PDA

View Full Version : Forum Feedback - May 2011

gschwendt
05-01-2011, 12:52 AM
We'll have a new one each month, open for all to give feedback.

If we missed something in the previous month's thread, post again here. Feedback can be anything, ranging from smilies to new content idea, etc. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post an idea publicly.

gschwendt
05-01-2011, 12:54 AM
I've added an Amazon search capability on our support the site (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?5) page. With that, you can now search for anything on Amazon and it will contribute a percentage towards the site costing you nothing additional.

ram29jackson
05-01-2011, 04:39 AM
haha

for the possibility of doing a site team using the site/forum colors. Could you change the Home/Blogs/Forum pink tab to an actual red or dark blue or something haha ?...incredibly unimportant but worth a shot

Flav
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
ETA on the fixed forum skin?

gschwendt
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
ETA on the fixed forum skin?
I have one I'm working on that is a reskin touching a lot of different stylevars, it's about 90% complete. However, I can quickly throw out a Bullish plain fixed though... I'll do that now.

CLW
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Any progress on the little "Award Icons" previously discussed for # of Posts; Donator; Whore of the Month; etc...?

steelerfan
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Any progress on the little "Award Icons" previously discussed for # of Posts; Donator; Whore of the Month; etc...?

Again, JB will always have the most posts and be the biggest whore, so It's pretty much pointless.

gschwendt
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
New forum styles added... NCAA12 Fixed and NCAA12 Wide.

Let me know any feedback.

Kingpin32
05-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I like the NCAA 12 theme. *Places stamp of approval*

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
New forum styles added... NCAA12 Fixed and NCAA12 Wide.

Let me know any feedback.

I dont understand what this means ? how do you find/see it ?

Kingpin32
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I dont understand what this means ? how do you find/see it ?

Scroll down to the very bottom of your page and on the left side there should be a little drop down box. Those are the different forum skins you can pick.

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I prefer the old just because the new stuff bounces around too much

I OU a Beatn
05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I like it, too. Nice work, G. I'm sticking with my Bullish V2, though. It's way too sexy to change it.

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I like it, too. Nice work, G. I'm sticking with my Bullish V2, though. It's way too sexy to change it.

Ditto, but I really like the look of the one with Ingram on the background, but Bullish straight up is too good for me to switch.

psuexv
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Anyone know why you can't post a You Tube video at a specific time?

I can grab the url for it at a specific time in the vid say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kxAA2L4Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=11s but it plays the whole video when posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kxAA2L4Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=11s

Also when I check the URL after I've posted it, the URL still shows that it should be at the 11th second.

gschwendt
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Because you can't embed a video at a specific time. As far as my understanding, it's not a vBulletin limitation, it's a Youtube limitation.

psuexv
05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Because you can't embed a video at a specific time. As far as my understanding, it's not a vBulletin limitation, it's a Youtube limitation.

Actually it looks like you can do it by using a start parameter.... however I'm guessing this will be a VB limitation as we don't have full access to the embed code.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/start-youtube-video-minutes-seconds/

http://www.reelseo.com/youtube-deep-linking/

JeffHCross
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
What am I doing wrong here ...

A|B|C
1|2|3
A|B|C
1|2|3

A|B|C
1|2|3
A|B|C
1|2|3

Also (and this probably is not of your doing, but is funny enough to point out) ... Code blocks don't break Table Code, but they do break BBCode.

A|B|C
1|2|3

:D :) :5star: :up:

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Some more emoticons

:fdown: :lb:

: + fdown + :
: + lb + :

CLW
05-05-2011, 04:09 PM
On the table=head front is there anyway we can get it to where the background is filled with the color of our choice? This would be a nice add for box scores in dynasty reports.

cdj
05-07-2011, 07:07 AM
On the table=head front is there anyway we can get it to where the background is filled with the color of our choice? This would be a nice add for box scores in dynasty reports.

This is something for G.

