PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

Pages : [1] 2

gschwendt
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
None of the community event attendees will be able to discuss further until Monday, however feel free to get an early start on asking your questions that you'd like to see us answer.

Answers begin on page 3 (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2216-Dynasty-Info-Q-amp-A-thread&p=60804&viewfull=1#post60804).

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
One I can remember being asked right off the bat. Sharing edited coaches.

souljahbill
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Do you still have to swap teams out so that a Teambuilder team can be in a dynasty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingpin32
05-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Are custom rivalries in?

saunders45
05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Can you make changes to the dynasty after starting? I.E. change conferences around, or change the amount of conference games after a few years?

WolverineJay
05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I got a bunch for coaching carousel:

1) What are all the ratings that coaches have?
2) Do coaches have ratings that can be edited(before and during Dynasty)?
3) Do the coach ratings impact my players during gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?
4) Do coaches have an impact on player development or is it still tied to your team prestige?
5) Do coach ratings impact recruiting or is it like before based off of your team prestige?
6) Does the game create new head coaches and coordinators every year? Can we create new coaches during Dynasty like we can prospects?
7) Is the entire pool of coaches available in the off-season or are we offered limited choices based on our playbook styles?
8) As a head coach can we designate playcalling duties to one or both of our coordinators and limit the side of the ball we can play on the field?
9) How is the sorting feature for available coaches? Alphabetical? By prestige? By ratings? By Age? By Playbook style?
10) How do custom playbooks tie into this new feature?
11) On gameday do coaches have ability to make an impact during timeouts like last gen? How about half-time adjustments?
12) How difficult are the goals to achieve in order to progress from a low D prestige coach to a highly sought after A prestige coach?
13) How quickly can we progress from a D prestige to an A prestige? One letter grade improvement max or can we make huge strides in just a year or 2?
14) If our coordinators contract is up do we have first dibs on re-signing him or is he automatically added to the pool of available coaches?
15) How does recruiting work with being a coordinator? In other words are we limited to offensive recruits if we are an OC?
16) What is the maximum and minimum length of contract for HC? OC? DC?
17) How is the progression system for the coach ratings? Is it stat based? W-L based? Awards based? Age based? Team prestige based?

Other Dynasty questions:
1) Medical redshirts?
2) Spring game?
3) Off-season drills?
4) Homecoming game?
5) Heisman presentation show?
6) Scouting feature during recruiting?
7) In-season progression?
8) Dynamic player ratings from week to week like Madden?
9) More accurate sim stats?
10) Senior day/night?
11) Create or lose rivalries?
12) HS All-American Bowl with ESPN top 150?
13) Senior Bowl?
14) Designate Impact players and team captains?
15) Full editing of existing players during a Dynasty?
16) Editing of recruits in Dynasty?
17) Changes or improvements to the slot machine recruiting system?
18) National signing day show with player announcements from a select group of top recruits?
19) Can we update our Stadiums over the course of a Dynasty? Specifically the ability to change the seating capacity of the stadium? Change the field color? Endzone and Midfield art? Field type (grass, field turf, art. turf)?

Deuce
05-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Can you hire/fire your coordinators as a HC?

DariusLock
05-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Can you just pick HC/OC/DC?
When you're the head coach do you have more assistants than DC/OC and do you fire/hire DC/OC's while you're the head of the team?
Do playbooks travel with a coach?
Anything else new and cool in Dynasty Mode?

EDIT: I looked at the photos and it looks like only HC/OC/DC are in the game. So based on that and the photos do you get a chance to counter offer people? Like on one of the screenshots it said Stanford's OC was hired as the HC at Penn State so they had to hire the OC from Arkansas whose contract expired. Do you get a chance to offer them an extension or anything else maybe make them HC in waiting if you have a tenured coach?

This all has me pretty pumped about Dynasty.

BPHusker
05-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Are conference invites finally added to Online Dynasty?
Have medical redshirts been added?
How does sharing coaches work? Could someone enter all the coaches names and would I have to download each coach one by one or could I just download the file and it would have all of the changes for every coach?
Is there any new commentary that refers to the HC, OC or DC?
Will future conference moves happen automatically (IE, TCU to Big East in 2012, etc)?

gschwendt
05-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Can you have duplicate numbers (Offense/Defense)?
Can you do roster editing online?
The two that are bolded aren't really Dynasty questions.

BPHusker
05-19-2011, 02:21 PM
The two that are bolded aren't really Dynasty questions.
Fixed. :)

gschwendt
05-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Fixed. :)
Don't worry though, as soon as we have the green light to discuss anything & everything, we'll do our best to answer everyone's questions similar to last year.

Gotmadskillzson
05-19-2011, 02:31 PM
1. Will the OC/DC have ratings that impact game play, like ratings in teaching, offensive knowledge, defensive knowledge, etc ?

2. Can you fire your OC/DC ?

3. Do playbooks follow the OC/DC ?

4. Lets say you hired your rival's OC/DC. Does the commentary make mention of this during dynasty ?

Deuce
05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Not an important question...just wondering how it will all work with Teambuilder. I assume you'll swap your TB team then edit coach? ...or I wonder if this will be a TB update. Adding all the edit coach functions to the Tb site?

joshuahuskers
05-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Is there still an option in dynasty mode to create a new coach as time goes on? Or, perhaps a better option, if I get fired in my dynasty, can I continue to play with the same school as a new coach? I want to be able to remain with one team throughout my dynasty, but still have coaching changes (fire my coach, have him retire, and hire new ones)

Pig Bomb
05-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm most interested in the recruits. What are incoming freshman ratings...how many blue chippers etc.
Gracias!

PeteyKirch
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Will the conferences automatically shift for the new teams coming in at the respective time? I.E TCU to the Big East in 2012.

Also, since we saw the SPARQ logo before, does that mean we will get a Stars and a Sparq Rating?

Pig Bomb
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Will the conferences automatically shift for the new teams coming in at the respective time? I.E TCU to the Big East in 2012.

Also, since we saw the SPARQ logo before, does that mean we will get a Stars and a Sparq Rating?

I used to do SPARQ testing on my players when I was a coach...that would be sweet!

Kingpin32
05-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Also, can we denote neutral site games and pick where we want them to be played at?

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Is there still an option in dynasty mode to create a new coach as time goes on? Or, perhaps a better option, if I get fired in my dynasty, can I continue to play with the same school as a new coach? I want to be able to remain with one team throughout my dynasty, but still have coaching changes (fire my coach, have him retire, and hire new ones)

THIS!

lsutig187
05-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Any added information on coaching carousel that isn't talked about by Monday. Such as:

1. Will coaches recruit to their style of play?

2. Does a coach's playbook and tendencies move with them?

3. Will there be other ratings for coaches besides prestige?

4. If so, are there different ratings for offense compared to defense?

5. Are new coaches added to the pool after old coaches retire?

6. Can coach "rosters" be edited and downloaded like player rosters?

7. Do prestige and other ratings increase or decrease depending on game performance?

Also, I'll throw in these question on recruiting and progression:

1. Do recruits, especially skill positions, have better speed, agility, acceleration, juke, and spin move compared to last year? These ratings seemed to be more random compared to the rest of the ratings? Do they reflect the base roster more?

2. Is cpu recruiting better about managing a team and getting quality players?

3. Any changes to player progression? Is it more based on performance now, like Madden is doing?

4. Are there actually good punters and kickers in the game after 4 years?

5. Are there hidden gems and future superstars who blow up at small schools?

6. Are there more quality 2* and 3 * recruits?

Thanks in advance!

brza37
05-20-2011, 03:56 AM
1. How does signing coaches work? Do you just get first dibs on any coach you want within your prestige range or is there bidding and a budget involved?
2. Do players gain an appropriate amount of height & weight during there careers? (No more 4* DEs coming in at 200lbs and graduating at 205)
3. Will we be allowed to have more than 120 teams in a dynasty through Teambuilder? Or will we still have to swap out one team for each Teambuilder team?

The rest of my questions have already been asked. Can't wait till monday.

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Who controls the playbook, The coordinators or the HC? Assuming it is a coordinator, is there a way for HC to keep the playbook if he fires the coordinator? Or do you have to hire the right guy for your system? How does the cpu logic play into that game?

With all of the different coaches coming in and moving out, will coaches have current team playbooks attatched to them via random or alma mater, or will all new coaches have a generic playbook?

Will new cpu coaches utilize custom playbooks within their selected style of offense/defense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

souljahbill
05-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Who controls the playbook, The coordinators or the HC? Assuming it is a coordinator, is there a way for HC to keep the playbook if he fires the coordinator? Or do you have to hire the right guy for your system? How does the cpu logic play into that game?

With all of the different coaches coming in and moving out, will coaches have current team playbooks attatched to them via random or alma mater, or will all new coaches have a generic playbook?

Will new cpu coaches utilize custom playbooks within their selected style of offense/defense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I was wondering this too. If I have custom playbooks, do I really need coordinators? If they don't have any kind of ratings or bonuses or whatnot, then coordinators would be simply cosmetic for a user team.

Deuce
05-20-2011, 08:27 AM
It'd be cool if they did co-op online. 12 people on 6 teams. Two on each team. 1 as oc and the other dc. It would be interesting as people got promoted and left for other schools. After time everyone would have their own team.

psuexv
05-20-2011, 11:06 AM
If there are coach ratings, does that affect recruiting, specifically the OC and DC ratings?

If you are a OC/DC do you recruit? If so do you recruit all players, just your side of the ball, or geographic as most is in real life?

kindella2
05-20-2011, 11:39 AM

3) Do the coach ratings impact my players during gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?
4) Do coaches have an impact on player development or is it still tied to your team prestige?
5) Do coach ratings impact recruiting or is it like before based off of your team prestige?
6) Does the game create new head coaches and coordinators every year? Can we create new coaches during Dynasty like we can prospects?
7) Is the entire pool of coaches available in the off-season or are we offered limited choices based on our playbook styles?
8) As a head coach can we designate playcalling duties to one or both of our coordinators and limit the side of the ball we can play on the field?
9) How is the sorting feature for available coaches? Alphabetical? By prestige? By ratings? By Age? By Playbook style?
11) On gameday do coaches have ability to make an impact during timeouts like last gen? How about half-time adjustments?
12) How difficult are the goals to achieve in order to progress from a low D prestige coach to a highly sought after A prestige coach?
13) How quickly can we progress from a D prestige to an A prestige? One letter grade improvement max or can we make huge strides in just a year or 2?
14) If our coordinators contract is up do we have first dibs on re-signing him or is he automatically added to the pool of available coaches?
15) How does recruiting work with being a coordinator? In other words are we limited to offensive recruits if we are an OC?
17) How is the progression system for the coach ratings? Is it stat based? W-L based? Awards based? Age based? Team prestige based?

