PDA

View Full Version : For NCAA 12, my team is.. ?

jaymo76
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
If you're like me, every single year I start a dynasty with a new team. Yes, Arizona St. is MY team but in all my NCAA years I have only started a dynasty with them twice (06 on PS2 and 11 on PS3). Just looking at the past handful of years I have been all over the map.

05... Michigan St.
06... Arizona St.
07... Virginia
08... Idaho
09... Utep
10... Simon Fraser U (teambuilder Cdn team from the CIS)
11... Arizona St.

In several of these dynasties I have switched schools after 4-5 years (USF, Washington St., Cal, etc.) but for the most part the majority of my gaming is from my first school.

This year I have no idea who I will be. I know that TEAMBUILDER is out. I did that one year and it was kind of neat but the total lack of realism killed it for me. Being modest, my NCAA gaming skills are pretty darn good so I like to take over weaker schools and build them up for the challenge. Wokring for the N.C. often keeps my interest (except in the case of 08 on PS3... worst game ever~ I stopped after two seasons!!!).

So for this year my EARLY top three is:

1. SYRACUSE
* superficial yes, but the lighting vid for the Carrier Dome was freaking amazing!
* a fairly weak programme that needs to be built up
* colder away game weather may be fun for the sched.
* major con: the Big East is a pretty weak conference... will I be too good too early?

2. UTEP
* very weak programme and conference; a great challenge
* tough to land Texas recruits
* 09 UTEP was one of my best teams ever (skill/talent wise)
* con~ this would be my second go around

3. Indiana
* playing in the BIG 10 for the first time with a championship game
* programme needs a lot of work
* huge challenge recruiting wise
* con~ win the big 10 and you have a BCS bid (would I get it too quick???)

So that is the top three as of right now. I'm sure it will change by next week. WHO ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT FOR NCAA 12?

ram29jackson
04-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I like using teambuilder teams in a dynasty. Its my team as opposed to teams that already exist.

but i'm not really interested in a singular dynasty as much wondering what teams I would want to use in a league-dynasty.

Penn State would be a first choice. A teambuilder league would be cool.

I would probably use Fresno State in a weaker team-dynasty- league because they are in California and not a Typical USC or UCLA

CLW
04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Out of those three my choice would be the Hoosiers. I ran an NCAA dynasty back in 08 with IU and it was really enjoyable and it took me 5-7 years before I competed for the Big Ten title.

I usually mix up my offline dynasty team choices as well. This year I ran with my Blue Devils. It was surprisingly easy to turn them into a powerhouse. Renfree, Vernon and Varner became a deadly passing trio and after that QBs and WRs all wanted to come be part of the passing party.

This year my options will likely be: Duke; Wake; Virginia; Kansas; Indiana; Purdue; Northwestern; Colorado; Washington State; Vandy; Ole Miss.

I tend to pick Academic institutions with crappy teams. Stanford was a fun team to build up in the past but obviously they have become too good of a club to take over. Duke is my favorite but running with the same club may get old quick. I've never done a Vandy dynasty before so I'm leaning in that direction.

Jayrah
04-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I have been playing as washington state against my brother as Oregon in an offline/online dynasty forever. That will be preserved again this season.

For the first time I was able to step outside of that in 11 though, playing 2 full seasons in an od as Kentucky and I'm now in our 6th season in my other OD, where I've been Texas A&M the entire time. I have become enamoured with the culture of another school for the first time and its cool.

Looking forward to taking California in my premier TS OD and then either Michigan or South Carolina in my other OD.

souljahbill
04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I build up my 1* teambuilder team into a 6* powerhouse and when my contract expires, I leave and take the Southern Miss job. They're usually pretty bad 8-9 years down the road. I stay at Southern Miss until the next game comes out.

Solidice
04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
not really sure who'll I pick for my offline dynasty. I'll be using Texas Tech for one of my ODs for sure.

in the past I've use:
98 - Michigan
99 - Texas
00 - Kansas State
01 - Arkansas
02 - Texas Tech
03 - Michigan
04 - TCU
05 - returned the game shortly after getting and went back to 04
06 - used a created school, later started a dynasty with TCU
07 - Air Force
08 - Middle Tennessee State
09 - Arkansas State
10 - Middle Tennessee State
11 - San Diego State, never made it out of year 1 though. I got too "into" my Online dynasties.

I may have gotten a few of the early one mixed up, but I think that is how it was.

the last few years I've started out using a 1* team and building them up, so I'll likely continue that trend if I do an offline dynasty.

accfsu34
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Im a homer been using my Noles, since the 90's.

bruinkid626
04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm interested in playing every Pac12 team except SC. Not because I don't like them, but because they're already stacked.

jaymo76
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Another "project" team that I consider every once in awhile, though have never used is UNLV. It would be tough to fix that programme but I am considering it.

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 05:43 AM
I start a new Navy dynasty every single year, but I have at times also branched out into side dynasties with Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo, Bowling Green, Northwestern, Syracuse and a couple others I am forgetting right now.

Dr Death
04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
This past year I used my Team Builder teams a lot, w/ Minnesota's stadium as my stadium. And if some really good changes are implemented in TB this year, I could see me continuing in that vein. However, w/ the all new team entrances I may just have to use Florida State this year.

There will be some changes from me... some the die-hard fans may not care for :D But we will wear all black at home for every game and the Pro Combat pants and black helmet on the road. I may break out the Garnet & Gold once a year though. :D

They have a cool stadium, cool uni's and that Chief Osceola riding out at home games plus the War Chant!!! Now... if EA would get the Florida State Girls in the game... there'd be no way I'd ever play as anyone else! :D

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/68758553_03363467d0.jpg

Flav
04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
1- Michigan State
2- Michigan
3- Florida State

jaymo76
04-24-2011, 01:42 PM
1- Michigan State
2- Michigan
3- Florida State

Wow! Michigan St and Michigan as possibilities! Isn't that sort of thinking illegal in your fine state? :)

onikuno
04-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Wait...you mean you can use other teams besides Oklahoma? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpPxUQKQBc

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Shared this thread on Twitter and Facebook...funny thing is when I posted it on Facebook there is only one picture in this thread, so this is the preview picture :nod:

souljahbill
04-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Far right is the hottest:up:

tko27
04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
I always have to do a season with my Utes which usually lasts two or three years. That is typically offline by myself.

The online dynasty is where I pick a different team, typically a small school and try to build them up. Here is how it has gone in the past:

'08: San Jose State (4yrs), New Mexico State (2yrs)
'09: New Mexico State
'10: FIU
'11: Western Michigan (2yrs), Ohio (3yrs), North Texas (4yrs)

This year I expect to continue with North Texas. They really grew on me and I'd like to carry them in to this new year. I am interested in playing with ULL also.

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
For some reason I think the far right looks like Miley Cyrus :dunno:

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
In at least one OD this year I'll go with Nebraska with the new conference. In another OD, I might go with Oregon or some other team on the west coast since I was on the east coast last year, or maybe Colorado and try to build them up in the Pac 12.

Dr Death
04-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Shared this thread on Twitter and Facebook...funny thing is when I posted it on Facebook there is only one picture in this thread, so this is the preview picture :nod:

My work here is done... :D

Far right is the hottest:up:

I absolutely agree. She also looks to be the only one who didn't pay for any... uh... enhancements.

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
3rd one over looks like she'll do ANYTHING though ;)

I OU a Beatn
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I've seen that picture for years, and I still can not figure out why the far two right girls are holding hands. Maybe it's a dual package kind of deal?

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I've seen that picture for years, and I still can not figure out why the far two right girls are holding hands. Maybe it's a dual package kind of deal?

Turn right for that package deal...

http://hiscrivener.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/heaven-sign.jpg

Dr Death
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM

I've seen that picture for years too, and in all seriousness, I never even noticed their hands!

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I've seen that picture for years too, and in all seriousness, I never even noticed their hands!

Yeah I never make it that far down...:D

whitepony99
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
What was this thread about again?

Cipher 8
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
lol I'll be honest i clicked on this from Facebook because of the picture ;) but as for my teams that I'll probably try... Colorado in the new Pac 10 and probably a Wisconsin Badgers one to be in the Big 10. I wanna try the new conference championship stuff in both those conferences. TCU is another one I'll look into.

