PDA

View Full Version : The Official 360 Achievement Leaderboard / Discussion / Support Group

Pages : [1] 2

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Yep. This just happened. I was planning on starting this several months ago, but never got around to it, and this site is predominantly PS3 users. I've seen a lot more 360 users the past several weeks, so this may be more appropriate now.

With that said, it's going to be the same format as the Trophy thread, only instead of platinum trophies, I'm going to keep track of 1000/1000. That may turn out to be a bit of a pain, but I'm sure we'll get through it. :D

The first entry will be July whenever I do the trophy leaderboard update. If you want to be added to the list, post here and then send me a friend request on Live. I have a pretty good feeling Smooth Pancakes is going to dominate this. :D

List

1. Myself, duh.
2. Smooth Pancakes
3. JBHuskers
4. AustinWolv

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, sign me up! I've been waiting for one of these babies to pop up on here. :D

Yeah, I'm doing tons of achievement whoring. I've got 6 games at a full 1000/1000 already. Modern Warfare 2 I just need three more achievements (Spec Ops stuff) that me and a friend plan on finishing off one of these days. L.A. Noire should be finished within a week or two. I'm hoping to finish off Assassin's Creed and AC: Brotherhood within the next month.

I'm going to have to buy back Madden NFL 10 sometime since I have just one achievement left still to get that I forgot about before I sold it the first time. Still need to finish off Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (6 achievements left) and PGA Tour 12 (hoping by July or August I am getting my last achievement). So yeah, that 6 that I have right now for games that I have 1000/1000 on will definitely be going up, as will my, so far, 1,163 achievements earned. :D

I've turned into such an achievement whore in the past year or so, that I intentionally am going out of my way in nearly every game anymore just to earn every achievement I can. :D

I OU a Beatn
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
If you really want to some easy achievements, rent Avatar: The Last Airbender. You can get the full 1000G in literally 5 minutes legitimately. I definitely will whenever I can find it. None of the rental places around here have it, nor does any of my Gamestops. I'm guessing there's not too many in circulation. The older sports games are really good and easy 1000G, too. One of these days I'm going to whore them all, I just have to motivate myself to do it.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, NCAA Football and Madden are my automatic whoring titles every year. I have gotten 1000G on the past three NCAAs, going back to 09. I've completed Madden 09, just have that one achievement left on Madden 10, and actually went and was able to get Madden 11 cheap just last week, solely for the reason of getting achievements, so that'll be getting added onto my current number of achievements and 1000G games within the next week or two. :D

And holy crap! I just looked up the achievements for The Last Airbender. You really aren't kidding! Wow those are some horrible attempts at achievements. That definitely would be a literally 5 minutes legit 1000G. I'm going to have to start keeping an eye for that. :D

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I gotta 360....

JeffHCross
06-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I gotta 360....And your whore status is not in question.

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 12:59 AM
And your whore status is not in question.

:smh: nope

I do need to work on my 360 whoring though.

AustinWolv
06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Sign me up, I have a few already. :)

Funny you mention Airbender, as I have it on the way to the house. We should work out a 1:1 trade program.

I started whoring some games last fall and just picked up a bunch more to start up again.

CLW
06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
IMHO there needs to be a slightly different definition for this other than whore (which rightfully belongs to the PS3 crowd). Perhaps 360 Sluts?

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Achievement Whore was born before Trophy Whore in the Whore Timeline CLW :D

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 09:59 AM
360 sluts does have a nice ring to it.

AustinWolv
06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Very much so.
PS3.....late to the party and not any hotter.

CLW
06-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Very much so.

Well since you Crapboxers have been at it longer isn't Slut a more appropriate term as it is a step "lower" on the totem poll than Whore?

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Very much so.

Yeah but 360 doesn't have that pretty platinum, all you can say is 100% and you really don't get anything for that besides more score :D

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
If the WiiHD has achivements, trophies, whatever name. I will get it and we'll need a new support group :nod: :D

AustinWolv
06-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Well since you Crapboxers have been at it longer isn't Slut a more appropriate term as it is a step "lower" on the totem poll than Whore?

I gave up the fanboyism long ago; you should too. I'd have a PS3 if there was a reason to or if someone gave me one. In fact, I had PS1 and 2 for ages and was a late, late Xbox adopter. At the time, XBox' online experience and market and all that blew PS out of the water. Since going to 360, haven't looked back and honestly haven't delved into PS3 enough to compare the two.

Whore, slut, JB..........all the same thing. :)

Yeah but 360 doesn't have that pretty platinum, all you can say is 100% and you really don't get anything for that besides more score
Score is all that counts! Just check Sportscenter any day for confirmation of that! Anyone can buy platinum like some two-bit rapper, but the score is what matters in the end!

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Whore, slut, JB..........all the same thing. :)

Yeah, they're pretty synonymous. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
If the WiiHD has achivements, trophies, whatever name. I will get it and we'll need a new support group :nod: :D

You'll have to do that one yourself. I'm not touching ANYTHING Nintendo with a 20 foot pole. :D

JBHuskers
06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
You'll have to do that one yourself. I'm not touching ANYTHING Nintendo with a 20 foot pole. :D

I got a Wii in October, and have barely played it. I think it's due to lack of trophies :D

AustinWolv
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I just looked up the achievements for The Last Airbender. You really aren't kidding! Wow those are some horrible attempts at achievements. That definitely would be a literally 5 minutes legit 1000G.
Just did it. Less than 5 minutes. LOL!
If someone wants it, let me know. Otherwise, going on Ebay where it came from.

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Whenever I get around to getting it, it's going to be from Gamestop so I can return it. There's no way I'm hanging onto that. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be one of those where you either put it up on ebay while still waiting for it to arrive (since you'd be ready to ship it back out right away), or go buy it from Gamestop, get the 1000G, and go right back and sell it back, all within a half hour (depending on driving time). :D

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't even sell it back. I'd buy a used copy and return it. I don't want to spend any money on it at all, because I'm sure it's really bad. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Well, sell it, return it, same thing to me in this case. :D

AustinWolv
06-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Never seen it at my local GS, lol.

I OU a Beatn
06-04-2011, 12:48 AM
It's one that you have to specifically ask for. I just haven't gotten the courage up to go ask yet. It's also why I don't have the platinum for Hannah Montana. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Oh I will never get up the courage to ask for that game. As much of an achievement whore as I am, no way am I ever going to sink to such low depths like JB. :D

morsdraconis
06-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Add me too. I've got a good bit. Not exactly an achievement whore or anything, I just play the games, but I play a lot of 360 games.

Violator
06-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh I will never get up the courage to ask for that game. As much of an achievement whore as I am, no way am I ever going to sink to such low depths like JB. :D

Actually I was the first to plat Hannah Montana. And not ashamed of it at all

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Now I remember why I love NCAA Football and Madden so much when it comes to achievements. An extremely easy 1000 gamerscore. :D I bought Madden 11 for very cheap two weeks ago solely so I could achievement whore it and sell it back off. Just finally got around to installing it to my hard drive and playing it tonight. In less than 3 hours of gameplay, I already have 17/24 achievements, winning 14 achievements in a single Play Now game. :D

I very well could be completely done and have 1000G by Friday night, depending on how much of a pain in the ass the win a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone is going to be. I remember that one took me a long time in Madden 10 because it was so difficult to get those bitches to actually fumble while standing in the endzone, even with ratings changed and/or sliders altered in order to make it easier.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 10:20 AM
So you firing this up in July Beatn?

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Actually I was the first to plat Hannah Montana. And not ashamed of it at all

Damn straight! I'm fucking proud of it! :nod: :easy:

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 10:44 AM
July 1, yes sir. Or if Lusogamer comes up so I can post the gamercards, I'll just go ahead and get everyone in order and July 1 will be the first progress update. Either or.

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Rank | Gamercard | Gamerscore | 100% Games
1 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/AustinWolv.png | 45527(-) | 12(-)
2 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/Smooth+Pancakes.png | 24280(-) | 9(-)
3 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/I+OU+a+Beatn.png | 17535(-) | 4(-)
4 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/oweb2.png | 17053(-) | 0(-)
5 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/morsdraconis.png | 14165(-) | 0(-)
6 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/JBHuskers.png | 8225(-) | 1(-)

That's going to be the general idea of how it's going to work. I'm going to be using different gamercards as soon as the site I want to use comes back up and I also need to figure out a way to accurately depict how many 100% games everyone has.

Once I do figure that out, we'll have to decide whether we should include 100% arcade games and whether or not having the DLC achievements should affect a regular game's 100%(like it does on Live).

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
See...I'm not QUITE the whore you think I am :P

November will be 3 years for me on XBL though. I'm just on PSN more.

Honestly I don't think I have any 100% games either.

List looks good Beatn....it's always fun to follow.

oweb26
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I would like to join oweb2....though I dont think I have any 100% games.

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Done.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Have you not investigated yet, or do none of us have 100%?

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't know about you, but I was in the process of figuring out Austin's, and he has so many that I knew there would eventually be a problem calculating it from month to month. Live's achievement interface isn't really good in that regard. I'm going to try to find a site that actually keeps track of it before I include it.

morsdraconis
06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I definitely don't have any 100% games, I just play a shit ton of games halfway through or beat them and then move on.

oweb26
06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I definitely don't have any 100% games, I just play a shit ton of games halfway through or beat them and then move on.

I am the exact same way, though I can easily plug in some of my games and get the 100% I just have video game ADD.

