PDA

View Full Version : What is your most anticipated announced NCAA Football 12 feature?

cdj
04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/AlabamaMSUBowlPatch.jpg

It was a full week of NCAA Football 12 information, from Mark Ingram being name cover athlete to all of the Gameplay and Presentation upgrades. Of the announced and confirmed features, which one are you most excited for? Here are the choices:

- Custom Playbooks (Note: No details known, but leaked by several media outlets and confirmed by EA SPORTS)
- Enhanced Tackle and Collision System
- Improved Zone Defenses
- User Controlled Dive Catches
- New Formations & Plays
- Improved Visuals (HDR, Dreads, Bowl Patches, 3D Grass)
- New Stadium Sound Events (Anticipation & Team Entrance)
- New & Enhanced Authentic Team Entrances

To vote, head into our forums and vote in the thread. Only registered and logged-in forum members can vote in site polls and view the poll widget on the front page, so this is a great time to make the plunge and join The Gaming Tailgate!

Kingpin32
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Mine would have to be the improved zone defense.

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
something else might come out later that I find more interesting than some of these things. But I am interested in the tackling system.

Kwizzy
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Enhanced tackle & collision system. Huge improvement to the interactions come with this system.

cdj
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
something else might come out later that I find more interesting than some of these things. But I am interested in the tackling system.

We'll definitely have another poll like this once more/all features are announced. Some of those items may trump features here.

classic
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
the zone defense would have to be the best for me cause i have hated playing ncaa for the past few years because of how dumb the players would be when it came to zone

souljahbill
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Custom playbooks. If I didn't visit forums, I wouldn't even know zone was broken and the tackle animations weren't right. I'm apparently way to easy to please, gameplay-wise.

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Custom playbooks. If I didn't visit forums, I wouldn't even know zone was broken and the tackle animations weren't right. I'm apparently way to easy to please, gameplay-wise.

no,that would make you normal, And the majority.

a lot of the guys here just happen to be football video game idiot-savants.

Solidice
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Thats tough. I voted Custom Playbooks, but improved zone defense is right there with it.

MCdonnieG
04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Improved Tackling and Collision is the best feature for me thus far! It was a close one between IM&C or Improved Zone Defense but I feel that IM&C impacts the overall authenticity/lfeel more so than any other feature. No longer will we have warping during catching,tackling nor blocking! Bring the :popcorn: out folks lets get it ready!!!

jaymo76
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Custom playbooks hands down. Other than formation subs, this was my #1 request since last gen. This will add so much more immersion to the game for me. Finally a PISTOL, I-FORM, SPLIT BACK HYBRID OFFENSE. Now my only remaining MAJOR gripe... FCS schools (please don't respond with teambuilder comments... :)

JBHuskers
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Since CDJ didn't put Mascot Online Dynasty as an option, I went with improved zone D.

razorback44
04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Hands down custom playbooks. Really looking forward to making an offense suited perfectly for my style and not having unused formations in my playbook.

Jayrah
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Tackling/collision will affect the game from a defensive standpoint more than any other feature I think. Locomotion led the way for this from last season, and those 2 adds will take away the arcade style offenses of the past imo. So I voted that. Custom playbooks (especially the way they sound like they are implemented), and REVAMPED zone d are 1b and 1c though. Also I am a HUGE atmosphere guy, so the improved tradition deal and crowd mechanics are going to make this an incredible buy! I can't wait to get it in my console!

Coachdenz
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
custom playbooks (it's something that I have been asking for)

procops1
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
if i dont feel like im into the game i wont play the game. stadium sounds! the roar of the crowd sounded amazing in those vids.

CoreySA
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna go with Zone Coverages. I think defense in NCAA has been a sore spot for the series and anything to improve it is a plus in my books.

All of the improvements sound like good ones though! Very happy with the steps NCAA seems to be taking this year. Hopefully we get some news on improvements to Dynasty/Online Dynasty and RTG modes as well.

JHeb
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Custom playbooks, improved defense, dreads...

