PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
05-13-2011, 10:54 AM
The first details of the game have been leaked.

In two weeks Activision planned to announce Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 officially, but the cat is out of the bag and it has brought a staggering amount of information, release date, details on game modes, pictures, audio dialogue, and even campaign spoilers.

Here are the important things to know about Modern Warfare 3 without spoilers. If you feel like you want to go into the game without any prior knowledge then this would be the time to turn back.

Release date: November 8th 2011

Multiplayer: Up to 20 playable maps (might change before retail shipping)

Game will start where the last game left off and will have players traveling around the world including Paris, London, and NYC.

New characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Game modes: Spec Ops mission mode and Spec Ops Survival mode, which is described as waves of enemies at an increased difficulty during progression.

Courtesy: Stick Skills (http://stickskills.com/article/1566/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-details-leaked/)

Visit Stick Skills for some concept art from the game

AustinWolv
05-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I'll play it, but more excited for Gears of War 3, NCAA, etc. CoD has gotten ridiculous to appease the hyperactive Mountain Dew kiddies.

JBHuskers
05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I've already put in 24 hours into the Gears beta...maybe two hours in CoD: Black Ops online?

I OU a Beatn
05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Survival mode = :clap:

I'll definitely play the hell out of that regardless of how everything else is.

I'm already burned out on Gears 3. If they don't patch the two new weapons, I'm not even going to buy it. :D

oweb26
05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I will agree with IOU on this one, if nothing else COD has mastered the survival, zombie game modes. Everything else fails at an alarming epic proportion.

cdj
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7_dYWMsL0

JBHuskers
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
...the we've been leaked so we have to put something out video :D

DariusLock
05-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Black Ops is a lot more fun when you play with a group of people like yourself and then you mute the rest of the room! I usually don't play unless it's a full team or by myself...one pillow, no pillow case. Woke up, took a nap, went back to sleep...you ever been night night?

cdj
05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04&feature=player_embedded#at=52

Flav
05-23-2011, 11:56 PM
It looks so good, I want it, and I want it now!!!

This probably won't be as good as Battlefield 3, but I'll be buying both!

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Fucking wowzers....

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Not really into the online style of CoD. By this time, I should still be pretty engrossed in GoW3....but in terms of a hype trailer, I dug it.

I OU a Beatn
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
It's the equivalent to NCAA and Madden for me. Regardless of how good/bad it is, I'm buying it. I'm just really hoping they return to the roots with COD4. COD4 was single handily the best online shooter I ever played. There's also been murmurs of the game getting dedicated servers as well which would automatically improve things greatly.

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Dedicated servers would probably include a fee to use them huh? Dedicated gaming servers are not a cheap thing...

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Dedicated servers would probably include a fee to use them huh? Dedicated gaming servers are not a cheap thing...

You forget how much money these fools have made over the years :D

DariusLock
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Still though, they release like two map packs after they release the game when they probably already had the maps finished when they shipped the game. They are going to make as much money as they can just like any other company, who can blame them.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Still though, they release like two map packs after they release the game when they probably already had the maps finished when they shipped the game. They are going to make as much money as they can just like any other company, who can blame them.

Not when millions of people spend $15 for their DLC.

cdj
05-26-2011, 07:41 AM
More MW3 info from USA Today:

Get ready for another Modern Warfare thrill ride.

Based on two levels shown at an Activision pre-E3 event last week, Call of Duty is in good hands. That means more outlandish action for players when COD: Modern Warfare 3 lands Nov. 8 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PCs.

The level called "Black Tuesday" picks up the story of Delta, a special ops force deployed to New York City to help combat the Russian advance that has continued since wiping out Washington, D.C., in Modern Warfare 2. "At this point, Russia has invaded and taken control of the air space and has complete control of the harbor," says Michael Condrey, vice president and chief operating officer of Sledgehammer Games, which co-developed the game with Infinity Ward.

Your character is Derek "Frost" Westbrook, a U.S. Army Ranger and a Staff Sergeant in Delta. The action begins ominously when the Humvee he is in gets hit and Frost must extract himself. That done, Frost and Delta squad press forward through Manhattan to Wall Street, led by "Sandman," a Master Sergeant who "is sort of your Captain Price," says Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling.

The fighting goes to the floor of the Manhattan Stock Exchange where a rooftop-based radar jamming tower must be destroyed. "Taking that down is the first step in clearing airspace to allow the U.S. to begin to push Russia out," says Mark Rubin of Infinity Ward, the game's executive producer.

A new addition to the franchise is the dual scope for the M4 assault weapon, which allows for close combat and distance targetting on a single weapon. "As the situation changes or environment changes you can flip it up on the fly" by hiting left on D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller, Bowling says.

Fans of the series will also be rewarded with wielding an XM25 air burst grenade launcher, an experimental weapon being used in Afghanistan and costs about $1.5 million each. Delta is also armed with the latest nine-bang incendiary device. "That's most likely what (the assault team) carried into" Pakistan to capture Osama bin Laden, says Condrey, who previously helped develop Dead Space at Visceral Games.

Once the tower is brought down, Delta climbs aboard a chopper that is pursued in an aerial battle amongs the skyscapers. It's a more claustrophobic gun battle than the series' previous helicopter clashes and, despite a close call, the mission is a success. "One of the things we are trying to capture in that first scene is just the epic scale of urban warfare in an environment you haven't really seen before," Condrey says. "It is epic adventure action on a level that we haven't seen on this scale before. It starts at the ground level of Manhattan and it ends in the sky. You really get to see all of Manhattan."

The other action previewed takes place in London with the player taking the role of British SAS (Special Air Service) operators, which have appeared in both previous Modern Warfare games. "The SAS is a very different type of unit than Delta force in just the way they operate," Bowling says. "They have intelligence that has piqued the interest of the SAS that has come into the port of London that they want to just get eyes on. It's purely recon: let's figure out what this is and why it's here."

After dispensing with a smattering of surrounding protective forces, the squad gets to the particular box truck in question. When they open it, there's nothing inside. Suddenly, a new wave of attackers assaults them. The player must push them back toward a Metro subway station. As the enemies commandeer a subway train, your team hops into subway maintenance trucks and gives chase in the tunnel.

The moving gun battle results in a Mission Impossible-styled chase and crash with your truck struggling to avoid the careening train cars -- as seen in the trailer that hit the Net and NBA broadcasts earlier this week. "It's really a different feel of gameplay than we usually have were you are usually pushing through bad guys who are looking to stop you," Rubin says.

Another note to hard-core fans, he says, is that the SAS will be carrying MP5 submachine guns, a weapon from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare that was cut from Modern Warfare 2. "That was a huge fan favorite in the game," Rubin says.

Many fans have wondered what effect the dismissal of Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella would have on the game's development. (See Game Hunters' past coverage of the rift and subsequent legal battle between Activision and the studio co-founders.)

Joining forces with Sledgehammer felt natural, Bowling says. "Being two studios with a similar attitude but from different perspectives allowed us to push each other," he says. "That's really where this game comes from."

Courtesy: USA Today (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/05/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-the-first-entries-in-the-action-games-travelogue/1?csp=34)

ryby6969
05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
MP5 is back!:nod:

cdj
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
From the Wall Street Journal ('Call of Duty' Sets Sights on a Fee Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html#i xzz1NtPt2Qv6):

Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too.

Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game. In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.

Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription.

Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests.

Another feature of the service will give "Call of Duty" players tools, modeled on those from stock-trading websites, to analyze their performance within the game, gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies.
The plan—which comes a week ahead of the videogame industry's big E3 trade show in Los Angeles—is a potentially risky bet by Activision that it can further milk profits from consumers, who could feel the $60 they spend on "Call of Duty" in stores is enough. Charging a monthly subscription fee is more common for multiplayer games that run on personal computers. The most successful of those is "World of Warcraft," a fantasy game from Activision's Blizzard division that has over 11 million subscribers, who typically pay $15 a month for the service.

Read the full article here (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond).

EDIT - More from Stick Skills (http://stickskills.com/news/1722/call-of-duty-elite-details-emerge/).

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Looks cool, I guess. I'll consider it if the game is any good and if they reveal more features I'm interested in.

souljahbill
05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
So begins the fall of Activision and Call of Duty. Everyone knew it would happen eventually. Activation just has bad timing. While Call of Duty still sets records, the fact is, a lot of gamers are getting CoD fatigue and starting to look elsewhere for their FPS fix (Battlefield anyone?) Now that Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk are dead, once CoD is milked to powder form, Activision is going to need that Bungie joint to keep themselves swimming in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
It may seem that way, but it's truly not:

Most played 360 titles last week (http://majornelson.com/2011/05/25/live-activity-for-week-of-may-16/)

It's not just last week, either. It's been like that pretty much since Black Ops released. It's an uber popular series that I don't see going away for a very long time because it's a one of a kind game. It's pretty much on the same level as Angry Birds...it's something you can pick up and play and it's the "cool" thing to do nowadays and talk about with friends. It's a very casual shooter, so it only lasts me about a month(unless it's COD4...which I still occasionally play), but I can still admit that I can have fun with it.