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
That's going to be the general idea of how it's going to work. I'm going to be using different gamercards as soon as the site I want to use comes back up and I also need to figure out a way to accurately depict how many 100% games everyone has.

Once I do figure that out, we'll have to decide whether we should include 100% arcade games and whether or not having the DLC achievements should affect a regular game's 100%(like it does on Live).

I don't know about you, but I was in the process of figuring out Austin's, and he has so many that I knew there would eventually be a problem calculating it from month to month. Live's achievement interface isn't really good in that regard. I'm going to try to find a site that actually keeps track of it before I include it.

Well, if it comes down to it in the end, though I don't know about how simple it would be getting everyone to actually report, we could do self reporting of 100% games. For me for instance, I know that currently, excluding the XBox Live Labs and NCAA Basketball March Madness Edition, if we in the end do also exclude Arcade games, I currently have 6 games at 100%.

As for the problem of 100% without DLC achievements, yeah, that could be a pain in the ass to figure out. I have absolutely no clue if there are any games on my list that I have 100% in before accounting for DLC.

And damn, where did you come from Austin? I thought I had 1st place on the list locked up since I OU was the closest one to me, and he's still 7,000 behind me. :(

I am the exact same way, though I can easily plug in some of my games and get the 100% I just have video game ADD.

Yeah, if I decide to go on a 100% whoring spree, I have a good 5-7 games that all I need are as few as one and as many as maybe 10 achievements to get 100% on them. It's just a matter sitting down and dedicating myself to getting those achievements if I want them.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 03:38 PM
That would take me forever to go through and see which games I have 100% on, but through the dashboard it might not be so bad.

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 03:44 PM
That would take me forever to go through and see which games I have 100% on, but through the dashboard it might not be so bad.

Yeah, if it's just going through the dashboard, it's pretty simple, since it lists all your 100% games in the Account tab in the My Xbox blade. Scroll over a couple more tabs to the right in the Account section, you find Achievement Progress with all 100% games listed. That'll probably be the way I do it, instead of searching through my lists on Xbox.com or something.

I OU a Beatn
06-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. It would be a pain in the ass for someone to keep track of the 100% games, so I'm going to try to find a site that possibly tracks that.

In other news, finally beat all 10 Jordan challenges and ended up getting another achievement in the process. The only one I had left was the finals against Seattle. Either I wouldn't get enough rebounds and everything else, or I'd get everything and lose to a buzzer beating shot(happened 3 times - all Gary Payton while I was nearly tackling him). This game, not a problem. Jordan had 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 12 assists at halftime, so I was done with that. I was really beating them, too, so I figured since I was up by 22 at half, I'd try to beat them by 50 to get another achievement and let some frustration out. Final score: 111-52. Take that, Gary Payton.

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I need to get back into NBA 2K11. I have hardly touched it since L.A. Noire came out (which that I'm also very close to getting 100% on) and then I went on a golfing spree in Tiger Woods 12. I'm very close to being done on Madden 11, having got 21 of 24 achievements in a less than 12 hour period since I first started up the game. I just have to play in the Pro Bowl, win a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone, and complete the Super Bowl Sunday Madden Moment, which I'm about to complete my 14th Madden Moment, so by either tomorrow or Sunday, if I keep knocking these things out left and right, I'll have the SBS Madden Moment.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 08:40 PM
You'd think there is a site that records 100%'s.

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Updated the list a bit, as I found a site that tracks them. Considering Smooth and I were the only ones registered, everyone else needs to register at trueachievements.com and then I'll be able to pull the information off the site. The best part is that it doesn't include DLC as part of the 100% equation, so that's perfect.

Also, we now have to decide. It keeps track of 100% retail and arcade games, so it's up to you guys. Do you want arcade games to count or no? I included them in my mini updated, but it's truly up to you guys. It doesn't make my job harder either way.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Updated the list a bit, as I found a site that tracks them. Considering Smooth and I were the only ones registered, everyone else needs to register at trueachievements.com and then I'll be able to pull the information off the site. The best part is that it doesn't include DLC as part of the 100% equation, so that's perfect.

Also, we now have to decide. It keeps track of 100% retail and arcade games, so it's up to you guys. Do you want arcade games to count or no? I included them in my mini updated, but it's truly up to you guys. It doesn't make my job harder either way.

Nice! I completely forgot about trueachievements.com. I haven't been there in a while. Always a bunch of intersting stats that they keep track of that are fun to look up from time to time. And yeah, that's perfect with them excluding DLC from the equation, since unlike the trophies on PS3, all we really have to go by are 100%/1000G for 360.

As for arcade games, either way works for me, I'll leave it up to everyone else. I only have like 5 arcade games altogether. I pretty much stick to retail games, with some independent games thrown in.

And on a game whoring note, yes! Made it through all 45 Madden Moments last night that were required to be completed to unlock the final four Moments, that includes Super Bowl Sunday among them. Unfortunately, by the time I made it there, it was about time to start getting ready for work, so I didn't even get to try it. But later on today, I'm hoping to complete it, knock out that achievement, which will then leave me just winning a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone, and Madden will be 1000G'd, all since about 8pm Thursday night. :D

AustinWolv
06-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll register there in a minute.

I went through a list of games I want to play, plus ones to whore.......um, yeah, that list is waaaaay too long. LOL!

I don't think I have that many full 1000 games either, I've just played a lot of games I guess? I probably have around 8-11.....I'll check later.

And damn, where did you come from Austin?
LOL....I was stuck around 28k-30k for quite a while, as when I go into NCAA mode, I don't really play too many other games, and then I'll take a break and hit a flurry of games. Forcing myself to try out some other games for achievements has actually been quite rewarding as I've played games that I normally wouldn't bother playing/spent the money on, but for example I ended up really liking Wolverine last fall for example. And people say Terminator: Salvation is fairly crappy, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Part of it is that I don't like games that take 60 hours and tons of story or whatever, as I just don't have that kind of time what with 2 kids. I want games to be fun, fairly short, and not ridiculous bosses that are button-mashing luck.
Alan Wake was a pretty good game that I finished up (finally! I had it for like 6+ months and hadn't touched it) recently. And I really like Operation: Flashpoint Dragon Rising once you figure out the reticule holdovers.....pretty easy to whack guys at long distance then. :) Although the amount of running around is a bit annoying.

And I really dislike games like GTA where you go here, then have to go clear across the map, and then come back....just for one stupid little side mission. Blah.

I think including arcade games for the score is fine. Some of them are pretty hard actually. However, I'm not into keeping DLC score because sometimes the DLC is crap and I wouldn't want to pay for it.

morsdraconis
06-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I registered.

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm in.

oweb26
06-11-2011, 12:27 PM
registered

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, the site doesn't count DLC. If you get 100% on the game's original achievements, then it stays there regardless...so it tracks it perfectly. I'll get everything updated later today.

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 02:31 PM
There we go, all updated and pretty. Retail and XBLA games will both count towards 100%.

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
There we go, all updated and pretty. Retail and XBLA games will both count towards 100%.

Where are they at? :dunno:

morsdraconis
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
1 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/AustinWolv.png | 45527(-) | 12(-)
2 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/Smooth Pancakes.png | 24280(-) | 9(-)
3 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/I OU a Beatn.png | 17535(-) | 4(-)
4 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/oweb2.png | 17053(-) | 0(-)
5 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/morsdraconis.png | 14165(-) | 0(-)
6 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/orange/gamercard_nxe_dashboard/JBHuskers.png | 8225(-) | 1(-)

There ya go JB. ;)

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh, I was thinking he was going to use true achievement's cards....my bad. I wonder which game I have 100% on :D I'll have to investigate.

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
It says your 100% is Hasbro Family Game Night, but it says you have 0/0 achievements. I was confused so I just gave it to you. :D

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I wonder if the 100% is 1 vs. 100 and the added content makes it not 100% (as it is 91% right now according to xbox.com).

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
It says your 100% is Hasbro Family Game Night, but it says you have 0/0 achievements. I was confused so I just gave it to you. :D

280 / 1850 is my count on that game

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey Smooth, whenever you get back to playing 2K11, let me know if you want to boost those stupid online achievements. I tried to play a game today and it was nothing but lag. Not to mention I'm pretty sure everyone is going to use the Heat and just shoot jumpers all day with Wade and James.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL....I was stuck around 28k-30k for quite a while, as when I go into NCAA mode, I don't really play too many other games, and then I'll take a break and hit a flurry of games. Forcing myself to try out some other games for achievements has actually been quite rewarding as I've played games that I normally wouldn't bother playing/spent the money on, but for example I ended up really liking Wolverine last fall for example. And people say Terminator: Salvation is fairly crappy, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Part of it is that I don't like games that take 60 hours and tons of story or whatever, as I just don't have that kind of time what with 2 kids. I want games to be fun, fairly short, and not ridiculous bosses that are button-mashing luck. Alan Wake was a pretty good game that I finished up (finally! I had it for like 6+ months and hadn't touched it) recently. And I really like Operation: Flashpoint Dragon Rising once you figure out the reticule holdovers.....pretty easy to whack guys at long distance then. :) Although the amount of running around is a bit annoying.

And I really dislike games like GTA where you go here, then have to go clear across the map, and then come back....just for one stupid little side mission. Blah.

