PDA

View Full Version : Official Blog: Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12

Paakaa10
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Today developer Josh Looman's blog about Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 was posted to the official website: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

Hey Madden fans-

I'm Josh Looman, senior designer on Madden NFL 12, in charge of everything new in Franchise mode this year. First, let me explain how much I care about Franchise mode to give you some insight into how excited I am about this year’s features.

I was the sole designer on Franchise mode for Xbox and PS2 in Madden NFL 04, 05, 06 and 07. A lot of the features we added back then are some of my all-time favorites. I left Madden to be the lead designer on NFL Head Coach 09 and with my team, we created the most in-depth career mode game ever (as far as I’m concerned). I came back to Madden with the goal to provide the fans with an experience similar to Head Coach 09…tons of features and depth within the Franchise and Superstar modes.

This year, after talking to Phil Frazier (Executive Producer), we agreed that it was imperative we get our depth modes back to where you expected them to be. That’s why writing this blog is so important to me. I feel like it’s my responsibility to give you as much as I can in these modes…and that includes tons of community-requested features.

I honestly hope that what you read in this blog floors you! Ready? Here we go…and remember, this year is for you…the fans!

Follow the link above to read the lengthy blog, then come back here to discuss the new announcements!

Paakaa10
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Some sample screenshots from the blog:

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/NewsArticle/franchiseheader_656x369.jpg?cb=1305556077

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/madden12/fc2.jpg

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/madden12/fc3.jpg

Paakaa10
05-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Personally, it's amazing to me to see such a long list of things that have been added/updated for Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 12 just about one year removed from the now-"infamous" pre-E3 blog for Madden NFL 11 which essentially stated that Franchise didn't get a lot of love in that game. If the day of that blog was the lowest point for Franchise gamers in Madden history, then today's blog is definitely a revelation.

Franchise Mode has had little to convince me to keep playing it for much longer than a single season in the past few years; with all of the additions this year, I can definitely see myself becoming a Franchise addict and royally tweaking my wife with the time I'll be spending in the game.

coogrfan
05-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Wow.

The M12 guys are really bringing it this year. I wonder what (if anything) the NCAA folks can be adding to dynasty that can compare with this?

Tarhead10
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow.

The M12 guys are really bringing it this year. I wonder what (if anything) the NCAA folks can be adding to dynasty that can compare with this?

Yeah that was pretty nice...

fsuprime
05-16-2011, 02:05 PM
pretty freaking bad ass, i understand if some of that stuff doesn't make it to online franchise, but the single player improvement is enough for me to pre-order madden, I did not purchase last year so if EA is watching this thread...you have sucked me back in with good hard work.

CLW
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
pretty freaking bad ass, i understand if some of that stuff doesn't make it to online franchise, but the single player improvement is enough for me to pre-order madden, I did not purchase last year so if EA is watching this thread...you have sucked me back in with good hard work.

NO ALL of this stuff (and I mean 100%) of it MUST/NEEDS to be in Online Franchise (or at least an option to turn it on). WTF is the point in franchise improvements if you cannot also do it in an online franchise with friends?

souljahbill
05-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Why would getting a coach that's positive for your QB negatively effect your D-Line? I could see if it hurt your RB because he may not get to tote the rock like he wants but I don't understand why it would have an effect on a totally unrelated position.

CLW
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Any of you Game Changers have the ability to tell us what (if any) improvements listed in this article are in Online Franchise as well?

I've gotta funny feeling that the answer is zero and that online franchise is still a flaming POS.

Paakaa10
05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Any of you Game Changers have the ability to tell us what (if any) improvements listed in this article are in Online Franchise as well?

I've gotta funny feeling that the answer is zero and that online franchise is still a flaming POS.

I don't think we have anyone here who went to the Madden NFL 12 event last week. And those of us who have been to NCAA Football 12 events--believe it or not-- have no inside track on Madden features.

Jayrah
05-19-2011, 06:22 AM
Now THAT...Was a blog!!!!! :)

G O O D S T U F F ! ! !

accfsu34
05-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Im seeing myself anticipate Madden mre then Ncaa this year.

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Im seeing myself anticipate Madden mre then Ncaa this year.

Now just wait a tick.... Dynasty info coming on ncaa this year. Already Coach Carousel, full customizable conferences, and several other big features for dynasty. There is NO way I'm anticipating Madden more.... But I AM anticipating it, after not anticipating it at all last year. The big one for me in Madden is the drafting of top players from your NCAA dynasty actually being top players in the draft class come Madden dynasty.

accfsu34
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM
Now just wait a tick.... Dynasty info coming on ncaa this year. Already Coach Carousel, full customizable conferences, and several other big features for dynasty. There is NO way I'm anticipating Madden more.... But I AM anticipating it, after not anticipating it at all last year. The big one for me in Madden is the drafting of top players from your NCAA dynasty actually being top players in the draft class come Madden dynasty.

To each his own, lol. Im just happy for once since 2005 we are getting a "good" college and NFl game in the same year. It seems since the move to next gen every year, Madden is good and NCAA is bad, or the reverse.

Jayrah
05-20-2011, 04:07 AM
To each his own, lol. Im just happy for once since 2005 we are getting a "good" college and NFl game in the same year. It seems since the move to next gen every year, Madden is good and NCAA is bad, or the reverse.

Agreed!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jaymo76
05-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Really looking forward to this game. Could this be the first Madden since 06 that I will play for 10+ seasons???

iBrandon
05-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I have to say, if all the features would like advertised, Madden may get more play this year than ever before. These improvements sound amazing.