PDA

View Full Version : Community Day Question.

DariusLock
05-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Ok I'm just wondering what all requirements does EA Sports look for when they invite people to the NCAA Community days. A bunch of the guys that attend these are members of this site so I was just wondering how you guys got these opportunities.

I'll probably never be active enough to be included in these, I was just wondering haha.

Paakaa10
05-15-2011, 08:30 PM
As people start to respond to this thread, I'm sure you'll find that EA SPORTS doesn't really have certain set "requirements" that they look for when sending out Community Day invites. Of the 16 people at the NCAA Football 12 events, I'm sure just about everyone has a different story surrounding their involvement.

Personally, I'm a member of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program, which is basically a "community leaders" program which recognizes people who are involved with EA SPORTS games and trying to promote the community and help the voice of the community be heard as the games are developed. I was inducted into the program last July after basically bugging the crap out of former EA SPORTS Community Manager Will "raczilla" Kinsler on Twitter, making suggestions for NCAA and Madden and asking questions about the games as they were in development. I also wrote a couple articles on my personal blog about team ratings in NCAA Football 11 and which conferences were most viable for an Online Dynasty, as well as an article about my idea for the ideal Madden NFL 11 demo (which unfortunately went ignored haha).

My first "projects" for the program were a contest for people to post their best Online Dynasty Wire story write-ups on the EA SPORTS.com forums and then a blog series for the official NCAA Football 11 website titled "Rivalry Rundown" where I talked about the history of a rivalry game that was being played in real life that week and then played a game in NCAA 11 between the two teams taking control of the underdog for that match-up. I also wrote a series of blogs about team ratings in NHL 11 which were posted to the official site before the game was released.

Just before Christmas, I got the email invite asking if I wanted to attend the first NCAA Football 12 Community Event in January; the rest is all pretty well-known from there.

JeffHCross
05-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Just before Christmas, I got the email invite asking if I wanted to attend the first NCAA Football 12 Community Event in January; the rest is all pretty well-known from there.That's practically all I "know" from my story. Have ideas/suspicions about more, but in terms of cold hard facts, that's all I've got.

JBHuskers
05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
For me, I started off with my own website centered around the Tiger Woods game, Back Nine Blog. They noticed my site, and I was invited to the Tiger 10 community day. Within five minutes of meeting Will (former community manager), I was asked to come back for NCAA. And since then I have been to community days for both titles since, along with MMA last year.

DariusLock
05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
For me, I started off with my own website centered around the Tiger Woods game, Back Nine Blog. They noticed my site, and I was invited to the Tiger 10 community day. Within five minutes of meeting Will (former community manager), I was asked to come back for NCAA. And since then I have been to community days for both titles since, along with MMA last year.

Sounds like EA has a little crush...:)

Kingpin32
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
JB does weird things for attention.

psuexv
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
JB does weird things for attention.

That he does

psuexv
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Within five minutes of meeting Will (former community manager), I was asked to come back for NCAA.

BTW - I thought we wouldn't have a need for a pat yourself on the back emoticon :D :D

JBHuskers
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
BTW - I thought we wouldn't have a need for a pat yourself on the back emoticon :D :D

:smh:

psuexv
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
:smh:

:nod:

JBHuskers
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
He asked, and I answered :P

Koach Vonner
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Since I will probably never be active enough to get invited to a community day. Can one of you guys ask this question for me:

Will the pre-snap adjustments (D-Line Movement, O-Line Blocking, Secondary Alignment, Hot Routes etc..) still be conducted with the D-Pad?

This was one of the features I hated most about Madden last year :smh:. It really messed up my experience with the game :mad:. I want them to keep it the same as NCAA. Triggers (Xbox 360) and Bumpers (PS3) :)).

gschwendt
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Since I will probably never be active enough to get invited to a community day. Can one of you guys ask this question for me:

Will the pre-snap adjustments (D-Line Movement, O-Line Blocking, Secondary Alignment, Hot Routes etc..) still be conducted with the D-Pad?

This was one of the features I hated most about Madden last year :smh:. It really messed up my experience with the game :mad:. I want them to keep it the same as NCAA. Triggers (Xbox 360) and Bumpers (PS3) :)).
NCAA's is the same as it was on NCAA11. I believe I read in the last day or two that Madden's will remain the same as last year, however you'll still have the option of using the old style.

DariusLock
05-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I guess I'll have to start donating and writing some good quality blogs if I ever want a shot. Oh who am I kidding lol. I'll donate but I doubt I could come up with any good blogs. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

psuexv
05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I guess I'll have to start donating and writing some good quality blogs if I ever want a shot. Oh who am I kidding lol. I'll donate but I doubt I could come up with any good blogs. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Plus you have to be an EA Fanboy :D

JBHuskers
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Plus you have to be an EA Fanboy :D

Apparantly so, according to delusional people. :D

psuexv
05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Apparantly so, according to delusional people. :D

HA! I couldn't help myself, had to post. Bricka bracka firecracker sis boom bah! Bugs Bunny! Bugs Bunny! EA, EA, RAH RAH RAH

JBHuskers
05-16-2011, 01:06 PM
HA! I couldn't help myself, had to post. Bricka bracka firecracker sis boom bah! Bugs Bunny! Bugs Bunny! EA, EA, RAH RAH RAH

What a Looney Tunes pull :D

ram29jackson
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
NCAA's is the same as it was on NCAA11. I believe I read in the last day or two that Madden's will remain the same as last year, however you'll still have the option of using the old style.

you mean get rid of the pad except for online ? did they make it so the pad isnt involved at all offline if you dont want it?

it should be gone -period- it adds unnecessary steps

ram29jackson
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZvOtbq07c