PDA

View Full Version : ETA for NCAA Football 12 Demo? - UPDATE: June 28

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Has EA alluded to when the demo will drop? I know it always falls around E3, but have they released any tidbits as to when or is it all conjecture at this point?

oweb26
06-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Its normally about a month before the game releases, I would expect around June 14th.

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I thought that might be the day too, I was crossing my fingers that they'd drop it during E3? Do they have a scheduled day for EA Sports to have a conference or anything? If they do and it's like Thursday, I'd definitely put the demo after that.

gschwendt
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I thought that might be the day too, I was crossing my fingers that they'd drop it during E3? Do they have a scheduled day for EA Sports to have a conference or anything? If they do and it's like Thursday, I'd definitely put the demo after that.I believe they said during their livestream that it wouldn't be around E3 because if no other reason than E3 is a week earlier this year than the past couple of years. Right now though the latest official word we've heard is that they are/were waiting on Sony & MS to approve the demo. Like oweb though, I would expect it around the 14th so that it hits about a month prior to release.

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 08:38 AM
The 14th feels like ages from now haha.

I wonder if any of the community day guys could comment on how close they think the demo will play to the final product, or if they think there will still be a bit of tweaking to do. From reading on all their playtime, it seemed like the game was already playing pretty solid back then, so I'd hope the demo is a fairly good representation of the game.

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 08:39 AM
At this time we know that the demo has at least been sent to Microsoft for approval; unsure of the status of the PS3 demo with the PSN outage. We might learn more next week from E3.

Key point to remember is that E3 is a week earlier this year than it was last year as well. May or may not affect the final demo release, but it also makes it difficult to predict the release based on last year's timetable.

As a PS3 owner, I'm just hoping there isn't a significant delay between the consoles for the demo. Hopefully the demo will be out roughly a month before retail as has been mentioned here too, but if that's the case we'll have to hear news about it pretty soon now.

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I wonder if any of the community day guys could comment on how close they think the demo will play to the final product, or if they think there will still be a bit of tweaking to do. From reading on all their playtime, it seemed like the game was already playing pretty solid back then, so I'd hope the demo is a fairly good representation of the game.

We were playing builds-in-progress that were updated daily; none of us got any time with the demo code. We won't be able to comment on how the demo is compared to what we played until the demo is released and we play for the first time ourselves.

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Ok cool, thanks for the info

Daywalker86
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Middle of this month is probably a great guess, makes sense...I know I'm hotly anticipating it though.

iBrandon
06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Hopefully we get the demo soon. Has there been any news on what teams and how long quarters will be?

Cody
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I would say 3-5 minute quarters with the teams of Stanford vs Oklahoma, just a guess.

cdj
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
The 14th feels like ages from now haha.

IIRC, in the past they have posted blogs detailing improvements made between the demo and retail and hopefully they do so again this year.

Hopefully we get the demo soon. Has there been any news on what teams and how long quarters will be?

All we can confirm are two different match-ups and the demo will unlock five Nike Pro-Combats in the retail version. Hopefully we hear more soon.

Kingpin32
06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
If it's like last year, then the demo would most likely be teams that showcase different playstyles and also who have pro combat uniforms.

oweb26
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
honestly nothing that they have announced outside of the grass (lol) and zone coverage will be able to be viewed in the demo. Unless I am forgetting a feature I am not expecting too much from the demo I would just like to play it.

NaptownMVP
06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Don't forget dynamic pylon physics!

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
honestly nothing that they have announced outside of the grass (lol) and zone coverage will be able to be viewed in the demo. Unless I am forgetting a feature I am not expecting too much from the demo I would just like to play it.

You'll get to have a pretty good taste of the improved tackling system as well as a sense of how blocking and all of that works with the suction mostly removed.

oweb26
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Don't forget dynamic pylon physics!

:D Oh yeah how could I forget about that!!! :fp:

You'll get to have a pretty good taste of the improved tackling system as well as a sense of how blocking and all of that works with the suction mostly removed.

