PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Pre-order Bonuses

cdj
04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUCelebrate.jpg

EB Games/GameStop have posted their pre-order bonus for NCAA Football 12. Straight from their product page (http://www.ebgames.com/xbox-360/games/ncaa-football-2012/89429#bonusFeatures):

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Will this bonus make you more likely to pre-order the game from EB Games or GameStop?

Also on their product page is this brief game description confirming another team specific entrance - Oklahoma's Sooner Schooner:

Authentic Gameday Traditions - Feel the true emotion of college football as your team runs onto the field with new pre-game traditions like the Sooner Schooner and Ramblin' Wreck, and celebrate big plays alongside school icons like Chief Osceola, Uga, and Tommy Trojan.
Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.

UPDATE: Amazon, Best Buy, & Wal-Mart have posted their pre-order bonuses as well.

Pre-order NCAA Football 12 and get the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide, which is your handbook for the most essential offensive and defensive plays. Discover how and when to use a run play or explore the short, intermediate, and deep passing routes on offense. Understand how different types of plays work, be able to read coverages, and take advantage of everything that NCAA Football 12 has to offer. The guide will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

The Best Buy pre-order bonus:

Exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks (Road to Glory): Your Five Star Quarterback can go from unknown to the most sought-after prospect in the nation. The top schools in the country aren't going to look your way if you are not an elite prospect. While supplies last, when you order NCAA Football 12, you will get a code to access the Best Buy exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks. Access code will arrive in the package with the game.

The Wal-Mart pre-order bonus:

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Wal-Mart's exclusive Recruiting Advisor. In Dynasty your Recruiting Advisor will give you inside information about some of the Prospects you are recruiting. Each week he will point out Prospects that you earn double Recruiting points with, have extra pitch information unlocked, or even be ready to sign with your school on the spot.

Jayrah
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
The bonus doesn't make it more likely, but I'm gonna do it! Does this mean we would have to buy the unis for these teams otherwise?

Jayrah
04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
[CENTER][IMG]
Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.
[/LIST]

So it can't be done they said. Well, here ya go!

cdj
04-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Links to pics of the five pre-order Pro-Combat uniforms:

Boise State (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#uniform?id=boise)
TCU (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#uniform?id=tcu)
Ohio State (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#uniform?id=ohio_state)
Pittsburgh (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#uniform?id=pitt)
Virginia Tech (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#uniform?id=virginia_tech)

mundo
04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
If I am Gary Patterson I think I would feel the strong urge to kick someone at EA in the junk. That looks like John Daly in purple.

;)

ArkHogs
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Enhanced tackling engine! YES. Should improve defense.

morsdraconis
04-19-2011, 09:43 PM
WTF?! You get everyone's from last year but WVU's!?

ram29jackson
04-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Enhanced tackling engine! YES. Should improve defense.

what the heck does enhanced tackling engine really mean anyway ? just a fancy term for a posible slight tweak ?

cdj
04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
WTF?! You get everyone's from last year but WVU's!?

Actually there's another five missing: Miami, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon State, Alabama (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries2010#landing)

ArkHogs
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
what the heck does enhanced tackling engine really mean anyway ? just a fancy term for a posible slight tweak ?

"momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact."
I'm hoping it means no more 200 pound backs trucking a 300 pound lineman.

blackice8181
04-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I wonder if they'll include the team-specific pro combat nike vapors...

JeffHCross
04-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I do not like tying in any of the Pro-Combats with pre-order. Hopefully it'll be DLC for the rest of us.

morsdraconis
04-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I do not like tying in any of the Pro-Combats with pre-order. Hopefully it'll be DLC for the rest of us.

Why must it be DLC? Just include it in the freakin' game! It's this day 1 DLC shit that just makes me hate console gaming that much more. And now it's starting to creep into PC gaming with fuckin' Steam. Fuck you Micro$oft for coming up with the damn idea!

HWill
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Why must it be DLC? Just include it in the freakin' game! It's this day 1 DLC shit that just makes me hate console gaming that much more. And now it's starting to creep into PC gaming with fuckin' Steam. Fuck you Micro$oft for coming up with the damn idea!

+1000000000000

gschwendt
04-19-2011, 10:47 PM
IMO, "dress-up" DLC is perfectly fine whether it's Steam, EA, or whomever. So long as I'm not missing out on the experience that the game wants to deliver, then I'm OK.

JeffHCross
04-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Why must it be DLC?Because if it's a Pre-Order Bonus, than you can guarantee that it won't be in the game. I'm just hoping for the best with the cards we're dealt, mors. Obviously swapping in another deck would be my preference too, but the dealer's likely to notice.

psusnoop
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I have viewed it as if u want it you buy if not don't. Just as long as it doesn't change the way the game plays.

ram29jackson
04-19-2011, 11:06 PM
SEE, this is how dumb i am ....I thought you/it meant pre order the game and get a replica jersey of choice..it doesnt fully explain that at all.

pre order game to get jerseys in game is just stupid beyond belief. Just put the jerseys in the game since its 60 bucks a pop to begin with.

You already pulled the-cant play online unless game is new crap....

ArkHogs
04-19-2011, 11:23 PM
At least you don't have to pay extra. Just earlier.

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 11:31 PM
SEE, this is how dumb i am ....I thought you/it meant pre order the game and get a replica jersey of choice.

Wow. Really?

cdj
04-19-2011, 11:32 PM
I hope they will be available for purchase as many times the pre-order bonuses for games never show up for the general populace to buy. (Granted, I would like them to be free or attached to the demo like last year, but if not the option should exist for all to attain.)

ram29jackson
04-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Wow. Really?

yes, really,..thats not such a stretch with free dvds and free baseball caps type offers.

