PDA

View Full Version : Official "Please check this at the May community day" thread

souljahbill
05-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Since there's apparently 1 more CD before release and since half of the guys eligible to go are from this site, here's the thread to keep them working at the event and not just playing for fun :p. Obviously, they may not have time to check or be able to comment on everything but your question(s) can either about gameplay and/or presentation.

Edit: Before making a request, check original post first to see if it's been requested already. If not, then post your own. Original post will be updated as much as possible.

Presentation
1) Do Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette have mascots this year?

2) Does Southern Miss have a special or generic entrance? No need to describe it specifically. Just saying generic or custom is good enough.

3) More options for Team Builder

4) New commentary???

5) Ability to create custom rivalries? Or establish rivalries over time?

6) Does Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

7) Do loose jersey sleeves actually look right?

8) Will Rutgers' unique entrance be in the game? A random player/captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone.

9) Is the entrance for WVU changed to include the helmet? If not was it changed at all?

10) Could someone time the length of the full Virginia Tech entrance from start to when they run out?

11) Do numbers on side of teambuilder helmets work correctly?

12) What are the formations in Hawaii's playbook?

13) Is Vili the Warrior in the game?

14) Does Hawaii have a generic or unique entrance?

15) Has the imaginary Jumbotron in the cornor of Hawaii's stadium been removed?

16) Are there plans to offer NFL stadiums as dlc so they can be used as neutral site games (if neutral site games are possible)?

17) Will weight matter in OL/DL interactions?

18) Are there any changes made to the depth chart? (3rd down back, slot receivers, nickel back, etc?)

19) Can we apply formation subs to the formation packages, instead of just the base formation?

20) Will the National Game of the Week be listed every single week?

21) Will there be ESPN commentary for every game, even if it's not televised?

Gameplay
1) Is the shovel pass in the game?

2) Will smart WRs look for openings against zone defenses?

3) Is there proper loft and trajectory on passes?

4) Is stamina better for OL/DL {Yes, this can be edited... but EA needs to realize these guys are football players and work out daily.}

5) Are there less leaping linebackers aka Superman LB's

6) Is it possible to throw and stop fade routes???

7) Are there more actual Run & Shoot plays???

8) Are the DBs less psychic?

9) Will crowd noise effect the visiting team?

10) Will gameplay be more realistic {i.e. QB running left, turning and throwing back across field and hitting WR right in the numbers, etc.}?

11) Will the CPU manage the clock better?

12) Will bubble screens work better? In '11 the WR's always run the Bubble screen way too slow

13) Are the strafing/sliding defenders fixed from the wip videos?

14) How influential is play recognition when defenders are playing zone?

15) How often does the bull rush animation happen where the D-Lineman just shoves the O-Lineman to the ground?

16) Is it possible to just user strafe all over the field and pick off or bat down passes?

17) How fast is the gameplay this year compared to 11? The demo last year played faster than the retail version

18) Is Army's Wing Bone offense in the game or not?

19) Anything new for Option Football guys (IE, Interior linemen going unblocked on certain plays, etc.)

20) Is the Shade Receiver Feature from this years Madden also made it into NCAA.

21) Did they remove the Bear Front Defenses from the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 (Also, the 3-4 solid had a 3-0-3 line) when they added the new formations?

22) How well does a cpu controlled GT team run the flexbone?

23) Can you tell a difference between small scat type backs and larger bruising backs?

24) Is the running game from the shotgun more consistent?

25) Can you still pitch the ball perfectly while being tackled still?

26) Are scrambling QB's a threat to run the ball if they have room or will they still just stay in the pocket?

27) How is the pass rush?

28) Does the computer defense still know your play before the snap (Psychic D on audibles)?

29) Is the mesh in Pistol/Shotgun read options faster or the same speed (which is considered slow)?

30) Is the toss out of the shotgun faster or the same speed (which is considered slow)?

31) Will the cpu pull the QB after a certain amount of interceptions or make mass subs in a blowout?

32) Will the computer do a better job of recruiting and will it recruit based on system (scramblers at option schools, pocket passers for air raid, etc.)?

souljahbill
05-04-2011, 02:24 AM
1) Do Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette have mascots this year?

2) Does Southern Miss have a special or generic entrance? No need to describe it specifically. Just saying generic or custom is good enough.

Dr Death
05-04-2011, 03:07 AM
You may have just opened Pandora's Box here... :D

1: Shovel Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2: Smart WR's that look for openings against Zone defenses

3: Proper loft and trajectory on passes

4: Better stamina for OL/DL {Yes, this can be edited... but EA needs to realize these guys are football players and work out daily.}

5: More options for Team Builder

6: Less Leaping Linebackers aka Superman LB's

7: Stop Fade Routes???

8: More actual Run & Shoot plays???

9: New commentary???

10: No more psychic DB's???

11: Crowd noise effecting the opponent when I am at my house???

12: Less... hopefully NO... cheese plays? {QB running left, turning and throwing back across field and hitting WR right in the numbers, etc.}

13: Smarter AI... as in actually trying to take time off the clock on drives instead of hiking the ball ASAP

14: Ability to create custom rivalries? Or establish rivalries over time?

15: Better Bubble Screens? In '11 the WR's always run the Bubble screen way too slow.

I'll stop for now...

ram29jackson
05-04-2011, 03:11 AM
tell us what you got for lunch again :D

Dr Death
05-04-2011, 03:20 AM
tell us what you got for lunch again :D

Who has time for lunch when you have football on the brain??? :D

steelerfan
05-04-2011, 04:03 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if this thread becomes 50 pages long, has a lot of off-topic comments, has a lot of posts without questions, or a lot of repeat questions (or questions that have been answered, which shows you want us to read everything even though you don't) - I won't bother.

Keep this thread easy on the eyes of the CD guys, and I, for one, will gladly answer as much as possible.

souljahbill
05-04-2011, 06:49 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if this thread becomes 50 pages long, has a lot of off-topic comments, has a lot of posts without questions, or a lot of repeat questions (or questions that have been answered, which shows you want us to read everything even though you don't) - I won't bother.

Keep this thread easy on the eyes of the CD guys, and I, for one, will gladly answer as much as possible.

Would you prefer I put everything in the first post to eliminate having to go through 50 pages of requests?

psusnoop
05-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Bill, maybe you could continue to edit and sift through the posts to keep the first page fresh and "New" so that the great group of guys heading down and look and the first post and go yep, gotta check this out and not worry about sifting through page after page of posts.

Kinda show we are all going to work hard here. I'll chip in where i can.

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 08:22 AM
On top of what Steelerfan said. The May event isn't 100% definite, I would say until we get an official word that there is an event, we keep this thread closed.

gschwendt
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Guys... one thing I want to mention, even though this thread is currently closed, if/when we decide to re-open it, I do want to say that 1) we probably won't get into team specifics like mascots or entrances, those can be answered at a later time and 2) make sure to read the Week-in-Review article (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?396-NCAA-Football-12-Gameplay-and-Presentation-Week-in-Review) which covered all of the Q&A in the Preview article.

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Funny how timing works, confirmation came today. The event will be from May 18th til May 20th. Remember to follow Tommy's guidelines, and Souljah brings up a good point....keep it to one post per person, just edit your post.

Jayrah
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Are the strafing/sliding defenders fixed from the wip videos? That's really all I wanna know specifically. If so, this game is GOLDEN!!!!

