PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12: TGT's Coaching Carousel & Dynasty Preview

cdj
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TexasCelebrate.jpg Coaching Carousel, one of the most popular feature requests by the NCAA Football community over the last few years, finds itself as a major new feature in NCAA Football 12’s Dynasty Mode. In real life, college football programs make each new hire or promotion with the hopes that their new coaching staff will lead or return them to conference or national prominence. Now, gamers can replicate that experience as a head coach, offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator and work their way up the ranks or stay at one program and build a powerhouse.

Dynasty Mode begins with players able to use a new or existing coach. Along with the physical appearance edits – options include polo, shirt, suit, sweater vest, visor, and glasses - you can set your coach’s alma mater, offensive and defensive playbook, and tendencies on each side of the ball. Your alma mater and playbooks will help play a factor in your career advancement throughout the Carousel. Being an LSU alum may lead to you getting a job offer from the Tigers in a close field of candidates while having a similar playbook to the previous coach could give you an edge as it may help ease the transition to a new coaching staff.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12NewCoach.png

After creating your coach, you begin your career as a FBS head or assistant coach. Each coaching position has its own set of Contract Goals based upon Program Prestige and contract length. Low prestige programs are much more forgiving and exhibit lower standards than high prestige programs. As you reach the upper echelon of college football, nine and ten win seasons become the norm and failure to reach that mark – in real life and in the game – can put a significant dent in your Job Security. Coordinators will need to excel on the field as well or they may find themselves on the Hot Seat. Winning games along with reaching statistical goals are imperative to move up the coaching ranks and to build your Coach Prestige. New coaches will begin with D-rated Prestige, while users who begin with existing coaches will inherit their Prestige.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUTGTContract2.png

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUTGTContract1.png

As you progress through your coaching career, your goal is to establish and build Prestige and Job Security. While you may be considered a prestigious coach (perhaps you have won conference titles in the past), you must continue to win over the fans and athletic director each season to stay in a ‘safe’ Job Security range by completing your contract goals. Coach prestige impacts player progression and a few other aspects. However, this does not mean that players on a team with an A+ Head Coach are going to have over the top progression. Firings can come mid-contract, so don’t feel like you are guaranteed the entire life of your contract to prove yourself.

If you begin your coaching career as a coordinator, you can SuperSim play on the other side of the ball or watch the action. In addition to your on-field duties, you also have full responsibilities in Recruiting. If you are a coordinator, do you build up your side of the ball for increased success and more job opportunities? Should the other side of the ball struggle, losses may rack up and hurt your Job Security & Prestige.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/USCCoach.jpg

Throughout the season you can monitor Job Security for all head coaches and coordinators to see who is on the Hot Seat and who is safe. In addition, cumulative win-loss records as well as accomplishments are tracked for all current coaches throughout the length of the Dynasty. Among the info tracked are win-loss record for career and at school, conference record, record vs. Top 25 & Rivals, Heisman Trophy winners, All-Americans, average recruiting rank, longest win streak, and more.

Once you hit the off-season, the action picks up with the Coaching Carousel. Behind the scenes, it begins with schools that are very pleased with the performance of their coaches by rewarding and re-signing them to new contracts. Next, schools will begin to hire or promote coaches to replace those who have been fired, released, retired, or have left for a new job.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12CarouselResign.png

Schools will then make their hiring process to fill open positions. Under the Now Hiring tab, users can view the previous job filled, the current school hiring, and the next school about to make a potentially program-defining hire. For the school currently hiring and about to hire, Top and Rumored Candidates are shown, respectfully. However, schools do not always hire someone shown on this list, keeping users guessing on what each program may do.

Unexpected Jobs are those opened up by those coaches who leave their job suddenly to take a position elsewhere. The Filled Positions tab gives a recap on the moves made by each school to let users recap the action of the Coaching Carousel.

Users can go through the Carousel one move at a time to track coach movement just by pressing A (360)/X (PS3) or they can skip to their contract offers (X/Square). If there are no job offers, this will simulate through the entire Carousel.