Other Dynasty questions:
1) Medical redshirts?
2) Spring game?
3) Off-season drills?
4) Homecoming game?
10) Senior day/night?
13) Senior Bowl?
18) National signing day show with player announcements from a select group of top recruits?
19) Can we update our Stadiums over the course of a Dynasty? Specifically the ability to change the seating capacity of the stadium? Change the field color? Endzone and Midfield art? Field type (grass, field turf, art. turf)?

LOL. I think these are all the questions that i have. Except a non dyansty question of WHO is editing coaches?

joshuahuskers
05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Can you change which games are considered BCS games?

Pig Bomb
05-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Can you get rid of a conference... for example take all the teams in the Big 12 and put them in other conferences, thus ending the Big 12??
...or do all the conferences have to be kept alive with a minimum of 4 teams [which i read was the smallest number allowed].?????

Pantera1968
05-20-2011, 03:12 PM
It seems that there is much more flexibility with conferences at the beginning of the dynasty but I'm wondering if you can make conference changes once you are a few years into your dynasty. Maybe not all of the game scheduling minutia but just moving teams into or out of your conference based on how your dynasty is progressing.

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 03:14 PM
In a game on your cpu with the dots and all, will there be a play-clock that you'll have to adhere to in order to get your plays in and run on time, or is it a play as you can thing? Is there a pause button?

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 03:16 PM
It seems that there is much more flexibility with conferences at the beginning of the dynasty but I'm wondering if you can make conference changes once you are a few years into your dynasty. Maybe not all of the game scheduling minutia but just moving teams into or out of your conference based on how your dynasty is progressing.

I believe this has been answered as yes according to a screenshot or from the video.

souljahbill
05-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Here's a question for ya. You know how you can control 12 teams in dynasty, right? I assume you can start at any school as a coordinator but could I eventually get an OC and a DC working at the same school at the same time?

DariusLock
05-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Can you guys release info at midnight lol? What's the official time?

gschwendt
05-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Can you guys release info at midnight lol? What's the official time?
After EA releases their info... no set time but we're hopeful that it will be sometime that morning since it's already been announced to come out that day.

baseballplyrmvp
05-22-2011, 09:59 AM
how do the oc and dc affect recruiting (if at all)?

souljahbill
05-22-2011, 11:54 AM
It's Dynasty info eve!

jaymo76
05-22-2011, 04:13 PM
1. Can you choose the team captains AND impact players ala last gen???
2. Does the Natioal game of the week show up on the schedule every week?
3. If you are the OC/DC do you recruit each week? Does the cpu sim the opposite plays or do you watch them?
4. Does the cpu pull the starters in a blowout/pull the QB after 3-4 ints???
5. Spring game and/or ALL-AMERICAN game?
6. Heisman ceremony?
7. FCS? or FCS teambuilder to replace the generics?
8. Can you set the date/time for your home games?

joshuahuskers
05-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Can you adjust the number of conference games? I'm thinking of bumping the Big Ten to 14 for my teambuilder dynasty, but only if I can have 9 conference games.

Daywalker86
05-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I hope when I come back from lunch theres about 10 pages to sift through of dynasty info haha

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
At this time, we can answer questions regarding Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences, and general Dynasty information. We cannot discuss the new Dynasty Wire features.

One I can remember being asked right off the bat. Sharing edited coaches.
Coaches can be edited from the main menu and are saved as part of the roster file so when you share rosters, you're also sharing coaches.

Do you still have to swap teams out so that a Teambuilder team can be in a dynasty?
Yes. You are still limited to 120 teams in your dynasty.

Are custom rivalries in?
No. The only aspect of "protected rivalries" is to ensure that certain matchups are played every season when they're in separate divisions.

Can you make changes to the dynasty after starting? I.E. change conferences around, or change the amount of conference games after a few years?
Yes. After every season, you can make the same changes that you can at the start of the dynasty.

1) Prestige and Job Security
2) No
3) They do not effect during gameplay, however during simulations, the prestige rating does effect performance
4) Not certain for an answer on this... it was discussed with the developers but never received distinct confirmation.
5) The Prestige and Job Security ratings both factor as pitches but beyond that, they do not
6) Yes, during each offseason, new coaches are created to help fill openings that aren't filled by existing coaches. To my knowledge you can't create coaches during a dynasty.
7) If I understand the question correctly, all coaches are available for job openings. Having a similar playbook style is only a boost, not a prerequisite.
8) As the head coach, you have full control over all duties.
9) You can select coaches when editing by sorting via Conferences or Coach Type (HC, OC, DC).
10) When editing coaches, you can assign one of your custom playbooks to any of the coaches and once in dynasty, you can obviously change your own playbook as often as you choose.
11) No. That was essentially all transferred to the "Gameplanning" feature when it was introduced and obviously will carry over this year.
12) In one year, was able to go from Akron OC to offers from Baylor & Okie State to be OC. Did not play long enough to get top HC offers.
13) If you win the National Championship you can make a relatively large jump, but overall you aren't going to jump several letter grades in one year.
14) The school/Athletic Director handles the hiring/firings. You just worry about your own tasks.
15) Whether one of the Coordinators or the Head Coach, you are considered the "Recrutiing Coordinator" meaning you make all recruiting decisions. As cdj eluded to in his article, it leaves you with the decision to focus solely on your side of the ball or do what's best for the team as a whole
16) I believe it is 1-7 years, but you can be fired at anytime if you fail your goals.
17) Contracts are based on Team Prestige and Contract Length. Within these contracts are the goals that will define your coach progression in terms of Job Security and Prestige. Goals at higher Prestige schools are more difficult to attain than lower Prestige programs.

Other Dynasty questions:
1) Medical redshirts?
2) Spring game?
3) Off-season drills?
4) Homecoming game?
10) Senior day/night?
13) Senior Bowl?
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) Yes, though it was in last year
8) No
9) Overall, these look pretty good with Special Teams the only area that may need some work. Did not look at them much in 11, so I can't give a comparative answer.
10) No
11) No
12) No
13) No
14) No
15) No
16) No
17) None specifically to the function of recruiting
18) No
19) No

Can you hire/fire your coordinators as a HC?
No. The school/Athletic Director handles those duties.

Can you just pick HC/OC/DC?
1)When you're the head coach do you have more assistants than DC/OC and 2) do you fire/hire DC/OC's while you're the head of the team?
3) Do playbooks travel with a coach?
4) Anything else new and cool in Dynasty Mode?

EDIT: I looked at the photos and it looks like only HC/OC/DC are in the game. 5) So based on that and the photos do you get a chance to counter offer people? Like on one of the screenshots it said Stanford's OC was hired as the HC at Penn State so they had to hire the OC from Arkansas whose contract expired. Do you get a chance to offer them an extension or anything else maybe make them HC in waiting if you have a tenured coach?

1) No
2) You only have OC/DC and the school/Athletic Director is in charge of the hiring/firings.
3) Yes
4) Coaching Carousel, Dynamic Conferences, and Custom Playbooks are the major improvements. However, they did touch on some of the smaller aspects of the game, one specific example is the new Pipeline screen that not only shows what pipelines you have but also shows ones you're in danger of losing after this season and ones that you're near to adding. As well, when you are viewing the list of all recruits, each player has the 3 logos of his Top 3 school choices next to his name and vital info. This makes finding players who have you listed in their Top 3 much easier than it has been in the past.
5) No. When offered, you get to view the Contract of the school offering.

How does sharing coaches work? Could someone enter all the coaches names and would I have to download each coach one by one or could I just download the file and it would have all of the changes for every coach?
Is there any new commentary that refers to the HC, OC or DC?
Will future conference moves happen automatically (IE, TCU to Big East in 2012, etc)?

1) No, however since you can modify conferences after every season, you can set your own rules for conference progression
2) No
3) Coaches are attached to the roster file and shared with it when rosters are shared
4) Not in specific detail, but GameTrack will reference them.
5) No, but you can make them on your own at the end of the season

1. Will the OC/DC have ratings that impact game play, like ratings in teaching, offensive knowledge, defensive knowledge, etc ?

2. Can you fire your OC/DC ?

3. Do playbooks follow the OC/DC ?

4. Lets say you hired your rival's OC/DC. Does the commentary make mention of this during dynasty ?
1) No
2) As head coach, you indicate what playbook your OC/DC will run as you are then playing out their duties on the field. If they fail, you fail and vice versa.
3) Yes
4) No. I don't think the game currently tracks coach movement.

Not an important question...just wondering how it will all work with Teambuilder. I assume you'll swap your TB team then edit coach? ...or I wonder if this will be a TB update. Adding all the edit coach functions to the Tb site?
We really don't get a chance to mess with Teambuilder much at Community Days as the dev kits are not connected to the public internet.

I know you can turn off the carousel but don't think you can leave it on and also force it to keep you at a certain school
When fired, if you decline all offers the game will automatically place you on a squad. Likely as a coordinator at a very low Prestige school.

I'm most interested in the recruits. What are incoming freshman ratings...how many blue chippers etc.
Gracias!
I don't think there has been a drastic change to the number of 5* recruits, but I didn't specifically count. The top end for Freshman OVRs is 82, except for kickers and punters for whom I believe the high end is 85.

1) Will the conferences automatically shift for the new teams coming in at the respective time? I.E TCU to the Big East in 2012.

2) Also, since we saw the SPARQ logo before, does that mean we will get a Stars and a Sparq Rating?
1) No, but you can make the changes manually each season
2) Recruits will have a Star Rating and the top recruits will appear in the SPARQ rating listed.

Also, can we denote neutral site games and pick where we want them to be played at?
No.

Any added information on coaching carousel that isn't talked about by Monday. Such as:

1. Will coaches recruit to their style of play?

2. Does a coach's playbook and tendencies move with them?

3. Will there be other ratings for coaches besides prestige?

4. If so, are there different ratings for offense compared to defense?

5. Are new coaches added to the pool after old coaches retire?

6. Can coach "rosters" be edited and downloaded like player rosters?

7. Do prestige and other ratings increase or decrease depending on game performance?
1) Yes... more specifically they'll recruit to the style their playbook is set at. It's determined by the player "style" (ex. scrambler, pocket passer, etc.)
2) Yes
3) Job Security
4) No
5) Yes
6) Yes, though they're attached to the roster file
7) Coach and Team Prestige will drop if your team struggles.

