PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Community Day Events

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/5641005138_4c4380b9e9_o.jpg

EA has posted a blog outlining the Community Events leading up to this year's NCAA Football 12. Read below and let us know what you think.

Every year we bring in community members from around the country to play the upcoming version of the NCAA Football series and provide feedback directly to the development team. Throughout the years, we continued to expand on the events by bringing in more guys earlier in the cycle, and for longer periods of time. This is of the utmost importance to us because we are always looking to incorporate fan feedback in our game to make it the greatest experience possible for our fans. This year has been the best yet!

In December of last year, I reached out to 16 community members including members of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and community members from various fansites, Facebook, Twitter, and the EA SPORTS forums to extend invites to an upcoming community event. The guys did not know what we had in store for them, but they were all very excited and accepted right away. We told the guys to prepare all of their feedback along with what they were seeing in the community and we'd see them in January.

Here's the entire list of attendees:

Chris Jacobs (CDJ)

Jake Stein (JStein2469)

Jeremy Bennett (JBHuskers)

Damon Peterson (MPDamon)

Jeff Setzer (Rynoaid)

Tommy Gschwend (gschwendt)

Anton Bland (AntonB)

Jeff Holycross (JeffHCross)

Matt Kyler (kwizzy)

Matt (steelerfan)

Mike Gillett (Oneback)

Brian Parker (Paakaa10)

Raymond Goode (Shopmaster)

David Johnson (MadScientist)

Dougie Veney (WhoIsDo)

Kevin Vaughn (xROMO_9xwinz)

After the holiday break, we were ready to go. Despite being more than seven months out from release, we brought the guys into the studio on January 10, 2011 to watch the BCS National Championship with the development team and to discuss what the overall look and feel of a college football game should be. We kept the guys in studio for two more days running them through presentations showing off everything that was going to be in NCAA Football 12. Everyone from the Executive Producer to Central Gameplay shared details on the areas of the game that they were working on and the group had the opportunity to provide feedback on the direction and design of the game. The guys were also given over 20 hours of hands on time with the game in its early stages of development.

In February we brought back six guys from the original group to provide feedback on a specific area of the game that was being focused on heavily at that point in time. While I cannot discuss the specifics of that event, I can tell you that the guys were in the studio for three days and were given more than 30 hours of hands on time with the game focusing on that one area. You can imagine how much feedback the development team collected from that outing.

We were back at it again in early March bringing in another group of six of the original 16 community members that we brought in to focus on Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12. Again, I can't get into specifics, but the guys provided a lot of the same feedback that many of you have been providing and the development team was as receptive as ever to the feedback. Like the other smaller focus group, the guys were in studio for three days and were given more than 30 hours of hands on time with NCAA Football 12.

Fast forward to just last week. We brought in 14 members of the original 16 to take another pass at the entire game while we were in the Alpha stage of the gaming cycle so that we could still make major changes to key areas of the game such as gameplay and dynasty. There were other new features in the game that the guys were able to dive into that you'll hear more about down the road. Once again, the entire group was in the studio for three days and everyone was given another 30 hours of hands on time with the game.

For those of you keeping track, we've already allowed everyone that has attended an event to get at least 60 hours of hands on time with the game. There are guys out there that have attended all four events and have logged at least 110 hours with the game. Some are more than 120 hours. The point is, we've provided more access and collected more actionable feedback with NCAA Football 12 than ever before…and we're not done.

All 16 members will be invited back into the studio in May to give one final pass at the game. That means another 30 hours of hands on time for each guy. All told, there will have been at least 1,580 hours logged into providing feedback on NCAA Football 12 before you guys even get your hands on the demo. I can't sit here and say that I know how every one of you is going to react when you play the game, but I can tell you that we've taken another huge step in the direction of incorporating fan feedback directly into the game.

Don't just take my word for it! Look at what some of the guys who attended the event have to say about the improvements coming your way in the gameplay and presentation areas of NCAA Football 12.