If they bring back the nuke, I'll be thrilled. I played MW2 for a solid 3 months every day with friends just competing to see who would be able to get the most nukes. I stopped keeping track about about 30 I believe, one friend had around 25 and wasn't all that far behind me, while I never saw the other friend get one but he claims he did. :D

Playing basically any game mode other than Team Deathmatch on Rust was an easy nuke. I guarantee you half my nuke launches were on that map and I had the perfect strategy for it. If I still had the game, I'd definitely be sitting in Rust all day trying to get my nuke still.

souljahbill
05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
It's popular now because it's $60. It won't be as popular with a $5 monthly tag on top of the $60. Plus, like the Wii, it's impossible to sustain this upward momentum forever. I can't see it become MORE popular then it is. It has to have peaked. It's more like to level off then increase in sales and it's more likely to decline then level off with annual installments.

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
The fee isn't required, nor do you gain any particular advantage if you do decide to purchase the optional subscription. As for hitting it's peak, I sincerely doubt it. I have absolutely no doubt MW3 is going to shatter just about every video games sales record when it releases this November. I'd say it's a very, very safe bet at the very least.

souljahbill
05-30-2011, 10:33 PM
The fee isn't required, nor do you gain any particular advantage if you do decide to purchase the optional subscription. As for hitting it's peak, I sincerely doubt it. I have absolutely no doubt MW3 is going to shatter just about every video games sales record when it releases this November. I'd say it's a very, very safe bet at the very least.

Let's say MW3 does break every record. Will Black Ops 2 or World at War 2 or whatever next year's game is break this year's record? It can only go up for so long. It's going to come down. It has too. Call of Duty is closer to it's peak then it has room for growth.

And sure enough, I'm sure the service won't be mandatory but I bet Activision is going to do all they can to get you on board. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave subscribers dedicated servers and make the non-subscribers play P2P. Activision knows that at $5 a month, that's an extra $60 out of you for a year of service. That's $30 more then the standard $60 + $30 they've been doing (2 $15 map packs). Multiply that extra $60 for the service by a million or 2 and you have yourself a nice piece of easy coin in the bank.

I still say it's the beginning of the end.

I OU a Beatn
05-30-2011, 11:00 PM
They would never do that and they'd be completely moronic if they did. If they did such a setup, they'd be cutting their fan base into sections. P2P cannot mix with dedicated servers, so you'd only be able to play with the people who had the service or vice versa. They said the features would be purely cosmetic and not game altering, so as long as it remains that way, people shouldn't feel pressured into buying.

As for Black Ops 2 or whatever, it's definitely possible. There's more 360 and PS3 owners coming onto the market every single day, so in theory, all games should be getting a sales boost because of it. But to answer you, no, I don't think people are growing tired of it. I personally feel the series has become stale, but I don't think everyone else has. If they make slight improvements and give them the addictive game play they want, Call of Duty will be around for a very long time. Look at the sales numbers for MW2 and Black Ops - it's just staggering. They could lose half their sales and they would still be one of the highest selling video game franchises.

morsdraconis
05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Calling any of the CoD games "hyper-realistic combat-simulations" makes me laugh SO hard.

Personally, I won't be buying any more CoD games again. I have a PC to play REAL FPSs on now so I don't need to play shitty console ones anymore. Especially shitty console ones that don't have dedicated servers.

Flav
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Career-LeaderboardTracker.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Career-PlayerCard.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Compete-ProgramGuide.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Career-RecentMatches.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Connect-Theater.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Improve-GhostPro.JPG

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ELITE_Improve-RedDot.JPG

Flav
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks

Baller!

I OU a Beatn
06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
No nuke and no dedicated servers. Boo.

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Interesting. Not sure what to think really. I keep telling myself that I refuse to pay for another CoD game because of how incredibly bullshit that are compared to real FPSs, but, then the remembrance of how much fun MW2 was when it first came out before all the bullshit started keeps making me hope that there is more to come.

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd actually be MORE interested in the game if they didn't add anything that had the destructive killing power of the Gunships from MW2 and Black Ops. Stop making killstreaks ridiculously powerful (and almost unstoppable) and instead, make the killstreaks things that not only help you, but help your team win the match.

That's why I like Domination (and, to a certain extent, Headquarters) better than any of the other game modes. It forces the players to work as a team instead of everyone just running around shooting everyone. It's far more tactical than Free-For-All or just normal boring ass Team Deathmatch.

cdj
08-01-2011, 07:32 AM
From Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/31/commando-perk-removed-from-modern-warfare-3/):

Commando perk removed from Modern Warfare 3

Love it or hate it, Modern Warfare 2's ninja-inducing Commando perk has gone the way of the dodo, and will not be flipping out and killing people in Modern Warfare 3. The perk, which allows for furious cursing near instantaneous melee attacks over an extended range, has been removed as part of an overall multiplayer balancing effort, according to a tweet posted by Infinity Ward Creative Strategist Robert Bowling.

At the moment, it is unknown whether or not Commando's absence will also remove its Pro variant, which negated fall damage and provided a strategic advantage on key maps. It's possible that this enhancement may be reassigned to a new and/or different perk, however it could just have easily been sacrificed in the name of balance. In related news, replacement controller sales are expected to drop by a hundred billion percent.

skipwondah33
08-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Hahaha thank goodness that is gone.

morsdraconis
08-01-2011, 09:40 AM
If they'd have actual fuckin' servers for their games instead of having shitty US internet peer to peer hosting, it wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Nothing is more frustrating than to shoot someone 6 times (and the game, on your end, show them being shot 6 times) only to die and their end only show you shot them twice. Commando wasn't bad. That bullshit is bad.

Once again, Infinity Ward is putting band-aids on a gaping fuckin' hole that is their multiplayer experience ever sense they decided that they just weren't making enough money so they'd stop using servers for their multiplayer and make even MORE money.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Bring me Respawn Entertainment's first offering please.

cdj
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
MW3 Achievement List (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/achievements/)

JBHuskers
10-07-2011, 03:18 PM
One good thing Activision does is make nice trailers....here's the new singleplayer one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AdKgDVruHfo

I OU a Beatn
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Probably my most anticipated game of the year and I can't wait to get my hands on it. When they say "we're going back to what made COD4 so special - the one on one gun game," consider me HIGHLY interested.

Violator
10-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Probably my most anticipated game of the year and I can't wait to get my hands on it. When they say "we're going back to what made COD4 so special - the one on one gun game," consider me HIGHLY interested.

and then 20 mins after you have played you will have a list of bitches about the game

JBHuskers
10-07-2011, 04:47 PM
and then 20 mins after you have played you will have a list of bitches about the game

:D that's Beatn in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMK3XGO27k

skipwondah33
10-07-2011, 05:41 PM
lol

I'm looking forward to it. Most fun I've ever had online (other than our old Tiger rounds) was COD MW2

I'd never been into shooters before other than Bond on the 64. Absolutely loved playing MW2 online with a group of friends. Though I hated the glitches in the game, still loved it.

Violator
10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
:D that's Beatn in a nutshell.

and i will be the guy actin all *** and saying hello to all the boys and asking odd questions then getting them mad at me while i sit and laugh

I OU a Beatn
10-07-2011, 05:54 PM

Probably, but it's still Modern Warfare. I have way over 50,000 combined kills between COD4 and MW2 even though I wasn't a huge fan of MW2. I like it a lot more than I do the Call of Duty games that Treyarch puts out and other than BF3, there's no shooters coming out the rest of the year that I'm even remotely interested in. At least I can't think of any other ones.

GatorfanStovy
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Who is all excited for the game and picking it up?Also for what system? I'm still not sure to pick this up for either PC or Ps3.Where I am going this winter may have good enough connection but my PC might due the fact I can bump off my 3g ner work from V .

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Discussion already taking place here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2181-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-November-8-2011

GatorfanStovy
10-23-2011, 01:25 PM
My Bad .

GatorfanStovy
10-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Bump for one less then two weeks away.Too bad MW3 is not going to do a beta like bf did oh well.

I OU a Beatn
10-23-2011, 02:01 PM
They did have a beta, it's called MW and MW2. It's pretty much the exact same thing, including the P2P servers. I'm still getting it, though, simply because I love the MW series online.

