PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy - Sim Style Dynasty - Work up Coaching Ladder - No Cheese

Colossal28
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Console & League name - (360) The Legacy
League Difficulty: Heisman
Teams available/custom conference layout: Low Caliber Teams to Start, Real Life Conferences
Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): 3 Days/Game
Scheduling: freewebs.com/diabolicole
Rules: Sim style. NO CHEESE. Try to mimic real life

Pure Fans, Pure Dynasty – The Legacy

Gentlemen, if you’re reading this it’s likely because you’re interested in a dynasty that focuses on mimicking real life as much as we can while accepting that NCAA is a game and in the end we want to have fun. That said, if you can bear through reading the entirety of our philosophy in both selecting members and the running of the OD, then you might just be a great match for us.
Game:
1. Team Change – We start with low caliber schools and work up
2. Sliders – TBD, we handcraft sliders to maximize challenge and fairness.
3. QTR – Historically 6-7 Mins
4. Deadline – 3 Full Days for each game
5. Commissioner: Colossal28/TheCheat22 (Central Time FYI)
Philosophy
1. No Cheese – this is our #1 goal in our dynasty. Nothing is more poisonous to a solid dynasty than users who exploit the game, where’s the fun in running one play on offense 90% of the game, or throwing to your HB in the flats (granted they claim this has been dealt with) to make him by far the leading receiver on your team? It’s stuff like this we try to monitor and simply won’t allow. If anybody cheats, they’re gone. Typically this is discovered via user games, for instance we had a guy that used the onside kick glitch during a user game to keep possession during the 4th quarter, come on. That said, we also don’t want people complaining after every single user game that so and so cheated because there’s no way that he could get 120 yards on the ground against him team, or his WR’s were catching everything, we’ve heard it all before, learn to lose with dignity. That brings us to our next point,

2. Good Sportsmanship – this is nearly as important as not cheesing for us. It’s hard to explain but we all know it, so stay with me. We want quality guys, not the guys you see on TV playing madden, yelling in each other’s faces about how much they dominate. The fun of the dynasty is the competition, not obnoxious gloating. However, there’s nothing wrong with rivalry and smack talk, there’s just a difference between the fun of a rivalry and the annoyance of a D-bag in the dynasty. Everybody should say good game after they play, regardless of how mad you are that Broyles just pulled in a one handed catch that looked impossible to put the game away. We’re not saying no smack talk, there’s just no way to quantify good sportsmanship, just win/lose with a little maturity and dignity and have fun, and not be a jerk. If this is a problem for you or upsets you in any way, don’t join us.

3. Play in the Deadline/Stay in the Game – this is a problem after about a month, when the new sheen isn’t as shiny as it was the day the game came out. It’s about this time when we start to weed out guys who just wanted to play for a season vs the guys who really love the game. Our dynasty is set up to be long term, not a quick fix in between Call of Duty games, so please plan on that or try your best to.

a. Deadlines – We have a 3 Day Rule. I will always move the dynasty in the AM. This means that you have the full day of the move +2 days to get your game in. For example, I move the Week on Monday at 7AM, you then have Mon, Tue, Wed to play, the week will move on Thur in the AM. Always a 3 day rule. We’ve had to tighten this up due to too many people taking advantage of a more flexible system. We’ll always move the week if everyone is done playing their games**. This means do your recruiting at the same time. We’ll never wait an extra day for someone to recruit. If you have a legit reason to slow the dynasty and get an extra it needs to be real and acceptable to all.

b. User Games – User games are the most fun and most competitive part of OD, so we want everyone to have fun and compete. DO NOT QUIT USER GAMES. Unless something uncontrollable happens, you cannot quit these games. Excuses rarely sound legit, especially when you’re losing/about to lose. We’ll carefully consider what happened and if the opposing player is ok with it, begin the game again, often as close to where you left as possible.

c. Focus – We want this dynasty to be your bread and butter. We would like to discourage guys who have multiple dynasties from joining. We’ve had several people join in the past who are in upwards of 4-5 dynasties, then they start to lose, or they begin to pick their favorites due to time constraints. Naturally this ruins the dynasty. The goal is to have a group that stays together, not a revolving door.

4. Ideally

a. We’re looking for people above the age of 23, who have enough maturity to take this serious and help us make it as fun as possible. You don’t have to be on 24/7 If you have a job/family there’s no problem, we won’t harass you, but make sure you can play on time to keep the dynasty alive and thriving. Also, we like to think we’re fairly competitive in the world of players, so if you’ve never played or are not as skilled, you might not have as much fun with us. Finally, we only have guidelines/rules to make the dynasty as fun as possible with as little issue as possible. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and if this is right for you, join up while there’s room!

Please Post: Gamertag, Age, Location, and a little bit about yourselft. We're trying to be picky.

