PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles: One Back

Rudy
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I love the one back sets. I still like having some I-formations thrown in but the one back sets with the new double team blocking will be sweet.

Anthony mentioned that a one-back team should be able to throw to an uncovered WR at any time. I wonder if they have added a quick slant audible or hot audible for that out of a running play? I guess you can still do a formation audible and then hot route but many times a QB can just look over at a WR with a hand gesture and snap and fire.

Flav
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?185-NCAA-Football-11-Offensive-Styles-One-Back

Jayrah
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
WOW......:rolleyes: Hope that's not it for the week. No vids, no new plays, such as a one step and fire to the wr (uncovered), or anything really. Just the origin and the philosophy. Hmmm. The new sets are pretty cool, but I really wish they would've gone into more detail like they did the spread. I also really wish they would show ALL the new formations, and not just some of them, there are more in the sets that are new I think. Maybe we're about to get a playbook blog, or 3rd recruiting tomorrow. If not, pretty dissappointing this week.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe they're not giving you as much so you can just see for yourself when the demo is out in less than two weeks.

Flav
06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe they're not giving you as much so you can just see for yourself when the demo is out in less than two weeks.

I can't wait that long! Not everyone got a chance to play the game already :p

Jayrah
06-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Maybe, but why not release this one the day before the demo then, just as an intro, and then today have given us a style in depth like last week that we won't see till release? A run and shoot, or true option.

I'm just saying I'm still expecting something bigger than this tomorrow. :D E3's in 2 weeks and we still have some serious info on the table. Let's get some of it!!!!! :popcorn:

Also, this is the very first blog this season that I've been left with a :confused: look on my face. I liked the info, but could've found it searching for one back offense on google. Except the formations.

jaymo76
06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Maybe, but why not release this one the day before the demo then, just as an intro, and then today have given us a style in depth like last week that we won't see till release? A run and shoot, or true option.

I'm just saying I'm still expecting something bigger than this tomorrow. :D E3's in 2 weeks and we still have some serious info on the table. Let's get some of it!!!!! :popcorn:

Also, this is the very first blog this season that I've been left with a :confused: look on my face. I liked the info, but could've found it searching for one back offense on google. Except the formations.

Agreed! This blog really left me dissapointed. Let's get to announcement three of the dynasty blogs... it's the only blog anyone wants to hear about!

Kwizzy
06-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't mind them pacing themselves and releasing info at a steady pace. That said, I do think that they have done an excellent job of making their releases detailed, informative, and thorough up to this point. This blog didn't really do much for me. It didn't really pertain to the game specifically, as in: How is this type of offense implemented in NCAA 11? I think the addition of a couple different videos would've went a LONG way here.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-03-2010, 09:40 PM

this is where we fail as "simulation" guys... there are a bunch of idiots out there that are clueless about these offenses, and just google "rocket catch" and "nano" until they can beat 60% of the online community... and are happy with that and actually brag about it... lol

remember... the details cant always be like last week... as last week they still had to show some things that needed to "work" that havent before... this week they just confirmed that you can throw uncovered... and that just means, they have finally worked a route where the WR turns and looks at the QB... i would lay money on it... and if the pistol has ANY of this... i may stroke out in the middle of my first game... lol

i see the one back setup becoming a more versatile threat than anything so far, unless the flex has really been tricked out to the max... and as much as i hate to say it, the one back may even be better than the spread option stuff if one of the main focuses is to throw hot uncovered a good bit... b/c thats HUGE...

so i am left to deduce that it is a hot route change... and i am curious that if it is a hot route, then, it should be something to use across the board, as its already done anyways... mostly by run heavy spread teams such as oregon... (insert game film highlights on youtube from USC game last season here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMllSmi4QZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1zTOYJqRo

they even commentate on it, when USC would bring the SS down to look run, was a simple check call... i abuse this in my high school system... =)

i do agree though with jaymo... im ready to read some more about dynasty stuff...

"E"

Jayrah
06-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah I get that Grid on the simulation end. I just mean that there wasn't a whole lot of meat from an ncaa 11 standpoint to go with the potatoes. As Jaymo said, a video would've gone a long way.

Thinking about it, they probably should've switched the release week for these past two offenses.

Kwizzy
06-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I understand it's not all meant for us sim players, all we're saying is we have come to expect videos & specific examples of how these things have been implemented in the game this year. Now maybe that was implied (that the things they talked about are in the game) but it'd be nice to see it, as they have done with every other blog up to this point.

Sinister
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
i hope we have smoke hot route that would be great. plus the info that left to come bundled with the fact that demo and E3 are all the same day. my brain will be on overload.

Kwizzy
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Just noticed, the first formation shown in the one back blog is a screenshot of part of the Nebraska playbook!

Looking at the numbers of the players… looks like they’ve still got Smith starting at LT but they got McNeill moved to WR otherwise he’d be in there as one of the 3 TEs.

JeffHCross
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Let's get to announcement three of the dynasty blogs... it's the only blog anyone wants to hear about!Actually, I'm looking forward to the Styles blogs. I love seeing the new formations. Strangely, I'm less interested in the third dynasty blog ... I figure that's just because I've been thinking about formations so much lately.

Solidice
06-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Actually, I'm looking forward to the Styles blogs. I love seeing the new formations. Strangely, I'm less interested in the third dynasty blog ... I figure that's just because I've been thinking about formations so much lately.

I want to see what they added to the Air Raid offense.

I still would really like to see dynasty blog 3 though.

Keontez
06-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I wonder if they added Army's Halfbone formations.

Lava
06-05-2010, 02:13 AM
JB, I see they have a formation for Nebraska in this blog. Can you confirm/deny if they added wildcat for us Husker fans this year, as we did run it in the Holiday bowl [which I'm sure you know but they may not]?

If you can't answer, I understand, but if so, great!

Kwizzy
06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
JB, I see they have a formation for Nebraska in this blog. Can you confirm/deny if they added wildcat for us Husker fans this year, as we did run it in the Holiday bowl [which I'm sure you know but they may not]?

If you can't answer, I understand, but if so, great!

I actually hope they did NOT add a Wildcat formation for us in the typical sense. We didn't actually run the typical wildcat that most teams do. If you go back and watch the Holiday bowl, they actually ran a fairly standard Shotgun formation with Rex and Robinson in the backfield (Twins left, Dual TEs right).

With the limititation on the amount of different formations available in each team's playbooks in the game, I would prefer that the just include that formation with a bunch of QB power runs, zone reads, and options and a package sub that will allow us to sub Burkhead in. Just my opinion of course but I don't really want to waste one of our precious few formations on something like a typical wildcat formation which we don't really use.

Either way, I have a fear that the offense Nebraska uses this year wont really be reflected well in the game. It will most likely be more representative of the traditional set power rushing offense we had to run last year. This offseason (starting in the Holiday bowl) they have moved to more of a spread-power run game (with a special emphasis on the QB run game), even running some pistol-like formations in the spring game.

Hopefully their playbook at least somewhat represents that well.