In the past couple years I've used Oregon, Michigan, Illinois, and Arizona. I like schools with decent recruiting but every now and then I'll take a challenge.

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM

Yeah I never make it that far down...:D

This. I didn't even notice they had hands until it was mentioned in this thread. :D

Flav
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow! Michigan St and Michigan as possibilities! Isn't that sort of thinking illegal in your fine state? :)

Well, Michigan used to be my team, but I'm going to school at Michigan State so it is a bit of a tough one. :)

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, Michigan used to be my team, but I'm going to school at Michigan State so it is a bit of a tough one. :)

Are you switching loyalties???? :-o

I may also try to build up a team offline, and in SBCOL. I think I might go to the MAC for SBCOL, maybe Frankie's Ohio team.

Kingpin32
04-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I may try to continue my Northwestern dynasty. I started it on 11 but haven't done much with it right now, so on 12 I'll probably make it my main dynasty.

RussellWilson
04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Offline dynasty I mix it up with NC STATE, MICHIGAN STATE, OREGON, BOISE STATE, ALABAMA, ETC... but really excited.

Rudy
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I definitely want to play with Michigan. I'm not sure how NCAA 12 will handle all the new conferences but the PAC 12, SEC and ACC are all possibilities. I'd love to use an SEC team like LSU or Georgia but I don't want to start out too good. The PAC 12 and UCLA or Colorado would interest me. ACC - Miami would be fun again. I only do BCS schools and I prefer a Championship game. I'd also prefer that my team start out rated between B- and B+. Heisman recruiting will be a must from the start.

I've used Georgia, Alabama and Ole Miss (twice) in the SEC. Only Michigan in the Big 10. Colorado in the Big 12. Miami and Wake Forest in the ACC. I've never done a full dynasty in the PAC 10/12.

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I may try to continue my Northwestern dynasty. I started it on 11 but haven't done much with it right now, so on 12 I'll probably make it my main dynasty.

Oh, now that's a nice challenge. That programme needs a lot of work. Good luck.

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I definitely want to play with Michigan. I'm not sure how NCAA 12 will handle all the new conferences but the PAC 12, SEC and ACC are all possibilities. I'd love to use an SEC team like LSU or Georgia but I don't want to start out too good. The PAC 12 and UCLA or Colorado would interest me. ACC - Miami would be fun again. I only do BCS schools and I prefer a Championship game. I'd also prefer that my team start out rated between B- and B+. Heisman recruiting will be a must from the start.

I've used Georgia, Alabama and Ole Miss (twice) in the SEC. Only Michigan in the Big 10. Colorado in the Big 12. Miami and Wake Forest in the ACC. I've never done a full dynasty in the PAC 10/12.

I love playing in the PAC although I will not be in 12. However, what I liked about the PAC 10 in 11 I would not like about the PAC 12 in 12. What I mean by that is before the championship game it was difficult to "always" win the division. One loss to say Oregon or USC and you lost your conference shot and most likely BCS shot. Every year I play in playoff conferences I tend to win the conference and get a BCS shot. Over the years my winning % in conference championship games is ridiculous. For example in my seven years with Virigina I won the ACC seven TIMES. Almost every game was against FSU and usually they were blowouts. C-USA... seven of eight championships, etc. Now my N.C. record on next gen has been pretty poor in truth but for conferences... DOMINATION.

PeteyKirch
04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
The same team I've been using since NCAA04.

The Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Cannot wait to run wild with Savon Huggins.

ram29jackson
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I love playing in the PAC although I will not be in 12. However, what I liked about the PAC 10 in 11 I would not like about the PAC 12 in 12. What I mean by that is before the championship game it was difficult to "always" win the division. One loss to say Oregon or USC and you lost your conference shot and most likely BCS shot. Every year I play in playoff conferences I tend to win the conference and get a BCS shot. Over the years my winning % in conference championship games is ridiculous. For example in my seven years with Virigina I won the ACC seven TIMES. Almost every game was against FSU and usually they were blowouts. C-USA... seven of eight championships, etc. Now my N.C. record on next gen has been pretty poor in truth but for conferences... DOMINATION.

I live on/in the West, so I find the PAC boring. Although I might use a Cal or Stanford in a multi player league/dynasty ?

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I live on/in the West, so I find the PAC boring. Although I might use a Cal or Stanford in a multi player league/dynasty ?

Wow! Ram, you living in So Cal yet considering going with Northern schools. You're a brave man!

ram29jackson
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow! Ram, you living in So Cal yet considering going with Northern schools. You're a brave man!

just feels like more old school tradition in the BIG. And I wouldnt mind using Florida State at some point...or FAU.

What do you mean brave ? Its virtual cold weather, not real cold weather :P

Daywalker86
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Always The Herd rebuilding project lol

pbplayer178
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I usually have 3 going. Offline line with West Virginia and Buffalo. Then an online one where we use a random conference every year, but I have no idea what conference we are going to use this year yet.

champ195797
04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm an Alabama fan but for the last three years I've played with Oregon because of there offense and unis lol

jaymo76
04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I have re-thought my position and this week Indiana has moved up to my #1.

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I have re-thought my position and this week Indiana has moved up to my #1.

its my disc- the fact is, they are all my teams haha

steelerfan
05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Here's who I can remeber using over the years....

Baylor
Boise St.
Buffalo
Connecticut
East Carolina
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
Notre Dame
Ole Miss
Penn State
Rice
Rutgers
San Diego State
USC
UCLA
Vandy
West Virginia

There are probably another 20+ schools I have started with, but failed to do much more than a season with.

I know I'll do an offline dynasty with PSU, aside from that, I'm not sure.

steelerfan
05-01-2011, 07:36 AM
I usually have 3 going. Offline line with West Virginia and Buffalo. Then an online one where we use a random conference every year, but I have no idea what conference we are going to use this year yet.

One year I did one where I used 3 teams in the same dynasty. I used PSU, Buffalo, and Idaho. It took forever to finish a season, but I eventually did 3 or 4, IIRC. That was kind of fun.

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I ran with Wyoming in NCAA '04. I had this awesome receiver, #9, I think, that would abuse CBs. The second season after I had recruited another awesome receiver (who ended up breaking all of #9's records), was my best passing year ever in any version of NCAA Football. I had at least 300 yds. passing every game. I've never had a combo of receivers that dominated a game like that since.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who has trouble passing to my 2 primary receivers in '11? My TE/3rd WR seem to get more catches because they are always the most open.

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I ran with Wyoming in NCAA '04. I had this awesome receiver, #9, I think, that would abuse CBs. The second season after I had recruited another awesome receiver (who ended up breaking all of #9's records), was my best passing year ever in any version of NCAA Football. I had at least 300 yds. passing every game. I've never had a combo of receivers that dominated a game like that since.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who has trouble passing to my 2 primary receivers in '11? My TE/3rd WR seem to get more catches because they are always the most open.

Yeah, I moved my 1st receiver via formation subs usually to the 3rd position just to bump up the stats.

As for hero stories, in 07 I had my one and only ever Heisman ceremony. I had this stud receiver #89 (don't remember his name) and he had 30+ TD's and 1500+ yards. He won the Heisman hands down and he was only a sophmore. The next year I recruited the #1 blue chip prospect, #11 WR (something SMITH). Those next two seasons with VIRGINIA, were lights out. The air attack could never be stopped. Two N.C.'s, a Heisman, and two Heisman nominations in the second season. Those are the days...

steelerfan
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I may go back to ECU this year. When I used them before, it was like NCAA 99 or 2000, lol.

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I may go back to ECU this year. When I used them before, it was like NCAA 99 or 2000, lol.

I love ECU's field. I know it sounds superficial but if I don't like the field/stadium I just can't play as that team. Using generic stadiums for team builder was the worst. This year should not be an issue. Whether Indiana or UTEP, I like both stadiums. And, if Syracuse, I have never used a dome before so thay may be enjoyable as a first time as well.

Potatoes002
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Washington State University. Should be a fun dynasty as the young team is finally starting to play competitive.

Jayrah
05-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Washington State University. Should be a fun dynasty as the young team is finally starting to play competitive.