CLW
04-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Zone defense. I am sick and tired of 1/2 of the defensive plays being absolutely useless.

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Since CDJ didn't put Mascot Online Dynasty as an option, I went with improved zone D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnBFK2ltNI

psusnoop
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I went with zone defensive improvements.

ArkHogs
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I went with the new Tackling/collision system.. Bring on the low scoring games!! :)

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I went with the new Tackling/collision system.. Bring on the low scoring games!! :)

:up:

jaymo76
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Sounds good... but... I need to see this new system with my own eyes before I drink the kool ade. Does it sound better than it is??? fingers crossed I guess.

Pokes404
04-22-2011, 06:23 PM
New tackling system (although improved zone defense is just behind it). I'm a gameplay first guy and the lack of defense has been an absolute killer for me. These two things will hopefully bring me back to the series, but I still want to see them in action first.

Now if they can make some improvements in the line play, wr/db interactions, and fix the passing speed/trajectories, this game will be a monster.

This is a good start though.

JeffHCross
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Does it sound better than it is??? fingers crossed I guess.It looks better than it sounds, at least. Words can't really do it justice, in my opinion.

Pig Bomb
04-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Custom Playbooks numero uno...but the improved defense could be the best thing to happen to the game in years...as with all changes tot he game we'll have to wait and see how it works out.

champ195797
04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Custom playbooks because I think coaches + custom playbooks = coaching carousel

Adibesee
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Advanced tackling and collision.

Even with the other flaws in prevouis games I would get so annoyed when I wouldn't get a touchdown or an opponent would get hit at full steam and some BS animation would make something that was virtaully impossiable happen.

Hopefully this fixes that.

OSUCowboyofMD
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Custom playbooks because I think coaches + custom playbooks = coaching carousel

Good point

steelerfan
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Gotta go with Zones. That one improvement opens half of your defensive playbook back up.

steelerfan
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
It looks better than it sounds, at least. Words can't really do it justice, in my opinion.

I agree with that. Collisions look great this year. :)

lilheavy
04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Improved zoned defense for me. I am a defensive guy and this will add to the "chess match" aspect of the game.

DariusLock
04-23-2011, 10:36 AM
This game is looking good.

Papa LoneStar
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I went with zone defenses....only because I'm not sure that custom playbooks can be used in online dynastys.

beartide06
04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm going to have to say it is a close race between the tackling/collision system and the zone coverage fix. If they also fixed the trajectory and arc on a ball when it is thrown I think this will also help with defenders not being able to leap and knock down passes even when they are out of position. Great additions overall :up:

Coachdenz
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
online Dynasty Mascot run for the Heisman league..

wait.....

did I let the cat out of the bag?

Kingpin32
04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
online Dynasty Mascot run for the Heisman league..

wait.....

did I let the cat out of the bag?

You just made this a must-buy now.

WolverineJay
04-24-2011, 01:08 AM
I voted for custom playbooks simply because I've been missing them for a few years since I made the jump from the PS2. I love having the ability to put whatever formations I want into my playbooks. I like to run several different offensive styles in my Dynasties to keep the game fresh such as the old school triple option, smashmouth power running, west coast, and my Golden "O" (5 WR sets with some no-huddle and a good amount of QB and WR runs) had to tweak it and use the Missouri playbook for this in NCAA 11, but no more now that we got custom playbooks.

Rudy
04-24-2011, 05:25 AM
A lot of nice options but I have to go with improved zone defense. Nothing worse than calling man to man defense 95% of the time. It gets very boring and unrealistic. Not being able to use zone effectively last year was very frustrating. That said, if they over do zone defense it could make it very frustrating to pass against in NCAA 12.

Please, please, please get the devs to split the pass coverage slider between man and zone coverage. This would be huge! If they don't and the message boards explode with complaints of overdone zone defense this year it will be a huge black eye on the game that could be easily avoided.

souljahbill
04-24-2011, 08:13 AM
A lot of nice options but I have to go with improved zone defense. Nothing worse than calling man to man defense 95% of the time. It gets very boring and unrealistic. Not being able to use zone effectively last year was very frustrating. That said, if they over do zone defense it could make it very frustrating to pass against in NCAA 12.