WolverineJay
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
1) How amped up is play recognition when defenders are playing zone?
2) How often does the animation happen where the D-Lineman just shoves the O-Lineman to the ground(EA calls it their new bull rush animation)?
3) Is it possible to just user strafe all over the field and pick off or bat down passes?
4) How fast is the gameplay this year compared to 11? The demo last year played faster than the retail version

Keontez
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
- I just want to know if Army's Wing Bone offense made it into the game for sure or not. I know they did the 25 New Plays promotion and it wasnt in there but I was also told that more than 25 plays were added into the game.

- Anything new for us Option Football guys (IE, Interior linemen going unblocked on certain plays, etc.)

- If they Shade Receiver Feature from this years Madden also made it into NCAA.

- If they removed the Bear Front Defenses from the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 (Also, the 3-4 solid had a 3-0-3 line) when they added the new formations.

PeteyKirch
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Will Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5673934364_87227105f1_z_d.jpg

Versus the monstrosity that EA programmed for NCAA11.

http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/ncaa11/7256/662A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Yre.jpg

Will loose sleeves actually look right?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5045067153_934a949cc3_z_d.jpg

Will the Rutgers unique entrance be in the game? Where a Random Player/Captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone?

http://www.willschneekloth.com/FM/2009_10_31/Rutgers-Connecticut-football-03.jpg

Will the roster that are on the Teambuilder website when it launches be the same as the final on disc product?

mtoo22
05-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Reading helps.

ryby6969
05-04-2011, 07:11 PM
1. How well does a cpu controlled GT team run the flexbone?

2. Can you tell a difference between small scat type backs and larger bruising backs?

3. Is the running game from the shotgun more consistent?

4. Can you still pitch the ball perfectly while being tackled still?

5. Are scrambling QB's a threat to run the ball if they have room or will they still just stay in the pocket?

6. How is the pass rush?

Thanks in advance guys. I know some of this might have been mentioned by the CD guys already, but I am just wondering how it feels now that the game is basically gold.

Paakaa10
05-04-2011, 07:13 PM
As a Community Event attendee in the past, I will caution against people expecting all questions to be answered here, even if organized nicely into a thread like this. At the stage of development that the game will be at in a few weeks, chances are good that the development team will have very specific requests of the Community Event guys so that any known issues/features can be explored and tested before the game's code gets wrapped up for retail. This even happened at the last Community Event, where the team asked everyone to play a very specific set of games to test things out, leaving little to no time for "personal exploration" of the game.

There may also be a case where the guys going down are limited by the terms of the non-disclosure agreements with regards to what can and can't be publicly answered. I know that some of you guys think it's silly that EA SPORTS doesn't want us talking about certain things when media about features has been indirectly released, but the NDAs are very specific about what we can talk about and when we can do so. The agreement entered into in order to have early access to the game and provide feedback specifically stipulates that we can't discuss things until EA SPORTS officially does so or gives us approval to do so; if we broke that agreement, we'd be violating the initial understanding which allowed us to be a part of the game's development in the first place.

Don't want to come off as a "downer" here; just want to mention a couple things ahead of time so that there isn't any confusion when things can/can't be discussed later on.

souljahbill
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
As a Community Event attendee in the past, I will caution against people expecting all questions to be answered here, even if organized nicely into a thread like this. At the stage of development that the game will be at in a few weeks, chances are good that the development team will have very specific requests of the Community Event guys so that any known issues/features can be explored and tested before the game's code gets wrapped up for retail. This even happened at the last Community Event, where the team asked everyone to play a very specific set of games to test things out, leaving little to no time for "personal exploration" of the game.

There may also be a case where the guys going down are limited by the terms of the non-disclosure agreements with regards to what can and can't be publicly answered. I know that some of you guys think it's silly that EA SPORTS doesn't want us talking about certain things when media about features has been indirectly released, but the NDAs are very specific about what we can talk about and when we can do so. The agreement entered into in order to have early access to the game and provide feedback specifically stipulates that we can't discuss things until EA SPORTS officially does so or gives us approval to do so; if we broke that agreement, we'd be violating the initial understanding which allowed us to be a part of the game's development in the first place.

Don't want to come off as a "downer" here; just want to mention a couple things ahead of time so that there isn't any confusion when things can/can't be discussed later on.

I'm sure most people (hopefully) understand that this is all basically a favor or service to us and don't really expect everything to be answered. Whatever can be answered, I'm sure most people will appreciate that and whatever can't, can't. It won't be a big deal. But, it's better to have a clearer understanding of what everyone wants to know ahead of time as opposed to trying to remember afterwards when everyone starts bombarding with questions.

ram29jackson
05-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Will Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5673934364_87227105f1_z_d.jpg

Versus the monstrosity that EA programmed for NCAA11.

Will loose sleeves actually look right?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5045067153_934a949cc3_z_d.jpg

Will the Rutgers unique entrance be in the game? Where a Random Player/Captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone?

http://www.willschneekloth.com/FM/2009_10_31/Rutgers-Connecticut-football-03.jpg

the axe makes sense when they were the Redmen haha..but not a Knight haha

JeffHCross
05-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Guys, speaking for myself, I'm going to be looking at gameplay almost exclusively if I'm able to go in May. Just to echo what others have kind of said.

Paakaa10
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm sure most people (hopefully) understand that this is all basically a favor or service to us and don't really expect everything to be answered. Whatever can be answered, I'm sure most people will appreciate that and whatever can't, can't. It won't be a big deal. But, it's better to have a clearer understanding of what everyone wants to know ahead of time as opposed to trying to remember afterwards when everyone starts bombarding with questions.

Definitely agree with that logic; and having it all organized here in one thread will be a big help, as we do have access to computers and could have the forum up to read from in the event of free time. I just don't want anyone to have the misconception that questions posted here will be addressed without a doubt; I don't think anyone will hold that belief too strongly, but--as you say--it's easier to clear that ahead of time than try to apologize later haha.

ram29jackson
05-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Maybe someone could find out if the teambuilder numbers on side of helmet thing will work again ?

JBHuskers
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe someone could find out if the teambuilder numbers on side of helmet thing will work again ?

Probably won't have the ability to mess with Teambuilder as it probably won't be connected to the dev kit.

Dr Death
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Probably won't have the ability to mess with Teambuilder as it probably won't be connected to the dev kit.

Would it be possible to ask them about this? And then answer on this subject when you return? I understand they may want to keep certain things under wraps for a while, but numbers on helmets in TB should already be in the game and if they are in '12, I don't think it would be letting any cat out of a bag to let us know that yes, they do work this year.

ram29jackson
05-05-2011, 02:05 PM

you mean you cant simply ask someone off hand whether it works or not ? ( I'm just asking a question, not trying to be annoying here )

steelerfan
05-05-2011, 03:14 PM
keep it to one post per person, just edit your post.

Good job, Bill in updating the OP. I will print it before I go to EA. No promises, but I will do my best, time allowing.

Pig Bomb
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Does the computer defense still know your play before the snap?

We all know this story...it's 3rd and 1 and you call a run play with a formation that has 4 WR's. The computer defense magically comes out in a goal line defense that may actually even leave WR's uncovered. So you audible to a pass, without changing the formation, and suddenly the defense changes to a dime.
Apparently computer controlled teams have psychic coaches!

Does EA still plan to use the same old formula to determine what plays the computer defense will call??
OR... do they finally call their defense based on down, distance, tendencies, and team strength's & weaknesses [with an occassional crazy or trick play thrown in]???

** By know your play I mean know if you are running or passing, not necessarily knowing your exact play. I think that's how EA has tried to get off the hook, by saying "they don't know your play"...which may be true, but knowing if you are running or passing is still huge.