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 11:54 PM
yes, really,..thats not such a stretch with free dvds and free baseball caps type offers.

Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms.

I don't see "jersey" anywhere in that statement. Instead, I see "uniforms". Did you think they were giving pants, helmets, socks, shoes, and gloves away too? :P

Also, I figured the use of the word "and", between "Pittsburgh" and "Virginia Tech", instead of "or" suggests you get them ALL. That's a lot of free gear for reserving a $60 game so - yeah - I thought it was a stretch. :D

ram29jackson
04-20-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't see "jersey" anywhere in that statement. Instead, I see "uniforms". Did you think they were giving pants, helmets, socks, shoes, and gloves away too? :P

Also, I figured the use of the word "and", between "Pittsburgh" and "Virginia Tech", instead of "or" suggests you get them ALL. That's a lot of free gear for reserving a $60 game so - yeah - I thought it was a stretch. :D

honestly, I thought it ment choice of one of the 4 till I read further. Just the jersey- I dont need the pants ...how about a mini helmet though ?

SmoothPancakes
04-20-2011, 12:54 AM
honestly, I thought it ment choice of one of the 4 till I read further. Just the jersey- I dont need the pants ...how about a mini helmet though ?

Hey, the pants can be nice to have! I got hooked up with a full Navy uniform (jersey and pants) from one of my bosses at work last November, to go along with my full size, actual Navy game helmet that I got two or so years ago. It is badass to look at. And if I did my research correctly, I want to believe the full uniform I have right now is from the 2008 Army-Navy game.

Here's a pic of the uni I got:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5336/1119001725a.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/1119001725a.jpg/)

Plus when you think about it, how often do you find actual game pants for sale somewhere? If you know the right people, know where to look, or if the university holds auctions (Navy will auction off game worn jerseys every now and then for charity and other stuff), you can easily track down a jersey. Pants are a bit harder to obtain, so it makes getting them that much sweeter.

And while I'm thinking of, that jersey may be getting a brother soon. The same guy that my boss got the above jersey and pants from, emailed him a couple weeks ago with a picture of another Navy jersey that he currently has, this one from this past season's Army-Navy game, with the unit patches they wore on the jerseys still sewn onto it. I don't think there were any pants with this new jersey, but the unit patches alone being on it, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

ram29jackson
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey, the pants can be nice to have! I got hooked up with a full Navy uniform (jersey and pants) from one of my bosses at work last November, to go along with my full size, actual Navy game helmet that I got two or so years ago. It is badass to look at.

Here's a pic of the uni I got:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5336/1119001725a.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/1119001725a.jpg/)

that is pretty interesting.

Those Navy uniforms are cool. I wanted to use navy in the video game just to use those uniforms because they are quite unique . But avoided it because of the weaker player ratings and never could utilize that playbook...it will be a minor hobby of mine to play a game online with every single team at least once next year. See all the stadiums, the various uniforms and simply,... just because.

xMrHitStickx904
04-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, i'll pre-order the game, (even though i'll have it early), then take it right back lol.

CLW
04-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Nope awaits pre-order special from Amazon for $10-$25 off and some other DLC perk.

AustinWolv
04-20-2011, 07:12 AM
That bonus sucks. Don't care about it. I just want the game, not uniforms that should be in the game.

cdj
04-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Here is Amazon's pre-order bonus:

Pre-order NCAA Football 12 and get the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide, which is your handbook for the most essential offensive and defensive plays. Discover how and when to use a run play or explore the short, intermediate, and deep passing routes on offense. Understand how different types of plays work, be able to read coverages, and take advantage of everything that NCAA Football 12 has to offer. The guide will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

souljahbill
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Guess I'll be getting it from GameStop.

SmoothPancakes
04-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Guess I'll be getting it from GameStop.

Same. Only way I'd go with Amazon with that craptastic preorder offer is if/when it ends up with a $20 or $25 credit.

CLW
04-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Amazon usually throws in anywhere from $10-$25 credit closer to release. I'll just wait for one of those deals and jump on it. To me the extra $10-$25 is worth more than some alternate unis. Moreover, I would suspect if I really wanted the extra uniforms I will be able to purchase them as DLC. If all of the extra uniforms are more than $5 I would LMAO and say forget it.

oweb26
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/TCUCelebrate.jpg

[/LIST][/I]

What I really hope this means is my A+ strength and tackling DT does not get thrown off by a pocket QB even though he came straight on. I would really like to Nich Fairley some QB's though.

Also does the different coach size mean custom coaches? Coaches have been pretty generic this generation havent they?

JBHuskers
04-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Granted uniforms shouldn't be DLC, they're definitely nothing to get all worked up about...they are....uniforms.

coogrfan
04-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Since I am of the opinion that the entire Pro Combat marketing campaign is silly this doesn't effect me in the least.

oweb26
04-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Since I am of the opinion that the entire Pro Combat marketing campaign is silly this doesn't effect me in the least.

I share your exact level of excitement.

coogrfan
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Uniwatch's Paul Lukas perfectly articulated my thoughts on this subject prior to last season:

the whole Pro Combat program is so silly, trying to critique it via conventional standards seems pointless. Making a big fuss over it would just further legitimize it. I prefer to think that Nike’s approach here (i.e., corporate lifestyle branding masquerading as team branding, and merchandising masquerading as school spirit) pretty much speaks for itself

JBHuskers
04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
What would you guys consider to be a good pre-order bonus?

oweb26
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Ability to have a bigger roster, not sure how that woudl work but it would be awesome non the less.

cdj
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM

- Physical items such as a poster of the game's cover or maybe a free hat like MLB: The Show has done recently
- In terms of DLC, I'd like to see old school stadiums such as the Orange Bowl, Pitt Stadium

SpreadOption
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Cool, was gonna pre-order anyway cuz me and a couple friends have had a midnight release tradition going for a few years now.

