PDA

View Full Version : Your Custom Playbook Setup (Pure Speculation)

oweb26
04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
With the addition of Custom Playbooks let's hear some possible playbook setups. Now I know this is pure speculation at this point, but why not talk about it anyway.

I think I am going with A couple of Ace formations, Couple of Offsets, Pistol, and some Shotgun.

I loved the pistol in last years game, but I didn't like the entire playbooks, so now I can pick and choose.

Maybe I can call it the "Pistol Balanced Offense" :fp:

I ran across this article online so I figured it would give more insight possibly on the NCAA custom playbooks even though its referring to madden.

Jon Robinson: Custom playbooks have also finally been added to the game this year. How big can my playbook get?

Phil Frazier: You can have up to 400 plays and up to 75 individual sets in your custom playbook. You can also have up to eight custom playbooks saved. And with 400 plays, I don't think our fans and our community are going to have any problem filling out a playbook.

Jon Robinson: What's the coolest playbook you've created so far?

Phil Frazier: I'm a Redskins guy who has always been intrigued by the Wildcat. So I built a Wildcat playbook for the Redskins and tried it out. It didn't really work with their personnel, but it was still a lot of fun to give it a try. Mike is more of a competitive "Madden" gamer, so he is more likely to choose three or four plays for his playbook and call them all game long. He is that kind of guy.

Mike Scantlebury: I wouldn't say that I only run three or four plays the whole game. I'm more of a formation guy. I'm a 5-wide bunch guy and a guy who likes to have Full House in the same playbook. Usually you don't find those two formations in the same playbook. A lot of those teams who have multiple receiver shotgun formations are limited when it comes to running formations. So if I can create a playbook that has some strong running formations and pair them with some exotic 5-wide sets, that's awesome for me.

Jon Robinson: Again, though, this is something people have wanted for years. Why did it take so long to implement?

Phil Frazier: One of the important things to know is that when you're creating your custom playbook, you can pick literally any play in the game. Historically, we couldn't load up every play like that due to memory restrictions. So when you start to scroll through the playbooks and you start scrolling through the formations, you have every single play, every single formation from every single playbook in the game, and that's really what makes this feature a success.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6440846/madden-nfl-12-gameplay-qa?readmore=fullstory

So lets hear it fellas.

If this is already posted somewhere oops.

CLW
04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
This is REALLY going to be interesting.

I'll probably try to use a playbook of: 1/3 Spread Formations; 1/3 "Traditional" Formations (Standard I Form; Ace; etc...); 1/3 Power running and possibly Flexbone formations.

Basically, I'd like to create a playbook where I can literally run any type of offense depending on matchups and my personnell. Hopefully, the defense can also create custom playbooks so that a TRUE Chess Match can develop between OD coaches.

oweb26
04-28-2011, 03:04 PM
aww I didnt think about Defensive custom playbooks.

This is going to get interesting. I already have about three setups swirling through my head.

Dr Death
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
As I employ the 5- wide full time... I play 99% off-line dynasty, I will use some of Wyoming's 5- wide set, UTEP because they have 5- wide under center and shot-gun and some from SMU/Hawaii.

I will also have some 4- wide under center for running if/when I am up big late.

One defense, I love the 46, so I will combine Multiple D and 4-2-5, because they each have 46 schemes and I hate having to choose between one or the other.

oweb26
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I absolutely loved the 46 out of the multi d setup. The inside blitz ( I cant think of the exact name of the play) was an absolute beats with two good LB's. I have made plenty of Goal line stands with that play.

Is was pretty tame out of hte 4-2-5 and wasn't it in the 4-3 book also? As I never really ran the 4-3.

Solidice
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
going off the names from the formations in NCAA 11(and the ones we know will be in NCAA 12), mine will probably look something like:

Ace - Normal
Ace - Slots
Ace - Y-Trips
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Slot Flex
Pistol - Full House
Shotgun - Spread Flex
Shotgun - Spread Flex WK
Shotgun - 4WR Trio
Shotgun - 4WR Trio Str
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - Split Offset
Shotgun - Wing Offset
Shotgun - Normal Flex Wing
Shotgun - Normal
Shotgun - Ace
Shotgun - Wildcat Spread
Goalline
Special Teams

for Defense, I've been using the Multiple D most of my time with NCAA 11 and loved it. So it'll likely be similar to that. couple of 3-4 and 4-3 formations. I'll probably add the new 4-2-5 Okie and 3-4 Predator formations and try to fit in the 4-4 as well.

WolverineJay
04-28-2011, 04:57 PM
As I employ the 5- wide full time... I play 99% off-line dynasty, I will use some of Wyoming's 5- wide set, UTEP because they have 5- wide under center and shot-gun and some from SMU/Hawaii.

I read your post and immediately thought of my Golden "O" (simply 5 WR sets with runs by qb's and WR). In an NCAA 11 offline Dynasty, I used Missouri's playbook since it had the most 5 wide and empty sets.

This year with custom playbooks I will use the following playbook (based off of formations in NCAA 11):
Empty- Flex Trey, Trips
Shotgun -5WR, 5WR Bunch, 5WR Flex, 5WR Flex Trey, 5WR Flex Trio, 5WR Tight, 5WR Trey, 5WR Trey Flex, 5WR Trio, 5WR Trips, Bunch Quads, Empty Quads, Empty Spread, Empty Trey, Empty Trey Flex

I'm not sure how many duplicate plays, other than QB and WR runs, I will have in all those formations probably very few. I run a few different offensive styles in my different Dynasties, but my pass happy mind just loves the Golden "O", lol. I will add in a couple power running sets either from goal-line or from I-form to help with chewing the clock and with short yardage and goal-line situations.

Dr Death
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I read your post and immediately thought of my Golden "O" (simply 5 WR sets with runs by qb's and WR). In an NCAA 11 offline Dynasty, I used Missouri's playbook since it had the most 5 wide and empty sets.

