PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking outloud here...

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I realize I may be in the minority here, but is anyone else jacked about being able to be an OC or DC and NOT being able to control the whole game? For years our rallying cry has been more realism and w/ this feature, we're getting just that.

Now I know some will simply sim through the part they don't control, but what I am going to do is keep notes on things... certain tendencies etc... and will be able to actually spend time reviewing those when the D is on the field. {I'm starting out as an OC}

In fact, I could see this as being so much fun that it may deter me from wanting to be a HC. One thing I would love to see EA implement next year is this...

Say you are the OC and you call the offensive plays. But... if the HC wants to override you, he can. Which means, when you become HC and let's say you were an OC prior, you hire a DC and let him run the D but... you have the ability at any time to jump in and call the D play and run the defense.

This would, in fact, be very close to real life where a lot of schools have the HC and the OC and DC run the O and the D but the coach has final say if he wants to change something.

For the first year of implementation, I am excited about the ability to start as an OC or DC, but I can also see where this could lead to and the possibilities are endless.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Let me guess, you're going to use an option heavy running attack and not some silly pass happy system like the Run and Shoot? Who wants to throw the ball 50 times a game? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLW
05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I am VERY excited about being an OC/DC starting my "career" and being at the mercy of the CPU to help me to victory. I really hope it adds a new level of challenge to dynasty mode.

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Let me guess, you're going to use an option heavy running attack and not some silly pass happy system like the Run and Shoot? Who wants to throw the ball 50 times a game? :p

:D Actually, my offense will be a combination of all the empty sets... like UTEP has 5-wide under center as well as Shot-Gun and all the other 5-wide sets. A couple of 4-wide sets will be implemented as well, mostly for running late in the game when I am up big.

And you're correct... who wants to throw only 50 times a game? I play 10 minute quarters and average about 65-75 pass attempts a game!@!! :D

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw one of the coaching "goals" being 2000 passing yards for a season! Hell, I should hit that mark by week 4! :D

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-24-2011, 03:09 PM
i would like it if next year they build your goals dynamically by taking an average of your stats and raising the bar above it... this would be nice if you resign with a team... so first contract = static goals per coach's info... if you resign or take a new job the goals are then based off of what you have already accomplished... it would help a lot for those that over-achieve... to make it not so easy to blow the doors off their goals.. does this year involve anything like this? ive read through decently havent noticed so not sure...

"E"

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
i would like it if next year they build your goals dynamically by taking an average of your stats and raising the bar above it... this would be nice if you resign with a team... so first contract = static goals per coach's info... if you resign or take a new job the goals are then based off of what you have already accomplished... it would help a lot for those that over-achieve... to make it not so easy to blow the doors off their goals.. does this year involve anything like this? ive read through decently havent noticed so not sure...

"E"

Absolutely!!! This is why I see this feature really growing legs and getting bigger and better in years to come.

HuskerBlitz
05-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I realize I may be in the minority here, but is anyone else jacked about being able to be an OC or DC and NOT being able to control the whole game? For years our rallying cry has been more realism and w/ this feature, we're getting just that.

I'm not jacked either way because I don't think I'll play that mode, but I think that is the way it should be implemented. To me it only makes sense.

morsdraconis
05-24-2011, 06:27 PM
:D Actually, my offense will be a combination of all the empty sets... like UTEP has 5-wide under center as well as Shot-Gun and all the other 5-wide sets. A couple of 4-wide sets will be implemented as well, mostly for running late in the game when I am up big.

And you're correct... who wants to throw only 50 times a game? I play 10 minute quarters and average about 65-75 pass attempts a game!@!! :D

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw one of the coaching "goals" being 2000 passing yards for a season! Hell, I should hit that mark by week 4! :D

I'm actually thinking about running an offense very similar to that with my Teambuilder team this time around. I went more pro style with them in '11 because I really didn't care for how few 4 and 5 WR sets there were outside of like UTEP and Hawai'i but with the custom playbook stuff, I can go hog wild with them and fill out my entire playbook with them if I want to.

Treadstone6700
05-24-2011, 06:47 PM
To answer the OP's question, no, you aren't the only one that is excited. When you're the OC and you have to run a 2 minute drill to win the game b/c your porous defense couldn't stop an NAIA school, or when your offense turns it over in the 4th and you have to make a goal line stand?

It will be more rewarding as well as more frustrating. Should make this year's game really fun!

Dr Death
05-24-2011, 07:13 PM
To answer the OP's question, no, you aren't the only one that is excited. When you're the OC and you have to run a 2 minute drill to win the game b/c your porous defense couldn't stop an NAIA school, or when your offense turns it over in the 4th and you have to make a goal line stand?

It will be more rewarding as well as more frustrating. Should make this year's game really fun!

In regards to that, something that I thought of was how soon before we see people on here bitching because the OC or DC cost them a game??? Some people are gonna wanna go all Buddy Ryan on their coordinator counterparts! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

jaymo76
05-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Giving serious thought to starting as an OC. Originally I wasn't very interested but the more I think about it the more interesting it becomes. With a bad team I may actually lose a ton of games since I can't play D. I can imagine how frustrating it will be to sit there and watch the opposing offense scorch your teams D and not be able to respond.

AustinWolv
05-25-2011, 10:02 AM
but is anyone else jacked about being able to be an OC or DC and NOT being able to control the whole game?
I am. I think it will be good fun and a cool way to start at a smaller school and work up to the dream job. It will more than likely replace my small school dynasty that I usually do, as I naturally want to have my primary dynasty with my alma mater.

Pantera1968
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I am excited too I just hope that the play calling logic is a little better than what we saw in RTG mode last year. OUCH! Also, hope the DC doesn't call engage eight as much as some CPU controlled teams that I played in '11!