I'm actually a uni-fan. The more the merrier. I usually pick dynasty teams based on unis.

JBHuskers
04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I think a good pre-order bonus would maybe be a blu-ray (or DVD for the 360 guys) of the past NCAA Football Season in review

psusnoop
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Cool, was gonna pre-order anyway cuz me and a couple friends have had a midnight release tradition going for a few years now.

I'm actually a uni-fan. The more the merrier. I usually pick dynasty teams based on unis.

Welcome to the boards SpreadOption and congrats on your first post!!

JB I like that idea, that would be fun to watch. CDJ, old school stadiums would be sweet too.

coogrfan
04-20-2011, 11:30 AM

I'm not saying these are necessarily bad, they just don't do anything for me. Now if they were handing out additional TB slots...

EDIT: old school stadiums would be awesome as well.

coogrfan
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
An interesting post on this subject over at OS:

my $60 bucks SHOULD EQUATE to PRO-COMBAT UNIs without having to preorder that ish! like i said before, i hate gamestop, and will never support them. PLUS, i get my game a week early at a swapmeet. wtf EA.

I smiled when I read that...until I started to think about it.

If you wanted to encourage people to avoid retailers who sell the game early, can you think of a better way to do so than by making uni's than many people consider highly desirable an exclusive of the one company that never, ever breaks street dates?

souljahbill
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm not one to say what my $60 pays for. I would think my $60 pays for the home and away uniforms and anything besides that is just a bonus but it appears that I'm in the minority thinking that.

steelerfan
04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd rather see pre-order bonuses that give you something tangible (hat, poster, blue ray). I'm not a fan of getting more/less game based on when/where I bought it.

Capt Orygun
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
"If it's in the game... it's in the game"***

*** Getting it in your game subject to retail pre-order. Certain features will only be made available to areas with high retail sales or campuses from which EA employees attended college. Terms and restrictions may apply. A successful season may not directly lead to a higher roster ratings for the same reasons listed above. Playing online might lead to increased heart rate, stress, and feelings of anger.

Rudy
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
"momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact."
I'm hoping it means no more 200 pound backs trucking a 300 pound lineman.

I'm hoping weight is a completely random generated number that has almost no impact. The weight of the recruits should be tied to the attributes of the player - at least loosely. After looking at a full recruit of players from the PC guys, the weight was 100% random. It makes no sense to have a 180 power back and 230 pound quick backs. OL and DL would have random generated abilities and a weight that would have NOTHING to do with them. They have to tie recruit weights to ratings to a degree.

CLW
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM

#1 a < $60 price tag.

#2 the ability to commish as many ODs as you want - mostly so i just can commish my own OD and run my offline dynasty as an OD as well.

JBHuskers
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
#1 a < $60 price tag.

#2 the ability to commish as many ODs as you want - mostly so i just can commish my own OD and run my offline dynasty as an OD as well.

#2 is a really good one.

CLW
04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
#2 is a really good one.

Meh. I've always been more of a bottom line guy. If Amazon gives me $10-$25 bucks off I'll go that route. I've never purchased any DLC as I just figure if there isn't enough game at full retail price I probably shouldn't have bought the game.

That being said little "silly" things like the Augusta Putter I got for TW are o.k. but in the end my decision making process is largely determined by $

AustinWolv
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
#1 a < $60 price tag.

I like this one.

Dr Death
04-22-2011, 09:43 AM
-
- In terms of DLC, I'd like to see old school stadiums such as the Orange Bowl, Pitt Stadium

I was just going to post this. The Orange Bowl has been torn down to make room for the new Marlins stadium, so I rather doubt anyone owns the rights to the Orange Bowl now since it's... you know... no longer in existence. If the Orange Bowl were in Team Builder that would be my stadium. Would also love to see Arrowhead Stadium back in the game because MU and KU play there every year and ISU played KSU there last year and that's another stadium that could be added to TB.

gschwendt
04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
BestBuy has a pre-order bonus up on their website, presumably relating to Road to Glory:

Exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks

Your Five Star Quarterback can go from unknown to the most sought-after prospect in the nation. The top schools in the country aren't going to look your way if you are not an elite prospect.

While supplies last, when you order NCAA Football 12, you will get a code to access the Best Buy exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks. Access code will arrive in the package with the game.

As well, this description of the game is included

Synopsis
Saturday. To some, it's a day off from work, a day to sleep in, a day to kick back. For you, Saturday is what you train for all week. It's the day that defines whether you'll be celebrated as the new hero of the campus — or the biggest letdown in town. The day when your most heated rival will be laid to rest — or trample on your pride. It's gameday. And in the fierce world of college football, it's more than just a game — it's a way of life. Do you have what it takes to go back to school and bring glory to your campus on the field?

Climb into your school colors and hit the stadium for the most authentic college football experience yet in NCAA Football 12. This year, the traditions are more intense, the celebrations are rowdier and the school pride has never been so real. Live the pain, glory, action and grit of Saturday any day of the week as you take the competition to the 50-yard line against your fiercest rivals. Make an impact on the field as you lead your team down the road to the National Championship and learn what old-school football glory really means.

Features
Feel the hits, experience the thrills and revel in the glory of college football
Suit up in the college colors of your choice and take the field as a NCAA athlete in the most authentic college football experience to date
Enhanced in-game presentation brings the excitement of Saturday's game to life with all-new traditions and school-specific crowd celebrations
Take on your school's most heated rival in intense matchups
Go for the glory on the road to the National Championship
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Football+12+-+PlayStation+3/2340414.p?id=1218321173226&skuId=2340414&st=ncaa%20football%2012&lp=1&cp=1

ram29jackson
04-25-2011, 02:50 PM
BestBuy has a pre-order bonus up on their website, presumably relating to Road to Glory:

while this may be true. It just seems so very silly

Jayrah
04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I wonder if it's worth it to wait for more preorder bonuses. I mean if everyone has a bonus, shouldn't you wait to preorder until you know which bonus would be most worth it?

