PDA

View Full Version : Mexico All-Inclusive

Kwizzy
06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
The girlfriend & I just got back from a 5 night all-inclusive in Puerto Morales (just south of Cancun)... All I can say is WOW! If you haven't been, I highly recommend checking it out.

We booked through Expedia in January & got 5 nights all-inclusive, ocean view room, round trip plane tickets with 1 stop in Dallas, & rides to and from the airport for $680 per person. The resort we stayed at was called the H10 Oceal Coral & Turquesa & it was really nice. It had 6 restaurants, 4 pools, 6 bars & a nice beach.

The only knocks I have were that the 2nd largest reef in the world is located a couple hundred yards offshore of Puerto Morelos so the beaches were not as nice as the typical Cancun/Riviera Maya white sand beach. It would've been great if you're into snorkling but I would probably go to Cancun or Playa del Carmen if I went back. Also, the food was just ok. If you went in expecting 5 star restaurants you would be disappointed but I thought it was about what I expected.

Anyone else been down there? Curious to hear your stories.

UGA14
06-02-2010, 01:24 PM
You made it out alive? I know the beaches are wonderful and I've wanted to go for a while, but there's so much going on there that I'm just really against visiting.

omahavan
06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
As kwizzy already knows, I just got back from my honeymoon about 2 weeks ago. My wife and I went to Playa Mujeres, which is just north of Cancun. We stayed at the Excellence resort which was just absolutely amazing. It is a 5 star all inclusive resort, had the white beaches, 5 star restaurants, a bar within about 30 steps no matter where you were, waitors/waitresses around the pool and beach getting you food and drinks, a 5 star spa, pools connecting the entire resort, around the clock room service, free mini bar with snacks, cheapest rooms all had a good view and a jacuzzi, really pretty much anything you can thing of. I mean they literally thought of it all, but we also spent a lot more...if anyone is willing to spend the money on something special such as a honeymoon or anniversary, I recommend this place to everyone...otherwise, I would go with kwizzy's recommendation of somewhere in Cancun/Rivera Maya area. You can still get some really great deals there, you'll get the white beach and there are plenty of reasonable all-inclusives along the strip even.

But I decided to post more in response to UGA14's post: I've been to Mexico 3 times, Honeymoon (Playa Mujeres), Spring Break (Cancun) and a mission trip in high school (Basconcobe). I won't speak of Basconcobe, but as for the Cancun area...Trust me, of the two times I've been, I haven't even seen anything out of the ordinary and have never been scared. I heard countless times before we left both times people say stuff about "with how much stuff is going on, I wouldn't go". Everything down there is so extremely Americanized, there are no troubles. Everyone seems to forget that Mexico is a large country, there are good parts and bad parts...just like the US. 90% of the violence and rep Mexico is getting is along the border cities (Juarez in particular). Cancun is a long ways away from that and if you stay on the resort, it is even more Americanized than the city. I wouldn't lump all of the country into what is happening in Juarez. That'd be like never going to Sacramento because Watts is also in California (maybe an extreme example, but then again maybe not, Watts and Juarez might be comparable, but Sacramento and Cancun....not so much). Cancun is beautiful, there is some amazing beach, and some very cool reef if you scuba or snorkel. In conclusion, I recommend going if you've never been as well.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
If .... BIG IF .... I ever get married, I would lean towards something like this. One of my good friends got married last year and had the wedding itself down there.

Kwizzy
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
If .... BIG IF .... I ever get married, I would lean towards something like this. One of my good friends got married last year and had the wedding itself down there.

Yeah we saw quite a few people walking around in the hotel & the airport with wedding dresses & whatnot. Seems like as good a place as any for a wedding if you didn't wanna do the traditional thing. Definitely a good place for the honeymoon, like omahavan said, it's really Americanized down there so communication is definitely NOT an issue for the most part.

Rudy
06-03-2010, 03:54 PM
That sounds like a great deal for that trip to Mexico. Personally I think weddings abroad are a bit selfish if the couple expects all their invited guests to go. A lot of people don't have that kind of money to fly somewhere just to witness a wedding.