Also, I'll throw in these question on recruiting and progression:

1. Do recruits, especially skill positions, have better speed, agility, acceleration, juke, and spin move compared to last year? These ratings seemed to be more random compared to the rest of the ratings? Do they reflect the base roster more?

2. Is cpu recruiting better about managing a team and getting quality players?

3. Any changes to player progression? Is it more based on performance now, like Madden is doing?

4. Are there actually good punters and kickers in the game after 4 years?

5. Are there hidden gems and future superstars who blow up at small schools?

6. Are there more quality 2* and 3 * recruits?

Thanks in advance!
1) Yes... they seemed better. How much is subjective but I certainly noticed that there were more WRs with decent ACC even with good SPD
2) We don't have a specific answer to this... it's something we mentioned to the developers but not certain how much they were able to do with it
3) Player progression has been tweaked, but it is not what Madden is doing.
4) Yes
5) Nothing specific has been changed in this area
6) Sorry, we don't have concise data in this area

1. How does signing coaches work? Do you just get first dibs on any coach you want within your prestige range or is there bidding and a budget involved?
2. Do players gain an appropriate amount of height & weight during there careers? (No more 4* DEs coming in at 200lbs and graduating at 205)
3. Will we be allowed to have more than 120 teams in a dynasty through Teambuilder? Or will we still have to swap out one team for each Teambuilder team?

The rest of my questions have already been asked. Can't wait till monday.
1) The user doesn't sign the coaches. The CPU does, since the user IS a coach. For each job opening, there are six top candidates (three that you see on the main Carousel screen). The CPU will then take one of those six candidates. Prestige plays a big part in the decision, but a coach's alma mater also can play a small part in it as well.
2) Sorry, we don't have concise data in this area
3) No, still limited to 120 teams.

1) Who controls the playbook, The coordinators or the HC? Assuming it is a coordinator, is there a way for HC to keep the playbook if he fires the coordinator? Or do you have to hire the right guy for your system? How does the cpu logic play into that game?

2) With all of the different coaches coming in and moving out, will coaches have current team playbooks attatched to them via random or alma mater, or will all new coaches have a generic playbook?

3) Will new cpu coaches utilize custom playbooks within their selected style of offense/defense?
1) You can choose your playbook any time. The playbook will default to that coordinator, but when he is fired, the new coordinator's playbook is defaulted. But at the pre-game screen, you can choose any playbook, or a custom one.
2) All set coaches will have their playbook from Year One of the dynasty. Any newly created coaches that come in will have a random defensive playbook, and I "think" the OC's playbook is tied to their alma mater, but I'm not 100% sure.
3) Yes

I was wondering this too. If I have custom playbooks, do I really need coordinators? If they don't have any kind of ratings or bonuses or whatnot, then coordinators would be simply cosmetic for a user team.
1) Coordinators are basically a user position within Coaching Carousel. In regards to in-game, the playbook will default to that coordinator's playbook, but if you use custom playbooks, then the coordinator has no effect in-game. The main focus of coordinators in within Coaching Carousel this year. Their goals are tailored specifically to being an OC or DC.

It'd be cool if they did co-op online. 12 people on 6 teams. Two on each team. 1 as oc and the other dc. It would be interesting as people got promoted and left for other schools. After time everyone would have their own team.
Unfortunately two users can not be at the same school. At least part of this is due to the fact that currently no more than two people can connect in order to play a game... if two schools both had user OC & DC, that obviously would require four people to connect.

If there are coach ratings, does that affect recruiting, specifically the OC and DC ratings?

If you are a OC/DC do you recruit? If so do you recruit all players, just your side of the ball, or geographic as most is in real life?
1) No. The ratings are used for Carousel, and doesn't really affect anything in-game, but it is definitely something to add for the future.
2) You are the recruiting coordinator (whether HC/OC/DC) so you do all recruiting

Can you change which games are considered BCS games?
No... BCS games are still pre-defined.

Can you get rid of a conference... for example take all the teams in the Big 12 and put them in other conferences, thus ending the Big 12??
...or do all the conferences have to be kept alive with a minimum of 4 teams [which i read was the smallest number allowed].?????
All conferences are required to be kept with a minimum of 4 teams (with the exception of Independents allowed to have 1 team).

Here's a question for ya. You know how you can control 12 teams in dynasty, right? I assume you can start at any school as a coordinator but could I eventually get an OC and a DC working at the same school at the same time?
No... only one user can be at a school at a time

how do the oc and dc affect recruiting (if at all)?
This new feature's ratings are just tied to Carousel, but it is something to possibly have added in the future.

1. Can you choose the team captains AND impact players ala last gen???
2. Does the Natioal game of the week show up on the schedule every week?
3. If you are the OC/DC do you recruit each week?
3b. Does the cpu sim the opposite plays or do you watch them?
4. Does the cpu pull the starters in a blowout/pull the QB after 3-4 ints???
5. Spring game and/or ALL-AMERICAN game?
6. Heisman ceremony?
7. FCS? or FCS teambuilder to replace the generics?
8. Can you set the date/time for your home games?
1) No
2) Unsure... didn't check
3) You are in charge of all recruiting whether HC, OC, or DC.
3b) You have the choice of either watching or using the super sim function
4) I think they did this to some extent last year... not positive. Either way, not certain about any specific changes regarding this.
5) No
6) No
7) No
8) No... aside from the conference editing, you don't have any control over date/time

psuexv
05-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice work Tommy.....

psuexv
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Is it too early to start a Wishlist thread for next year :)

Deuce
05-23-2011, 12:16 PM
1) Yes... more specifically they'll recruit to the style their playbook is set at. It's determined by the player "style" (ex. scrambler, pocket passer, etc.)

This is great news...hopefully we won't see option teams with pocket passers.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Can you adjust the number of conference games? I'm thinking of bumping the Big Ten to 14 for my teambuilder dynasty, but only if I can have 9 conference games.
I don't believe you can. As I understand it, they have basic generated schedules for the various conferences sizes and it will use one of those depending on your conference settings.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Great job guys on the write up, very nice!!

jwallace0317
05-23-2011, 12:23 PM
How do conference championship games work in the context of custom conferences? Are you required to have one once you have a certain number of teams (12 in real life) in the conference?

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
This is great news...hopefully we won't see option teams with pocket passers.
One thing regarding that, if a very highly regarded player is very interested in a school, the school will still give him a look even if he doesn't necessarily fit into their scheme. However in an option team instance, they'll weigh the scrambler QB considerably higher than the pocket QB so they might go after a 4-star option QB instead of the 5-star pocket QB.

Boucher
How about pride stickers? Can you see them now? Do the right schools have them?

gschwendt
How do conference championship games work in the context of custom conferences? Are you required to have one once you have a certain number of teams (12 in real life) in the conference?
I'm not 100% (maybe one of the other community guys can jump in) but I believe once you hit 12 teams or more, you will have a conference championship game.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Yeah once you get 12 teams, you can set up a conference title game. I think it makes you have one, but you HAVE to have 12 in order to have a title game.

rhombic21
05-23-2011, 12:26 PM
After hearing more about it, I'm a little underwhelmed by the Coach carousel feature. Would have been nice to see them do more with hiring/firing assistants, and with these ratings having a substantial impact on player development and recruiting.

The custom conference feature sounds really well done. It doesn't look like you can change the name of the conference, or create a custom conference logo. Those might be the only two things I can think of. It would be cool if the team could secure the rights to all the old alignments and conference logos and then give the user an option to start a dynasty under an old conference alignment setup.

Boucher
05-23-2011, 12:27 PM
How many hirings and firings will there be every year?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:28 PM
How many hirings and firings will there be every year?

For head coaches, I would say anywhere between 6 and 12. Which is on par with real life.

It will ramp up a little bit after years two and three as contracts run out.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:29 PM
After hearing more about it, I'm a little underwhelmed by the Coach carousel feature. Would have been nice to see them do more with hiring/firing assistants, and with these ratings having a substantial impact on player development and recruiting.Yeah, there's still quite a bit more that they can do with it and I definitely think it will be something that they build on in the future. But as a first iteration, I think it does a decent job of covering a lot of the wishes from the community. They just didn't hit all of the "nice to haves" of it.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Considering the huge undertaking of Carousel to mesh with offline and online dynasties, this is a nice base to start with.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:32 PM
For head coaches, I would say anywhere between 6 and 12. Which is on par with real life.

It will ramp up a little bit after years two and three as contracts run out.

To add on to that, you will see a great deal of coaches being resigned after their contract runs out. There are good measures within contracts for getting 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 wins depending on the prestige of the school to give coaches a boost in their job security.

jaymo76
So if you are a head coach and you get fired do you get offered a mixture of say head coach AND offensive coordinator jobs or once you have the big seat, that's where you stay re: offers?

rhombic21
Yeah, there's still quite a bit more that they can do with it and I definitely think it will be something that they build on in the future. But as a first iteration, I think it does a decent job of covering a lot of the wishes from the community. They just didn't hit all of the "nice to haves" of it.

Yeah. It's something worth expanding on in the future. I'd like to see them add position coaches too. So you start out and can only control one position (and can't make any playcalls), and then work your way up to coordinator and then head coach. And then having more coach ratings and implementing those ratings in a way that affects the dynasty more. Could be a huge feature in future years.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:33 PM
One thing to note, with Online Dynasties and coordinators, vs the CPU you'll only control your side of the ball but against another user, you have full control. They did that because they knew it would get boring if two guys were on the same side of the ball and you had to watch your opponent torch your defense and there's nothing you can do about it.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:33 PM
So if you are a head coach and you get fired do you get offered a mixture of say head coach AND offensive coordinator jobs or once you have the big seat, that's where you stay re: offers?

Yep. Most likely you're going to land as a coordinator and gotta work your way back up, but there will be a job offer or two for a HC after he gets fired. Kinda depends on availability, and if you notice in the carousel screen, there is a section you can arrow over to called "unexpected jobs" which are jobs that have opened up due to coaches leaving for better jobs.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 12:34 PM
After hearing more about it, I'm a little underwhelmed by the Coach carousel feature. Would have been nice to see them do more with hiring/firing assistants, and with these ratings having a substantial impact on player development and recruiting.

Sort of agree with this(why I asked about starting a wishlist for next year), I'll wait until I actually get into it and I know it takes time to get things right, but it would be cool if as a OC you only recruit your side of the ball or get a geographic location to recruit. Also would be nice if they gave the Coordinators ratings and those ratings translate to recruiting. A lot of times a recruit will go to a school because of a coordinator.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah. It's something worth expanding on in the future. I'd like to see them add position coaches too. So you start out and can only control one position (and can't make any playcalls), and then work your way up to coordinator and then head coach. And then having more coach ratings and implementing those ratings in a way that affects the dynasty more. Could be a huge feature in future years.