Yeah, while I mainly buy games I know I'll like and want to play, achievements are always something I look at with every game I get, seeing if I can get 1000G, or at least be willing to put in the effort to get it. I actually just bought Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising two weeks ago or so over Xbox Live. Have only briefly played it, but it's a lot of fun. Definitely a nice, more realistic shooter/military game then you get with other games these days.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey Smooth, whenever you get back to playing 2K11, let me know if you want to boost those stupid online achievements. I tried to play a game today and it was nothing but lag. Not to mention I'm pretty sure everyone is going to use the Heat and just shoot jumpers all day with Wade and James.

Sure thing, absolutely. I certainly am going to be trying to go after 1000G in 2K11 and I definitely wasn't looking forward to the online portion of the achievements, so I'm definitely game for working together on those. When I finally finish off Madden 11 (haven't had a chance to play at all yet today) I'm gonna work 2K11 more back into my play time and rotate it more evenly with Tiger 12 instead of the "play this one game, and only one game, for an entire week" system that I've been doing for the past month or so.

I OU a Beatn
06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I need to pick up Madden '11 for the achievements. I got the platinum on PS3, and it was one of my more enjoyable ones. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I had a ton of fun with the Madden Moments for some reason.

But yeah, it would be nice to have the online ones out of the way, especially win 5 in a row. I'm confident I could win 20 total if I stuck with it long enough, but winning 5 in a row for a game that has been out almost a year and that I've just now started playing would probably be impossible. I still don't think I'll get the full 1000G simply because it's really involved. Also, I hate My Player. Hate it.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, Madden and NCAA are my automatic 1000G games every year. I blew through 22 of 24 achievements for Madden 11 in less than 12 hours, just doing absolutely nothing but achievement whoring. They are both always so easy and simple to quickly rack up a bunch of gamerscore on.

And agreed on the Madden Moments. When I first started working on them trying to get up to Super Bowl Sunday, I thought "ugh, I got play 45 of these stupid moments just to unlock SBS", but then as I got rolling and got into them, damn I had a lot of fun. I especially love the drive for a game winning score moments. I just love those two minute drill games. Give me anywhere from 45 seconds to 2 minutes to drive down the field and score the game winning touchdown, I'm in heaven. There was one with Jacksonville that I had so much fun on, I ended up replaying that moment probably 5 times. I had so much fun with it, since I am actually going to bother with a franchise this time now that it has been worked on by the team, I'm gonna completely skip over my usual of doing a franchise with Denver, and start one with Jacksonville in Madden 12. They are a lot of fun to play with.

I OU a Beatn
06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
GS had NCAA '11 on the 360 for $20 today used. SOLD! It's time to do some achievement whoring. :D

AustinWolv
06-13-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm not a fan of forced MP achievements. I don't play MP much except for Gears of War and a few other games with some close friends.

Wrapped up Jumper today. lol. The camera isn't as terrible as people made it out to be in reviews if you've ever played 3rd person stuff before. Weird game though in that the last 30% of it is really, really dark such that I couldn't see shit until I cranked up the brightness on my TV. Made it much easier to breeze through when you can see shit. NHL 2k6 was wicked easy 1000 also. :p

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2011, 07:56 AM
It's done! Thank you god it's done! Madden 11 is finished! That Super Bowl Sunday Madden Moment took me probably about 40 tries this morning, because you are under such a major time limit. Down 31-17 with 50 seconds left, ball 4th and goal on the New Orleans 5 (or somewhere around there) and two timeouts. I suck when it comes to online kicks, so I just kept kicking it deep and making them take a touchback. Depending on how fast I'd score, I'd still have 47-49 seconds left on the clock after the touchback.

If I could get the tackles fast enough, and get time out called fast enough, I'd be able to make it to 3rd down with 41 or 42 seconds left, giving me the guarantee that the Saints would be forced to punt since they'd kneel it on third down. First time I could get the timing worked out correctly, it actually worked and they were forced to actually punt instead of running out the clock. I was even able to manage to return the punt for a touchdown (a must since time is expired by the time they punt), only problem was, the game thought I was completing this moment too soon and fucked me and called me for holding, screwing me out of completing the moment.

Another 10-15 tries after that, I finally managed to get New Orleans to pass on 3rd down, wish Brees rushed and threw incomplete, stopping the clock with 35 seconds left and giving me the ball since they had to punt no matter what now. Then it was just a matter of a couple quick passes and score a touchdown.

Then I moved on to my final achievement, the winning a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone. This one took probably a good hour of non-stop attempts at forcing the CPU to fumble in their endzone, but I just finally managed to make it happen a couple minutes ago, after probably 100 tries. And thankfully, my players jumped on it first so the meter was well in my favor before I even had to start pounding buttons. And with that, Madden 11 is over and done with for me. I can finally sell Madden off along with my copy of NCAA 11 and make room on my shelf for the 12 versions.

And I OU, I saw your post about needing to pick up Madden 11 for the achievements. If you want, we can work out something on here where I can sell and ship you my copy cheap. I'm just going to sell it off online or (if Gamestop has a good trade in deal within the next couple weeks) trade it and NCAA 11 in together towards a different game. So if you still need to buy Madden, let me know.

I OU a Beatn
06-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Kudos to you for getting the fumble in the endzone achievements legitimately. On PS3, I used two controllers and I'm going to do the exact same thing whenever I pick it up for 360. I'm trying to blow through NCAA '11 so that I can return it Tuesday when I go to pick up Alice: Madness Returns and then pick up Madden '11, which is the same price. I know for a fact I can do Madden in two or three days, so hopefully I'll be able to return that one as well.

The only question is whether or not I can finish NCAA '11 by Tuesday. I don't think I can. :D

AustinWolv
06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Another 10-15 tries after that, I finally managed to get New Orleans to pass on 3rd down, wish Brees rushed and threw incomplete, stopping the clock with 35 seconds left and giving me the ball since they had to punt no matter what now. Then it was just a matter of a couple quick passes and score a touchdown.

Then I moved on to my final achievement, the winning a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone. This one took probably a good hour of non-stop attempts at forcing the CPU to fumble in their endzone, but I just finally managed to make it happen a couple minutes ago, after probably 100 tries.

Holy crap, you have a lot of patience. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Kudos to you for getting the fumble in the endzone achievements legitimately. On PS3, I used two controllers and I'm going to do the exact same thing whenever I pick it up for 360. I'm trying to blow through NCAA '11 so that I can return it Tuesday when I go to pick up Alice: Madness Returns and then pick up Madden '11, which is the same price. I know for a fact I can do Madden in two or three days, so hopefully I'll be able to return that one as well.

The only question is whether or not I can finish NCAA '11 by Tuesday. I don't think I can. :D

Thanks man. I try my best to get them legit if I can. Only the real, true, massive pains in the ass achievements do I end up trying to attain them so another means (the two controllers method).

Oh yeah, you'll be able to finish Madden up real fast. I got 22 of the 24 achievements in less than 12 hours. I was only able to finish up the last two last night because I wasn't able to get to do them Saturday and Sunday nights, otherwise I would have been done a lot faster.

Holy crap, you have a lot of patience. :D

:D Yes, I do. That, and I am a massive achievement whore and do what it takes to get them. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Almost have a second retail 100% this week. Just need to find 45 more gold film reels and rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case (which I'm working on right now) and I'll have 100% retail for L.A. Noire. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
NCAA '11 is really, really ticking me off. I forgot how much the game pissed me off when I went for the platinum on PS3, and I'm getting a lovely little refresher on why. I find it absolutely laughable that I start out the season as #1, beat the #2, #3, #4, #7, #12, and #23 teams while starting 7-0, and get overtaken by a team who has beaten ONE top 25 team, which also happens to be the team I beat. Absolutely RETARDED. This is definitely going to test my patience.

SmoothPancakes
06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Ugh, that brings back bad memories of some of the achievements like the Wire to Wire and others. I really hope the achievements are changed up this year in NCAA and Madden. I'm getting tired of the same things over and over (Wire to Wire, sign a 5 star prospect with a 2 star school, win a Fight for the Fumble in the endzone, etc). They need to come up with some better ones. I love how easy (overall) it is to get 100% on them, absolutely, but they need to come up with some better achievements/trophies for these two. It's like they created the achievements/trophies a couple years ago and said "we're done! no need to overhaul them until 2015."

SmoothPancakes
06-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Almost there! 25 more golden film reels I will be 100% retail for L.A. Noire.

JBHuskers
06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I just don't fire up my 360 as much as my PS3 so I'm going to not move up this leaderboard :D but fun to track the whoreness nonetheless.

SmoothPancakes
06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
I just don't fire up my 360 as much as my PS3 so I'm going to not move up this leaderboard :D but fun to track the whoreness nonetheless.

Yeah, I'd be the same way on PS3 if I had one. 360 would still get 99% of my playing time, so I'd probably be the bottom feeder of the PS3 leaderboard.

And on an achievement whoring note, I have just completed my second 100% retail game this week. Finished off Madden 11 Monday morning, and just five minutes ago, found my last golden film reel to finish off L.A. Noire.

And now that the retail stuff is done, I can finally focus my attention on the two DLC cases that have already been released for L.A. Noire and pick up an extra 200 gamerscore from them.

