PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got some defensive tips

tnupsman00
05-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I am having some serious problems with my defense. Any help would be appreciated. I been mixing 3-4,4-3,3-3-5, and 4-2-5. i haven't decided what is good all this is foreign to me. If you wanna see how I play where maybe you can help me out look me up under tdcptamerica on ps3. Thanks guys.

morsdraconis
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, first off, you need to decide a scheme. From there, look at the X's&O's section on Utopia. There are some EXCELLENT write ups for pretty much all of the defensive schemes there that you can learn quite a bit from.

psuexv
05-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Well, first off, you need to decide a scheme.

Yes, decide how you want to play first. Are you going to be ultra-aggressive and blitz non-stop or more passive..etc. You also have to base it on your personnel, if you have 4 or 5 stud LBs and your DL is so/so you probably don't want to run a 4-3. If you have a ton a quick talent maybe the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.

whitepony99
05-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I feel a lot of it is how you set your gameplan up, via the gameplan screen. I almost always set zone defense to conservative, from there I will adjust my d line from aggressive to balanced throughout the game based on what the opponent is doing.

tnupsman there is no magic defense that stops everything, I like using the 3-4 but I have used a 3-4 and 3-3-5 in the past. I have came up with some solid 4-2-5 blitzes but they rely on good man defense so not all teams can run it. Actually in my last 5 games I have used the 2-4-5 defense more then any other, if you have a team with good big outside linebackers you can really come up with a good scheme similar to the Green Bay Packers. Plus got a few blitzes out of it that don't have a lot of risk reward going.