PDA

View Full Version : WWE '12 Thread

cdj
05-31-2011, 11:56 AM
From IGN:

SmackDown vs. Raw is dead, and THQ's fixing the stuff you complain about.

For years WWE SmackDown vs. Raw has been the Sports Entertainment simulation series from THQ and Yuke's Yokohama. It's been a fun ride, but as with any franchise, fans have complained about annual aspects over and over again. Turns out the developers were listening, killed the series, and are planning on fixing things with WWE '12.

The stiff animations, the characters warping into place for certain moves, the confusing right analog stick controls for grapples -- WWE '12 is addressing all of that and feels good so far. That's pretty damn exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVl5yYXoNs

THE NUTS AND BOLTS STUFF

Now, it would be easy to glance at screenshots and assume THQ and developer Yuke's Yokohama just dumped the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw name and called it a day. That's what I did. For a few days leading into my meeting, THQ had been telling me this game was going to be unlike any other WWE game I had seen, but when I finally laid eyes on it, WWE '12 sure did look similar to WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011.

Then, I started to play it. THQ and Yuke's didn't just change the name, they changed the game's DNA. There's a new animation system, new blending methods, something called "Predator Technology" -- basically, they went under the game's hood and ripped out all the old stuff that people hated and plugged in brand new parts to try and make the most fluid wrestling game around.

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations. When you're slammed to the mat at the beginning of a bout, you're going to sell the move and get up at the same time so that the match keeps a fast-paced feel. When you're getting up from any move, you're going to have a window to strike before you're even to your feet. The goal is to have a game that feels like anything can happen from any position and eradicate that stiffness and clunkiness that has always been a calling card of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw.

For me, it all came together watching a three-man match. Orton laid out an opponent and went to the ring apron, Cena immediately started his 5-Knuckle Shuffle routine on the downed man, and as Cena was coming down, Randy Orton launched himself from the apron to land a splash. Orton hit, Cena hit, and Orton hit again. The sequence was polished and fast -- it looked like a spot from ECW of old. There was no blown animation as the character on the ground reacted to the first move and ignored the other.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1171529/tba-wwe-12-20110530112110406-000.jpg

People don't warp to the center of the ring for a 5-Knuckle Shuffle and similar moves anymore; the move happens where it happens. The ropes no longer stay awkwardly still during matches; you slam someone and the ring reacts. The tired fonts and menus of old have been ditched for a new setup. Visually, new shaders and tech have been introduced to make the game look better than ever. There's definition to the character's faces instead of the blur there was last year, and depth of field has been introduced to give the brand new arenas weight and realism.

The game, according to THQ, has been taken apart and put back together, and from the little I've seen, I believe them -- though the changes aren't monumental when you stare at a still image, they shine in motion.

Read the full article here (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html).

NatureBoy
06-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this game. Both SvR 10 and 11 were very, very disappointing to me. Hopefully THQ gets it right this time around.

JBHuskers
06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Looks like they might take a new direction....we will see.

Nothingface
06-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Kinda excited. I played less and less of the series by each installment. I hope its not an ELITE kinda mess.

Nothingface
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I dont know about any of you, but when orton does his little arm stomps, it reminds of the cloverfield monster. lol.

Kingpin32
06-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I hope this is better than last year's game. I always seem to buy the game, play it for a few weeks, then end up selling it.

cdj
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
First Look at Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLQLLDqnbs&feature=player_embedded

Courtesy: PastaPadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/06/01/first-look-at-wwe-12-gameplay)

JeffHCross
06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks to all the jump cuts in the action, there's nothing in that video clip that looks fundamentally different from SvR '11. It looks better, but it's impossible to tell if any of the blending problems have been fixed. The only one that gives me hope is the punt, but that may have just been good placement.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
ESPN Video Games' Jon Robinson interviews Alberto Del Rio during E3 week... (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6648844/alberto-del-rio-talks-wwe-12?readmore=fullstory)

NatureBoy
06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
'WWE 12' Producer Q&A.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0607/vg_wwe_9_576.jpg

It's tough to keep Little Jimmy happy. As a WWE fan/gamer, he's been playing the "WWE Smackdown" series for over a decade now, and even though the game has made some great strides in terms of fan creation and finally delivering on an online Royal Rumble, the engine that was driving the franchise was still too clunky for Little Jimmy to ever really feel like he was a virtual Fruity Pebble version of his hero, John Cena.

But all the Little Jimmy's of the WWE Universe can rise and cheer, as WWE video game publisher THQ has not only rebranded their game "WWE 12," but they've completely gutted the engine in favor of a faster, more responsive, smoother experience that was already noticeable on the E3 show floor.

A perfect example is a cyber match between Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. When Del Rio clobbered Miz and "The Awesome One" fell towards the ropes, his limbs didn't just warp right through the Sisal. Instead, you saw Miz's head and arms bounce off the bottom rope after a rough landing.