I wouldn't mind seeing this directly impact training results in the offseason just as one of many examples of where this could lead us in the future.

Good start, and lots to look into for the future.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:35 PM
You'll get a mixture of offers. With all of the jobs, there's a hierarchy in how they ranked them so for example, the head coach at New Mexico State might be a lower ranked job than the Offensive Coordinator at Florida.

jaymo76
Yep. Most likely you're going to land as a coordinator and gotta work your way back up, but there will be a job offer or two for a HC after he gets fired. Kinda depends on availability, and if you notice in the carousel screen, there is a section you can arrow over to called "unexpected jobs" which are jobs that have opened up due to coaches leaving for better jobs.

so with an "unexpected job" do you apply for it or does the cpu decide who is up for it?

Pig Bomb

for me...I'm excited for the opportunity to start as a coordinator at a small school and work my way up to head coach at a prestigious major program...

I think EA are thinking along the same lines here...it's more about you and your experience rather than you having a bunch of underlings to manage...

however maybe next year they could expand it like you mention and add value to the coordinators, thus making them more important

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Sort of agree with this(why I asked about starting a wishlist for next year), I'll wait until I actually get into it and I know it takes time to get things right, but it would be cool if as a OC you only recruit your side of the ball or get a geographic location to recruit. Also would be nice if they gave the Coordinators ratings and those ratings translate to recruiting. A lot of times a recruit will go to a school because of a coordinator.

Put it this way. You only have certain amount of time to get something completely new in, would you rather have a good working base or EVERYTHING in, full of bugs, and nothing to look forward for years to come?

Boucher
05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
:rolleyes:

JBHuskers
so with an "unexpected job" do you apply for it or does the cpu decide who is up for it?

CPU decides on their "top six candidates". If you sign a contract extension; however, prior to going into the Carousel, you won't be up for any jobs. If you earned an extention, that will pop up immediately before you go into the Carousel part of the off season.

Pig Bomb
thanks for the answers to questions guys!!

Pantera1968
Can you guys offer any insight on the recruiting "tuning" described in one of the articles? This is the biggest disappointment to me so far if true. IMO there is simply not enough weight given to scholarship offers in recruiting . I have seen some highly-ranked recruits walk on at a school when having offers from prestigious schools which is ridiculous.

Also, besides whether a particular recruit fits into a particular team's offensive or defensive scheme, the logic in the number of recruits at a particular position can be flawed. For instance I have seen one team sign 3 punters (all within the top 5 punters available that year) in one season. I know that the playing time pitch addresses some of this but there needs to be a more general position by position logic as well.

psusnoop
One thing to note, with Online Dynasties and coordinators, vs the CPU you'll only control your side of the ball but against another user, you have full control. They did that because they knew it would get boring if two guys were on the same side of the ball and you had to watch your opponent torch your defense and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'd be furious and breaking stuff if this happened :mad:

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
The CPU determines who is up for it... there's no way to "throw your hat into the ring" so to speak. The CPU will have a list of top/rumored candidates, though just because a name isn't on that list, doesn't mean the offer won't come to them. It's like Miami last year... no way that Al Golden was in their top candidates when they started the process.

xMrHitStickx904
I think EA will expand the coaching carousel in NCAA 13. It's a good year to introduce it, then add more, so I wasn't expecting something like CH2K8, the God of all Coaching Carousel games.

rhombic21
Put it this way. You only have certain amount of time to get something completely new in, would you rather have a good working base or EVERYTHING in, full of bugs, and nothing to look forward for years to come?
Just to clarify, I'm not bashing them for doing it this way. I'm just saying that it's not as cool of a feature as I was initially thinking it was going to be (but hopefully it will be in future years).

psuexv

Hello!!!! - to quote myself "I know it takes time to get things right"

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Not ignoring this... just don't know the answer to it. I know for sure that it worked in the past but not sure if they made any changes to it this year.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 12:40 PM

I don't think there is any question, start with a base that is solid and functional. Then build on that platform in the years ahead. The depth and levels this has created is something that is really neat and the community will either become complacent with where they are or push for more depth in the coming years. The flexibility is huge.

DorianDonP
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Can you edit the conference tie-ins for ALL Bowl (Outback, Capital One, Cotton, Gator, etc) games, or just BCS games?

Pig Bomb
In an online dynasty can you Supersim a game vs a human opponent via the PC or are these games a must play via console??
That would be awesome if both players could just call plays vs one another on their PC's. [a Coach mode sim game]

I'm guessing no, but I thought I would ask.

WolverineJay
Thanks for answering all my questions. I'm a little disappointed in the continued abscence of medical redshirts, spring game, and off-season mini-drills for helping a player progress. My wishlist will be pretty fleshed out for this year with things I feel are sorely missing from the NCAA series.

I know coaching carousel isn't very fleshed out right now, but it is a start in the right direction. Plus now that its in I would hope that EA Tiburon will continue to upgrade it in the coming years. I would love for more ratings for coaches especially ones that affect gameplay in some way, or impact recruiting success, or help with player development, and would love for coaches to make halftime adjustments with small boosts to help our CPU AI players to focus on a particular area like inside run defense or short passes over the middle.

psuexv
I don't think there is any question, start with a base that is solid and functional. Then build on that platform in the years ahead. The depth and levels this has created is something that is really neat and the community will either become complacent with where they are or push for more depth in the coming years. The flexibility is huge.

SlURP, SLURP, SLURP

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Can you edit the conference tie-ins for ALL Bowl (Outback, Capital One, Cotton, Gator, etc) games, or just BCS games?
Unfortunately only BCS games.

JBHuskers

Just the AQ's for BCS games.

Boucher
Not ignoring this... just don't know the answer to it. I know for sure that it worked in the past but not sure if they made any changes to it this year.

There was at least 8 teams last year that didnt have pride stickers in the game

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:43 PM
In an online dynasty can you Supersim a game vs a human opponent via the PC or are these games a must play via console??
That would be awesome if both players could just call plays vs one another on their PC's. [a Coach mode sim game]

I'm guessing no, but I thought I would ask.Can't talk about any of the Dynasty Wire stuff at this point.

EvanRG
05-23-2011, 12:44 PM
How did the CPU's depth charts look even just a few years down the road? I have a current issue with '11 where I just took the Florida job and they have 12 HB's and like 12 total Offensive linemen.

---

Are there a substantially larger number of punters and kickers to recruit and are they any good? lol

EDIT: You mentioned that the punter and kickers where better this year, but how about a substantial amount of recruits?

Thanks a lot!

psuexv
05-23-2011, 12:46 PM
How are walk-ons handled this year? In '11 they were absolutely terrible usually coming in at 40 OVR.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey guys....look in our news section at 3PM central today for our exclusive article in regards to dynasty and Coaching Carousel!

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Can height and weight be edited for players this year?

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
How did the CPU's depth charts look even just a few years down the road? I have a current issue with '11 where I just took the Florida job and they have 12 HB's and like 12 total Offensive linemen.
When I was there last in April, there was still some issues with that but I think it was somewhat improved. We made sure to stress that it's an issue but they weren't positive that they'd be able to make drastic changes to it this year.

Are there a substantially larger number of punters and kickers to recruit and are they any good? lol

EDIT: You mentioned that the punter and kickers where better this year, but how about a substantial amount of recruits?

Thanks a lot!I don't have specific amount but I'd say it's leaps and bounds better than last year.

How are walk-ons handled this year? In '11 they were absolutely terrible usually coming in at 40 OVR.
I think walkons are just about the same. Eventually I'd like them to have players that weren't signed be the walkons but that isn't in this year.

Can height and weight be edited for players this year?I don't think anything changed regarding that... I was under the impression in the past you could do that in offline for your own team but I may be misremembering that.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
I guess my biggest question for the community guys: in your opinions what is the #1 best addition to NCAA 12? Based on the little I know I would say custom playbooks...

PDuncanOSU
05-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Say I want to start a dynasty at Texas or Oklahoma as head coach. Do I have to use a created coach that will start with a low coach prestige, or can I use Mack Brown or Bob Stoops who I assume would have a high prestige and job security?

cdj
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Say I want to start a dynasty at Texas or Oklahoma as head coach. Do I have to use a created coach that will start with a low coach prestige, or can I use Mack Brown or Bob Stoops who I assume would have a high prestige and job security?

You can either turn off coach contracts and play Dynasty Mode the traditional method or pick an existing Coach/Coordinator. You can select any school when using either new or existing coaches.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess my biggest question for the community guys: in your opinions what is the #1 best addition to NCAA 12? Based on the little I know I would say custom playbooks...
I am biased because it was my number one request but for me it's custom playbooks.

You can either start as an existing coach or create your own coach.

Koach Vonner
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Here is a question about Online Dynasties and even better the server:
Has NCAA 12 finally gone to the server with stats (Wins, Loses, Passing Yards, Rushing Yards, Standing, Heisman cnadidates, etc)? I do like that in Madden everything in your league stays online. Going to Legauedaddy.com and having to input all my players and their stats after each game gets a little old and time consuming. My wife thinks its silly (she would). Don't get me wrong, I think Leaguedaddy is an awesome sight and its run great. But a server to record all stats after games and keep up with your league and standings would be awesome. And save time.
Anybody know about this? If not, why don't they have it? Madden does.

Koach Vonner
05-23-2011, 01:03 PM

I have to agree with you. I've been wanting that for years now

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Here is a question about Online Dynasties and even better the server:
Has NCAA 12 finally gone to the server with stats (Wins, Loses, Passing Yards, Rushing Yards, Standing, Heisman cnadidates, etc)? I do like that in Madden everything in your league stays online. Going to Legauedaddy.com and having to input all my players and their stats after each game gets a little old and time consuming. My wife thinks its silly (she would). Don't get me wrong, I think Leaguedaddy is an awesome sight and its run great. But a server to record all stats after games and keep up with your league and standings would be awesome. And save time.
Anybody know about this? If not, why don't they have it? Madden does.I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking for... doesn't Dynasty Wire (http://www.easports.com/dynasty) currently do all that?

psuexv
I think walkons are just about the same. Eventually I'd like them to have players that weren't signed be the walkons but that isn't in this year.

I thought maybe with the focus on the dev that was a walk on at Auburn and RTG that they might go back to walk-ons being serviceable.