When my work slows down later this week, I'll try and get cracking on the icons. We have some cool ones in mind.

gschwendt
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
What am I doing wrong here ...
It was brokeded...
Col 1|Col 2|Col 3
A|B|C
B|C|A
C|A|B
While I was in there, I enabled sorting as well.

I'm really not sure... I see that there is the ability to add css options but truth be told I'm a bit lost when it comes to that. I'm going to dig around for an answer and also ask on the mod's dedicated thread on vbulletin.org but I'm not sure whether it will be possible or not since the css for the color is stored outside the plugin.

*Edit
If anyone knows css, I have a bit of information that looks like I might be starting to understand but would like to bounce it off anyone who is willing to help out. As well... not certain whether it would just give you various optional css layouts or if it would actually let you customize it to your choosing.

gschwendt
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
There are also additional options (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=900270&postcount=2) that I was unaware of

Col 1|Col 2| Col 3
A|B|C
B|C|A
C|A|B

generates this:

Col 1|Col 2| Col 3
A|B|C
B|C|A
C|A|B

Looking further at the CSS... it looks like I would have to define all of the CSS options that you might want as a specific layout so if you wanted a Duke themed table, I'd have to create a Duke/blue css layout. Then you could just set it like css=Duke (or whatever). Maybe I get a wildhair one day and create css layouts for each of the 120 NCAA teams but for now I feel like I accomplished enough for the day :)

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 11:46 AM
:confused:

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 03:04 PM
*Edit
If anyone knows css, I have a bit of information that looks like I might be starting to understand but would like to bounce it off anyone who is willing to help out. As well... not certain whether it would just give you various optional css layouts or if it would actually let you customize it to your choosing.I've dabbled in CSS before. If you have questions, shoot 'em my way.

CLW
05-09-2011, 06:26 AM
I have no knowledge of how it is done technically but at some other forums all you have to type is table = head and then select that and pick the color you want the heading color to be.

TEAM|1|2|3|4|FINAL
:Duke:|0|0|0|0|0|
:North_Carolina:|0|0|0|0|0|

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm a very active person but you wanna know what keeps me from TGT, a great site? The forum skin. Can we please add a darker skin for the forum? The white background is to bright for me.

gschwendt
05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm a very active person but you wanna know what keeps me from TGT, a great site? The forum skin. Can we please add a darker skin for the forum? The white background is to bright for me.
Tell me what you want to see... just a dark gray background or what? Just tell me what you want to see and you can be the focus group for the new skin :)

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Definitely give us your thoughts on that....we can get it done for you.

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Just a black/grey skin or just the option to change it.

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Just a black/grey skin or just the option to change it.

This might actually get me to change my Bullish skin. Like on this site. (http://wecravegames.com/forums/forum.php)

If you select the "DarkVision" skin at the bottom left, that's my idea of a great looking dark skin. Obviously, you can make your own little creative touches to it, but the different shades of black/dark grey with the white text makes it soothing and really easy to look at come night time.

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah it's definitely easier on the eyes.

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't have/see that option. Only Wide, Fixed, and Bullish options.

CLW
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
IMHO I like the lighter background here at TGT. I know TF has an entirely black background and I personally HATE it but to each their own I suppose.

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
IMHO I like the lighter background here at TGT. I know TF has an entirely black background and I personally HATE it but to each their own I suppose.

That's why you'll still have Bullish! ;)

Jerzey, it's not on this site. Click the link in my post and then it'll take you to another site where you can select that skin. I just posted it so G could have something to use as motivation.

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I like it with pictures but being a person with glasses and a night time surfer, I rarely travel to these 'light' background forums. I'm just one of those 'options' guys:)

Edit: Yeah, that background is nice. Very easy on the ol' spectacles

gschwendt
05-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't have/see that option. Only Wide, Fixed, and Bullish options.
He's talking about on the example site he linked, wecravegames.com, there is a Dark Vision style. Is that something like what you had in mind?

gschwendt
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm just one of those 'options' guys:)
Agreed... we're always here to give options where-ever we can, especially if it's as simple as color scheme changes (though, don't everyone start requesting "can you give me a Washington Huskies themed skin?)