"That was something that always took you out of the experience in years past, but our collision system has been greatly improved," explained "WWE 12's" creative director, Cory Ledesma as he demoed the game for me at the E3 video game convention in Los Angeles. "We have actual rope and ring physics now, so the ring bounces, the ropes shake, and now when a character falls, the new animation and collision systems take over and when they hit something, you'll actually see them hit it. Little things like this really help make everything feel so much more alive."

But the new animation system isn't the only improvement Little Jimmy should expect. Here's what else Ledesma had to say as we talked about his new game.

Jon Robinson: The franchise has a new name and a new animation engine. What's the biggest thing gamers should expect to see different this year?

Cory Ledesma:

Obviously, we've rebranded the franchise, and it's not just a fancy new logo and box art, we've actually introduced brand new technology into the franchise. We have a new animation system and new rendering, so visually and gameplay animation-wise, you're going to see some substantial changes. This is really exciting for us. It's been around seven years since the franchise has seen this big of a change. Slowly throughout the years, we've been introducing some new technology, like physics last year, but this is year you're going to see a huge overhaul.. What the designers and I did was we took the game apart and retooled the core systems -- reversals, A.I., downtime, the controls -- all of that has been retooled.

Jon Robinson: What is it about the new animation system that makes such a huge difference?

Cory Ledesma: The whole goal of gameplay is that we want to be as fluid, as smooth, and with as high-quality animation as possible. The knock on the franchise in the past has been that it's clunky, it's a little slow, and not as responsive as gamers wanted. With the new system, it gives us capabilities to do stuff like interrupt an animation. So for the first time, if two characters are involved in a suplex, a third character can come in and breakup that motion. We've never had that capability in the past, but now we allow you to do that. That boosts the multiplayer dynamic quite a bit. Then with our new renderer, we have depth of field working, and we also have higher-res models with more textures so they look more like their real-life counterparts. We actually have animated sweat and blood now, so you see everything drip on the body where before we had a clever swap when you weren't looking kind of deal. Now it actually animates. And in terms of cameras, we now mimic the cameras WWE uses on television. They have like 24 cameras and we set them up exactly like they do for television and capture all of the big spots like you'd see on Raw with the different camera angles.

Jon Robinson: Can you go a little deeper on what we might expect in terms of gameplay improvements?

Cory Ledesma: We dedicated 80-percent of our development budget this year to gameplay. We have a new submission system that acts like a tug of war, we've added wake-up taunts where it stumbles your opponent right into your finisher, and the A.I. has been totally overhauled as well. We've added a new A.I. tool where now the A.I. will remember things that have happened already in the match. This solves the weird problem of past games where the A.I. might pick up a chair, but then immediately drop it. Now the A.I. remembers exactly what he was doing before and what his opponent was doing, so now he'll only pick up the chair if he actually plans to use it. Another area that's been greatly improved is the speed of which a guy like John Cena will get up off the mat after he gets hit with a move. We wanted to speed up the pace of the gameplay, so now both guys get back on their feet and they both get back into the action. But remember, this is a still a simulation, so as the match progresses, the guy will stay down longer as he collects more damage. So the beginning is fast and furious, but more toward the end of the match it takes longer, creating more dramatic moments. We've also added a comeback system so if you do hit critical damage because you've been getting beat up, you have one chance to stage a rally. There's this combo sequence that you can hit, and the first person who hits the button that appears on screen hits the move. This also give you a signature automatically to help with the rally, hopefully setting you up into your wake-up taunt. For a guy like Randy Orton, he drops down and starts doing his pushups and punching the mat, then John Cena gets up and stumbles right into the RKO. But if you're playing as Cena, you still have the chance to reverse it, so we keep everything competitive.

Jon Robinson: The flow seems so much smoother this way. In the past when I wanted to do a finisher, I had to make sure everyone was in the right position to trigger.

Cory Ledesma: Exactly, but now we setup those moments for you. It flows really nice.

Jon Robinson: One of the things I noticed about the game the past few years is it's actually really easy, maybe too easy. Any chance we're going to see the difficulty increased?

Cory Ledesma: It's funny, that's something the hardcore fans have wanted for a while now. People like you know all the tricks of the trade now and it's too easy. So this year, Normal is almost like Legendary difficulty now. Hopefully it's a lot more competitive for our die-hard fans.

Jon Robinson: I see adrenaline is now tracked on the screen. What does that do?

Cory Ledesma: In years past, we let you free run and what happened is everyone used running attacks non-stop. This is something that is a huge pain online. So now we limit how long and how much you can run. We don't do anything where you fall down or anything like that, you simply just can't run anymore. But this doesn't affect the Irish whip as what would happen before is you would setup the Irish whip, then your opponent who is tired would trip. That's not very fun. So we turned adrenaline off for Irish whips.

Another thing we added is limb targeting. Say you want to go after the leg, simply hit the A button. Or if I get you in a lockup and want to target the head, I hit Y. If I want to target the arms, that's X and B. What's cool about this is you can work the same body part to setup submissions. We also have this working so it affects your opponent's attributes. If you keep pounding on his legs, you can limit the amount he runs. Pound on his arms and he won't be as strong. Keep wearing on his head and he'll stay groggier longer. This adds a whole new element of strategy to the gameply. Like I said, our focus this year is gameplay. I know a lot of our fans have been fretting that since we added all this new technology, we must be eliminating modes., but we'll still have all the same match types, we'll still have a huge roster and all of the other create modes are still in here. We didn't make any big cuts or anything like that, but when the hardcore fans finally get the chance to pickup this game, the new animation system and flow really make everything feel like a whole new game and I think they're really going to like what they see.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6664936/wwe-12-producer-qa?readmore=fullstory)

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on this and see the difference.