This year with custom playbooks I will use the following playbook (based off of formations in NCAA 11):
Empty- Flex Trey, Trips
Shotgun -5WR, 5WR Bunch, 5WR Flex, 5WR Flex Trey, 5WR Flex Trio, 5WR Tight, 5WR Trey, 5WR Trey Flex, 5WR Trio, 5WR Trips, Bunch Quads, Empty Quads, Empty Spread, Empty Trey, Empty Trey Flex

I'm not sure how many duplicate plays, other than QB and WR runs, I will have in all those formations probably very few. I run a few different offensive styles in my different Dynasties, but my pass happy mind just loves the Golden "O", lol.

Offenses have all these fancy names... you have the West Coast, the Run & Shoot, the Air Raid... you have your Golden O... mine is simply called: Raider. The Raider offense is a combination of the R&S and Air Raid, w/ some West Coast principles in it. So why Raider? Because it was the 2002 Oakland Raiders and Rich Gannon that gave me the idea for this offense.

In week two that year, Oakland played at Pittsburgh and Gannon threw nearly every down... hitting 43 of 64 including 9 completions to Jerry Rice in the first quarter alone! That year, whenever Oakland went 5- wide... w/ guys like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Charlie Garner and Doug Jolley... Gannon was probably somewhere around 90% completion percentage.

They didn't go 5- wide that often, but when they did they were unstoppable. And so... my offense was born! The Raider Offense baby! :)

WolverineJay
04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Offenses have all these fancy names... you have the West Coast, the Run & Shoot, the Air Raid... you have your Golden O... mine is simply called: Raider. The Raider offense is a combination of the R&S and Air Raid, w/ some West Coast principles in it. So why Raider? Because it was the 2002 Oakland Raiders and Rich Gannon that gave me the idea for this offense.

In week two that year, Oakland played at Pittsburgh and Gannon threw nearly every down... hitting 43 of 64 including 9 completions to Jerry Rice in the first quarter alone! That year, whenever Oakland went 5- wide... w/ guys like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Charlie Garner and Doug Jolley... Gannon was probably somewhere around 90% completion percentage.

They didn't go 5- wide that often, but when they did they were unstoppable. And so... my offense was born! The Raider Offense baby! :)

Nice! I like hearing all the names people come up with for their offenses or defenses for that matter, it makes them feel more alive or personal.

I remember when I was younger I was absolutely fascinated with the R&S (Houston Gamblers, Univ. of Houston, Detroit Lions, and Houston Oilers), but the best football video game of the time Tecmo SuperBowl really failed to replicate the R&S in fact today's games do a pretty poor job as well of replicating the true R&S. I loved watching the old under center R&S more than the June Jones Red Gun but both utilize the same basic concepts so I can appreciate both. It seemed back in the day that Jim Kelly, Andre Ware, David Klingler, and Warren Moon could pick apart a defense with ease and constantly have them confused throughout the entire game with the passing game of the R&S and that was always entertaining to me. I remember that Steeler/Raider matchup and was just amazed how precise and unstoppable their passing attack was that game. Rich Gannon might have had a weak arm, but he was accurate and knew how to throw a catchable pass. Plus having that receiving corps sure made his job easier, even though Rice and Brown were older they still were top notch players at that time.

jaymo76
04-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I Pistol hybrid Hurry-up... now that sounds exciting.

AustinWolv
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I, Heavy Ace, Strong I, Shotgun

Keontez
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Flexbone is all I need. I'll probably just continue to run with Georgia Tech's playbook.

whitepony99
04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
We naming our playbooks now look out cause the Pony Express will employ shotgun 4 wide 99 percent of the time and some type of shotgun with a TE 1 percent of the time.

Defensively I dont know yet hopefully can get back to a mix of 4-3 and 3-4

Dr Death
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
We naming our playbooks now look out cause the Pony Express will employ shotgun 4 wide 99 percent of the time and some type of shotgun with a TE 1 percent of the time.

Defensively I dont know yet hopefully can get back to a mix of 4-3 and 3-4

Pony Express? Then you have to play as :SMU: :D

whitepony99
04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Pony Express? Then you have to play as :SMU: :D

Just the name of the offense in no way shape or form does this mean I will be playing as SMU lol.

But I cant rule them out Kyle Padron is a good QB

oweb26
04-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Solidice that seems like a Playbook set that is already in the game. Lol

The pistol hybrid setup seems very interesting, before my game broke I still owned all the rushing records just by running the pistil, though having a qb wwith a 95 speed and a 90 acceleration didn't hurt either.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jaymo76
04-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Run heavy offense with a big bruising fullback pounding the line... let's call it donkey punch lol :)

souljahbill
04-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know yet. I'll probably have the Pistol as my base and go from there.

baseballplyrmvp
04-30-2011, 02:52 PM
for all of my teambuilder teams in online dynasty.....my offense will be all 4 and 5 wr pistol sets, replicating hawaii's run and shoot.

defensively, i hope to include a lot of exotic looks. i pray that custom packages and at least a play editor will be in, but if they arent, i guess i'll get over it.

i'll probably go with the multiple base playbook with very few traditional looks from the 43/34. i wanna show the 44 look out of the 425 as well as the 353 stacked look from the 335. hopefully they bring back the 155 look, then i can formation sub a couple of safeties/cb's in, for situational 3rd down looks.

JeffHCross
04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
for all of my teambuilder teams in online dynasty.....my offense will be all 4 and 5 wr pistol sets, replicating hawaii's run and shoot.Sounds like that might just be Hawai'i's base playbook, hopefully.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/PistolSpreadRNSSwitchSmash.jpg

Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash – Hawaii’s run and shoot offense can now be run from the Pistol formation. The traditional staples such as RNS Switch Smash can now be found in the new Pistol Spread formation. Hawaii and SMU’s playbook also features the run and shoot version of Pistol 4WR Trips.

baseballplyrmvp
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
i sure hope so....i sent em an email last year before the 2010 season started that hawaii was switching to the "kiko". i doubt though, that they'll have our qb at the correct snap depth.

oweb26
04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't know yet. I'll probably have the Pistol as my base and go from there.