Rudy
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm interested in buying a digital download if it means getting it early. I don't care if I couldn't trade it in as I get less than $10 the next year anyway. Getting the game early would be sweet.

Kingpin32
04-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm interested in buying a digital download if it means getting it early. I don't care if I couldn't trade it in as I get less than $10 the next year anyway. Getting the game early would be sweet.
If I had a big enough hard drive, I would be more interested in that too. As cool as it is to have the case, all the cases I have laying around are more suspectable to getting crushed.

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Wal-Mart is offering Recruiting Advisor as a bonus

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstation-3-Greatest-Hits-Bundle/15833878

Recruiting advisor sounds more useful then the recruiting thing you got last year where all you could see was the amount of time other schools were calling the same recruit.

gschwendt
05-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Recruiting advisor sounds more useful then the recruiting thing you got last year where all you could see was the amount of time other schools were calling the same recruit.
Recruiting Advisor was one of the PDLC time-savers from last year... I think it would tell you which players are "pink diamonds" and also instant commits but not certain.

CLW
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Well to date I'd say Wallyworld has the best pre-order. #1 its the cheapest. #2 it has the best DLC perk IMHO. Still holding out hope for a $20 credit from Amazon.

souljahbill
05-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Well to date I'd say Wallyworld has the best pre-order. #1 its the cheapest. #2 it has the best DLC perk IMHO. Still holding out hope for a $20 credit from Amazon.

Yeah, I was going to preorder from Amazon (for price) and GameStop (for bonus), and just return the unopened copy to GameStop but I'll probably do Wal-Mart and GameStop now. I did Wal-Mart last year too, if I remember correctly, and got it a day or 2 early. I remember taking a pic of me being the #1 Southern Miss player in the world when I checked the Season Showdown leaderboard. I'm #8 now, I think.

jaymo76
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you had to buy a new recruiting advisor EACH season? In other words, does this offer mean you get one free season or is it free for as long as you own the game???

gschwendt
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you had to buy a new recruiting advisor EACH season? In other words, does this offer mean you get one free season or is it free for as long as you own the game???
The PDLC timesavers are permanent... you don't have to repurchase them (except when the new game comes out).

Cipher 8
05-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Amazon usually has good preorder bonuses but damn this one is such a fail... Looks like I'll have to go with Gamestop.

Cipher 8
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh and does the Recruiting Advisor really mean it's "exclusive" to Wal-Mart? Because that's bullshit if it is. Talk about unfair advantage. Last year you could purchase that, and I did. Hope this year I can too and I hope they give you an option when and when not to use it. Though I think that one is sorta good. I like knowing when certain players have a 2X bonus so I can take advantage of it by calling them 60 minutes, 6 topics and get max points.

cdj
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Oh and does the Recruiting Advisor really mean it's "exclusive" to Wal-Mart? Because that's bullshit if it is. Talk about unfair advantage. Last year you could purchase that, and I did. Hope this year I can too and I hope they give you an option when and when not to use it. Though I think that one is sorta good. I like knowing when certain players have a 2X bonus so I can take advantage of it by calling them 60 minutes, 6 topics and get max points.

Since that has been PDLC the last few years, I'd assume you can still buy this one. I'd be surprised if not.

JeffHCross
05-05-2011, 09:36 PM
The vast majority of pre-order "bonuses", for the vast majority of games, are at least eventually available as Paid DLC in the future. I would guess that the "exclusive" part of Wal-Mart's announcement is that they're the only ones that will be giving that pre-order bonus. I would expect to see it available as DLC, at least at some point, just based on current trends in the game industry.

Cipher 8
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah thanks guys, that sounds about right.
#1 a < $60 price tag.

#2 the ability to commish as many ODs as you want - mostly so i just can commish my own OD and run my offline dynasty as an OD as well. This would be awesome. I think there is a way to do this by purchasing it but like the 5star Quarterback thing, which is also purchasable, it would be a nice preorder bonus if free from a certain place. I would definitely go with that then as I usually do a couple OD's a year and for some reason I'm always asked to host them, prob. because everyone is already hosting their one online dyn.

ram29jackson
05-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm paying enough money for the game, dont tell me to pre order to get certain uniforms, thats just stupid.

razorback44
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
So will we still get that code with new games to unlock the online play for free again this year or is everyone going to have to start paying for that now?

Paakaa10
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
So will we still get that code with new games to unlock the online play for free again this year or is everyone going to have to start paying for that now?

The "Online Pass" program is supposed to be a yearly thing; if you buy the game new, it'll have the code in-box that you need to unlock all of the online stuff at no further cost. If you buy a used copy of the game, then you'll need to spend whatever it costs for an "Online Pass" of your own.

razorback44
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
The "Online Pass" program is supposed to be a yearly thing; if you buy the game new, it'll have the code in-box that you need to unlock all of the online stuff at no further cost. If you buy a used copy of the game, then you'll need to spend whatever it costs for an "Online Pass" of your own.
Sounds good, thanks for the quick response!

Paakaa10
05-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the quick response!

No problem; the "Online Pass" deal is a bit confusing, I'll admit, but as long as you're buying a new copy of the game you'll never be inconvenienced by it beyond inputting the "Online Pass" code when you first boot up the game. It's only when you purchase used that it starts to affect you directly in terms of requiring extra money.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart.