We'll be better than ppl think. Better than last years washington team imo

jaymo76
05-03-2011, 12:46 AM
We'll be better than ppl think. Better than last years washington team imo

Agreed! Just based on the hits USC and Washington will take this coming season, WSU should see a bump in the standings.

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Agreed! Just based on the hits USC and Washington will take this coming season, WSU should see a bump in the standings.

:) I hate to be a real negative Nancy and all... but,.. no..no, aint gonna happen :)

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 12:53 AM
I love ECU's field. I know it sounds superficial but if I don't like the field/stadium I just can't play as that team. Using generic stadiums for team builder was the worst. Tis year should not be an issue. Whether Indian or UTEP, I like both stadiums. And, if Syracus, I have never used a dome before so thay may be enjoyable as a first time as well.

Now we know how you pick your March Madness brackets too :D

jaymo76
05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Now we know how you pick your March Madness brackets too :D

Oh man, I just read my original post in your post... I'm embarassed by my spelling mistakes. I are not tooo goode with the speelling

and to your points... I pick me March Madness like my lottery tickets... on pure guess lol :)

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Oh man, I just read my original post in your post... I'm embarassed by my spelling mistakes. I are not tooo goode with the speelling

and to your points... I pick me March Madness like my lottery tickets... on how cute the uniforms are lol :)

Fixed.

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I love ECU's field. I know it sounds superficial but if I don't like the field/stadium I just can't play as that team. Using generic stadiums for team builder was the worst. This year should not be an issue. Whether Indiana or UTEP, I like both stadiums. And, if Syracuse, I have never used a dome before so thay may be enjoyable as a first time as well.

on a side note-

I noticed in the picture that ECU's jerseys had a wide side panel/stripe and the pants had a thin stripe. Usually when I try that in teambuilder, I tend to reject it.
I may try it a couple times now haha

steelerfan
05-03-2011, 06:03 AM

I honestly wondered if you had been drinking. :nod:

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Thinking way ahead....I will definitely love to use the new teams to D-I like UMASS, Texas State and UTSA. I'm pretty sure the last two join the WAC next year so they'd be in 13.

CLW
05-03-2011, 12:13 PM
After thinking about it, I've narrowed my choices down to the Final 4 for my offline dynasty:

:Duke: - my favorite team. I am doing my offline dynasty with them this year and it has been a blast. However, a change of scenery may be in order for 12.

:Vanderbilt: - I like this idea mostly b/c they largely mirror Duke. Excellent Academic School in a power conference that stinks at football. I also think the black and gold uniforms look sharp.

:Northwestern: - My wife went to medical school in Chicago so there is that link. It's another great school in a power conference that has struggled mostly in football. I'm a little worried they actually might be rated too highly though to start a dynasty with.

:Rice: / :Houston: - Moving to Houston in June so I am considering using one of the local teams. The problem is I usually try to take bottom feeders from power conferences and :CUSA: isn't nearly as strong of a conference as the Big 10; SEC and ACC. I'm also not sure which Houston school I'd pick to run with. I'd probably be inclined to go with Rice b/c of the academics.

Any thoughts? Oh and I am also going to try to post my progress here at TGT too so which school would you guys be most interested in reading/following?

Dr Death
05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
:Rice: / :Houston: - Moving to Houston in June so I am considering using one of the local teams. The problem is I usually try to take bottom feeders from power conferences and :CUSA: isn't nearly as strong of a conference as the Big 10; SEC and ACC. I'm also not sure which Houston school I'd pick to run with. I'd probably be inclined to go with Rice b/c of the academics.

Any thoughts? Oh and I am also going to try to post my progress here at TGT too so which school would you guys be most interested in reading/following?

You mention moving to Houston, and the Cougars will have Case Keenum returning this Fall, so that would be nice. But... have you considered :SMU: ? Yeah, they're in the Dallas area, but it would be a much tougher road I think. Probably close to Rice... you could also move one of those teams to the Big 10... er, 12... or whatever it will be called. You could also move them to the Big XII... er, X... whatever that will be called... :D

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
You mention moving to Houston, and the Cougars will have Case Keenum returning this Fall, so that would be nice. But... have you considered :SMU: ? Yeah, they're in the Dallas area, but it would be a much tougher road I think. Probably close to Rice... you could also move one of those teams to the Big 10... er, 12... or whatever it will be called. You could also move them to the Big XII... er, X... whatever that will be called... :D

Your affinity towards the R&S has nothing to do with your recommendation, would it? :p

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
After thinking about it, I've narrowed my choices down to the Final 4 for my offline dynasty:

:Duke: - my favorite team. I am doing my offline dynasty with them this year and it has been a blast. However, a change of scenery may be in order for 12.

:Vanderbilt: - I like this idea mostly b/c they largely mirror Duke. Excellent Academic School in a power conference that stinks at football. I also think the black and gold uniforms look sharp.

:Northwestern: - My wife went to medical school in Chicago so there is that link. It's another great school in a power conference that has struggled mostly in football. I'm a little worried they actually might be rated too highly though to start a dynasty with.

finally ,someone mentions vanderbuilt and north western.

hardley anyone mentions these that are some of the OLDEST schools in college football.

Purdue is another and even North Carolina is older and more storied than most known today..

Dr Death
05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Your affinity towards the R&S has nothing to do with your recommendation, would it? :p

Maybe. But it appears he wants a challenge and taking over :SMU: would provide that, particularly if he moved them into one of the bigger conferences.

HWill
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
:Houston:,:Oklahoma_State:,:Oregon:,:SMU:,:South_C arolina:,:Purdue: and :Utah: are the teams i'll primarily use.

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe. But it appears he wants a challenge and taking over :SMU: would provide that, particularly if he moved them into one of the bigger conferences.

A challenge would be Tulane. It at least fits the nerd school archetype of Duke, Vanderbilt, and Rice.

CLW
05-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Yeah I've never really done a "fantasy" conference re-alignment before. I suppose I could make a conference out of all the Texas schools + OU and OK St or whatever the old SWC was.

finally ,someone mentions vanderbuilt and north western.

hardley anyone mentions these that are some of the OLDEST schools in college football.

Purdue is another and even North Carolina is older and more storied than most known today..

:Purdue: was also on my "short list". In my mind right now the two leaders in the club house are :Northwestern: and :Vanderbilt:. I have never done a dynasty with either and I think they would both be fun to do. The good thing is the OD that I run is probably going to be ACC/SEC/Pac12/Big10 3 bottom teams from each conference so If I do one in my offline dynasty I can do the other in my OD.

:SMU: would definitely be a challenge. I'm just not sure if I would enjoy the "fantasy" conference scenario. However, I believe Conference invites were in the game last year? If so, I might consider doing one of the small Texas schools and trying to build them up before joining either the :SEC: or the :Big_12:

CLW
05-03-2011, 04:06 PM
A challenge would be Tulane. It at least fits the nerd school archetype of Duke, Vanderbilt, and Rice.

Not sure Tulane has the rep for "bitches" and "uncle toms" like the other three. Then again, I should probably consult Jalen Rose on that topic.

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Not sure Tulane has the rep for "bitches" and "uncle toms" like the other three. Then again, I should probably consult Jalen Rose on that topic.

Trust me, Tulane is a much of a nerd school as any of those other schools. They have a high academic standard that keeps plenty of athletes out. Hell, I know non-athletes that didn't meet Tulane's standards.

Kingpin32
05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I think I'll continue my Northwestern dynasty. Hopefully I'll play more of it next year.

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I really like Northwestern's stadium.

Kingpin32
05-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I really like Northwestern's stadium.

It would be cool if they had the Northwestern vs Illinois at Soldier Field.

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Trust me, Tulane is a much of a nerd school as any of those other schools. They have a high academic standard that keeps plenty of athletes out. Hell, I know non-athletes that didn't meet Tulane's standards.

A best friends son ,just got accepted

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
It would be cool if they had the Northwestern vs Illinois at Soldier Field.

All the concessions they had to make to make the stadium game ready was hilariously awesome.

Paakaa10
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
In NCAA Football 11, I played one Offline Dynasty as :Michigan: and one Online Dynasty as (by random pick from a hat) :Oklahoma_State:.

