PDA

View Full Version : Online Franchise Improvements

Daywalker86
06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
How likely do you think we are to see something similar to Dynasty Wire for Madden?

All of the improvements to Franchise, and I'm wondering if we will see something at E3 for the online franchise experience...

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
How likely do you think we are to see something similar to Dynasty Wire for Madden?

All of the improvements to Franchise, and I'm wondering if we will see something at E3 for the online franchise experience...

I don't think any online news is coming out at E3 for Madden. The development team and PR guys on Twitter have consistently stated that July 25th is the day that online-related questions will be answered, as per the Feature Playbook laid out at the title site here: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/feature-playbook

Maybe some online stuff will be discussed or potentially leaked next week; it would seem that the big reveal isn't for another month and a half, however.

CLW
06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't think any online news is coming out at E3 for Madden. The development team and PR guys on Twitter have consistently stated that July 25th is the day that online-related questions will be answered, as per the Feature Playbook laid out at the title site here: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/feature-playbook

Maybe some online stuff will be discussed or potentially leaked next week; it would seem that the big reveal isn't for another month and a half, however.

To me that's just REALLY odd. They did a HUGE blog on Franchise mode. All I want to know is if 100% of those additions/improvements are also available for use in an Online Franchise.

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
To me that's just REALLY odd. They did a HUGE blog on Franchise mode. All I want to know is if 100% of those additions/improvements are also available for use in an Online Franchise.

I have no personal inside information about what will or won't make Online Franchise for Madden NFL 12. So far EA SPORTS has done a really good job this year in terms of sticking to their schedule of information release and preventing things from leaking out about Madden until they're ready to address them.

My gut feeling--not based on anything I've heard or been told--is that there will probably be some things that will be in Franchise but not in Online Franchise this year. There are a ton of changes and improvements coming to Franchise this year, possibly more in one development cycle than there have been since Franchise was added to the game in the first place. To expect that Online Franchise will receive 100% of those changes is very optimistic, and probably unrealistic.

I know that people tend to conflate Franchise/Online Franchise together the same way that Dynasty/Online Dynasty get conflated. The general opinion is that it shouldn't be so hard to have all of the same features in both Franchise and Online Franchise. When you consider some of the additions to offline in Madden NFL 12, however, I think it will take time to figure out how to best implement them in the online realm.

Maybe my gut feeling is completely wrong; maybe that Feature Playbook #6 will drop on July 25th and Online Franchise fans will get everything they want and then some.

I just don't think anyone will know for sure until then; and I'm hoping that what is in that Playbook is solid stuff, because it will probably be the last major information we get from the title site before the demo is released.

Daywalker86
06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I guess we will have to wait and see....I'm just trying to decide whether its going to be worth running an OF this year. I don't want to waste the time is it's buggy and poorly implemented. It would make more sense if they are trying to do it right to leave an extra development cycle for it....but who knows what they are going to get out of the few extra weeks since the push back on the release date.

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I guess we will have to wait and see....

It's all we can do; I wish I knew anything one way or another, but even as somebody who's been to studio for NCAA Football 12 I know next to nothing about what is left to be revealed for Madden NFL 12.

It would make more sense if they are trying to do it right to leave an extra development cycle for it....but who knows what they are going to get out of the few extra weeks since the push back on the release date.

I tend to follow this line of thinking as well; I would rather get a really well-done offline Franchise mode this year and allow extra time for Online Franchise to get any hiccups worked out. We'll just have to wait and see.