Jayrah
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Anyone know what the most likely early arrival is out of these preorders?

gschwendt
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Amazon usually offers release day shipping for $.99

DariusLock
05-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Combat Uni's should be in the game no matter what. EA change your motto cause "If it's in the game...it's in the game." Obviously doesn't fit anymore lol.

gschwendt
05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Combat Uni's should be in the game no matter what. EA change your motto cause "If it's in the game...it's in the game." Obviously doesn't fit anymore lol.
That's actually no longer their motto... hasn't been for quite some time. It is instead just "It's in the game".

DariusLock
05-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Well dang it...it's not in the game. I started skipping the EA loading screen a few years back :(.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 03:47 PM

I got it a day early last year from Wal-Mart. They also have release day shipping for $0.97.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaymo76
05-07-2011, 03:52 PM

So is the recruiting advisor that good? I have NEVER paid for DLC services so I have never used things such as recruiting advisor.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 05:20 PM
So is the recruiting advisor that good? I have NEVER paid for DLC services so I have never used things such as recruiting advisor.

I don't know. I've never bought it either but I'd rather have that then uniforms for teams I'll never play as or a strategy guide I'll never look at. I do know that recruiting advisor gives you inside information on recruits (like, you should put this kid on your board because he'll sign with you or you should look at this kid because he's a "diamond in the rough" type of player).

jaymo76
05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't know. I've never bought it either but I'd rather have that then uniforms for teams I'll never play as or a strategy guide I'll never look at. I do know that recruiting advisor gives you inside information on recruits (like, you should put this kid on your board because he'll sign with you or you should look at this kid because he's a "diamond in the rough" type of player).

Yeah, I can see what you're saying. Maybe I will look at Wal Mart as well???

Kansacity88
05-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Meh....I dont play with those teams anyway....although I DID pre-order it from Gamestop....but the guy at Gamestop told me that if I pre-oredered it, (like I usually do anyway) there would be new stadiums and crap.....I SWEAR thats what he said! I guess HE knows not what he speaks of! Like I said, it dont matter to me....let them have those jerseys....I will be kickin their asses in those OR their regulars....it dont matter to me. Like the poster stated above....I just like paying earlier!

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah Gamestop's employees do not equal knowledge of what is what.

AustinWolv
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
So what do y'all think is the best place to pre-order in order to get it ASAP? I've just done the midnight thing the past couple years once my early content copy setup went away.....

For me, midnight pick-up is better than waiting on release day for some delivery service to drop it off....

gschwendt
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
So what do y'all think is the best place to pre-order in order to get it ASAP? I've just done the midnight thing the past couple years once my early content copy setup went away.....

For me, midnight pick-up is better than waiting on release day for some delivery service to drop it off....
Just do like souljahbill... pre-order from both Gamestop and Amazon. Use the Gamestop copy for Pro Combat uniforms and the itch from midnight to delivery and then return it and keep the Amazon copy for the likely discount. :)

souljahbill
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM

Just do like souljahbill... pre-order from both Gamestop and Amazon. Use the Gamestop copy for Pro Combat uniforms and the itch from midnight to delivery and then return it and keep the Amazon copy for the likely discount. :)

Sho' 'nuff! Except substitute Wal-mart for Amazon (Wal-Mart has the more desirable pre-order bonus and I got it a day early last year).

If my Wal-Mart copy doesn't arrive on Monday again, I'll get my GameStop copy at midnight, and when my Wal-Mart copy does arrive on Tuesday, I'll bring that unopened copy back to GameStop and get a full refund (of course, keeping my Pro-Combat code).

Jayrah
05-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Hmmm, options abound here... I wonder if hastings = gamestop, since I don't have a gamestop in my area. Prolly not....

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 07:55 PM

That's exactly what I did with Gears of War 3 :D pre-order on Amazon for $20 credit....pre-order at Gamestop to get in the beta.

Jayrah
05-10-2011, 04:49 AM
I am interested in uniforms right about now. Need to know whats in and out for a preorder.

AustinWolv
05-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Sho' 'nuff! Except substitute Wal-mart for Amazon (Wal-Mart has the more desirable pre-order bonus and I got it a day early last year).

If my Wal-Mart copy doesn't arrive on Monday again, I'll get my GameStop copy at midnight, and when my Wal-Mart copy does arrive on Tuesday, I'll bring that unopened copy back to GameStop and get a full refund (of course, keeping my Pro-Combat code).
Cool, sounds like a plan.

Walmart shows estimated delivery of Tue 7/19/11 to Thu 7/21/11. :rolleyes:
They put it like that last year?

souljahbill
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM

I don't remember. They have release date delivery for $.97.

Jayrah
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM

That's prolly because it's assuming (because of the preorder date) your order would ship on release day, which is probably not the case. I preordered last year as well and I thought it was gonna be 3-5 days after release. I got it on release day.

JBHuskers
05-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't remember. They have release date delivery for $.97.

To all of the companies that use this..... :clap:

AustinWolv
05-10-2011, 01:52 PM
They have release date delivery for $.97.
Yeah, I dug seeing that.

That's prolly because it's assuming (because of the preorder date) your order would ship on release day, which is probably not the case. I preordered last year as well and I thought it was gonna be 3-5 days after release. I got it on release day.
Cool, thanks.

ram29jackson
05-10-2011, 11:44 PM
I got a Best Buy gift certificate, so I have to stick with that one

CLW
05-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Man starting to think Amazon may not sweeten the pot with $15 - $20 credit. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Eh, give it some time, it's still early. L.A. Noire didn't get bumped up to a $15 credit until this past weekend, and it gets released next Tuesday. We'll see something pop up for NCAA eventually.

Jayrah
05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
yeah they try and get you to preorder at regular price as long as they can. Eventually a deal will go down.

cdj
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Confirmed on developer uStream chat:

- Half of Pro-Combats available via demo, half via GameStop pre-order. However, those uniforms will be made available to everyone at a later date.

JBHuskers
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Confirmed on developer uStream chat:

- Half of Pro-Combats available via demo, half via GameStop pre-order. However, those uniforms will be made available to everyone at a later date.

And also, all Pro Combats from last year are already going to be in the game without having to use the demo or pre-order.

CLW
05-16-2011, 01:58 PM
And also, all Pro Combats from last year are already going to be in the game without having to use the demo or pre-order.

EA should have made dreads DLC they would have made a killing (or made those guys go postal leading to violence in the streets of Orlando) :nod:

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm starting to think my top two preorder bonuses (outside of the obvious cash) would be 1) OD slots 2) a blu-ray/DVD recap of the 2010 season.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm starting to think my top two preorder bonuses (outside of the obvious cash) would be 1) OD slots 2) a blu-ray/DVD recap of the 2010 season.

I approve. :nod:

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 12:35 AM

Yeah jerseys and boosts just don't cut it for me. Though I think the Pro Combat Unis are pretty cool. Just shouldn't be a pre-order bonus.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 12:35 AM

Oh by the way, check the Anything Thread in about a minute ;)

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah jerseys and boosts just don't cut it for me. Though I think the Pro Combat Unis are pretty cool. Just shouldn't be a pre-order bonus.

Yeah, the unis should be included outright in the game, if anything, unlockable solely through the demo. The OD slots I really like. Like last year, I want to try and do a single player OD just so I can take advantage of Dynasty Wire (depending on the changes made to it this year) and use it to expand on my dynasty. But then that ruins my chance to possibly commish a dynasty with some friends or something. So OD slots I definitely agree on. Even the DVD/Blu-Ray would be sweet, just to have as a year in review of the previous season and see some of the highlights that you might not have seen before.

Oh by the way, check the Anything Thread in about a minute ;)

I said it in the Anything Thread, and I'll say it again, I hate you! :D

hawkeyeguy
05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Is it smarter to pre-order a game if you plan on showing up to a midnight release event? What I'm saying is if I don't pre-order but show up is there a chance they could be sold out?

CLW
05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Is it smarter to pre-order a game if you plan on showing up to a midnight release event? What I'm saying is if I don't pre-order but show up is there a chance they could be sold out?

In theory yes. However, it has NEVER happened to me and it has NEVER happened to anyone else that I have heard of.

Cipher 8
05-18-2011, 06:09 AM
So I heard half the Nike Pro Combat uniforms are unlocked in the demo and the other half are from Gamestop preorder. So since you receive TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech from GameStop does that mean we can guess at what teams will be in the demo?

Likely four schools that have Pro Combat uniforms and that are not listed above?

Daywalker86
05-18-2011, 08:32 AM
So I heard half the Nike Pro Combat uniforms are unlocked in the demo and the other half are from Gamestop preorder. So since you receive TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech from GameStop does that mean we can guess at what teams will be in the demo?

Likely four schools that have Pro Combat uniforms and that are not listed above?

That's a very good and interesting point man

hawkeyeguy
05-18-2011, 11:33 AM
In theory yes. However, it has NEVER happened to me and it has NEVER happened to anyone else that I have heard of.

Hmmm, well I guess I'll take my chances on the midnight release. Do most Gamestops do this?

CLW
05-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Hmmm, well I guess I'll take my chances on the midnight release. Do most Gamestops do this?

No. You would need to call/stop by and find out which store(s) are doing a midnight release.

morsdraconis
05-18-2011, 12:24 PM
That's a very good and interesting point man

Yup. I'm curious if they're still not going to include WVU's Pro Combat Uniforms. If not, I'm gonna be kinda mad cause their uniforms look cool as hell.

kstauf
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
It appears that NCAA 12 will be on Amazons daily deals today at 8pm PDT.

souljahbill
05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
It appears that NCAA 12 will be on Amazons daily deals today at 8pm PDT.

It'll be 11, not 12.

Jayrah
05-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Yup. I'm curious if they're still not going to include WVU's Pro Combat Uniforms. If not, I'm gonna be kinda mad cause their uniforms look cool as hell.

Yes they are going to have wvus. Can't remember which video Ben said this on but it was said. I know they said all combats from last year will be in one way or other

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

RussellWilson
05-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Look at the gaming tailgates NCAA '12 info center to see the other Nike Pro Combat Jerseys.

JeffHCross
05-19-2011, 01:37 AM

No. You would need to call/stop by and find out which store(s) are doing a midnight release.
Based on what a Gamestop employee told me a few years ago, one of the things that Gamestop uses to decide whether a midnight release is worthy is the number of pre-orders at a given store. So it may be self-serving to pre-order instead of just showing up. Personally, I'd advise pre-ordering if you know you're going to show up either for midnight release or on release day. Nothing can really go wrong with pre-ordering, unless you decide to go to a different store.

hawkeyeguy
05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Based on what a Gamestop employee told me a few years ago, one of the things that Gamestop uses to decide whether a midnight release is worthy is the number of pre-orders at a given store. So it may be self-serving to pre-order instead of just showing up. Personally, I'd advise pre-ordering if you know you're going to show up either for midnight release or on release day. Nothing can really go wrong with pre-ordering, unless you decide to go to a different store.

Or they don't do a midnight release

gschwendt
05-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Steve_OS has images of the five Pro Combat uniforms taken at a Gamestop
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/486649-ncaa-football-12-image-pro-combat-uniforms.html

Jayrah
05-29-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/486649-ncaa-football-12-image-pro-combat-uniforms.html

If there is no randomization of cpu uniforms in online dynasty, unfortunately this will be useless to me. But they look good though

CLW
05-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Meh still waiting for $20 credit from Amazon.

souljahbill
07-10-2011, 09:35 PM

My order was shipped Friday. If I'm lucky, It'll be here Monday but it'll definitely be here by Tuesday.

