PDA

View Full Version : Are You Buying Madden?(Blog)

Cody
06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1172066/madden-nfl-12-20110601035201179_640w.jpg
Are you buying Madden?

The last couple of yours we have all been disappointed by Madden. Some more than others, but like myself we have some consistent buyers. This year I feel that this might change. With the NFL Lockout STILL in affect, sales may decrease. With new screen shots coming out in the recent days, and big news coming at E3 I ask you are you purchasing Madden this year?

I am one of the consistent buyers, and even with the lockout I will need my fix of NFL Football. Madden 11 won't cut it for another year. From everything I have read and seen this years version is looking to be a lot better, some saying this is the year it catches up with NCAA. I don't believe so, Ian Cummings left Madden for a reason. He knows there will be more bad than good in the next bit. I think Madden 12 will be an improvement, but one game can not change the opinion of millions of people.

Some people will wait on the demo, but as proved last year the demo can be completely different from the actually game. When I played the demo last year I thought they had improved the game play, but when playing the actual play learned that the game flow was one of the worser additions I have seen. We can only hope Madden gets back on the board, but no matter what they will make their sales

Deuce
06-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Last year was the first year I didn't buy it. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting back on board this year though.

Paakaa10
06-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Having played Madden NFL 12 even just briefly, it's definitely a buy. So much in the game has been "touched" since last year, especially when you look at the Franchise mode improvements.

Cody
06-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Having played Madden NFL 12 even just briefly, it's definitely a buy. So much in the game has been "touched" since last year, especially when you look at the Franchise mode improvements.

I think that's the biggest concern for this year.

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I have the Hall of Fame Edition preordered. Unlike most others, I thought Madden '11 was a massive step in the right direction. If they tighten up defense against passes to the flats, I'll be happy.

Paakaa10
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I think that's the biggest concern for this year.

How is it still a concern? The official site has already listed a bunch of the improvements to the mode this year, including multiple blogs and some video footage. (http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/franchise-superstar-modes)

Just curious as to whether you've seen that or not.

Cody
06-02-2011, 08:01 PM
I ment before all the information came out.

ryby6969
06-02-2011, 08:39 PM
If the make Online Franchise, well, an actual Franchise instead of a league then I will buy it. Otherwise, I will skip it again this year.

Paakaa10
06-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I ment before all the information came out.

Okay. Based on how you worded your message, it sounded as though you thought it was still a problem.

skipwondah33
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm definitely buying like I do each year. Loved hearing that features the hardcore sim crowd has been looking for is in such as "shading", removal of suction blocking and tackling being removed, individual CB assignments (ability to press a particular CB instead of the entire secondary) and the improvements of zone and defensive AI altogether is improved.

Covered my gameplay wishlist so far and the cosmetic improvements are icing on the cake

Daywalker86
06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
OH....I'ma have this Madden haha

CLW
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I have it pre-ordered from Amazon. I am concerned about Online Franchise. The offline franchise improvements are very nice but I really want/expect them to all be included in Online Franchise. IF OF is a MAJOR disappointment I may cancel my pre-order.

Cody
06-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Did you guys enjoy the blog? I'd be willing to post a couple more.

Nothingface
06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Last year was the first year I didn't buy it. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting back on board this year though.

same thing for me man.

jaymo76
06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
100% YES... my only concern... how will I share time between NCAA and Madden this fall???

Jayrah
06-06-2011, 04:24 AM
100% YES... my only concern... how will I share time between NCAA and Madden this fall???

That is my answer.....and question as well!

accfsu34
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Hell yeah im buying it. I buy it every year, but this year im stoked about the improvements. I more excited about Madden this year, than NCAA.

iBrandon
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
If the make Online Franchise, well, an actual Franchise instead of a league then I will buy it. Otherwise, I will skip it again this year.

If I was just solely an online guy, I would agree, but the fact that offline franchise is getting so many improvements, there is no way I could skip Madden. Also, I've never skipped Madden in my life...lol