For NCAA Football 12, I imagine I'll be playing a lot of games as :Michigan: and :Oklahoma_State: because my in-laws are Wolverine fans and I'm moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma in a few weeks so I'll have to get used to seeing a lot of orange around town. Might actually play as :Tulsa: too, when I'm looking for a handicap to inflict upon myself.

I do like to try to play as every team in the game though, just to see the stadiums and get a sense of what traditions made it into the game. Play as :Cincinnati: every now and again because my wife is an alumnus from there and like to play as :TCU: and :Oregon: just to get my jersey fix. So thrilled that :TCU:'s Rose Bowl helmets are in the game.

CLW
05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
All the concessions they had to make to make the stadium game ready was hilariously awesome.

LOL even better would be Wrigley Field and make all the offenses go the same way. That was an EPIC Fail!

souljahbill
05-03-2011, 07:24 PM
LOL even better would be Wrigley Field and make all the offenses go the same way. That was an EPIC Fail!

The funny part was the fact that both teams switched their half of the sideline after halftime. :D The team managers had to get all their equipment and move in 20-40 yards down the field in 20 minutes.

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Here are my preliminary thoughts so far:

PS3 OD: :Nebraska:

360 OD: :TCU:

SBCOL: :Ohio:

jaymo76
05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
I honestly wondered if you had been drinking. :nod:

That's the sad thing... completely sober :(

jaymo76
05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't know if I could be a conference USA school agian. Last time as UTEP after eight seasons and 2 N.C.'s I never received a conference invite. C-USA just doesn't get any love in this series.

DariusLock
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
You could play with Ole Miss, hell we're in the SEC Conference but we're in a division with LSU, Bama. Auburn, Ark, and State! We didn't go to a bowl, we've never been to the SEC CG game, and we've never really done anything lately haha except win some Cotton Bowls. We have a good bit of high caliber freshmen and some good quarterbacks ready to play, the defense will be pretty young in the LB corps and DB's also we will prob have two RS freshmen starting at DT.

JerzeyReign
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Their is only one team I look forward to playing with.... two words... Go Blue! ;)

Pig Bomb
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
1- I always run a dynasty with the Texas Aggies and try and take them to the heights of college football glory.
I grew up in TX and like both the aggies and horns, which I am allowed to do since I did not attend either school.

2- I also always run a dynasty with a team that had a coaching change in real life. I become their head coach and do my mojo.
I like to pick teams that are not top 30, and not in powerhouse recruiting states.

3- I went to NC State so I always run another dynasty with them and try to bring the ACC some damn respect.

In all cases I run a power run + option offense designed for a Tebow type QB.
If we can make it thru a game with less than 5 passes I'm happy!

My D is always high risk, high pressure, bring the heat, and kill their QB!!
I'm looking forward to seeing how the new zone D might effect my defense.

coogrfan
05-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know if I could be a conference USA school agian. Last time as UTEP after eight seasons and 2 N.C.'s I never received a conference invite. C-USA just doesn't get any love in this series.

That's odd -- I run with UH pretty much exclusively, and in 3 separate NCAA 11 dynasties with my Coogs I have never failed to receive a Big XII invite within 3-4 seasons. Maybe it's a UTEP thing?

PDuncanOSU
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
My first dynasty when each version of the game comes out is always w/ Ohio State because I went to school there. Last year had a 2-person online dynasty w/ my best friend from high school who is a Michigan fan. (Not sure how we stay friends but have been for 12 years or so). It was fun to look forward to the rivalry game against him each year, and we had some pretty good recruiting battles too. I usually look for more of a challenge in a seperate offline dynasty though, usually a low or mid level bcs team. Moved to northern Virginia last year, so think I might try Maryland or Virginia this year.

JeffHCross
05-13-2011, 08:14 PM
That's odd -- I run with UH pretty much exclusively, and in 3 separate NCAA 11 dynasties with my Coogs I have never failed to receive a Big XII invite within 3-4 seasons. Maybe it's a UTEP thing?On previous versions of the game (I haven't tried it lately), there was a problem where if you had too much success early (basically if you were like Boise State or TCU the past two seasons), then you wouldn't get a conference invite. I guess they only invited "rising" programs, rather than programs that were "already" successful. I found one year that if I got the BCS or NC game in my first year, I wouldn't get an invite at any point. But if I had an average (or sub par) record the first year, but success after, I would usually get a quick invite.

souljahbill
05-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I build up my 1* teambuilder team into a 6* powerhouse and when my contract expires, I leave and take the Southern Miss job. They're usually pretty bad 8-9 years down the road. I stay at Southern Miss until the next game comes out.

Now that there's an official mode, I'm changing my answer. I'm going to do a coach mode dynasty with my 1* Teambuilder team and I'll use custom conferences for this dynasty. I'll probably NEVER win a national championship in this mode but it'll probably be more realistic then the dynasty I'm actually going to play. For my single player dynasty, I'll start with UL-Lafayette (where I got my Master's from) and after they're the top dog in the nation, I'll then move over to Southern Miss (where I got my Bachelor's from). I'll likely keep the conferences in this dynasty as is. If it's possible, I'll do my coach mode dynasty online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaymo76
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
If I do a COACH MODE dynasty then I think I will use "my teams (either Arizona St. or Michigan St.). Do I have the time for a regular dynasty and a coach mode dynasty??? Might need permission from the wife on this one... lol

Koach Vonner
05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
My team is and always be the Texas Longhorns.

However, when I do decide to venture out. I love to play with.

1. South Carolina
2. Oregon
3. Wisconsin
4. TCU
5. Oklahoma St.
6. Baylor

hawkeyeguy
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I've tried a few offline dynasties with East Carolina and Syracuse over the years but the one that always keeps my interest is Iowa. I do need to find a 2* team to use in an online dynasty for NCAA 2012

jaymo76
05-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Well that settles it... now I will have TWO dynasties. One will be the regular (team still TBA) and the second one... I will start as the O.C. for Arizona State. Can't wait for July 12th!!!

griffin2608
05-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, with the new coaching features I will be starting as dc for a low school then working my way up to the dc of a big program. Then move on to be a hc at a small program and working my way up again. I cant wait.

steelerfan
05-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Now that CC has been revealed, I will say that I think I'm going to start at OC at ECU and just see where it goes from there. CC should add a TON of life to the series. :nod:

DariusLock
05-22-2011, 10:11 AM
OK with CC announced I think I want my career to go like this...

1. OC/DC of UAB
2. HC moves on and I take over UAB or take HC job at similar school.
3. If no offers for HC job are on the table I'll make the move to OC/DC at a SEC/Big 12/ACC team.
4. Wait it out until I get offered the HC job at Ole Miss.
5. If Ole Miss never offers (Let's face it our AD does some dumb crap.) I'll just take a HC job at one of the 3 conferences mentioned above.
6. If at Ole Miss I'll just end my career there if I get fired or end up retiring. If I'm at another school I'll dominate until Ole Miss comes calling and then I'll go home.

jaymo76
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Now that CC has been revealed, I will say that I think I'm going to start at OC at ECU and just see where it goes from there. CC should add a TON of life to the series. :nod:

Not that you can say BUT can you go from a head coach to an OC or DC if you really struggle in the top spot? After failure then you need to work your way up again. That would be great (but who is kidding who, in the ncaa series I have never been fired...)

steelerfan
05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Not that you can say BUT can you go from a head coach to an OC or DC if you really struggle in the top spot? After failure then you need to work your way up again. That would be great (but who is kidding who, in the ncaa series I have never been fired...)

I suppose I can't touch that one until tomorrow.

In giving it more thought, I may do one as an OC at one school and as a DC at another school and have the goal to become the HC at PSU and see which one I get there first.

Dr Death
05-22-2011, 08:19 PM
CC should add a TON of life to the series. :nod:

It should... provided :Penn_State: doesn't fire Joe Paterno in the first year or two! :D

Dr Death
05-26-2011, 04:09 AM
I am wanting to start out as the OC for a Sun Belt team and since I've moved Louisiana Tech to the Sun Belt... or will once the game ships, looking over their roster they have a lot of young talent... enough to dominate the Sun Belt w/ me running it.