Should you find yourself on the Hot Seat, offers from other schools become very intriguing. Can you turn things around the following season or do you risk being fired and having to work your way back up the ranks? When you get a job offer, you can do two things to scout the team you may be moving to. You can view the entire roster of that school and you can view the details of the contract being be offered by the school.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ContractGoals.png

The coaches for all teams in-game are generic, but can be edited to allow you to customize your competition.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12EditCoach.png

If a user wishes to play under the traditional Dynasty format, they can turn off Coach Contracts when creating their Dynasty.

In terms of presentation, cutscenes will show your coach interacting with his players, officials, roaming the sidelines, celebrating, and more.

Other Dynasty Mode Improvements

Within Dynasty Mode, a new Pipeline States screen helps users breakdown their roster to determine which states they currently have designated as Pipelines and also any states they may be in danger of losing in the following season should they not sign a player from that state.

In addition, when you are viewing the list of all recruits, each player has the logos of his Top 3 school choices next to his name and vital info. This makes finding players who have you listed in their Top 3 much easier than it has been in the past.

Dynamic Attendance helps differentiate power programs from lower-tier programs as you can go from playing in front of a packed house at Michigan to a desolate stadium at Tulane or Akron. (In Play Now games, stadiums will be at 100% capacity.)

Fully Customizable Conferences

After a long year-plus of rumored and eventual conference realignment, NCAA Football 12 features Fully Customizable Conferences. Each conference must have a minimum of four teams and can have a maximum of 16 teams, except for Independents which can have a minimum of one team and a maximum of 32. You may re-align conferences, but cannot delete or create entirely new conferences. Divisional names can be edited (goodbye Leaders & Legends), but not existing conference names or logos. TeamBuilder squads can be swapped in, though no teams can be removed or added meaning that users must stay at 120 FBS programs in their Dynasty.

Conference Rules

Schedule Type: Protected or Unprotected Rivals – Helps you protect certain cross-divisional match-ups so they occur within each season of the Dynasty.

Night Games in November: Allows users to set whether or not conference games will be played at night in November.

Weekday Games: Allows users to set which weekdays conference games can occur.

Start Conference Games: Select which week of the season conference match-ups will start being played.

Location for Championship Game: Select the location for the Conference Championship Game (if applicable) amongst any stadium in the game.

Division Name 1 & 2: Name (or re-name) any division in the game.

Protected Rivalries: Set the protected cross-divisional match-ups that will be played each season of the Dynasty. Each team can have one protected match-up.

BCS Bowls

The BCS National Championship Game is locked with BCS #1 vs. BCS #2.

Up to eight Automatic Qualifier slots (amongst Fiesta, Orange, Rose, & Sugar Bowls) can be filled with any of the conference championship winners (not just current AQ schools) or any number of these slots can be open to ‘at large’ consideration.

Coaching Carousel + Fully Customizable Conference + Online Dynasty = Ultimate Competitiveness

Coaching Carousel not only gives users a new Dynasty mode experience – it can redefine the Online Dynasty experience.

Online Dynasty (OD) Commissioners can set the maximum Prestige level for teams users can select at the start of the OD. Members can then all start at the same Prestige job as they work to move up the ranks.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/AuburnCoach.jpg

With the Fully Customizable Conferences feature, Online Dynasty Commissioners can arrange all OD members into their own conference to help make it become more of a challenge. For example, in a 12-member Online Dynasty (with all members in the same conference), there will be a conference schedule with plenty of Human vs. Human games. This will make the challenge of moving up the coaching ladder that much more difficult. With the competitiveness that already exists in Online Dynasties, no users will want to be the first coach to be fired as they will have to hear about it for a long time.

Conferences can be customized after each season meaning that people joining an OD a season or more in aren't restricted to fit within a set criteria of teams to match their fellow OD members. For example, if after two seasons of an SEC dynasty, you join and want to be Florida State, you can do so and then join the rest of the SEC.

The Protected Rivalries feature allows Commissioners to establish league rivalries amongst members by ensuring they play every season. When two coordinators play each other in an Online Dynasty, they will play in a basic head-to-head game, calling plays and playing out each side of the ball.

If each OD member creates a new coach, the Alma Mater tab could be construed as the program where they wish to ultimately become Head Coach, basically 'Favorite Team'. With the possibility of another OD member reaching that position first, competitiveness in Online Dynasties will reach a new level.