I OU a Beatn
06-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm an equal opportunity whore, but I will say this - I have a HUGE back log of games on 360. I've basically beaten all my PS3 games, except inFAMOUS 2, and they're all at least opened and have been played a bit. I have 25+ 360 games in their wrapper and another 10 or so that I played for an hour or two and never got around to finishing. :D

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm an equal opportunity whore, but I will say this - I have a HUGE back log of games on 360. I've basically beaten all my PS3 games, except inFAMOUS 2, and they're all at least opened and have been played a bit. I have 25+ 360 games in their wrapper and another 10 or so that I played for an hour or two and never got around to finishing. :D

Yeah on the PS3 I just got a couple games before I moved (Splatterhouse, Rock Band 3, Mafia II, and Saw II) that are still unopened and Alice: Madness Returns came today....I have WAY too many games to catch up on....and going to slow down on buying games til I do so, unless it is a major release. For me, outside of the EA Sports games, there isn't a major release that I must get til Gears 3 I'm thinking.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I have NCAA '12, Madden '12, Gears 3, BF3, and The Witcher 2 for my absolute must buys, so there's still a lot of games coming out. I'll more than likely add Uncharted and Resistance 3 to that list as well.

Resistance 3 comes out two weeks before Gears 3, too. I'm pretty sure Resistance 2 launched 2 or 3 days ahead of Gears 2 last time and it definitely got the short end of the stick there. Sorry, R3, it's probably going to happen again.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 01:26 AM
It is tough because there are 5 big games I'm looking forward to between Sept to Jan '12. NCAA 12 and GoW3 will likely get the most attention though.

And I thought I was bad.....I have around 20 games to play through, mainly achievement whoring games, not even the ones on my 'want to play' list that I'm trying to crank through. LOL. But I get most of mine on the cheap on Ebay used.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2011, 03:49 AM
There, L.A. Noire is, at the moment, completely done. The storyline and retail game/achievements, 100% done. Badge Pursuit challenge (though sadly no related achievements :(), completely done. 'A Slip of the Tongue' and 'The Naked City' pre-order/DLC cases (and all 10 related achievements) done. Everything finished for a nice 1200 gamerscore. Nothing more left to do in L.A. Noire until 'Nicholson Electroplating' DLC is released on June 21st, and the 'Reefer Madness' DLC gets released on July 12th.

Now to get back to work on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (and hopefully finish that off 100% retail sometime within the next month or two), just plain get back into NBA 2K11, finish off the last couple achievements in the first Assassin's Creed, and finish off the remaining 6 single-player achievements, and somehow get the multi-player achievements, in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

oweb26
06-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I should have BF2 100% by this weekend I just got my last online achievement earlier this week, it was super easy just kept forgetting about it, now I have to finish the storyline. Actually I will probably have over 1000 due to the DLC, onslaught edition.

MOst of the games I want to get come out around Sept, Oct, and Nov.
Gears 3
NCAA
Rage
Saints Row the third
BF3

Games I will get and probably wait until used
Dark Souls
Elder Scrolls<----this could easily be moved into the day release category
COD <whatever number we are on
Uncharted

I am sure I am forgetting something.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Son. Of. A. Bitch. I have no idea how in the hell this happened, but it did. A lightning storm just went through and apparently fried my 360, which was plugged into a surge protector with about 6 other things(TV, PS3, PC, air conditioner, modem, router) and the only thing that got zapped was the 360. Everything else works fine. I'm seriously so disappointed right now. I know MS wont cover it simply because it's an "Act of God" so I'm going to have to buy one, which is something I refuse to do right now considering I'm going to plop down $400 on the Gears of War 3 360 coming out in September, so it looks like my achievement whoring is done until then. :(

I'll definitely keep this updated for you guys, though. Looks like my quest to get to 20k is going to be delayed for 3 months. Ugh.

morsdraconis
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Son. Of. A. Bitch. I have no idea how in the hell this happened, but it did. A lightning storm just went through and apparently fried my 360, which was plugged into a surge protector with about 6 other things(TV, PS3, PC, air conditioner, modem, router) and the only thing that got zapped was the 360. Everything else works fine. I'm seriously so disappointed right now. I know MS wont cover it simply because it's an "Act of God" so I'm going to have to buy one, which is something I refuse to do right now considering I'm going to plop down $400 on the Gears of War 3 360 coming out in September, so it looks like my achievement whoring is done until then. :(

I'll definitely keep this updated for you guys, though. Looks like my quest to get to 20k is going to be delayed for 3 months. Ugh.

Damn man. That REALLY sucks.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I'm also really confused as to how it only got the 360. Everything else was on as well, even the PS3 and nothing else was even touched. That makes no sense to me. It's my own dumbness for playing while it was storming anyway, so I only have myself to blame.

oweb26
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Fish for a new power block that happened to me once and for some reason it just fried my block not my system and the only way to know is getting a new block. I borrwoed a friends first to make sure and then I sprung for another one. Depending on your 360 make sure you get the right block though.

There are something like 3 different ones, depending on the date of purchase. All the older white ones use the same, the elites use a different one, and I want to say the newer white ones used an even different one not counting the new xboxes.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Hopefully it isn't the 360. Sucks. Does it not power up at all?
Hopefully it is just the brick.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
I have a friend who has an extra brick, so I might have to try that. It apparently got the port on the surge protector and the system/brick. I plugged another device into the same port it was on and it wont power up either. I figured that might have been the problem, but the 360 in another port still wont turn on. Bummer, here's to hoping it's the brick after all.

But yeah, it wont turn on at all. There's no functions whatsoever. I press the power button and it makes no sounds, no lights, and no signs whatsoever of it trying to boot up.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Heh, if it is the 360, maybe try one of the local Craigslist repair services? :)

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Heh, if it is the 360, maybe try one of the local Craigslist repair services? :)

I think it's called Random Encounters.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Ha, I don't want to spend any money on it. There is a shop near me that repairs them for $40, but it's not even worth that to me. I was planning on trading it in towards the Gears 3 console anyway, and considering my GS doesn't check the systems 90% of the time, I can probably get full price for it - which isn't much knowing GS, but probably more than I'd get anywhere else.

Gotta try the brick first, though.

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Ha, I don't want to spend any money on it. There is a shop near me that repairs them for $40, but it's not even worth that to me. I was planning on trading it in towards the Gears 3 console anyway, and considering my GS doesn't check the systems 90% of the time, I can probably get full price for it - which isn't much knowing GS, but probably more than I'd get anywhere else.

Gotta try the brick first, though.

That's right you were going to get that Gears console.

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Yep, I figure I could get $125 trade in credit for the broken 360 if they don't check it(they most likely wont), and then I have a spare PS3 that I've been meaning to get rid of, so that's probably about the same. Add in several accessories and games I don't want and I should be able to get it without spending a penny. Hopefully.

I'm going to get the power brick here soon, hopefully it works.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Damn man, sorry to hear about all that. :( Hopefully it does end up just being the power brick and you can get it back to life. Make sure to let us know what happens and if you have any success getting it back on.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
What is the appeal for you on the GoW3 console?

I OU a Beatn
06-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Huge Gears of War fan and I basically collect anything and everything Gears related, so the console is a must have for me since it has the Gears designs on it. I would've preferred the console to be black with the red markings instead of the other way around, but oh well, it's still Gears, lol.

AustinWolv
06-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Cool, just curious.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Add another 100% retail on the board for me by the middle of next week. :D I won an auction on eBay an hour or so ago, got Madden 10 for $2.50. I only need one achievement from 10 to get 100% on it. Unfortunately it's a co-op achievement, so I need to track down someone to do it with. But when I do, it'll be a very quick and simple one. Then just a matter of selling the game back off again.

morsdraconis
06-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Add another 100% retail on the board for me by the middle of next week. :D I won an auction on eBay an hour or so ago, got Madden 10 for $2.50. I only need one achievement from 10 to get 100% on it. Unfortunately it's a co-op achievement, so I need to track down someone to do it with. But when I do, it'll be a very quick and simple one. Then just a matter of selling the game back off again.

If I ever get around to fixing my 360 (hopefully sometime soon - eyes the release date for NCAA '12 again), I'll do it with ya if you haven't gotten it already yet. I've got the game laying around here somewhere...

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2011, 09:53 PM
If I ever get around to fixing my 360 (hopefully sometime soon - eyes the release date for NCAA '12 again), I'll do it with ya if you haven't gotten it already yet. I've got the game laying around here somewhere...

Works for me man. I have no clue if anyone on my friend's list still even has Madden 10, and I'd rather go after it with a friend instead of trying to get it with a random player, since at least with a friend, we'll know specifically what we have to do to get that achievement.

I OU a Beatn
06-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on. It just randomly started working again, so I'm not sure if the lightning actually did hit it or there's something wrong with it. Oh well, it's only got to last til September and then I don't care what it does. :D

...and my hard drive was wiped. COME ON!

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 07:55 AM
:D

Definitely a power surge. You just needed to leave it unplugged for a while and it would start working again (normal fix for something like that if it hasn't totally fried circuitry). You'll be lucky if the HD holds data anymore though. Could be magnetized beyond repair.

I OU a Beatn
06-16-2011, 08:46 AM
It saved stuff last night, so I guess it's working. The one outlet on the surge protector still doesn't work, though.

AustinWolv
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

I got Madden10, so sign me up. I just got it a few days ago also, but haven't started it yet. :D

Finished up a 100% retail last night, took about two nights for Night at the Museum. hehe.

...and my hard drive was wiped. COME ON!
Ah, that sucks.
I saw your profile login last night and didn't even occur to me until coming back to this thread that your 360 is working!

