PDA

View Full Version : How are you getting NCAA Football 11?

cdj
06-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Just wanted to get a feel on how most members attain the game.

steelerfan
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll do what I always do.

About a week before release I'll start trying to find somewhere locally that has unknowingly broken the street date to obtain an early copy. If that fails (it has the last 3 years after a long run of success), I'll go to Gamestop Monday night and pre-order and then come back at midnight and pick it up.

Kwizzy
06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I'll try to find a way to get it early & if that fails I'll pick it up at Walmart on my way to work on release day.

Flav
06-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Mom and Pop shop hopefully a week before it comes out.

cdj
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Pre-ordered it with free overnight at EB Games, but the pre-order bonus isn't the same caliber as last year's TeamBuilder slots:

Reserve NCAA Football 11 and receive a one-time use code to download the GameStop Boost Pack: 5-Star Recruit Bundle. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Flav
06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Reserve NCAA Football 11 and receive a one-time use code to download the GameStop Boost Pack: 5-Star Recruit Bundle. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Trying to get an advantage any way you can, huh cdj?

cdj
06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Trying to get an advantage any way you can, huh cdj?

:) I don't even know what it does exactly! I probably won't even use it, maybe give it away to someone here.

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I have it reserved at Amazon. If I can't find it early, I'll just let that order go through.

Solidice
06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
probably either Wal-mart or gamestop on release day.

Rudy
06-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I lied. I voted already pre-ordered even though I haven't. But I will most likely pre-order the game soon and that option matches what I'll do best. I just want to see what pre-order deals are out there. I will definitely pick it up at a store and not online since I don't want it late. You guys have more options in the States than I do in Canada. The pre-order deal through EA was a great one a couple months ago but I don't think it was even available to Canadians. It might have been but I know shipping is a lot more to here since they don't have a Canadian outlet.

The odds of me getting it early are slim and none. Plus NCAA football just isn't that popular over here so it's usually a good idea to pre-order since EB Games usually stocks a set number of games based on pre-orders which means they won't get a lot.

jaymo76
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I lied. I voted already pre-ordered even though I haven't. But I will most likely pre-order the game soon and that option matches what I'll do best. I just want to see what pre-order deals are out there. I will definitely pick it up at a store and not online since I don't want it late. You guys have more options in the States than I do in Canada. The pre-order deal through EA was a great one a couple months ago but I don't think it was even available to Canadians. It might have been but I know shipping is a lot more to here since they don't have a Canadian outlet.

The odds of me getting it early are slim and none. Plus NCAA football just isn't that popular over here so it's usually a good idea to pre-order since EB Games usually stocks a set number of games based on pre-orders which means they won't get a lot.

Best Buy and Future Shop usually have a ton of copies on the left coast anyways...

Deuce
06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Pre-ordered at Gamestop probably 2 months ago.

skipwondah33
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I think I may hold off on getting this, I get hyped every year then let down. Don't think I'll have time to play in any OD's this year so it may be no use to even buy it, since offline dynasty is so unplayable against the CPU AI

Hopefully I'm wrong though and I will buy it on release day. It all hinges on the demo

Coachdenz
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
i hit the wrong button, that's what I get for playing a game and trying to read the board, I will pick mine up the day of release

JeffHCross
06-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Pre-ordered from EA store, but free shipping will probably set me back a while in terms of actually getting my hands on a copy.

gschwendt
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
If I'm unable to find it early, I'll just pre-order the game a couple of days before and then pick it up at midnight. I used to just rely on Wal-Mart at midnight but a couple of years ago they didn't get their shipment in in-time.

xRomo9
06-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Getting it at midnight at WalMart . last year they had both games at my store a week before they dropped that is the only time I think I ever wanted to steal cause they would not sell it to me early . lol.

beartide06
06-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I pre-ordered it a while back. I will try and get it early though, as I might have found a place lol.

iBrandon
06-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I have it preordered, but I hope to get it early. If not, I'm sure I'll do the midnight release and take Tuesday off.

Kingpin32
06-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll probably just get it sometime on release day, hopefully I get paid around that time and have some spare money around.

Iron Dragon
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Will be ordering online.

Thelaw
06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Have had mine pre-ordered since February.

joshuahuskers
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Probably pick it up at Wal-Mart after work on release day. In the past, I've always gotten it at midnight, but now that I work a real job and stuff, life isn't as fun. haha. Oh to be young again (and I'm only 21!)....

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah for me the midnight release just isn't as interesting any more. I don't feel like burning a day off of work the next day. Guess that's me getting into my 30's :D

JeffHCross
06-24-2010, 12:30 AM
The only thing ever interesting about midnight release was seeing Eddie George at one. Of course, I reacted too slowly and didn't get to show him that I was carrying the 1995 Media Guide at the time, lol.