Ahhh a fellow pistoleer.

JeffHCross
04-30-2011, 04:37 PM
i doubt though, that they'll have our qb at the correct snap depth.Is there a difference between Pistol and "Kiko"?

baseballplyrmvp
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Is there a difference between Pistol and "Kiko"?

nevada's pistol combo of the qb/rb is set at 4 and 7 yards deep....hawaii's kiko is 5 and 8. lol on a list of importance though (1 being the highest), this is like 10 million and 53.

souljahbill
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Ahhh a fellow pistoleer.

I use Nevada's playbook in NCAA 11. It's good running system but it helps my passing a lot too.

oweb26
04-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Man i could never settle on either playbook Nevada or Indiana, I think I use ball state playbook the most, with Indiana's and Neveda being used equally, because it had more balance to it and some of the passing concepts in the pistol playbook were just terrible took entirely too long to develop. I do love the running concept though.

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Man i could never settle on either playbook Nevada or Indiana, I think I use ball state playbook the most, with Indiana's and Neveda being used equally, because it had more balance to it and some of the passing concepts in the pistol playbook were just terrible took entirely too long to develop. I do love the running concept though.

I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook. I was always a "Pro" style guy but I gave the pistol a chance last year out of pure curiosity. I still can't run the option out of the pistol but I have a handle on everything else.

oweb26
05-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Its Bern awhile since I stopped playing NCAA due to my disc breaking but I will upload some bids I know I saved it's actually pretty easy once u get the hang of it. I will upload to the pistol thread as to not clog this thread up with vids

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook. I was always a "Pro" style guy but I gave the pistol a chance last year out of pure curiosity. I still can't run the option out of the pistol but I have a handle on everything else.

I really struggle with running out of the Pistol. However, II usually recruit balanced QB's who are a tad slower. Maybe I would be more successful with a scrambler...

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I really struggle with running out of the Pistol. However, II usually recruit balanced QB's who are a tad slower. Maybe I would be more successful with a scrambler...

The Nevada playbook has more powers, counters, and draws then the generic pistol book so I have success running when the line actually blocks (bad blocking and piss poor coverage are the 2 things that upset me when playing).

As far as QBs go, even the scrambling QB's seem too slow to run the option. Well, it's not that they're slow. Their acceleration is slow, giving linemen time to make a play. I may look at athletes more in the future.

ram29jackson
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Run heavy offense with a big bruising fullback pounding the line... let's call it donkey punch lol :)

naaww lets not

JeffHCross
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook.Clearly you didn't look at TGT's NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?473-NCAA-Football-11-Playbook-Spreadsheet) ;)

Nevada, Indiana, Ohio and, of course, the Generic, are all Pistol playbooks. Lots of other teams have some Pistol, and I think a handful have more than just one.

oweb26
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Clearly you didn't look at TGT's NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?473-NCAA-Football-11-Playbook-Spreadsheet) ;)

Nevada, Indiana, Ohio and, of course, the Generic, are all Pistol playbooks. Lots of other teams have some Pistol, and I think a handful have more than just one.

Jeff speaks the truth I lived by that spreadsheet, are we going to get it again this year jeff? I don't remember who made the sheet last time.

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Clearly you didn't look at TGT's NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?473-NCAA-Football-11-Playbook-Spreadsheet) ;)

Nope, I sure didn't. :D

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Ohio St is multiple but their PISTOL (or do they call it Pony???) package is really good. I have considered using it as my base book for NCAA 12.

JeffHCross
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Jeff speaks the truth I lived by that spreadsheet, are we going to get it again this year jeff? I don't remember who made the sheet last time.Tommy made it. I would expect we'll be doing something similar this year.

oweb26
05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Lol I don't know anyone's goverment name so who is Tommy?

souljahbill
05-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Lol I don't know anyone's goverment name so who is Tommy?

gschwendt

PDuncanOSU
05-04-2011, 01:45 PM
I haven't played NCAA 11 in a while now, so I don't know or remember any specific formation names. My idea though, is to have a spread-option playbook w/ shotgun-flex and pistol formations all w/ 3 or 4 wide. I'd like to recruit power backs to play the normal HB position, and scat-backs w/ good hands (or receivers w/ good running skills) to put in the slot. I'll look to run a lot of triple-option w/ the slot guys coming in motion. Basically a flexbone type triple-option attack, but out of the shotgun/pistol where it is easier to pass when I need to. Also like some of the wildcat stuff in Mississippi State's playbook last year, so I'll probably add those as well to use as a change-up and to chew the clock. I used the Bulldog Heavy formation pretty successfully last year for short yardage plays.

oweb26
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Guys I will hopefully get a mod to change the name of this thread once the game comes out and then everyone will be able to "truly" post their custom playbooks and show the evolution of those playbooks. I think it will get pretty interesting.

Schauwn
05-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I haven't played NCAA 11 in a while now, so I don't know or remember any specific formation names. My idea though, is to have a spread-option playbook w/ shotgun-flex and pistol formations all w/ 3 or 4 wide. I'd like to recruit power backs to play the normal HB position, and scat-backs w/ good hands (or receivers w/ good running skills) to put in the slot. I'll look to run a lot of triple-option w/ the slot guys coming in motion. Basically a flexbone type triple-option attack, but out of the shotgun/pistol where it is easier to pass when I need to. Also like some of the wildcat stuff in Mississippi State's playbook last year, so I'll probably add those as well to use as a change-up and to chew the clock. I used the Bulldog Heavy formation pretty successfully last year for short yardage plays.