NatureBoy
07-23-2011, 09:03 AM
WWE '12 Confirmed To Have Realistic Stage Entrances

http://captainstarball.com/sites/captainstarball.com/files/imagecache/node_story/news-images/800px-Wrestlemania_XXVII_Stage.jpg

It has been confirmed by THQ that WWE '12 will have more realistic stage entrance movies as seen in actual WWE programming.

WWE '12 Creative Director confirmed on twitter saying:

"Confirmed: Mini-trons, Side-trons, Curve-trons, banner movies are all in during entrances. Feedback addressed! Thanks!"

If you don't understand what I'm saying here's a fan-made video showcasing the impressive stage effects during Randy Orton's entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArwJ0dj1oo&feature=player_embedded

Previous WWE video games did not have the lighting effects as seen in this video during entrances. The only thing they included was the main titantron screen in the middle and the banner screen down the bottom. WWE '12 will include the entire package making entrances a lot more explosive just like the real thing.

LINK (http://captainstarball.com/news/wwe-12-confirmed-have-realistic-stage-entrances)

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/wwe-12/wwe-12-preorder-thq

Play as The Rock with pre-order of THQ's "WWE '12"

http://www.wwe.com/f/article/image/2011/07/308rockbuckle.jpg

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - Today, THQ announced new details surrounding the company’s pre-order retail incentive programs in the United States and Canada for WWE 12, the forthcoming release from the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise.

Often touted as “the most electrifying man in all of entertainment,” legendary WWE Superstar The Rock will be available as a playable character for consumers who pre-order the game at any participating retailer within the United States or Canada for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft or PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system (while supplies last). The Rock’s in-game character will resemble his current-day appearance, including a shaved head and new tattoos.

In addition, Xbox 360 and PS3 system owners who pre-order the game at GameStop in the United States or EB Games in Canada will receive bonus attire for WWE Superstar The Miz (while supplies last, CLICK HERE to order from GameStop). Hailed as the “must-see WWE Superstar,” consumers will have access to his popular “I’m Awesome” entrance T-shirt, as well as one of his trademark business suits. Consumers interested in WWE ’12 for the Wii system from Nintendo will automatically receive The Rock as a playable character, as well as The Miz’s alternate entrance gear options, as part of their purchase.

JBHuskers
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I can now formally say that I will be taking a look at this game next weekend in LA during Summerslam weekend thanks to the guys at THQ. If there is anything you want me to pass along in regards to feedback of past games, or if there is anything that you want me to take a look at for this event, please let me know!

JeffHCross
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
The major point that killed the immersion factor for me in SvR this year was all the finishing moves that required a specific distance. Like Orton's punt. If you weren't the right distance away, your opponent would magically move across the ring until the distance was right.

Anything they did (or could do) to correct that would be great.

Also, if they're going to have acheivements/trophies like 1,004 finishers/signature moves, a screen in the game (or even in the save file like Infamous did) that tracks your total would be very helpful. I've wondered on more than one occasion if my save got corrupted.

cdj
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
New article from VGChartz - Could WWE '12 Be the Wrestling Game That Fans Want? (http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87505/could-wwe-12-be-the-wrestling-game-that-fans-want/)

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
The major point that killed the immersion factor for me in SvR this year was all the finishing moves that required a specific distance. Like Orton's punt. If you weren't the right distance away, your opponent would magically move across the ring until the distance was right.

Anything they did (or could do) to correct that would be great.

Also, if they're going to have acheivements/trophies like 1,004 finishers/signature moves, a screen in the game (or even in the save file like Infamous did) that tracks your total would be very helpful. I've wondered on more than one occasion if my save got corrupted.

I'll bring that up with the guys. If there is anything else let me know. Thanks to Tapatalk I'll be able to check this thread as I'm leaving early tomorrow morning.

NatureBoy
08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/wwe/wwe12/images/LiveRosterReveal2.jpg

Calling the WWE Games Universe, this Saturday beginning at 1PM PST, LIVE from WWE Summerslam Fan Axxess and our official Justin.tv channel, we will officially unveil the roster of Superstars and Legends in WWE '12, and you can watch it all explode LIVE from wherever you are in the WWE Games Universe!

Hosted by the "AWESOME" WWE Superstar "The Miz" and the legendary Jerry "The King" Lawler, fireworks will explode, shenanigans will ensue, history will be made and what may just be the greatest roster ever in this legendary franchise. And did we mention PRIZES?! Of course, there's always prizes when WWE Games goes live, brother. All you have to do is tune in and participate in the live chat,=.