JBHuskers
05-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I believe the answer always was no, but I can't remember the explanation, I think CDJ or someone had a conversation with Russ on this during one of the trips.

gschwendt
05-07-2011, 12:03 AM
I hate to be vague but the answer is yes & no... it doesn't work exactly as you think it does. However, without a green-light from the developers, I think it best not to go any further with it other than to say that there is certainly room for improvement for it. I think they improved it some this season but that's not to say that it's completely fixed either.

morsdraconis
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I hate to be vague but the answer is yes & no... it doesn't work exactly as you think it does. However, without a green-light from the developers, I think it best not to go any further with it other than to say that there is certainly room for improvement for it. I think they improved it some this season but that's not to say that it's completely fixed either.

Dude, I'm sorry, but that's such a BS answer...

It most assuredly knows the play that you're going to use MOST of the time. Yes, it does sometimes know whether or not you're going to do one thing or another based on what you did earlier in the game. But there's no doubt that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the success of running the ball by choosing a pass play and audibling to a run play (no matter what the defense shows) compared to choosing a running play (in the same formation) and not changing the ball at all. That is a fact as it's been proven.

But, at the same time, this is the type of shit that just kills me about console video games. Purposely not being able to know how the game works is just ridiculous. Purposely not knowing the inner workings of the game because by knowing how it works, you then know how poorly programmed most of it really is when it comes to most everything.

I mean, what could possibly be so damn secret about how the CPU chooses their plays? It's already pretty obvious that, at least, 50% of the time, it's basing it's choices off of what you choose when it comes to it playing defense against you. It's even more obvious how it purposely chooses poorly on lower difficulties to make it easier to win when you're on offense.

I don't even specifically mean it toward you G or even EA. 95% of console game companies are just like this with their games as well. It's such a freakin' joke.

Pig Bomb
05-07-2011, 08:02 AM
** By know your play I mean know if you are running or passing, not necessarily knowing your exact play. I think that's how EA has tried to get off the hook, by saying "they don't know your play"...which may be true, but knowing if you are running or passing is still huge.

NatureBoy
05-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Does South Carolina have a special or generic entrance?

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Does South Carolina have a special or generic entrance?

I'd be super surprised if the defending SEC East champions had a generic entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-07-2011, 06:43 PM
one of you guys already have checked or will be checking... but need to know if the mesh for pistol read option has been sped up or is still in super slow motion... same from the gun, still moves way too slow... and PLEASE check on the HB Toss from the gun... im almost certain they use the same toss from under center thats why it takes forever for the RB to get the ball... you can check most of that from one playbook... thats why i asked multiple items... sorry if its too much... but those are important things for us shotgun offense guys who would love to toss in pistol read options as well, but need them fixed... THANKS

"E"

JeffHCross
05-07-2011, 09:17 PM
It most assuredly knows the play that you're going to use MOST of the time.No. It doesn't. I don't care if you think it's a BS answer, and I couldn't honestly care less about your rant against the console game industry (other than being able to open up binary files with a hex editor, the PC game industry is just as secretive about how stuff works). They don't know your play.

morsdraconis
05-07-2011, 09:24 PM
No. It doesn't. I don't care if you think it's a BS answer.

So it doesn't know if it's a run or a pass play? That's the biggest lie I've ever seen.

Pig Bomb
05-08-2011, 11:33 AM

but like i said...they sure as heck know run or pass! which has been obvious for several versions now

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
So it doesn't know if it's a run or a pass play? That's the biggest lie I've ever seen.

but like i said...they sure as heck know run or pass! which has been obvious for several versions now
There are reasons it may "appear" this way, but the CPU does not know that you're calling a specific play. Here's what I previously posted on this -- even before I ever went to an event.

I watched this closely over the last few days, and I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as we think. Most people point to the fact that the defense comes out in 4-3 against a spread formation ... but even when I'm calling pass plays, I see the same thing.

The problem is just the overall playcall logic, not specifically that they're psychic. Except on audibles ... that is where 'psychic' tends to come in to play, or be more apparent.Like G, I'm not sure how much on this topic I can say, using information from the events. So I'll avoid using that information and just use what I've seen.

On NCAA 11, and previous, I've seen times when I came out in an "obvious" passing formation, but called a run, and I've seen the defense come out in a "run" defense. However, I've seen the exact same thing with an "obvious" passing formation and a passing play. I've seen 4-3s called against both 4WR HB Draws and deep pass plays. We just tend to notice one more than the other (because one is "psychic" and the other is just "bad"). In reality, neither one should happen. And neither one is a "simple" as "OMG! They know our play!" They. Don't.

souljahbill
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
one of you guys already have checked or will be checking... but need to know if the mesh for pistol read option has been sped up or is still in super slow motion... same from the gun, still moves way too slow... and PLEASE check on the HB Toss from the gun... im almost certain they use the same toss from under center thats why it takes forever for the RB to get the ball... you can check most of that from one playbook... thats why i asked multiple items... sorry if its too much... but those are important things for us shotgun offense guys who would love to toss in pistol read options as well, but need them fixed... THANKS

"E"

When you say "mesh," do you mean the hand-off?

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
When you say "mesh," do you mean the hand-off?Kind of. The "mesh" is the point where the option runner and the QB meet, whether it's a traditional I-Form triple option, the Pistol option, or a Zone Read. The point where the QB is deciding to give or keep.

souljahbill
05-08-2011, 08:42 PM

"E"

When you say "mesh," do you mean the hand-off?

Kind of. The "mesh" is the point where the option runner and the QB meet, whether it's a traditional I-Form triple option, the Pistol option, or a Zone Read. The point where the QB is deciding to give or keep.

I figured that's what it meant but I wanted to make sure I understood what he meant before adding it to the original post.

baseballplyrmvp
05-14-2011, 11:12 AM
1. i'd like to know the formations of hawaii's playbook.

2. is vili the warrior in the game?

3. does hawaii have a generic or unique entrance?

4. aloha stadium has a huge jumbotron in the corner of the stadium that isnt there in real life. did they remove it?
pics from game: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9285/662a00011jpegscreenshot.jpg http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/931/662a00012jpegscreenshot.jpg
real life: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2935/alohastadium.jpg

5. could someone ask if they ever plan on offering the nfl stadiums as dlc, so that we could use them for neutral site games (if that feature is ever added)?

6. 400 lb d-lineman with poor ratings vs 160 lb o-lineman with good ratings...who wins in the shoving match? if o-lineman wins, ask why weight doesnt matter in o/d-line battles.

7. any changes made to the depth chart? (3rd down back, slot receivers, nickel back, etc?)

8. can we apply formation subs to the formation packages, instead of just the base formation?

JeffHCross
05-14-2011, 10:11 PM
2. is vili the warrior in the game?Vili the Warrior sued EA a number of years ago for using his likeness. I didn't realize he'd been taken out on this generation of consoles, but if he has I wouldn't expect to see his return anytime soon.

jaymo76
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
I would love to know a few minor things:

1. NATIONAL GAME of the week listed EVERY SINGLE WEEK???

2. cpu pull the QB after a certain amount of interceptions/mass subs in a blowout???

3. ESPN COMMENTARY FOR EVERY GAME EVEN IF IT'S NOT BROADCAST???? (personal pet peeve)

Pig Bomb
05-15-2011, 07:50 PM
will the computer do a better job of recruiting??
will it recruit based on it's offense? option teams should go for running QB's not 6'6" pocket passers!

souljahbill
05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
will the computer do a better job of recruiting??
will it recruit based on it's offense? option teams should go for running QB's not 6'6" pocket passers!