CLW
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
That's why you'll still have Bullish! ;)

Jerzey, it's not on this site. Click the link in my post and then it'll take you to another site where you can select that skin. I just posted it so G could have something to use as motivation.

Oh yeah I'm fine with having all different options. To each their own. I was simply point out that TraditionFootball has an all black background and it drives me NUTS especially when I copy/paste a long quote and you cannot read it after the post unless you highlight it with your mouse.

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah I'm fine with having all different options. To each their own. I was simply point out that TraditionFootball has an all black background and it drives me NUTS especially when I copy/paste a long quote and you cannot read it after the post unless you highlight it with your mouse.

So it's a black background and has a light shade of black text? I wouldn't like that, either. If the background is black/dark grey, IMO, the text almost has to be white or a light shade of grey.

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
I like it with pictures but being a person with glasses and a night time surfer, I rarely travel to these 'light' background forums. I'm just one of those 'options' guys:)

Edit: Yeah, that background is nice. Very easy on the ol' spectacles

That's racist! :D

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Agreed... we're always here to give options where-ever we can, especially if it's as simple as color scheme changes (though, don't everyone start requesting "can you give me a Washington Huskies themed skin?)

How about a Navy themed blue and gold? :P

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 03:26 PM
That's racist! :D

Don't worry, I'm an Equal Opportunity Racist. I hate everybody equally :)

How about a Navy themed blue and gold? :P

Semen these days... smh... Go Army! ;)

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Semen these days... smh... Go Army! ;)

Great, a mule fan. :rolleyes:

:D

Kingpin32
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I swear Army/Navy fans/servicemen have their own language of disses. It's pretty cool to witness though.

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 03:52 PM

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 07:34 PM
This might actually get me to change my Bullish skin. Like on this site. (http://wecravegames.com/forums/forum.php)

Yeah it's definitely easier on the eyes.
It appears to be a free skin too: http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?21-vBulletin-Skins&

I swear Army/Navy fans/servicemen have their own language of disses. It's pretty cool to witness though.Thank goodness we only see so much of it around here. The extent of the nicknames is ridiculous.

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
It appears to be a free skin too: http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?21-vBulletin-Skins&

DarkVision White = Sexy. Nice find.

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah. DarkVision Free, DarkVision White and DarkChrome all look very nice.

morsdraconis
05-09-2011, 09:06 PM
:dunno:

I don't see the big deal at all. I couldn't really care any less what the forum color looks like, as long as it's not some crazy iridescent color like neon green or some shit. Simplistic is definitely better in my opinion, but, beyond that, I don't much care one way or another.

Though, I will say white text on black looks way worse than black text on white.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 09:07 PM

I don't see the big deal at all. I couldn't really care any less what the forum color looks like, as long as it's not some crazy iridescent color like neon green or some shit. Simplistic is definitely better in my opinion, but, beyond that, I don't much care one way or another.

You mean you don't want to see a Hot Pink, with some streaks of neon green and orange mixed in for a forum color? Damn, there goes that request of mine. :(

I OU a Beatn
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Though, I will say white text on black looks way worse than black text on white.

A white background is hard to look at when you're not in a well lit room. In that situation, white text on black background is way better.

morsdraconis
05-09-2011, 09:45 PM
A white background is hard to look at when you're not in a well lit room. In that situation, white text on black background is way better.

I could see that being an issue, but it's not for me. That's my primary way of viewing the website (dark room) and it doesn't bother me at all, but I'm also using my 49" HDTV as my monitor so that could be part of it as well.

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Options are good, if not for any reason more than we don't all have to agree on something ;)

( God knows that's tough enough 'round here )

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Options are good, if not for any reason more than we don't all have to agree on something ;)

( God knows that's tough enough 'round here )

Amen. The more options there are, the better. It would be impossible to choose one or two things that would make every single person happy.