JBHuskers

I'd say Carousel for purposes of running an OD.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
There are hundreds of recruits who don't sign anywhere. They out to just use the unsigned recruits as walk-ons.

LBFitted
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
major question i have that i hope they got at least half right....

with coaches moving and playbooks changing...are there more transfers and are players forced to sit out a yr if they transfer still if they have a new coach?

jwallace0317
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but as far as the impact of your coach rating...does it impact ratings progression for the players? The TSO review appears to say so.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but as far as the impact of your coach rating...does it impact ratings progression for the players? The TSO review appears to say so.

We didn't have a strong confirm on this, but we are getting clarification on this.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 01:19 PM

with coaches moving and playbooks changing...are there more transfers and are players forced to sit out a yr if they transfer still if they have a new coach?

I can't see that last part being any different then it currently is. If a player transfers then he has to sit out a year, that is an NCAA rule not something EA does special.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM

I believe this hasn't changed, or has minor tweaks.

Rudy
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry if I missed it guys but is discipline back?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry if I missed it guys but is discipline back?

No.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
So today is Thanksgiving, the last holiday before Christmas....is anybody full yet? Hope not because seconds are coming at 3PM central ;)

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Just got clarification....Yes, Coach prestige impacts Player progression and a few other aspects. However, this does not mean that players on a team with an A+ Head Coach are going to have over the top progression.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Since it hasn't been mentioned I guess there is no change. However I will ask anyways... Does CONFERENCE PRESTIGE CHANGE THIS YEAR??? In past versions of the game it is static but if conferneces can change after each season this is huge.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Since it hasn't been mentioned I guess there is no change. However I will ask anyways... Does CONFERENCE PRESTIGE CHANGE THIS YEAR??? In past versions of the game it is static but if conferneces can change after each season this is huge.

I'll check.

jwallace0317
05-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Just got clarification....Yes, Coach prestige impacts Player progression and a few other aspects. However, this does not mean that players on a team with an A+ Head Coach are going to have over the top progression.

Thanks for confirming. Good to know there's at least some impact from the rating beyond determining future coaching employability.

illwill10
05-23-2011, 01:45 PM
dont know if these were answered
1. Are we able to edit ratings during Dynasty?
2. Are we able to edit Height and Weight during Dynasty ?
3. What Small things were added to Dynasty?

4solo
05-23-2011, 01:45 PM
When you leave a school as a HC and become a HC at another school do coordinators come with you?

Koach Vonner
05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking for... doesn't Dynasty Wire (http://www.easports.com/dynasty) currently do all that?

Maybe you're correct. I know the last 3 years I have been in an online league and we have used Leaguedaddy.com to keep up with our stats, standings, and other important game info. Maybe they just use that location or website for Single year leagues instead of multiple year Dynasties.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
When you leave a school as a HC and become a HC at another school do coordinators come with you?

No they do not.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Okay, back to the scheduling issue:

If you increase your conference to 14 or 16, and the conference default is a 12-team 8-conference game set up (Big Ten), the conference schedule will still have 8 games? And say you increase the Pac-12 to 14 or 16 teams, the conference game set up stays at 9 conference games? And there is no way to change either of these?

That kind of stinks if true.

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 01:49 PM
So today is Thanksgiving, the last holiday before Christmas....is anybody full yet? Hope not because seconds are coming at 3PM central ;)

I'm waiting until after 3pm to go visit my accountant...looking forward to the thoughts/info.

LBFitted
05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
I can't see that last part being any different then it currently is. If a player transfers then he has to sit out a year, that is an NCAA rule not something EA does special.

lol i know the rules of the game... And you should know by ncaa rules...if a coach leaves a program...players are usually able to transfer and be eligible that year and not have to sit out a year. Especially freshman.

Rudy
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
lol i know the rules of the game... And you should know by ncaa rules...if a coach leaves a program...players are usually able to transfer and be eligible that year and not have to sit out a year. Especially freshman.

That's not true at all. You are referring to the USC situation. When a school is put on probation kids can leave without penalty (not sure on the exact details) but if a coach is fired or leaves for another job you will HAVE to surrender a year. You are not eligible to play right away.

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Okay, back to the scheduling issue:

If you increase your conference to 14 or 16, and the conference default is a 12-team 8-conference game set up (Big Ten), the conference schedule will still have 8 games? And say you increase the Pac-12 to 14 or 16 teams, the conference game set up stays at 9 conference games? And there is no way to change either of these?

That kind of stinks if true.I think you misunderstood what I said. There are varying schedules for different sized conferences (13, 14, 15, 16) and will use one of those configured schedules for conferences of more than 12.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
That's not true at all. You are referring to the USC situation. When a school is put on probation kids can leave without penalty (not sure on the exact details) but if a coach is fired or leaves for another job you will HAVE to surrender a year. You are not eligible to play right away.

True - Ryan Mallett is a good example

On January 14, 2008, Mallett made his move back to his home state official and enrolled at the University of Arkansas, where he redshirted the 2008 season due to the NCAA transfer policies. Mallett quarterbacked the Arkansas scout team in practice that season.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I think you misunderstood what I said. There are varying schedules for different sized conferences (13, 14, 15, 16) and will use one of those configured schedules for conferences of more than 12.

Ah, okay. So do any of those configurations contain 9 conference games? What I'm getting at is if I can have 9 conference games with 14 teams. :D

psuexv
05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Along the lines of a Ryan Mallett situation and the question asked about transfers. If a scenario happened where a pro style offense is replaced with a coach of say an option offense. Will the QB or other players transfer?

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Along the lines of a Ryan Mallett situation and the question asked about transfers. If a scenario happened where a pro style offense is replaced with a coach of say an option offense. Will the QB or other players transfer?

Great question. Would love to see if teams changed from 3-4 D to a 4-3 D or 4-2-5 that the players that don't fit that scheme look to transfer out at the end of the year and the game makes reference to why the player is transferring.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:09 PM

No we won't be seeing that on a mass scale. Overall, I don't think transfers will be affected all that much at this point.

georgiafan
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
What is something that you saw that was new/diffrent that was cool that you wanna tell us about?

PDuncanOSU
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
How do CPU teams make hires? Do they seem to look more at playbook style? Prestige? Record the previous year, or last couple years? How often will we see teams going to totally different styles? Will teams go from pro-style to the triple-option or spread-option like Georgia Tech and Michigan have tried in the last few years, or will they hire coaches with similar styles as the preivous coach?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
What is something that you saw that was new/diffrent that was cool that you wanna tell us about?

In one of my recent sims on Coaching Carousel, I started off as the Oklahoma DC. Six years later, I was asked to be the head coach of my alma mater Nebraska after coaching stops of UNLV and Cal. It was pretty cool to see myself eventually get hired at Nebraska after a few years of work.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:25 PM
How do CPU teams make hires? Do they seem to look more at playbook style? Prestige? Record the previous year, or last couple years? How often will we see teams going to totally different styles? Will teams go from pro-style to the triple-option or spread-option like Georgia Tech and Michigan have tried in the last few years, or will they hire coaches with similar styles as the preivous coach?

It seems to be a mixture of playbook style & prestige, but they will change up the playbook style if a great prestiged coach is out there....geography and alma maters will play a small part in it as well.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Look in our news section in 25 mins for our exclusive article in regards to dynasty and Coaching Carousel! http://tinyurl.com/tgthome

psuexv
05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Any word on the ability to export online dynasty draft classes to Madden?

psuexv
05-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Look in our news section in 25 mins for our exclusive article in regards to dynasty and Coaching Carousel! http://tinyurl.com/tgthome

You're really building this up.... I hope it delivers :)

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:36 PM

This is also the forum thread that our article will be on too....at 3PM central (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2238-NCAA-Football-12-TGT-s-Coaching-Carousel-amp-Dynasty-Preview&p=60934#post60934)

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 02:36 PM
You're really building this up.... I hope it delivers :)

Well you know how I love to tease ;)

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Reading on OS... CC is really taking a bashing as a lot of people see it as a let down. I am really happy the mode is in, even if it's less that what I hoped. I look forward to hearing more about homw the community members feel about it.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks Rudy and psuexv, left work and picked up the kids but thanks for clarifying my post to LB.

Solidice
05-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Reading on OS... CC is really taking a bashing as a lot of people see it as a let down. I am really happy the mode is in, even if it's less that what I hoped. I look forward to hearing more about homw the community members feel about it.

at the very least, I'm just happy the CPU coaches will be able to get new jobs, get fired, retire, etc.. before, as the user, you could change jobs, but all the other coaches remained at their school for 60 years(end of the dynasty). for the first year, I think this is a good addition. It took 2k 4-5 years to get CC down to the point it was in College Hoops 2k8 if I remember correctly.

psusnoop
05-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Honestly I like that it is in the game. The shear depth this could create in future years could make this new feature very interesting.

Flav
05-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I read somewhere that we can edit dynasty rosters online and download them to the console? Any truth to this?

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I read somewhere that we can edit dynasty rosters online and download them to the console? Any truth to this?
Not sure I follow... where did you read this?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Our preview article is now live! (http://tinyurl.com/tgt-carousel-dyn-preview)

Rudy
05-23-2011, 03:29 PM
at the very least, I'm just happy the CPU coaches will be able to get new jobs, get fired, retire, etc.. before, as the user, you could change jobs, but all the other coaches remained at their school for 60 years(end of the dynasty). for the first year, I think this is a good addition. It took 2k 4-5 years to get CC down to the point it was in College Hoops 2k8 if I remember correctly.

I'm happy about this too. Plus the fact that coaches are now part of the roster file and the grading criteria of the coaches appears improved.

Quite frankly coaching carousel was never high on my tournament wishlist. Discipline is my #1 dynasty mode and in game saves is a huge vote for me as well but what I want usually ends up losing in the first round lol. I guess soon to be 39 year olds with kids don't have the same interest as kids half my age.

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 03:30 PM
So how does coach mode play into Dynasty with a coaching carousel? Is coach mode only a seperate play mode like play now or mascot game?

iBrandon
05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Good stuff.

BigDmo
05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I know you can manually edit conferences and stuff in the off season of your dynasty but if you just let that go and don't do anything will you still get conference invites/will other teams still move themselves?

PDuncanOSU
05-23-2011, 03:38 PM
A couple other questions I thought of.
1.) In your time with the game, did you see any screwy contract goals? For example, a team hiring a coach w/ an air raid playbook then having a goal refering to the number of rushing yards or touchdowns?
2.) With CPU teams now recruiting to their play style, are there any more player types? I'm thinking more on defense, having 3-4 or 4-3 style ends and OLBs.

georgiafan
05-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Will you be able to look back and see here a coach was at before ? Like being able to look at his coach bio and see how he moved up the ranks.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I know you can manually edit conferences and stuff in the off season of your dynasty but if you just let that go and don't do anything will you still get conference invites/will other teams still move themselves?