I just finished my recruiting and I was looking for a scrambling QB so I could use some option plays. I noticed that even the scrambling QBs are slow. I tried looking at the athletes too just to see if ANYONE could play as a scrambling QB but that didn't pan out either. Scrambling QBs should be all faster then what I noticed.

Pig Bomb
05-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I just finished my recruiting and I was looking for a scrambling QB so I could use some option plays. I noticed that even the scrambling QBs are slow. I tried looking at the athletes too just to see if ANYONE could play as a scrambling QB but that didn't pan out either. Scrambling QBs should be all faster then what I noticed.

that's true... it is hard to find fast scramblers..I end up going for Tebow types more often than not... it's almost a blessing though - because if I get a super fast QB it's lights out for my opponents for sure!
In fact I've played plenty of dynasties where we limit the max speed of QB recruits because option attacks with mega-speed at QB can be unstoppable for the computer.

psusnoop
05-15-2011, 08:45 PM

That is surprising to me, I've had no issues at all recruiting option qb's but then that is with PSU in powerhouse so maybe I'm spoiled a bit that is for sure.

JeffHCross
05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I just finished my recruiting and I was looking for a scrambling QB so I could use some option plays. I noticed that even the scrambling QBs are slow. I tried looking at the athletes too just to see if ANYONE could play as a scrambling QB but that didn't pan out either. Scrambling QBs should be all faster then what I noticed.What kind of SPD ratings were you looking for, soulja? I'm surprised you weren't at least able to find something in the high Cs or low Bs.

souljahbill
05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
What kind of SPD ratings were you looking for, soulja? I'm surprised you weren't at least able to find something in the high Cs or low Bs.

Only the top 5* scramblers had both good speed and acceleration. After that, the drop off was nuts. For QBs in '11, without good acceleration, the speed is almost useless unless the defense just isn't ready.

steelerfan
05-16-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm going to print the OP this evening and take it with me to Orlando tomorrow. I will try, time allowing, to answer as many of these questions as possible.

Keontez
05-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Im working on something to add to this post so you guys could check or give to Anthony White so the Flexbone midline could be fix. Will you guys not be able to check this site while you guys are down there?

souljahbill
05-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Updated to this point.

To those that are going, we, as a community, thank you for looking into our inquiries. Like I said before, I don't think anyone here "expects" any of our questions to be answered but any that are answered are greatly appreciated. So, thanks again, guys. (I'd insert a hug emoticon here if we had one)

steelerfan
05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I printed the OP. I probably won't have access to TGT while I'm away, but others usually do.

steelerfan
05-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Thank you, souljahbill, for doing your part to make this thread clean and simple for us to get to the questions.

JeffHCross
05-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Im working on something to add to this post so you guys could check or give to Anthony White so the Flexbone midline could be fix. Will you guys not be able to check this site while you guys are down there?I'll probably be online while I'm there. At the very least at night.

Keontez
05-16-2011, 08:03 PM
cool I should have this done by tonight should I post it here or just PM it to you?

JeffHCross
05-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Either or. No rush. I'm sure I'll check this thread at least once during the week, if not more.

Keontez
05-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Here are some problems that Im usually seeing occur with the Flexbone Midline play
The mesh point and the track that the B-Back/Fullback is supposed to go is off. The play EA/Tiburon has given us in our playbooks is the Midline Blast/Lead.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WrRyUmYqciI/TXRfih0mfXI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/w9b3PDib734/s400/mid+blast.jpg

On this play, the read for the QB and the path of the FB is the same as any midline play. The QB is to read the B gap defender or first defensive lineman from the A gap out as the Handoff Key (HOK). The QB will give the ball to the FB every time unless the HOK comes down to take the FB. If the HOK does take the FB, then the QB will replace the HOK and run the ball into the B gap. The aiming point for the FB is right up the Centers ass. On this particular play the perimeter blocking is whats causing the problem on this play. The Real Assignment AI is what is causing the play to break. Instead of using regular Option blocking to leave the interior lineman unblocked its blocking much like a inside zone. The blocking assignments should be:

Playside Tackle (PST) - Block outside

Playside Guard (PSG) - Inside gap A gap

Center (C) - If covered block on or backside gap over

Backside Guard (BSG) - Scoop inside gap to Backside LB

Backside Tackle (BST) - Hinge to the B gap and protect the backside

Backside Slotback (BSSB) - will go into the “tail” motion and will lead through the B gap, and is to block the outside 1/2 of the B gap.

Playside Slotback (PSSB) - will insert or fold into the B gap, and will block the inside 1/2 of the B gap.

Should the offense be presented with a outside invert (OLBs or SS) the Blocking scheme should change to more of a Load/Seal blocking scheme to the playside. The only thing that will change is who the PSSB is blocking instead of going inside he will maintain his position outside of the PST and block

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uJJmy4qpAsk/TXRg22N_0VI/AAAAAAAAAGU/zKNVVaV1fcE/s400/mid+seal.jpg

2 scenarios usually happen verses each defense because of the Real Assignment AI and the double team blocks that the AI want the O-Line to perform is usally the main culprit of why the play breaks

Flexbone normal Midline Iso vs a 3-4:
The frontside Tackle and Guard are always wanting to double team the DE unless one of the LBers pops down in between presnap. The PSSB blocking track is in between these guys so if they’re combo blocking it cancels out his block and leaves the OLB free to come around and tackle the FB or QB.

Solution: Provide the correct Real Assignment AI to the inside option plays leaving the DT unblocked and have the everyone from the PSG to the BST block down allow the PSG and BSG to get to the second level. The BSSB and PSSB will handle opening up the B gap.

Flexbone Normal Midline Iso vs 4-3:
The BST and Guard Combo block verse 4-3 Normal leaving the BSOLB or FS free to come through the Backside B gap and tackle the QB from behind. The PSSB is trying to get to the PSOLB, which isnt a problem. But the problem with Real Assignment AI is that these guys are so dead set on getting to that particular guy to block that they often turn around in a whole that you need to run through clogging it and working against you. Even if you try to keep and go around the end, the invert isnt blocked because the PSSB cant get through the B gap to get to him and you cant adjust his blocking. Also because their not down blocking they cant really block the BSLB from coming in backside A gap chicken-necking your QB.

Solution: Same as above provide the correct Real Assignment AI blocking to the these plays.

If possible have them look at Midline from the normal alignment verses both 4 and 3 man fronts. The Frontside often ends up a jumbled mess with 3 player (4 if you count the BSSB in tail motion) on the Frontside Defensive Tackle and Defensive End because the inside plays weren't blocked correctly.

The midline is one of the best plays in football and one of the most versatile plays. The Flexboners/ Optioneers would seriously like this play fixed or blocked correctly for ’12.

Thanks Guys.

Tez

gschwendt
05-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I would be willing to bet that we won't get a midline read this year at all. I never saw it in previous trips and to my knowledge they didn't add it. At this point though, if they don't already have it in, it's definitely not going to be added and I doubt they added it since last month. Doesn't hurt to check, but I would do less than get my hopes up.

Keontez
05-16-2011, 10:34 PM
crap. thanks though....

ram29jackson
05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
3 to 1 odds you get BBQ again.....?

souljahbill
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Is it cool to ask who actually went? I don't really want to watch posting habits and piece it together.

Jayrah
05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Is it cool to ask who actually went? I don't really want to watch posting habits and piece it together.

"Ncaa football 12 community events" thread has the list of all attendees to the event.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

souljahbill
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
"Ncaa football 12 community events" thread has the list of all attendees to the event.

I'm talking about to the one currently happening. I know everybody from here didn't/couldn't go.