I honestly did forget about the suction blocking, but unless they give me an exotic offense (i.e. Spread, pistol) where you saw the suction happening alot then I still wont see to much.

Paakaa10
06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Without knowing for sure what teams will be included in the demo or how long we'll be able to play--basic stuff like that--it's hard to get too specific about what we can expect to see that'll be new in the demo. That said, if you consult the list of features and improvements on the site here, we can probably expect to see the following in the demo no matter who the teams are:

Enhanced Tackle and Collision System
Improved Zone Defenses
Double-Hit Tackles
Dive Catches (which can be User-Controlled with :360x: on 360, :ps3sq: on PS3)
Wrap Tackling (:360x: on 360, :ps3sq: on PS3)
Higher Resolution Crowds
More Player Gear
Dreadlocks
3D Grass and Particles
Pylon Physics

Is it a "sexy" feature list? Depends on what you're looking for out of the demo, I guess. From a pure gameplay perspective--based on my time with the game so far this year--you'll probably get enough from the demo to psych you up for NCAA Football 12's full release and make it real difficult to go back to 11.

Treadstone6700
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
I can wait until the 14th, the 21st is pushing it.

After a solid NCAA 11 binge after National Signing day I am having a hard time picking it up again after all the new NCAA 12 features have hit. I can't wait to practice using the dive/tackle buttons in the demo.

jaymo76
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
My worst fear... the demo drops for 360 BUT the PS3 store is still down!!!!!!

JeffHCross
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Do they have a scheduled day for EA Sports to have a conference or anything?The last couple years, the EA press conference at E3 has been very limited in terms of EA Sports news. But the EA press conference is scheduled for Monday, June 6 at 3:30 PM Eastern. It will be broadcast on Spike.

I wonder if any of the community day guys could comment on how close they think the demo will play to the final product, or if they think there will still be a bit of tweaking to do.As others have said, we didn't get any time with the demo specifically. That said, I think I read somewhere that the demo's code was branched off from the main development at some point before the May trip. So I think there will be some things in the demo that were already tweaked before the retail code was finalized. Have to wait until we get a chance to play it for sure.

Colossal28
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Madden was definitely on the list of discussion items for EA, but I didn't see anything about NCAA.

ram29jackson
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I wont bother with the demo, just get the game when it comes

Colossal28
06-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I wont bother with the demo, just get the game when it comes

Why not? The demo is at least something to do in the long wait.

Deuce
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Why not? The demo is at least something to do in the long wait.

I'm kinda with Ram on this. I will dl the demo and play a few games but I like to wait and 'learn' to play the game while I'm in my first dynasty. To me, it just makes it that much more challenging.

Colossal28
06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm kinda with Ram on this. I will dl the demo and play a few games but I like to wait and 'learn' to play the game while I'm in my first dynasty. To me, it just makes it that much more challenging.

That's interesting to me, I always want to play the demo to try and have a handle for the style when I jump into that first OD game on day 1, to each his own I guess

kindella2
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Demo=appetizer
Full Retail=main course
OD=Dessert

Fully named Rosters and coaches for OD = Someone you know not eating dinner at your table picking up the tab.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm playing the demo to get a feel for the new defense, and to get the pro combats. I at least want the free ones in the demo as I have no idea where my coaching career will take me in coaching carousel. I may very well end up at a school that uses the pro combats and will want to use them at least once or twice a season while I'm at that school.

Deuce
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
That's interesting to me, I always want to play the demo to try and have a handle for the style when I jump into that first OD game on day 1, to each his own I guess

Yep...if I was going to join and OD right off the bat it would be totally different. I play offline only. My only reasoning is to extend my fun with the retail version.

boknows34
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Is it a "sexy" feature list? Depends on what you're looking for out of the demo, I guess. From a pure gameplay perspective--based on my time with the game so far this year--you'll probably get enough from the demo to psych you up for NCAA Football 12's full release and make it real difficult to go back to 11.