HuskerBlitz
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM
We need a sky blue with navy blue accents. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 10:38 PM
We need a sky blue with navy blue accents. :nod:

:nod:

JerzeyReign
05-10-2011, 03:46 AM

Not a fan, I'm just in the Army. Maybe one day the Army will allow our future butter bars to become fat so we could actually compete. Have fun on your boat;)

I swear Army/Navy fans/servicemen have their own language of disses. It's pretty cool to witness though.

And most are not 'G' rated. Now that I think about it, calling him 'Semen' instead of 'Seaman' is about as clean as it gets :)

oweb26
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't know if there is a thread already(if so maybe sticky it somewhere) or if there even will be videos being posted of anything.

You guys might want to create a thread for the inevitable "How do I capture games" questions and already have it laid out. Not sure you the site will get an up tick or not when the game comes out but that will hopefully save the questions(i.e clutter) regarding the capturing games if one is already laid out and you can just point them to it.

gschwendt
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't know if there is a thread already(if so maybe sticky it somewhere) or if there even will be videos being posted of anything.

You guys might want to create a thread for the inevitable "How do I capture games" questions and already have it laid out. Not sure you the site will get an up tick or not when the game comes out but that will hopefully save the questions(i.e clutter) regarding the capturing games if one is already laid out and you can just point them to it.
Yeah... I've thought about putting one together, just need to find the time to sit down and write it up. Thanks for the suggestion though, that should help push me to get it done.

steelerfan
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM

Amazingly, I agree 100% with a completely unfiltered, uncensored quote from mors. Wow!

morsdraconis
05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
/end of the world as we know it

;)

JBHuskers
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Amazingly, I agree 100% with a completely unfiltered, uncensored quote from mors. Wow!

;)

http://www.thekeep.org/~lara/DC_wtf.gif

I OU a Beatn
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
:D:D @ JB.

CLW
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah... I've thought about putting one together, just need to find the time to sit down and write it up. Thanks for the suggestion though, that should help push me to get it done.

Yeah it would help Noobs like me from having to start a thread about my latest tech needs. :nod:

steelerfan
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM

;)

No kidding!! :D

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2011, 04:17 PM

;)

No kidding!! :D

Better start repenting. Skynet is becoming self aware next Thursday.

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html)

I think Microsoft is going to be the cause of it. How's this for timing...

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/17883-219310-1.jpg?rand=8397BD6A-0FFE-1AAF-E6525FC75A205E3E

May 19th, the Xbox 360 spring system update, two days later, the end of the world.

:P

steelerfan
05-10-2011, 04:44 PM
US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

Well, I for one, will not give up raccoon hunting for Jesus. :fp:

JeffHCross
05-11-2011, 12:59 AM
5000 character limit for PMs?

That's crap. I want to write a novel!

Deuce
05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Any way we can get a 'positive post only' thread? :D

...I'm actually half serious. I know that defeats the purpose of a forum but it would be perfect for me! :P

JeffHCross
05-12-2011, 09:08 PM
No.

Deuce
05-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Sorry...didn't realize you were an admin.

JeffHCross
05-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry...didn't realize you were an admin.Doesn't matter, I can still say No. ;)

If nothing else, it juxtaposes with your 'positive only' idea :D

Deuce
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Doesn't matter, I can still say No. ;)

If nothing else, it juxtaposes with your 'positive only' idea :D

Ok...then make it where when you block someone they remained blocked when someone replies to their post.

JeffHCross
05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Ok...then make it where when you block someone they remained blocked when someone replies to their post.Sadly I believe that's a limitation of the vBulletin software itself. I've been looking for something like that on the forums I've run in the past -- and asked about it on some other forums I've been a member of. I don't think the forum software recognizes the quote as a post, just as fancy formatted text.

Would be nice though.