+1 to exactly doing this.

johntom2000
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I really don't know where to start to be honest with mine LOL. I will have to go back and look for plays I liked in ncaa 11 and write the play names and formations to just get the tip of the iceburg on mine. They was so many formations and plays I like but, they will dink and dunked in different playbooks. It was hard to settle on just one. Now we don't have that to worry about! :)) :clap: I can't wait!!!! :nod:

johntom2000
05-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I will probably go with alot of shallow cross (X,Y,Z) stuff out of the shotgun. Mixed in with alot of short route passing routes to the slots and dump offs to the RB's and heavy running. Again I will have to go back to my playbook notes from 11 and look at what formations I looked for thoughout the year. Mostly I used Houston, mutiple, TT, FSU, and Run Balance (the one that had the wide Power I)

oweb26
05-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't know if it sad or not that I am already trying to think of a system I want to use to run my offense. Man I should be doing some work.

johntom2000
05-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't know if it sad or not that I am already trying to think of a system I want to use to run my offense. Man I should be doing some work.

Here your a site that I posted on this thread that has idea's of offense systems to run/make in NCAA 12.

Click here to go to my thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2172-Custom-playbook-by-offense-system.-Who-doing-it&p=57645#post57645)

Koach Vonner
05-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm so excited about the possibility to due custom playbooks. :))
I guess my offensive playbook will be wide open. I am thinking since I am a spread guy that I will have:

Multiple Sets from the Shotgun:
5 Wide
Bunch
Trips
2 Back (for running)
Pistol
Wildcat
Doubles (2x2)

Then for those short yardage and eating clock games:
Power I
Ace
Wishbone
Flexbone

Defensively I want guys to have to try and play a chess match with me. I would love to incorporate formations out of the 4-2-5 Playbook. These can be really big against pass heavy teams when using it right. I am also a fan of the odd stack (3-3-5). We run a lot of these fronts where i coach. Its great against the run. Every Gap is accounted for.

:nod:

oweb26
05-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Can a Mod change the name of the thread to Custom Playbooks and Custom Schemes (or something to that extent) in an effort to keep numerous threads from popping up all about custom playbooks. Or can we get a centralized thread on custom playbooks either way. There is no need for tons of threads all relating to custom playbooks.

irishfbfan1
05-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Lot of sb undercenter sets for me, especially sb trio. For my 2 back sets I really liked the weak close from miami book as well as the I Form close from the Arkansas as well as some others. To compress everything it would probably look like this for

ACE BIG
SB TRIO
SB BUNCH
SB SPREAD
SB DOUBLES

I FORM PRO
I FORM TWINS
STRONG CLOSE (Only if I get a freaking counter to go with off tackle) doesn't matter this set is one of my favorite undercenter pass formations
WEAK CLOSE
I FORM CLOSE
I FORM CLOSE TWINS

SG Y TRIPS
SG SPREAD
SG TRIO

Thats really too much Shotgun for me lol

STATUS 2 BLACK
06-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Mine is going to be called The Kitchen Cabinet cuz it will be a mixture of different seasonings and spices :) For Ace i will have 4wr trips,bunch,bunch swap, double flex, bunch base, wing trio and Tackle over. I will have the Maryland I. I will run Goaline Heavy alot with a dt. I form normal, H tight, Tackle over, and Ytrips. I will have maybe one pistol formation to get the other team panicked or confused every once in a while. Too many too count but i will run goofy looking shotgun formation usually. Also i will run alot of weak i.
My D is called 1944 cuz i will 95% of the time run 4-4d.

oweb26
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Mine is going to be called The Kitchen Cabinet cuz it will be a mixture of different seasonings and spices :) For Ace i will have 4wr trips,bunch,bunch swap, double flex, bunch base, wing trio and Tackle over. I will have the Maryland I. I will run Goaline Heavy alot with a dt. I form normal, H tight, Tackle over, and Ytrips. I will have maybe one pistol formation to get the other team panicked or confused every once in a while. Too many too count but i will run goofy looking shotgun formation usually. Also i will run alot of weak i.
My D is called 1944 cuz i will 95% of the time run 4-4d.

Its been awhile since I have played NCAA, isnt that a offensive play?? Why is the Dt in the game. :smh::rolleyes:

gschwendt
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
In my mind, my playbook will have a lot of 22 personnel, under center, pistol, and shotgun. After that, I'll probably add some H-Back formations and some Shotgun with offset HB formations.

illwill10
06-16-2011, 09:23 AM
My playbook will insist of a Run-Heavy Pro-Style offense. I will also have run-heavy formations. I will Run 65+%.

morsdraconis
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
My playbook will start out as a 4-5 WR Shotgun Air Raid offense (that throws the ball 65% or more) and will be altered at each step of the way as I progress through my two drastically different dynasties that I plan on doing (TB dynasty with Saint Augustus will probably stick to the 4-5 WR setup for the most part until I decide to go differently - my dynasty where I start at a shitty :1star: school as a DC and work my way up the ladder will be different because I won't be running an offense at all for the first 7-8 seasons, but, once I do get a HC job, I will definitely be implementing the 4-5 WR Shotgun Air Raid offense and the personnel of the schools offering me a HC job will probably greatly effect my decision of where to go so that I have the best chance of implementing said offense).

Keontez
06-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll continue to run the Flexbone, my custom playbook will probably fleshout defensively, depending on what exactly they added to the 4-2-5.

irishfbfan1
06-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Defensively KEONTEZ and GARY PATTERSON LOL, both have me intrigued with the 4-2-5. I will be running what U would call a Multiple 40 Defense whuch would include

4-4 for heavy sets
4-3 normal cover 2 Buc (Tampa 2) as my base
4-2-5 for my Nickel look for multiple wr packages

The above would be my core

morsdraconis
06-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Man, I'm really gonna have to think about my defensive playbook. I haven't given my custom defensive playbook really all that much thought, besides the fact that I'd really like to stick with the 3-4 defense and it's variations.

johntom2000
06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
A little too much. I will probably shave it down a bit to get more plays. Mostly for shotgun I will use every formatioin has a offset HB so I can put the dive in my playbook. What do you all think? Of course I will using my huskers!

Ace - Big
Ace - Big Twins
Ace - Jumbo Z
Ace - Jumbo Heavy
Shotgun - Spread Flex
Shotgun - Split Twins
Shotgun - Split Slot
Shotgun - Split Offset
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - 5WR Trey
Shotgun - Trips Open
Shotgun - Tight
Shotgun - Trips TE
Shotgun - Twin TE Flex
Shotgun - Twin TE
Shotgun - Bunch Quads
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twins Flex
I-Form - Y-Trips
I-Form - Tackle Over
Pistol - Slot
Pistol - Weak Slot
Pistol - Full House Diamond
Strong I - Tight
Strong I - Normal
Strong I - Close
Strong I - Y-Trips
Weak I - Close Twins
Flexbone - Normal
Wishbone - Wide
Wishbone - Tight
Power I - Weak
Power I - Normal

souljahbill
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Until I have the game and able to explore the books, I don't know what formations I'll run. All I know is my offense will be the Pistol again and my defense will be multiple with no 3 lineman formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oweb26
06-20-2011, 10:47 AM
A little too much. I will probably shave it down a bit to get more plays. Mostly for shotgun I will use every formatioin has a offset HB so I can put the dive in my playbook. What do you all think? Of course I will using my huskers!

Thats a huge playbook. Did you miss anything? LOL.

Until I have the game and able to explore the books, I don't know what formations I'll run. All I know is my offense will be the Pistol again and my defense will be multiple with no 3 lineman formations.

Ahh another pistoleer. That will more than likely be my base offense (the screens out the pistol are just beautiful), I am thinking of putting some Strong and weak I in the mix, as well has having the 3-4 as my base with some 4-3 concepts. I cant really say for certain what exact plays I will run but thats why I like OD because I can recruit to my hybrid offense and defense and not have to be forced into a situation where I cannot run what I want due to lack of position players.

johntom2000
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Thats a huge playbook. Did you miss anything? LOL.

LOL Nah I don't think. I will most likey shave off alot of them formations to be able to add more plays and get down to the formations I really like.

PDuncanOSU
06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Ahh another pistoleer. That will more than likely be my base offense (the screens out the pistol are just beautiful), I am thinking of putting some Strong and weak I in the mix, as well has having the 3-4 as my base with some 4-3 concepts. I cant really say for certain what exact plays I will run but thats why I like OD because I can recruit to my hybrid offense and defense and not have to be forced into a situation where I cannot run what I want due to lack of position players.

Sounds like we are looking to have similar playbooks on both offense and defense. I like that I can adapt the pistol to the personel that I have available. My aim will be to run a spread-option out of the pistol, but if I get a great pro-style quarterback I won't have to completely scrap the playbook.
I also like to have a hybrid defense, starting w/ a 3-4 base. I look for recruits who can fit a DE/OLB spot so I can use 3-4 and 4-3 formations as well as hybrid S/LB players who I can put at nickelback, the second safety in a 4-2-5, or OLB in base sets. This allows me to give the offense a lot of different looks, but with basically the same personel.

smace767
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
One of my offenses.

Mich St base Pro style

The formations are not as important as the philosophy. There are things im trying to do and 29 of the 35 formations do just that.

24 variations of the I, 3 more fullback formations and 2 primary shotgun run formations. 2 under center passing formations and 4 shotgun passing formations but only 2 without any running backs. The playbook will have some QB option but it will depend on the QB. pocket passer will trade hand offs for the option plays and mobile qb's will run option.

Empty - Flex Trey
Empty - Trips
Far - Pro
I-Form - Big
I-Form - Close Twins
I-Form - H Pro
I-Form - Slot
I-Form - Slot Flex
I-Form - Tackle Over
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twin TE
I-Form - Twin WR
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Twins Flex
I-Form - Y-Trips
Jumbo T - Big
Maryland I - Heavy
Maryland I - Wide
Shotgun - Big Flip
Shotgun - Bunch
Shotgun - Bunch HB Str
Shotgun - Bunch Quads
Shotgun - Empty Wing Trio
Shotgun - Flanker Close
Shotgun - Heavy
Strong I - Close
Strong I - Normal
Strong I - Slot
Strong I - Tight
Strong I - Twin TE
Strong I - Twins
Strong I - Twins Flex
Strong I - Twins Over
Weak - H Twins
Weak I - Close Twins

Looks like a lot but its really 29 lead blocking formations. Some will have only a few plays ran from them. Same concept with different player packages.

Base attack design is to ID man/ zone, pressure OLB, DE to hold edge / contain, attack safeties. overload strong side on runs, flood weak side zones on passes.

Recruit philosophy= Will stick with my base plan ive always used. But i will make FB and blocking TE a priority. I might also test looking for a big physical agile oline recruit with great acceleration to move to FB /TE.

johntom2000
06-22-2011, 12:00 PM
One of my offenses.

Mich St base Pro style

The formations are not as important as the philosophy. There are things im trying to do and 29 of the 35 formations do just that.

24 variations of the I, 3 more fullback formations and 2 primary shotgun run formations. 2 under center passing formations and 4 shotgun passing formations but only 2 without any running backs. The playbook will have some QB option but it will depend on the QB. pocket passer will trade hand offs for the option plays and mobile qb's will run option.

Empty - Flex Trey
Empty - Trips
Far - Pro
I-Form - Big
I-Form - Close Twins
I-Form - H Pro
I-Form - Slot
I-Form - Slot Flex
I-Form - Tackle Over
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twin TE
I-Form - Twin WR
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Twins Flex
I-Form - Y-Trips
Jumbo T - Big
Maryland I - Heavy
Maryland I - Wide
Shotgun - Big Flip
Shotgun - Bunch
Shotgun - Bunch HB Str
Shotgun - Bunch Quads
Shotgun - Empty Wing Trio
Shotgun - Flanker Close
Shotgun - Heavy
Strong I - Close
Strong I - Normal
Strong I - Slot
Strong I - Tight
Strong I - Twin TE
Strong I - Twins
Strong I - Twins Flex
Strong I - Twins Over
Weak - H Twins
Weak I - Close Twins

Looks like a lot but its really 29 lead blocking formations. Some will have only a few plays ran from them. Same concept with different player packages.

Base attack design is to ID man/ zone, pressure OLB, DE to hold edge / contain, attack safeties. overload strong side on runs, flood weak side zones on passes.

Recruit philosophy= Will stick with my base plan ive always used. But i will make FB and blocking TE a priority. I might also test looking for a big physical agile oline recruit with great acceleration to move to FB /TE.

I put my playbook on here and on OS. An the funny thing is that OS posters told me that was cheese aka "unrealistic". While some agreed with me its a "power running" playbooks with FB and dual TE formatins. Me and You think alike on our playbooks. Go check out mine. :)

lilheavy
06-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Its been awhile since I have played NCAA, isnt that a offensive play?? Why is the Dt in the game. :smh::rolleyes:

I believe there is a formation sub called "Miami" that puts the DT in at either FB or TE.

baseballplyrmvp
06-25-2011, 11:58 AM
I believe there is a formation sub called "Miami" that puts the DT in at either FB or TE.

alabama probably has it too....i remember seeing mount cody line up at fullback a couple of times in their goalline package.

th3 last tiger
06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow with custom playbooks I will have to create quite a few playbooks for the "systems" i run.

Dana Holgerson Air Raid- typical shotgun air raid with pistol full house, and a few other pistol formation to create a vertical PA passing game.(Oklahoma state and WVU)

Ken O'keefe pro style- Base look of two TE's with only inside and outside zone as running plays, then add unbalanced formations to gain leverage.(Iowa)

David Yost Spread- Purely shotgun passing game with emphasis on empty looks and trips. (Missouri)

Others I will try to create will be Paul Christ's Wisconsin Power running game, and Chip Kelly's spread offense.

johntom2000
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Finally came up with a new for my playbook. "Power Spread" :)
Ace - Big

Ace - Big Twins

Ace - Jumbo Z

Ace - Jumbo Heavy

(Basically any SG formation that has the "Flex" look and HB dive in it)

Shotgun - Spread Flex

Shotgun - Split Twins

Shotgun - Split Slot

Shotgun - Split Offset

Shotgun - Slot F Wing

Shotgun - 5WR Trey

Shotgun - Trips Open

Shotgun - Tight

Shotgun - Trips TE

Shotgun - Twin TE Flex

Shotgun - Twin TE

Shotgun - Bunch Quads

I-Form - Normal

I-Form - Tight

I-Form - Twins Flex

I-Form - Y-Trips

I-Form - Tackle Over

Pistol - Slot

Pistol - Weak Slot

Strong I - Tight

Strong I - Normal

Strong I - Close

Strong I - Y-Trips

Weak I - Close Twins

Flexbone - Normal

Wishbone - Wide

Wishbone - Tight

Power I - Weak

Power I - Normal

RTCVT
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I am going to go with a spread pistol/gun offense

Pistol
4WR Trio
4WR Trips
Slot
Slot Flex
Spread
Spread Flex
Full House
Strong Slot
Trips Open
Train

Shotgun
Empty Quads
Normal Flex Wing
Slot F Wing
Split Offset
Wing Offset
Wing Offset Wk
Wildcat Spread

This will give me some flexibility as well for if I can't find a QB with good speed and acc, as I can use the power running aspect without needing the options and QB runs

illwill10
07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Run-Heavy ProStyle/Mutiple Playbook.
Ace
Big TE Flip
Big Twins
Big Wing
Bunch Base
Bunch Swap
Jumbo
Jumbo Heavy
Jumbo Z
Tackle Over
Tight Double on

Far
Pro

Full House
Normal Wide

I-form
Tackle Over
Twin TE Strong

Maryland I
Heavy
Wide

Pistol
Bunch
Full House
H Twins
Jumbo Z
Train
Twin TE

Power I
Strong Tight

Shotgun
Emory Henry
Gator Heavy
N. Flex Wing
Slot F Wing
Wing Offset
Wing Offset Wk

Split Back
Normal
Pro

Wishbone
Normal
Tight
Wide

JeffHCross
07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Boston College + Louisiana Tech

Ace
Big
Big Twins
Bunch Base
F Pair Twins
F Wing Trips
Slot
Slot Flex
Tackle Over
Tight
Twin TE
Y-Trips

Shotgun
Double Flex
Normal
Normal Flex Wk
Normal HB Wk
Normal Y-Flex
Normal Y-Slot

Plus some I-Form, haven't figured out which, just for the times I need two-back running.

SpreadOption
07-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I-Form-Slot * * * * * * * * * * **
Wishbone -Wide
Pistol -Cross
** * * * * *-Spread
** * * * * *-Trips
Flexbone-Normal
** * * * * * * * *-Close
** * * * * * * * *-Twins Over
** * * * * * * * *-Wing Trips
** * * * * * * * -Split X
** * * * * * * * -Tackle Over
** * * * * * * * -Trips Left*
** * * * * * * * -Trips Right
** * * * * * * * -Slot Left
** * * * * * * * -Slot Right

SG-Split Close*
** * *-Split Offset*
** * *-Split normal
** * *-Split Slot
** * *-Split Twins
** * *-Slot F Wing
** * *-Normal Flex Wing
** * *-Wing Offset
** * *-Wing Offset Wk
** * *-Tight
** * *-Spread*
** * *-Spread Flex
** * *-4 wr trips or (trio str)
** * *-4 wr trips open or (trio)** **
** * *-Gator Heavy
** * *-Wild Cyclone
-Empty Base * * * * * * * * * *16

29-31 *formations

A heavy spreadoption base with RnS or Airraid passing game

ThaShark316
07-04-2011, 08:52 AM
I got 37 formations but I might have to make a cut or 2...