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Wishing I could but between the trips already and my sleep apnea problems, I have burnt up most of my time off this year :(

Deuce
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Wishing I could but between the trips already and my sleep apnea problems, I have burnt up most of my time off this year :(

Sleep apnea? Got a cpap?

Kwizzy
05-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah I used up WAY too much vacation on these trips already this year so I couldn't make it this time either. Goin to Vegas for the weekend though so that helps some! :nod:

Jayrah
05-19-2011, 04:53 AM

Pming you about this sir!

Kingpin32
05-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Pipe dream, but it would kinda cool if the good folks here at TGT could get a video of a full game lol.

JeffHCross
05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Pipe dreamYes. :D

but it would kinda cool if the good folks here at TGT could get a video of a full game lol.Yes, yes it would. :nod:

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Sleep apnea? Got a cpap?

a Bi-PAP....same thing except there are separate pressures for inhaling and exhaling. CPAP is just one pressure.

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Pming you about this sir!

Responded :)

Deuce
05-19-2011, 04:48 PM
a Bi-PAP....same thing except there are separate pressures for inhaling and exhaling. CPAP is just one pressure.

I'm a cpap man...it's helped a bunch. Cant sleep w/o it.

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm a cpap man...it's helped a bunch. Cant sleep w/o it.

Been doing a mixture of CPAP and Bi-PAP and am still trying to get used to wearing it at night. I haven't had too many nights where I have been able to keep it on all night.

Deuce
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Been doing a mixture of CPAP and Bi-PAP and am still trying to get used to wearing it at night. I haven't had too many nights where I have been able to keep it on all night.

Keep at it...I've been wearing mine for 8-9 years (about a year after marriage ha ha). I can sleep on my face now and it not bother me. You'll get used to it...

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Keep at it...I've been wearing mine for 8-9 years (about a year after marriage ha ha). I can sleep on my face now and it not bother me. You'll get used to it...

Yeah I have no problems sleeping with it initially, but when I wake up and the pressure is high, it just pisses me off and I take off the mask, roll over and fall asleep :D I bought a CPAP pillow, so I'm hoping that will help as I sleep on my side 95% of the time.

souljahbill
05-19-2011, 05:07 PM
So, should I put "Are cpap and bi-pap breathing masks?" under presentation? :p

JBHuskers
05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
So, should I put "Are cpap and bi-pap breathing masks?" under presentation? :p

Yes...you can chose these for your equipment :P

steelerfan
05-21-2011, 06:10 PM

From TGT it was cdj, JeffHCross, Paakaa10, and myself. I will try to get some answers posted later this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't get as many definitive answers as I hoped to, and we were asked not to discuss entrances/traditions.

However, souljahbill will be gald to know that trainers do wear their school's colors. :P

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 06:30 PM
From TGT it was cdj, JeffHCross, Paakaa10, and myself. I will try to get some answers posted later this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't get as many definitive answers as I hoped to, and we were asked not to discuss entrances/traditions.

However, souljahbill will be gald to know that trainers do wear their school's colors. :P

SOLD!!!

steelerfan
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
SOLD!!!

I was playing at So Miss when I noticed that, too. LOL. The first game I played this week was Houston (me) 35, So Miss 34. :)

I played using my NCAA 11 sliders (9 minute quarters). Every game I played this week against the CPU was with 9-minute quarters and I never saw anything too extreme with scores or stats. I wrote my scores and team stats down all week and I'll post some of it when I get a chance to give some answers.

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 07:11 PM
I was playing at So Miss when I noticed that, too. LOL. The first game I played this week was Houston (me) 35, So Miss 34. :)

I played using my NCAA 11 sliders (9 minute quarters). Every game I played this week against the CPU was with 9-minute quarters and I never saw anything too extreme with scores or stats. I wrote my scores and team stats down all week and I'll post some of it when I get a chance to give some answers.

See, I told you, So. Miss has NO defense. :D

steelerfan
05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
See, I told you, So. Miss has NO defense. :D

Well, 35-34 with 9-minute quarters actually seems low to me, considering the 2 teams involved. ;)

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, 35-34 with 9-minute quarters actually seems low to me, considering the 2 teams involved. ;)

They still gave up 35 points. You don't usually win giving up 35 points.

steelerfan
05-21-2011, 08:28 PM
They still gave up 35 points. You don't usually win giving up 35 points.

Understood, but UH games usually end up 59-54 or something, lol.

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Understood, but UH games usually end up 59-54 or something, lol.

Close. Our last game together was 59-41, USM. (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=303242572)

JBHuskers
05-21-2011, 09:54 PM
SOLD!!!

:D

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 10:10 PM
:D

I can deal with no dreads. I can deal with zone defense not working. I can deal with bad line interactions. I can deal with poor recruiting logic. I CAN NOT deal with athletic trainers wearing the wrong colored shirt. EA is lazy and don't listen to their customers when they have athletic trainers wearing any colored shirt. That's not sim football.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 12:36 AM
OK, gonna try to answer as much as I can. If you don't see an answer to your question, it's either something I can't discuss or I didn't get to check.

4) New commentary???

Yes. There is a good bit of new commentary. Much of it surrounds pre-game and Game Track. I noticed some new things after scoring drives and some new things from Erin Andrews. There are also some new lines for the PA guy and for the referee (lines about the play being under review).

6) Does Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

It appears to be the same as in 11.

7) Do loose jersey sleeves actually look right?

I couldn't notice a change from 11.

15) Has the imaginary Jumbotron in the cornor of Hawaii's stadium been removed?

It is still in the stadium.

16) Are there plans to offer NFL stadiums as dlc so they can be used as neutral site games (if neutral site games are possible)?

Not that I'm aware of. There are a number of NFL stadiums in the game though.

17) Will weight matter in OL/DL interactions?

I didn't test this with a 160 lb guy or anything, but I don't believe there is a drastic change from 11.

18) Are there any changes made to the depth chart? (3rd down back, slot receivers, nickel back, etc?)

I don't believe there are.

20) Will the National Game of the Week be listed every single week?

I didn't notice a listing.

A few notes...

All State logos have been added to the FG nets of the schools who actually have them.
Trainers wear the school colors and not just random colored shirts.

I'll get to the Gameplay questions shortly...

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 01:18 AM
1) Is the shovel pass in the game?

I don't know for sure, but I did not see it.

2) Will smart WRs look for openings against zone defenses?

I didn't specifically test this, but between playing games with even matchups and mismatches, I would say the better receivers do a better job of getting open.

3) Is there proper loft and trajectory on passes?

It has been improved for sure. I dropped some touch passes between the levels of the defense that would have been next to impossible on 11.

4) Is stamina better for OL/DL?

It's tough to say with certainty, but I noticed less OL subbing than in 11.

5) Are there less leaping linebackers aka Superman LB's?

Absolutely, yes.

8) Are the DBs less psychic?

No question. I never saw it at all.

9) Will crowd noise effect the visiting team?

Yes, but I don't think it's changed from 11.

10) Will gameplay be more realistic {i.e. QB running left, turning and throwing back across field and hitting WR right in the numbers, etc.}?

Throwing on the run seems substantially less accurate than on 11.

11) Will the CPU manage the clock better?

I've been told by the devs this was tweaked and I didn't notice anything out of line.

12) Will bubble screens work better?

I think so. I had some success with them.

13) Are the strafing/sliding defenders fixed from the wip videos?

IMO, yes, greatly.

15) How often does the bull rush animation happen where the D-Lineman just shoves the O-Lineman to the ground?

I saw it about once every two games and I play with 9-minute quarters. I did not see it result in a sack, and the first time I saw it, it was a DE running over a HB. The panic that was created by the bullrush video is obscenely offbase.