Deuce
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Sadly I believe that's a limitation of the vBulletin software itself. I've been looking for something like that on the forums I've run in the past -- and asked about it on some other forums I've been a member of. I don't think the forum software recognizes the quote as a post, just as fancy formatted text.

Would be nice though.

bummer...I guess I just need to learn to ignore. :-)

JeffHCross
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Ha. Don't we all ... don't we all.

psuexv
05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure if this is just me as an isolated incident but a couple of posts aren't showing the YouTube Vid

If you actually go to the posts all you see is the text, but if you quote it you can see what's really there.

What better to bump the Nothing Thread than to talk about the new television talk show hosted by Mors and Steelerfan?

It goes something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqpXLRlkHk0

JB as the cop... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjvbeUjie4&NR=1

gschwendt
05-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Not sure if this is just me as an isolated incident but a couple of posts aren't showing the YouTube Vid

If you actually go to the posts all you see is the text, but if you quote it you can see what's really there.
Those particular videos show embedded correctly for me. What style are you using? Browser?

psuexv
05-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Those particular videos show embedded correctly for me. What style are you using? Browser?

Bullish v2 and Firefox. The weird thing is it's only those 2 vids... the others in the thread show up

psuexv
05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
OK so I noticed this happening in the GIF thread as well. The Images aren't showing up. So I changed styles, didn't help, opened up Chrome, didn't help, came back to Firefox and the GIF thread ones are there. Go to the nothing thread and those vids show up, come back to the GIF thread and some of the other images don't show up now..... I'm utterly confused.

gschwendt
05-13-2011, 01:51 PM
OK so I noticed this happening in the GIF thread as well. The Images aren't showing up. So I changed styles, didn't help, opened up Chrome, didn't help, came back to Firefox and the GIF thread ones are there. Go to the nothing thread and those vids show up, come back to the GIF thread and some of the other images don't show up now..... I'm utterly confused.
No clue... sounds very isolated. I'd recommend clearing your browser cache, cookies, etc.

psuexv
05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
No clue... sounds very isolated. I'd recommend clearing your browser cache, cookies, etc.

yeah I try to do that regularly... Maybe I've been surfing too much :)

psuexv
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Didn't work, not real sure :dunno: Not a big deal

ram29jackson
05-14-2011, 09:19 PM
just might get 1000 site members by the time the game comes out ...?

JBHuskers
05-14-2011, 09:42 PM
just might get 1000 site members by the time the game comes out ...?

It's definitely looking like it's heading that way :up:

JeffHCross
05-17-2011, 12:45 AM
I'd recommend resizing it a little (I don't like that some of our "new" emoticons have drastically different sizes, but that's a personal pet peeve of mine) ... but this would be a cool new emoticon.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss252/Z3roZ3roFalco/EasyButton.png

steelerfan
05-17-2011, 02:02 AM
I'd recommend resizing it a little (I don't like that some of our "new" emoticons have drastically different sizes, but that's a personal pet peeve of mine) ... but this would be a cool new emoticon.

I think that should be JB's avatar, actually.

Kingpin32
05-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Make that happen CDJ. You have the power.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Will do.

I think that should be JB's avatar, actually.

Of course!

Make that happen CDJ. You have the power.

He's out of the office :D plus I've been adding most of the smileys (mainly because psuexv needs them)

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 09:02 AM
That was easy.

:easy:

: + easy + :

psuexv
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
(mainly because psuexv needs them)

:smh: I've become Steelerfan requesting smileys :fp:

psuexv
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
What can I say, I'm a man of few words. :D

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
What can I say, I'm a man of few words. :D

psuexv
05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I really wish I could find the Seinfeld episode where Kramer doesn't speak. I can find the clips with Kathy Griffin but not the non-verbal communication stuff

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I really wish I could find the Seinfeld episode where Kramer doesn't speak. I can find the clips with Kathy Griffin but not the non-verbal communication stuff

Here's an "episode" where he wish he didn't speak. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pp6WC1Ocz4

psuexv
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
HA, I completely forgot about that

psuexv
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
This is actually a 2 part question. #1 Can you autosum within a table? #2 Can you save a post as a template?

gschwendt
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
This is actually a 2 part question. #1 Can you autosum within a table? #2 Can you save a post as a template?
No. No.

