PDA

View Full Version : Anything new coming to Road to Glory?

Cody
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Is there going to be anything new?

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, but it probably won't be announced until E3 and all that (which is very soon mind you).

illwill10
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
"Road to Glory Mode

XP you earn during your college career is spent on item packs in the Upgrade Store. These packs are built around groups of attributes for specific types of players. For example, the scat back pack boosts your acceleration and juke ability

There are 600 item packs total, and they’ll be six different ones available each week. Rarity, cost, and duration vary, but they will all be based around your position

Upgrade Store items cannot be bought via micro-transactions

Of course, there could be other micro-transactions we have just not heard about yet for RTG, but for the time being, this type of design decision flies in the face of previous EA Sports efforts where you could buy your way to being the best if you did not want to spend the time to build up your character on your own.

Lastly, as promised, here is the full list of Road to Glory details that were originally in the Game Informer story:

This year's [Road to Glory] mode is designed by former Auburn running back Alex Howell. He says his aim is to "create as much of my high school and college experience that I could through Road to Glory."

High School

Explores your high school years more in depth, so you'll play a full senior season and gain recruiting points that are based on your stats.

After each game you'll pick three local schools of varying prestige that are interested in you

Your recruiting board shows which schools you've picked and how far you are to earning a scholarship for each one. You can walk on to any school, but if you have a scholarship, you'll be able to transfer your recruiting points into XP for college

You'll play and be recruited on both sides of the ball

You can edit your HS senior season from seven to eleven games, and can import online browser-built Team Builder teams as your opponents. This lets you recreate your real-life high school team's schedule if you want

College

Coach's Trust

You work your way up the depth chart by earning Coach's Trust Points, and even when you have enough points to catch the player who's higher than you on the chart, you can then only take that position by winning a Position Battle – which is a glorified practice session

Non-starters will earn Trust Points through practices and occasions when you see the field during mop-up time, etc.

Coach Trust Points extend to your on-the-field power. QBs won't be able to call audibles or hot routes until they have earned the coach's trust

Earn enough points and you can have the chance to call plays from "Extra Plays" – an extended selection of plays than what the coach has already called. This is available in varying frequency during a game the more Trust Points you earn

The development team is also working on improving the AI play calling

XP and the Upgrade Store

XP you earn during your college career is spent on item packs in the Upgrade Store. These packs are built around groups of attributes for specific types of players. For example, the scat back pack boosts your acceleration and juke ability

There are 600 item packs total, and they'll be six different ones available each week. Rarity, cost, and duration vary, but they will all be based around your position

Upgrade Store items cannot be bought via micro-transactions

Misc.

Calendar system scrapped, and the Road to Glory presentation is similar to the Dynasty Mode's menus

The mode's menus, replays, montages, etc. will be centered around your player

Practices are now 25 reps per practice

Can save all your Road to Glory replays onto your NCAA browser page

No more study sessions on your calendar "
The source is GI, but the RTG info was taken down because the embargo is in June. I saved it before it got deleted
More info on E3 or June 13.

NaptownMVP
06-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Explores your high school years more in depth, so you'll play a full senior season and gain recruiting points that are based on your stats.

Ugh. I want to play as a college player, not a high school player. Using Team Builder teams for opponents (and I guess our own school?) does soften the blow a little.

souljahbill
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Ugh. I want to play as a college player, not a high school player. Using Team Builder teams for opponents (and I guess our own school?) does soften the blow a little.

Sim the high school season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illwill10
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I actually am excited for the High School season, It will make RTG longer. It adds depth and realism. I didnt like becoming a 5 star only after 3-4 games. I doing a 10 game season. Hopefully there is the ability customize quarter lengths

NaptownMVP
06-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Sim the high school season.

Yeah, but you know you never get good results when you sim stuff in these games.

Daywalker86
06-02-2011, 07:23 AM
I have to admit recreating my entire high school schedule for RTG via teambuilder is kind of a cool thing to me.
I like what they are trying to do with the mode, excited to see more from E3

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 07:30 AM
I have to admit recreating my entire high school schedule for RTG via teambuilder is kind of a cool thing to me.
I like what they are trying to do with the mode, excited to see more from E3

Yeah, they're actually making it a worthwhile mode now.

You get to chose which teams you're interested in, you have to work towards a scholarship with those teams (or else be forced to walk-on), unlike previous games where you just had to make it to a 5 star recruit in a 4 or 5 (however many it was) game state playoff and you could pick any team in the entire nation to play and pretty much instantly start at. You have to work your way up the depth chart, have position battles, earn your coach's trust to expand on play calling, etc.

I'm loving this. I may actually play RTG this year as something more than just trying to get the achievements for it.

JBHuskers
06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah E3 is the plan for the full RTG unveil.

Daywalker86
06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yea I'm actually looking forward to it....the added RPG'ish elements are a draw for me too.

Cody
06-02-2011, 10:45 PM
RTG is usually what lasts me until rosters, so I can't wait to see what they unveil.

ram29jackson
06-03-2011, 03:26 AM
The high school games wont be hard anyway, your player will shine as always

Daywalker86
06-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Still a cool feature to have the full season working towards a scholly...better than just having random schools show up during the playoffs.

Cody
06-03-2011, 09:16 AM
The high school games wont be hard anyway, your player will shine as always

That is one thing I have always disliked about these modes. Your player will always do great. I think in some of the past games your a started right away, well you should have to work your way up the DC during the spring, and work to avoid a redshirt that freshman year. I think it would make the mode a lot more realistic.

illwill10
06-03-2011, 09:30 AM
That is one thing I have always disliked about these modes. Your player will always do great. I think in some of the past games your a started right away, well you should have to work your way up the DC during the spring, and work to avoid a redshirt that freshman year. I think it would make the mode a lot more realistic.

I think the HS season can be tough if you assign tough TB teams. So instead of generic teams balanced teams, you can have all powerhouse TB teams in your schedule. I will have a 10 game season with probably 4-6 powerhouse teams 1 cupcake to start off with(for stats) and the rest good teams.
I am excited for The HS season. Hopefully Custom quarter lengths. It will make RTG longer. I could do a season or 2 in a few hours. Now it could take a while to finish

DariusLock
06-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm glad they are doing a realistic season, it's not realistic to just play the playoffs and be considered a 4-5 star guy. I wanna play a season and break all the State Records and earn my 5 star rating the whole season.

illwill10
06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm glad they are doing a realistic season, it's not realistic to just play the playoffs and be considered a 4-5 star guy. I wanna play a season and break all the State Records and earn my 5 star rating the whole season.
That is what I like about it.

umhester04
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Are they going to put a new teambuilder website up or are we supposed to use the one we have now to create the highschool teams?

illwill10
06-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Are they going to put a new teambuilder website up or are we supposed to use the one we have now to create the highschool teams?

I think the New TB site will be up between next week and week of the 13th. I think it will come out when around the time of Demo

illwill10
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
the 25 practice reps sees a bit much. I guess I have to see how Coach Trust works. I am hoping they have skill points.