16) Is it possible to just user strafe all over the field and pick off or bat down passes?

I play on the D-Line, but I never saw anyone doing this.

17) How fast is the gameplay this year compared to 11?

I can't say there's a difference.

20) Is the Shade Receiver Feature from this years Madden also made it into NCAA.

I don't believe so.

25) Can you still pitch the ball perfectly while being tackled?

I don't run much option, but I didn't notice a change from 11.

26) Are scrambling QB's a threat to run the ball if they have room or will they still just stay in the pocket?

They will take off more often, and with more success.

27) How is the pass rush?

The user ablity has been tempered from April. I think people will find that they take a few more sacks unless they force the ball. It is tougher to find passing windows which automatically helps the rush.

A few notes...

When calling a Special Teams play, the playcalling screen defaults to the most common play (ie FG Block).
The CPU punt logic has been greatly improved. The shanks that gave users tons of hidden yardage are gone ans CPU coffin-corner attempts are prevalent. I'm very happy about that.

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks steelerfan for taking the time to look at these items for us.

I am glad to hear that the super human leaping ability of LB's is toned down as well as the psychic DB play.

I wonder how long it will take to adjust to the improved zone D. Did you guys get better at reading the holes in the zones this time compared to the earlier trips? In other words what is your opinion on how steep the learning curve will be for passing effectively on teams who primarily play zone defense?

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks steelerfan for taking the time to look at these items for us.

I am glad to hear that the super human leaping ability of LB's is toned down as well as the psychic DB play.

I wonder how long it will take to adjust to the improved zone D. Did you guys get better at reading the holes in the zones this time compared to the earlier trips? In other words what is your opinion on how steep the learning curve will be for passing effectively on teams who primarily play zone defense?

Glad to do it. Community is what these events are all about.

I can't really compare this trip to previous trips because the game played differently each time as things were added and tweaked. I will say that I really like the new coverage. There are plays where multiple guys can be targeted and other plays where no one is open. Sometimes you find a hole in a zone and other times you don't. I think it's going to force guys to go further into their progressions. If you come to the line with only 1 or 2 routes in mind (which you could get away with too often in 11) you will struggle to be consistent.

WolverineJay
05-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Thats great to hear about pass coverage since I always felt kind of cheap in NCAA 11 when I played my offline Dynasty with my 5 WR pass happy offensive strategy. Heck in my 3 seasons with WMU throwing for 500+ yards every week was an afterthought even on Default Heisman. I'm definitely looking forward to NCAA 12 and feeling rewarded for passing the ball effectively and scoring TD's through the air. July 12th can't get here soon enough, lol.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 02:10 AM
July 12th can't get here soon enough.

:nod:

ryby6969
05-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Thank you for checking this stuff out steeler.

Rudy
05-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Some great thoughts Steelerfan!

shadez
05-23-2011, 06:00 AM
:clap: steelerfan

PeteyKirch
05-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Wow I am pretty disappointed with EA if that sham of a scoreboard is the same in '12 as it was in '11. It was like they slapped it together for '11. Some thorough art designers they got working there.

Koach Vonner
05-23-2011, 08:10 AM
SteelerFan hopefully you can answer my 4 questions as they seem to apply to in game action.

Question #1:
I haven't read anything about the play style which was their main feature last year. I know EA will put something in and then take it out the next year. So I am wondering do they still have the "No Huddle", play fast offenses in the game. Or do I have to go back and Huddle again last past games? "No Huddle" with Custom Playbooks would be awesome and make myself (and other people) dangerous at this game.

Questions #2:
How was the zone read play? Did they improve the blocking to where it's affective this year? Last year it was hit and miss. It depended on how you game planned and ran your plays.

Question #3:
Do they allow you to do Team Color Spat this year? I guess you would've had to have gone to the edit player part of the game and played around.

Questions #4:
Does the 2nd and 3rd defender hitting the ball carrier have more of an affect in years past? EX: In real life that 2nd hitter can cause fumbles, injuries, etc.. Did you notice that happening or was it simply just knocking the ball carrier back?

Thanks for your time and any answers that you can give me. I appreciate all you do.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Koach,

#1 Yes, the no-huddle system from 11 is still in the game.

#2 Again, I'm not much of an option guy, but I did run a few zone read plays. It's hard for me to say with certainty, I don't remember watching replays of it, but I had moderate success in a handful of attempts.

#3 I don't recall new shoe options in the uniform selection, and I didn't go to Player Editor.

#4 There is an impact from the "clean-up" defenders. In small sample sizes, it's tough to say how great it will be, but it's a great new element for the series and people are really going to enjoy how it works.

Koach Vonner
05-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the time and great response steelerfan. We all appreciate what you do for the community.

I'm extremely glad the "No Huddle" system is still in the game.

Question: They didn't change the pre-snap option to that D-Pad crap Madden had did they? (I personally prefer the trigger and bumper buttons to adjust my defense and offense to do hot routes etc. )

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
No Strategy Pad, lol. We're still good in that department. ;)

Another note...

The penalty sliders in NCAA 12 go from 0-100 in increments of 1 as opposed to increments of 5 like it has been for years. In other words, you can set Holding to 52 or Pass Interference to 68 or what have you.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah we made 110% sure that the Strategy Pad never rears it's ugly head in NCAA.

steelerfan
05-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Another note....

I didn't attempt an onside kick, but the CPU attempted a few. They actually recovered one, too. The trajectory of the bounces has changed and the way the ball is fielded by the receiving team is different. I don't know for sure, but I think onside kicks will be greatly improved in 12.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
This is probably a difficult question to answer but how do you feel the cpu plays this vs last year? ...on both sides of the ball

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
This is probably a difficult question to answer but how do you feel the cpu plays this vs last year? ...on both sides of the ball

Defense is a LOT tougher. CPU run game still needs some work, but thankfully sliders should fix that, as I'm basing it off of default sliders.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Defense is a LOT tougher. CPU run game still needs some work, but thankfully sliders should fix that, as I'm basing it off of default sliders.

I figured D would be much tougher so that's good. I do always end up tweaking CPU run game sliders so that's nothing new. I start on default and adjust as I go thru my dynasty. With D being tougher my win/loss record could be ugly my first season with a cupcake roster. Good times!!! :)

gschwendt
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
To be clear, neither myself nor JB were at the Community Event so we can only answer based on past events. Just FYI.

Deuce
05-23-2011, 11:23 AM
To be clear, neither myself nor JB were at the Community Event so we can only answer based on past events. Just FYI.

Thanks...I remember you guys weren't able to go. Maybe CPU run game has been tweaked a bit since you guys were there? Either way, it can be adjusted through sliders so no biggie.

Keontez
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
did any of the CD guys play with the 4-2-5 playbook? Can somebody who did speak on the differences from the 4-2-5 from 11 to 12? Also was the Cover 6 (Qtrs, Qtrs, Half) Coverage included in the playbook?

ram29jackson
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Koach,

#1 Yes, the no-huddle system from 11 is still in the game.

#2 Again, I'm not much of an option guy, but I did run a few zone read plays. It's hard for me to say with certainty, I don't remember watching replays of it, but I had moderate success in a handful of attempts.

#3 I don't recall new shoe options in the uniform selection, and I didn't go to Player Editor.

#4 There is an impact from the "clean-up" defenders. In small sample sizes, it's tough to say how great it will be, but it's a great new element for the series and people are really going to enjoy how it works.

did they fix no huddle so you cant do it when you go out of bounds ?

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 06:11 AM
did they fix no huddle so you cant do it when you go out of bounds ?