Colossal28
05-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Currently we have 3 Users in the Dynasty, leaving 9 Spots Remaining.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 08:05 AM
I like everything I'm seeing here. Looking for a solid long running dynasty to join. I have no problem with playing realistically, and I play with Marshall and Marshall only. Last year they had dipped to a 2 star prestige, so if that's low enough caliber for you then I'm set. As for sportsmanship...it's the Herd haha. The program has been in decline since Pruett left in the early 2000's, and our game ratings show. It generally takes me 3-4 seasons before I have a decent top 25 program again, so I'm fine taking my lumps to begin with. But I expect to compete, do well against the CPU, and steal (not cheat, but surprise lol) a few games I shouldn't vs users. The three day window is perfect, with the web integration getting games and recruiting in should be no issue.

Tag: D4YW4LK3R86
Team: Marshall
Been Playing NCAA Since: 1998

Colossal28
05-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Sounds perfect Daywalker, I'll put your name on the list. We'll be using coach contracts, but if you want to stay at Marshall that's totally fine, they should definitely be on the selectable teams I think, all due respect haha.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Yea, I don't see myself taking any other jobs haha. If I understand correctly we are starting as OC or DC? Or did you mean coaching ladder to be just starting at a lower tier school?
I've got a thread out checking for openings in OD's, but if this one is going to happen I'll pull it as I am looking for that one 'bread and butter' league to be in.

No disrespect taken hah.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Also are you planning on doing dynasty reporting similar to what we see here on the forums?
Or leaving it strictly on dynasty wire?

Colossal28
05-25-2011, 09:35 AM
We'll discuss starting as an OC/DC/HC as we start to fill up more, there's pro's/con's of both sides. Either way, starting as a low caliber coach at a low caliber school has always been our credo.

We usually do most of our discussion on our dynasty site, to help keep everything organized and easy to find, on the site we usually have forums devoted to reporting games/recruiting/rivalries or anything else you want to discuss. Thecheat and I are both really good at checking our site for any questions/comments.

I don't typically do in depth reporting as I have a full time job and a wife, and if I took the time to do that I'd probably end up with neither haha. Although I used to spend hours updating stats etc on the site, it seemed that nobody was even looking after a couple weeks, and for that much work it's got to be involved. I have no problem with anyone else taking the initiative to help keep the dynasty up to date and informed on other users though, that's a great thing for user involvement.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Haha I read you man.
I will check out the site sometime today.
We will see if we can't make this happen.

Colossal28
05-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Also, we typically try to get referrals to the OD as much as possible, if you have another guy that you know would fit and stay for the long haul, try to get him interested.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I can do that. I have one in particular in mind. I'll run it by him and see if he wants to join as well.

TheCheat22
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Excited to have you daywalker. Hopefully we fill up soon. We are a very competitive bunch, but we focus on long term and realism.

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
That's what I'm looking for guys. Is everyone in this dynasty but me a OU fan? haha

Colossal28
05-25-2011, 12:14 PM
haha could end up that way, Cheat and I are both alumni at OU, our other member who is on the list but hasn't fully confirmed his spot is an FSU fan, needless to say we've had great banter with him over the last/upcoming games between OU/FSU

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
HAHA that would be great to have in the dynasty!

Speaking of which....do you guys require a certain number of user/user games? Set out home and home series? Or just kind of go with the flow?

Colossal28
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
We do, we generally try to fit at least 3, no less than 2 user games a season. It all comes down to conference schedules, basically we do this

1) Evaluate how many user games we can fit based on conferences
2) Randomly select opponents
3) Randomly select who will be home/away, we always do a Home/Away series
4) After the 2 year series, we reevaluate how many games we can have and then the whole process again

Daywalker86
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
That's good enough for me. Everyone rolling with low caliber teams to start makes me feel better about those first few years with the Herd haha

Justin66
06-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I would like to join this my gt is JCASH66 my work schedue is 4 pm to 1 am idk if that will be a problem but as far as a team if you could move south alabama into a confrence ill take them if not then uab.

mounds
06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
this sounds ideal. i'm nowhere near the best player around, but i dont mind losses. i love to build bad teams into decent teams. i'd love a spot if you've got one. i'll take SJSU if available.

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
JCASH, unfortunately with user games, it would seem you're work schedule would not fit in, you were actually in our dynasty last year and had some deadline issues, I hope you find a dynasty that fits your tough schedule, I don't dont think it's this one, sorry man.

Colossal28
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Remember to tell us a little about yourself guys, we are trying to find the best group possible with like minded guys.

Mounds, we randomly select an order and then use that to select our teams, so you'll have to wait till then to pick a team. Could you tell us a little about yourself?

mounds
06-02-2011, 11:28 AM
gt fondaspeedway. i'm currently in the process of visiting EVERY FBS football stadium. so in the fall on weekends i'm usually on a plane heading to some part of the country to catch a game. i do the 8-4 drill during the week, and play my xbox at night.

i got you on how to select a team. i'm sure sjsu (1-12) will probably still be around. lol

mounds
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
oh, yeah

Been Playing NCAA Since: 2008

Colossal28
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
That sounds like a pretty sweet trip, how many stadiums have you made it to so far? Favorite?