So grab your popcorn and sit your candy ass down this Saturday beginning at 1PM PST live at http://www.justin.tv/wwegames

There will be prizes, there will be fun, and there will be one helluva roster to unveil for the bigger, badder, and better WWE '12! JOIN US LIVE THIS SATURDAY!

LINK (http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/blog-post/wwe-12-live-roster-reveal-saturday)

cdj
08-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Vote for which wrassler you want to see on the Collector's Edition of the game: John Cena or The Rock (http://www.facebook.com/WWEgames?sk=app_117361208354897)

cdj
08-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Full-length match: CM Punk vs. John Cena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKvbWn4_HFE&feature=player_embedded

Via: Stick Skills (http://stickskills.com/news/1952/new-wwe-12-gameplay-full-length-match/)

JBHuskers
08-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I'll be posting a blog regarding my impressions on the Summerslam build of WWE '12 sometime this week or next. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the game. It's a lot more fun this year, much much better flow to the game, and some great back and forth action. The AI is much better too.

cdj
08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
- New preview from IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1188051p1.html)

- Interview courtesy Stick Skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6ve8NMEXM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

JBHuskers
08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like I made GamePro's website :D

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/36472-221973-4.jpg?rand=E1F6A0B2-BDD9-E9A2-79E6EA4A672841CC

JBHuskers
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
ESPN Video Games: See what the pro wrestlers think about their ratings in WWE '12 (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6889202/wrestlers-debate-their-wwe-12-ratings?readmore=fullstory)

JBHuskers
08-29-2011, 11:44 AM
New video with interviews from those who attended the Community Summit at Summerslam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG82BCLfid4

Nothingface
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Sadly I don't see how i'll play this game with Skyrim being around and all.

NatureBoy
09-12-2011, 11:48 PM
THQ Inc. today announced legendary WWE Superstar The Rock will grace the collector’s edition cover of WWE ‘12, the forthcoming release from the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise. In a competitive battle against WWE Superstar John Cena, his opponent in the main event at WrestleMania XXVIII, live on pay-per-view1st April, 2012 from Sun Life Stadium Miami, Fla., The Rock was selected by consumers who cast their votes in a franchise-first opportunity to choose a cover Superstar for a WWE videogame.

The WWE ’12 Collector’s Edition is currently scheduled to offer the following items: Foil sleeve cover packaging featuring The Rock Copy of WWE ’12 videogame The Rock playable in-game character

WWE Blu-Ray/DVD featuring:

- WWE Championship Match – Booker T vs. The Rock – SummerSlam – 19th August, 2001

- Intercontinental Championship Match – Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam – Raw – 16th September, 2002

- World Heavyweight Championship Match – Triple H vs. Kane – Raw – 23rd June, 2003

- 60-Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship – Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar – SmackDown! – 18th September, 2003

- WWE Championship Match – Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio – SmackDown! -18th March, 2004 Exclusive Foil Topps Trading Card featuring The Rock Art Image of The Rock

WWE ’12 is currently in development for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii, with a scheduled release date of 25th November, 2011 in UK and Europe. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on WWE ’12.

LINK (http://electronictheatre.co.uk/xbox360/xbox360-news/10474/wwe-12-collectors-edition-detailed)

JBHuskers
09-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Thank GOD the Rock won :D some GREAT matches on there, VERY excited to see the Angle/Lesnar Ironman match there.

cdj
09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Here's the full info on the Collector's Edition of the game. (http://store.thq.com/store?SiteID=thq&Locale=en_US&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=57096700&pgm=78442700&ThemeID=1268400&Currency=USD) It will cost $69.99.

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Is that it? Just the DVD and playable character? No really worth an extra $10 for me.

cdj
09-29-2011, 07:52 AM
WWE '12 Achievement List (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/wwe-12/achievements/)

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I can't wait to get this game, i haven't bought a wwe game since 2006, and that game was great.

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 08:11 AM
It's too bad this game comes out after skyrim is released cuz im pretty sure thats wut ill be playing for the majority of november.

NatureBoy
10-10-2011, 10:37 PM
In an interview with TMZ.com, Dana White confirmed he gave permission for Brock Lesnar to be in the WWE 12 video game, which will be officially announced everywhere tomorrow.

White said that, "I love WWE and have nothing but love for Vince McMahon. I'm totally OK with him being in the video game."

JBHuskers
10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Yep as long as it was the wrestler Brock Lesnar and not the MMA one, he was completely fine with it. When I was at the community day, I had to guess who this top secret guy was with one of the guys that knew from E3. Needless to say, I never thought of him.

NatureBoy
10-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I hope they use the wrestler Lesnar as well JB. He was an absolute beast in his short stay in WWE. I remember his first match vs Flair. He beat the poor old Natich to a pulp.

NatureBoy
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1011/vg_brock_1_576.jpg

My favorite thing about WWE video games? The ability to book dream matches. From "Stone Cold" Steve Austin versus CM Punk to Shawn Michaels taking on The Rock to Andre The Giant squaring off against The Big Show, the past few WWE games have given me the ability to play out matches that wrestling fans have drooled over and debated about for years.