After EA totally ruined recruiting in 11, I seriously doubt that I'll buy 12. If I wasn't playing a 6 star team, recruiting was near impossible. Jadeveon Clowney, the top ranked recruit, is from South Carolina and is going to South Carolina, Clemson signed 2 top 15 recruits, and Rutgers signed a top 30 recruit. This would have been impossible in 11. There was absolutely no parity in recruiting; it was either you're a 5 or 6 star program and can sign top talent, or you're a 4 or less and fight to sign 2nd and 3rd tier recruits. At least older versions like 09 had parity in recruiting.

Pig Bomb
06-04-2011, 05:00 PM
After EA totally ruined recruiting in 11, I seriously doubt that I'll buy 12. If I wasn't playing a 6 star team, recruiting was near impossible. Jadeveon Clowney, the top ranked recruit, is from South Carolina and is going to South Carolina, Clemson signed 2 top 15 recruits, and Rutgers signed a top 30 recruit. This would have been impossible in 11. There was absolutely no parity in recruiting; it was either you're a 5 or 6 star program and can sign top talent, or you're a 4 or less and fight to sign 2nd and 3rd tier recruits. At least older versions like 09 had parity in recruiting.

For my own comparison purposes I'm interested to know what recruiting difficulty did you play with in 11??

oweb26
06-04-2011, 05:13 PM

I have never understood people saying this, I played with ECU in my OD at one point yeah I didnt sign any top recruits in my first year there, but I pulled in a couple of top recruits at there position the next year. Its actually quite simple just invest a shit ton of time into a top recruit and you will be okay.

Pig Bomb
06-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I have never understood people saying this, I played with ECU in my OD at one point yeah I didnt sign any top recruits in my first year there, but I pulled in a couple of top recruits at there position the next year. Its actually quite simple just invest a shit ton of time into a top recruit and you will be okay.

landing big time recruits can be difficult for lower level crappy teams...but that's how it is in real life... I'm very excited and interested to see how the tweaks they've made to recruiting play out this year!

Paakaa10
06-04-2011, 06:04 PM

Okay. If it's recruiting in the game that will make-or-break it for you, then the demo probably isn't going to sway you either way; it'd be a real ground-breaking decision for EA SPORTS to let you play a full season in Dynasty Mode in the demo.

My statement for the sake of this thread was that you will get enough gameplay experience in the demo--regardless of the teams you can use and how long they let you play--to see the strides made from NCAA Football 11 to NCAA Football 12 on the field. And it's my belief--based upon my time with the game already--that even people who really liked 11 will find it hard to go back to last year's game after playing the demo for 12.

xMrHitStickx904
06-04-2011, 06:27 PM

No offense man, but you probably can't recruit well in all honesty. It was easy to recruit in 11. I did a dynasty for 5 seasons with San Diego State, 4 seasons in, had us a top 15 recruiting class on all-american.

PeteyKirch
06-04-2011, 06:54 PM

To be fair, I was able to nab 4 and 5 star players as Rutgers. You just had to get lucky to have a stud in state. With that slight advantage I was able to sway them from going to PSU/OSU/ND/etc.

baseballplyrmvp
06-04-2011, 08:48 PM
No offense man, but you probably can't recruit well in all honesty. It was easy to recruit in 11. I did a dynasty for 5 seasons with San Diego State, 4 seasons in, had us a top 15 recruiting class on all-american.and recruiting was even easier before 11. i set a personal record on ncaa10, where i landed the #1 ranked frecruiting class with hawaii 18 seasons in a row.

i havent had the #1 ranked class for more than 3 seasons on 11 though.