In both the college and NFL games IRL (and in game), when you go out of bounds, the clock will restart upon the set of the ball, except inside of 2 minutes in each half. Teams IRL do use the no huddle after OOB plays to conserve time. Some teams simply sugar huddle all the time. I do hate the no huddle after an oob play in game, but it's accurate, and should be left as is imo.

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Another note....

I didn't attempt an onside kick, but the CPU attempted a few. They actually recovered one, too. The trajectory of the bounces has changed and the way the ball is fielded by the receiving team is different. I don't know for sure, but I think onside kicks will be greatly improved in 12.

Actually, as small as that sounds, it is HUGE for me. I am getting SICK of the balling perma-sticking to the back of somebody's hand on the return team. Hopefully there will be no suction on this play this year.

Jayrah
05-24-2011, 06:14 AM
No Strategy Pad, lol. We're still good in that department. ;)

Another note...

The penalty sliders in NCAA 12 go from 0-100 in increments of 1 as opposed to increments of 5 like it has been for years. In other words, you can set Holding to 52 or Pass Interference to 68 or what have you.

Do the penalty sliders have any effect on PI and roughing penalties? They haven't for some time now.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Actually, as small as that sounds, it is HUGE for me. I am getting SICK of the balling perma-sticking to the back of somebody's hand on the return team. Hopefully there will be no suction on this play this year.

No suction on the couple of onsides kicks that I saw. The receiving team had to fall on it and that moment of hesitation gave the kicking team a chance to recover.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Do the penalty sliders have any effect on PI and roughing penalties?

I have seen both penalties called much more frequently on '12 and I'm very hopeful that we'll have more variety this year because of it.

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 09:00 AM
In both the college and NFL games IRL (and in game), when you go out of bounds, the clock will restart upon the set of the ball, except inside of 2 minutes in each half.

Isn't it 5 minutes, at least in the NFL?

Keontez
05-24-2011, 02:00 PM
I take it no one has answers to the other questions?

steelerfan
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I take it no one has answers to the other questions?

I don't. I'm a 4-3/3-4 guy.

Keontez
05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I meant the other gameplay question that you didn't answer.

Paakaa10
05-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Now that I'm mostly settled in--as mentioned in the Scramble QB thread, I got off the plane from Florida on Saturday night and moved from Michigan to Oklahoma on Sunday--I'll be happy to try to answer some questions if there are things on the list left over. That said, the thread is getting pretty long and I don't know what's been answered, what's waiting for answers still, etc...

I'll also probably be of better use answering general questions as opposed to more specific inquiries, as I don't remember hyper-specific details from last week after driving through supercell thunderstorms on Sunday and weathering more bad storms tonight.

jaymo76
05-24-2011, 11:47 PM
I have seen both penalties called much more frequently on '12 and I'm very hopeful that we'll have more variety this year because of it.

But what about the frequency of calls for ALL penalties? In years past 100 for most translated into no real increase... cough... pass interference... cough

steelerfan
05-25-2011, 02:36 AM
But what about the frequency of calls for ALL penalties? In years past 100 for most translated into no real increase... cough... pass interference... cough

If I used my penalty sliders from 11 on 12, there'd be a flag on almost every snap. I did see some PI last week with the slider at 55, I believe. It looks very promising from what I have seen. :)

umhester04
05-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Here's a question, if you press the tackle button early while you are infront of the ball carrier going towards him will he sortof dive down and go for the knees of the ballcarrier? This would add so much depth to this feature as it is a new form of strategy to go for the knees for bigger ballcarriers.

umhester04
05-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Also one more question. I was just reading through the thread about the last community event and a discussion that interested me was about the player momentum, juking, cutting, etc. What I am wondering is if anyone actually saw any improvements on this? Things to look for were if say you were running down the sideline and a cpu player came to cut you off, once you hit the right analog stick to the left/right will there still be an animation that plays out where the runner has to break the defenders ankles or will the runner just keep on going and the defender just overpursues him. I feel that this problem was due to suction in '11, like the defender got sucked into the juke move and since there is no more suction I am hoping this is fixed.

baseballplyrmvp
05-26-2011, 09:17 AM
are we able to use formation subs in the different formation packages? ie: if i flick the right stick over to use the lb pass rush out of the dime, can i use formation subs to swap out the linebackers for other ones?

Paakaa10
05-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Here's a question, if you press the tackle button early while you are infront of the ball carrier going towards him will he sortof dive down and go for the knees of the ballcarrier? This would add so much depth to this feature as it is a new form of strategy to go for the knees for bigger ballcarriers.

I would have to have the game in front of me to test this and see what "type" of tackle is "triggered" at different angles and distances for the situation you describe. In general, however, it is more useful to think about the :ps3sq:/:360x: tackle button as being a "Safe Tackle" or "Wrap Tackle" as opposed to the "Dive Tackle" that it was in the past. Pressing the button can still "trigger" a diving tackle in some circumstances, but for the most part it is meant to be a more sure-handed alternative to blindly using the Hit Stick.

I believe--and this is conjecture without the game in front of me--that your tackler would be more likely to wrap the ball carrier at the midsection than try to tackle at the knees in the situation you describe. That said, if there was enough distance between your tackler and the ball carrier, it might "trigger" a tackle that would end up hitting the offensive player lower. It'll very much be a case-by-case basis, and it's one of those things you'll want to be sure to try for yourself once you have the game in-hand.

What I am wondering is if anyone actually saw any improvements on this? Things to look for were if say you were running down the sideline and a cpu player came to cut you off, once you hit the right analog stick to the left/right will there still be an animation that plays out where the runner has to break the defenders ankles or will the runner just keep on going and the defender just overpursues him. I feel that this problem was due to suction in '11, like the defender got sucked into the juke move and since there is no more suction I am hoping this is fixed.

For the most part, the giant "canned" jukes from NCAA Football 11 are a thing of the past; I don't think I saw a single occurrence in my 70 hours or so with the game over the course of the Community Events. If you're being pursued down the sideline, your best bet would probably be to use the "Right Stick Down" move to try and throw off the defender's timing and angle, as just flicking the stick to the left or right is nowhere near as effective anymore in terms of eluding a tackle.

are we able to use formation subs in the different formation packages? ie: if i flick the right stick over to use the lb pass rush out of the dime, can i use formation subs to swap out the linebackers for other ones?

Didn't want you to feel like I'd overlooked your question, but unfortunately I can't answer it personally. The other guys from the events spent more time with formation subs and things of that like than I did; hopefully you'll be able to get an answer from one of them. Sorry!

umhester04
05-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks a lot Paakaa for answering my questions, NCAA 12 is looking extremely well put together. I am new to this site and I have to say the people here do a great job of interacting with the community. Looks like im here to stay.

Paakaa10
05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks a lot Paakaa for answering my questions, NCAA 12 is looking extremely well put together. I am new to this site and I have to say the people here do a great job of interacting with the community. Looks like im here to stay.

No problem at all; they call these jaunts down to the studio at Tiburon "Community Events," and I consider it part of my responsibility to do what I can to try and communicate the concerns and hopes of community members while there is still time for the game to be changed. Glad you like what you've seen so far and I'm excited for everybody here to get their hands on NCAA Football 12 on July 12th.