Sinister
07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Just traded games in today. Got $143.00 the store manager gave me 40% on all my trades got NCAA Football and Madden paid, plus I had some left over. Pretty good deal for me. Bout to reload on games for the year.

JBHuskers
07-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Just traded games in today. Got $143.00 the store manager gave me 40% on all my trades got NCAA Football and Madden paid, plus I had some left over. Pretty good deal for me. Bout to reload on games for the year.

:up: VERY nice!

psusnoop
07-11-2011, 08:50 AM

sweet deal, I did that to grab TW 12. I have been debating about Madden12 but right now I'm really leaning towards getting it this year.

souljahbill
07-11-2011, 01:04 PM
My order was shipped Friday. If I'm lucky, It'll be here Monday but it'll definitely be here by Tuesday.

It's here!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/63bcbc0e-3b20-aad3.jpg

AustinWolv
07-11-2011, 01:31 PM
It's here!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/63bcbc0e-3b20-aad3.jpg

Hell yeah, hope mine is waiting at home then!

coogrfan
07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Not exactly a pre-order deal, but according to this week's Toys R Us ad when you buy NCAA 12 you also get a McFarlane CFB series 3 figure of your choice for free (SUBJECT TO AVAILIBILITY).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_LSU_ADDAI.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_OU_PETERSON202.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/cs3_polamalu.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_RUTGERS_RICE.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/cs3_suh.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_FLORIDA_TEBOW.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_OHIO20STATE_WELLS_.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/CFS3_MICHIGAN_WOODSON.jpg

AustinWolv
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Hell, I'd buy it just to get the Woodson one and then return the game.

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice! Someone want to get Suh and ship it to me? :)

skipwondah33
07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
If I end up getting the game there JB I'll try to get it. Wife got a gift card there so that is the reason I am even considering buying it there. Chances are since there are a boatload of Steelers fans here Troy will be gone.

That is if they even carry them all.

JBHuskers
07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
If I end up getting the game there JB I'll try to get it. Wife got a gift card there so that is the reason I am even considering buying it there. Chances are since there are a boatload of Steelers fans here Troy will be gone.

OOOH that'd rock bro, I'll PayPal you some shipping money if you get it.

AustinWolv
07-11-2011, 03:33 PM
That thought crossed my mind too.

coogrfan
07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Proof that good things come to those that wait:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/20412619997_807307.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/20412619997_740243.jpg

It's kinda hard to make out (I really need a new phone), but the guy at TRU somehow gave me the discount twice. Total for NCAA 12 + Tebow = $48.72.

:)

gigemaggs99
07-12-2011, 03:26 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/20412619997_807307.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/20412619997_740243.jpg

It's kinda hard to make out (I really need a new phone), but the guy at TRU somehow gave me the discount twice. Total for NCAA 12 + Tebow = $48.72.

Cool deal, but I like the little helmet collection you have :-) That's pretty SWEET!

JBHuskers
07-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Nice! hah!

AustinWolv
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Nice discount there.

Got the $20 Amazon credit myself, along with the Walmart recruiting advisor thing, and then also the Woodson McFarland offer from Toys R Us on the way. The Walmart preorder is sitting at my house waiting, so the other two copies will just get returned to some local stores when they arrive. :)

souljahbill
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice discount there.

Got the $20 Amazon credit myself, along with the Walmart recruiting advisor thing, and then also the Woodson McFarland offer from Toys R Us on the way. The Walmart preorder is sitting at my house waiting, so the other two copies will just get returned to some local stores when they arrive. :)

Similar situation with myself. I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, who had the best pre-order bonus at the time, and GameStop for the uniforms. Then the Amazon bonus offer came through and I ordered a copy from them. On release day, I had 3 copies of NCAA 12 in my house. Well, I just returned the unopened GameStop copy (after using my uniform code of course) and the unopened Amazon copy to Wal-Mart. I got full refunds for both. So, I now have NCAA 12 with the recruiting advisor from Wal-Mart, the Pro-Combats from GameStop, and $20 credit waiting for me on Amazon. I LOVE capitalism sometimes.

Sidenote: The recruiting advisor is pretty awesome. He hit me up on a 4-star RB no one was recruiting so I'm about to sign him at a 1 star TB team with a lot of D, D+ pitches. The advisor also told me that if I spoke to someone on my board (which I was going to do anyway), he'd instant commit if I called (which he did).

AustinWolv
07-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Sidenote: The recruiting advisor is pretty awesome. He hit me up on a 4-star RB no one was recruiting so I'm about to sign him at a 1 star TB team with a lot of D, D+ pitches. The advisor also told me that if I spoke to someone on my board (which I was going to do anyway), he'd instant commit if I called (which he did).
Never used it before, but I might toy with it later after a couple seasons of an offline dynasty.
A 4star RB would be a HUGE get for a 1star team and instantly help get to the top of the conference.

Vinny Pizza
07-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I didn't pick up the game yet but my wife had pre-ordered it for me through Best Buy. I received an email with the 5 Star QB code from Best Buy and i unlocked the five Pro Combat Uni's after sharing the demo, but for you guys who know better than me, will all of the pro-combat uniforms become available at some point? Even if it's DLC.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I didn't pick up the game yet but my wife had pre-ordered it for me through Best Buy. I received an email with the 5 Star QB code from Best Buy and i unlocked the five Pro Combat Uni's after sharing the demo, but for you guys who know better than me, will all of the pro-combat uniforms become available at some point? Even if it's DLC.