In the offseason, OD members can go through the Coaching Carousel together in a matter of just a few minutes. Will you get the first big job offer or will your rival get the benefit of being the first at a six-star Prestige program?

With many Online Dynasties featuring members who have played against each other for years, Custom Playbooks will allow users to develop the perfect playbook to counter the strengths and exploit the weaknesses of their competition.

Coaching Carousel, Fully Customizable Conferences, & Custom Playbooks all will play a huge role in changing NCAA Football and they will also change the dynamics of Online Dynasties.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUCelebrate.jpg

Conclusion

Coaching Carousel and Fully Customizable Conferences will change the way users play Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty. Will you stick with the first school that gives you a job and build them into a national power? Or will you work to become coach of an established six-star Prestige program? With all of the new game features, Dynasty and Online Dynasty modes will bring new dynamics and challenges to users. These are the major new additions and features coming to Dynasty Mode, but there's additional feature(s) and options yet to come to enhance the Dynasty & Online Dynasty experience.

To see Dynasty questions from the community and answers from Community Event attendees, visit this thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2216-Dynasty-Info-Q-amp-A-thread).

Latest images (click here for NCAA Football 12 Information Central (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?335-NCAA-Football-12-Information-Central))
<script src="http://badge.dopiaza.org/flickr/badge.js?set=72157626045927697;num=5;style=flow-horizontal"></script>

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Central time...ugh ...damn!

JerzeyReign
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Your killing me smalls!! May I ask ONE major question that hasn't been covered yet. In OD, if your both a coordinator in a User v. User game, will you have control over both sides of the ball?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Your killing me smalls!! May I ask ONE major question that hasn't been covered yet. In OD, if your both a coordinator in a User v. User game, will you have control over both sides of the ball?

Yep, user games you'll have full control so you don't have to sit and watch. CPU games will be a super sim on whichever side of the ball you're not the coordinator on.

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 02:27 PM

ya... they said user vs user you get to control both sides of the ball despite only being a coordinator

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:01 PM
It's 3:00

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Love that they are going to keep track of this
Heisman Trophy winners, All-Americans

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM
First post here is updated with the story too.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Love that they are going to keep track of this

:nod:

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:08 PM
That also leads me to believe that Dynasty Wire is going to be much more dynamic with keeping history. Hopefully not only will they keep the number of AA, Heisman winners but also let you look to see who actually won the Heisman 4 years ago even if it wasn't your player.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Not sure how I feel about some of the contract terms that are stat based. Kind of promotes running up the score/stats.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Are they going to implement EA Game Face into creating your coach, like TW12

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Are they going to implement EA Game Face into creating your coach, like TW12

Not this year.

kk101
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm not overly familiar with Sparq. Is there anything we should know about this feature, or is it merely the top 100 players in the recruiting class (like we have now)?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not overly familiar with Sparq. Is there anything we should know about this feature, or is it merely the top 100 players in the recruiting class (like we have now)?

It's like ESPNU 150, but it's Nike's 100.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
"Online Dynasty (OD) Commissioners can set the maximum Prestige level for teams users can select at the start of the OD. Members can then all start at the same Prestige job as they work to move up the ranks."

This is nice for those that don't start out with big programs, kind of like the Mid-Tier OD that I'm going to put together for 2012.

I do really like that they are keeping track of the HT winners and AA's.

The Dynamic attendance is another really cool feature. This is going to fun jumping around with teams and stadiums that is for sure. In 2011 I was Western Kentucky, Fresno State, and Penn State.

Boucher
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
so we get both ESPNU top 150 and Nike sparq 100?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
so we get both ESPNU top 150 and Nike sparq 100?

No just the Sparq.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
That also leads me to believe that Dynasty Wire is going to be much more dynamic with keeping history. Hopefully not only will they keep the number of AA, Heisman winners but also let you look to see who actually won the Heisman 4 years ago even if it wasn't your player.

Be nice if it kept all awards on the wire, but I'm sure that would have been mentioned at the same time.

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Well true SPARQ is just a rating based on several athletic tests that are sport specific [and even position specific]. SPARQ basically tells you who the best athletes are, but we all know there are some lower rated athletes that still star at their position, like a Tom Brady type, so take it as you will.

I'm not sure how they have implemented this into NCAA.

Maybe the guys can answer...have they added more to the SPARQ rating to really make it a rating for the best at each position or is it purely an athletic rating????

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I know that it should obviously keep your bowl record, but will it keep specific bowl records, or BCS bowls at least.

Boucher
05-23-2011, 03:29 PM
No just the Sparq.

omg. I guess Elite 11 isnt in either

Rudy
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I like how coaches with the same alma mater and playing style get preference in coaching searches. I also like the new grading system which appears more in depth than before for coaches contracts.

Jcoop9
05-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Besides playbooks, do the good coaches have a way to stand out from the bad ones?

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Sounds good but it's really sad that you don't hire your own OC and DC. It will be interesting to see how much of a tangible difference you actually see regarding coaches. If schools pretty much go after the same type of coach/style it almost seems like CC will be unoticeable.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm going way out on a limb here, but can two users control one team. Can I be the OC and someone else be the DC? I'm guessing no, since recruiting would be difficult.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
If I'm a coordinator, do I control the depth chart and formation subs of the other side of the ball.

Do you basically control the entire team but just in game play you only run one side of the ball?

JerzeyReign
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Yep, user games you'll have full control so you don't have to sit and watch. CPU games will be a super sim on whichever side of the ball you're not the coordinator on.

Thanks. This really made me excited for this feature. This alone has improved online dynasty ten fold.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
If I'm a coordinator, do I control the depth chart and formation subs of the other side of the ball.

Do you basically control the entire team but just in game play you only run one side of the ball?

Good Q... PROBABLY "YES" only because you control recruiting still even if you are an OC/DC.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Yeah that stuff you will be able to control both sides of the ball.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm going way out on a limb here, but can two users control one team. Can I be the OC and someone else be the DC? I'm guessing no, since recruiting would be difficult.

Mentioned in the Q & A thread

Originally Posted by Deuce It'd be cool if they did co-op online. 12 people on 6 teams. Two on each team. 1 as oc and the other dc. It would be interesting as people got promoted and left for other schools. After time everyone would have their own team.

Gschwendt:Unfortunately two users can not be at the same school. At least part of this is due to the fact that currently no more than two people can connect in order to play a game... if two schools both had user OC & DC, that obviously would require four people to connect.

cdj
05-23-2011, 04:31 PM

FWIW, in ODs you can sort these stats by User Coaches to do a direct comparison to see who has the most All-Americans, Heismans, best record, etc.

Not sure how I feel about some of the contract terms that are stat based. Kind of promotes running up the score/stats.

We expressed that concern as well, but the team is confident that the goals are those you will need solid output all season long and running it up in one or two human vs. human games will not be enough to cross milestones. In addition, even if you can't reach some stat milestones, W-L record and conference titles are likely more than enough to keep you employed.

Besides playbooks, do the good coaches have a way to stand out from the bad ones?

Prestige is the big one. Prestige aids in progression, so the top coaches should rise to the top. Also, the game tracks W-L record within the Dynasty menu interface so you can keep an eye on the top coaches throughout the Dynasty.

cdj
05-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Sounds good but it's really sad that you don't hire your own OC and DC. It will be interesting to see how much of a tangible difference you actually see regarding coaches. If schools pretty much go after the same type of coach/style it almost seems like CC will be unoticeable.

Coaches will only get a boost in regards to playbook (and alma mater, for that matter); it is not what they look for first.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Coaches will only get a boost in regards to playbook (and alma mater, for that matter); it is not what they look for first.

Oh okay... that makes more sense. Can't wait to start playing around with it myself.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Can you create a coach mid-dynasty? So if my guy gets fired, can I create a new one and keep coaching the same school? I want fluidity in coaching changes (mainly so other schools can change coaches/styles in dynasty), and so I can change my own coach as I see fit, but want to be able to stay with one school throughout dynasty.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
then dont get fired... lol

"E"

cdj
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Can you create a coach mid-dynasty? So if my guy gets fired, can I create a new one and keep coaching the same school? I want fluidity in coaching changes (mainly so other schools can change coaches/styles in dynasty), and so I can change my own coach as I see fit, but want to be able to stay with one school throughout dynasty.

JHC would be able to clarify, but I believe you can edit/make a new coach in Dynasty Mode. However, I'm not sure if you can assign him to a certain school. He might be able to answer it exactly.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
then dont get fired... lol

"E"

That's not the point. My dynasty runs over multiple versions of the game, and currently I am on season 22. My coach should be retiring in about 10-15 more season. I'd like to be able to have him retire and hire a new one. Then say the new coach I hire gets an offer from his alma mater after five seasons. I'd like to allow him to go to that school, and bring in a new coach/new system. Now, I can make this all up in my head if I turn contracts off, but I'd also like to be able to see coaching changes at other schools. However, if I can't change the coach at my school by creating a new one and assigning him to my school, this awesome feature is, unfortunately, useless to me.

DariusLock
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Thank you guys for all of the info and hard/fun (the part I'm jealous about) work.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I gotta say, dynamic attendance is really sweet. I played 4 games of a Tulane Dynasty last week and seeing the Superdome at about 20% capacity on opening day was awesome. Schools that have huge stadiums, but aren't powerful programs, will be fun to try to build up in 12. Playing in an empty stadium for a few years, then having near-sellouts after you establish success, will be a welcomed tweak to dynasties particularly with the addition of differing crowd sounds by size.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I gotta say, dynamic attendance is really sweet. I played 4 games of a Tulane Dynasty last week and seeing the Superdome at about 20% capacity on opening day was awesome. Schools that have huge stadiums, but aren't powerful programs, will be fun to try to build up in 12. Playing in an empty stadium for a few years, then having near-sellouts after you establish success, will be a welcomed tweak to dynasties particularly with the addition of differing crowd sounds by size.

Wow! So you're saying it actually works like last gen?!?! That's great to hear. Now here the big Q: ARE ALL GAMES TELEVISED/ESPN PRESENTATION or is it like NCAA 10 AND UNDER WHERE THERE IS NO PRESENTATION UNLESS YOUR TEAM DESERVES IT??? I hated having all games televised last year.

Rudy
05-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I want TV guys for very game. It's boring without them.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I liked not having the ESPN crew for every game. Made the televised games a little better since you didn't hear the same stuff over and over and over again.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I want TV guys for very game. It's boring without them.

Normally not the case Rudy but on this one we differ. I really like feeling as though I have earned a tv game based on my play. Yes I agree that's it's somewhat boring I will also state though that it allows you to appreciate the quality of the sound production of listening to the crowd, cheers, whistles, PA, etc.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow! So you're saying it actually works like last gen?!?! That's great to hear. Now here the big Q: ARE ALL GAMES TELEVISED/ESPN PRESENTATION or is it like NCAA 10 AND UNDER WHERE THERE IS NO PRESENTATION UNLESS YOUR TEAM DESERVES IT??? I hated having all games televised last year.

Commentary will be for all games like last year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Normally not the case Rudy but on this one we differ. I really like feeling as though I have earned a tv game based on my play. Yes I agree that's it's somewhat boring I will also state though that it allows you to appreciate the quality of the sound production of listening to the crowd, cheers, whistles, PA, etc.
It will make you appreciate commenary more. I doubt it is in though. I wouldnt want to see North Texas vs. Eastern Washington as a Televised game. They could treat it as a FCS team and have no commentary

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Commentary will be for all games like last year.

that sucks! Any particular reason why? Is it part of the deal with using authentic espn presentation or something?

Deuce
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
that sucks! Any particular reason why? Is it part of the deal with using authentic espn presentation or something?

I know it's kinda lame but cant you turn the volume down on the announcers and only hear PA, crowd, etc?

Rudy
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
It will make you appreciate commenary more. I doubt it is in though. I wouldnt want to see North Texas vs. Eastern Washington as a Televised game. They could treat it as a FCS team and have no commentary

How many college games aren't televised - at least on local TV? If anything they could just have Ben and Russ record some lame, homer filled commentary for the non ESPN games. That would be funny and realistic.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I know it's kinda lame but cant you turn the volume down on the announcers and only hear PA, crowd, etc?

In a word, YES. However, you will sTill get all the wipes and ESPN presentation that goes along with the game. But whatever, this is NOT A GAME KILLER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
In a word, YES. However, you wills till get all the wipes and ESPN presentation that goes along with the game.

True...I guess that be weird to see the wipes with silence.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
How many college games aren't televised - at least on local TV? If anything they could just have Ben and Russ record some lame, homer filled commentary for the non ESPN games. That would be funny and realistic.

I've always said they should bring back the "radio guy" from the first current gen Madden (06, maybe?) to do the play-by-play for non-tv games. Hell, they could say it's ESPN Radio if they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 07:16 PM

You might be right because once the license was added for ESPN, commentary was in every game.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I've always said they should bring back the "radio guy" from the first current gen Madden (06, maybe?) to do the play-by-play for non-tv games. Hell, they could say it's ESPN Radio if they want.

Let us never speak of the Madden radio guy again. I have just recently got over the scars from that. lol

coogrfan
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
How many college games aren't televised - at least on local TV?

Quite a few, actually...especially for the non-BCS schools.

If anything they could just have Ben and Russ record some lame, homer filled commentary for the non ESPN games. That would be funny and realistic.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Let us never speak of the Madden radio guy again. I have just recently got over the scars from that. lol

:D

Well, they don't have to bring back THAT guy but I always liked the idea of a homer guy calling games not televised.

PeteyKirch
05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Last year a ton of the Rutgers games were on ESPN3 which had commentary from people who seemed to just wander into the booth.

RussellWilson
05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Does this mean in Offline Dynasty you can set the weather for the games before the season starts? or what? :sick:

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Does this mean in Offline Dynasty you can set the weather for the games before the season starts? or what? :sick:

Wha?

What makes you think that?

RussellWilson
05-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Wha?

What makes you think that?

To be honest I don't even know what I'm talking about.:smh:

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 09:50 PM

:D

OK.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 09:53 PM

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/everclear.jpg

:o

morsdraconis
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Here's a question that kinda has to do with Teambuilder stuff, but is more related to dynasty stuff and the coaching carousel (that HuskerBlitz asked in the Dynasty Q&A but no one ever answered so I thought I'd bring it over here as well since I'd very much like to get a solid answer on how it all works):

Say I take a teambuilder team and import them into NCAA and then create a coach with the Coaching Carousel on and all that (so that there are contracts and all that). Then, after two years of shitty playing and all (cause I'm trying to build the team up from as shitty as possible and all that) I get fired. Will I be stuck having to work my way back to getting back to my Teambuilder team or will I be able to create a new coach (like you could in '11) and just continue on from there if I'd like?

Yes, it seems counterintuitive since the whole thing with Coaching Carousel is changing places and having to work your way around the nation from school and to school and so on, but it would kinda suck to not be able to use Coaching Carousel with my Teambuilder team dynasty because of the fear of getting fired and all.

japino25
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
after are road to glory career, can we become a coach in dynasty using our road to glory character like in the ps2 version?

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Here's a question that kinda has to do with Teambuilder stuff, but is more related to dynasty stuff and the coaching carousel (that HuskerBlitz asked in the Dynasty Q&A but no one ever answered so I thought I'd bring it over here as well since I'd very much like to get a solid answer on how it all works):

Say I take a teambuilder team and import them into NCAA and then create a coach with the Coaching Carousel on and all that (so that there are contracts and all that). Then, after two years of shitty playing and all (cause I'm trying to build the team up from as shitty as possible and all that) I get fired. Will I be stuck having to work my way back to getting back to my Teambuilder team or will I be able to create a new coach (like you could in '11) and just continue on from there if I'd like?

Yes, it seems counterintuitive since the whole thing with Coaching Carousel is changing places and having to work your way around the nation from school and to school and so on, but it would kinda suck to not be able to use Coaching Carousel with my Teambuilder team dynasty because of the fear of getting fired and all.

That's exactly what Joshua and myself are wondering. I don't think it has been answered in an absolute however.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
For those wondering, I just got the following clarification regarding the ability to create a new coach mid-dynasty and stay at the school you just got fired from (the NSU TeamBuilder question)...

...in an offline dynasty you can still create new human controlled coaches inside of the dynasty and assign them to the team you want, so if they get fired as the head coach of their created school, they can "retire" that coach and create a new coach to take over the reins of their created school.

In an online dynasty you can do it as well, but it might require an additional step from the commish (depending on what they have set for everyone's initial job prestige/position). If you get fired from your 6-star created school, you can quit the dynasty and rejoin, but if the commish has it set so that all new coaches have to start as a 1-star coordinator, they will need to go into dynasty setup and edit that initial job setting so that you can take back your job at your created school.

Thank you to Ben Haumiller for clearing this up for the community.

morsdraconis
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Yay!

Thank you steelerfan! That's GREAT news!

psuexv
05-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Yay!

:smh: The rapture might not have happened on Saturday but it is coming soon..... you two keep agreeing on everything.

morsdraconis
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM
:smh: The rapture might not have happened on Saturday but it is coming soon..... you two keep agreeing on everything.

We can't disagree on EVERYTHING.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Yay!

I'm telling you....they've formed a BROMANCE! :fp:

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you SF that is really de-stressing news for sure. I thought we were gonna have some heads a rollin'.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I just asked the question. It was Ben who took the time to answer it. ;)

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
We can't disagree on EVERYTHING.

Says YOU!!! :D

cmoney7463
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
so no 16 user controlled mega conferences in online dynasty?

gschwendt
05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
so no 16 user controlled mega conferences in online dynasty?
No... still limited to 12 teams in Online Dynasty.

baseballplyrmvp
05-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Along with the physical appearance edits – options include polo, shirt, suit, sweater vest, visor, and glasses - what about hawaiian shirts? :D

ram29jackson
05-24-2011, 11:40 PM
what about hawaiian shirts? :D

sweat jacket/ wind breaker ?

gschwendt
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Not sure best place to put this but Ben Haumiller will be on the @EANCAAFootball (http://twitter.com/#!/eancaafootball) twitter account this afternoon answering questions. You can go ahead and start asking questions now and he'll begin answering at 3pm ET.

coogrfan
05-25-2011, 03:38 PM
A couple of things from Ben H's chat today that I thought were particularly interesting:

"yes, you'll notice option CPU QBs taking off. I played against the CPU last night and Baylor's QB ran 14 times for 100+ YDs."

:)

200 custom sounds! Confirmed!

:))

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
"yes, you'll notice option CPU QBs taking off. I played against the CPU last night and Baylor's QB ran 14 times for 100+ YDs."

that i LOVE the sound of... im banking on a super difficult set of sliders for gameplay, heisman recruiting, and the OD experience will be super fun as you struggle vs the hard sliders may cost you your job...

i just see too much stuff on the sites everywhere from people WHO HAVE BEGGED and DEMANDED this feature that are scared to death to get fired or lose their job... lol too funny

"E"

steelerfan
05-26-2011, 12:37 PM
i just see too much stuff on the sites everywhere from people WHO HAVE BEGGED and DEMANDED this feature that are scared to death to get fired or lose their job... lol too funny

Kwizzy
05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I haven't really posted anything in regards to the information that has come out in the past few weeks yet. I've been out of town & also, the majority of my time with the game was spent with gameplay & custom playbooks, so others can, and have, answer your questions about some of that better than I. That being said, here are some tidbits from my POV:

-Coaching Carousel has never been high on my personal wish list, though I do completely understand why it is for some people and am happy it made it in this year. That being said, I think what they have done with the feature this year is a very solid base. I don't think I am out of line saying, more than anything in discussing this with the devs you get the impression that their goal was to introduce a feature that added quite a bit to the game this year, but more than anything, lays the groundwork to build on in the proper manner for the future. Believe me when I say that the feature as it stands this year is in no way their final goal, it is a well thought out base that adds to the game this year while building for the future. Please don't take this as saying that the feature as it stands this year isn't a HUGE addition, it most definitely is. It is going to be really fun to see how people's dynastys evolve as their coaches progress. Great stuff!

-I think I can speak for most of the CD attendees when I say that Custom Conferences were the HOLY CRAP moment for most of us at the first event. It was something that none of us really expected in the first place & it was also ridiculously impressive to see how well thought out and executed the feature was. The detail of what you can customize & adjust in just the first iteration of this feature was stunning to us all.

-As I said before, Custom Playbooks are where I spent most of my time outside of gameplay and they are very well done. The ease of use is impressive, as is the size of the playbooks. Overall a great feature!

Please ask any questions you may have, though I'm sure most have been answered as best as possible.

morsdraconis
05-26-2011, 02:13 PM

I want to lose my job if it's not my Teambuilder dynasty. But for my Teambuilder dynasty, why would I want to lose my job for a team that I plan on staying with for years and years?

Kwizzy
05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I want to lose my job if it's not my Teambuilder dynasty. But for my Teambuilder dynasty, why would I want to lose my job for a team that I plan on staying with for years and years?

Maybe this has already been hashed out, I'm just jumping in to the middle of this here but, you can turn coaching contracts off when you start your dynasty. Now I understand that then you are missing out on seeing where other coaches go and whatnot so maybe that's the issue. Just making sure you were aware you could do that though.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-26-2011, 03:07 PM

turn off the coaching carousel... or dont get fired? that would be the 2 best choices that i would go with...

"E"

steelerfan
05-26-2011, 03:17 PM

You can still create another coach and then take your TB school over again. It would be pretty unrealistic to think you can use CC but never be affected by it.

Jayrah
05-26-2011, 03:28 PM
You can still create another coach and then take your TB school over again. It would be pretty unrealistic to think you can use CC but never be affected by it.

Yup just think of it as an AD mode for users.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Deuce
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Hell, I'm kinda hoping I get fired! That would be great. That would mean I've got my work cut out for me. :)

steelerfan
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Hell, I'm kinda hoping I get fired! That would be great. That would mean I've got my work cut out for me. :)

morsdraconis
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, what I meant was, I want to use the Coaching Carousel. Absolutely. It's the 3nd best feature implemented EVER for the game (outside of the Teambuilder interface, and, hopefully, custom playbooks) so I absolutely want to use it all the time and I have no problem getting fired and having to create another coach to take over the reins of the team. That doesn't bother me either. The worried part was not being able to do that for my Teambuilder dynasty. That's what I was worried about.

Kwizzy
05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I gotcha, thanks for explaining. Sounds like you should be able to do everything you need to then right?

morsdraconis
05-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I gotcha, thanks for explaining. Sounds like you should be able to do everything you need to then right?

Yup. With being able to create another HC and assign him to the team manually (or maybe even promote from within and just take control of a new coach), everything is good on the coaching carousel front.

Jayrah
05-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Any word on how special teams plays out as Coordinator? As OC do you play the return game and FGs, and watch the punts/kickoffs? And vice versa for DC?

Or do you just watch all special teams plays? Or do you just play all special teams plays?

Solidice
05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Any word on how special teams plays out as Coordinator? As OC do you play the return game and FGs, and watch the punts/kickoffs? And vice versa for DC?

Or do you just watch all special teams plays? Or do you just play all special teams plays?

I imagine the special team plays that are in the offensive playbook will be playable for the OC, same for the defensive playbook and the DC.

psusnoop
05-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I imagine the special team plays that are in the offensive playbook will be playable for the OC, same for the defensive playbook and the DC.

That's what I'm assuming as well Solidice.

cdj
05-28-2011, 12:02 AM

When I played as Akron OC last week, I did not make the calls on 4th down or ST decisions. In my mind, I took that as the head coach making those calls.

Rudy
05-28-2011, 05:12 AM
When I played as Akron OC last week, I did not make the calls on 4th down or ST decisions. In my mind, I took that as the head coach making those calls.

It would be hilarious if you were doing a lousy job as OC and the head coach took the play calls away from you for a series.

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2011, 05:25 AM
It would be hilarious if you were doing a lousy job as OC and the head coach took the play calls away from you for a series.

That would be hilarious, and awesome.

JeffHCross
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
-I think I can speak for most of the CD attendees when I say that Custom Conferences were the HOLY CRAP moment for most of us at the first event. It was something that none of us really expected in the first placeYou can say that again. I had planned to write up a full design document the first night we were in town, with my "dream" Custom Conference feature. And they got every single aspect I planned to put in the design doc -- and it was already in the game. I was stunned. Absolutely floored.

Rudy
05-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Custom conferences always have me thinking of whether I want to go realistic or have some fun - like adding Notre Dame or Pittsburgh to the Big 10 and dropping Indiana.

WolverineJay
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah Rudy, I'm torn on the custom conference idea as well. I think most of my Dynasties will be set up just like real life, but I definitely will try to play at least one with a bunch of 16 team super conferences(Big 10, Big 12, ACC, SEC, and PAC 12).