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
I got Madden10, so sign me up. I just got it a few days ago also, but haven't started it yet. :D

Nice! Hopefully, if this shipping estimate is correct, Madden 10 should be arriving either Monday or Tuesday next week. I'll let you know when it gets here and we can team up so I can get the one co-op achievement I need to get 100%, and also get you all of the co-op achievements you need as well.

I OU a Beatn
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Just got back from GS and their "Buy 2 Get 1" sale on used games. Picked up Red Dead, Dead Space 2, and Bad Company 2 along with a 4000MSP card for the upcoming Summer of Arcade promotion, so I'm officially all set. I plan to finish off NCAA '11 within the next few days so I can return that by the time the 7 day return period is up, and then I'll probably pick up Madden '11 to get that one over with.

Then I think I'll go for 100% on Red Dead. Never did beat it and I've always wanted to. That should easily keep me busy til NCAA '12.

AustinWolv
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Smooth, sounds good. I'm *usually* on most nights after 9pm for at least a couple hours, so whenever is cool. :)

I OU a Beatn
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Ha, just got Program Changer for '11 while simulating for something else entirely. This is the same thing that took me 2 or 3 days on PS3 legitimately trying to get it.

oweb26
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Just got back from GS and their "Buy 2 Get 1" sale on used games. Picked up Red Dead, Dead Space 2, and Bad Company 2 along with a 4000MSP card for the upcoming Summer of Arcade promotion, so I'm officially all set. I plan to finish off NCAA '11 within the next few days so I can return that by the time the 7 day return period is up, and then I'll probably pick up Madden '11 to get that one over with.

Then I think I'll go for 100% on Red Dead. Never did beat it and I've always wanted to. That should easily keep me busy til NCAA '12.

If you got Bad Company for the 360 IOU we should play sometime. I'm on just about everyday. oweb2 is my GT

I OU a Beatn
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I'll probably be on BC2 a lot after this weekend, so definitely send me an invite if you see me on.

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
So Beatn what exactly happened with your 360 and what is the status?

I OU a Beatn
06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
It's working but it's acting weird. It's having random little 2 or 3 second freezes every 20 minutes or so. I don't know what's wrong with it. I tried to turn it on earlier and it wouldn't power on again. After about 10 minutes, it came on, so I have no idea.

Got the 1000G for NCAA '11. No words can describe how much I despise playing Road to Glory and playing anything against the CPU. Thankfully I didn't have to play the last two games of my 2nd season due to having enough points by winning the Heisman, otherwise I might have smashed it.

morsdraconis
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, I should have a fully functioning 360 once again in the next few days (thank god for the internet). I have a decently sized backlog of easy games that I might whore the hell out of now (if I feel like it).

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I didn't realize that if I got a game out of Redbox at 5:00pm that I would have all the way until 9:00pm the next day for only $2 to play it....:up: wonder when the clock starts to where you don't have to bring it back til 9:00pm? So say I get something Friday at 9:10pm, would I not have to return it until 9:00pm Sunday for a "1-day rental"?

I OU a Beatn
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
That's a good question, I'm not sure. That would be perfect for easy games, though.

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
It's perfect that there is a Redbox less than five minutes from my apartment.

morsdraconis
06-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Sucks that the website doesn't specify if the Redboxes around here actually are participating in the game thing or not. Just says that there are the normal ones around here, but nothing about whether or not they are doing the games thing too. Guess I'll have to do some investigating to see if they actually are sooner or later.

gschwendt
06-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Sucks that the website doesn't specify if the Redboxes around here actually are participating in the game thing or not. Just says that there are the normal ones around here, but nothing about whether or not they are doing the games thing too. Guess I'll have to do some investigating to see if they actually are sooner or later.
You should be able to search your local redboxes for games. Just type in your zip code, select your location, then at the top click the Games button.

I OU a Beatn
06-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Beat the main campaign for Red Dead Redemption. Can't say I'm a fan of the ending.

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Beat the main campaign for Red Dead Redemption. Can't say I'm a fan of the ending.

It's okay....would have liked to have done more as the son.

I OU a Beatn
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
There's missions for the son? I thought the campaign was over after John died.

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 03:05 PM
There's missions for the son? I thought the campaign was over after John died.

:D considering the game has been out for a while I figured I wasn't spoiling anything ... plus I figured you were that far.

I OU a Beatn
06-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, good point. I got as far as the son looking at his father and mother buried, but I assumed that was it. Is there missions after that point? I just hope I can still roam and do the side missions, if I have to play through that all again I'm going to kill myself. That last part of the game to where he's reunited with his family up until the point he dies is so damn long and tedious. It just kept dragging on and on for me.

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
There isn't too much to do with the son, just a couple of things. But you can still continue to roam and do side stuff as the son IIRC.

gschwendt
06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
There is one set of missions that you can't do as the son, there are like 3-4 "missions" that are just conversations with a stranger. You do have to be John to complete those, though I don't believe they count towards 100%.

I OU a Beatn
06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Sweet, good to know. I have a BUNCH of stuff to do to get achievements. Level 50 in multiplayer = :(.

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Sweet, good to know. I have a BUNCH of stuff to do to get achievements. Level 50 in multiplayer = :(.

Yeah good luck on that...is there anyone even playing that online? :D

I OU a Beatn
06-18-2011, 03:28 PM
It's the 13th most played game on Live, so I'm sure there's enough. I played GTA IV online last year before RDR came out and there was a ton of people playing online, although I have no idea why. I was never big on multiplayer games by Rockstar.

JBHuskers
06-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I was never big on multiplayer games by Rockstar.

Me either...kinda boring IMO.

Solidice
06-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I never really looked at my gamerscore that much, but I apparently have 7 games at 100% looking at my TrueAchievement.com profile.

oweb26
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
it's okay....would have liked to have done more as the son.

epic fail jb. Lmao.

I OU a Beatn
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
RIP 360. I turned it on this morning and it came on for about 30 seconds before it died and wouldn't boot back up. Gave it several hours and still no dice. I just took it to GS and traded it in and just like I figured, it wasn't tested. Put the $125 towards the Gears 3 console and paid the rest off myself. Looks like I'm out of commission 'til September. I'll still keep this updated for you guys, though.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Sorry to hear that man. :(

AustinWolv
06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Well, at least you got the credit money out of it. Sucks otherwise.

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Smooth, sounds good. I'm *usually* on most nights after 9pm for at least a couple hours, so whenever is cool. :)

Austin, Madden 10 arrived yesterday afternoon, so I'm good to go for these co-op achievements whenever you want to knock them out. Just let me know.

AustinWolv
06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Smooth, cool, after 9pmCST tonight and likely Thursday should be good to go. Let me know if you need another time, although earlier during weeknights is tough due to putting kids to bed and stuff.

morsdraconis
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Finally got my 360 back operational again yesterday (and just arrived from my mini-vacation today) so I'm ready to roll now! Don't expect me to do much whoring of games, but I'm definitely gonna be around quite a bit playing stuff.

AustinWolv
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Whored through a number of games in the past several days.....Lost, Backyard Football, Fight Night 3....

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 03:45 PM
I have a ton of XBLA games that I need to go through an whore...plus I have a nice stockpile of points for any new games that come out. But for disc games, I still have these that I want to eventually get to and whore Orange Box & Oblivion in the near future.

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, damn. Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of a 4GB Kinect 360 bundle, and considering I still have my 250GB hard drive, that would be one hell of a deal. I might have to force myself to pass on the Gears console. It's kind of hard to justify spending $400 on a console when you can get one for virtually $200 cheaper just because the $400 one has a nice little paint job. Decisions, decisions...

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Well, damn. Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of a 4GB Kinect 360 bundle, and considering I still have my 250GB hard drive, that would be one hell of a deal. I might have to force myself to pass on the Gears console. It's kind of hard to justify spending $400 on a console when you can get one for virtually $200 cheaper just because the $400 one has a nice little paint job. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, there's been some sweet looking consoles over the years that made me stop and think "hmmmm". Though yeah, $400 for a console with just a little paint job on it, for me at least, definitely the better call going for the 4GB bundle since you already have the 250GB hard drive.

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I can't help but get over that I would feel the same way when I buy collector's editions. It's cool to look at, but I really can't justify spending that much extra. I'll probably get the Gears console, though, just because I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. I ALMOST bought this a few years ago when I had the opportunity, but couldn't quite get myself to do it.

http://cdn.mos.techradar.com//classifications/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/images/simpsons-xbox-360-728-75.png

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
No way in hell would I get a 360 with Homer on it :D but the Gears one does look badass.

oweb26
06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
To keep rebuying a system just because it has some logo or whatever on it, I will never understand, or even a "special" edition. I know you are having 360 issues right now IOU, but why were you even considering it before your went out seems like a awefully big waste of money to me.

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I normally don't. I'm a sucker for anything Gears related, though. There's been a lot of collector's editions that I've passed on, but also a lot that I've purchased. It truly depends on what's in them and whether or not I think it's worth it. I'll occasionally just pick it up if I think it's going to be rare causing it to be something collectible, but not often.

morsdraconis
06-25-2011, 09:31 PM
God why did I start playing fuckin' Black Ops again? Am I really that fuckin' retarded? (sigh)

I OU a Beatn
06-26-2011, 12:06 AM
I just recently started playing it on PS3 and I've actually been having a good bit of fun with it, even the online. I've also reignited my love with Zombies.

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey Austin, let me know if/when you want to knock out those Madden 10 co-op achievements.

AustinWolv
06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah man, tonight and Thurs night I should be on, so just drop me a line if I'm playing something.