I call it the Run Heavy Spread:

Shotgun - Heavy
Shotgun - Short Snap
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - Normal
Shotgun - Wildcat
Shotgun - Wing Offset
Shotgun - Wing Offset Wk
Shotgun - Spread Flex
Shotgun - 4WR Trio Str
Shotgun - 4WR Trio
Shotgun - 5WR
Shotgun - 5WR Flex
Shotgun - 5WR Bunch
Shotgun - Empty Quads
Shotgun - Bunch Quads
Shotgun - Quads Trio
Shotgun - Empty Trey
Shotgun - Empty Ace
Ace - Big
Ace - Tackle Over
Ace - Y-Trips
Ace - Bunch Base
Pistol - Cross
Pistol - Bunch
Pistol - Train
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Close
I-Form - Twin TE
I-Form - Tackle Over
I-Form - Tight
Strong I - Normal
Strong I - Close
Strong I - Twins Over
Strong I - Tight
Weak I - Close

I wanted more pistol so I'm still struggling with THAT part. If Pistol - Bunch doesn't have read option, it becomes really useless.

oweb26
07-04-2011, 09:16 AM
What is Pistol-Train? Is that one of the new ones?

ThaShark316
07-04-2011, 09:48 AM
What is Pistol-Train? Is that one of the new ones?

Yup. They called Pistol - Full House (aka diamond) "Cross" for a while too...

Solidice
07-04-2011, 11:09 AM
what I'm currently planning on using:

Offense:
Ace - Big
Ace - Slots
Ace - Y-Trips
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Slot Flex
Pistol - Full house
Shotgun - Spread Flex
Shotgun - Spread Flex WK
Shotgun - 4WR Trio
Shotgun - 4WR Trio Str
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - Short Snap
Shotgun - Split Offset
Shotgun - Wing Offset
Shotgun - Wing Offset Wk
Shotgun - Normal
Shotgun - Ace
Shotgun - Wildcat Spread
Goal line
Hail Mary
Special Teams

possible
Strong I - Normal
Weak I - Normal
Shotgun - Heavy
Shotgun - Ace twins
Shotgun - Wildcat

Defense: based on Multiple D playbook
3-4 - Normal
3-4 - Solid
3-4 - Predator
4-3 - Normal
4-3 - OVer
4-4 - Split
4-2-5 - Normal
4-2-5 - Okie
4-2-5 - Under Slide
Nickel - Normal
Nickel - 2-4-5
Dime - Normal
Dime - 3-2-6
Quarters - Normal
Quarters - 3 deep
Goal Line
Special Teams

possible
46 - Normal
46 - Bear
5-2 Normal
Nickel - Strong
Nickel - 3-3-5

souljahbill
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Now that the demo has shown me how bad I am at passing, I'm going to be a lot more run focused then usual.

FoleyLions
07-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Mine will look like this.

Ace
Normal
Tackle Over
Y-Trips

I-Form
Slot
Slot Flex

Pistol
Full House
Slot
Slot Flex
H Twins
Y-Trips
Spread
4WR Trio

Shotgun
Normal
Normal Flex
Normal Flex Wing
Short Snap
Split Offset
Spread
Wildcat
Wildcat Spread
Wildcat Tiger Trey
Wing Offset
Wing Offset Wk
4WR Trio
4WR Trio Str
5WR HB

Strong I
Slot

Weak I
Slot

Every formation will have 1HB, 1TE, 3WR. In Formations where there is a FB the TE will take its place and when there is a 4WR formation the TE will take the place of the 4WR. Goal is to have a offense that is spread out and balanced between run/pass. Its a cross of Malzahn's misdirection and Oregon's Triple Option they used in the BCSNG.

oweb26
07-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Mine will look like this.

Ace
Normal
Tackle Over
Y-Trips

I-Form
Slot
Slot Flex 008888523840

Pistol
Full House
Slot
Slot Flex
H Twins
Y-Trips
Spread
4WR Trio

Shotgun
Normal
Normal Flex
Normal Flex Wing
Short Snap
Split Offset
Spread
Wildcat
Wildcat Spread
Wildcat Tiger Trey
Wing Offset
Wing Offset Wk
4WR Trio
4WR Trio Str
5WR HB

Strong I
Slot

Weak I
Slot

Every formation will have 1HB, 1TE, 3WR. In Formations where there is a FB the TE will take its place and when there is a 4WR formation the TE will take the place of the 4WR. Goal is to have a offense that is spread out and balanced between run/pass. Its a cross of Malzahn's misdirection and Oregon's Triple Option they used in the BCSNG.

What's funny about thst I'd judt the BCSNG a user in my od had two beastly DTs and that absolutely stopped my inside running game just like the NG.

gschwendt
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
With the unique Wildcats being hidden, I'm thinking more that I'll convert a standard formation into a wildcat. Basically take something like Shotgun - Slot F Wing and sub in a WR or HB to take the snaps and run it.

imalive1459
07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
With the unique Wildcats being hidden, I'm thinking more that I'll convert a standard formation into a wildcat. Basically take something like Shotgun - Slot F Wing and sub in a WR or HB to take the snaps and run it.

I was sorta bummed out about this. That's what I ran in 2011. Hard to find a running back who can throw a little and it's hard to find a QB that runs like a running back. I used the Miss St playbook and tried to emulate a single wing offense the best I could.

Off topic: I did notice that in the wildcat formations, if you ran a power fake and waited until the playclock was at two or three seconds, it would snap the ball without the auto motion and made for a really nice power run.

Anyways, maybe the hidden formations could be unlocked via a patch?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Solidice
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
my offensive playbook is mostly set now.