boknows34
06-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I typically get top 10/5 recruiting classes. If you're getting 5 star players as Rutgers or SDSU, I assume that you're a few years into a dynasty because from my experience, only 6 and maybe a few 5 star programs have the interest of 5 star prospects at beginning of the year. If you're trying to win a 5 star player but you're not in his top 10, winning him becomes very difficult. My point about recruiting was not that I recruit poorly, but that good teams like Stanford don't stand a chance to get even a 4 star player in the 1st year of a dynasty. I did a comparison between 09 and 11. In the preseason of the 09 dynasty, there were 30 5 star players and 6 star programs were on 131 of 300 (30 prospects x 10 slots per prospect) slots which is about 44%; the remaining percentage included 5,4, and 3 star programs. In 11, 6 star programs were on 307 of 360 slots or over 85%; for the top 10 recruits, 6 star programs filled all 10 slots for 7 of the top ten, and the remaining 3 were interested in 9 6 star programs. A 5 star recruit could be from Maine, California, North Dakota, or North Korea, it doesn't matter; odds are, he will be interested in USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, and Alabama. Maybe a 5 star program like Miami, FSU or Nebraska will garner some interest from a 5 star player, but as my comparison showed, it's rare in 11. I point this out not because I'm a bad recruiter, but because it cripples all of the other teams. Even, TCU and Wisconsin don't get very good prospects. The top prospect interested in TCU was the 58th ranked prospect, and #61 for Wisconsin. This isn't the top ranked player that TCU or Wisconsin signed; it's the highest ranked person interested in TCU/Wisconsin at the beginning of the season.

In terms of gameplay, the feature lists seem very impressive

PeteyKirch
06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I typically get top 10/5 recruiting classes. If you're getting 5 star players as Rutgers or SDSU, I assume that you're a few years into a dynasty because from my experience, only 6 and maybe a few 5 star programs have the interest of 5 star prospects at beginning of the year. If you're trying to win a 5 star player but you're not in his top 10, winning him becomes very difficult. My point about recruiting was not that I recruit poorly, but that good teams like Stanford don't stand a chance to get even a 4 star player in the 1st year of a dynasty. I did a comparison between 09 and 11. In the preseason of the 09 dynasty, there were 30 5 star players and 6 star programs were on 131 of 300 (30 prospects x 10 slots per prospect) slots which is about 44%; the remaining percentage included 5,4, and 3 star programs. In 11, 6 star programs were on 307 of 360 slots or over 85%; for the top 10 recruits, 6 star programs filled all 10 slots for 7 of the top ten, and the remaining 3 were interested in 9 6 star programs. A 5 star recruit could be from Maine, California, North Dakota, or North Korea, it doesn't matter; odds are, he will be interested in USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, and Alabama. Maybe a 5 star program like Miami, FSU or Nebraska will garner some interest from a 5 star player, but as my comparison showed, it's rare in 11. I point this out not because I'm a bad recruiter, but because it cripples all of the other teams. Even, TCU and Wisconsin don't get very good prospects. The top prospect interested in TCU was the 58th ranked prospect, and #61 for Wisconsin. This isn't the top ranked player that TCU or Wisconsin signed; it's the highest ranked person interested in TCU/Wisconsin at the beginning of the season.

In terms of gameplay, the feature lists seem very impressive

You can get 5 star recruits with 3* schools if everything breaks for you.

For Rutgers, get a 5 star Prospect in NJ who has Proximity To Home (Most) Academics (Very High), Coach Prestige (High) Early Playing Time (Very High) and you have a good chance at wheeling him in.

boknows34
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You can get 5 star recruits with 3* schools if everything breaks for you.

For Rutgers, get a 5 star Prospect in NJ who has Proximity To Home (Most) Academics (Very High), Coach Prestige (High) Early Playing Time (Very High) and you have a good chance at wheeling him in.

I know that it can be done, but it requires some fortuitous breaks. I just wish that there was more parity so that CPU teams, like TCU and Wisconsin, can pick up some quality recruits and remain competitive.

Colossal28
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't understand people who post, just to tell everyone they plan to not buy the game? What's the point of being here at all?

iBrandon
06-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I didn't have a big problem getting solid recruits to come to Baylor.

I agree, there are things EA could fix with regards to recruiting, but I don't feel at all, as if it was "broken".

Keontez
06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Anyways... back on topic.... Im thinking in the next two weeks the demo will be out.

NaptownMVP
06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere else, but the demo is slated to be released June 28th.