I'll mark your spot in the dynasty

mounds
06-03-2011, 07:58 AM
thanks for the spot. :) i've been to 9 army-navy doesn't count as a stadium, but what an event! blogging it at 120tickets.com. site isn't ready yet, but i have 3 months. favorite stadium to date was SJSU. Army doesn't really count, because i have season there. west point is an amazing place to catch a game if you ever get a chance.

TheCheat22
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Sounds amazing mounds, I'm jealous. We're glad to have you. We've got 7 spots left. Let's fill them before 12 hits the shelves!

mounds
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM
it really is. i'm lucky to be doing it. it'll take 10-12 years to get them all, but well worth it!

Justin66
06-08-2011, 09:57 AM
bring some cooler weather if you happen to come to alabama this fall

mounds
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
lol! i'll try. hopefully the rain will stay away. i will ask a buddy of mine if he is interested in this league.

Colossal28
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Great Mounds, like I said before, we love getting solid referrals

Colossal28
06-10-2011, 02:28 PM
UPDATE: 7 Spots Remain

Colossal28
06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Update: 5 Spots remain

mounds
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
guess we're still at 5. my buddy is into "big" scools and dominating. this has no appeal. wow. different strokes, eh?

Colossal28
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
sure is, nobody likes to lose, but it's more than likely going to happen in this league.

Daywalker86
06-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't expect my Defense to stop anyone haha

mounds
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if i got fired. lol

Colossal28
06-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Update: 1 Spot Remains

mounds
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
great! so we're moving along. looking forward to starting.

Colossal28
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Mounds, you might want to jump over to our dynasty site and check in, we have had quite a bit of activity over there since filling out, and it would appease some of the other guys if you made a couple posts. Thanks, C

Tarron1975
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm n ...I wnt wash st

Colossal28
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Tarron, did you read through the entirety of the listing? We asked that you post a little about yourself. We don't pick teams until the overall ratings are released. You won't be in by simple saying I'm in.

mounds
06-27-2011, 09:21 AM
ok. bouncing over there now.

Colossal28
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Update: No Spots Left

If you want to leave your GT and a short description of yourself. We'll put you on a waiting list. We have about 2 guys who are questionable at this point.

TBB
07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey I know you guys said you're all filled up, but I just want to put my name on the waiting list.

Gamertag: TheBaron51
Age: 22 (Hope this isn't a problem, if it is, just let me know, won't hurt my feelings. :P )
About myself: I'm a native of Ohio and can remember the dreaded John Cooper years, so I understandably revere the departed Jim Tressel. Been playing NCAA forever, all the way back when it was on the PS1. I'm new to Online Dynasties (again, hope this isn't a problem but just say if it is, I don't wanna impose) but not online play. I know it might be a bit presumptuous to have this be my first OD, but the way I see it, I want to start with a good group, and this thread certainly looks like it. Plus the SIM style, sans cheese, realism definitely appeals to me. And with the coaching progression is definitely something I want. But again, let me know if you'd rather I have more OD experience under my belt and I'll bow out.

As to questions: Whats your guys stance on custom playbooks? Also, have you guys made a determination on whether or not you'll be starting this off as a coordinators or Head Coaches? (I know it's a low star/prestige affair to start, which appeals to me).

Thanks a lot, let me know if you think I can hop on the waiting list.

jmiles562000
07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I also know that yall are full but i wanna put my name on the list.

My name is Jarvis Miles

Gamertag: jmiles562000

About myself: I love college and pro football! I always had admirations on coaching and if god willing, i will achieve it one day. NCAA football and madden was my way of coach or general manger. i love this game and i wanna enjoy it with a great group of guys!

Colossal28
07-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, you both sound like great additions, thanks for adding your name to the mix. I'll let you know if we have any late drops and we'll get you in if we do.

TBB
07-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey guys, you both sound like great additions, thanks for adding your name to the mix. I'll let you know if we have any late drops and we'll get you in if we do.

Awesome, appreciate it! My gamertag ( TheBaron51 ) will probably be the best way to get a hold of me.

Cweed92
07-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi guys the name is cory i am 18 yea i know to young for yalls leauge umm i live in amarillo texas but was born and raised in oklahoma untill last year :( so yep i am a big oklahoma fan just wanted to say i am mature for my age i am a high school graduate i love playing real and not fakeing crap hope yall think i am an okay fit i would love to play with yall and i would go by the rules and everything i have read over it twice. thanks guys if you all read this

hope yall understand my writeing

Cweed92
07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
now that i see that yall have a waiting list my gt is Pirate1997 my lil cousin put that on there and i have never felt changing it but just wanted to put my name on the waitin list

Colossal28
07-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Baron, we've had a spot free up and you're in! I'll pm you too so you can be sure to get in, we are in preseason right now and most likely advancing tonight. You need to pick a team that is rated overall of 72 or less. Look forward to having you!