Style - Air Raid
Formations: 22/40
Plays: 369/373

Ace - Big (10 runs, 8 passes)
Ace - Normal (6 runs, 9 passes)
Ace - Y-Trips (6 runs, 9 passes)
I Form - Normal (10 runs, 8 passes)
I Form - Slot Flex (4 runs, 5 passes)
Pistol - Full House (4 runs, 5 passes)
Pistol - Train (9 runs, 6 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trey (3 runs, 6 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trio (6 runs, 18 passes)
Shotgun - 4WR Trio Str (5 runs, 13 passes)
Shotgun - Ace (7 runs, 8 passes)
Shotgun - Normal (10 runs, 17 passes)
Shotgun - Normal Flex Wing (10 runs, 8 passes)
Shotgun - Normal Y-Flex (5 runs, 16 passes)
Shotgun - Slot F Wing (7 runs, 11 passes)
Shotgun - Split Offset (10 runs, 11 passes)
Shotgun - Spread Flex (5 runs, 19 passes)
Shotgun - Wildcat (5 runs, 1 pass)
Shotgun - Wildcat Spread (4 runs, 2 passes)
Shotgun - Wing Offset (11 runs, 7 passes)
Shotgun - Wing Offset Wk (7 runs, 5 passes)

Shotgun - Wild Raider(aka Wild Panther) is also automatically in. I think it has 5 runs 1 pass.

johntom2000
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey solidice, I got this from Utopia, Can you explain what 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 one is. I think setup with be great for florida. Which I run with online.

Okay your 6 main concepts are:
Mesh
Shallow Series, Y, X, Z, and H
Smash
Corner Y, X, and Z
4 Verts
Stick
Leach and his Disciples use the Shallow Cross series as a base. So you should too.

Y is the more common, but the point of the Raid is to run the same concepts with different LOOKS (includes different receivers run the base routes.) Thus, Z, X, and H are used in the mix.

Leach used a base play script of
1. Y Shallow
2. H Shallow
3. X Shallow
4. Z Shallow

The QB would call the base, come out and read the D, Safeties down. He would audible based on his reads. You can watch several hours of footage from his days at TTU and you will see him run the Cross Series 5-6 times in a row, then go over the top when the defense cheats up.

So lets say I have 10 formations in my CPB.
Form A. (3,1,1 personnel 2x2)
Y Stick
Shallow Y, Z, and H
Y Corner
Mesh
Smash
4 Verts
Jailbreak
HB Dive, Power O, Sweep, Counter, Draw
2-3 PAs off the runs

Form B. (4,1 personnel 2x2 normal)
Same plays as Form A.

Form C. (4,1 personnel, weak flex, HB Wk)
H Stick
Shallow, H and X
X Corner
Smash
4 Verts
Mesh
Bubble
Run series

Form D. (3,1,1 personnel, strong flex, HB WK)
Same as Form C.

Form E (3,1,1 personnel, Strong Trips)
Stick
Smash
4 Verts
Shallow Y, Z, and X
Mesh
Double Post
Jailbreak
Run Series

Form F (3, 2 personnel, Strong flex)
Same set as Form E

Form G (4,1 personnel, weak trips)
Form E

Form H (4,1 Personnel, Strong Trips)
Form E

Form I (4,1 Personnel, Outside Flex 2x2)
Form A

Form J (4 wide, 1 TE or 5 wide personnel, if you can find the package, 3,1,1 personnel that will piss off someone not prepared for what they face.)
Form E

So 10 Formations that Changes personnel and different flexs and alignments with the same base plays in each set.

thanks,

john

bogeyexpress
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM

Ace - Big
Ace - Big Twins
Ace - Jumbo Z
Ace - Jumbo Heavy
Shotgun - Spread Flex
Shotgun - Split Twins
Shotgun - Split Slot
Shotgun - Split Offset
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - 5WR Trey
Shotgun - Trips Open
Shotgun - Tight
Shotgun - Trips TE
Shotgun - Twin TE Flex
Shotgun - Twin TE
Shotgun - Bunch Quads
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twins Flex
I-Form - Y-Trips
I-Form - Tackle Over
Pistol - Slot
Pistol - Weak Slot
Strong I - Tight
Strong I - Normal
Strong I - Close
Strong I - Y-Trips
Weak I - Close Twins
Flexbone - Normal
Wishbone - Wide
Wishbone - Tight
Power I - Weak
Power I - Normal

WOW!! I would never get through all of that with the play clock, but that is an impressive array to choose from.

bogeyexpress
07-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Hey solidice, I got this from Utopia, Can you explain what 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 one is. I think setup with be great for florida. Which I run with online.

john,

I also saw this over there and the 2x2 3x1x1, etc is the makeup of the receiving and running corps.

2x2 = would be like a QUADS or 2 receivers on each side of the OL. So if it says 3,1,1 personnel 2x2 that would be 3WR, 1 TE, 1 RB in QUADS.
4,1 = 4 WR 1 RB and then you would say 2x2 (Quads) or Trips, Flex, Weak Trips, etc.

I hope that makes sense.

johntom2000
07-18-2011, 07:54 AM
john,

I also saw this over there and the 2x2 3x1x1, etc is the makeup of the receiving and running corps.

2x2 = would be like a QUADS or 2 receivers on each side of the OL. So if it says 3,1,1 personnel 2x2 that would be 3WR, 1 TE, 1 RB in QUADS.
4,1 = 4 WR 1 RB and then you would say 2x2 (Quads) or Trips, Flex, Weak Trips, etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Ya it makes sense now, thanks for the help. So, I just pick my favorite shotgun formations and plug in the plays that is talked about above? You think a man can run with a playbook like this?

blkkrptnt819
07-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I put my playbook on here and on OS. An the funny thing is that OS posters told me that was cheese aka "unrealistic". While some agreed with me its a "power running" playbooks with FB and dual TE formatins. Me and You think alike on our playbooks. Go check out mine. :)

I agreed with u on OS. :-)

Scott
07-30-2011, 03:42 PM
can anybody recommend a good playbook for Texas?

gigemaggs99
07-30-2011, 04:09 PM
can anybody recommend a good playbook for Texas?

Do you mean for their current personnel? Or you play-style or both?

I would assume that texas would pretty much work with any PB since they have such a strong recruiting background. Even if you started with your own CPB it wouldn't take long to get the right people for the right spots.

Scott
07-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Do you mean for their current personnel? Or you play-style or both?

I would assume that texas would pretty much work with any PB since they have such a strong recruiting background. Even if you started with your own CPB it wouldn't take long to get the right people for the right spots.

Sorry, with current personnel.