Violator
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
They did have a beta, it's called MW and MW2. It's pretty much the exact same thing, including the P2P servers. I'm still getting it, though, simply because I love the MW series online.

your like a battered wife. you want to stop but you just cant leave :)

I OU a Beatn
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't have a problem with Call of Duty games. I have a problem with games that I want to play competitively and end up sucking. However, I have zero expectations to play Call of Duty competitively, so I don't care how bad it is. I had over 25,000 kills on MW2 and that was top 5 most unbalanced online shooters I've ever played in my life.

ncaajunkie
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
i'm looking to find the best place to pre-order the game, who has the best pre-order bonuses?

thanks

JBHuskers
10-28-2011, 01:21 PM
i'm looking to find the best place to pre-order the game, who has the best pre-order bonuses?

thanks

Scroll down just a tad, and you'll find the MW3 thread.

ncaajunkie
10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
thanks

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Kill Confirmed sounds interesting. Kinda keeps snipers away, unless they can really work together with someone else on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRA0cjr02OA

I OU a Beatn
11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Not in Call of Duty. Quick scoping is so effective you can run around with a sniper rifle all you want. It will encourage moving, though, so that's probably the mode I'll play the majority of the time.

morsdraconis
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I see the hit detection is just as ridiculous as before. Shooting a dude and "killing" him while moving around a corner where you can't even see him anymore. :smh:

GatorfanStovy
11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I watched the live stream from IGN today it was freaking awesome and I'm still hooked.It looks like a ton of fun just before but more going on to earn points and get fun kills to make it more enjoyable for causal player.Can't for next week fellas!

Tho I have to say that this kill confirmed BS is bogus for sniper fans.That might be annoying but either way you still get points.

AustinWolv
11-02-2011, 10:28 AM
That video just looks like the typical spazz-fest on CoD MP.

Violator
11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
yeah the quick/hard scope is silly. we played a few games last night and Matman was running around on Favela with a sniper and went 20-3. if your good at it you can just wreck people.

morsdraconis
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
yeah the quick/hard scope is silly. we played a few games last night and Matman was running around on Favela with a sniper and went 20-3. if your good at it you can just wreck people.

It's really dumb. They need to balance it by making it where the sniper rifles don't do anywhere close to as much damage up close. You really don't even have to be halfway good. I've done the bullshit too and I SUCK with sniper rifles.

GatorfanStovy
11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
This quickscoping is getting out of hand of people complaining about because they can't defend .I watched the live feed from IGN yesterday and they've done the best at trying to fix but nothing more was said.And it sounded like a few of them liked it so good luck with all the complaining about.

Violator
11-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I dont complain about it. I dont have too much issue with it. But it is amusing seeing someone run around favela with a intervention.

I OU a Beatn
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I never had much of a problem with it, either. Everyone seems to bitch about it, but whenever I play, I rarely ever get sniped.

morsdraconis
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Damn it... I'm not gonna lie, after seeing all the interesting things they're doing with the different ways to get streaks (killstreaks, point streaks, and specialist streaks), the additional stuff added for guns, and everything else, I'm slightly interested.

morsdraconis
11-02-2011, 08:42 PM
God damn it, this is the ultimate killstreak :fdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqL4QY9CGY

GatorfanStovy
11-02-2011, 08:49 PM
What more was you wanting to see?No one will get it right away any how.

morsdraconis
11-02-2011, 09:15 PM
What more was you wanting to see?No one will get it right away any how.

Actually, looking at this video, I don't see that killstreak on there at all. Might be one of those Care Package only killstreaks or something, in which case, I'm ok with it.

Of course, also looking at this video below, they brought back the god damn AC130 and it looks like the Care Package is an Assault package killstreak instead of a Support package pointstreak. That's kinda lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWvimK11MA

JBHuskers
11-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Think I'm going to get this....but probably wait til Christmas, unless Skyrim bumps up their bonus to $20 then I'll really think about it a week or so after release. Mainly because the old band is somewhat getting back together from the Rainbow Six Vegas/SOCOM Confrontation/Modern Warfare 2 days.

JBHuskers
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Here is Modern Warfare 3's version of "No Russian"

If you don't want to see any of the single player campaign, don't watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhpeLUyjbQ&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
K-Mart accidentally sold MW3 early, one went on eBay for way too much. (http://www.geek.com/articles/games/modern-warfare-3-sells-for-1725-on-ebay-4-days-before-release-2011114/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Either the price was hiked up by someone not intending to pay, or they just have too much money on their hands. Plus, if you go on XBL early with MW3, you could get banned. Which is a shame considering a retail store released it early.

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Think I'm going to get this....but probably wait til Christmas, unless Skyrim bumps up their bonus to $20 then I'll really think about it a week or so after release. Mainly because the old band is somewhat getting back together from the Rainbow Six Vegas/SOCOM Confrontation/Modern Warfare 2 days.

Did someone see the light last weekend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KZKZs-2YM

AustinWolv
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
JB, Activision pulled the video.

I'm getting a little annoyed with the "we're going to shock you more" thing that CoD and now BF3 both took.

morsdraconis
11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
You can see it here (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81984481/) if you want to watch it.

JBHuskers
11-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah it's not really earth shattering. No Russian was kinda disturbing, a lot more than this is.

morsdraconis
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah it's not really earth shattering. No Russian was kinda disturbing, a lot more than this is.

I don't know. It's pretty much always been an unwritten rule of not including kids in a situation where you'd be able to kill them in a video game (thus the reason why Oblivion and, most likely, Skyrim won't have kids in the world, or they'll prevent you from killing them somehow like in Fallout 3).

Neither were all that disturbing. This stuff happens in real life, so it's hard to be truly disturbed by it or "No Russian".

AustinWolv
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
If you don't have kids, it means less to you. Did it really bother me or will it keep me up at night? No. I've seen much, much worse. Does it need to be in a video game? No.

I OU a Beatn
11-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks like the nuke is back! You do not have to equip it as a killstreak, it just unlocks once you get 25 kills in a row. The only difference is that while it does kill everyone, it does not end the game - it allows everyone to respawn. Fucking sweet. I loved the nuke in MW2 so much that I played it well into February SOLELY going after nukes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_R3QbKfKKU

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Looks like the nuke is back! You do not have to equip it as a killstreak, it just unlocks once you get 25 kills in a row. The only difference is that while it does kill everyone, it does not end the game - it allows everyone to respawn. Fucking sweet. I loved the nuke in MW2 so much that I played it well into February SOLELY going after nukes.

That was always something I hated in MW2. If you had someone camping somewhere that was difficult to get to without dying, or you had a group working together, there were many times the game would only be a couple minutes old and it was already ending because of a nuke. It was like "thanks for wasting my time douchebag". Taking away the "nukes end the game" is awesome. Finally those that camp and rely on cheap shit to get their nukes that they would never get legitimately, will finally not ruin random games for everyone.

I OU a Beatn
11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I never got nuked. When I saw someone at more than 15 kills in a row, my only mission became hunting their ass down. There were several times where someone almost got one on me, but I never got nuked. On the other hand, I probably launched over 100 - 25+ of which were on Rust. :D

Reading more into it, most people think the nuke will only be available on private games and not during matchmaking, but it hasn't been confirmed. Either way, it's 25 GUN kills in a row - killstreaks do not count.

GatorfanStovy
11-05-2011, 12:32 AM
3 more mother fucking days!!

morsdraconis
11-05-2011, 12:39 AM
(sigh)

And my excitement level for the game just died again. Motherfucker, why can't they make nothing but killstreaks that have a counter? What the fuck is the point otherwise?

skipwondah33
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
3 more mother fucking days!!

Yep.. Definitely looking forward to it

Iron Dragon
11-06-2011, 08:00 AM
The Nuke seems to be private match only.

Violator
11-06-2011, 01:08 PM
So Ive been suffering through BLOPS to get my last token for MW3. Then bunch of guys jumped on MW2 last night and I decided it would be a good idea to go with a riot shield only last night. If I had the nuke on i would have gotten one with just C4 kills. the best part i still kept a 1/1 kdr just playing with a riot shield. I cannot wait for new maps so i can get people pissed at me with the riot shield. somehow people consider that more douchey than OMA with noob tube and danger close. not sure how but they dont like it.

SmoothPancakes
11-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Hahaha, I love dicking around with the riot shield every now and then. Toss on a riot shield, a shotgun or pistol, and some other goodies, damn those were some fun games. Even more fun when it'd be me and 3 or 4 friends teamed up together in a group and all of us were fucking around, rolling with riot shield, pistols or shotguns, and some C4 and claymores.

skipwondah33
11-06-2011, 02:43 PM
So Ive been suffering through BLOPS to get my last token for MW3. Then bunch of guys jumped on MW2 last night and I decided it would be a good idea to go with a riot shield only last night. If I had the nuke on i would have gotten one with just C4 kills. the best part i still kept a 1/1 kdr just playing with a riot shield. I cannot wait for new maps so i can get people pissed at me with the riot shield. somehow people consider that more douchey than OMA with noob tube and danger close. not sure how but they dont like it.
Haha I think I remember playing against you guys back then with the riot shields. It is so infuriating to go against, your shooting, throwing flash bangs..all the while getting beat up side the head with the damn shield lol

Will be looking to get in with you guys if you don't mind.

I OU a Beatn
11-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm so glad I played all of the Call of Duty games(except World at War) online long enough to prestige at least once. If I had to play Black Ops or MW2 right now, I'd slit my throat.

Actually, I might have to. I spent all my time on MW2 on PS3 and the same with COD4. FUCK.

Violator
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm so glad I played all of the Call of Duty games(except World at War) online long enough to prestige at least once. If I had to play Black Ops or MW2 right now, I'd slit my throat.

