PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Conference Realignment Schedule?

Kwizzy
05-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Does anyone have a list of all of the real life conference realignments that have/will be taking place? I will most likely only be using the custom conference feature to keep up with real life changes but I have yet to find a simple list of what teams will be going where & in which year. Can anyone provide me with a good link or list? Thanks in advance.

joshuahuskers
05-26-2011, 09:53 PM
2011:
-Nebraska moving from Big 12 to Big Ten
-Colorado moving from Big 12 to Pac-12
-Utah moving from Mountain West to Pac-12
-BYU moving from Mountain West to Independent
-Boise State moving from WAC to Mountain West
Those should all be in the game.

2012:
-TCU moving from Mountain West to Big East
-Nevada moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Fresno State moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Hawaii moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Texas State moving from FCS to WAC
-Texas-San Antonio moving from FCS to WAC
-UMass moving from FCS to MAC

2013:
-South Alabama moving from FCS to Sun Belt

That's all that I am aware of, unless I am forgetting any.

joshuahuskers
05-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Wiki outlines all the changes (along with rumored ones) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_NCAA_conference_realignment

Kwizzy
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
2011:
-Nebraska moving from Big 12 to Big Ten
-Colorado moving from Big 12 to Pac-12
-Utah moving from Mountain West to Pac-12
-BYU moving from Mountain West to Independent
-Boise State moving from WAC to Mountain West
Those should all be in the game.

2012:
-TCU moving from Mountain West to Big East
-Nevada moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Fresno State moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Hawaii moving from WAC to Mountain West
-Texas State moving from FCS to WAC
-Texas-San Antonio moving from FCS to WAC
-UMass moving from FCS to MAC

2013:
-South Alabama moving from FCS to Sun Belt

That's all that I am aware of, unless I am forgetting any.

Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't feel like reading through all of the hows, whys, and whats of it all. Thank you!

souljahbill
05-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Wiki outlines all the changes (along with rumored ones) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_NCAA_conference_realignment

The WAC is possibly reaching for anybody, huh? :D

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2011, 12:52 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone know specifically why EA is limiting us to a strict limit of 120 teams and still requiring us to swap out teams to put in teambuilder teams?

With all the FCS teams entering conferences in 2012 and 2013, trying to do a realistic reflection of the real life conferences in our dynasties is going to be impossible since we can't add UMass, UTSA, Texas State and South Alabama without being forced to remove a team already in the game.

Kwizzy
05-27-2011, 08:57 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but does anyone know specifically why EA is limiting us to a strict limit of 120 teams and still requiring us to swap out teams to put in teambuilder teams?

With all the FCS teams entering conferences in 2012 and 2013, trying to do a realistic reflection of the real life conferences in our dynasties is going to be impossible since we can't add UMass, UTSA, Texas State and South Alabama without being forced to remove a team already in the game.

I'm not entirely sure but an educated guess would be something along the lines of the size of a save file & simulation purposes. You've gotta figure they already have to simulate & store stats & whatnot for 120 teams with 70 players per team. Though if they can do that for 120 what's a few more right? I dunno, maybe there is a save file size limitation. It's a good question, I'll try to remember to ask that next time I get a chance.

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm not entirely sure but an educated guess would be something along the lines of the size of a save file & simulation purposes. You've gotta figure they already have to simulate & store stats & whatnot for 120 teams with 70 players per team. Though if they can do that for 120 what's a few more right? I dunno, maybe there is a save file size limitation. It's a good question, I'll try to remember to ask that next time I get a chance.

I appreciate it Kwizzy. It's definitely not anything major that needs immediate answering or anything, just something that I've been curious about, curious as to what the reason was for the strict limit. In the past I have never cared, but with the custom conferences now, and the future changes in real life, I'm planning on having one of my couple of dynasties try to be a real life reflection of the current college football (along with the crazy upside down world conferences in other dynasties I plan on doing), the 120 teams limit really for the first time is standing out and just struck my curiosity.

Deuce
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
It makes me wonder why they can't just add 5-10 'open' slots for the FCS teams moving to FBS. We'll never get the entire FCS but a few open slots seems reasonable.