If you're looking to create a table as a template, I'd suggest setting it up so that excel dumps it out as the format you're wanting.

psuexv
05-17-2011, 08:31 PM
No. No.

If you're looking to create a table as a template, I'd suggest setting it up so that excel dumps it out as the format you're wanting.

Yeah I have it sitting in Google Docs for easy access, but wanted to see if I could keep it here for easier

HuskerBlitz
05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
So, JB is easy? We need a TMI emoticon next then.

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
So, JB is easy? We need a TMI emoticon next then.

That's obvious, and we really don't need a TMI emoticon when you....can just type TMI :D

HuskerBlitz
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, EASY is just one letter more. :P

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Well, EASY is just one letter more. :P

but :easy: has a logo, TMI is just an acronym :P

HuskerBlitz
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
http://hoeferle.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tmi_logo_rgb_300_dpi.jpg?w=128&h=67

I win!

JBHuskers
05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
http://hoeferle.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tmi_logo_rgb_300_dpi.jpg?w=128&h=67

I win!

:smh:

hawkeyeguy
05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
A "rep" feature would be cool as well.

Flav
05-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I would really like a Thanks Mod. It would be a lot easier when you agree with someone rather than just posting again.

I OU a Beatn
05-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I suggested the rep or thanks system and got shot down. I maintain is was a good idea! As was the post bit icons! As was the dark skin!

JeffHCross
05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Rep becomes nothing more than a popularity contest. It's quickly proven to be worthless (or worse) on every forum I've used that has it added. Now, a Thanks ability would be actually decent. As Flav said, it's a way to state agreement without a one-liner post.

hawkeyeguy
05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
I suggested the rep or thanks system and got shot down. I maintain is was a good idea! As was the post bit icons! As was the dark skin!

Absolutely agree, it's fun to read the comments that are left for plus or minus rep too.

CLW
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
With the new Coaching Career mode perhaps red/green < / > Icons could be created so that we could post them in Tables here when reporting dynasties?

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/vignette/NCAABlogImages/Carousel5-24-2011/carousel3.jpg

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll ask to see if we can get the exact asset.

CLW
05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll ask to see if we can get the exact asset.

:clap:

Cody
05-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Do you guys take affiliates?

CLW
05-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Can we add the ability to post polls? - Perhaps you could limit it to subscribers or something.

EDIT: LMAO nevermind I think I found out how to post a poll. Carry on. :fp:

Cody
05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Can we give teambuilder it's own forum?

SmoothPancakes
05-31-2011, 02:24 AM
Can we give teambuilder it's own forum?

It already does have it's own.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-TeamBuilder

JBHuskers
05-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Since we have a lot of athletes and celebrities who like to do this, I have added the backpedaling smilie.

:bp:

: bp :

Paakaa10
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Apparently the forum set a new record for users online at once this morning:

Most users ever online was 648, Today at 08:32 AM.

Anyone know what was happening at that time?

Also; only 13 members away from 1,000 registered! Woo!

psuexv
05-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Can we add the ability to post polls? - Perhaps you could limit it to subscribers or something.

EDIT: LMAO nevermind I think I found out how to post a poll. Carry on. :fp:

:bp: :easy:

JBHuskers
05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Apparently the forum set a new record for users online at once this morning:

Anyone know what was happening at that time?

Also; only 13 members away from 1,000 registered! Woo!

EA posted one of our stories on Twitter and Facebook. That is what caused the explosion.

Paakaa10
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
EA posted one of our stories on Twitter and Facebook. That is what caused the explosion.