Actually, I might have to. I spent all my time on MW2 on PS3 and the same with COD4. FUCK.

Blops sucks soooo bad. I swear i said many times i would rather shove 250 toothpicks in my peehole than have to play that game. I went through and got the whole prestidge in 18 hours but i only played about 10 games with friends. so it was all merc TDM and then saw merc moshpit so i went there and spent all my time there. but wow i dont know how anyone can enjoy that game or any COD game with randoms. i was always on the top or near the top just because i would go do the objective. i never saw so many people worried about their KDR. I am just glad that my trip through hell is done. now have all of them prestidged

Violator
11-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Hahaha, I love dicking around with the riot shield every now and then. Toss on a riot shield, a shotgun or pistol, and some other goodies, damn those were some fun games. Even more fun when it'd be me and 3 or 4 friends teamed up together in a group and all of us were fucking around, rolling with riot shield, pistols or shotguns, and some C4 and claymores.

we had 3 or 4 of us last night running with them. the best part was with the radar hack we still didnt lose a game. we had 2 guys do 90% of the work another who just sucked and usually only had 2 or 3 kills and then us with our shields. i had tears coming out several times from laughing so hard with people yelling at us and calling us scrubs.

And skippy if we ever have room your more than welcome to join. just usually tough esp when it first comes out because there is almost always a full room with us. but your welcome to battle us and lose anytime!! :D

GatorfanStovy
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
One more long day fellas!!

skipwondah33
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
And skippy if we ever have room your more than welcome to join. just usually tough esp when it first comes out because there is almost always a full room with us. but your welcome to battle us and lose anytime!! :D

Thats fine that is how I started playing you guys anyway was against you.

On another note I didnt prestige with Black Ops, didn't keep the game long enough I don't believe. Should have though.

What special reward to you get?

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM

On another note I didnt prestige with Black Ops, didn't keep the game long enough I don't believe. Should have though.

If I'm not mistaken, you get to start out prestiged in MW3, but I could be wrong on that.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm still debating on this today. You still have 9 and a half hours to purchase this and get release day delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Playstation/dp/B00503E9FY/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20

oweb26
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
No 20.00 means no buy immediately for me.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I'm still debating on getting it tomorrow or waiting until later in the month.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
No 20.00 means no buy immediately for me.

Damn, they didn't put $20 on it? Well fuck that then. MW3 just got pushed back to at least December before I buy it.

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I probably won't buy it at all. As interesting as the hype machine made it seem, Skyrim is going to be my baby for several months, at least. I don't have time for mediocre shooters on a console that I don't even have XBL Gold on anymore because I don't play it anymore.

Violator
11-07-2011, 09:57 AM

you get what they call tokens. for every COD game you prestidged in you get a token. they can go for what I am gonna use them for which is an extra class. but you can also get double xp for 2 hours, reset your stats, open up challenges, and a few other things.

oweb26
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I probably won't buy it at all. As interesting as the hype machine made it seem, Skyrim is going to be my baby for several months, at least. I don't have time for mediocre shooters on a console that I don't even have XBL Gold on anymore because I don't play it anymore.

As interested as I am in the new survival mode (which would be the only reason I buy it), I already have battlefield, batman, dark souls, will get skyrim, and will also have saints row the third. I am offically booked up on my video games. I don't think I will be buying anything else until ME3.

I also forgot Uncharted 3 is on my radar also.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
you get what they call tokens. for every COD game you prestidged in you get a token. they can go for what I am gonna use them for which is an extra class. but you can also get double xp for 2 hours, reset your stats, open up challenges, and a few other things.

Pretty sure the only COD I prestiged in was COD 4.

Violator
11-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Pretty sure the only COD I prestiged in was COD 4.

yeah i know you didnt play enough mw2 to make it there. i hadnt done blops or waw but waw can be hacked thankfully. so i only had to do blops. though waw was pretty fun

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
yeah i know you didnt play enough mw2 to make it there. i hadnt done blops or waw but waw can be hacked thankfully. so i only had to do blops. though waw was pretty fun

I think I was pretty damn close on MW2....I think I was in the 40's

Violator
11-07-2011, 10:59 AM
thats the longest grind. 60-70 takes awhile. if i wouldve thought about it i should have gotten on your name and ranked you up

I OU a Beatn
11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
There's no $20 credit because Activision does not allow retailers to offer gift cards with newly released Call of Duty games. It doesn't bother me a bit, though. I have enough Amazon credit to fully pay for the Hardened Edition, Skyrim(which I'm on the fence with), Halo CE Anniversary, and then AC: Revelations.

GatorfanStovy
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
This is gonna be the longest day ever.I hope it ends quickly today.

Violator
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
If anyone sees me online I will be the moron with the riot shield. Though i guess im gonna have to play for real until i get C4. Then i get to enjoy myself. i am going for the longest amount of time to hit prestidge. i think i can do it in 80 hours or more

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Okay the Hype Train has run me over. I just preordered Modern Warfare 3 with release day delivery tomorrow.

Violator
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
choooo choooooo

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
choooo choooooo

:nod:

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
From IGN :D

6000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Stolen in armed robbery!! http://go.ign.com/v491rc #mw3

Violator, I know it was you, hook me up!

Violator
11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
From IGN :D

6000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Stolen in armed robbery!! http://go.ign.com/v491rc #mw3

Violator, I know it was you, hook me up!

shhhh, dont tell. i do know a guy who knows a guy that once met a guy who knew another guy who has them

skipwondah33
11-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Well shit. I'm pretty sure I didn't prestige in Black Ops. Not sure where I stopped though and damn getting the game with MW3 coming out tonight/tomorrow.

I did prestige MW2 twice though I think.

Thanks Vio.

Yesterday I seen the commercial for the game with Jonah Hill, Sam and Howard in it..pretty funny.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM
This is pretty good with Jonah Hill, Sam Worthington, and Dwight Howard :D If you watched any football this weekend, guaranteed you saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
:D

Dwight Howard is awesome. Pretty cool commercial.

oweb26
11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
There's no $20 credit because Activision does not allow retailers to offer gift cards with newly released Call of Duty games. It doesn't bother me a bit, though. I have enough Amazon credit to fully pay for the Hardened Edition, Skyrim(which I'm on the fence with), Halo CE Anniversary, and then AC: Revelations.

How do you get so much credit? It alwasy makes me use my credit on for some reason and I can't figure out how to make it go away. Especially the ones that are for video games only.

DariusLock
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
At the checkout screen there is something that says "Use credits" or whatever and it has a checkbox, just uncheck the box.

I OU a Beatn
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, when you're filling out your credit card information there's a place that says "use credit" right in the middle of the page and all you have to do is uncheck it, which is what I normally do. I like saving up enough for 3 or 4 games and then using credit. I know it's all the same in the end, but oh well... still feels good getting something without paying for it.

ryby6969
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I can't wait to get this. Sucks I won't get it until like 6pm tomorrow because of work.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I even am going to get ELITE. So two things I didn't plan on getting until today, I'm going to get so I can have Founder status :D #HypeTrain

I OU a Beatn
11-07-2011, 06:07 PM
The only reason I'm getting Elite is because I'm getting the Hardened Edition. I'll easily get $20 for the artbook on eBay, and I'll EASILY get another $20 for the stupid avatar DLC, so my steelbook and Elite status are going to be pretty much free.

PS3 owners who get Elite are getting screwed over when it comes to the free DLC. I think it's highly stupid that you pay $50 a year for Elite and PS3 owners will STILL have to wait a month after 360 users get the map packs. So stupid.

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
It's $50 a YEAR for Elite!? Jesus christ.

I OU a Beatn
11-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Well, $40 if you buy the Hardened Edition. It gives you access to the 4 DLC packs that are coming out, so that's $60 right there. If you always buy all the map packs, it's wise to get Elite. I don't, but like I said, I'll basically be getting the maps for free so I'll do it this year. Next year? Hell no.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah since I'm going to be playing this online quite a bit, Elite makes sense for me.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
I got invited into the closed beta for Elite back in June and was fully accepted into it back in August, but I never really saw much point of it. Maybe it was just because it was during the beta testing phase, and using Black Ops for the beta testing, but it seemed a bit pointless. Only reason I would ever even consider buying it would be the maps alone.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I got invited into the closed beta for Elite back in June and was fully accepted into it back in August, but I never really saw much point of it. Maybe it was just because it was during the beta testing phase, and using Black Ops for the beta testing, but it seemed a bit pointless. Only reason I would ever even consider buying it would be the maps alone.

Yeah it's just like why I bought the Season Pass for Gears 3. Gears 3 is going to be around for quite a while as a shooter online, so getting all the packs at a total of a 1/3 off makes sense.

Violator
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
the only reason i am getting elite is because of the maps. theres nothing else in it, but saving the $ for maps is worth it

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
the only reason i am getting elite is because of the maps. theres nothing else in it, but saving the $ for maps is worth it

Yeah since they started the trend of bending us over with $15 for map packs.