Please, please, please get the devs to split the pass coverage slider between man and zone coverage. This would be huge! If they don't and the message boards explode with complaints of overdone zone defense this year it will be a huge black eye on the game that could be easily avoided.

I have a feeling it'll be adjusted via Tuner Pack if necessary.

psusnoop
04-24-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree soul, this should all be tunable,.

Iron Dragon
04-24-2011, 08:59 AM
DREADS.

Why? When I was first whisked in to next-gen NCAA, I was heartbroken that there were no dreads in NCAA '10, but I had already purchased the game and decided to keep it. Then I had hundreds of sleepless nights praying that dreads would be in NCAA '11 only to be heartbroken again. I contemplated for days whether or not to get NCAA '11, and had many long nights of thinking.

Now that they are in the game, this game is 20000 times better.

With that being said, Custom Playbooks.

tweety21
04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
hopefully one they'll get in next year...MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CAMERA OPTIONS...smh that they still wont :down:address this

Rudy
04-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I agree soul, this should all be tunable,.

I'm curious how they will use tuning packs this year. I don't think they were used properly last year. Most of them were used in conjunction with a patch which defeats the purpose. The beauty of a tuning pack is that you don't need a patch. Also, it would be nice to be able to choose which tuning pack to apply. For example, if you want more player momentum they could release a tuning file that would make it heavier. They could release a tuning file that boost or reduces zone coverage. You should be able to apply that one as well or not. That would be great. I think the NHL series uses it like this.

Daywalker86
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm excited about all the announcements so far. I still anticipate dynasty improvements the most though.

Cipher 8
04-24-2011, 12:44 PM
The one that'll have the biggest impact is obviously Improved Zone Defenses but my favorite feature and the one I've been wanting for awhile now is 'Custom Playbooks' I don't even need to create my own plays I just want to be able to choose what formations my team runs in their playbook and what plays from that formation. I hope it's better then Maddens though and lets you pick from all schools playbooks not just one. A limit on plays and formations would be fine.

jaymo76
04-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I like the idea of improved ZONES but until I see extended defensive gameplay I will still be somewhat sceptical. That video of the Oregon zone D where the safety jumps the ball and goes up about five feet in the air scares me. Does improved zone translate into past versions of the game (e.g 08 and psychic defenders???). Once we see some footage and play ther demo a bit I will be more comfortable on the subject.

Until then, 100% custom playbooks all the way!

Keontez
04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I went with zone coverages, since none of the 25 new plays contained Army's Wing Bone offense.

Hustleman
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Improved Zone Defense for me

Koach Vonner
05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I have to go with "Custom Playbooks". I have been asking for this for years now

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
its all about the dreads people... when are you going to wake up... DREADS...

on a serious note... Custom Playbooks ive been throwing tantrums in my living room for long enough, and being 31 and rolling around on the floor in front of my kids is kind of embarrassing... so it is nice to be able to actually build my offense nearly true to life... along with my defense Multiple 50 style with a nice smooth even blend of 3-4/3-3-5... thats enough right there to keep me in this game hard core all year long... seriously...

"E"

altonsullivent
05-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Custom Playbooks

rhombic21
05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Improved zone coverage because, if implemented correctly, it will fundamentally change the way the game is played, on both sides of the ball. Custom playbooks is an awesome feature too, as is the *limited* information that has been released about dynasty (custom playbooks and coach carousel).

souljahbill
05-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Improved zone coverage because, if implemented correctly, it will fundamentally change the way the game is played, on both sides of the ball. Custom playbooks is an awesome feature too, as is the *limited* information that has been released about dynasty (custom playbooks and coach carousel).

Next time you get hammered for being Mr. Negative, I'll remember this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgamcbro
05-22-2011, 10:54 AM
custom playbooks sounds great to me and better zones