So... as of now, I am leaning towards :Louisiana_Tech:. Will Terry Bradshaw show up at any of my games? :D Only thing different is I will create La Tech in TB and get rid of their red helmets and go w/ white w/ gray facemasks. They look bad-ass in TB!

http://i54.tinypic.com/iztk07.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/280qcuu.jpg

Cody
05-29-2011, 08:28 AM
I will want to be an OC/DC at Conference USA school or WKU and then work my way up to a HC job so where.

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2011, 09:10 AM
I think I've got my selection whittled down to OC/DC of either Florida Atlantic or Bowling Green to start my coaching career in dynasty.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah I am definitely going to start as an OC. Now my only question is where do I start? Before CC was announced I was going to Indiana or Syracuse. However, do I want to start there and only be an OC? How long will it take me to get back there if I leave? If I start as an OC at one of those schools would I be offered the HC??? This whole game has changed with CC... and for the better!!!

Sidenote.... maybe I will start as OC at Army and see what happens from there???

Cody
05-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Actually Navy would be cool to start at.

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Actually Navy would be cool to start at.

Yeah, that's what I usually do each new year of the game, but this year, that's what I intend on working my way towards. I want to start at a crappy, minor, or mid-major team and eventually work my way into a position to hopefully take over Navy. Instead of my usual "start my dynasty in each yearly edition as head coach of Navy". This time I want to work my way through dozens of seasons and a multiple coaching stops to try and eventually reach the goal of HC of Navy.

Other people have goals and dreams of working their way up to Florida, or Alabama, or Ohio State, or Texas, or USC, or whoever. My goal is ending up at Navy within 15-20 years/seasons and then building them up, from whatever their current place is in the college football world, to one of the elite teams in college football.

Cody
05-29-2011, 03:20 PM
This will make me stick with one dynasty through out the year

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2011, 03:35 PM
This will make me stick with one dynasty through out the year

I thought the same, though custom conferences is changing that. My main dynasty is going to reflect the real life conferences and changes over the next two years, before I eventually take over the movement of teams the rest of the dynasty and promote and demote teams as I see fit based on their performance (I'm thinking of going by a 5 year average). I'm going to have a second dynasty that I am currently setting up conferences for in Excel that will be based entirely on regional location of teams for the conferences. And I'm thinking of a third conference at some point, that is going to go one of two directions. I'm either going to balance it out, so every single conference will have power teams (5 and 6 stars), mid-majors, and scrubs/bottom-feeders, or I going to go absolutely psychotic insane with the conferences and make some crazy ass set ups/groups.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that's what I usually do each new year of the game, but this year, that's what I intend on working my way towards. I want to start at a crappy, minor, or mid-major team and eventually work my way into a position to hopefully take over Navy. Instead of my usual "start my dynasty in each yearly edition as head coach of Navy". This time I want to work my way through dozens of seasons and a multiple coaching stops to try and eventually reach the goal of HC of Navy.

Other people have goals and dreams of working their way up to Florida, or Alabama, or Ohio State, or Texas, or USC, or whoever. My goal is ending up at Navy within 15-20 years/seasons and then building them up, from whatever their current place is in the college football world, to one of the elite teams in college football.

Smooth, that is one heck of a committment.... 15/20 years to get to Navy. I would think you should make it in 4-6 based on the developer commentary.

Cody
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
How hard do you think/how much time do you think it will take to land a big job?

JeffHCross
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
It'll all depend on how you perform at your initial job, Cody. I started a dynasty as the OC at Tulsa and got some decent interest pretty quickly. I was only simming the games, but I was passing every goal I was given. If your prestige rises quickly, you'll see some interest early on.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM
How hard do you think/how much time do you think it will take to land a big job?

That's the big Q. I quoted 4-6 years based on some hints from developers/community members. If you meet your expectations of course. The reality is that most people will only go up to five seasons so the game needs to be programmed to let you get to your dream job sooner than later. Currently in NCAA 11 I am in season seven. On last gen I always played 10+ but on the PS3 this is the longest I have played. However, I suspect that CC will put me past 10 seasons again. I am looking forward to swapping teams several times for 12.

Cody
05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Because of course the ultimate goal has to be able to reach one of the top jobs in the country

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Smooth, that is one heck of a committment.... 15/20 years to get to Navy. I would think you should make it in 4-6 based on the developer commentary.

You haven't seen my most recent updated version of my coaching guidelines/rules that I'm setting for myself in my dynasty. ;) It'll be a minimum of 6-7 years before I'll allow myself to even become a head coach at any program.

Year One

Start dynasty as OC/DC at a one star prestige mid-major program.

--- Can be only OC or DC for first 6-7 years of dynasty.

Years Two and Three

May only move on to higher rated OC/DC jobs after full completion of first contract.

--- Next OC/DC job must be at another mid-major program, no more than three stars prestige.

Years Six and Seven

May only make jump to Head Coach after 6-7 years if going to a mid-major program.

--- Mid-major program must be three stars prestige or less.

------- May move onto four stars prestige or less mid-major programs after completion of first Head Coach contract.

--- OC/DC positions at major/AQ conference programs are now available, up to four stars.

------- May accept OC/DC at all programs up to five stars after three or more years as OC/DC at a major/AQ conference program.

---------- May accept OC/DC at all programs, including six star prestige, after five or more years at five stars prestige or less major/AQ conference programs.

Years Twelve and beyond

May only make jump to Head Coach of major programs after 5 years HC experience at mid-major.

--- May accept HC jobs at five star prestige or less programs.

------- May accept HC jobs at any programs, including six star prestige, after five or more years at five stars prestige or less major/AQ conference programs.

Contract Rules

Must honor contract years in full, except:

--- May leave via opt-out clause if offered a coaching contract from Navy (alma mater).

------- Includes all versions of contracts (OC, DC, and Head Coach).

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Smooth, a man of principle... I like it. For me I am looking at 3-4 seasons as an OC and then looking for a lower tier contract as an HC. By the 10 year mark I want to be at either Indiana or Syracuse.

Dr Death
05-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Because of course the ultimate goal has to be able to reach one of the top jobs in the country

I disagree. I always have and probably always will, take on the smaller school and try to kick the Big School's asses. In NCAA 08 I had a 10 year dynasty w/ :Hawaii: and by the time I was done we were in the Pac-10 and if rivalries could have been implemented, :USC: & :Hawaii: would have had one helluva rivalry as I beat them for six straight years, including coming from behind in one game 6-34 to win 55-54 at their park.

As for the new game, I am going to start as OC at :Louisiana_Tech: and stay there and try to build that program up. They'll be added to the Sun Belt, along w/ :New_Mexico: and :New_Mexico_State: and I will try to get them either invited to, or move them myself if I do good enough, to a tougher conference.

Eventually, I'd like to take over :Texas_Tech: And once again, they are a smaller school compared to the teams I will have in the Big XII like :Texas:, :Oklahoma:, :Texas_A&M: and :Notre_Dame: so my job will always be tough.

I don't think it would ever be fun being :USC: or :Ohio_State: in the game, where 5-star players sign w/ you if you just say Hello to them...

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Smooth, a man if principle... I like it. For me I am looking at 3-4 seasons as an OC and then looking for a lower tier contract as an HC. By the 10 year mark I want to be at either Indiana or Syracuse.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to end up doing a lot of further editing and growing of those guidelines between now and release day. I'm trying to make it so it will be a longterm dynasty. After seeing dynasties like that of Huskerblitz (128+ years with the Nebraska State Prairie Dogs, dating back to NCAA Football 2000) and a couple other fellow Tailgaters, I am going for the ultimate. I'm building this out for as long as I can make it, over future versions of NCAA if I can.

I'm gonna start with my initial coach, build him up through the ranks over a decade or two, having him eventually end up at Navy, staying at Navy until he retires after 35-40 years as a coach, then bring in a son of the coach or something along those lines as a coordinator at Navy, coming in at the same time as my coach is retiring from Navy, and then continue on, following his career through the end of the 60 years allowed in dynasty.