Iron Dragon
11-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I bit the bullet and am getting it tomorrow via Amazon. I'm gonna probably like it. The IGN one hour mutliplayer video looked fun.. I like the new multiplayer modes and killstreaks. Hopefully it's balanced.

And I had credit from NTG2011 (Finally that game pays off) so I paid $40 for it.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I bit the bullet and am getting it tomorrow via Amazon. I'm gonna probably like it. The IGN one hour mutliplayer video looked fun.. I like the new multiplayer modes and killstreaks. Hopefully it's balanced.

And I had credit from NTG2011 (Finally that game pays off) so I paid $40 for it.

Yeah considering on Support, if you get killed you don't lose your pointstreak (which is replacing killstreaks)....

Violator
11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
yeah now ill even get my killstreaks on my riot shield. thats gonna be silly

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
yeah now ill even get my killstreaks on my riot shield. thats gonna be silly

Can't wait to hear the other side post game bitch about Vio :D

I OU a Beatn
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone's Amazon copy ship yet? Mine still hasn't, which really worries me. Amazon has been known to fuck up shipping when limited editions are ordered which is why I didn't want to order it with them in the first place.

Violator
11-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Anyone's Amazon copy ship yet? Mine still hasn't, which really worries me. Amazon has been known to fuck up shipping when limited editions are ordered which is why I didn't want to order it with them in the first place.

nope ill be going to Wallace World in about 30 mins to get mine. Yeah me and Walmart are such good friends I get to call him Wallace.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I just got the email confirm from Amazon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Escobar
11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm waiting in line at another Best Buy since the one i work at didn't have a midnight release. But I'm getting the game for free thanks to an unadvertised promotion I found out about right before I got off ;)

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Yep, Modern Warfare 3 has officially been pushed back to at least December 1st for me, most likely until after Christmas. With Assassin's Creed Revelations coming out next Tuesday, work being busy as hell right now with our winter food and toy drive campaigns in full throttle now on two of our three stations, the NBA 2K12 online association, and me putting Halo Reach in last week for the first time since probably last spring and playing that pretty much exclusively since last Wednesday, MW3 is getting kicked down the road for a later purchase and at a cheaper price.

This is the first time I haven't bought the new COD right away since I got my 360. I bought COD: WaW within a day or two after getting my 360 for Christmas, then bought MW2 and Black Ops on release day. This, it can wait.

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Mine finally shipped. Damn, Amazon, you guys better not be starting to slack!

Violator
11-08-2011, 12:58 AM
another fail by devs. party systems dont work!!! hmm its not like this game is sold because of the single player

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 02:11 AM
another fail by devs. party systems dont work!!! hmm its not like this game is sold because of the single player

Didn't you know? They don't give a shit about anyone playing their game outside of the 360 horde (what, with the 360 getting the maps well before the PC/PS3 people and all that).

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah, if my only choice was Call of Duty on PS3, I'd skip it. It's unbelievable how much better the game is all around on 360. It's a complete and utter fucking joke they can even get away with that shit. Black Ops and MW2 were both ATROCIOUS on PS3 and Black Ops especially was way better on 360. Just like right now, I can see half my friend's list are in parties playing with their friends on 360. If I were Sony, I'd straight up say "either develop equally or make it exclusive." Of course, they wont do that, because it sells a shit ton on their system as well.

skipwondah33
11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
So the Elite gets you all of the maps for the less than $15 a piece price?

Doesn't the Hardened edition do that which costs $99? If the Elite thing is $50 and the regular game is $50 what else is the point that I am missing?

Damn it I really didn't want to fork over another $50

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
So the Elite gets you all of the maps for the less than $15 a piece price?

Doesn't the Hardened edition do that which costs $99? If the Elite thing is $50 and the regular game is $50 what else is the point that I am missing?

Damn it I really didn't want to fork over another $50

Elite gets you all the maps for a year....it's included, no more extra to shell out. Probably the equivalent to 4 DLC's...

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 08:42 AM

They've had that problem since COD4...

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Now that Modern Warfare 3 has been released, the deals can start......

Amazon: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) + $25 Credit for Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership $52 + Free Shipping (http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Playstation/dp/B00503E9FY/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360 & PS3 & PC) + $20 Buy.com Credit $55 + Free Shipping (http://www.buy.com/prod/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/q/loc/108/221911448.html)

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I got the $25 off Live for preordering, but I have so many years of Live saved up that I can't redeem any codes, so I guess I'll have to pass on that.

The stupid Elite site is apparently down so I can't even log in to redeem my "Founder's Status," whatever the fuck that is.

oweb26
11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

Wow its getting killed by the users, havent seen such a big disparity in a long time. I wonder if this keeps up will we see some critics rethink their reviews, I have seen it done before I think they call it a second opinion. lol

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I got the $25 off Live for preordering, but I have so many years of Live saved up that I can't redeem any codes, so I guess I'll have to pass on that.

The stupid Elite site is apparently down so I can't even log in to redeem my "Founder's Status," whatever the fuck that is.

You have til the 13th to redeem for Founder Status.

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Holy fucking slow movements, Batman. I hope there's a perk that speeds that up.

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

Wow its getting killed by the users, havent seen such a big disparity in a long time. I wonder if this keeps up will we see some critics rethink their reviews, I have seen it done before I think they call it a second opinion. lol

I LOVE it. It's hilarious. Same shit as always and I knew it was going to be. Gotta hand it to Activision's marketing team. They know how to hype up a game, but, there's no way in hell I'm buying this game and it sounds like more and more people are starting to wake up and do the same thing.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Eh, I don't care what other people on there say. Who's to say they're just commenting on YouTube videos. I'll wait and see for myself.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
This seems to be the most logical review I have seen on Metacritic....

It seems silly to me that people would bash this game based solely on its similarity to its predecessors. The reason you were so excited for this game was the fact that the previous iterations were so good! The creators have found a recipe that works, and rather than tearing it down or making large adjustments, they have added to its successful already model. It is similar to the first two titles because they would be foolish to ruin a good thing by trying to reinvent the wheel (see: Madden). The natural instinct is to compare this game to Battlefield 3 (due to similarity in game and release time) and I will be one to do so positively. My roommate plays Bf3 on the PC, and, it's true, it is an incredibly polished gem. On the PS3, though, it is slow (30fps), occasionally grainy, and the Frostbite 2 does not seem nearly as smart. MW3, on the other hand, is in its wheelhouse on PS3 with quick refresh, better blended high and lowlights, and better perspective in terms of scope. I own both and will play both, but MW3 will get the nod from me. I'm reading a lot of reviews that fall prey to failed expectations, not failure to deliver a great game. Rather than whining about it, stop back over by your local GameStop and trade it in for Heavy Rain or Arkham City. You'll end up happier and I won't have to listen to your ill-conceived disappointment on PSN.

My guess is all those people who are k/d whores aren't able to right off the bat and are whining about it :D

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
This seems to be the most logical review I have seen on Metacritic....

My guess is all those people who are k/d whores aren't able to right off the bat and are whining about it :D

No, my guess is people are tired of getting fed the same shit for three years in a row, while having to shell out $60 for it when it's the exact same game, cause it really is the exact same game. It looks the same. It sounds the same and they didn't develop one new original killstreak (their pride and joy of the series) for the game. But, of course, that's how I felt about Black Ops, MW2, and WaW. It's all the same, yet 30 million people still buy the shit.

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I don't really care what other people say either. This is the best Call of Duty since COD4 and it's not even close. I'm having an absolute blast so far. The game came with 16 maps(most games come with 8-10), a full Spec Ops co-op mode, and a 7 or 8 hour campaign that will be at least enjoyable for one playthrough, so it's more than worth the money in my eyes.

I REALLY started out badly. I don't know what it is with Call of Duty games, but my first 5 or 6 games on a new COD game are always atrocious. I've been using the SCAR so far with a good amount of success, so I'll probably stick with that for awhile. The gun battles feel a LOT better and the killstreaks were toned down a good bit, so it feels a lot like COD4 so far and I'm really enjoying it.

LOL @ the people in the 50+ rank area. What the fuck?

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I don't really care what other people say either. This is the best Call of Duty since COD4 and it's not even close. I'm having an absolute blast so far. The game came with 16 maps(most games come with 8-10), a full Spec Ops co-op mode, and a 7 or 8 hour campaign that will be at least enjoyable for one playthrough, so it's more than worth the money in my eyes.

I REALLY started out badly. I don't know what it is with Call of Duty games, but my first 5 or 6 games on a new COD game are always atrocious. I've been using the SCAR so far with a good amount of success, so I'll probably stick with that for awhile. The gun battles feel a LOT better and the killstreaks were toned down a good bit, so it feels a lot like COD4 so far and I'm really enjoying it.

LOL @ the people in the 50+ rank area. What the fuck?

Glad to hear it ... it seems the MW side of things has been more enjoyable online than Treyarch, though W@W was kind of a nice change of pace, especially with the blast radius of grenades.

I can't wait to get off work to get some time on this.