Brian "Paakaa10" Parker discusses his Community Event Experience with Exclusive Screens
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?10-NCAA-Football-12-Community-Event-Experience-%28with-Exclusive-Screenshots

Jeff "RynoAid" Setzer breaks down Zone Defense and Tackling at TraditionSportsOnline.com
http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-sports-ncaa-football-2012-hands-on-with-improved-zone-defense-and-new-tackling-engine

Chris "cdj" Jacobs Previews NCAA Football 12 over at The Gaming Tailgate
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?374-The-Gaming-Tailgate-NCAA-Football-12-Preview

David "MadScientist06" Johnson discusses Gameplay and Presentation on MaddenMatrix.com
http://maddenmatrix.com/?p=666

Matt "Kwizzy" Kyler discusses his first trip to the Tiburon Studio over at The Gaming Tailgate
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?11-A-First-Timer%92s-Trip-to-EA-Tiburon

Kevin "xRomo_9winz" Vaughn provides his impressions of NCAA Football 12 on ThrutheUprights.com
http://thrutheuprights.com/i-have-played-ncaa-football12-and-this-is-my-hands-on-impressions/

Michael "OneBack" Gillett breaks down Pattern Reading Zone Defense in NCAA Football 12
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?12-What-is-Pattern-Reading-Zone-Defense

Thanks for your time. As always, I look forward to hearing your feedback. You can reach me on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/EASPORTSNCAAFootball), Twitter (www.Twitter.com/EANCAAFootball), or you can email me with your feedback at EASPORTSNCAAFootballFeedback@ea.com!

Justin Dewiel

Source (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/ncaa-football-12-community-day-events)

MCdonnieG
04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
This is SWEET! I hope to be apart of this influential group some day! Keep up the good work guys and thanks for representing us gamers the way it should be done! :up::up:

Hustleman
04-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Love it!!! I can't wait to hear what you guys thought about the game.:up:

Rudy
04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I didn't realize Jeff, steelerfan and oneback were community guys now. Tons of representation from this site so I demand some intimate details be released!
:)

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I didn't realize Jeff, steelerfan and oneback were community guys now. Tons of representation from this site so I demand some intimate details be released!
:)

:nod: 8 guys total from this site.

CLW
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
:nod: 8 guys total from this site.

Yes we must kidnap the other 8 and keep them here and hold the rest of the online community hostage refusing to give out any good intel except to TGT members. :nod:

xMrHitStickx904
04-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I've always trusted these guys with passing on our concerns and wants, seeing that the majority of us want the same thing and it's paying dividends, good job fellas !

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I've always trusted these guys with passing on our concerns and wants, seeing that the majority of us want the same thing and it's paying dividends, good job fellas !

Thank you sir!

NatureBoy
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
:nod: 8 guys total from this site. :up: That's awesome! I know you guys will make us proud. I wish I knew you guys were going to CD. I would have asked one of you to see about getting Sir Big Spur in the game for us South Carolina Fans. If that mutt from UGA is in the game, so should Sir Big Spur.

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Thank you.

When the news dies down a bit, I'll share some of my thoughts on being new to Community Events, what the devs are really like etc. It's been great to have them be fired up about the feedback that we, and in turn all TGTers, have provided.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
this is all a bit surprising. I thought this place was a little more peripheral because I wasnt getting warned or banned for negative/perceived negative comments.

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
this is all a bit surprising. I thought this place was a little more peripheral because I wasnt getting warned or banned for negative/perceived negative comments.I hope that changes your perspective, then, about there being a connection between having a connection to EA and not allowing negative comments. Because every single one of my comments about being critical and not banning someone for speaking out were said after the experience of these events.

Kwizzy
04-21-2011, 07:30 PM
this is all a bit surprising. I thought this place was a little more peripheral because I wasnt getting warned or banned for negative/perceived negative comments.