I don't know, but I sure hope so. I have never really cared about pro combat uniforms in the past, but with Coaching Carousel, between an online dynasty I'm in, and doing probably two or three different personal dynasties, I have no clue what teams I may end up coaching at in my careers with Coaching Carousel, so I want all the uniforms possible so I can use those pro combats in games if I end up at one of those schools on a coaching stop.

gschwendt
07-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Yes. I don't know the time-table last year but they were all available eventually for those that didn't share the demo. As well, Ben mentioned in one of the livestream events that all of the uniforms would be unlocked at some point. I almost guarantee they will be free and probably like a month or two down the road.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes. I don't know the time-table last year but they were all available eventually for those that didn't share the demo. As well, Ben mentioned in one of the livestream events that all of the uniforms would be unlocked at some point. I almost guarantee they will be free and probably like a month or two down the road.

They would almost have to be free. Could you imagine the uproar and fury of the NCAA fanbase if EA tried to charge people to buy the Gamestop pre-order uniforms? Granted, this is EA, so I can absolutely see them trying to charge for it.

pantherone26
07-14-2011, 04:04 PM
How do I get the DLC content via Gamestop? I preordered the game and picked it up on release day. I still have the receipt but have been unable to find where to use any code that's on it for anything.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 04:05 PM
How do I get the DLC content via Gamestop? I preordered the game and picked it up on release day. I still have the receipt but have been unable to find where to use any code that's on it for anything.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks

First question: PS3 or 360?

The code on the receipt--if you're on PS3--can be redeemed by using "Redeem Code" in the PSN Store.

If you're on 360--which I don't own--I imagine there's something in XBL Marketplace to redeem codes.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 04:10 PM
First question: PS3 or 360?

The code on the receipt--if you're on PS3--can be redeemed by using "Redeem Code" in the PSN Store.

If you're on 360--which I don't own--I imagine there's something in XBL Marketplace to redeem codes.

360, press your guide button, scroll to the left twice to the Marketplace blade, second option from the top - "Redeem Code".

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
360, press your guide button, scroll to the left twice to the Marketplace blade, second option from the top - "Redeem Code".

Thanks for the assist!

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the assist!

Anytime. :) I'm on my 360 right now, so figured I should go ahead and get the details posted to get him help faster if he's 360.

souljahbill
07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
They would almost have to be free. Could you imagine the uproar and fury of the NCAA fanbase if EA tried to charge people to buy the Gamestop pre-order uniforms? Granted, this is EA, so I can absolutely see them trying to charge for it.

You really think they'll be free? I'd expect them to be paid for. They uniforms aren't owed to anyone. They're extra. If EA is smart, they won't charge more then $1.99 but I can't see them being free. I'd love to be wrong about this (even though I already have the uniforms).

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
You really think they'll be free? I'd expect them to be paid for. They uniforms aren't owed to anyone. They're extra. If EA is smart, they won't charge more then $1.99 but I can't see them being free. I'd love to be wrong about this (even though I already have the uniforms).

I'm just going based on the uprising that the NCAA community would cause if the people who pre-ordered at Gamestop got the uniforms for free with their pre-order, but the rest of us who either pre-ordered with someone else, or those who bought it off the shelf on release day, are forced to pay money to get those same uniforms that the Gamestop people got for free. Yeah, EA would almost have to release them for free. If EA thinks they've come under fire for gameplay issues, they haven't seen anything yet from what the uproar about the uniforms would cause.

cdj
07-14-2011, 05:11 PM

They will be free. At some point, they will be unlocked (not sure if via server or through LTP) for everyone.

pantherone26
07-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Anytime. :) I'm on my 360 right now, so figured I should go ahead and get the details posted to get him help faster if he's 360.

Thanks a lot! I am on 360.

ram29jackson
07-14-2011, 06:45 PM
someone be sure to tell me when this promo crap ends and we can find out how to get the other uni's.../ I want the Maryland brown helmets etc

Paakaa10
07-14-2011, 09:10 PM
someone be sure to tell me when this promo crap ends and we can find out how to get the other uni's.../ I want the Maryland brown helmets etc

I'm not sure which helmets you're referring to, Ram, but the "promo crap" is only the five Pro Combat uniforms from last year that you don't get from sharing the demo:

Virginia Tech
Ohio State
Boise State (Blue Jersey)
Pittsburgh
TCU

As far as I know there aren't any other helmets or uniforms in the game aside from those and the ones that are on the disc/unlocked by sharing the demo.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks a lot! I am on 360.

Happy to help man! :) Enjoy the unis!

ram29jackson
07-14-2011, 11:34 PM
no, I saw additional ones...and I dont see the particicular Maryland ones in game that a picture was shown of a couple months ago

Paakaa10
07-15-2011, 08:09 AM
no, I saw additional ones...and I dont see the particicular Maryland ones in game that a picture was shown of a couple months ago

The game has to go through approvals with the Collegiate Licensing Company and all of the schools included in the game. As has been mentioned here by Tommy and others, if you saw something in pre-release advertisements and it's not in the game and it's not part of the five teams in the GameStop Pro Combat promotion, then there's a good chance that somewhere along the line it was removed due to approvals.

ram29jackson
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
you know what...? I did the demo in the beginning and the steps to get uni's but i looked at Boise last night...and they aint there..the demo told me I got the uni's , but they aint there....?

gschwendt
07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Not sure that this applies to too many people here but if you still haven't picked up NCAA, Sports Illustrated offering the game with a 28-week subscription for $50.
https://subscription.si.com/storefront/subscribe-to-sports-illustrated/site/si-easportsncaafb0711.html?xid=EA+CFB+12+-+SITV+&link=1004883

You also get an NCAA Football 12 All Access which looks similar to the ESPNU show but different still.