PDA

View Full Version : EA.com / Dynasty Wire

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Now we can't talk about anything in regards to Dynasty Wire, and etc. yet; however, I can't help but notice how smooth the NCAA 12 home page (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/1/ncaa-football-12) is running right now. I'm hoping that it translates to the Dynasty Wire this year as that thing was a slow bloated hog.

morsdraconis
05-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, with being able to play games online and such through Dynasty Wire, one would definitely hope that they got WAY better servers for their stuff.

Jayrah
05-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Dang it JB, had me all excited some info came out

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2011, 06:39 AM

It will be today! According to the blog on EA:

Web Improvements (full blog posted on 5/25)

Also the full blog on Custom Playbooks today. The full blog on Custom Conferences tomorrow. And Dynasty Tuning on Friday.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 09:16 AM
It will be today! According to the blog on EA:

Also the full blog on Custom Playbooks today. The full blog on Custom Conferences tomorrow. And Dynasty Tuning on Friday.

Ahhh shoot pancakes made the morning haha

JBHuskers
05-25-2011, 01:05 PM

That's why I put the disclaimer up on the first post :D

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Of course, EA would go and take forever today. They had the blog detailing the scheduled info releases this week and then the Coaching Carousel blogs up by 11:30am. Now today they go and take forever to get around and putting the Dynasty Wire blog up. Come on! This is one of the blogs this week I have been looking forward to the most (since we already had a majority of the information on Carousel).

DariusLock
05-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Is anyone expecting anything earth shattering since we have to pay for this feature this year?

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Is anyone expecting anything earth shattering since we have to pay for this feature this year?

Well, from what I have read, Dynasty Wire is still free, just two things that are required to be payed. $2.99/240 MS points for the ability to super sim/"play" your games against the CPU from the website, and another $2.99/240 MS points to be able to advance your OD each week (if commish) from the web. Other than that, everything else should be free to use by anyone and everyone just like last year.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I can't say that playing a game from the website interests me even a little....Being able to advance from the web is cool though.

But seriously...who is out there trying to watch dots from their cube?? Maybe I'm wrong, but everytime I read that I think "Man, I'd have to be really in danger of the dynasty moving ahead without me or something". Cause that has ZERO appeal to me at all.

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I personally wouldn't mind it, because with planning on playing a single player OD (so I can take full advantage of Dynasty Wire), there are times I just do not have the time to play an entire game in one sitting. So being able to play and advance my games while at work or something, would come in handy and keep my dynasty from coming screeching to a halt for periods of time.

Koach Vonner
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM
This may be a stupid question so please forgive me before I ask: SmoothPanckes
But isn't a One Person Online Dynasty just an OFFLINE Dynasty?

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Essentially, yes. But by doing a single player dynasty using Online Dynasty, it allows you to use Dynasty Wire and the EA website stuff, whereas you cannot use that stuff if you do just a simple offline dynasty. I try and do an Online Dynasty as a single player so I can use and take full advantage of the Dynasty Wire stuff. I tried to do it last year, but with all the issues Dynasty Wire had for the first month or two, I was ultimately forced to go with just a regular offline dynasty since I wanted to actually play and not wait for EA to sort out the multitude of issues people were having at the time with Dynasty Wire and the stuff on the Dynasty Wire website.

DariusLock
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh ok. Hopefully they take off the stupid advance timer.

Edit: This blog sure is taking awhile. Better be something good in there :).

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Pancakes, I hadn't considered that...but I suppose that's actually a decent option to have, since i do some simming in my solo efforts...and getting to call the plays for those sims from my desk is intriguing.

Good point. And I'm also looking forward to the series Navy and Marshall just inked coming up. Should be great games!