PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele's 2010 CFB Preview now in stores

coogrfan
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I picked up a copy of the magazine tonight at Barnes & Noble (Westheimer @ Voss). Can't wait to dig in... :cool:

Rudy
06-04-2010, 05:07 AM
I made the mistake of buying this mag one year. Won't happen again. It should be titled Phil Steele's College Football Review since all it does is rehash players no longer on the team and he just regurgitates 75% of what he wrote last year. Not enough info on the players for the upcoming season imo.

Seriously, I'd love someone to pull out his mag from last year and compare it to the write-up this year. Tons of rehash. That's the problem when one guy tries to write everything.

coogrfan
06-04-2010, 07:13 AM
It's true that Steele's magazine is as much a reference as it is a preview, but the thing that I love about is the material the other mags don't have (detailed analysis of things like players lost to the draft, starts lost to injury, strength of schedule, etc.; spring notes and so on ).

Rudy
06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
The players lost to the draft is neat. The mag does have a ton of stats. I just wish it gave more info on the upcoming team.

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I have reviewed the 95, 96, 97, and 98 Phil Steele magazines and compiled a list of the PS #'s of most of the players on the 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes. I am quite interested in comparing that to this year's PS# list and seeing who out of this year's class is like Ohio State's 1995 class (I've already found comparisons for pre-1995 recruits).

Rudy
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see a list compiled of all the national championship teams and how many guys ended up draft picks in the NFL. The 2001 Miami Hurricanes had 16 players drafted in the first round. That's unbelievable.