I wondered that as well. Since we make the decisions now I suspect that invites are out from this point on.

diplomat022
05-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Is there a timeline of when we will be given more information on new Teambuilder features? Stuff like, will there be 50/50 crowd splits if we choose a bowl stadium? Thanks

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Is there a timeline of when we will be given more information on new Teambuilder features? Stuff like, will there be 50/50 crowd splits if we choose a bowl stadium? Thanks

Kind of got the felling there are zero teambuilder updates... guess we will see though.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Kind of got the felling there are zero teambuilder updates... guess we will see though.

If anything, I think there is a chance they added 'edit coaches'...but that's prolly it.

I'm basing this on the 'Teambuilder Roster Share' that was spotted in one of the videos.

Treadstone6700
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Do you guys know what we will be able to edit specifically while in dynasty mode? So in 2023 will I be able to edit a players ratings, weight, height, etc. If we aren't able to edit everything do you know why EA won't let us edit those things? Seems like an easy fix and I know that it got into Madden this year so just wondering the reasoning behind why it wouldn't get into NCAA. Thanks!

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Do you guys know what we will be able to edit specifically while in dynasty mode? So in 2023 will I be able to edit a players ratings, weight, height, etc. If we aren't able to edit everything do you know why EA won't let us edit those things? Seems like an easy fix and I know that it got into Madden this year so just wondering the reasoning behind why it wouldn't get into NCAA. Thanks!
No, you cannot edit players during dynasty. I don't know the reasoning why the ability is not in.

illwill10
05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
No, you cannot edit players during dynasty. I don't know the reasoning why the ability is not in.

Can we edit weight and height

BigDmo
05-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Anyone?

Treadstone6700
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Bummer, thanks for the reply! If you guys do find out the reasoning be sure to let us know b/c I really don't know why it wouldn't be

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Anyone?

Not sure on that one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dr Death
05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a question and after reading through this thread I haven't seen it asked/answered... although it is possible I missed it. Question: Say I create my Custom Offensive Playbook and Custom Defensive Playbook. Just to make this easy let's say I name my O-playbook PIRATE and my D-playbook 46 BEAR in honor of Mike Leach and Buddy Ryan...

From what I understand I can assign those playbooks to me... as a coach... but when/if one of my co-ordinators leaves for a HC job, do they take the playbook w/ them and if so, will I still have my custom playbook?

I think I know the answer to this but am just looking clarification, because it would be pointless to create a Custom PB for O and D and then lose them when/if my OC/DC departs.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a question and after reading through this thread I haven't seen it asked/answered... although it is possible I missed it. Question: Say I create my Custom Offensive Playbook and Custom Defensive Playbook. Just to make this easy let's say I name my O-playbook PIRATE and my D-playbook 46 BEAR in honor of Mike Leach and Buddy Ryan...

From what I understand I can assign those playbooks to me... as a coach... but when/if one of my co-ordinators leaves for a HC job, do they take the playbook w/ them and if so, will I still have my custom playbook?

I think I know the answer to this but am just looking clarification, because it would be pointless to create a Custom PB for O and D and then lose them when/if my OC/DC departs.

You can create both and use both in a game/dynasty. When you're the HC, OC/DC no longer matters (in terms of playbook) because the HC controls both playbooks.

Dr Death
05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
You can create both and use both in a game/dynasty. When you're the HC, OC/DC no longer matters (in terms of playbook) because the HC controls both playbooks.

Thanks. I'm thinking of starting as an OC but having my D-PB ready to go whenever I get promoted to HC. Thanks for the help!

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Are we able to edit our Coordinators when we become HC?
for example can we change the OC and DC playbook to ours and see them leave with it.
I would like to see former OCs/DCs of my mine in the future with my CP and and face them to see how my playbook works

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Are we able to edit our Coordinators when we become HC?
for example can we change the OC and DC playbook to ours and see them leave with it.
I would like to see former OCs/DCs of my mine in the future with my CP and and face them to see how my playbook works

I don't think you have coordinators once you're a head coach.

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
How are Contract Goals determined?

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 06:20 PM

Based on school's prestige and length of contract.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 06:20 PM

I think it's a combination of school prestige and job title. The HC at a 1* school will have lower expectations then the OC at a 5* school.

Dr Death
05-23-2011, 06:22 PM

My understanding is you do have them, but you have no voice in who is hired.

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Based on school's prestige and length of contract.

How about Stat wise.
What if I ran a Run-Heavy Offense and one of the goals was pass for 4000 yards and it had a High Fail impact. IT would be hard to accomplish some goals due to certain playbooks

Pig Bomb
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM

I'm guessing as the head coach you can pick the playbooks....so if one or more of your coordinators gets hired by a computer controlled school he will take that playbook with him....and you can select it agian with a new coach... maybe? confirm?

so you might be able to see your playbook in action

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
So I have sifted through this thread but haven't seen an answer to this: How does the Coaching Carousel work with TB teams? If I recreate NSU then I won't be able to have CC on since you have to work your way up? Am I reading this correctly?

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Are there any changes to how the menu looks in Dynasty.
I am saying does the Dynasty Menu look the same way it did last year with a new background. Or Is some parts new

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
QUOTE=HuskerBlitz;61059]So I have sifted through this thread but haven't seen an answer to this: How does the Coaching Carousel work with TB teams? If I recreate NSU then I won't be able to have CC on since you have to work your way up? Am I reading this correctly?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know too. Do I set them up on the TB webpage.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I asked in another thread but probably it should be asked here~ will all games be televised with ESPN presentation or will it be like previous versions where you need to earn televised games??? Fingers crossed for a return of non-televised games!!!

EDIT: ANSWERED~ ALL GAMES TELEVISED!!!

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Once you're a head coach, you have no need for coordinators because as the HC, you call all the plays on offense and defense.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
So I have sifted through this thread but haven't seen an answer to this: How does the Coaching Carousel work with TB teams? If I recreate NSU then I won't be able to have CC on since you have to work your way up? Am I reading this correctly?

You can start as a HC at any school if you want to, including TB teams.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Once you're a head coach, you have no need for coordinators because as the HC, you call all the plays on offense and defense.

There still there though, right? Can your OC or DC get a job offer from another school?

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
On all the sites still haven't found out if CONFERENCE PRESTIGE will be dynamic. It really needs to be if we can change conferences after each year. Imagine making a super conference in the MAC but still having a poor conference rating...

illwill10
05-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I dont think you can switch TB teams with the current FCS teams so...
Is the FCS teams improved?

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 07:00 PM
There still there though, right? Can your OC or DC get a job offer from another school?

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong but let's say you're an HC with custom offensive and defensive playbooks. Why do you need coordinators after that? No matter who you bring in, you're going to run your custom plays. The coaching prestige in recruiting is based on you as a coach, not the staff as a whole, thus there's no need for coordinators once you become an HC. I could be wrong but I think I'm right.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I would rather have coaching affect recruiting more than progression. In that sense, an OC or DC can still have an impact regardless if you're the head coach. Plus you could always attempt to upgrade your coordinators if one is slacking.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong but let's say you're an HC with custom offensive and defensive playbooks. Why do you need coordinators after that? No matter who you bring in, you're going to run your custom plays. The coaching prestige in recruiting is based on you as a coach, not the staff as a whole. I could be wrong but I think I'm right.

No, I think you're right but I was think they would still be there. Not a big deal but it would be kinda cool to see my DC go on to be a head coach somewhere else.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Basically OC/DC are only in the game because we the USER may wish to start as an OC/DC. Other than that there is ZERO use to them other than say movingh up to be a head coach at a cpu controlled school. This is definetely a big feature for future years though.

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I would rather have coaching affect recruiting more than progression. In that sense, an OC or DC can still have an impact regardless if you're the head coach. Plus you could always attempt to upgrade your coordinators if one is slacking.

How would your coordinators be slacking if you control the O and the D? If your team is not playing well, you as the HC, would be slacking, not the OC/DC.

illwill10
05-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong but let's say you're an HC with custom offensive and defensive playbooks. Why do you need coordinators after that? No matter who you bring in, you're going to run your custom plays. The coaching prestige in recruiting is based on you as a coach, not the staff as a whole, thus there's no need for coordinators once you become an HC. I could be wrong but I think I'm right.

I think there are still OC/DC when you are HC. But if you are a guy will have a Custom Playbook for both Off and Def, OC/DC for team are there to be there. But I will like to give them my playbooks and face them in the future. I plan on starting as a OC, but will have a Def playbook with me. So it wont matter who my team signs. But I will give them my playbook

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 07:37 PM

HB, this is a large concern for me with Wisconsin State as well as you probably know. To my understanding from what I've read here and elsewhere, you can choose to be the head coach of any team at the start of dynasty - so you could choose to be head coach of NSU at the start of dynasty - HOWEVER (and this is what bums me out), you CAN NOT get back to your school by just creating a new coach once you leave - so if your coach is fired, retires, or leaves for another job, there is no way to get back in control of NSU without working back up to getting hired there. This is a bummer to me (and I'm sure you too), because I want to have coaching changes for my school, but also want to have other schools change coaches and styles - it's a bummer, but it looks like we'll be stuck with having CC off (or at least that's the way I'm going if what I understand is correct), and having all the other schools keep their same coaches for the eternity of the dynasty. :(

souljahbill
05-23-2011, 07:49 PM
HB, this is a large concern for me with Wisconsin State as well as you probably know. To my understanding from what I've read here and elsewhere, you can choose to be the head coach of any team at the start of dynasty - so you could choose to be head coach of NSU at the start of dynasty - HOWEVER (and this is what bums me out), you CAN NOT get back to your school by just creating a new coach once you leave - so if your coach is fired, retires, or leaves for another job, there is no way to get back in control of NSU without working back up to getting hired there. This is a bummer to me (and I'm sure you too), because I want to have coaching changes for my school, but also want to have other schools change coaches and styles - it's a bummer, but it looks like we'll be stuck with having CC off (or at least that's the way I'm going if what I understand is correct), and having all the other schools keep their same coaches for the eternity of the dynasty. :(

The only thing you MAY have to worry about is getting fired. If your coach isn't 80, I doubt they'll retire and why would you leave your school in the first place? Isn't the point of your dynasties is to stay at the place the entire time? I don't know how you guys play your games but have either of y'all ever been fired during any dynasty in any game?