At that point, that's where I'm going to hit my crossroads. Do I start a new dynasty continuing the son's path, which would mean copying down the entire roster of the current team he's with (every player's name, every rating, etc), or do I go the route of Huskerblitz and others, and create a Teambuilder team, stick permanently with that one team, and just go with coaches coming and going over the years, having the story and history of the team expand multiple versions of the game (since it's a Teambuilder team, it'll be much easier in regards to taking the ratings and players on the team from one version to the next) and crossing the century mark? So there's a couple different way I am thinking about planning on playing things out.

morsdraconis
05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to end up doing a lot of further editing and growing of those guidelines between now and release day. I'm trying to make it so it will be a longterm dynasty. After seeing dynasties like that of Huskerblitz (128+ years with the Nebraska State Prairie Dogs, dating back to NCAA Football 2000) and a couple other fellow Tailgaters, I am going for the ultimate. I'm building this out for as long as I can make it, over future versions of NCAA if I can.

I'm gonna start with my initial coach, build him up through the ranks over a decade or two, having him eventually end up at Navy, staying at Navy until he retires after 35-40 years as a coach, then bring in a son of the coach or something along those lines as a coordinator at Navy, coming in at the same time as my coach is retiring from Navy, and then continue on, following his career through the end of the 60 years allowed in dynasty.

At that point, that's where I'm going to hit my crossroads. Do I start a new dynasty continuing the son's path, which would mean copying down the entire roster of the current team he's with (every player's name, every rating, etc), or do I go the route of Huskerblitz and others, and create a Teambuilder team, stick permanently with that one team, and just go with coaches coming and going over the years, having the story and history of the team expand multiple versions of the game (since it's a Teambuilder team, it'll be much easier in regards to taking the ratings and players on the team from one version to the next) and crossing the century mark? So there's a couple different way I am thinking about planning on playing things out.

This is exactly what I was going for with my Saint Augustus dynasty, but, unfortunately, I got WAY too good in '10 and it ruined '11 for me. I plan on having a big sanction happen to the team and them being SEVERELY demoted and almost be a death penalty team before it's all over and done with to start '12 where I'll be a 1 prestige coach trying desperately to make my incredibly shitty team better.

So, my team is definitely gonna be Saint Augustus (my Teambuilder team) in a HEAVILY modified College Football landscape (as seen laid out by souljabill with Ball State where his TB team is and Holy Cross and Saint Augustus in the Big East in place of Temple and Buffalo (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2224-Custom-Conference-Planning-and-Ideas&p=61026&viewfull=1#post61026)).

My other dynasty I'll be starting out as an OC for a team yet to be determined (has to be a :1star: small school) in my own heavily modified College Football Landscape (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2224-Custom-Conference-Planning-and-Ideas&p=62143&viewfull=1#post62143) though I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with the remaining teams (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2224-Custom-Conference-Planning-and-Ideas&p=62213&viewfull=1#post62213) yet that need to be dispersed between the WAC, MAC, MWC, Sun Belt, C-USA, and Independent conferences.

I'm thinking between these teams though for my second dynasty

#1 - :MTSU: - haven't played with them ever but they have a closely resembling offense of what I'd like to try to run there (4 and 5 WR spread offense with LOTS of passing and rarely, if ever, running the ball) and they are pretty bad so it'd be a good place to start
#2 - :Idaho: - I have a real sentimental place for this team - I was going to use them in an OD a few years back, but some things came up and I wasn't able to participate in it - The great thing about them is, in their history in the FBS (which is only since 1996), they've NEVER had more than 9 wins in a season (and they've only had a 8 or 9 win season twice)
#3 - :San_Jose_State: - Would be significantly easier because of the location of the school, which makes me not want to use this team, but they really fit the bill - They have an incredibly storied history as well, including quite a powerhouse period of going 94-20-5 spanning from 1937-1949 where they won 8 of 13 conference championships and included 4 seasons of 11+ wins (one season going 13-0)

Right now, I'm leaning toward :Idaho: or :MTSU: because they would be significantly harder to build up (Idaho is REALLY tough to build up as I've done a few test dynasties with them and they have jack shit for resources out in the middle of bumfuck egypt).

Dr Death
05-29-2011, 09:05 PM
:Idaho: is REALLY tough to build up as I've done a few test dynasties with them and they have jack shit for resources out in the middle of bumfuck egypt).

Yes, that's true. But as much as I hate domes, they have the sweetest dome ever!

souljahbill
05-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, that's true. But as much as I hate domes, they have the sweetest dome ever!

Yeah, if you consider a plane hanger with seats a "dome."

Dr Death
05-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah, if you consider a plane hanger with seats a "dome."

It's just so small... I really detest domes and believe football should always be played in the elements... but there's something about that dome! :D

souljahbill
05-29-2011, 10:01 PM
It's just so small... I really detest domes and believe football should always be played in the elements... but there's something about that dome! :D

When I was in grad school at UL-Lafayette, the football team played there. If I didn't have volleyball games to cover that weekend, I could've gone with the team to help out.

Cody
05-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't mind being at SMU somehow.

jaymo76
05-29-2011, 11:21 PM
I think everyone has a little sweet spot for Idaho and the Kibbie Dome... they are one of the worst teams in the game and are based in a town called Moscow. How can you not pull for them???

HunkerDown
05-29-2011, 11:39 PM
After much deliberation I have found the perfect team to start out with for my coaching dynasty.

DC at North Texas.

- New head coach, thus coaching staff.
- Sun Belt, low team prestige.
- White helmets, I'm a sucker for these.
- Great looking new stadium for 2012, wont be in the game but I will make a near identical TB version of NT with a nice new stadium.

morsdraconis
05-30-2011, 06:11 AM
I think everyone has a little sweet spot for Idaho and the Kibbie Dome... they are one of the worst teams in the game and are based in a town called Moscow. How can you not pull for them???

:)

Yeah, they are definitely in an area where they are pretty screwed which makes them extra enticing to play with.

Forgot about Wyoming too. They have a VERY rich past (http://ahc.uwyo.edu/videofiles/online/av/Gator51.mov) (and some things they probably want to forget (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_Cowboys_football#Controversies)). Unfortunately, they're uniforms are pretty damn ugly...

- Great looking new stadium for 2012, wont be in the game but I will make a near identical TB version of NT with a nice new stadium.

It's gonna be a crappy generic stadium (unless we have some amazing news coming soon about TB and the TB Website still).

Dr Death
05-30-2011, 06:55 AM
After much deliberation I have found the perfect team to start out with for my coaching dynasty.

DC at North Texas.

- New head coach, thus coaching staff.
- Sun Belt, low team prestige.
- White helmets, I'm a sucker for these.

Have you seen :FAU: and their new stadium that's supposed to open this year? Probably won't be in the game this year, but they are in Florida so you never know. Their new home looks sweet.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00544/fau_544338e.jpg

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00497/Stadium-Field_497667c.jpg

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Now that the word is out on Carousel....I can update my choices.

I'm thinking for the PS3 and 360 "official" TGT OD's we're going to start as OC/DC, so I think at this point, a month and a half before release, I'm going with:

:Idaho: DC

:San_Jose_State: OC

Cody
05-30-2011, 08:05 AM
I will be down for the 360 0D if spots open

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
I will be down for the 360 0D if spots open

We'll open it up to the first 12 signees a couple weeks before release. We just shut down 11's OD as we await 12 :nod:

Cody
05-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Looks like the OSU HC job may be open ;)

Dr Death
05-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Looks like the OSU HC job may be open ;)

Yep. He resigned....

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2010-12/osu-suspensions/story/ohio-state-coach-jim-tressel-resigns

steelerfan
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
I think I'll create 2 coaches and have them both try to become HC at PSU. Right now, I'm thinking DC at ECU and OC at SJSU.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I think I'll create 2 coaches and have them both try to become HC at PSU. Right now, I'm thinking DC at ECU and OC at SJSU.

Yeah that is going to be FUN.

I know one of the sims I did, I started as an OU DC, and became the Nebraska HC six years later, that was cool to see just simming. Imagine actually playing it out. :nod:

Cody
05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
I may start at BYU and work up to a major BCS job.

Hustleman
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM
OC FSU
DC Texas

Kingpin32
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I still think there's a connection between Dynasty and RTG, so I'm gonna wait before I pick my team.