"WWE 12" (Nov. 22, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii) is about to take dream matches to another level thanks to the inclusion of former WWE champion and current UFC badass and master of the beatdown, Brock Lesnar.

That's right, the man once dubbed "The Next Big Thing" in the squared-circle is now the next big thing in video games as he will be included in the main roster of "WWE 12," ready to do battle against everyone from John Cena and Alberto Del Rio to Randy Orton and Sheamus right out of the box.

I had the chance to ask Lesnar about his surprise appearance in the game, his WWE career and the chances we'll ever see him in a wrestling ring again. Here's what he had to say:

Jon Robinson: What does it mean to you that you're being brought back to the ring in "WWE 12" as a legend?

Brock Lesnar: What does it mean to me? I think it's an honor to be back. You know, I never had any really true hard feelings for WWE. It just wasn't for me. I think during the time that I spent there, I dominated the show. I was probably one of the true athletes in the company and for them to have me back in the video game, I think there's some mutual respect between the both of us that says, "Job well done" and "You are and were one of the great ones."

Jon Robinson: There are so many guys in the WWE right now that you never had a chance to wrestle. If you could come back and wrestle any guy at Wrestlemania who you've never previously had a match with, who would it be?

Brock Lesnar: Ironically it's probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I worked with everybody and anybody that was anybody there and if I came back, I think the guy that I would come back to fight is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Jon Robinson: There were so many rumors floating around last year about you possibly facing Undertaker at Mania. What would the match have been like?

Brock Lesnar: I was a true wrestler. I was a Division I national champion. I came into the business wanting one thing and one thing only, and that was to be the champion, and I wasn't going to let anybody stand in my way. I think there was one guy that had a problem with that and that was Undertaker. If I were to have gotten in the ring with him I would have ripped his arm off and f------ beat him with it.

Jon Robinson: Do you have any say over your character in "WWE 12?" How do you want him to play?

Brock Lesnar: I don't need a say in my character, my character is a badass, and that's who I am and that's who I'll always be -- the baddest man on the planet, Brock Lesnar. I don't have to have any say in anything. It is what it is. I'm one bad dude.

Jon Robinson: Do you have any regrets about leaving WWE?

Brock Lesnar: I don't have any regrets. If I had any regrets, it would have been that I wish I enjoyed my time there a little bit better. I'm not a very good yes man, and I'm not very easily controlled.

Jon Robinson: Do you ever think you will go back and have one last WWE match?

Brock Lesnar: I think I will. I think under the right circumstances I will. I think if Vince McMahon and I were able to sit down at the same dinner table and break some bread that we could come up with some kind of game plan. At the end of the day, I'm an ultimate fighter. That's who I am and that's who I'll always be. I was an entertainer but at the end of the day, I'm still as real as it gets. I think a lot of things have to fall in the right places for something like that to happen.

Jon Robinson: What was your favorite WWE match that you were a part of? What made it so special?

Brock Lesnar: One match that really sticks out for me, there's a bunch of matches with all the guys that I worked with. For me, when I got in the ring, I approached it as being real, because I was a real character. I didn't have a gimmick name, I didn't have a gimmick finish. I was just thinking about this today, because I knew that I was preparing myself for an interview -- I put a lot of guys out of the ring because I was real. Looking back, I think that's what made me successful in the industry.

But looking back at one match, probably my most favorite match is the match that never happened. And that was the match that I was expecting to have with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I was really looking forward to that match.

Jon Robinson: You had some recent health scares. How are you feeling these days?

Brock Lesnar: My health? This surgery saved my life, it saved my career. I can't believe that I accomplished what I did with this sickness that I had. All I can say is -- look out.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7088494/brock-lesnar-talks-wwe-12-undertaker-possible-return-professional-wrestling?readmore=fullstory)

DariusLock
10-12-2011, 12:11 PM
He is pretty confident.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
IGN: A new Road To Wrestlemania for WWE '12 (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1210005p1.html)

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Some of the WWE Universe 2.0 is detailed here from The Examiner... (http://www.examiner.com/la-classic-game-in-national/wwe-12-fall-preview-part-2)

JBHuskers
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM
PART 1 of "Inside WWE Universe Mode" can be found here: http://bit.ly/sT2jPa

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Good chance I will have this tomorrow. Is there any requests for videos? I'm out of town Friday night til Sunday night, so I'll be limited to just a couple vids to record tomorrow night to post Friday morning/afternoon.

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
The final DLC is revealed....the MACHO MAN is coming to WWE '12 in January!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BasVHzz_Q

Nothingface
11-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Good chance I will have this tomorrow. Is there any requests for videos? I'm out of town Friday night til Sunday night, so I'll be limited to just a couple vids to record tomorrow night to post Friday morning/afternoon.

could u be sin cara? I want to see his 1,000 variations of the head scissors.

Nothingface
11-16-2011, 02:59 PM
The final DLC is revealed....the MACHO MAN is coming to WWE '12 in January!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BasVHzz_Q

STEAMBOAT!! Ok, i havent really been following but now im excited.

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
could u be sin cara? I want to see his 1,000 variations of the head scissors.

Okay who do you want Sin Cara to fight?

