PDA

View Full Version : Question: If I get a new PS3, Can I not go online with my used NCAA 11?

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Trying to google answer but having a little trouble haha

besides ,someone here might know a work around?

if I get a new PS3 can i not go online with my used NCAA 11 unless I pay a fee or something ? I cant remember.

and with a new PS3- do I have to make a new persona and use a new email or it will tellme its already in use?

No , I cant transfer info because my my old ps3 is still not fixed.

gschwendt
04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
You should be fine to go online because the redemption code is tied to your username, not your specific console.

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I went through that in December. IIRC, i re-downloaded my passes through my download history in the PlayStation store.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
I went through that in December. IIRC, i re-downloaded my passes through my download history in the PlayStation store.

? with a new ps3, how do you see your old history ? and if I get there, how do you re-download?

sorry if this seems like i'm not thinking for myself, but if I've never done it, I would like a thorough explanation please.

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Your history is tied to your profile. When you get your new system, sign in under your old profile, Go to the PS store, and your history is there. You can re-download all your DLC from there. It will make sense when you get your new system. Once you have your new system, we can go into more detail if necessary.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Your history is tied to your profile. When you get your new system, sign in under your old profile, Go to the PS store, and your history is there. You can re-download all your DLC from there. It will make sense when you get your new system. Once you have your new system, we can go into more detail if necessary.

ok...in my yahoo mail the playstation store ads recognise me as fullback29 . But I remember when you first get your ps3 You put in some initial name that I cant really (may not be able to remember) it was 1ram29jacks I think . Do you understand what I mean ?

and thanks for the input so far !

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure, but you should be good with fullback29, I'd guess.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure, but you should be good with fullback29, I'd guess.

but you understand what I mean,right? when you got your new one in December and had to go through the whole set up etc. You dont remember putting in some additional name in the beginning ?....tried to do a little research but guess what? the Playstation store is down right now hardy har har

psusnoop
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
You can put any name in first if I'm not mistaken. The key is the logging into playstation network.

I OU a Beatn
04-21-2011, 12:26 PM
At the very beginning of setup, you have to put in a name. That name means absolutely nothing. It's just the local name of the profile on your PS3. It can be whatever. The actual information is tied to the email address and password you signed up with for the PSN, so you'll definitely need that. Once you log in, you just go to the Playstation Network tab, Account Management, Transaction Management, Download History, and all your stuff is there to be downloaded at your leisure.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
At the very beginning of setup, you have to put in a name. That name means absolutely nothing. It's just the local name of the profile on your PS3. It can be whatever. The actual information is tied to the email address and password you signed up with for the PSN, so you'll definitely need that. Once you log in, you just go to the Playstation Network tab, Account Management, Transaction Management, Download History, and all your stuff is there to be downloaded at your leisure.

o k,thanks...I hope I remember password...I can figure that out on my pc at the playstation online store I hope....?

i'm still thinking about doing this now or waiting...I just really got to liking the whole football and ncaa video game thing and miss it haha

JeffHCross
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
o k,thanks...I hope I remember password...I can figure that out on my pc at the playstation online store I hope....?Yes, you can. When PSN is up again (it's not today, so I'm not sure if this will work), go to http://us.playstation.com/ and click Sign In at the top for Playstation Network. I think it has a Forgot My Password link there -- if not, there's somewhere in there that can recover your password. As long as you can sign in through the web, you'll be able to know your password.

ram29jackson
04-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, you can. When PSN is up again (it's not today, so I'm not sure if this will work), go to http://us.playstation.com/ and click Sign In at the top for Playstation Network. I think it has a Forgot My Password link there -- if not, there's somewhere in there that can recover your password. As long as you can sign in through the web, you'll be able to know your password.

:up: that finally crossed my mind as well

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 11:02 PM
that damn store is never -up-

cdj
04-22-2011, 11:08 PM
PSN is down and it sounds like it was due to hackers. It may be down for days.

ram29jackson
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
PSN is down and it sounds like it was due to hackers. It may be down for days.

:( hopefully, I remember what it was /is?

ram29jackson
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
ok,well, waiting on this whole PSN problem. But when setting up my PS3 I realized one thing that I completely forgot that you can all laugh at me about.
In my want to get a taste of the NCAA experience before the new game comes out. I forgot that my copy of NCAA 11 is still- STUCK INSIDE MY YLOD'd PS3 ! And I cant seem to find a local independent computer repair place that fixes PS3's ?

I have yet to live my dream of playing Mr. Ark State ( sure, its number 50 on really important stuff I need to do, but , darnit)

at least I got a $50 gift certificate that I can use when game comes out......

and I read the instructions- unplug PS3 when not using for long periods

I OU a Beatn
04-27-2011, 12:34 AM
If you still have it, take it apart unless you plan on sending it in or something. After removing the top casing and the top of the bluray drive, you should just be able to pull the disc right out from the top. It's not like it's going to hurt anything if you don't plan on doing anything with it.

There's other temporary methods to get the disc out. Youtube them and you'll find various ways to revive your PS3 long enough to get the disc out and transfer any needed data.

psuexv
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Typically your password is the same as your password for your email.... At least that's what they ask you for when you originally set things up. But you should have probably changed your email password since then.