Not sure what nights on the weekend yet, but will likely be on.

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah man, tonight and Thurs night I should be on, so just drop me a line if I'm playing something.

Not sure what nights on the weekend yet, but will likely be on.

Sounds good man. I'll definitely be on tonight. Got the Assassin's Creed itch again for the first time in a couple weeks, so I'm probably going to be messing around in multiplayer in AC Brotherhood a lot tonight.

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
I think I earned 60 points since the last update :D been playing a lot more PS3, only thing I have really played for points is Bulletstorm.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
:D @ me starting World at War again on 360 this time. There must be something inside of me that likes getting irritated to the point that I consider smashing a controller.

AustinWolv
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
:D @ me starting World at War again on 360 this time. There must be something inside of me that likes getting irritated to the point that I consider smashing a controller.

I won't lie, I like playing through CoD games in SP. But I hate the design philosophy of never-ending respawns until you hit a magic trigger point on the map. Just some kiddie run 'n' gun stuff right there, but of course I prefer a bit more realism, so FWIW.
And I don't play the MP except for private games with some friends, as I suck online because 1) I don't care enough about MP to actually play it enough to get better and 2) I could care less about ranking up or leaderboards or listening to Timmies yap away about stupid shit.

On a sidenote, I knocked out a kid game on 360 for another 1000 (Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs......this one is actually kinda enjoyable and interesting visuals) and working on another one that I'll hopefully wrap up tonight (Up, which is pretty boring). And Madden10 if Smooth and I can get online. :)

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Playing single player or multi? If it's multi, you are insane. You can't even get into a public match anymore without there being at least 2 or 3 people in there with infections, flying around the map, going through walls, and being invincible.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll have to do a few games of co-op, but I think that's all related to multiplayer. I'm playing through on Veteran and while I did get the platinum on PS3, it remains one of the hardest things I've ever done gaming wise. Veteran on WaW is just nuts.

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I need to eventually try and force myself to play WaW on Veteran to get the achievements for it. It'll be a while though. In the meantime, I put AC Brotherhood in for the first time in around a month, messed around a little bit in single player, but eventually jumped over to multi. Haven't touched multiplayer since the first week I owned the game, forgot how fun multiplayer actually is in this game, especially playing Manhunt, with a little 4 on 4 action going on.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
I think it's lame. I hate how you can't defend yourself when someone attacks you. I played one game and refuse to play it again. Fortunately for me, my girlfriend absolutely loves it and is only a few levels away from 50 and a few bonuses away from having all the online achievements. :D

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I think it's lame. I hate how you can't defend yourself when someone attacks you. I played one game and refuse to play it again. Fortunately for me, my girlfriend absolutely loves it and is only a few levels away from 50 and a few bonuses away from having all the online achievements. :D

I will agree with you there. I can't count how many times I got killed when I saw start to make his move and I could have defended it. But, I've gotten good enough that I am able to see them coming before they even get close to me, so I'm ready to stun them before they can even start to make their move on me.

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Case in point, I just stunned three pursuers all within 10 seconds of each other. :D

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2011, 07:39 PM
What the hell? Is this the same game? I've yet to die more than once on a level so far on Veteran and I'm through 3 levels already. I just went through the entire last section of the 3rd mission without dying, which is to compare, the same mission it took me two days and over 100 deaths to finally beat on PS3. :D

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2011, 03:47 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for July 2011!

1 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/AustinWolv.png | 55352(+9825) | 22(+10)
2 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/Smooth+Pancakes.png | 25365(+1085) | 11(+2)
3 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/I+OU+a+Beatn.png | 19350(+1815) | 5(+1)
4 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/oweb2.png | 17663(+610) | 0(-)
5 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/morsdraconis.png | 14470(+305) | 0(-)
6 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/JBHuskers.png | 8280(+55) | 1(-)

Whore of the Month

Obviously it's going to be AustinWolv. And no, that's not a typo. According to TA.com, he gained 10 fully completed RETAIL games this past month. Obviously this leaderboard really inspired him since he went out and nearly doubled his 100% count. :D

Summary

As I said, Austin had the most with a near 10,000 GS increase and 10 100%. I followed that with an increase of 1815 and one 100%, while Smooth rounded out the top 3 with an increase of 1085 and 2 100%.

JBHuskers
07-01-2011, 04:26 PM
WTF Austin had more points this month than my 2.5 years on XBL :D :D :D

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, this is going to be Austin's victory each month. I rarely buy or rent games just to whore them for achievements. Instead, I whore out my games that I buy throughout the year, that I own and regularly play for achievements.

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2011, 06:59 PM

:D:D:D

I originally compared his stats from last month and I was like "wait a minute, that can't be right," but I double checked then triple checked, and then finally decided it had to be right. That's insane. That's on track for over 100,000GS in one year if he kept that pace, which is right around what that Stallion83 dude does.

AustinWolv
07-01-2011, 11:52 PM
:)

I was bored, as there hasn't been many games out lately worth sticking to........I'm not into MP CoD, I've played my share of Gears of War series so I'm waiting on 3, sold off NCAA '11 a few weeks ago as there were too many things broke to play it up until '12 release plus I didn't want to burn out on NCAA football before the release, lol. Played through Medal of Honor a couple times already. I didn't think that many other good games really came out, and I'm waiting on the 5 blockbusters I got preordered for the fall to hit (and of course NCAA '12).

Thus, figured I'd whore for a bit and get all the quick games out of the way for some cheap achievements. Got a stack of about 20 more, but the pace will likely slow quite a bit now.

On a sidenote, I have a list of 82 games that I want to play through.........that is going to take a long-ass time, lol. :)

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Your stack is nothing compared to mine. I'd gamble to say I have around 40 360 games I haven't even touched. Case in point - Jericho. Bought it on release and it's still in it's wrapper. :D

The stupid thing is I'll probably never beat more than 10 or so of them. I picked up Madden '11 today and have gotten all but 4 of the achievements, which I'm just going to do some day when I have someone with a 2nd controller to help me. I'm halfway through the Madden Moments, and then I should be able to knock out the rest on Sunday hopefully.

AustinWolv
07-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I couldn't do that, man. I buy games cheap on Ebay and then sell them off as soon as I'm done with them. A friend of mine keeps all the games he likes in his collection under the premise that he might play them again someday..........hell, if I really like a game, I might play through it twice and it is gone when the new version comes out, i.e. sold Bioshock and picked up Bioshock2, sold GoW as GoW2 was coming out, etc. Just can't see paying $60 for a game to sit in a wrapper.
At most I'll have 4-8 key games that I really like and keep playing that will stay around, but all the rest get played and sold.

AustinWolv
07-02-2011, 12:09 AM

Yeah, but you are pretty much a PS3 guy, right?

360 users are definitely minority around this site. :D

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I couldn't do that, man. I buy games cheap on Ebay and then sell them off as soon as I'm done with them. A friend of mine keeps all the games he likes in his collection under the premise that he might play them again someday..........hell, if I really like a game, I might play through it twice and it is gone when the new version comes out, i.e. sold Bioshock and picked up Bioshock2, sold GoW as GoW2 was coming out, etc. Just can't see paying $60 for a game to sit in a wrapper.
At most I'll have 4-8 key games that I really like and keep playing that will stay around, but all the rest get played and sold.

Most of the games that I have in the wrapper are games I got great deals on(and bought specifically because it was a good deal) and then never got around to playing it. Once I do beat them fully, I do usually eBay them or trade them in at GS when they have their 50% extra trade in going on. I will, however, keep games I really like. I have all the Gears games, I have all the Halo games, I've had Red Dead since release, I have all the Assassin's Creed games, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead, Fable II and III, etc..

I keep the really good ones simply because I do occasionally go back and play them. Sports games are ones where once I get the 100%, they go bye bye. I'm keeping NCAA '11 because Tebow is on the cover, but if he wasn't, it would've been sold as well. I still have Madden '12 but rest assured that it will be gone once NCAA '12 drops.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Most of the games that I have in the wrapper are games I got great deals on(and bought specifically because it was a good deal) and then never got around to playing it. Once I do beat them fully, I do usually eBay them or trade them in at GS when they have their 50% extra trade in going on.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, but I have more PS3 games in wrappers than 360 at the moment. I need to start Alan Wake sometime. I bought a download code off eBay for like $8 (the codes came with new systems so they were in large supply I guess?) ...

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Jesus, dude...Alan Wake is amazing if you're a fan of psychological horror. It's the one game this generation that has actually scared me. There's 5 chapters and I played one per night. By the 5th night, I was borderline having trouble sleeping. :D

One of my favorites without a doubt. Speaking of which, I need to go back through and 100% that, too.

JBHuskers
07-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Yeah, but you are pretty much a PS3 guy, right?

360 users are definitely minority around this site. :D

Yep ... the split is probably 80/20? Maybe a little less?

AustinWolv
07-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Agreed, Alan Wake was a cool game. Didn't freak me out as much as FEAR though.....creepy little kids, man......

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 03:42 PM
20,000! It's only fitting the achievement to get me over 20,000 was completing Super Bowl Sunday on the Madden Moments.

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2011, 08:09 PM
20,000! It's only fitting the achievement to get me over 20,000 was completing Super Bowl Sunday on the Madden Moments.

Congrats! Definitely fitting that it was the achievement to put you over 20,000. How many tries did it take you?

