PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 Demo Screens - Ohio State vs Miami

gschwendt
06-07-2010, 09:17 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?191-NCAA-Football-11-Demo-Screens-Ohio-State-vs-Miami

JStein2469
06-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Some beautiful screens!

cdj
06-07-2010, 09:29 AM
The NCAA Football 11 Facebook says "Stay tuned all week for more updates regarding the demo that is released a week from today, 6/14!"

Nice to see the Ohio State Pro-Combats confirmed, we now know TCU and tOSU's are in. Like JStein said, the pics and game look very sharp. It's going to be fun to make the photo and video highlights this year.

texacotea
06-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Yea, screens look really good. Looking forward to getting to play this soon

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Very impressive for sure.

xRomo9
06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Wow that looks really good .. Licky my lips . I feel some NCAA Football 11 Highlight reels are in my future :)

coogrfan
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Niiiiiiice.

champ195797
06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Ok im at work trying to figure out how to get the demo early lol:D

Jayrah
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
In the 4th screen #55 is devouring #6! :) That is good indeed. Anyone else get the feeling there may be more than 2 teams in the demo? *"These shots were taken from the demo in a matchup featuring Ohio State Buckeyes versus Miami Hurricanes."* That sounds like there are more matchups to me.

Anyway, I love the pics. I wish I could play the demo when it comes out, but I won't get too till the end of the week. I will be in Colorado at the WAC referee tryout camp for basketball. Oh well, I may be busy enough that I won't notice till the plane ride back :D

Solidice
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
In the 4th screen #55 is devouring #6! :) That is good indeed. Anyone else get the feeling there may be more than 2 teams in the demo? *"These shots were taken from the demo in a matchup featuring Ohio State Buckeyes versus Miami Hurricanes."* That sounds like there are more matchups to me.

Anyway, I love the pics. I wish I could play the demo when it comes out, but I won't get too till the end of the week. I will be in Colorado at the WAC referee tryout camp for basketball. Oh well, I may be busy enough that I won't notice till the plane ride back :D

that was my guess at the beginning, that there will be more than 2 teams this year. judging from these teams, it's possible they are doing "big" early game of this season(or just big games of the year). probably ones that would include multiple offensive styles to go with the '120 ways to win' thing. hopefully they are not "locked in" match-ups though.

coogrfan
06-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Ehh, it's a demo. As long as there are at least two teams I'm good. ::cool:

morsdraconis
06-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Ehh, it's a demo. As long as there are at least two teams I'm good. ::cool:

You're just saying that because you know the Cougs aren't going to be in it. ;)

cdj
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
PastaPadre is reporting some additional demo details (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/07/additional-ncaa-football-11-demo-details):

Earlier today it was revealed that Ohio State and Miami would be included in the NCAA Football 11 demo. As noted it was not explicitly stated that they would be the only teams in the demo. I’ve since been able to get some additional details on how the demo will be constructed as well as a change to when the demo will be out for the PS3.

There will be eight teams total within the demo and they will be selectable in four different matchups. That means that OSU vs Miami is one of the matchups but the option won’t be available to take OSU/Miami against one of the other six teams. The idea with the inclusion of eight different teams is to put on display the different authentic offensive styles that have been added to the game this year.

The remaining six teams are currently unknown but they will be revealed throughout the week in a similar manner as the first two were today. Quarter length for the games is something I hope to get confirmation on but they will probably be set at two or four minutes.

Updating on the release information first provided by EA Sports the demo will now arrive on the PS3 the same day as it will for the 360. The demo will be available for both on Monday June 14th. Leave your thoughts on the demo news in the comments!

Flav
06-07-2010, 06:00 PM
PastaPadre is reporting some additional demo details (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/07/additional-ncaa-football-11-demo-details):

Earlier today it was revealed that Ohio State and Miami would be included in the NCAA Football 11 demo. As noted it was not explicitly stated that they would be the only teams in the demo. I’ve since been able to get some additional details on how the demo will be constructed as well as a change to when the demo will be out for the PS3.

