PDA

View Full Version : I died last week in the hospital.

NatureBoy
05-28-2011, 08:54 PM
It all started last Thursday Morning. I started having severe pains in my side and stomach. My Wife rushed me to the doctor's office to see what was causing them. The doctor couldn't find out what was going on so he admit ed to the hospital next door.

They ran all kind of test on me and couldn't find out what was causing them. Friday came and they decided to run a cat scan on me. I had to drink to bottles of some junk that tasted worse than crap so they could get a better picture of what was going on in my stomach.

After I gagged down the last sip on the second bottle, I knew I was going to puke. I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time due to the IV in my arm. So I said, the heck with it and pucked my guts up in the room. I called for a nurse to tell her what was going on. She came into the room and gave me a shot for the pain in my stomach and a shot for nausea back to back.

It must have been too much for my body to handle. I have no idea how much time had passed but a doctor came into my room to check on me. I'm so thankful that he did because he later told me he found me dead in every sense of the word. He said I was totally blue all over, no heartbeat, was not breathing and non responsive. He called a Code Blue, which was the hospital's term for everyone doctor and nurse possible to get to a person's room asap because they were dead or dying.

A team of around 12 or more doctors and nurses rushed to my room to work on me. They put something in my IV to reverse the effects of the drugs the nurse had given me. They began forcing oxygen in my body not nothing was working. A doctor then bought out the paddles and started trying to get my heart beating again. I don't know the medical name for them but I know everyone has seen it on a TV show or movie. After the second jolt, I came back.

I told my Wife later on that day that must what it feels like to being born. To go from total blackness to every sense of your body comes alive by a million. It was like my seeing, hearing, feeling, was amped to the max. I didn't know who I was, where I was at, nothing. After a few minutes of being held down by a couple of doctors and nurses, I settled down and began to remember everything.

Needless to say, after something like this happens, it really makes a person get their priorities in order. Things I may have thought were important in life seem rather silly looking back now. The most important thing in my life is my family. They always were but believe me, I appreciate them more than ever now. My Mom, my Wife and my 20 month old baby girl. It scares me to think of how close I was to never seeing them again. I'm so thankful to be alive and enjoy what life has to offer. Something like this really gives you a different outlook on life, that's for sure.

I'm not making light of what happened to Macho Man Randy Savage but all this took place around the time he passed away last Friday. It's kind of strange to think I could have checked out the same time as Savage. I'm sorry this has been so long winded guys. I just wanted to share this with everyone.

souljahbill
05-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Glad you pulled through, man. That's about I can think to say. That's both freaky and scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
05-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow man. Crazy stuff. Glad to hear you're ok.

JeffHCross
05-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, Natch. Glad you were able to do so.

gschwendt
05-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Very crazy man... glad you're OK!

steelerfan
05-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow.

I'm glad you're ok, buddy.

cdj
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Dang.....glad you are OK, man!

Did they find out what was causing the initial pains that led to all this?

psusnoop
05-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Holy moly, that's crazy. Glad ur OK bud.

Cody
05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Good to see your still around!

MadScientist06
05-29-2011, 11:47 AM
INCREDIBLE! It wasn't your time man. You need to write a book! Holy ish man!

NatureBoy
05-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks everone for the kind word and well wishes. It means a lot coming from my friends. Cdj, I go back to the doctor on friday for a follow up. Hopefully he can shed some more light on what was causing all the pain to start with.

JBHuskers
05-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Wow brother ... I'm glad you're okay! Get well soon man!

Keontez
05-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Damn bro, glad you're ok.

ryby6969
05-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Like everyone else, glad you are okay.

steelerfan
05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks everone for the kind word and well wishes. It means a lot coming from my friends.

:up:

NatureBoy
05-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks everyone.

ram29jackson
05-30-2011, 11:18 PM
did the nurse make a mistake or a bad chemical reaction inside you ?