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Just 1. I have a sure fire method for breaking the CPU's playcalling. They go to take a knee, so come out in FG block. They'll audible to a pass, so just go cover 3 and wait for the throw.

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Just 1. I have a sure fire method for breaking the CPU's playcalling. They go to take a knee, so come out in FG block. They'll audible to a pass, so just go cover 3 and wait for the throw.

:D That was exactly what I did too when I managed to beat it. Had about 47 seconds left on the clock after scoring and the kickoff, called my two time outs instantly after their plays ended to keep as much time preserved as possible, then called FG Block on third down, forced Brees to rush the pass, resulting it in falling incomplete and stopping the clock for the punt. Then simply passing down the field with 30+ seconds left for a touchdown.

Unfortunately, it took me 10+ tries to figure out I could do that. :fp: I kept trying to score as quickly as possible, and get time outs called as quickly as possible so they would be forced to punt as the play clock would expire before the game clock on fourth down. Except then that meant I had to run the punt return back for a touchdown or else.

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I did pretty much the same. I scored the TD and went for 2 but didn't get it. I kicked off and they ran twice with me calling a timeout each time. I came out in FG Block and they audibled. He threw an out route that I user picked and returned for the TD. Converted the 2 point conversion so we went to OT. They went 3 and out, I took two plays to get to the 25 and then kicked the FG.

There's a way to get an onside kick every time, which is how I did it on PS3. Oh well, it would take forever to be lucky enough to get it legitimately.

I OU a Beatn
07-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Trenched is an A+. Easily one of the top 5 XBLA games I've played, just fantastic.

morsdraconis
07-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'm going to end up buying it to co-op with a friend after playing it at his house. Looks fun as hell.

oweb26
07-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Trenched is an A+. Easily one of the top 5 XBLA games I've played, just fantastic.

I am playing it as we speak, pretty fun game.

AustinWolv
07-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Interesting, I pulled the trial down but haven't tried it yet.

I OU a Beatn
07-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Alright, just have to pull off a Triple Escape and then I'll have "Abstergo Employee of the Month." After about two weeks of trying(and by trying I mean sitting here on my PC keeping track of the bonuses as my girlfriend plays :D) she was finally able to get Extreme Variety. I know I never would've been able to do it, so huge kudos to her. She even got "Role Model" today, which is getting all the co-op bonuses in one session, so that's pretty impressive in itself.

Other than that, I just have to get to level 50(currently at 47) and then that'll be all the online achievements as far as I know. Anyone have a good way to get a triple escape? I was thinking of getting into Man Hunt and being the hunted while just running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm open to suggestions.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
So I've been getting back into AC Brotherhood multiplayer since you made this post I OU. If you get a good group of people in the matches, I find it a lot of fun, the whole pursue/pursued chase with an even group. However, it's the people that use the cheap abilities. Two groups I kept running into, one last night, the other a little bit ago, using either Templar Vision, or using Hidden Gun. A bunch of pussy abilities that people have to use because they suck without it.

I OU a Beatn
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm finding triple escape to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I've had 3 guys chasing ONE time since I last posted, and of course one of the little douches used the hidden gun.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm finding triple escape to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I've had 3 guys chasing ONE time since I last posted, and of course one of the little douches used the hidden gun.

Yeah, hidden gun and Templar Vision both piss me off the most. Using the hidden gun does nothing but tell and show me that you suck ass too much to be able to get up close to me and kill me face to face like a man. And using Templar Vision tells and shows me that you suck too much or are too much of a pussy to get up close and try and choose between two or three people who look the same, debating on which one you think is the real person. Hidden Gun/Templar Vision is the AC Brotherhood version of the Call of Duty noobtubes.

I OU a Beatn
07-07-2011, 05:56 PM
TOUCHDOWN, IOU! Abstergo Employee of the Month is mine. Got it on Manhunt. It was actually a quad escape. I was running around for about 20 seconds with two guys on me when I ran by the other two and they immediately gave chance. I threw down a smoke, activated my enhanced sprint, ran through a gate, jumped in the hay, and watched the achievement pop up. :D

AustinWolv
07-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Feels damn good to finally get one of those hard-ass achievements, doesn't it?

Although it pisses me off sometimes that it is more luck than actual user.

AustinWolv
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Finished up the 1000G for NFL Tour last night. That was a bit of a grind as it got boring, but there are a lot of games to play through to complete the tour mode. Not hard though, just tedious. The last achievement (Escape, where you have to do two QB tackle reversals, then pass to a receiver and do two more tackle reversals) was kind of a pain until I switched to using the Chargers and Tomlinson as the RB to break tackles. Got it on the first play try with the Chargers, after trying numerous whole games using the Patriots.

A couple nights ago I finished King Kong too. Easy, easy game.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I have my first NCAA 12 achievement in the bag. :) My FB broke for a 21 yard run while I'm currently playing my Army vs. Navy coach mode game to unlock the Happy 20th EA Sports! achievement. Only 38 more to go!

AustinWolv
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey Smooth, are you around any of the next three nights? Still need to knock out the Madden10 online stuff and get that just over with.
Let me know, as I plan on being online the next 3 nights after 9pmCST, but I am supposed to play an OD game on Thursday night I think. So let me know if there is a time that works for you.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey Smooth, are you around any of the next three nights? Still need to knock out the Madden10 online stuff and get that just over with.
Let me know, as I plan on being online the next 3 nights after 9pmCST, but I am supposed to play an OD game on Thursday night I think. So let me know if there is a time that works for you.

Yeah, I'll be on at least one of those nights after 9pm CST, if not all of them, most likely in NCAA 12. Just hit me up on here or on Live, and let me know when you're ready to knock those out and I'll put in Madden 10.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
So I've started whoring the achievements for NCAA '12, simply because unless this upcoming patch is simply amazing, I don't see myself playing it past Madden. There's one where you have to score a TD offensively and defensively on RTG in the same game. That's funny, EA, that's funny. It's pure luck.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I have been horribly lacking on achievements this month. I've only gained 205 gamerscore since the last update. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm close to 2,000 this month, I believe. Somehow.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I've played nothing but NCAA since that released, besides an hour or so of Tiger Woods 12 for the TGA this past Tuesday night. Before that, I was just completing some random in game stuff, as well as advancing the storyline, in AC: Brotherhood, played one or two games of baseball in MLB 2K10, or dicking around with friends in Combat Training in COD: Black Ops. I really haven't done anything in regards to actually trying to get various achievements. Of the 205 gamerscore I've gotten this month, it's been all from NCAA, nothing else from any other games.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I love the new changes they made to Road To Glory where you can't change your play until you get high trust with your coach. I love sitting through watching my offense forced into calling a power formation off tackle play when I'm down by 10 with 90 seconds left. Words can not describe how much I want to crack this disc right now.

JBHuskers
07-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm close to 2,000 this month, I believe. Somehow.

I have like 200 :D

I OU a Beatn
08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for August 2011!

1 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/AustinWolv.png | 59812(+4460) | 28(+6)
2 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/Smooth+Pancakes.png | 25590(+225) | 11(-)
3 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/I+OU+a+Beatn.png | 21950(+2600) | 6(+1)
4 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/oweb2.png | 17978(+315) | 0(-)
5 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/morsdraconis.png | 15640(+1170) | 0(-)
6 | http://www.lusogamer.com/live/red/gamercard_glass/JBHuskers.png | 8585(+305) | 1(-)

Whore of the Month

For the second consecutive month, AustinWolv gets the honors with a nice performance of a 4,000+ score gain and an additional 6 100% titles.

Summary

Austin had the most gain with nearly 4,500GS and 6 completed games, followed by myself with a gain of over 2,500GS and one completed game, while mors rounds out he top 3 with a 1,000+GS gain.

JBHuskers
08-04-2011, 10:41 PM
+305 is quite a feat for me. That's because I've been addicted to Oblivion lately.

bdoughty
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I need help. Someone delete Trails HD off my hard drive before it drives me insane. I have zero games with 100% completion because that is how I roll. Yet for some reason I keep playing Trials HD over and over and over. I must have 100% completion and gold or platinum on all tracks.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Not surprised I came in last. I pretty much just dicked around in Black Ops and MW2 (briefly) with a couple of my personal friends, played AC Brotherhood, etc, before NCAA 12 came out, then NCAA 12 has been pretty much the only thing I've played besides Tiger Woods here and there for the TGA tournaments. I didn't do a single bit of achievement whoring last month. :(

I OU a Beatn
08-04-2011, 11:07 PM
http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

morsdraconis
08-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Wow, 1,150 for me. I'm incredibly surprised. I barely even really played anything too...

AustinWolv
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
NCAA 12 has been pretty much the only thing I've played
This is exactly what has happened for me since NCAA's release. If there was a chart, my whoring time went to virtually zero from release date to now.........a straight drop.....I actually need to burn through some more whoring games so I can get them out of the house since there are a lot of good releases in the next 6 months.....plus football season will start so I'll spend more time watching games than currently.

I OU a Beatn
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Thank God I'm almost done with the achievements for NCAA '12. Road to Glory is so horrible that I would rather pull my teeth than play it.

I OU a Beatn
08-06-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYsY-Q33w

:D

JBHuskers
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
That is the whore of all whores!

AustinWolv
08-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I have never seen that little controller stand/holder thing he showed there. That is an insane amount of games.

I OU a Beatn
08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
1000G on NCAA '12. Finally.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I've only got 14 achievements for 240G so far. I've been so busy focusing on and playing my dynasty, I've hardly whored the achievements. Last year, I had NCAA 11 1ked in 6 days.

morsdraconis
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm going through and trying to whore out the rest of Borderlands if anyone is interested in joining me. I only have to get the Claptrap Backpack one and kill 15 enemies with Mordecai and I'm done with the original game, but I haven't done any of the ones for the DLC stuff.

I'm level 23 with Lilith so not super high level or anything and it's really simple to boost someone up several levels at a time if someone wants to start over to catch up with me.

SmoothPancakes
08-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd be more than willing to jump on and help you, if I owned the game. Unfortunately it's one of those games that have been on my radar for a while, but I've just never gotten around to buying.

I OU a Beatn
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I'd be more than willing to jump on and help you, if I owned the game. Unfortunately it's one of those games that have been on my radar for a while, but I've just never gotten around to buying.

Same here. I've had it in my hands numerous times but I just can't convince myself to buy it simply because I know I would never finish it.

morsdraconis
08-16-2011, 03:22 PM
It's well worth it. The game is really damn fun if you have someone to play through it with. I've already beaten it once, but I, stupidly, deleted my save back before the DLCs came out and then I never got around to going through and getting to a high enough level to do them again until now.

AustinWolv
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
All Pro Football 2k8 is pissing me off. It didn't unlock two achievements although i completed them.

And for all the love that 2K games get for presentation and all that, the forced cutscenes and stuff are annoying. At least let me A button through them.

I OU a Beatn
11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
The Gaming Tailgate Presents:
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for November 2011!

Rank
Gamercard
Gamerscore
100% Games

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/AustinWolv.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/Smooth+Pancakes.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/I+OU+a+Beatn.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/oweb2.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/morsdraconis.png

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_nxe_compact/JBHuskers.png

As I said with the Trophy Whore rankings, I'll starting updating the increase in each month next month. There's no point in adding 3 or 4 months. I think it's safe to say Austin won anyway. :D

AustinWolv
11-05-2011, 10:48 PM
I still haven't gotten my cookies in the mail, WTF?

:)

Played a crappy game through that actually had an interesting story possibility, but unfortunately had crappy graphics and pretty much worse AI and gameplay: Darkest of Days
Easy 1000 though. ;)

I OU a Beatn
11-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm truly glad Epic thinks they're funny. Having beat the campaign on Insane solo, I figured I'd finally be done with it. I absolutely love the game but the last boss fight on Insane is just laughably too hard. However, I was looking at the medals I needed to get for Seriously 3.0 and one of them was beat on chapters on Arcade on Insane. So I got 3 other players together and we played through it. We breezed through it right up until that fucking boss battle.

If anyone beats the campaign on solo, I invite you to try it on Arcade. It's about 10 times harder. After about 3 hours, though, we finally killed the bitch, so unless I overlooked something, I've gotten all the achievements/medals for beating the game on Insane. Thank God.

Now I need to blow through the BF3 campaign before Tuesday.

AustinWolv
11-06-2011, 08:04 AM
I finished BF3 campaign quickly, it is pretty short. I have one achievement left in the SP campaign.

We started playing through GoW3 Arcade co-op, and yeah, that shit was pretty damn hard. We have a long way to go though.

IMO, the last boss on GoW3 is the weakest part of the series, it seemed like a cop-out old-school boss battle instead of something innovative.

morsdraconis
11-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Good god that sounds so boring...

I OU a Beatn
11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
The RAAM battle on Gears 1 was by far the best. I was underwhelmed by the final boss in Gears 3, though. Making something incredibly hard doesn't automatically make it any good.

AustinWolv
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
The RAAM battle on Gears 1 was by far the best. I was underwhelmed by the final boss in Gears 3, though. Making something incredibly hard doesn't automatically make it any good.
Yep, agreed. RAAM was better. Ending of Gears of War 2 was easy, but fit ok because it was more story-driven IMO. Final boss of Gears 3.......just a tedious repetition-fest like old Nintendo games or something.

I OU a Beatn
11-20-2011, 11:22 AM
I beat MW3 on Veteran yesterday, so now all I have to do is find the pointless intel items and I'll be done with the campaign. While there was still some parts that were just lame, by and large, it was really easy compared to some of the previous games in the series like COD4 and World at War.

In other news, Gears of War 3 is going to be the game to raise the limit cap from 1750G per game up to 2000G. They're introducing 4 packs total worth 250G a piece, so I guess that will be the norm from now on.

I also need to suck it up and finish off the Madden achievements. I only need to play 14 more Ultimate Team games and then I'll be done, but good Lord is it boring.

AustinWolv
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
OU, are you going to keep MW3 for MP or sell it?

Haven't been able to play anything for about the past week.....except for a few minutes of GoW3.....great game.

I OU a Beatn
11-20-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm going to keep it for awhile. I usually play the multiplayer fairly regularly until at least January, especially this one since I have Elite and I'm interested to see the kind of maps they plan on developing for DLC. I do recommend it, though, as I thought it was the best Call of Duty campaign yet. If you've played COD4 and MW2, it finishes off the story really nicely.

AustinWolv
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I'll pick it up eventually. I like playing through the SP campaigns on pretty much all the COD. MW2 storyline was ghey though.

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for December 2011!

Rank
Gamercard
Gamerscore
100% Games

65072 (+45)
30 (-)

27510(+930)
9(-)

26250(+1765)
7(-)

20548(+885)
0(-)

17185(-)
0(-)

9455(+165)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

Smooth Pancakes! During the month, he gained an overall improvement of 930 in the gamerscore department.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I outscored Austin? :o

AustinWolv
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I was out of town a couple times plus had company visiting for a few days. :)
I got almost 2.5 weeks of vacation coming up, so finally more gaming time.....hopefully.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Hopefully soon I'll get to 10k.

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey Smooth, you have Halo CE Anniversary, right? If so, you interested in doing a co-op run through on Legendary? I didn't even know that was one of the achievements, but it doesn't have matchmaking so it looks like the only way is to team up with someone on your friend's list.

I OU a Beatn
01-01-2012, 01:04 AM
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for January 2012!

Rank
Gamercard
Gamerscore
100% Games

66462 (+1390)
30 (-)

28075(+1825)
9(+2)

27960(+450)
9(-)

20723(+175)
0(-)

17185(-)
0(-)

9530(+75)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

Austin! Having gained an increase of 1390GS increase during the month, he'll be the reigning Whore heading into 2012.

:D @ JB's avatar sweater.

JBHuskers
01-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Hell yeah :D I bought that baby last year :)

AustinWolv
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Man, I didn't get to play as many games as I wanted over vacation. Kids not in daycare, mom visiting, errands/projects.........where the fuck did my vacation go?!!!!

Played through a couple games though......Raven Squad is horrible as a FPS, but kind of amusing as a RTS. Jericho is a somewhat tolerable shooter, but some BS parts, so I quit that game before finishing it -> putting in the hours on it was going to be more frustrating than rewarding. Too bad, as I was on the very last bit of the game.

I OU a Beatn
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I was going to ask you about Jericho. I've been looking at it for a VERY long time but could never get myself to get it with all the newer titles coming out. It received really mixed reviews, too.

AustinWolv
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I remember when it first was coming out, I was excited about the premise and the different powers that the characters had. REALLY GLAD I didn't buy it at full price back then. The game is worth bargain bin price and to just burn through.

JBHuskers
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I need to get some single player games played in Gears 1-3 among others so I can finally cross 10K :D

I OU a Beatn
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
The game that already had arguably the hardest achievement list just got that much harder:

Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)

Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)

Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)

Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)

Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)

"I've Done it All" is going to be a HUGE pain in the ass.

AustinWolv
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah, GoW series is tough. You pretty much have to dedicate yourself to that game like a marriage.

I OU a Beatn
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I finally put aside 2 or 3 hours yesterday and finished off the achievements for Dead Space Ignition, then immediately deleted it off my hard drive. That is easily top 5 when it comes to shittiest games ever made. I can't believe the people who made Dead Space 1 & 2 worked on this trash. Thank God it was free.

I OU a Beatn
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for February 2012!

Rank
Gamercard
Gamerscore
100% Games

68997 (+2535)
32 (+2)

30330(+2255)
11(+2)

28185(+225)
9(-)

20943(+220)
0(-)

17185(-)
0(-)

9775(+245)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

Austin! Again! He completed 2 games during January and added over 2,500 to the GS.

JBHuskers
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Almost to 10K :D

AustinWolv
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to 1000 the current game I'm playing through. Finish out when I can and move on, since I have like 25 games waiting their turn. (JB, don't you have like 50+ on the shelf?)

JBHuskers
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to 1000 the current game I'm playing through. Finish out when I can and move on, since I have like 25 games waiting their turn. (JB, don't you have like 50+ on the shelf?)

Yeah, but most are PS3.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
The Achievement Whore Leaderboard for April 2012!

Rank
Gamercard
Gamerscore
100% Games

71552 (+2555)
33 (+1)

31380(+1050)
11(-)

28835(+650)
9(-)

21318(+375)
0(-)

17185(-)
0(-)

9850(+75)
0(-)

Whore of the Month

Austin! Had almost the exact same gamerscore increase as the last update...I believe he was only 20 off. Also, he's murdering us all.

JBHuskers
04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah outside of NCAA 12, I've not turned on the 360 much lately.

AustinWolv
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Damn, didn't even feel like I played as much as I wanted to. :(