NaptownMVP
05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Texas is my goal, but I have always started with Middle Tennessee State for some reason, going back to PS2 days, both football and basketball. So, Blue Raiders it is!

jaymo76
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out which base playbook I want to start with. In 11 I ran with WAKE FOREST. I will definitely use a MULTIPE OFFENSE. I wonder, if I start at ARMY with a MULTIPLE OFFENSE will army from that point on look to replace me with a multiple offense OC???

DeionGoVols
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I'll probably use Middle Tennessee State or Memphis for my Offline Dynasty. And definitely Tennessee for my Online Dynasty. Maybe after awhile, I'll do an offline dynasty with Tennessee.

jaymo76
06-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll probably use Middle Tennessee State or Memphis for my Offline Dynasty. And definitely Tennessee for my Online Dynasty. Maybe after awhile, I'll do an offline dynasty with Tennessee.

Are you starting out as a coordinator or a head coach??

Note: maybe GAMING TAILGATE should do a poll to see what most people will do:

1. OC
2. DC
3. Head Coach
4. Head Coach (same mode as last year)
5. COACH MODE

DariusLock
06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
If FAU's new stadium is in then I will start there! Damn that's nice looking, looks like they are on the rise.

OSUCowboyofMD
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
1. Maryland
2. Oklahoma St.
3. Virginia Tech
4. Troy
5. Hawaii

jaymo76
06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
If FAU's new stadium is in then I will start there! Damn that's nice looking, looks like they are on the rise.

I would bet the odds of that are somewhere between none and zero chance. If the stadium isn't finished for real then it won't be in the game. But yeah I agree, it's a beautiful facility.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 12:36 AM
I would bet the odds of that are somewhere between none and zero chance. If the stadium isn't finished for real then it won't be in the game. But yeah I agree, it's a beautiful facility.

Damn. :( FAU was the leading candidate for where I was, and most likely still will, start my Defensive Coordinator coaching carousel dynasty. I would have loved to have played in that stadium and facility.

johntom2000
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
If I can get into a OD (PS3). I am going with my Huskers as a DC then work my way up to HC.

As for offline, probably start out of a DC also at a 1* start and start building my 46/4-2-5 hybrid defense. An then work my way up to HC. Then work on my offense playbook.

iBrandon
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I always use Baylor, they are my team (no I didn't jump on the Robert Griffin bandwagon).

But last year I played another dynasty where I started off as North Texas and worked my way up, I finally got offered a great job at Ohio State and I had a lot of fun. I may do something like that again.

RTerry25
06-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Def will b usin wyoming. Prolly start out as an OC or DC there. Only thing is im goin to recreate them using TB so that i can try to add a lil flavor to those damn ugly brown & yellow unis

kindella2
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Georgia
Florida State
Texas
might make a team or 2 in Teambuilder

Will prolly be in 2 ODs and i currently have no clue who i will use in those.

ram29jackson
06-21-2011, 06:27 PM
too bad, I liked FAU'S old one...

Boucher
06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
The U and the SMU

CrimsonBassn78
06-23-2011, 01:35 AM
1. Alabama
2. Arkansas
3. Southern Miss
4. Would like to make a Univ.North Alabama and Jacksonville St. team on Teambuilder.

Last year had four OD going with Bama, So. Miss, Northwestern, Missouri. Had RTG as QB for So. Miss but work got in the way.

Kwizzy
06-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Teams I'm interested in using:
-Nebraska (for my own single player OD)
-Texas A&M, Baylor, Northwestern, Illinois, Utah, Arizona, South Carolina, Virginia Tech (depending on what OD I find to join I will choose whichever team fits in best.)

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm strictly a coach mode player and I like to start with what I perceive to be the toughest challenge based on recent history of the team and the talent they have coming back.
So based on the team ratings which we've all already seen and what I've read in Phil Steele's College Football Preview magazine I'll be going with........

MEMPHIS TIGERS

They have very little experience in their two deep and their starting QB of last year transferred out unexpectedly so they have little to no experience at QB. They were at or near the bottom in almost every offensive and defensive stat category last season and there is little indication that they'll improve on that much this season. Saying all that I expect that to make for a very challenging head coaching job and playing coach mode where talent, playcalling, and adjustments win games I could have a very tough time keep this first job. Fun times.

What do you guys think?

gschwendt
06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
What do you guys think?
If you're looking for a challenge, you've picked a good one. Memphis sucks!

If you're looking to make it out of the city alive, you've picked a bad one.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff108/derhntr/memphis_tigaahs.jpg

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah I have no doubt I may well get fired but I want the toughest challenge from the start and I'm sure Memphis will give me just that.
Are you or do you know of other coach mode players here at TGT that would be interested in a strictly coach mode 360 OD?

gschwendt
06-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah I have no doubt I may well get fired but I want the toughest challenge from the start and I'm sure Memphis will give me just that.
Are you or do you know of other coach mode players here at TGT that would be interested in a strictly coach mode 360 OD?
I'm personally not a coach mode guy and not sure how many here are or would be interested in that, however with a dedicated coach mode this year, I can only assume that the interest will increase at least some.

souljahbill
06-23-2011, 03:12 PM
If you're looking for a challenge, you've picked a good one. Memphis sucks!
Truer words never spoken!

illwill10
06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I plan on starting at Memphis as a OC. I will stay there for at least 4 years. My goal is to go to a bowl game by the 3rd year and get their offense in the top 40.
It will definitely be hard since their Starting Freshman Ryan Williams transfered to Miami. It will be tough, but my offense will not require a good qb. I just need a Game Manager with a big arm and a at least 70 speed

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Should be tough with Memphis for sure but you as a thumb jockey will have a much easier time doing well than me as a coach mode guy. You can let your stick skills help you to success. I'm completely reliant on the players attributes and my playcalling and such to hopefully get some wins.

C00KH4X
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I'll probably rotate between ECU, UNLV, and South Carolina for all my ranked games

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll probably rotate between ECU, UNLV, and South Carolina for all my ranked games

UNLV for a ranked game? Man they are brutal aren't they? I don't play ranked games online since I'm a coach mode guy but I can't imagine you'd be able to compete with the Runnin' Rebels.

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
As a matter of fact based on my criteria UNLV would be the 2nd toughest team to start with in a dynasty after Memphis.

illwill10
06-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Should be tough with Memphis for sure but you as a thumb jockey will have a much easier time doing well than me as a coach mode guy. You can let your stick skills help you to success. I'm completely reliant on the players attributes and my playcalling and such to hopefully get some wins.
I wont play alot the 1st season. I will build Memphis into a Run-Heavy Pro-Style School with pistol and other running formations. But without a manageable qb the 1st year, I will run almost 80% of the time. Then as the seasons pass, I will only run 65% of the time

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea as they apparently have at least a decent OL with some decent backs including what may be a pretty good freshman coming in depending on how he's rated, never know on that.

illwill10
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea as they apparently have at least a decent OL with some decent backs including what may be a pretty good freshman coming in depending on how he's rated, never know on that.
I am about to check espn to see how their backs were recruited. I remember only seeing thier leading rushers that is coming back with only 469 yards after that only 42 yards.

Coach Kernzy
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote from College Football News on Memphis recruits coming in.

"The 2011 Recruiting Class Is Heavy On … Skill players. What do you get for the team that needs everything? Everything. Larry Porter sprinkled in a few linemen here, a couple of defensive backs there, and a lot of skill players to try to jump-start the offense sooner than later. Big passers Domonique Harris and Taylor Reed will fight it out for time in the near future, but running back Artaves Gibson will be expected to see work immediately and the hope will be for Ryan Byrd and/or Jermaine Johnson to be a No. 1 receiver early on."

illwill10
06-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Memphis has a 3* Undersized Soph Guard who has amazing strength, a 3* Soph RB 5'10 195 (Rhodes) who is a Workhorse back that has good mix of speed and power and also couldve gone to UNC, 3* 6'4 190 Soph who has good/decent speed(I might rate him a 88 speed). A 3* Jr TE 6'3 228 who is a receiver and can grow into a blocker. A 3* Fresh RB(Gibson) 6'1 215 who is a downhill runner). 3* Fresh WR 6'3 168, Skinny but Very Fast and has a great catch radius. a 3* ATH 6'4 225, Harris is a QB/TE.
So I have a little to work with. But Memphis does not a QB at all. I might use Harris as my Starting QB until I can get a better one. They have the pieces to fit my Scheme perfectly. BIG Fast Wrs, I will use Rhodes and Gibson as my main to RBs, a Good Balanced TE.

illwill10
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote from College Football News on Memphis recruits coming in.

