PDA

View Full Version : Week 6, 2016

Oneback
05-29-2011, 11:14 AM
=============== Oklahoma Sooners (2-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 45-0 against Texas (5-0).
This week, the Sooners will host UCLA (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Trey Harris has committed to Colorado
- (****) QB Joseph Jacobs has committed to Texas

=============== #6 Clemson Tigers (5-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 70-24 against Wake Forest (1-3).
This week, the Tigers will host North Carolina (2-2).

=============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (2-2) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles will host Wake Forest (1-3).

=============== #1 Miami Hurricanes (5-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 49-17 against Boston College (2-3).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Ernest Jones has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 34-7 against Wisconsin (1-3).
This week, the Wolverines will host Illinois (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Skip Green has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) LOLB Marvin Hall has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) C Matt Ferwerda has committed to Texas

=============== #14 Texas A&M Aggies (3-2) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 58-7 against Oklahoma State (1-3).
This week, the Aggies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Matt Kaplan has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) RE Skip Green has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) TE Cory Tolbert has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 56-10 against Illinois (1-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Scott Hobbs has committed to Texas

=============== #24 Oregon Ducks (3-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 43-10 against Texas Tech (1-2).
This week, the Ducks travel to Austin to face the #4 Texas Longhorns (5-0).

=============== #9 USC Trojans (2-1) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 52-14 against Duke (1-3).
This week, the Hokies will host Oklahoma State (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) TE Cory Tolbert has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (5-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 45-0 against Oklahoma (2-2).
This week, the Longhorns will host #24 Oregon (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RG Derrick Parks has committed to Texas
- (****) QB Joseph Jacobs has committed to Texas

=============== #17 Wisconsin Badgers (1-3) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin lost 34-7 against Michigan (4-0).
This week, the Badgers will host #8 Ohio State (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papa LoneStar
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
The #4 Longhorns struggle defensively, but score enough to blowout #24 Oregn 69-28 in Austin. Texas QB Mike Joseph threw for 258 yards, 4 TDs, and 1 INT....also chipped in a 19 yard TD run. WR Roger Moss dominated the Oregon secondary with 6 catches for 135 yards and 3 TDs. RBs Bryson Hopkins and Jerome Brown combined for 216 yards and 3 TDs. On defense....DE Jonathan Johnson had 5 tackles (2 TFL) and a sack. Next week, the Longhorns travel to face the Oregon State Beavers....2:30pm central on ESPN2.

Oneback
05-29-2011, 01:09 PM
#3 Michigan improves to 5-0 with a 55-14 win over Illinois and is looking forward to meeting #2 Florida next week at the Big House. Heisman hopeful quarterback Brian Young was 8 of 14 passing with 167 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 137 yards on 11 carries and two touchdowns. Young has now rushed for 621 yards and seven touchdowns while throwing for 716 yards and three touchdowns on the season.

Halfback Zach Gray who has been hit with the injury bug this season bounced back nicely this game after missing three quarters against Wisconsin by rushing for 91 yards on 17 carries and scoring three times. He has provided a nice 1-2 punch for the Wolverines when in the game as he has rushed for 386 yards and eight touchdowns on 64 carries giving.

The recieving corp has been led by explosive slot recievers Joe Brooks and Micah Henderson who have combined for 495 yards recieving, 264 yards rushing, 328 yards on special teams and three touchdowns. They have been able to contribute 14 yards per touch and they did not disappoint against Illinois by gaining 226 yards on 16 touches and one touchdown.

Despite how well the offense is playing the key to the Wolverines early season success has been the play of the defense, only giving up 230 yards per game ranking third in the Big Ten and only 10 points per game ranking first in the Big Ten. The star has been RS Freshman DT Chris Clifford who has seven sacks, 13 tackles for loss and 20 total tackles. Against Illinois he was unblockable tallying seven total tackles, six tackles for loss and four sacks.

Heading into next weeks top matchup against Florida the Wolverines look to continue their dominating style of play with 13 recruits attending the game and with a win they will likely move into the number one spot in the polls.

JeffHCross
05-29-2011, 02:52 PM
First Top 25 Classes of 2016:
#1 Texas A&M (this won't last long)
#3 Texas
#4 Penn State
#5 USC
#6 Miami
#11 Michigan
#12 Virginia Tech
#15 Florida State

Iron Dragon
05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Actually, as long as Oklahoma is in my control - they probably aren't recruiting anyone. There are players on my board, but they probably haven't talked to any of them.

JeffHCross
05-29-2011, 06:24 PM
The CPU will automatically make calls if you have remaining time and you have players on your board that you haven't called in a given week.

RcSinger
05-29-2011, 10:33 PM
One of the lowest totals on the year for Bernard at just over 170.
Are you ready for the passing stats? How about 3 of 16 for 46 total yards and 2 int's.
Something is amiss with the Hokie passing game in the last few contests.

The Hokies put the first 7 on the board and then it was all Cowboys until late in the 3rd when tech scored a TD and a 2 point conversion to cut the lead to 7. Somehow the hokie defense held the cowboys scoreless in the 4th and added another TD and a late field goal for the 3 point win.

Some are starting to question the QB choice for the season and even the coach RC's leadership. Many questions remain to be answered in this season for the team from Blacksburg.

JeffHCross
05-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Stupid bye weeks

ryby6969
05-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I really wish I had more time to use my new QB for next year.(Douglas) He is 6'5" 238lbs with 87spd, 85agl, and 90acc. He is really fun to use on read option plays. I uploaded a video of a 88 yard TD run he had on a read option.(only like the final 50 yards)

psusnoop
05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
PSU playing semi early tonight around 9pm but should be a quick game against the boilermakers.

psusnoop
05-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Escobar all that remained when I signed off last night

Papa LoneStar
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
CPU OU is definitely recruiting....another pest along with TCU that has me spreading my hours thin

psusnoop
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
CPU OU is definitely recruiting....another pest along with TCU that has me spreading my hours thin

Lol sweet! Hahaha

Iron Dragon
05-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Ah, that's good to hear.

Will be back next week with a PS3 hopefully. If not by this weekend. :nod: