PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition - June 28, 2011

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/05/oblivion5thyear530.jpg

I'm pretty stoked for this, will put a pre-order link up on Amazon once it comes out, but it will be $30 and include a $10 coupon for Skyrim. I definitely wanna play through this again before Skyrim, and I'm assuming the PS3 version will have trophies for the first time. It's definitely one of my favorite RPG's of all time.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2Bw5RqNgmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 09:49 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91h-5Ap6YzL._AA1500_.jpg

This image could be wrong, but cautiously optimistic that it will have trophies.

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
30 dollars and a 10 dollar coupon? Bought. I've been wanting to play this forever, since watching my friend run around for hours. I just never pulled the trigger...I get in stores and start second guessing myself about buying games.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
30 dollars and a 10 dollar coupon? Bought. I've been wanting to play this forever, since watching my friend run around for hours. I just never pulled the trigger...I get in stores and start second guessing myself about buying games.

For the trophy whore in me, I'm only getting it if it has PSN trophies....else I'll stick with trying to finish Obivion on 360. For those that don't know, I was 70+ hours into Oblivion on my first run when my place was broken into and PS3 & HDTV were stolen :mad:

I restarted another run and got 40+ hours into it and just never came back. Then bought it on 360, and am just barely into the beginning. I think I'm only as far as meeting Jaffre at the Prinery.

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
If you've played it that many times I'm sure it's worth picking up.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 08:32 PM
If you've played it that many times I'm sure it's worth picking up.

Yeah it is probably my favorite RPG of all time. I have put over 120 hours into it overall I think. And probably will tack on another 40 or so if I can finally restart and beat the game; which I want to try to do before 11/11/11.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
My problem is I say another 40, but the side quests and groups are so much fun to do, there is no way I can stay on the straight line of the main story.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah it is probably my favorite RPG of all time. I have put over 120 hours into it overall I think. And probably will tack on another 40 or so if I can finally restart and beat the game; which I want to try to do before 11/11/11.

I have the GotY edition but I can't play it for crap. It's the very definition of a game that's "too big" for it's own good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gschwendt
05-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I have the GotY edition but I can't play it for crap. It's the very definition of a game that's "too big" for it's own good.
Agreed... I rented it once and bought it two times (ridiculously cheap) and in all of those attempts to play it, I haven't come close to beating it. Just far too much to do and too many storylines to follow. Add to the fact that I built up a character high enough in one of the DLC but then when he went out in the world to do story specific quests, I'd get my ass handed to me.

I OU a Beatn
05-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I'd almost bet it doesn't have trophies. It's not a remastered version, they basically took the game and the DLC packs and put it on one disc and are re-releasing it to garner even more attention for Skyrim. I might get it for 360 since it's supposed to be fairly limited and I never got around to beating it the first time.

oweb26
05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd almost bet it doesn't have trophies. It's not a remastered version, they basically took the game and the DLC packs and put it on one disc and are re-releasing it to garner even more attention for Skyrim. I might get it for 360 since it's supposed to be fairly limited and I never got around to beating it the first time.

Fairly limited in what regards? I can speak from experience, if the game is not remastered, then you need to pick it up or back up on PS3. It was glitchy and buggy as all hell on the 360, it plays a little better on the PS3 than on the 360.

Now in that same sense if its not remastered why not just buy the GOTY and call it a day? You are only missing like two DLC packs and its probably cheaper to get that at this point in time than waiting on the anniversary edition.

oweb26
05-25-2011, 10:02 AM

I have gotten lost so many times in the game, I just always quit. Game is entirely too big, and I have a life.

morsdraconis
05-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Here's the thing about Oblivion, because of their retarded leveling system (where EVERY monster levels up to the same level as you), it's actually a bad thing to go beyond level 9 or 10 in the game (where, at that point, you have enough hitpoints to do what you need to do to beat the game).

The reason why G leveled way up and then got his ass kicked was because everything else leveled way up with him. Not to mention, because of their retarded leveling system, you have to be careful to get +5s in everything when you level up, or you're just completely gimping yourself when you do level up.

Short and sweet, the leveling system in Oblivion is the dumbest thing ever and if they continue to do it like that in Skyrim (all indications are that it's very similar), then, once again, anything outside of the PC version of the game is a ginormous waste of time (since, with the PC version, you can download mods that fix their dumbass way of leveling up).

DariusLock
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I think Mors just talked me outta this game. See what I'm talking about second guessing myself lmao.

I OU a Beatn
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Fairly limited in what regards? I can speak from experience, if the game is not remastered, then you need to pick it up or back up on PS3. It was glitchy and buggy as all hell on the 360, it plays a little better on the PS3 than on the 360.

Now in that same sense if its not remastered why not just buy the GOTY and call it a day? You are only missing like two DLC packs and its probably cheaper to get that at this point in time than waiting on the anniversary edition.

Limited as in only a certain number of copies are being made for the 5th anniversary, so it'll probably be hard to find if you don't buy it within the first week or so.

DariusLock
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
UPDATE on this. You have to buy the Skyrim guide also in order to get the 10$ off which sucks to me.

souljahbill
05-25-2011, 07:38 PM
UPDATE on this. You have to buy the Skyrim guide also in order to get the 10$ off which sucks to me.

The GotY guide is an encyclopedia.

DariusLock
05-26-2011, 11:45 AM
You gotta buy the guide for Skyrim when you get it in order to get 10$ and that probably covers just the guide. So basically you buy the game and get a free guide?

JBHuskers
06-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Bad news for the trophy whores :fdown: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/107954-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-5th-anniversary-edition-8.html#post1864773

But if you've never played it before, it is a must own IMO.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Decided to sell my GOTY 360 version (which got me $21) and bought the 5th anniversary edition for 360.

I had restarted this game a few months back, enough to get out of the jail basically.

I was caught up on my OD's last night and caught up on Rescue Me and Big Brother, so I put this game in, and it sucked me in for 2.5 hours :nod:

I never did finish this game so I'm going to try to just focus on the main story and try to get that beat before Skyrim comes out.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 10:13 AM
WOW

Raptr users have played 78843 hours of this game in the last month.

That's insane for a game that's five years old.

JBHuskers
09-23-2011, 08:53 AM
A fan put together this Oblivion book of all of the books that are found in the game.... (http://gamerfront.net/2011/09/oblivion-texts-get-bound-into-one-epic-tome/12324)

This is insane...

oweb26
09-23-2011, 10:24 AM
That is very time consuming...that is all I could think of when i say it.