(by the way you can edit the entrances....I gave The Big Show Sin Cara's entrance .... HILARIOUS)

Nothingface
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Okay who do you want Sin Cara to fight?

(by the way you can edit the entrances....I gave The Big Show Sin Cara's entrance .... HILARIOUS)

haha. Lets see......Sin Cara vs Ricky Steamboat. Oh u know what........HBK vs Steamboat. Thats my dream match.

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 03:06 PM
haha. Lets see......Sin Cara vs Ricky Steamboat. Oh u know what........HBK vs Steamboat. Thats my dream match.

That'll depend if everyone is unlocked, I'll have to see when I get the game (hopefully) tomorrow.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
It is in the house.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/orton-1.jpg

Nothingface
11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
It is in the house.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/orton-1.jpg

NICE! I really need to know how the gameplay is. Did they really overhaul the game or just change the name. Look fwd to your impressions!

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 01:33 PM
NICE! I really need to know how the gameplay is. Did they really overhaul the game or just change the name. Look fwd to your impressions!

It's definitely overhauled. I played this back at SummerSlam in August. The pacing of the matches is so much better. It just flows more naturally.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Nothingface, if I can't get Steamboat right away, which current roster member would you like Sin Cara to fight?

Nothingface
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Gotta go with Zach Ryder. lol. jk, Evan Bourne would be a good match.

Nothingface
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow. IGN gave the game a 9.0

cdj
11-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow. IGN gave the game a 9.0

Pretty solid review. Here's a direct link (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212844p1.html).

NatureBoy
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Is there a list of the entire roster (including DLC) that's going to be in the game?

JBHuskers
11-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Gotta go with Zach Ryder. lol. jk, Evan Bourne would be a good match.

Uploading to YouTube. Will post in the morning.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
11-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne:

http://youtu.be/bmvnpldZLfM

Nothingface
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne:

http://youtu.be/bmvnpldZLfM

Thanks man! I woulda gambled all my savings that the first move from Sin Cara would be....well......a flying head scissors.

Nothingface
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Hope to get this game as an early xmas gift.

Nothingface
11-18-2011, 08:59 PM
looks like ill be getting this game on the 22nd. I'll be ready to rassle.

Anyone have a CAW they've used throughout the series? "The Luminary" Chris Winters will return.

DariusLock
11-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm jealous of how JB always gets games early lol.

SmoothPancakes
11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Posted this in the game deals thread, but forgot about this thread. Amazon has WWE '12 listed for only $47 right now. With Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, you can save yourself $13 right off the bat.

Nothingface
11-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I have no patience as they always deliver late in my area. it'll be a 10am gamestop visit. heh.

JeffHCross
11-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Posted this in the game deals thread, but forgot about this thread. Amazon has WWE '12 listed for only $47 right now. With Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, you can save yourself $13 right off the bat.As I said in the gaming deals thread (figured I'd post it here too), it carries a $10 pre-order credit, so it's effectively $37. Unfortunately, it doesn't have Release Day shipping, but for people willing to wait for Free Shipping, it's a hell of a deal, basically 40% off on release day.

Nothingface
11-20-2011, 11:02 PM
JB, are u enjoying the game?

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Was out of town this weekend, so I didn't get to dig into it as much as I would have liked. Two more videos are coming up today though, The Miz vs. CM Punk in a Ladder Match and Evan Bourne vs. Daniel Bryan.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 10:30 AM
The CM Punk / Miz ladder match will be up around noon central. It was pretty epic with several finishers and near falls. Clocks in at around 12 minutes long.

The Evan Bourne / Daniel Bryan match will be up later on in the afternoon.

DariusLock
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Give me some John Morrison....don't know why WWE won't push him.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Give me some John Morrison....don't know why WWE won't push him.

Any other videos won't be up til tomorrow, so if you still want it, let me know.

These two I recorded last night and am uploading to YouTube through remote computing.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
CM Punk v. Miz in a ladder match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbI1oX1rwso

texacotea
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Video wont work, also got a list of all the characters in it? and how does this compare to Revenge for the N64? That was by far my favorite rassling game

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 12:47 PM
YouTube blocked where you're at or something?

texacotea
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
YouTube blocked where you're at or something?

yea I think so it wouldnt work on a different video either. Oh well ill watch it at home. What about my other 2 questions

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Never played Revenge, and I think Wikipedia may have the whole roster + DLC.

This is the best gameplay in quite a long time with the changes they made. The matches are less robotic and flow a lot better. CPU can be tough with good reversals too.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Evan Bourne vs. Daniel Bryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sReddAWcm98

bjrod9
11-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Sweet videos bud!

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Sweet videos bud!

Thanks dude!

Nothingface
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hows the Universe mode? Can you push or bury wrestlers? I think The Great Muta needs a comeback and monster push.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Hows the Universe mode? Can you push or bury wrestlers? I think The Great Muta needs a comeback and monster push.

Like I said earlier I was gone all weekend, so I haven't gotten too far into Universe mode yet. I'm going to wait to really kick start it until later in the week. I want to grab a good CAW to push in the game.

JBHuskers
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
The cool thing with Universe mode is you can replace a show with your own. I'm thinking about replacing Superstars with FCW (I already have created an FCW arena) ... then make that a true living minor leagues within the Universe mode.

Nothingface
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow! Most i've been psyched about a wrestling game in a long time.

Nothingface
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
The cool thing with Universe mode is you can replace a show with your own. I'm thinking about replacing Superstars with FCW (I already have created an FCW arena) ... then make that a true living minor leagues within the Universe mode.

I think i'll bring back the USWA and make Jerry Lawler the World Champ. I'm sure that hasn't been done before. lol.

JeffHCross
11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
The cool thing with Universe mode is you can replace a show with your own. I'm thinking about replacing Superstars with FCW (I already have created an FCW arena) ... then make that a true living minor leagues within the Universe mode.This is the part I'm most interested in, so if you could say how good it does/feels, I'd appreciate it. IGN basically said you could replace the WWE totally with WCW if you wanted ... but in past WWE games, that hasn't worked nearly as well as advertised.

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
This is the part I'm most interested in, so if you could say how good it does/feels, I'd appreciate it. IGN basically said you could replace the WWE totally with WCW if you wanted ... but in past WWE games, that hasn't worked nearly as well as advertised.

Yes you can. I know guys that are doing Nitro, Raw, and OVW or FCW, some are throwing Thunder in there. I think I'm going to keep Raw & Smackdown and add in FCW, I always skip Superstars as it is.

I just finished January (the first month) in Universe last night. This mode is going to get a TON of play from me this year. At the Rumble, I controlled Zack Ryder and took the U.S. Title from Dolph Zigger. I was Mark Henry and retained the World Title against Randy Orton (Henry in a cutscene attacked Orton before the match). I was Del Rio and DQ'd myself against Cena since I wasn't really getting the upper hand in the WWE Title bout. That was kinda cool being able to be the heel and cause a DQ by giving Cena a chairshot. The first time I tried it Cena blocked it because he knew it would be a DQ, but I caught him later on. As for the Rumble, I started out as the Miz in the first two, only lasted til about 11 or so. Controlled a couple of other guys til we got to 27th, so then I just selected the 30th entrant; which was Wade Barrett, and I won the Rumble with him.

Before that, I was playing online with some community guys. Did a couple Elimination Chamber matches and 6-man elimination tag matches. This time I didn't have to direct connect, so that was really nice. Hopefully online is just as smooth once the masses pick it up today.

And after all of that, I've yet to dive into Road To Wrestlemania yet...hoping to do that over the holiday weekend.

DariusLock
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM
:drool: This game seems pretty awesome...wonder if anyone is gonna make FCW/WCW/ECW CAW's or anything.

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
:drool: This game seems pretty awesome...wonder if anyone is gonna make FCW/WCW/ECW CAW's or anything.

Oh yeah...there will be someone that does insane jobs with the CAW's ... the good thing is you can save the author as a favorite.

Nothingface
11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
woohah!!!!! sry

hitman625
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Just finished up AC Revalations the other night and will be picking this up when I get off work at 5pm. Being that I'm off for the rest of the week, I will be logging some major time.

Question- How many matches can you set up per program in Universe?

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Just finished up AC Revalations the other night and will be picking this up when I get off work at 5pm. Being that I'm off for the rest of the week, I will be logging some major time.

Question- How many matches can you set up per program in Universe?

4, I think 6 on PPV's

DariusLock
11-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Is the XBox 360 version better than PS3? Or does it really not matter? I have both.

Nothingface
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
any one else picking on ZACH RYDER IN SINGLES MATCHES? Just to get the feel of the game

JBHuskers
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM
any one else picking on ZACH RYDER IN SINGLES MATCHES? Just to get the feel of the game

Hell no. I'm pushing him. He won the US Title at the Rumble :up:

Nothingface
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Hmmmmmm......i d/l the shawn michaels dlc and he's not showing up on the game.

Nothingface
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
n/m

cdj
11-22-2011, 09:52 PM

I saw someone at OS with the same question in regards to the Road Warriors. Users are saying you must still unlock them first in Road to WrestleMania.

JBHuskers
11-23-2011, 08:35 AM

IIRC (not 100% on this) I think as Chris said you have to unlock him for offline....but I think you can still use him in online matches.

Nothingface
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
I see the servers are top notch and everyone is happy. :)) :bang:

JeffHCross
11-23-2011, 07:44 PM
:drool: This game seems pretty awesome...wonder if anyone is gonna make FCW/WCW/ECW CAW's or anything.Last year there were quite a few WCW/ECW CAWs made, though not as many as in past years. Maybe it'll swing back in favor of CAWS this year. I've used CAWS.ws (http://caws.ws/wwe12/) for, it feels like, years. It's a good site, and it has a mix of both people that post their creations online and others who post the formulas on the site (so you can make it yourself if you're so inclined).

Yes you can. I know guys that are doing Nitro, Raw, and OVW or FCW, some are throwing Thunder in there. I think I'm going to keep Raw & Smackdown and add in FCW, I always skip Superstars as it is.If you could go in-depth a little bit about this, I'd appreciate it. Are you talking about a replacement of Raw/Smackdown on the Universe calendar, or am I reading it wrong?

