PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO.

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Michael Thompson Ole Miss Senior Associate Athletics Director:

Just wait until you see the Rebels come out of the tunnel before the coin toss in NCAA 12. I had to approve the stadium rendering and tunnel scenes. It is finally right! **New Entrance I linked IN!**

Then I proceeded to tell him I'm like the only Ole Miss person to submit stuff and I'm pretty sure I'm the reason this stuff made it in. Gave him a link to The Gaming Tailgate and he checked it out, his response...

Michael:

You are the man!!!!

How good of a feeling is that when you get a pat on the back from the admin of the school you love for making sure they are represented correctly. Pretty cool in my book for the guy to come on and talk to me about NCAA and stuff.

ram29jackson
05-27-2011, 01:51 AM
cool ! and yet, like, free labor

cache ?
jerseys ?

anything ? I am not knocking this. Its a cool thing to see. But I'm saying, if its considered so damn important to someone..ya' know..?

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Apparently they ran everything by him, from the e-mail I received everything I've submitted will be in by next year. I just think it's cool because basically if you go to any of these sites you might find 1-3 Ole Miss fans. EA is listening to everyone, even if they have a small following...on top of that our Associate AD who initiated the 100 improvements in 100 days commented on the things I've submitted. It's not every day when someone from the admin gets on and thanks you for submitting stuff to make Ole Miss (Or any team.) look good on NCAA Football.

Dr Death
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Michael Thompson Ole Miss Senior Associate Athletics Director:

Just wait until you see the Rebels come out of the tunnel before the coin toss in NCAA 12. I had to approve the stadium rendering and tunnel scenes. It is finally right! **New Entrance I linked IN!**

Then I proceeded to tell him I'm like the only Ole Miss person to submit stuff and I'm pretty sure I'm the reason this stuff made it in. Gave him a link to The Gaming Tailgate and he checked it out, his response...

Michael:

You are the man!!!!

How good of a feeling is that when you get a pat on the back from the admin of the school you love for making sure they are represented correctly. Pretty cool in my book for the guy to come on and talk to me about NCAA and stuff.

Alright Darius, you need to hook me up! I've been BEGGING for years for the Shovel Pass... can you tell the Ole Miss AD about that??? :D Tell him I watched The Blind Side and loved the movie! And my favorite line in the movie...

"I will come to every game if you play at Tennessee and cheer for you Michael, but I will not wear that gawdy orange. It just isn't in my color wheel!"

I nearly pissed myself when Sandra Bullock said that line! :D

Come on Darius... help the community out here! And good on you and good for the AD there. That's so cool!

cdj
05-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Ole Miss has their updated field art as well and I think the gray unis are new in 12 as well. You guys got quite the royal treatment this year with the updates! ;) I think the only thing you may be missing is your new mascot.

I wish every school had administrators who were active in getting info and approving what EA adds (or wants to add) for their schools.

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Ole Miss has their updated field art as well and I think the gray unis are new in 12 as well. You guys got quite the royal treatment this year with the updates! ;) I think the only thing you may be missing is your new mascot.

I wish every school had administrators who were active in getting info and approving what EA adds (or wants to add) for their schools.

Agreed.

And that is really awesome Darius. The best I can match that is my multiple direct conversations and correspondence with Scott Strasemeier, Navy's Associate Athletic Director for Sports Information. Definitely awesome when you are able to get in contact with people in a position of knowledge in your school's athletic department. Definitely helps prove to you that they do care about their fans and shows they take the time to read and respond to what various fans have to say or ask.

DariusLock
05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Yea, Thompson is doing a lot of good for Ole Miss sports now. He implemented some 100 improvements in 100 days campaign to help game atmosphere. Made sure the band got new Uni's when they haven't had new ones in years! You can just tell the guy loves Ole Miss and sports and that he is doing his best to give the alumni/athletes/students what they want.

Pig Bomb
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't know how my team NC State does it....we are alsways getting our junk in this game and we always get some nat'l TV games in real life... now if we can just get a good team cranked up!
This year should be very interesting.... everything depends on Mike Glennon 6-6 225 at QB this year now that baseball Wilson is gone.

Jayrah
05-27-2011, 06:57 PM

No Kidding!

steelerfan
05-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Cool story, Darius. Glad to see those things got in. This is a great example of Community >> EA >> School >> EA = desired results.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Apparently they ran everything by him, from the e-mail I received everything I've submitted will be in by next year. I just think it's cool because basically if you go to any of these sites you might find 1-3 Ole Miss fans. EA is listening to everyone, even if they have a small following...on top of that our Associate AD who initiated the 100 improvements in 100 days commented on the things I've submitted. It's not every day when someone from the admin gets on and thanks you for submitting stuff to make Ole Miss (Or any team.) look good on NCAA Football.

Darius, I feel your pain. Try finding an Arizona St fan on any community site. It's even harder now with those awful unis!!! lol