There will be eight teams total within the demo and they will be selectable in four different matchups. That means that OSU vs Miami is one of the matchups but the option won’t be available to take OSU/Miami against one of the other six teams. The idea with the inclusion of eight different teams is to put on display the different authentic offensive styles that have been added to the game this year.

The remaining six teams are currently unknown but they will be revealed throughout the week in a similar manner as the first two were today. Quarter length for the games is something I hope to get confirmation on but they will probably be set at two or four minutes.

Updating on the release information first provided by EA Sports the demo will now arrive on the PS3 the same day as it will for the 360. The demo will be available for both on Monday June 14th. Leave your thoughts on the demo news in the comments!

So 8 teams for all the 8 offenses. Hopefully we get Michigan! As far as quarter length, I hope we get 4 minutes :p

Does this mean the size of the demo is going to be huge?

Deuce
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM

That's good to hear. I won't have to spend my Monday night talking smack about 360 owners. :p

4 minutes would be awesome but I'm not too hopeful. 4 matchups and 8 teams is pretty damn good.

cdj
06-07-2010, 06:08 PM
So 8 teams for all the 8 offenses. Hopefully we get Michigan! As far as quarter length, I hope we get 4 minutes :p

Typically, demos have a lot of lines of audio pulled and they may tone down the graphics some to help with file size. If true here :p, I'd imagine they would do the same - pull a lot of commentary and maybe downscale the graphics slightly.

Solidice
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM

I thought there were 9 styles? Air Raid, Spread, Multiple, One Back, Option, Run&Shoot, West Coast, Pistol, and Pro-Style.

Rudy
06-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I really like the OSU uniforms. Those are cool. I'm not a huge fan of the Miami orange. I don't like it when the Dolphins look like pumpkins either.

beartide06
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Well thank you cdj for updating that lol. I was a little worried to hear that was the only two teams. Now I have strong faith that Alabama will be in it to represent the one back system!

As far as time goes, I would be extremely happy to see 3-5 min quarters with 4 quarters. If that doesn't happen, the fact that there will be eight teams is awesome news.

I wonder what time on Monday the demo will be released? I know last year it was at like 5 a.m central time for me.

Nonetheless, I like the idea they have.

Solidice
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Microsoft usually updates around 2AM pacific time. but they are not always exact.

Rudy
06-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm wondering if they will have longer quarters but accelerated clock? Madden's exclusive demo was 5 minutes and accelerated clock last year. The one minute demo was pure garbage. How the hell can you get a feel for a football game with 1 minute quarters? Two minute quarters suck. I always try to get the game in OT so I can get some extended and relaxed playing time.

beartide06
06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
haha i agree. 1 minute was absurd.

If it's 3 min quarters I will be satisfied, but if its longer... I will experiment significantly with every style of offense they present.

jaymo76
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Let the countdown to the demo begin!:p:p:p

steelerfan
06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
These screens are very nice! I am sooo excited to hear that the demo will have 8 teams and I REALLY hope that the quarters are long enough that you don't have to run hurry-up or pass constantly. I want to see the CPU establish the run.

JBHuskers
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Let the countdown to the demo begin!:p:p:p

Okay LMAO

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.cfb.last20heismanwinners/images/crouch2.jpg

Kev5890
06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Those Ohio State uniforms are slick!

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Awesome news on the 8 teams. I was kind of disappointed when I heard Miami/tOSU since neither runs an offense similar to something I'd be interested in, but since they're going to try to highlight a bunch of different offenses, it looks like I'm all set. HOPEFULLY we get at the very least 4 minutes of game time in each demo game. I'd love a full half with 5 minute quarters, but I doubt that will happen.

Moving the demo up a day for PS3 to release the same day as the 360 demo is cool, too. EA is one of the few multiplatform developers that actually treats all consoles the equally. Refreshing.

JeffHCross
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Those Ohio State uniforms are slick!I think they look better in the game than they did in real life. They just didn't look right last year.