Ram, please read my blog post here:
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/entry.php?11-A-First-Timer%92s-Trip-to-EA-Tiburon

I would like to think that it will clear up any concerns you may have like that. Of course, you'll have to take my word for it but I promise everyone who went can attest to it.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope that changes your perspective, then, about there being a connection between having a connection to EA and allowing negative comments. Because every single one of my comments about being critical and not banning someone for speaking out were said after the experience of these events.

well, its all great ! But its also great because this place is more like an in-crowd kind of place than the "high school cafeteria" feel you get at OS. Its kind of funny/cool that I found this place early on.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Ram, please read my blog post here:

I would like to think that it will clear up any concerns you may have like that. Of course, you'll have to take my word for it but I promise everyone who went can attest to it.3

:up: ok, you said allot !....still dont know what they got you for lunch though ? :)

and us city folk have no clue what hunting and fishing is?.......I saw "Deliverence" last night though......nevermind

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
:up: ok, you said allot !....still dont know what they got you for lunch though ? :)
Wed: Barbecue
Thur: Chicken
Fri: fish & chips (answer here will vary since we went out for lunch that day)

Kwizzy
04-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Wed: Barbecue & Chicken

Fixed Wed for ya :D
Friday was a burger for me

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Friday was salmon, shrimp, and yellow rice for me :D

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE

of course they made you wash your hands on Wednesday before getting them
on the controllers.

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Friday was a chicken sandwich for me, but I was coming down with a cold so I ate light :sick:

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Turkey sandwich with bacon and avacado on Friday. Yum!

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM

Friday was a chicken sandwich for me, but I was coming down with a cold so I ate light :sick:

Turkey sandwich with bacon and avacado on Friday. Yum!

Looks like I found the perfect question.

At this rate we're going to have to start a food forum?....actually I would hope not

NatureBoy
04-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I know this is a long shot but did anyone see any South Carolina related news or info you could share?

JBHuskers
04-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I know this is a long shot but did anyone see any South Carolina related news or info you could share?

Kwizzy played with them a lot. I know first hand from the tournament that their WR is a f'n beast.

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
And apparently if you throw 11 interceptions in one game, you'll have a hard time winning (I don't know this first hand, purely second hand).

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
And apparently if you throw 11 interceptions in one game, you'll have a hard time winning (I don't know this first hand, purely second hand).I still think that's an interception per offensive play record.

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
And apparently if you throw 11 interceptions in one game, you'll have a hard time winning (I don't know this first hand, purely second hand).

:D :D :D

Kwizzy
04-21-2011, 11:03 PM

Yeah, I used SCar a lot. I think they are going to be a popular team this year. Great WR & really good HB. Not like you didn't already know that but theyre good in game. Had over 250 yds & 3 tds with the wr against Jb. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:08 PM

the announcer pointing that out would be a nice touch as well if possible ?

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 11:10 PM
the announcer pointing that out would be a nice touch as well if possible ?
Actually... they do. That's something we talked about earlier. If a player has a really good or also a really bad day, there is the possibility of the announcers breaking-in in-between plays to say "wow, he's struggling out there today" or "the defense seems to have his number" and show clips of his interceptions. Or it might come up in the post-halftime conversation, and a little analysis about it.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
[
Actually... they do. That's something we talked about earlier. If a player has a really good or also a really bad day, there is the possibility of the announcers breaking-in in-between plays to say "wow, he's struggling out there today" or "the defense seems to have his number" and show clips of his interceptions. Or it might come up in the post-halftime conversation, and a little analysis about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZ1nvagxT8

Jayrah
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Wow. That's just a ridiculous amount of hours.

steelerfan
04-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Wow. That's just a ridiculous amount of hours.

Yes, it is. Justin Dewiel was doing the math at lunch last Friday after we read souljah's post guessing that the community wouldn't be able to have an impact this year. :D

NatureBoy
04-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I used SCar a lot. I think they are going to be a popular team this year. Great WR & really good HB. Not like you didn't already know that but theyre good in game. Had over 250 yds & 3 tds with the wr against Jb. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using TapatalkThanks for the info. You too JB. Sounds like my man Alshon Jeffery will be my go to guy again this year. Marcus Lattimore was a beast at HB and he wasn't even a starter in the game. I can't wait to see him tear it up in 12.