Nothingface
11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
So Universe mode feels broken to me now. Can't make an entire card? One match you can edit? I thought that was the whole point. Make the shows whatever I wanted with whatever matches I wanted.

JBHuskers
11-25-2011, 10:20 PM
So Universe mode feels broken to me now. Can't make an entire card? One match you can edit? I thought that was the whole point. Make the shows whatever I wanted with whatever matches I wanted.

It's not letting you edit matches?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nothingface
11-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I can edit one match and then the show goes on. Seems pretty lame. I thought you could edit an entire card.

JBHuskers
11-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I can edit one match and then the show goes on. Seems pretty lame. I thought you could edit an entire card.

You need to quit out after every match to go back to the card, else it just continues on.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can edit all of the matches before you even start one.

hitman625
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
what I don't like about Universe 2.0 is that once you edit a match you can't interefere with the match. You have to go right into the match or simulate it, but in some cases interfering in the match help move along the story(that's being played out in my head)

JBHuskers
12-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Best Buy has WWE '12 for $30 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp;jsessionid=236A3B7194EFC7612B08D590 5A104F64.bbolsp-app05-27?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=177278681457388766&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=wwe+12&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960)

JBHuskers
01-20-2012, 03:14 PM
For those who have played Road To Wrestlemania on WWE '12, please take this survey straight from @THQ - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XKNQ9QP

cdj
01-26-2012, 03:39 PM
WWE '12 TITLE UPDATE NOTES AND DLC MYSTERIES REVEALED! (http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/252593/wwe-12-title-update-notes-and-dlc-mysteries-revealed)

As a token of our appreciation, we’ve included a free Superstar in our upcoming Legends & Superstars DLC Pack release to thank you for your patience. The free Superstar is a retro masked Kane from the Attitude Era. With the recent debut of the new masked Kane, we felt it would be fitting to include some Kane nostalgia for your enjoyment. This special addition to the DLC pack will be available free of charge for the first two weeks of release. Although we would love to include the latest masked Kane, the date of his debut and our model creation timelines made it impossible to include him in this pack. Please enjoy the latest addition to your roster, courtesy of THQ, and make sure Attitude Era Kane gives the rest of your roster hell!

Last but certainly not least, in addition to the launch of our Legends & Superstars DLC Pack on January 31, we are also deploying a new patch on January 30 that will address a number of issues and improve your overall gaming experience. We’ve included a high level list of the patch notes below so you can see what’s coming soon. For folks who are in Europe and play on the PS3, your DLC release date will be February 1. This falls in line with the normal PS3 territorial DLC release schedule.

Follow the link for full patch info. (http://wwe.thq.com/go/article/view/252593/wwe-12-title-update-notes-and-dlc-mysteries-revealed)

JBHuskers
01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Some great stuff here, especially in gameplay.

NatureBoy
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I won this PS3 Randy Orton controller today by following WWE Games on Facebook and "liking" their post.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (http://www.wweshop.com/item/wwe-12-playstation-3-controller/search/50-08768)

SmoothPancakes
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Damn, I completely forgot about this game. I still have yet to buy it, but it's still on my list.

NatureBoy
03-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I won this PS3 Randy Orton controller today by following WWE Games on Facebook and "liking" their post.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (http://www.wweshop.com/item/wwe-12-playstation-3-controller/search/50-08768) It's been three weeks now and I still haven't gotten this. Any ideas on how long it takes?

NatureBoy
04-16-2012, 07:06 PM
:D:mad: I'll be damned, if WWE Games isn't promoting another controller give away during tonight's Raw. It's been six weeks and I still haven't got the one I won six weeks ago.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/528067_10150701264573355_110431863354_9784723_1571 397088_n.jpg

JBHuskers
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Sent you a PM on Facebook Naitch.

NatureBoy
04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Sent you a PM on Facebook Naitch. :up: A big thanks goes to JB for sending me in the right direction. Not only did I get the Randy Orton Controller today but THQ also sent me a copy of WWE 12 as well. Much appreciated.

DariusLock
04-20-2012, 03:28 PM
WTF JB I want a free WWE '12 lmao.

JBHuskers
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM

I wasn't the one to give him the game :D

JBHuskers
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM

I wasn't the one to give him the game :D

NatureBoy
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Quick question for those who have the game. Do you have to pay in order to have Brock Lesnar on the roster? And wow, good luck trying to download anything. The servers are down more than they are up. I have been trying all weekend to download some of the online community creations but have managed to get only three so far.

JeffHCross
04-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I hated the Download experience on SvR 2011. Would hate to think it's gotten worse.

SCClassof93
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
I shelved this a few months ago. Never could dl any created wrestlers and 2.0 did not seem to work. Has it been patched? DL wrestlers working?

JBHuskers
04-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah this is the first year THQ has been running the servers themselves. Before it was done through Gamespy. It's not gone smoothly, I'm assuming the server issues haven't been fixed since Naitch just said he was having troubles this week.