"The 2011 Recruiting Class Is Heavy On … Skill players. What do you get for the team that needs everything? Everything. Larry Porter sprinkled in a few linemen here, a couple of defensive backs there, and a lot of skill players to try to jump-start the offense sooner than later. Big passers Domonique Harris and Taylor Reed will fight it out for time in the near future, but running back Artaves Gibson will be expected to see work immediately and the hope will be for Ryan Byrd and/or Jermaine Johnson to be a No. 1 receiver early on."
That is a good class for a bad team. Harris is my starter. Gibson my 2nd String, I will use him a lot.

C00KH4X
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
UNLV for a ranked game? Man they are brutal aren't they? I don't play ranked games online since I'm a coach mode guy but I can't imagine you'd be able to compete with the Runnin' Rebels.

You'd be surprised.

Haven't really played NCAA much since NCAA 09, but towards the end of that season I started playing with Memphis exclusively in all my ranked games. Back then they had the best WRs in the game IMO, Carlos Singleton (6'8), Duke Calhoun (6'4) and a bunch of other 6'3 WRs. I believe the QB was Arkelon Hall who was VERY inconsistent.

Like I said though I haven't kept up with them since I stopped playing NCAA but I'm sure they still have some pieces in place to be a good spread team

illwill10
06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Just checked Memphis official website, Rhodes is 215 and Gibson is 220. So I split carries between them. Gibson is a track guy. So If I can guess 88-90 Speed for Rhodes and 90-93 Speed for Gibson. Rhodes is a Soph and Gibson is a Fresh. I will recruit a Fast Scatback first year. So I can 2 good years with 3 RBs.

Sinister
06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I will be playing with FSU , my teambuilders and alittle with SDSU .

michstarfish
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
I have been all over the board. I always do at least 1 with about 5 teams. :Michigan:, :Alabama:, :Notre_Dame:, :Wisconsin:, and another team are usually in it. I also do one after the season with conf champs, surprise teams, and :Michigan:. I have also taken some teams and tried to build them up (recently :Marshall: and :San_Jose_State:).

This year with CC and coordinators, I'm going to start as OC for :FIU: and work my way up to my beloved :Michigan:. Probably going to do a couple other dynasties similar to the combos above too.

UNOMavs
06-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Probably my teambuilder team, Ohio U, Army, and Nebraska.

*edit* Forget Army. If running the option is as horrible as it is in the demo, it's pointless to play with any of the service academies or GT this year.

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh god this is going to suck in my dynasty. Florida Atlantic's highest rated player on the entire team is a 79 overall Punter. :fp:

Deuce
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh god this is going to suck in my dynasty. Florida Atlantic's highest rated player on the entire team is a 79 overall Punter. :fp:

Your punter is your best player? Greatness! Ha ha

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Your punter is your best player? Greatness! Ha ha

Lol, yeah, I think I very well could end up getting fired before my contract is up. :D

Deuce
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Lol, yeah, I think I very well could end up getting fired before my contract is up. :D

Yeah, if Kwizzy is 0-6 with fairly equal teams you could be in for a long first season! Should be a fun challenge.

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, if Kwizzy is 0-6 with fairly equal teams you could be in for a long first season! Should be a fun challenge.

Oh it'll definitely be a challenge. Looking at the key positions, their highest rated QB is a 68, HB is 76, FB is 61 and highest WR is a 73. Only 6 players total are rated in the 70s on defense, and two of those are the punter and kicker. :D 14 players total are rated in the 70s. So it is going to be a huge challenge to do anything good with Florida Atlantic. Without even looking at FAU's schedule for the upcoming season, just based on the players and their ratings, I already am expecting to lose at least 8 games in my first season.

Deuce
07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh it'll definitely be a challenge. Looking at the key positions, their highest rated QB is a 68, HB is 76, FB is 61 and highest WR is a 73. Only 6 players total are rated in the 70s on defense, and two of those are the punter and kicker. :D 14 players total are rated in the 70s. So it is going to be a huge challenge to do anything good with Florida Atlantic. Without even looking at FAU's schedule for the upcoming season, just based on the players and their ratings, I already am expecting to lose at least 8 games in my first season.

Wow...they have to be the worst team, right?

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Wow...they have to be the worst team, right?

They're close. Akron takes the cake, with Eastern Michigan battling them for the position of bottom feeder. But Florida Atlantic is definitely within the worst 10. And I just looked at their schedule. :fp: At Florida, at Michigan State, at Auburn in their first three games to start the season. :fp: Florida Atlantic's first game at home isn't even until week 6.

Deuce
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
They're close. Akron takes the cake, with Eastern Michigan battling them for the position of bottom feeder. But Florida Atlantic is definitely within the worst 10. And I just looked at their schedule. :fp: At Florida, at Michigan State, at Auburn in their first three games to start the season. :fp: Florida Atlantic's first game at home isn't even until week 6.

Holy cow...good luck with that. 0-3 right off the bat. 5 wins will be a great season.

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Holy cow...good luck with that. 0-3 right off the bat. 5 wins will be a great season.

Yeah, I stand by my statement of expecting to lose at least 8 games that I made earlier when just looking at their ratings. Seeing that schedule, at least the first couple games, this is going to be painful. :D

Dr Death
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Part of the reason for that is their new stadium will not be ready until then. So... do the best you can and look forward to {hopefully} playing in :FAU: new stadium in next years game.

I loved doing a dynasty w/ them in '08. Built them up to an ACC team and kicked the crap out of :LSU: in a bowl game! :D

ram29jackson
07-02-2011, 12:48 AM

actually thats a smart move isnt it ? they get money from/for going to play those big schools dont they? thats got to be ,like, 300 to 500 thousand per game of those 3...? now, of course it goes back into the school but theres still some / a little profit.

and it may take years but you dont change your history unless you play big dogs more often and Florida is reaking of players with speed so all Florida schools get decent talent to a degree. Miami is more prominent then they were 40 years ago...it takes time and the right admin and staff but it can be done.....

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Part of the reason for that is their new stadium will not be ready until then. So... do the best you can and look forward to {hopefully} playing in :FAU: new stadium in next years game.

I loved doing a dynasty w/ them in '08. Built them up to an ACC team and kicked the crap out of :LSU: in a bowl game! :D

Yeah, someone said something about that sometime these past couple days, about why FAU's new stadium isn't going to be in this years game, about how the construction isn't even done yet and even right now, they are basically on a tight ass schedule to get it ready even before that first home game in the middle of October.

And I definitely can't wait to see that new stadium in NCAA 13. I think FAU has already been named my team to start a dynasty with in NCAA 13 as well as this year, just due to their new stadium.

412Juice716
07-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Well I always have to do a dynasty with my alma matar (University At Buffalo) and my hometown school, (Pitt Panthers)

This year I think I want to do one at Air Force too, those jerseys are just fantastic

stanfordfan1
07-03-2011, 09:32 PM
stanford cal oregon state

Cipher 8
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm starting to lean towards Maryland for a multitude of reasons.

The new uniform options. I like having multiple options at hand and rarely like playing back to back games with the same uniform. I used to play with Oregon for this reason alone actually.
Maryland's Weather. I like playing in snowy conditions and usually choose teams where late in the season it's likely that it will snow. I've played as Maryland before in previous versions and it's snowed.
ACC. I've played a lot in this conference and I really like it. There are some really good teams and some not so good teams so it's got a good balance for me and it's a perfect challenge.
Turtles. Haha how many teams have a turtle as their team's logo and mascot? Plus I live in a town called Turtle Lake.

That being said I fully want to take advantage of the Coaching Carousel so I'll probably start off as a offensive/defensive coordinator at Minnesota [:2star:]. I don't really care for any of the :1star: teams but Minnesota represents a fair challenge and I live in B1G 10 country so naturally I like the conference. From there I'll try to get hired as a head coach at Maryland or some other middle team along my way working up to a elite team like Oregon.