In regards to the rank....you get double xp somehow with a Doritos / Mt. Dew promotion.

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I have a bunch of double XP saved up, but I'm not using it until I can actually unlock some decent guns.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Modern Warfare 3 pre-orders near 9 million, analyst says... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/08/modern-warfare-3-pre-orders-near-9-million-analyst-says/)

According to Lazard Capital Markets' Atul Bagga, as reported by GameSpot, pre-orders for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 were nearly three times that of Battlefield 3, which pegs Activision's shooter at around 9 million pre-orders. The estimate puts Modern Warfare 3 pre-orders roughly 70 percent ahead of those for Modern Warfare 2 and 55 percent beyond Call of Duty: Black Ops. Furthermore, the analyst expects Modern Warfare 3 to move a full 20 million copies by the end of the year.

Those aren't exactly outlandish estimates, given the success of the franchise. Perhaps a more interesting study would be to gauge how many people are skipping work to play. Frankly, with Skyrim launching later this week, we fear worldwide productivity will flatline forever.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Activision: Call of Duty Elite capacity increasing to serve user rush... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/08/activision-call-of-duty-elite-capacity-increasing-to-serve-user/)

Wouldn't you know it? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and its premium "Elite" service are damned popular. And somehow, much like EA with every Battlefield ever, Activision has been caught unawares by just how popular it is, warning potential users that "Registration requests for our new live service Call of Duty Elite are exceeding even our most optimistic expectations, which is creating a bottleneck and some players have not been able to register."

Beachhead studio head Chacko Sonny (writing from the beach, we hope, for symmetry's sake) assured players in this status message that their "gameplay data is safe" and will be right there when they finally manage to get signed up for Elite. Activision and Beachhead are working "around the clock" to increase Elite capacity. Of course, when more people get in, it'll stop being elite. More like Call of Duty Inclusive.

skipwondah33
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Elite gets you all the maps for a year....it's included, no more extra to shell out. Probably the equivalent to 4 DLC's...

Ah..well shit I'll probably get that too thought it will have to wait a pay.

You can get it at anytime right?

On another note I can't remember the last time I paid attention to "reviews"

There aren't many people whom think like me, so why would I listen to them regarding a game? lol

I'm sure there will be things that I'm pissed about it, but it will serve its purpose as something to pass my time and entertain.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Ah..well shit I'll probably get that too thought it will have to wait a pay.

You can get it at anytime right?

On another note I can't remember the last time I paid attention to "reviews"

There aren't many people whom think like me, so why would I listen to them regarding a game? lol

I'm sure there will be things that I'm pissed about it, but it will serve its purpose as something to pass my time and entertain.

Yeah ... there are some side perks on redeeming Elite by the 13th as a Founding Member. But I think you should be still okay after that to redeem for the years worth of DLC. I'm hearing a lot of people saying this is the most enjoyable COD since 4. I think I'll stick with this shooter for a while hopefully.

skipwondah33
11-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah ... there are some side perks on redeeming Elite by the 13th as a Founding Member. But I think you should be still okay after that to redeem for the years worth of DLC. I'm hearing a lot of people saying this is the most enjoyable COD since 4. I think I'll stick with this shooter for a while hopefully.
Well damn if I'm going to pay $50 I want everything that comes with it, side perks and all lol

Thing is I never played COD before MW2. I wasn't into shooters really. I'd get the game (Ghost Recon) beat the campaign then take the game back. MW2 was the first shooter I played online. Absolutely fell in love with online shooters ever since. I'd play online for 5-6 hours at a time all the while saying to myself "ok this is my last one" haha.

If this game comes close to recaptures that enjoyment for me, I'm satisfied. It won't fully recapture it because I don't have that kind of time I had back then...except late on the weekends.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Well damn if I'm going to pay $50 I want everything that comes with it, side perks and all lol

Thing is I never played COD before MW2. I wasn't into shooters really. I'd get the game (Ghost Recon) beat the campaign then take the game back. MW2 was the first shooter I played online. Absolutely fell in love with online shooters ever since. I'd play online for 5-6 hours at a time all the while saying to myself "ok this is my last one" haha.

If this game comes close to recaptures that enjoyment for me, I'm satisfied. It won't fully recapture it because I don't have that kind of time I had back then...except late on the weekends.

Well as long as you activate Elite by the 13th (Sunday), you'll get everything.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Mine hasn't been delivered yet, but says it's in town out for delivery. Assume I'll get it in the next hour.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Fucking call the apartment at 4:45 and they say they don't have it, it gets delivered 10 mins later and they don't call to let me know :fp: now they're closed so I gotta wait until tomorrow now.

GatorfanStovy
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
MW3 is a ton of fun online you guys will love.it is more face pass the two was.Bigger maps are so much better.Haven't ran into much quicker scopers or glitches that I've yet.But people are getting high K/D if they are ranked high.

Escobar
11-10-2011, 11:22 AM
The bigger maps suck for fans of the shotguns. You really have to pick when you want to use it, or you'll have no chance at close encounters.

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 11:35 AM
The bigger maps suck for fans of the shotguns. You really have to pick when you want to use it, or you'll have no chance at close encounters.

Yeah you gotta do a lot of ducking in and out of buildings.

skipwondah33
11-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm getting my ass handed to me but still up to a 20+ rank in a short time. Still though I'm getting ate the fuck up :D

Getting stab a whole bunch but nearly as bad as it was in MW2 where fuckers were stabbing me from across the room.

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm getting my ass handed to me but still up to a 20+ rank in a short time. Still though I'm getting ate the fuck up :D

Getting stab a whole bunch but nearly as bad as it was in MW2 where fuckers were stabbing me from across the room.

I only played for the first time last night, and for only an hour and a half and I'm almost to level 9 already, with no double XP.

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Founders get a free month of Elite due to problems, you now have til the end of the month to get the Founder's Status... (http://www.1up.com/news/call-of-duty-elite-founders-free-month)

I OU a Beatn
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Good, that's nice of them. I'm up to level 51 and haven't really found a gun I love. I know shotguns are borderline useless and so are assault rifles. The most immediate success is going to be found running around with an SMG while just spraying the hell out of people. The Type 95, which is a 3 round burst assault rifle, is just fucking straight up nasty when you have rapid fire on it. I have it up to weapon level 30 which is just one short from maxing it out and getting gold camo. I've been using the ACR and the PP90M1 as of late, though.

Also, the maps in this game blow.

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Modern Warfare 3 sold a record 9.3 million copies in one day.

Violator
11-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I dont know what level I am but the only weapon I have close to doing all the challenges in is the riot shield. I have deflected 2k bullets. Only 8k more to go!!! I am loving Kill Confirmed. I run with my shield while my buddies pick people off. The one thing I am not liking is that you dont scavenge flashbangs or lethal.

JBHuskers
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah I love Kill Confirmed too...seems like there are a lot of yahoos that don't care about the dog tags....and there are the campers that like to camp out and point their gun at a floating dog tag.

Domination is still my favorite mode of all time in the series, did about an hour of each last night.

Upped my K/D to almost 0.5, up from 0.35 :D

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
This is nasty....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzeKEvL_Vbo

AustinWolv
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
WTF was that?

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
WTF was that?

Aimed at the other team's Domination base at the start of a match with a sniper. Jump shot for two :D

SmoothPancakes
11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Damn. :D

AustinWolv
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Aimed at the other team's Domination base at the start of a match with a sniper. Jump shot for two :D

Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

morsdraconis
11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
And, that is why that game is utterly ridiculous.

JBHuskers
11-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Those who have signed up for Elite should have this next to their name now in-game:

http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/activision/callofduty/elite/master/designs/founder_green_skull.jpg

If not, contact Activision support.

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I've had it since Friday. For those of you who have Elite and do not have it activated yet, boot up MW3. On the menu, go to Elite, and then let it load. After it loads, bring up the menu and select "Launch MW3." As soon as it launches, you'll have your exclusive items. It's worked for a lot of people on the COD forums and worked for me.

JBHuskers
11-15-2011, 04:07 PM
I've had it since Friday. For those of you who have Elite and do not have it activated yet, boot up MW3. On the menu, go to Elite, and then let it load. After it loads, bring up the menu and select "Launch MW3." As soon as it launches, you'll have your exclusive items. It's worked for a lot of people on the COD forums and worked for me.

:up: I'll be trying it tonight.

gigemaggs99
11-15-2011, 07:42 PM
? I usually only play NCAA 12, but these commericals look pretty cool.

Compared to each other which one do ya'll like more? MW3 or Battlefield 3?

Thanks

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I've already put in more time with MW3 than I have BF3. I prefer the MW3 formula so much more, but BF3 in itself is a very nice game. You can't go wrong with either, but they're completely different.

BF3 - more tactical, slower paced, and more realistic based.
MW3 - full on arcade, extremely fast paced shooter with virtually zero realism factored in.

JBHuskers
11-15-2011, 10:34 PM
I've already put in more time with MW3 than I have BF3. I prefer the MW3 formula so much more, but BF3 in itself is a very nice game. You can't go wrong with either, but they're completely different.

BF3 - more tactical, slower paced, and more realistic based.
MW3 - full on arcade, extremely fast paced shooter with virtually zero realism factored in.

That's about right, plus MW3 has a ton more game modes.

JBHuskers
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Amazon just credited my bank account $5.00 for a price match guarantee of $51.99 :up: that was nice of them.

SmoothPancakes
11-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Just played my first game of Kill Confirmed, my first game of COD multi-player since August 2010 back in MW2. Went 7-10 and captured the game winning dog tags to get us a 3 point victory.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 08:53 AM
I love Kill Confirmed. I've actually played that more than Dominaton so far.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
From Activision regarding Elite:

On the mobile front, we'll be looking to release the iOS client on iTunes before the end of the month. We expect the Android app to be available within the same timeframe. As we've mentioned before, we'll launch the mobile apps when we're sure the service will be able to handle the extra traffic they will likely generate.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
The Mountain Dew XP worked well. I cashed in 30 minutes last night. I might have to drink more Mt. Dew at work during this :D

GatorfanStovy
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
I got my first chance at killed confirmed and it wasn't all that bad as I thought it would have been. You can get so much more points doing this mode.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 01:09 PM
It still doesn't really curb camping....selfish 13-year olds on Code Red Mountain Dew still get their K/D even though it may not be confirmed .... only team players care about confirming or denying the kills.

Regardless, I still love the mode.

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Kill Confirmed encourages camping even more so than the regular deathmatch mode does. People will get a kill and sit there watching for someone to try to grab the tag. So lame, but I guess some people have nothing else better to do.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm digging the daily and weekly challenges that they put out there to get you to try something different by highlighting it.

SmoothPancakes
11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm digging the daily and weekly challenges that they put out there to get you to try something different by highlighting it.

I didn't even know they had those. So are they basically similar to the challenges they have in Halo Reach with daily and weekly?

I OU a Beatn
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Pretty much.

SmoothPancakes
11-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Nice. Those challenges are sort of nice. The weekly challenge this week is getting 200 kills with small arms weapons in multiplayer matchmaking. I don't use the pistol all that much when playing Reach, but while playing Reach on Monday and Tuesday, before it got shelved for my new games, I used the pistol a lot in some games and racked up maybe 50 kills over a period of two hours or so between both nights. So the challenges are nice. Gets me to use weapons I don't normally use and play game modes I don't normally play.

psusnoop
11-18-2011, 07:55 AM
*language is NSFW please adjust volume

:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZIuBoeu73M

JBHuskers
11-18-2011, 08:48 AM
That's actually Beatn....for those who don't know.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
That's fake as hell. :rolleyes:

psusnoop
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM

That's fake as hell. :rolleyes:

Violator
11-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I am not liking this game as much. The spawn points are as bad as BLOPS. There is no static spawn points, it seems like you will spawn in front of a group of people staring at you. I was playing last night and got 5 payback kills within 8 seconds of spawning in. It also works the other way. I kill someone and then a few seconds later im getting shot in the back from the guy I just killed. I dont get why they didnt keep the spawn system from MW2. I never got spawn trapped and when it did start to happen or people got within a certain vicintiy of the spawn you would switch spawn points. Also another bitch, has anyone played Spec ops with a partner online? If so did you lag like crazy for the first minute or so?

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Really glad I didn't buy this game. Sounds more and more like it's the same old shit.

I OU a Beatn
11-18-2011, 11:09 AM

I am not liking this game as much. The spawn points are as bad as BLOPS. There is no static spawn points, it seems like you will spawn in front of a group of people staring at you. I was playing last night and got 5 payback kills within 8 seconds of spawning in. It also works the other way. I kill someone and then a few seconds later im getting shot in the back from the guy I just killed. I dont get why they didnt keep the spawn system from MW2. I never got spawn trapped and when it did start to happen or people got within a certain vicintiy of the spawn you would switch spawn points. Also another bitch, has anyone played Spec ops with a partner online? If so did you lag like crazy for the first minute or so?

Yeah, the spawning is really bad. I think they should also lower the bullet damage so that it's similar to Black Ops, and then get rid of the fucking stupid lag compensation. That is the most annoying shit I've ever seen placed in a game.

Violator
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
ohh yeah nothing better than being 5 foot past a corner and dying cause of bullet lag.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 04:27 PM
ohh yeah nothing better than being 5 foot past a corner and dying cause of bullet lag.

Yup. Not missing that at all.

I OU a Beatn
11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
It's amazing how many characteristics this game shares with the NCAA Football and Madden series. :D

morsdraconis
11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
It's amazing how many characteristics this game shares with the NCAA Football and Madden series. :D

Basically a complete train wreck online unless you want to cheese people to death? I completely agree.

Violator
11-23-2011, 10:07 PM
yeah i havent played online at all but for the first 2 days. the maps are not good at all imo, the corner bullet lag is horrible, the players are only after 1 thing which is their kdr. hopefully after a few months it will calm down and people will start playing the game and mode for what it is

I OU a Beatn
11-23-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't mind the players(campers and players who don't go for objectives), but I absolutely can't stand the shit that Infinity Ward did to this game. The lag compensation is just ridiculous, the maps are some of the worst I've seen in an online game, and it's just in general, boring as shit. I mean, what the hell have they been doing for two years? It's the same exact feeling I got playing Madden and NCAA the past several years, but actually worse. They've had two years and only minimal improvements have been made and virtually zero in areas that actually needed improved.

I guess that truly shows what a lack of competition does. NCAA and Madden literally have zero competition, so they've been slacking for years. Call of Duty has so little competition that it might as well have none. BF is starting to step up and attract players, so maybe that will get Activision off their asses. Hell, this generation of consoles/games has been one big ass disappointment for me. I miss my PS2 + NCAA '04 + SOCOM 2 + Killzone 1. :(

Violator
11-25-2011, 05:08 PM
yeah i feel ya beatn. im pissed i spent money for elite. its just a crappy game. hopefully the dlc maps are better but if they are like the ones out now then its going to be a huge waste of money. and i agree with the no competition, whats even worse is people still play the crap and i dont know, its not as fun like it once was. but to me its just black ops v2.

I OU a Beatn
11-25-2011, 06:21 PM
On 360, MW3, Black Ops, and MW2 are still 3 of the top 4 most played titles, with MW3 being 1, Black Ops being 2, Battlefield 3 being 3, and MW2 being #4. They're ahead of great(and way better) games like Skyrim, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Gears of War 3, etc...

It is ridiculous. If they would've just fixed the lag/host advantage and not given us a completely fucked spawn system, I would've been fine with it. I can deal with shit maps, but I definitely can't deal with the game spawning someone behind me and basically fucking me over. It's stupid, unfair, and just straight up bullshit.

I also read a rumor today that said the first map pack wont release until March 1 and will only include 4 maps from MW1 and MW2. If they wait that long to release maps, I don't care if I do have Elite, this shit will most assuredly be gone. The fact that I've managed to play it long enough to get to prestige 1 level 55 already is a miracle and that's only two weeks. Another 4 months on these garbage maps isn't going to work.

For the record, MW2 was definitely flawed, but I had WAY more fun on that game than what I've had on MW3. I still maintain that COD4 was not only the pinnacle of the Call of Duty series, but the pinnacle of online shooters this generation. Killzone 2 and Resistance Fall of Man are literally the ONLY shooters I've enjoyed online this generation up until the point in which I stopped playing.

Violator
11-26-2011, 10:18 AM
well they did fix the lag. there was an update that fixed it. at least it seemed like it was. played about 15 games of snd last night it seeemed like it was fixed. not sure about spawn system but i doubt it is fixed.

JBHuskers
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm enjoying it. I like it better than Black Ops for sure.

Violator
11-27-2011, 11:54 AM
i wonder what people think when they look at my kdr compared to my win/loss ratio. i am rocking a 0.75 kdr but over a 90% win/loss. I had people asking me wtf i was doing. i rocked a riot shield with overkill. my other weapon was a sniper rifle and i went 4 kills 18 assists and 2 deaths. all 4 kills were no scoped sniper kills. people were yelling at me in the lobby while my party was laughing its ass off. i so enjoy being a moron but the funny part is that while i dont get many kills i average 8 assists per game. thats at least 8 kills my guys get because of my moronicness.

i played some snd the other night, people didnt know what to do when they saw a guy with a riot shield. and i have the funniest kill the other night. playing snd on dome, i was last alive, i pulled out my fng's and shot a barrel a few times trying to draw guys in. it worked like a charm and when 2 guys came into the room the barrel blew up and killed them both and we won. nothing funnier than getting bitched out and called a try hard because your wearing a riot shield :D

JBHuskers
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
First DLC is out January 24th.

morsdraconis
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
:smh:

I OU a Beatn
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I have Elite and I doubt I even download it. It's mind blowing just how badly this game sucks.

JBHuskers
12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
There are a couple of annoyances, but I'm enjoying the game online.

I OU a Beatn
12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zszpdSEPlPc

So when is Respawn Entertainment launching their shooter?

Violator
12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
wow that is just douchey. the guy thinks hes badass which is funny, all he is doing is spawn trapping. I love the fact he says the only way the can kill me is if they head glitch a spot. ummmmmmmm wow.

I OU a Beatn
12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Never mind him, that just proves how fucking brutally bad the spawn system is. Infinity Ward and Activision should absolutely be ashamed of themselves. They need to go to a studio like Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, or Epic Games and learn how to develop games.

morsdraconis
12-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Almost tempted into buying this shit again. Bad Mors, what am I thinking?

JBHuskers
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Best comment, and it was only 3 hours ago and 40+ likes:

I phoned Guiness to let them know... They told you to fuck off!

skipwondah33
12-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I haven't played this in a month or so it seems. May get on to play later tonight.

That video is rather comical and infuriating at the same time.

JBHuskers
12-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah I haven't ran into anything that douchy.

skipwondah33
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
JB I'll have to play against you and Vio sometime soon if I ever catch you guys on.

JBHuskers
12-28-2011, 02:57 PM
JB I'll have to play against you and Vio sometime soon if I ever catch you guys on.

Vio's always stuck up and in a group that's always full :D I haven't play much in the past week, really been hitting Battlefield hard.

oweb26
12-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Vio's always stuck up and in a group that's always full :D I haven't play much in the past week, really been hitting Battlefield hard.

Wise choice my friend. LOL
I haven't touched this game about about a week myself.

JBHuskers
12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I really don't mind it. This is the most I've played since CoD 4.

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
That's not really saying anything. Every Call of Duty since COD4 has been garbage, although none of them have been as bad as MW3. It's just a boatload of all kinds of issues that really isn't even worth dealing with, hence why I haven't touched it for 2 or 3 weeks. Fingers crossed the game Respawn Entertainment is working on will put Call of Duty out of business permanently or until they learn they can't continually fuck over their fan base.

Violator
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
See Beatn your one of those guys I make fun of on the game. You take it too seriously. every game is gonna be flawed, i have played the shit out of it and there isnt 2 games that go by that i am not laughing about something, or at someone. Esp when they get so mad. The best part is I got called a ****** striker and tac insert *** last night. Its funny that when you kill someone that gun or whatever becomes a douche or ***. I love the fact that I have a 91% win/loss record and a 0.71 kdr. and that has gone up from 0.59 since xmas nubs.

and yeah JB we are always full it seems. theres been a few times where they didnt have room for me.

And if you wonder what it is like to play against someone like me, a buddy sent me this saying there is a 5 y/o version of me.

VERY NSFW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNBB0n21gic&fb_source=message

morsdraconis
12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
:smh:

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Every game is flawed, but very few are as flawed as recent Call of Duty games. Look at Gears of War 3. The spawn system is damn near perfect, the connection quality is smooth as hell 99.99% of the time, and everything is balanced. Compare that to Call of Duty, a game that rakes in way more money than Gears does, and they can't even fucking provide a smooth online experience with a working spawn system. It's a joke.

I'm not even going to mention the hilariously bad map design. It's ALMOST as bad as the maps in SOCOM 4 which is really saying something with how shitty those were. MW3 is just plain bad for ANYONE that plays it competitively. I play single player games for fun. I play online games for the competitiveness of it and when it comes to competitiveness and MW3, I might as well not even(and I don't) waste my time.

JBHuskers
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
See Beatn your one of those guys I make fun of on the game. You take it too seriously. every game is gonna be flawed, i have played the shit out of it and there isnt 2 games that go by that i am not laughing about something, or at someone. Esp when they get so mad. The best part is I got called a ****** striker and tac insert *** last night. Its funny that when you kill someone that gun or whatever becomes a douche or ***. I love the fact that I have a 91% win/loss record and a 0.71 kdr. and that has gone up from 0.59 since xmas nubs.

and yeah JB we are always full it seems. theres been a few times where they didnt have room for me.

And if you wonder what it is like to play against someone like me, a buddy sent me this saying there is a 5 y/o version of me.

VERY NSFW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNBB0n21gic&fb_source=message

Well hopefully we can run sometime soon! And do some Spec Ops too.

skipwondah33
12-28-2011, 08:21 PM
OU I thought you said MW2 was the worst version they made..MW3 overtook that?

It is easy to find flaws in every game. I thought NBA2K11 was a great game...one of the best I've played..but it had flaws. I love this version of Madden but it has flaws. Honestly if someone doesn't a flaw in a game then there is a problem or not many people are playing it to begin with.

Violator
12-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Well for ANY respawn game how can you play that as a competitive game? I guess im just too old to see it. I only played Socom serious. Anything that is a respawn game that feeds the need for an energy drink to play or meth then I dont see the point. I play it because of my buddies on there and to piss people off. Nothing is funnier than people cussing me for killing them with a shotgun or a riot shield. I have a couple guys i play with that take it seriously, to me id rather make people laugh and make myself laugh while i play. I am too old to even care how good i do. but its even better when the other team talks shit and then i tell them they got beat by a guy with a 0.7 kdr.

SmoothPancakes
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Well for ANY respawn game how can you play that as a competitive game? I guess im just too old to see it. I only played Socom serious. Anything that is a respawn game that feeds the need for an energy drink to play or meth then I dont see the point. I play it because of my buddies on there and to piss people off. Nothing is funnier than people cussing me for killing them with a shotgun or a riot shield. I have a couple guys i play with that take it seriously, to me id rather make people laugh and make myself laugh while i play. I am too old to even care how good i do. but its even better when the other team talks shit and then i tell them they got beat by a guy with a 0.7 kdr.

That's me. If there's nights where I feel like just fucking around, I use only my riot shield and shotgun classes, and go around fucking with the enemy team. They get pissed off and start cussing me out, and I keep laughing harder and harder and more and more the more pissed off the get. :D My K/D, I couldn't give any less of a damn about, I play just to have some fun with friends and occasionally dick around with the other people in the game/lobby.

skipwondah33
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM
I play because it's addictive and fun. Im not the best at it, most games I have much more deaths than kills.

The only game I take competitive is Madden. And that's because I play in leagues in a sim community.

Love playing COD with my friends though, that's what got me hooked.

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
OU I thought you said MW2 was the worst version they made..MW3 overtook that?

MW2 had many of the same flaws that MW3 has, but MW2 had enjoyable maps and a decent spawn system. MW3 had complete shit maps(except for Dome) and one of the worst spawn systems I've ever seen(right up there with BF3).

Any game where you're playing against another human player is a competitive game. If I'm not going to play competitively, I usually wont even play the game online. The joke with MW3 is that any scrub can kill someone good because of all the bullshit with the horrid spawn system, the lag compensation, the massive amount of aim assist(which is higher than previous Call of Duty games), and everything else wrong with it. It's just not worth the headache to me when I can pop in Gears 3 and have a competitive AND fun experience.

steelerfan
12-29-2011, 07:54 AM
What's wrong with BF3's spawn system?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

DariusLock
12-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Yeah, you either spawn at beginning or an objective or on a squad mate. Not randomly in the middle of the other team.

JBHuskers
12-29-2011, 08:57 AM

I wonder if he's talking about deathmatch, you get a random spawn point there. I rarely play deathmatch though. I did it to get my sniper kills for the assignment though. That was like shooting fish in a barrel, and I suck at sniping.

morsdraconis
12-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I wonder if he's talking about deathmatch, you get a random spawn point there. I rarely play deathmatch though. I did it to get my sniper kills for the assignment though. That was like shooting fish in a barrel, and I suck at sniping.

I'm sure he is, though the spawn system of spawning on a buddy can create some REALLY easy kill opportunities as well.

I OU a Beatn
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM

On Team Deathmatch, it'll literally spawn you 6 inches away from an enemy member and since you don't have spawn invincibility, someone's going to get a bullshit death. Whenever I spawn to start a round, I always sit still because I know within the first 3 or so seconds, an enemy is going to run right by me because it spawned him there. It's ridiculously bad.

Violator
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Ok, I have a question for you Beatn and then when you answer it I'm gonna do a follow up. What was your "perfect" game
spawn locations included

steelerfan
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
:popcorn:

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Ok, I have a question for you Beatn and then when you answer it I'm gonna do a follow up. What was your "perfect" game
spawn locations included

SOCOM 2, Killzone 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Gears of War 3 are all very near and dear to my heart. I wasn't that old when I played S2 online, so I can't speak for balance, but KZ2 and Gears 3 all have great spawn systems, interesting and balanced maps, balanced weapons, a "skill" factor, and they are genuinely fun to play. There's others I've enjoyed but I wouldn't consider perfect.

Recent shooters, aside from Gears 3, have all pretty much sucked, IMO. I do get a good bit of enjoyment out of BF3, so that would be the lone exception.

I even had fun on Confrontation despite all the issues it had at launch. SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, Resistance 2 & 3, World at War, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, and most others haven't done it for me.