PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Facebook games like Farmville?

psuexv
06-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I honestly never really saw the point of these and I actually don't even have a facebook account. But just saw this and it may get me to sign up. I love Civilization and Risk. Also have contemplated that ESPN - Be the Dean game.

If you never understood the appeal of Facebook games like "FarmVille" or "Mafia Wars," social game maker Zynga is launching a new combat game aimed squarely at you.

"Empires & Allies" is Zynga's first strategy combat game that the company describes as a "CityVille Meets Risk." The combat element departs from Zynga's bread and butter games like FarmVille and Mafia Wars, which are mostly played by women aged 25 to 44, a Zynga executive said recently.

In Empires & Allies, evil enemy forces have invaded a thriving, multi-island world. Your mission is to build army units, recruit or invade friends (prepare for a bombardment of Facebook status updates), and derive clues from allies and villains. Fund your armies by collecting rent on huts and cottages, and choose your battleground: air, land, or sea.

Empires & Allies debuts on Wednesday in 12 languages: Malay, Korean, and Norwegian (for the first time), English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, Turkish and traditional Chinese.

Zynga's timing seems rather poignant to us. The San Francisco-based company is rumored to be filing for an IPO this week at the latest, according to a report from All Things D.

It's certainly had a busy year in its effort to become the "Google of online entertainment" as CEO Mark Pincus told the New York Times last year.

According to Gamasutra, Zynga has more than doubled its workforce to 1,500 through at least 12 game studios or talent acquisitions around the world: Beijing's XPD, Austin's Challenge Games, San Francisco's FooBrew, Tokyo's Unoh Games, Boston's Conduit Labs and Floodgate Entertainment, Frankfurt's Dextrose AG, Dallas' Bonfire Studios, McKinney's (Texas) Newtoy Inc., Redwood City's Flock, New York City's Area/Code, and team members from Dallas' MarketZero. The company boasts 250 million active users a month.

Check out the trailer to Empires & Allies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CHmpdEqYE&feature=player_embedded

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
:smh:

Farmville is the BIGGEST money hole on the internet. Please do yourself a favor and NEVER spend money on that game.

souljahbill
06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I was a religious Mafia Wars and Cityville player. I've weened myself off of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Only game I play/did play was Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, due to it's tie-in with AC: Brotherhood.

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I'll readily admit that I had a bit of a problem with goallineblitz. I had spent probably $1000+ on that "game" once I finally got out of it. Sitting here now, I'm unable to fathom having spent that much money on a "game" like GLB, but I did and I never will again. It was quite addicting though.

psuexv
06-01-2011, 03:17 PM
No shit, I didn't even realize you had to pay to play.

JBHuskers
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I quit playing Facebook games. I took a long break then started Monopoly Millionaires and College Town, but after a couple weeks, I got tired of them.

ram29jackson
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
No shit, I didn't even realize you had to pay to play.

you dont "have to "..some people are just ...its time killer crap is all...that promo above is funny because while trying to attract men ,they still make the game look colorful and cute to attract women

I have farmville and cafeworld but havent touched for a month and never spent a cent on. Why would you? there is absolutely no return or profit from doing so.... i have a couple hundred trees hahaha

cdj
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Only game I play/did play was Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, due to it's tie-in with AC: Brotherhood.

Does/did it unlock game content?

I played quite a bit of Madden Superstars, but that's the only FB game I've played more than 15 minutes of. (Never spent a dime on it and pretty much quit playing one day and never went back.) Gave PGA Tour Golf and MLB Superstars a try, but didn't stick with either. I've never tried any of the -ville games. Some people said the ESPN Collegetown game was pretty fun, but never tried it.

NatureBoy
06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
:smh:

Farmville is the BIGGEST money hole on the internet. Please do yourself a favor and NEVER spend money on that game. You can say that again. I can't even begin to count the 10 and 25 dollar Farmville cards I have bought for my Wife over the past year.

I have never been interested in any of the games people play on Facebook.

psusnoop
06-02-2011, 06:53 AM
You can say that again. I can't even begin to count the 10 and 25 dollar Farmville cards I have bought for my Wife over the past year.

I have never been interested in any of the games people play on Facebook.

Right there with ya!