PDA

View Full Version : Week 7, 2016

Oneback
06-01-2011, 07:36 AM
=============== Oklahoma Sooners (3-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 38-10 against UCLA (2-4).
This week, the Sooners will host #14 Texas A&M (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Danny McFadden has committed to Washington
- (****) DT Tommy Gates has committed to Colorado
- (***) LT Eddie Patterson has committed to Colorado
- (***) LOLB Maurice Newsome has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) WR Jose Frazier has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) CB Nigel Calhoun has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) SS John Black has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) MLB Matt Sullivan has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) SS Jeff Henley has committed to Texas

=============== #5 Clemson Tigers (6-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 59-14 against North Carolina (2-3).
This week, the Tigers will host NC State (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Marcus Gibson has committed to Clemson
- (***) DT Kevin Porter has committed to USF
- (*****) WR Ray Harvey has committed to Florida State

=============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (3-2) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 34-20 against Wake Forest (1-4).
This week, the Seminoles will host Virginia (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RG Alex Nelson has committed to Florida State
- (****) LOLB Jacob Fields has committed to Miami
- (****) DT Mark Brooks has committed to USC

=============== #2 Miami Hurricanes (6-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 63-6 against Duke (1-4).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Jacob Fields has committed to Miami
- (****) RG Kevin Bonner has committed to Tennessee
- (****) RT Stephen Stephens has committed to Miami
- (*****) TE Ryan Baker has committed to Miami
- (*****) RG Paris Cameron has committed to Miami
- (*****) DT Joe Mann has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) CB Tavares Powers has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (5-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 55-14 against Illinois (1-3).
This week, the Wolverines will host #1 Florida (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Jason Ross has committed to Alabama
- (****) QB Zach Reid has committed to Navy
- (****) WR Lawrence Burnett has committed to USC
- (****) ROLB Mark Jackson has committed to Alabama

=============== #14 Texas A&M Aggies (3-2) ===============
Last week the Aggies were idle.
This week, the Aggies travel to Norman to face the Oklahoma Sooners (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RG Alex Nelson has committed to Florida State
- (****) CB Tavares Powers has committed to Miami
- (*****) DT Joe Mann has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 76-0 against Purdue (2-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Madison to face the #13 Wisconsin Badgers (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Lee Williams has committed to Stanford
- (*****) DT Damien Wright has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (3-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 69-28 against Texas (6-0).
This week, the Ducks will host Cal (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Danny McFadden has committed to Washington
- (***) RG Parker Hall has committed to Baylor
- (***) TE Joel Marks has committed to Hawai'i
- (****) TE Mike Moore has committed to Washington

=============== #8 USC Trojans (3-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 38-0 against Cal (1-3).
This week, the Trojans will host Texas Tech (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Lee Williams has committed to Stanford
- (****) LG Brian Brooks has committed to Texas
- (****) WR Lawrence Burnett has committed to USC
- (****) DT Mark Brooks has committed to USC

=============== #6 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 25-22 against Oklahoma State (1-4).
This week, the Hokies travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-3).

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (6-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 69-28 against Oregon (3-3).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FB John Manning has committed to Texas
- (****) LG Brian Brooks has committed to Texas

=============== #13 Wisconsin Badgers (2-3) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 40-32 against Ohio State (4-1).
This week, the Badgers will host #7 Penn State (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Chris Raymond has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) CB Joe Williams has committed to Wisconsin
- (*****) DT Damien Wright has committed to Penn State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

psusnoop
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Prime, nice pick up on Ray you SOB hahahaha

G, looking forward to our game tonight should be fun!

fsuprime
06-01-2011, 09:12 AM
lol, kind of doing the coach mode thing this season ;) definitely had to log in to recruit once I was back in the states though to give you all a challenge.

psusnoop
06-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I was hoping you would stay clear for a little longer just to give me an edge on some of those recruits lol.

RcSinger
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Let the backup coach call the shots when you take on Virginia tech this year, lol

fsuprime
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
oh since others already got to play CPU FSU, I have no interest in playing any user games, just messing around vs the CPU with different play books etc...really just want to get NCAA 12 started with everyone, hopefully rosters r ready on release day this year and we can start our OD like 2 days after release day ;)

RcSinger
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I am anxious for the next installment too, but I wand at least 1 if not 2
More seasons on this one so some of my 5* recruits can get in thegame.

RcSinger
06-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Coach RC has stated that true freshman Brent Lester will get some playing time in the upcoming game against UNC. due to the poor Passing performances over the last few weeks by starting senior Matt Larson, this is welcome news to many of the Hokie fans.

JeffHCross
06-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Dragon, I was planning to play against the CPU for our game, but since you said you might be getting a new PS3 this weekend, I'd be willing to wait if you felt strongly about it. Not sure if the other guys will be patient enough ;)

RcSinger
06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
The final score does little to illustrate the progression of the game.
The score was 24 - 6 entering the 4th and the Hokies put up points in each stanza. In the 4th the Tarheels went on a tear putting 20 on the board and retrieving an onsides kick.

The attempt to put in Brent Lester for some passing reps was futile at best. He did account for 100 yards in the air but added no TD's and went 5 of 16.
In a strange twist of fate, starter Larson had no passing calls while on the field, but a quick audible into a pass becomes a record breaking 81 yard Touchdown and earns the Reese's perfect play of the game.

When asked what made him decide to call the audible:
"I seen the safteys cheat down cause they were thinking we were just gonna run it and work on the clock. They had just scored a touchdown and were getting fired up so I decided to audible and it worked. As soon as I seen the corner step forward I knew Sean had him beat deep."

