PDA

View Full Version : Cooking plans for Memorial Day/Weekend?

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Just wondering if any of you do anything? We basically grill out and stuff down here in the 'Sip for most of the weekend. Tonight I'm going to be doing

Drunken Chicken - Whole chicken. Drink half of a can beer. Pour seasoning/onions/garlic in there. Dry rub on chicken. Stuff can up the chickens...butt. Let that baby sit on the grill for a couple hours YUM!

Jamaican Jerk grilled shrimp. Corn on the cob grilled in the husk. Bacon Ranch Potato Salad!

I dunno about the rest of the weekend lol. Seen a brisket on sale, might try to smoke one of those or some ribs Monday.

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 05:43 PM
My wife is going to make me grill burgers. She loves my grilled burgers. I use woodchips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
I mix mine with Onion Soup Mix! Makes them stay together when flipping and adds an amazing flavor to the burgers.

Deuce
05-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Just had some BBQ ribs with fried okra and some damn hot jalapenoes. My mouth is on fire! But sure does make the beer taste good.

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
You should try tossing the slice Jalapenos in corn meal and fry them! Holy shit it's addictive.

Deuce
05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
You should try tossing the slice Jalapenos in corn meal and fry them! Holy shit it's addictive.

That sounds good! I eat jalapenoes with pretty much every meal. Anything hot is good for me.

DariusLock
05-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I just get the sliced Jalapenos like you use for Nachos. You can use cornmeal or flour, just toss them in it and fry them until crisp and golden brown. The flour and cooking takes out some of the spice so you can just sit there and eat these like popcorn.

morsdraconis
05-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm not doing anything food wise for Memorial Day. I'm working Memorial Day out in the hot freakin' sun most of the day.

CLW
05-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Not doing any cooking this year as the wife is on a 36 hour shift so it will be just me and the dogs at the apartment all day.

Cody
05-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Chicken
Steak
Burger's
Corn on the cobb
yummm