PDuncanOSU
05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I've seen in the various videos/blogs/forums that in NCAA 12 schools will consider playbook style when hiring coaches and recruit players that fit that style. Per the gaming tailgates playbook spreadsheet; Notre Dame, Oregon, and TCU's playbook style is listed as "Spread" for NCAA 11. These 3 "spread" playbooks are very different. Will there be any new playbook styles or player types in NCAA 12? Maybe something like a "spread balanced" "spread run" and "spread pass" playbook style? Or an "option" type quarterback added to the "balanced" "pocket-passer" and "scrambler" types we had last year.

steelerfan
05-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Anything I haven't answered is because either I'm unsure, I don't know, or we can't talk about it (entrances etc).

Rudy
05-26-2011, 04:32 PM
For the most part, the giant "canned" jukes from NCAA Football 11 are a thing of the past; I don't think I saw a single occurrence in my 70 hours or so with the game over the course of the Community Events. If you're being pursued down the sideline, your best bet would probably be to use the "Right Stick Down" move to try and throw off the defender's timing and angle, as just flicking the stick to the left or right is nowhere near as effective anymore in terms of eluding a tackle.

I'm going to be a hypocrite here. While I love realism and want great player momentum and weight, I loved the super juke. I'm a juke man through and through. It's about the only move I use lol. My rushing attack just got worse.

Deuce
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm going to be a hypocrite here. While I love realism and want great player momentum and weight, I loved the super juke. I'm a juke man through and through. It's about the only move I use lol. My rushing attack just got worse.

Ha ha...that's exactly what I thought. I'm hoping the lack of suction will make the super juke unneeded and that small jukes will be all you need??

umhester04
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Im not quite sure how to post embedded videos in here but Rudy, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od10QscEYfg

Rudy
05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Im not quite sure how to post embedded videos in here but Rudy, this is for you.

I loved breaking ankles in NCAA 06. AA got to be too offensive and I moved it up to Heisman which player very well with slider adjustments other than one issue - overpowered cpu zone defence (I'm not joking either). The juke AP put on the defender at 4:12 was awesome. P.S. Just use the video shortcut or add the video tags around the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od10QscEYfg

Ha ha...that's exactly what I thought. I'm hoping the lack of suction will make the super juke unneeded and that small jukes will be all you need??

I hope so too! If you can use their weight against them you don't need super moves as much.

Pig Bomb
05-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm a ground and pound kinda guy...I love to bang it up in there between the tackles... this new "momentum on tackles" thing is good news for "truck and cover" guys like me... hopefully gone are th days of suction tackling... enter the new age of 3 yards in a cloud of dust smashmouth football!!

I think I may name my new offense "Truck and Cover" ...I kinda like that!

Deuce
05-27-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm a ground and pound kinda guy...I love to bang it up in there between the tackles... this new "momentum on tackles" thing is good news for "truck and cover" guys like me... hopefully gone are th days of suction tackling... enter the new age of 3 yards in a cloud of dust smashmouth football!!

I think I may name my new offense "Truck and Cover" ...I kinda like that!

Yep...me too. Especially in my first and second year. Until I can recruit a decent QB I run prolly 65-70% of the time. I try to keep games low scoring so I can have a chance to win at the end. Otherwise, I'll get blown out.

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Me three. I LOVE smashmouth football with a hardnosed defense and a score that ends up being 13-10 or 17-14. Hopefully, with improved defensive zones, we'll see more things like that and less 54-52 triple overtime scores (though those are EXTREMELY exciting to win).

steelerfan
05-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Just to give you guys an idea, here are the scores from my games against the CPU last week. I used my 11 sliders (had to adjust a couple - kicking power had to be upped from 11). I play with 9-minute quarters on AA.

Houston (me) 35, So Miss 34
Michigan 31, W Michigan (me) 7
Tulsa 28, Tulane (me) 24
Tulane (me) 24, UAB 17
Tulane (me) 20, Duke 17
Tulane (me) 31, Army 23

I was very happy with those scores, particularly with 9-minute quarters. :nod:

WolverineJay
05-27-2011, 04:00 PM
That sounds very promising steelerfan considering 8 min on AA level even with heavily favored sliders for the CPU would often lead to 40 point wins for me on 11'. My usual score was something like 70-28 so I had to make the jump to Heisman. If the defense is as good as advertised this year then I will definitely look forward to some 21-17 or 17-13 defensive battles for a change, plus some losses to the CPU when they should beat my low level team would be great.

Rudy
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Just to give you guys an idea, here are the scores from my games against the CPU last week. I used my 11 sliders (had to adjust a couple - kicking power had to be upped from 11).

So your NCAA 11 sliders applied pretty well to NCAA 12? I may just try plugging mine in when I get the game. I normally start at default with a few exceptions - I always lower qb accuracy a little and boost the cpu run blocking a lot.

As for my offense, I usually run a pro-style two TE set with a good amount of running. But last year was the first time I ran the spread-option and I must say I had a lot of fun with it. I may mix it up a little this year. With Denard I'll definitely want to keep some read option plays in the playbook. I'll probably recruit the best QB I can find and tweak my offense around him. Kind of undecided as to what I want to run right now.

steelerfan
05-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, Rudy, my 11 sliders did work out pretty well. Like I said, I had to up HUM and CPU FGP and FGA (both are toned down from 11's default). On 11, my FGP was 10/20 (HUM/CPU) and my FGA was 15/55. On 12, I used FGP at 25/35 and FGA at 30/55. Tough to say if that's where I'll end up on 12, but that will be my starting point.

My passing (as should be expected) took a hit last week vs what I could do on 11. With my 11 sliders, I completed just 50.7% (76 of 150) of my passes vs the CPU last week on 12.

rhombic21
05-27-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm a little disappointed to hear that it's still so easy to hit long field goals on the default settings (as evidenced by your slider adjustments). That really impacts the game in pretty meaningful ways for ranked online games. Guys hit 50+ FGs with ease, which results in a lot more possessions that end in points than would normally be the case. It effectively shortens the field by 5-10 yards, in terms of when the offense is comfortably in scoring position.

steelerfan
05-28-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm a little disappointed to hear that it's still so easy to hit long field goals on the default settings (as evidenced by your slider adjustments). That really impacts the game in pretty meaningful ways for ranked online games. Guys hit 50+ FGs with ease, which results in a lot more possessions that end in points than would normally be the case. It effectively shortens the field by 5-10 yards, in terms of when the offense is comfortably in scoring position.

Honestly, I'm not sure how 50 FGP is. I went to practice, using the median kicker (82 or 83 KPW, OK St) and found that his range was 47 with KPW at 25. For me, the median kicker hitting from 47 without wind is what I want.

I'm guessing with KPW at 50, it's going to produce less desirable results but it should be better than 11. As noted, I had to raise HUM KPW from 10 to 25 on NCAA 12 to produce the results I got on NCAA 11.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
So your NCAA 11 sliders applied pretty well to NCAA 12? I may just try plugging mine in when I get the game. I normally start at default with a few exceptions - I always lower qb accuracy a little and boost the cpu run blocking a lot.

As for my offense, I usually run a pro-style two TE set with a good amount of running. But last year was the first time I ran the spread-option and I must say I had a lot of fun with it. I may mix it up a little this year. With Denard I'll definitely want to keep some read option plays in the playbook. I'll probably recruit the best QB I can find and tweak my offense around him. Kind of undecided as to what I want to run right now.

I may do that as well with my 11 sliders. However, last night I played as Idaho in my off week (season 7 at ASU). Idaho is D rated. The game was in Houston in the pouring rain. Houston is a C+ programme. Long story short... I lost 38-20. However, my starter and backup combined for 22.4% completion %. Plus my recievers had a combined total of 17 DROPPED PASSES! That score was flattering to me (two late TD's from the D). My RB's only combined for 77 rush yards.

Maybe I don't know how tough my sliders are at this point because my ASU team is A and A+ across the board.