When the Head Coach was asked about the play he had this to say:
"Well you know, we have struggled passing the ball lately and we decided to give Brent a try and he did o.k. but just wasn't ready this week. The atmosphere out there is intense for a freshman. As far as the audible, what can you say? He made a call and it was the right one. He's a great player and we weren't trying to bench him with the Dual QB play, we are just trying to find a chemistry in the passing game like we have had in the past."

The "Struggling" Larson finishes the game 1 of 1 and an 81 yard TD for an efficiency rating of 1110.3.

And on a side note, Covington didn't have an accident on the field as the replay footage may indicate.

:smh: CHUCKLE - CHUCKLE

gschwendt
06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Wisconsin falls in double overtime after betting it all and going for it on 4th & 2 only to have my HB muff a wide open swing pass that would have easily given the first down.

Great game snoop as always... sorry if I yelled too loudly on that play.

psusnoop
06-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Wisconsin falls in double overtime after betting it all and going for it on 4th & 2 only to have my HB muff a wide open swing pass that would have easily given the first down.

Great game snoop as always... sorry if I yelled too loudly on that play.

That was a whale of a game, really enjoyed it.

LOL no worries, I'd much prefer to hear yelling coming over the headset then laughing :P:P

This game was a very good chess match the whole game really. A solid performance on defense up to the 4th and then the fireworks started. I'm still upset at my AA CB Poole, he got abused twice in this game. Lane is a very nice QB for you, I need to work on my read option plays so I can add that to my game. I have just never been very successful at running these plays.

I could tell I'm still a little rusty from not playing as numerous times I found myself reading the defense pre-snap and zoning in on a WR only to throw to a completely covered WR. I think I can recall around 3 plays where I was sure I had thrown a pick.

I wanted to upload that highlight of the pass over your LB'r to my TE as my QB got rocked but I completely forgot to upload it after I viewed it.

Papa LoneStar
06-02-2011, 08:31 AM
The #4 Longhorns slap around the Oregon State Beavers 77-0 on the road. The Longhorns dominated the line of scrimmage with 384 rushing yards while the defense dominated allowing 120 total yards, getting 4 sacks, and 13 TFL. Longhorn RBs Bryson Hopkins (18-187-4) and Jerome Brown (14-164-1) had holes so huge....you could drive a truck through. MLB Chauncey Dukes had 6 tackles (4 TFL), 2 sacks, and an INT-TD while DE Mark Mason had 5 tackles (4 TFL) and 2 sacks for the Longhorn defense. Next week....the #4 Longhorns are off next week and will travel to the Rose Bowl to take on the UCLA Bruins....2:30 pm central on FSN.

JeffHCross
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Dragon, I was planning to play against the CPU for our game, but since you said you might be getting a new PS3 this weekend, I'd be willing to wait if you felt strongly about it. Not sure if the other guys will be patient enough ;)

ID?

Iron Dragon
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
My Playstation is currently sitting in New Jersey, so it'll be here Monday.

Go ahead and play it since I probably won't even be set up by Tuesday.

JeffHCross
06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Texas A&M outscores Oklahoma 51-28 in a track-meet style game that felt closer than the score indicates.

There were only 2 punts in the entire contest, despite Oklahoma going 2/8 on 3rd down. The Sooners did convert 1 4th down attempt, and the remaining 3 drives ended with field goals, including two in the red zone. It was the inability to turn red zone opportunities into touchdowns, coupled with three turnovers, that ultimately provided the gap between the two scores. A&M led 14-3 early after both teams traded interceptions, and a intercepted option pitch was returned for an Aggie touchdown, making the score 21-3. The Sooners would make it 28-12 just before halftime, but that was the closest the game would be.

The Aggies were 12/15 on 3rd down, including three field goals and eight red zone opportunities. Despite only a 70 yard edge in total offense, the Aggies held the ball for twice as long as the Sooners. Matt Stanley rushed 20 times for 103 yards and 2 TDs to lead the Aggie offense.

psuexv
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Not sure who's left, I should have my game in this afternoon

psusnoop
06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking OB, Escobar, and yourself are all that remain I think.

Oneback
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I will be playing my game tonight.

RcSinger
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
As if it weren't bad enough already, apparently Sony has been hit again by hackers. Something about movie services?

JeffHCross
06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah, SonyPictures.com was hacked by a simple SQL Injection. Same problem Sony has had at several others of their websites (namely BMG Music sites) since the PSN attack first put them on the target list. Clearly every hacking group out there is just trying to see what they can pull off at this point.

Though, to be fair, the group that hit SonyPictures the other day was the same one that hacked PBS's webbsite on Monday and said that Tupac was still alive. So clearly they at least know what they're doing.

And, on the other end of the spectrum, clearly Sony (as a company) doesn't know how to protect their websites or customer data.

Oneback
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Michigan makes boots out of the Gators in a 45-24 victory that will likely move the Wolverines into first place in the BCS.

QB Brian Young was the star of the game, throwing for 229 yards and a touchdown on 18 of 21 passing. He also added 132 yards and two touchdowns rushing.

The Wolverine defense was shaky early on and trailed 17-14 going into the half, however four forced turnovers in the second half supplied the fuel to an explosive offense that scored 31 points in the final two frames.

Next week Michigan heads to State College to take on the Nittany Lions in a matchup of top 10 teams.

JeffHCross
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Let's goooooooooooooooooooo