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 07:56 PM
The only thing you MAY have to worry about is getting fired. If your coach isn't 80, I doubt they'll retire and why would you leave your school in the first place? Isn't the point of your dynasties is to stay at the place the entire time? I don't know how you guys play your games but have either of y'all ever been fired during any dynasty in any game?

I bet nobody on this site who plays the game as much as the "hardcore" members do has ever been fiired in the history of NCAA games. I am always at 100% approval because it's almost impossible not to be. I have never lost more than four games in one season... ever. But hey maybe this year it will be a lot more challenging to meet your school's goals???

illwill10
05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I bet nobody on this site who plays the game as much as the "hardcore" members do has ever been fiired in the history of NCAA games. I am always at 100% approval because it's almost impossible not to be. I have never lost more than four games in one season... ever. But hey maybe this year it will be a lot more challenging to meet your school's goals???
I think users will definitely lose some games this year in Dynasty. Especially being a OC/DC for a Bad team. Even if you are a great Coordinator, if you are a 1* OC, your defense or offense(if DC) will let you down alot.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, I have been fired once - after going 0-24 after my first two seasons on NCAA 10. It's not just getting fired, though. I want coaches to come and go realistically. From going to new jobs to retiring - like I said. For example, my current head coach is Scott Frost. If he got an offer from Nebraska (alma mater), I'd probably have him accept that job for the sake of realism, and hire a new coach from the coaching carousel, and want to continue on as that coach. If I could create a coach mid-dynasty, and have him take over after my current coach leaves, I could still do that. I am currently in 2029 (between NCAA 10 and 11), so Frost would be 54, and probably ready to retire in 10-15 years. When I come to that point, I want to be able to have him "retire" and hire a new coach while staying with my program. I strive for realism, and that's what I want to achieve here, while staying with one program.

I know HB does something similar, and has had a number of losing seasons over the ~125 season of his dynasty. I know he has "fired" coaches, but whether the game fired them, or he manually decided to make a "coaching change", I'm not certain.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Joshua already hit this, but for the sake of realism, coaches come and go. One thing Joshua didn't mention that we have talked about before is making a change to keep the dynasty fresh. After a few seasons of running the option and I want something different, I can make a coaching change to a coach who runs an air attack. For the few of us that keep running with the same team by 'transferring' them into the new game we like to make changes like this to keep the game new and fresh.

And yeah, I have been fired from my school and I have made a few coaching changes.

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 08:29 PM
From the info released so far I can see where the concern comes from regarding coaches retiring or being fired and not being able to create new head coaches within a Dynasty. Maybe the scenario never came about when the community day guys played with this new feature. I mean if I'm picking a team like Penn State and I'm keeping Joe Paterno as my head coach and then the game has him retire after just 2 seasons, and I have no ability to continue being the head coach with my Penn State team in Dynasty I would be very upset. I definitely think some more clarification is needed regarding this specific scenario.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 08:42 PM
The CC was never a big time thing to me since I stay at the same school all the time. But it's neat to see coaches move on to other jobs or see old coaches I used after their time with NSU. It's not a deal breaker but still disappointing you cannot create a new coach or take the reins after another one has been hired.

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah - I'm a little bummed. I guess the biggest thing for me was seeing the other coaches move from jobs and bring new schemes with them, especially when a tradition power starts to stink over the course of multiple seasons. Bring in a new coach with a new scheme to try and revive the program. Not a deal breaker on the game, but I don't think I'll be using it unless I can create a coach mid-dynasty and have him take over as HC at any program.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 08:58 PM
From the info released so far I can see where the concern comes from regarding coaches retiring or being fired and not being able to create new head coaches within a Dynasty. Maybe the scenario never came about when the community day guys played with this new feature. I mean if I'm picking a team like Penn State and I'm keeping Joe Paterno as my head coach and then the game has him retire after just 2 seasons, and I have no ability to continue being the head coach with my Penn State team in Dynasty I would be very upset. I definitely think some more clarification is needed regarding this specific scenario.

Well, simply put, it's no Joe Paterno. All the coaches are generics. Yes, you can change the name but it's still the same generic coach. And second, your coach will not retire regardless of age because if memory serves it was stated on another site that you will ALWAYS have a job each year of the full dynasty. You may be released by your team but you will be picked up by someone else.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, I have been fired once - after going 0-24 after my first two seasons on NCAA 10. It's not just getting fired, though. I want coaches to come and go realistically. From going to new jobs to retiring - like I said. For example, my current head coach is Scott Frost. If he got an offer from Nebraska (alma mater), I'd probably have him accept that job for the sake of realism, and hire a new coach from the coaching carousel, and want to continue on as that coach. If I could create a coach mid-dynasty, and have him take over after my current coach leaves, I could still do that. I am currently in 2029 (between NCAA 10 and 11), so Frost would be 54, and probably ready to retire in 10-15 years. When I come to that point, I want to be able to have him "retire" and hire a new coach while staying with my program. I strive for realism, and that's what I want to achieve here, while staying with one program.

I know HB does something similar, and has had a number of losing seasons over the ~125 season of his dynasty. I know he has "fired" coaches, but whether the game fired them, or he manually decided to make a "coaching change", I'm not certain.

I must be misunderstanding. How do you fire your coach? In ALL next gen versions of NCAA YOU are the coach. You can quit and find a new team or you can be fired and find a new team... what am I missing here???

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I must be misunderstanding. How do you fire your coach? In ALL next gen versions of NCAA YOU are the coach. You can quit and find a new team or you can be fired and find a new team... what am I missing here???

You just go create a new coach from the menu, resign the job with your current coach, take the job with your new coach, and delete the old coach. Boom, coaching change.

OR, If you have an inkling you might be fired, create a new coach just prior to the end of the season. If you do get fired, just take a job with him in the mean time, and quickly assign your new created coach to the school you want to be at. Resign and delete the other coach, and proceed.

jaymo76
05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
You just go create a new coach from the menu, resign the job with your current coach, take the job with your new coach, and delete the old coach. Boom, coaching change.

OR, If you have an inkling you might be fired, create a new coach just prior to the end of the season. If you do get fired, just take a job with him in the mean time, and quickly assign your new created coach to the school you want to be at. Resign and delete the other coach, and proceed.

Oh okay, I get what you mean now. I have always moved with my coach but I can see the merit in your way as well.

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Well, simply put, it's no Joe Paterno. All the coaches are generics. Yes, you can change the name but it's still the same generic coach. And second, your coach will not retire regardless of age because if memory serves it was stated on another site that you will ALWAYS have a job each year of the full dynasty. You may be released by your team but you will be picked up by someone else.

But I can edit the coaches before we start Dynasty mode including their age and yes some people want realism at the start of their Dynasty so they will try to make Joe Pa as close to real life as possible. The only thing that I saw stated is what happens when a coach is fired and that is you will always have a job offer so you won't have to re-start a Dynasty if you don't want to. However, I said we need clarification on this specific scenario of a coach retiring and wanting to continue on with the same team as a new head coach and nothing has been stated on that matter that I have seen.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Didn't you the edit you put in, but bingo. Just adds a ton of ownership in the team that you have created.

SmoothPancakes
05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh okay, I get what you mean now. I have always moved with my coach but I can see the merit in your way as well.

Yep, as a long time follower and fan of HuskerBlitz's Nebraska State Prairie Dogs dynasty, all of the 129+ seasons since clear back to the NCAA 2000 version, there have been many coaching changes to the Prairie Dogs over the years, I've lost track of the exact number. But it definitely adds to the realism, having a coach who does horrible, never winning more the 6 games in a number of years get "fired" and someone new comes in, or eventually the original coach retiring, etc. So adds to the excitement and interest of the dynasty, wondering how this new coach will do and if he will return the Dogs to the top of the nation or if they will continue in a current slump and only manage 8 or 9 wins max each year.

umhester04
05-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Can you do all of this in a dynasty? The way I am understanding this is that this is a way to stay at the same program by creating a new coach in the dynasty and basically swapping him with the old coach you had. Am I wrong with what I am saying?

joshuahuskers
05-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Can you do all of this in a dynasty? The way I am understanding this is that this is a way to stay at the same program by creating a new coach in the dynasty and basically swapping him with the old coach you had. Am I wrong with what I am saying?

You could do this in NCAA 10 and 11. If you can do it in NCAA 12, I'll be very happy. However, from what everyone is saying, I don't think you can.

HuskerBlitz
05-23-2011, 11:31 PM

Nope, you're correct. That is what we are hoping you are able to do. If not, then you can no longer take a few seasons to build up a team, rather you build up a career. I hope that isn't the case.

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 05:28 AM
It keeps talking about "building up a powerhouse OR move on to a traditional 6 star program". The ONLY possible way this will be excepted is if you can stay at your school. I can't possibly imagine that with all the work EA put into this feature that they would make a boneheaded mistake of not allowing you to stay at the same school. Especially in an OD where the Commissioner should have complete power over the league.

Pig Bomb
05-24-2011, 06:52 AM
It keeps talking about "building up a powerhouse OR move on to a traditional 6 star program". The ONLY possible way this will be excepted is if you can stay at your school. I can't possibly imagine that with all the work EA put into this feature that they would make a boneheaded mistake of not allowing you to stay at the same school. Especially in an OD where the Commissioner should have complete power over the league.

There must be some kind of work-around...like the commish just re-assigning you to the same team, or assigning you to another team, then changing it back to the team you want.???

brza37
05-24-2011, 08:45 AM
How about Stat wise.
What if I ran a Run-Heavy Offense and one of the goals was pass for 4000 yards and it had a High Fail impact. IT would be hard to accomplish some goals due to certain playbooks

I haven't seen this question get answered yet so I just wanted to ask again before it gets forgotten in this thread because this is also a concern of mine with CC. Will contract goals be specific to your playbook style?
It would be a big letdown if my contract demands that I pass for 4000 yards one season despite have a run-heavy playbook or vice versa.

baseballplyrmvp
05-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I haven't seen this question get answered yet so I just wanted to ask again before it gets forgotten in this thread because this is also a concern of mine with CC. Will contract goals be specific to your playbook style?
It would be a big letdown if my contract demands that I pass for 4000 yards one season despite have a run-heavy playbook or vice versa.

i thought i saw in one of the vids that there was also a "rush for 3200 yards in one season" goal. so, i'd think that if you acheived this one instead of the passing one, there wouldnt be a huge letdown of not acheiving the other. but i'd like to know also that if your contract goals, such as these, recognize your playbook.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 09:57 AM

i thought i saw in one of the vids that there was also a "rush for 3200 yards in one season" goal. so, i'd think that if you acheived this one instead of the passing one, there wouldnt be a huge letdown of not acheiving the other. but i'd like to know also that if your contract goals, such as these, recognize your playbook.

For most contracts, these lofty yardage goals only give you pluses in your job security, and don't penalize you for not hitting them.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
For most contracts, these lofty yardage goals only give you pluses in your job security, and don't penalize you for not hitting them.

From what I've seen, the more arrows in one particular direction, the more security you gain or lose for that goal. If it has 4 green arrows but no red arrows, hitting that mark makes you a stud but if you don't, you don't get penalized. If there are 2 green and 2 red, hitting it gives you a bump (but not as big of a bump if it were 3 or 4) but not hitting hit actually brings you down (moreso then a single red arrow but not as much as 3 or 4).

Deuce
05-24-2011, 10:04 AM
From what I've seen, the more arrows in one particular direction, the more security you gain or lose for that goal. If it has 4 green arrows but no red arrows, hitting that mark makes you a stud but if you don't, you don't get penalized. If there are 2 green and 2 red, hitting it gives you a bump (but not as big of a bump if it were 3 or 4) but not hitting hit actually brings you down (moreso then a single red arrow but not as much as 3 or 4).

That's what it looks like to me as well...I like it.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:08 AM

:nod:

Some of the more penalized goals are wins, and making bowl games.

psusnoop
05-24-2011, 10:09 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ContractGoals.png

Just for quick reference since it is being discussed right now.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Some of the early builds, I was seeing coaches getting fired when they shouldn't have, and one good thing they added was based on the school's rating, there are win goals for 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 wins.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12ContractGoals.png

Just for quick reference since it is being discussed right now.

Yeah there definitely is quite the variety of goals in this game...plus there are "unexpected goals". These are goals you do not see until you fail or pass them. I believe you don't see them until the end of the season when it is contract review time.

psusnoop
05-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah there definitely is quite the variety of goals in this game...plus there are "unexpected goals". These are goals you do not see until you fail or pass them. I believe you don't see them until the end of the season when it is contract review time.

That's dirty but for some reason I really like this idea. Hidden agendas and all.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
For those wondering, I just got the following clarification regarding the ability to create a new coach mid-dynasty and stay at the school you just got fired from (the NSU TeamBuilder question...

...in an offline dynasty you can still create new human controlled coaches inside of the dynasty and assign them to the team you want, so if they get fired as the head coach of their created school, they can "retire" that coach and create a new coach to take over the reins of their created school.

In an online dynasty you can do it as well, but it might require an additional step from the commish (depending on what they have set for everyone's initial job prestige/position). If you get fired from your 6-star created school, you can quit the dynasty and rejoin, but if the commish has it set so that all new coaches have to start as a 1-star coordinator, they will need to go into dynasty setup and edit that initial job setting so that you can take back your job at your created school.

Thank you to Ben Haumiller for clearing this up for the community.

psusnoop
05-24-2011, 10:24 AM
For those wondering, I just got the following clarification regarding the ability to create a new coach mid-dynasty and stay at the school you just got fired from (the NSU TeamBuilder question...

Thank you to Ben Haumiller for clearing this up for the community. :clap:

That should clear that up for those guys. Good to hear, I know there was some worry about this.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
:clap:

That should clear that up for those guys. Good to hear, I know there was some worry about this.

My advice would have been...just don't get fired :D

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
My advice would have been...just don't get fired :D

Well, with you playing on Varsity, and using 99 OVR team's, that's easy to say. The guys that do this like their team to be as horrible as possible at times. ;)

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Well, with you playing on Varsity, and using 99 OVR team's, that's easy to say. The guys that do this like their team to be as horrible as possible at times. ;)

You must be mistaken :D I haven't played on Varsity since the PS2 days :P

brza37
05-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the reply. So those lofty goals will just be random and not based on whether my playbook style is geared more towards running or passing?
It would have been nice if they could have built playbook style logic into the goals but I guess not getting penalized is a good workaround.

Colossal28
05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
It makes me chuckle that coaching offers have been so demanded for so long, and now people are worried about not being able to stay at the same school...haha

Pig Bomb
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
It makes me chuckle that coaching offers have been so demanded for so long, and now people are worried about not being able to stay at the same school...haha

now we found out you can stay... problemo gone

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 11:18 AM
now we found out you can stay... problemo gone

Exactly. Now CC is officially a TERRIFIC addition.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
You must be mistaken :D I haven't played on Varsity since the PS2 days :P

You used to play on Varsity? :D :smh:

Colossal28
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I wonder how realistic the ladder will be concerning job offers. Will you go from OC at a low school, to OC at a mid-level school, then to HC at a low school, then HC at a good school?

If offers use the same logic as the old games, after one/two years you get offers rolling in from powerhouses like Tenn/ND/Wisc. I'd love it to be a slow climb to the top.

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Had to grow up sometime :D

Hustleman
05-24-2011, 11:22 AM
This year in NCAA 12 Dynasty Mode: When you move a player from CB to FS or RB to FB or DT to RG/RT or OLB to MLB or SS to OLB how are the players ratings affected. Players change positions all the time and some time for the better so I was wondering How did that work this year in the game??

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 11:24 AM
This year in NCAA 12 Dynasty Mode: When you move a player from CB to FS or RB to FB or DT to RG/RT or OLB to MLB or SS to OLB how are the players ratings affected. Players change positions all the time and some time for the better so I was wondering How did that work this year in the game??

It's worked like this before. At the end of the season I've had many times where a position change actually worked out favoring a seasoned player for another position. Very interesting.

TChalla
05-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I dont understand this if you like a run heavy or a pass heavy offense i would think you would pick a lower level school to suit to suit your playbook. It will make your climb to the top a bit easier.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2011, 11:33 AM

Well, don't forget. We are talking about someone who likes to play Hanna Montana games, so I'm certainly not shocked about the playing on varsity. ;)

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Look at the screenshots of the contract goals. Notice that on most goals there are a different number of red and green arrows. This shows that some goals help a lot if you succeed, and only do a little damage if you fail, or vice versa.

For example, if you were the HC at Texas, you may have a goal of winning 8 games. If you succeed, it doesn't help much. If you fail, it is devastating. Under the same contract, you could have a goal of winning 12 games. If you succeed, it's a huge boost. If you fail, it doesn't mean much.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, don't forget. We are talking about someone who likes to play Hanna Montana games, so I'm certainly not shocked about the playing on varsity. ;)

:fp:

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 11:41 AM

:fp:

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/98/188/JBHuskers.png?1275618517253

Yeah .... more than you guys :P so what? :D

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I wonder how realistic the ladder will be concerning job offers. Will you go from OC at a low school, to OC at a mid-level school, then to HC at a low school, then HC at a good school?

If offers use the same logic as the old games, after one/two years you get offers rolling in from powerhouses like Tenn/ND/Wisc. I'd love it to be a slow climb to the top.

i agree with the post and i am not picking at you but just found it hilarious that you mentioned TENNESSEE as a "powerhouse" lol sorry from TN but am die hard Ducks fan and have been for years, just funny to hear someone call UT a powerhouse with the crap they have been putting out over the past few...

sorry... carry on...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go

"E"

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 12:10 PM
i agree with the post and i am not picking at you but just found it hilarious that you mentioned TENNESSEE as a "powerhouse" lol sorry from TN but am die hard Ducks fan and have been for years, just funny to hear someone call UT a powerhouse with the crap they have been putting out over the past few...

sorry... carry on...

"E"

One of my carousel sims, Tennessee had only one win. It was a couple years in though....

One of the cool things is seeing teams like Central Florida and Houston make runs down the road to get in BCS games.

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 12:11 PM

I used to play on Varsity......................and would lose. :p

souljahbill
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM

You can always decline those offers from big schools if you want to grind it out.

Colossal28
05-24-2011, 12:48 PM

sorry... carry on...

"E"

Even though they've been down for some years now, I'd still consider them a great opportunity for most coaches, for example Kiffin was a pretty big land, till' he jumped ship. As far as the attributes needed to dominate a dynasty, Tenn has great recruiting, tradition, pipelines and a conference that will allow it. I'm saying they're a school that shouldn't pick up just anybody after one good year at WKU

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I dunno if Kiffin was a big land....he never won anywhere prior, including Tennessee before he jumped to USC.

Head coaching record
Overall 15–11 (college)
5–15 (NFL)

Colossal28
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Regardless of his unproven history, I think he's still a "Big Name" in the coaching world, even if it is due to controversy. He's got family history and experience in the NFL. Let me also add that I don't support or like Kiffin haha. USC is paying the guy $4M to coach for god's sake, even if he might run them into the ground.

Again, my original point was that I hope Big Schools don't offer just because it's a user. I just want it to make sense.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I used to play on Varsity......................and would lose. :p

:fp: :P

HuskerBlitz
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM

Thank you to Ben Haumiller for clearing this up for the community.

Music to my ears! Thanks for finding that out!

joshuahuskers
05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Music to my ears! Thanks for finding that out!

Agree. Excellent. Thanks so much steelerfan, and thanks to Ben for clearing up the issue. I am now officially stoked for coaching carousel.

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Souljah I'll start a dynasty with you and schedule Ole Miss vs. USM every year lol.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Agree. Excellent. Thanks so much steelerfan, and thanks to Ben for clearing up the issue. I am now officially stoked for coaching carousel.

Glad to do it. It didn't seem right that you couldn't start as a new coach, but I wasn't sure. Now we know.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I dunno if Kiffin was a big land....he never won anywhere prior, including Tennessee before he jumped to USC.

Head coaching record
Overall 15–11 (college)
5–15 (NFL)

which prompts us for an entry in the next wishlist tournament... stupid AD's to hire morons...:nod: as some would say... NO STUPID AD's = WORST GAME EVA :fp:

"E"

Treadstone6700
05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
One of the cool things is seeing teams like Central Florida and Houston make runs down the road to get in BCS games.

Do 6 star schools also have down years down the road? Like would Texas ever have a season where they go 5-7 and they fire their coach? Just wondering what kind of fluctuation there will be

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Do 6 star schools also have down years down the road? Like would Texas ever have a season where they go 5-7 and they fire their coach? Just wondering what kind of fluctuation there will be

I actually saw Texas do another 5-7 season in year two or three, they fired the coach.

I did a Carousel one time with Nebraska as the DC. Year one, they went 12-1. Year two, 6-7.

I also believe Oregon had a sub .500 season or right at .500 and fired their coach as well. So big schools will cut ties.