Sweet! :up:

psuexv
05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Do we have BBcode to resize images? I've tried [IMG=50x50] and [IMG width "50" height "50"] but they don't work

gschwendt
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Do we have BBcode to resize images? I've tried [IMG=50x50] and [IMG width "50" height "50"] but they don't work
No... no BBCode will currently resize images. Next time I go looking for vbulletin hacks, I'll take a look to see if that's a possibility.

Cody
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
TGT is amazing guys

JBHuskers
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
TGT is amazing guys

Thank you sir!

psuexv
05-31-2011, 03:38 PM
No... no BBCode will currently resize images. Next time I go looking for vbulletin hacks, I'll take a look to see if that's a possibility.

cool - I just saved and resized the image that I wanted but I did a quick search and there's a couple of older posts on vBulletin that say it's possible. Not sure if it's a real need

gschwendt
05-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I've added a quick & dirty method... use , where X equals your width.
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/thegamingtailgate/sitegraphics/grill75.png
[imgw=20px]http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/thegamingtailgate/sitegraphics/grill75.png

gschwendt
05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
cool - I just saved and resized the image that I wanted but I did a quick search and there's a couple of older posts on vBulletin that say it's possible. Not sure if it's a real need
Looking for some examples, the ones I found were for vbulletin 3.5 but if you have a link to them, I'd like to take a look to see if there's a better method than the one I did. Primarily I'm curious if there's a good way to set multiple options (ie height & width).

psuexv
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Looking for some examples, the ones I found were for vbulletin 3.5 but if you have a link to them, I'd like to take a look to see if there's a better method than the one I did. Primarily I'm curious if there's a good way to set multiple options (ie height & width).

I just googled image resize BBcode vbulletin and these were the ones that came up.

The posts look pretty old so not sure if they would help
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172024
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168044

Quick use of the search function turned up this for 3.6.x to resize images: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=image+bbcode
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=image+bbcode

psuexv
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I've added a quick & dirty method...

So it's the JB method :easy:

gschwendt
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
I just googled image resize BBcode vbulletin and these were the ones that came up.

The posts look pretty old so not sure if they would help
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172024
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168044

Quick use of the search function turned up this for 3.6.x to resize images: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=image+bbcode
Those all appear to resize images that are over a certain dimension... we already have that in place.

psuexv
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.newsalertstodays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/lens1844831_1232398393logo_Masters_Golf.jpg
Group 4-Pebble Beach - The Classic
http://www.newsalertstodays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/lens1844831_1232398393logo_Masters_Golf.jpg
Player|Round 1|Round 2|Total
Psuexv|69 (-3)|70 (-2)|139 (-5)
Psusnoop|68 (-4)|59 (-13)|127 (-17)
Steelerfan|75 (3)|82 (10)|157 (13)
Gigemaggs|0 (-72)|0 (-72)|0 (-144)

Seems to work... I just need to get my alignment down

psuexv
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Those all appear to resize images that are over a certain dimension... we already have that in place.

Ahh.. damnit

JBHuskers
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
So it's the JB method :easy:

:nod:

steelerfan
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
There are a couple of conference logo emoticons that need updating. :)

cdj
05-31-2011, 06:47 PM
There are a couple of conference logo emoticons that need updating. :)

We will creatively borrow them from EA once they update the DynastyWire site for NCAA 12. :)

steelerfan
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
We will creatively borrow them from EA once they update the DynastyWire site for NCAA 12. :)

:up: :easy:

Flav
05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
So is that a no for the Thank You post mod? :(

steelerfan
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Gotta say that the :easy: is the best add TGT has ever had (well, other than the moment I signed up). IIRC that was JHC's suggestion. Good job, brother!

JeffHCross
05-31-2011, 07:46 PM
IIRC that was JHC's suggestion. Good job, brother!I have my moments.

steelerfan
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
I had my moment.

Fixed.

:easy: :D

JBHuskers
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM

psuexv
05-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Well it is the most versatile emoticon :easy: