PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Playoffs

morsdraconis
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Can't believe no one is talking about any of the playoff games starting today.

Philadelphia made the Miami game quite interesting. Looked like they were going to blow them out at first and then Miami came out roaring and then the 76ers came back and made it a game and almost pulled it off. I'd laugh my ass off if the 76ers "upset" the Heat in the first wrong.

Chicago looked great and the Hawks, once again, prove why the Magic will never be a championship caliber team. Howard can't play real defense (yet continues to win defensive player of the year because he's great at blocking shots, but he's terrible at boxing out and prevent offensive rebounds) gets in foul trouble WAY too much, and nevermind his inability to hit free throws.

Then we have the Dallas - Portland game. The "everyone but Dallas fans thinks Portland is going to win this series" series. I hope Dallas actually does something for once in the playoffs. I feel terrible for Dirk, being as amazing of a player as he is to continually be on such a terribly inconsistent team. So far, it looks like Dallas came to play leading 53-43 in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

morsdraconis
04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Damn, what a set of games today so far!

Boston survives one of the best games Stoudamire has ever played against good competition; Lakers are upset by a VERY dangerous Hornets team; Memphis beats the Spurs without Ginobili (but absolutely dominated them inside with Randolph and Gasol).

Just gotta hope Oklahoma plays up to their potential, cause they are ridiculously talented but Denver has been playing such great basketball without Carmelo to hog the ball it's gonna be another tough series.

Kwizzy
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
What a great set of first games! Here's hoping my mavs get their act together so they don't have to come back like that any more. Not saying I think that'll happen, Portland is a good team, but I can hope right? Really looking forward to the rest of the playoffs and hoping San Antonio and/or LA get knocked off. My prediction is that one will, 79% of 7 game series are eventually won by the team that wins the first game.

cdj
04-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Chicago has had their hands full with the Pacers. This series might end up going 6 or 7 at this rate. Game 3 will tell all.

morsdraconis
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't doubt it at all Chris. Pacers are a hell of a talented team when they play within themselves and probably got the steal of the draft in Paul George, who, while inconsistent, has been really great for them in spurts. He's going to be one talented player for them for years to come.

I'm actually kinda sad to see the 76ers get blown out in game 2. I was hoping for a more competitive series. Hopefully they get their heads back on straight at home and make it a series.

Three huge games tonight. Can Boston hold off the Knicks? Will Orlando respond against Atlanta? Does Dallas really have a prayer of winning their series against Portland?

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Chauncey looks to be out again for the Boston game...I think Boston will win by double digits tonight. I'm not sold on Orlando....and Dallas/Portland will go 7 I bet.

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
First game of the day, Heat/76ers, starting in a few minutes. Do the Heat and Celtics end things today and sweep their series? Do the Hawks take the commanding 3-1 lead? Do the Hornets square things back up with the two time defending champs?

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Some great games today. 76ers manage to get a win and avoid getting swept by the Heat, the Celtics finish off the Knicks in 4 games, Atlanta wins again to take a 3-1 lead over Orlando, and the Hornets pick up another victory to even things up against the Lakers. God I love the playoffs!

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Well, well, well, how about those Grizzlies. Destroyed the big bad Spurs by 18 points earlier to take a 3-1 series lead. I think the Spurs will win the next game to make it 3-2, but in the end, I see the Grizzlies knocking off the top seed in 6 games.

And finally, the Nuggets got a game to go their way and were on the winning end of a fistfight to the end.

morsdraconis
04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm disappointed in the Thunder. They should be sitting at home waiting for the Grizzlies to finish off the Spurs, not playing another game against the pesky Nuggets. They absolutely must end it next game to prevent anymore time spent against the Nuggets.

LOVE seeing what the Grizzlies are doing to the Spurs. That is some GREAT basketball to watch. Love that it's no one player on the team but a complete team effort each and every night with different players playing huge roles at different times. It'll be interesting to see them play against the Thunder.

morsdraconis
04-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Huge games tonight as well.

Can Orlando hold on and make it 3-2 against a Hawks team that looks very dangerous or will the Hawks call it done and complete an upset that VERY few thought would happen?

Can New Orleans get another game on the Lakers' home court? Boy would that be huge for their chances if they could. What is wrong with Gasol? He's getting absolutely terrorized down low by New Orleans and playing probably his worst series in 4 years.

And, finally, the Bulls. Is DRose ok? Will he be full strength? Can they possibly beat the Pacers without him at full strength?

Intrigue, mystery, suspense? This is probably the best NBA Playoffs in several years. God I love parity.

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
And the Memphis Grizzlies have defeated the big bad San Antonio Spurs 4 games to 2!

For only the second time in the Best of 7 series format, the fourth time altogether in NBA history, a #8 seed has knocked off a #1 seed. Last time was the Golden State Warriors defeating the Dallas Mavericks 4–2 in the 2007 Western Conference First Round.

JBHuskers
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Sunday, game on.

morsdraconis
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Awesome! The intrigue of the Grizzlies vs the Thunder is RIDICULOUSLY...intriguing? :) I can't wait!

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Awesome! The intrigue of the Grizzlies vs the Thunder is RIDICULOUSLY...intriguing? :) I can't wait!

yeah, its called playing to see who loses the next round.

ho hum yyaawwnn, the Lakers will be in the finals again. haha

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
And the Memphis Grizzlies have defeated the big bad San Antonio Spurs 4 games to 2!

For only the second time in the Best of 7 series format, the fourth time altogether in NBA history, a #8 seed has knocked off a #1 seed. Last time was the Golden State Warriors defeating the Dallas Mavericks 4–2 in the 2007 Western Conference First Round.

San Antonio has gotten older, its not like its some great surprise

morsdraconis
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
yeah, its called playing to see who loses the next round.

ho hum yyaawwnn, the Lakers will be in the finals again. haha

Nah, Thunder have the pieces to beat the Lakers. No doubt about that, especially if Harden keeps playing like he has been, giving the Thunder another scoring threat off the dribble.

ram29jackson
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Nah, Thunder have the pieces to beat the Lakers. No doubt about that, especially if Harden keeps playing like he has been, giving the Thunder another scoring threat off the dribble.

if the lakers lose, its because they are soft from already getting it all or Kobe is showing a little age.
I see the Lakers making the Finals to lose to who ever wins in the East.

the Lakers making the finals is pretty much the SO. Cal. unofficial holiday and we must not let that die yet haha

Kingpin32
04-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Chicago should take care of the Hawks. I see the Celtics beating the Heat. Lakers should win in 7 against Dallas. And OKC should take care of the Grizziles. Happy to see the Spurs out of it though. hate that team with a passion.

souljahbill
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I have Dallas, Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Miami. Dallas beats Oklahoma City. Miami beats Chicago. Miami beats Dallas.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Poor JB, this just isn't his weekend. :D First the Flyers get just absolutely reamed yesterday. And today the Celtics suck it up against the Heat.

ram29jackson
05-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Koooooobeeeee bleeeeewwwwwww iiiiitt

JBHuskers
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Koooooobeeeee bleeeeewwwwwww iiiiitt

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-03-2011, 09:32 PM
And the Heat win again, taking a 2-0 lead over the Celts.

JBHuskers
05-04-2011, 08:37 AM
This is why the NBA Playoffs get a bad rap. Celtics/Heat game two, Tuesday. Game three, Saturday. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
This is why the NBA Playoffs get a bad rap. Celtics/Heat game two, Tuesday. Game three, Saturday. :smh:

Yeah, that's just ridiculous. They need to play game three at least on Friday. No reason for 3 days between games, even with it switching from Miami to Boston.

SmoothPancakes
05-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Memphis with a hell of a rally, comes back to force overtime and ultimately defeat OKC to take the 2-1 series lead.

morsdraconis
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Damn OKC is playing terribly. Really sad cause they have the potential to win it all.

souljahbill
05-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Even though I'm a lifelong Spurs fan, I've been calling Miami to take it all for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
looks like no unofficial holiday in Southern California this year....?

JBHuskers
05-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Rondo definitely showed some drive and heart with basically one arm tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
05-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Wow, this game between the Mavs and the Lakers is getting ugly. I'm sure the Lakers will get it back at least a bit respectable, but man alive are they getting killed. It certainly helps that the Mavs have made 11-15 3pointers including Jason Terry being 6/7 from 3point range, but the Mavs are just outplaying them in every phase of the game. Holding the Lakers to 39% shooting and only Kobe has more than 6 points with 15. The Lakers are just falling apart and I can't help but think it's hilarious. Guess they forgot to turn their 2 straight championship mode on against a "soft" Mavs team eh?

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Lakers are really showing heart here...especially after that missed layup by Artest :D

Deuce
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow...the Lakers are a bunch of chumps!

SmoothPancakes
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM
"I don't know, I might be sick in the head or crazy or thrown off or something like that because I still think we're going to win this series," Bryant said after totaling 17 points and six assists in Game 3. "I might be nuts. ... Let's win on Sunday, go back home and see if they can win in L.A."

Better not quit your day job Kobe, because your prognosticative skills suck!

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 05:14 PM
That cheap shot by Bynum on Berrera was horrible.

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 05:23 PM
If this is Phil Jackson's last season -- that series was the first ever where his team was swept in a Best-of-7 series.

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 06:30 PM
WOW ... Rondo has some heart! Didn't take a cortizone shot or anything for tonight, just some padding to protect it from further injury.

JBHuskers
05-10-2011, 12:39 AM
That Thunder/Grizzlies game was awesome.

Going to be an uphill climb for the Celtics :smh:

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Yeah, the Celtics really let that one get away from them. They had the chance to close it out and tie up the series, but couldn't hold on and couldn't keep up in OT.

JBHuskers
05-10-2011, 08:21 AM
This is set up all too perfectly for LeBron to get his title.

morsdraconis
05-10-2011, 08:52 AM
This is set up all too perfectly for LeBron to get his title.

I know. It pisses me off. The Heat are pretty much a shoe-in for the East spot in the Finals now if they can finish off Boston (Rondo getting hurt was the final foot falling for the Celtics, unfortunately). Chicago is so dysfunctional, it's nuts but they actually match up the best with Miami and pose the greatest threat to actually beat them.

You know, after thinking about it, maybe the Heat aren't shoe-ins after all cause Atlanta definitely matches up well with them too so maybe it'll not be so easy after all for the south beach crew.

morsdraconis
05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
If you aren't watching Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, you're doing yourself a disservice by missing out on two of the great scorers in the game going at it trying to will their teams to win the first game of the series. Dirk and Durant are two of the prettiest pure shooters in the game.

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 07:01 AM
What good looking guy said this:

I have Dallas, Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Miami. Dallas beats Oklahoma City. Miami beats Chicago. Miami beats Dallas.

Think I should buy a lottery ticket? :D

Deuce
05-27-2011, 07:21 AM
What good looking guy said this:

Think I should buy a lottery ticket? :D

I sure hope you're wrong about the last part. A-Rod and Lebron are my 2 least favorite athletes of all time. ...and I live in Dallas and I'm a huge Mavs fan!

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Mavs are gonna beat 'em. Dirk is unstoppable 1 on 1, and his supporting cast are all knockdown shooters which means any double team leaves a potential 20 point game for someone.

skipwondah33
05-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah but I think the Mavs will have a tough time containing LeBron, Wade and Bosh at this point of the season..throw out the regular season because that means nothing now. Who do they help out on? And they just may let Dirk get his all day long similar to what Atlanta did to Dwight Howard

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah but I think the Mavs will have a tough time containing LeBron, Wade and Bosh at this point of the season..throw out the regular season because that means nothing now. Who do they help out on? And they just may let Dirk get his all day long similar to what Atlanta did to Dwight Howard

Mavs will play zone defense and force Wade and LeBron to shoot jumpers (aka, miss most of their shots) as not getting caught on the pick and rolls will result in less penetration opportunities for Wade and LeBron.

As for letting Dirk get his, that's what the Lakers and Thunder tried doing, and it didn't turn out very well for them did it? Lakers started double teaming Dirk and then everyone else started picking up. Thunder did the same thing, and won one game because of some excellent team defense (and the Mavs shot the ball really poorly).

cdj
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
That game last night was pretty sickening. :sick: The Mavs bandwagon is going to be very full....I just hope I can get a seat.

If the Bulls had another scoring threat besides D-Rose, I think they win the series. Dallas has those shooters & scoring options, so I'm picking them in 6 or 7.

JBHuskers
05-27-2011, 12:40 PM
15-2 run to finish the game :smh:

Go Dallas, more motivation now. Since the Celts were knocked out, I wanted to see Dirk get a ring. Now I want to see Dirk get a ring and LeBron fail in the finals.

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
What is up with Pippen? Is he high?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm rooting for Miami to win it. Everyone I know wants to see Miami fail (during the regular season, during every round of the playoffs, etc) just because of LeBron. Well, there's gotta be at least one asshole in every group who roots for the guy everyone else hates, just because he can. :D

Deuce
05-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm rooting for Miami to win it. Everyone I know wants to see Miami fail (during the regular season, during every round of the playoffs, etc) just because of LeBron. Well, there's gotta be at least one asshole in every group who roots for the guy everyone else hates, just because he can. :D

Sorry...you're not allowed to root for Miami! ;). I actually don't mind Wade or Bosh or any other player on the Heat except Lebron.

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm not afraid to admit it. I love LeBron. I've been on his bandwagon since his high school days.

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 01:03 PM
What is up with Pippen? Is he high?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168

Nope, just EXTREMELY jealous of Michael Jordan and has a serious axe to grind because of it.

morsdraconis
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I never liked Lebron. NEVER. He's a cocky little bitch and just confirmed it all with his little "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" bullshit. Riding the coattails of one of the best players in the game (Wade).

I hope the fool never wins a championship.

souljahbill
05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Nope, just EXTREMELY jealous of Michael Jordan and has a serious axe to grind because of it.

He ought to just accept the fact that Mike made him a top 50 guy. Would Mike have won 6 without Pip? Probably not but Pip wouldn't be the player he was without Mike putting some fire under his ass. Pip needed Mike more then Mike needed Pip but neither would be as great as they were without each other.

Deuce
05-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I never liked Lebron. NEVER. He's a cocky little bitch and just confirmed it all with his little "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" bullshit. Riding the coattails of one of the best players in the game (Wade).

I hope the fool never wins a championship.

+1

JBHuskers
05-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Hell have you ever read The Jordan Rules? Great book.

Kwizzy
05-27-2011, 01:23 PM
That game last night was pretty sickening. :sick: The Mavs bandwagon is going to be very full....I just hope I can get a seat.

If the Bulls had another scoring threat besides D-Rose, I think they win the series. Dallas has those shooters & scoring options, so I'm picking them in 6 or 7.

Go to hell! There's no room left here! :D I kid, but I'm ridiculously excited... So much so that I will not comment any further for fear of jinxing them! Go Mavs!!!!

*Just my thoughts- Lebron is a hell of a bball player & during gameplay, while the clock is running he's pretty fun to watch. But all of the dancing and showboating & taking talents places makes me wanna puke! Can't stand him. That and he travels, ALOT!

JBHuskers
05-27-2011, 01:39 PM
2011 Cleveland Cavailers NBA Finals T-Shirt! (http://twitpic.com/53a6ot)

Deuce
05-27-2011, 02:17 PM
2011 Cleveland Cavailers NBA Finals T-Shirt! (http://twitpic.com/53a6ot)

Awesome. :)

steelerfan
05-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't follow the NBA, or care about it at all. But Heat/Mavs equates to Browns/Cowboys for me. No one wins, we all lose.

It really sucks to have to root for Mark Cuban. :(

skipwondah33
05-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Mavs will play zone defense and force Wade and LeBron to shoot jumpers (aka, miss most of their shots) as not getting caught on the pick and rolls will result in less penetration opportunities for Wade and LeBron.

As for letting Dirk get his, that's what the Lakers and Thunder tried doing, and it didn't turn out very well for them did it? Lakers started double teaming Dirk and then everyone else started picking up. Thunder did the same thing, and won one game because of some excellent team defense (and the Mavs shot the ball really poorly).

Neither the Thunder nor Lakers play as good of team defense as the Heat do...actually in the playoffs no where near close so surely that has to factor into it.

I'm not afraid to admit it. I love LeBron. I've been on his bandwagon since his high school days.

I don't have a favorite team but I have watched all but 15-20 of Lebron's games ever since he came into the league. I am a fan of his play which is team basketball...the other stuff doesn't matter to me at all.

Cody
05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Used to love LeBron as a Cleveland fan.

Now....not so much

psuexv
06-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Used to love LeBron as a Cleveland fan.

Now....not so much

I'm sorry LeBron is a piece of garbage. I never liked him in Cleveland and then the whole decision. He just has a smug attitude that irritates me. He thinks he should get every call and physically shows that. That and I've noticed that if Dwade or Bosh make a big shot they get a nod or slap from him, but if any of the other role players do something he shows no emotion.

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
-Lebron needs to learn that saying "I'm just staying humble" doesn't make it true while you're dancing, showboating, etc... Not to mention he travels CONSTANTLY while he's doing it (see the breakaway steal & dunk vs the Celtics in the 2nd round).

-Lebron tried to make the hate he has received about everything except what it actually was about. You act like an entitled douche in everything you do, plain & simple!

-DWade + Lebron = most complaining to the refs of any tandem in NBA history, the only ones even close to them are Duncan & Bowen.

-Miami "fans" suck! They are the definition of fair-weather/bandwagon fans & have NO class.

-Can the national media please stop acting like it's the end of the line for the Mavs after 1 game on the road?! It's ridiculous how sensationalized everything is. The mavs lost Gm 1, on the road by 8 pts when they shot 38% & Lebron hit 4/5 3pt attempts. Raise your hand if you think that's gonna happen again.

morsdraconis
06-02-2011, 09:52 AM
-Can the national media please stop acting like it's the end of the line for the Mavs after 1 game on the road?! It's ridiculous how sensationalized everything is. The mavs lost Gm 1, on the road by 8 pts when they shot 38% & Lebron hit 4/5 3pt attempts. Raise your hand if you think that's gonna happen again.

This times a billion.

The Heat might actually win the series (as much as it pains me to say it) but it's certainly not going to be a sweep by any means.

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
This times a billion.

The Heat might actually win the series (as much as it pains me to say it) but it's certainly not going to be a sweep by any means.

I agree, but the point is this series is far from over & they're acting like it was a dominant win. I agree Miami is playing well & will be tough to beat but damn, 1 game in & the so called "King" is already getting sized for his ring aparently. It's not like this was a blow out, th mavs led the whole way until the end of the 3rd & it was a 1 possesion game with under 4-5 minutes left.

psuexv
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree, but the point is this series is far from over & they're acting like it was a dominant win. I agree Miami is playing well & will be tough to beat but damn, 1 game in & the so called "King" is already getting sized for his ring aparently. It's not like this was a blow out, th mavs led the whole way until the end of the 3rd & it was a 1 possesion game with under 4-5 minutes left.

:smh: yeah considering it was tight, right down until the end when the Heat went on a little run around the 4 minute mark I think, I can't believe people are chalking this one up already.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
This times a billion.

That's what people were saying about the Lakers. ;)

Cody
06-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Dirk scores 40 tonight, you heard it here first.

souljahbill
06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Dirk scores 40 tonight, you heard it here first.

In a losing effort. :p

morsdraconis
06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
In a losing effort. :p

In a blowout win. :D

ram29jackson
06-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry LeBron is a piece of garbage. I never liked him in Cleveland and then the whole decision. He just has a smug attitude that irritates me. He thinks he should get every call and physically shows that. That and I've noticed that if Dwade or Bosh make a big shot they get a nod or slap from him, but if any of the other role players do something he shows no emotion.

thats because those 2 guys are his friends

ram29jackson
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
That's what people were saying about the Lakers. ;)

the Heat are the Lakers East with Pat Riley at the front...whats with you guys almost taking it personal ?

Lebron is a great athlete, leaving Cleveland doesnt make him bad or disloyal..sports is a business and he can sell his talent anywhere he chooses..he chose to play with a friend on a decent team he made better by being there...welcome to America !

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
the Heat are the Lakers East with Pat Riley at the front...whats with you guys almost taking it personal ?

Lebron is a great athlete, leaving Cleveland doesnt make him bad or disloyal..sports is a business and he can sell his talent anywhere he chooses..he chose to play with a friend on a decent team he made better by being there...welcome to America !

I honestly have no clue what the hell you are ranting about. And what the hell I, or others are supposedly taking personal. I was just simply making a joke to mors' comment about how the NBA Finals weren't going to be a sweep by any means. And I was making a joke about how people were saying that about the Lakers, yet they ended up being swept in the end. Hence the ;) at the end of the sentence. Not sure where that says I'm taking something personal or what that has to do with your random rant that I still have no clue what it has to do with my comment you quoted.

Cody
06-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Mavs win by twooo

Deuce
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Hell ya! MAVS WIN!

morsdraconis
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
So much for the series being over after the first game. God I hate the media. They're so retarded.

Cody
06-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Dirk showed what it means to be truly clutch.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Eh, in my opinion, still doesn't change a thing in regards to Miami being the favorites to win. Dallas had to go on that massive run, and got help by Miami not being able to hit anything down the stretch, just to even be in a position to win at the end. The Mavs are going to have to actually start playing for the lead the entire game and not go on 20-2 runs, or whatever it was, in the last minutes just to hope to have a chance to win, or else it will still be a short series.

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM

That's the thing all the Lebron supporters seem to think it's because he left Cleveland. For the majority of people outside of Cleveland, it's about how he did it & about how he carries himself. He is an arrogant ass who hasn't won jack shit yet. I have no respect for cocky people. It's okay to be confident. Confident is how you fell, cocky is how you act. Lebron acts like a douche, and that is where all of the backlash comes from.

More importantly, GO MAVS!!!! :)

Kwizzy
06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Eh, in my opinion, still doesn't change a thing in regards to Miami being the favorites to win. Dallas had to go on that massive run, and got help by Miami not being able to hit anything down the stretch, just to even be in a position to win at the end. The Mavs are going to have to actually start playing for the lead the entire game and not go on 20-2 runs, or whatever it was, in the last minutes just to hope to have a chance to win, or else it will still be a short series.

Well but on the other hand, Miami needed Dallas not hitting shots the whole game to get the lead they did. Gonna be a good series for sure.

SmoothPancakes
06-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Well but on the other hand, Miami needed Dallas not hitting shots the whole game to get the lead they did. Gonna be a good series for sure.

True, just saying, based especially on the end there, I personally still think it's Miami's series to lose. Though I do see this series going a minimum of 6 games, if not the full 7. By no means is it going to be over in only 5.

ram29jackson
06-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I honestly have no clue what the hell you are ranting about. And what the hell I, or others are supposedly taking personal. I was just simply making a joke to mors' comment about how the NBA Finals weren't going to be a sweep by any means. And I was making a joke about how people were saying that about the Lakers, yet they ended up being swept in the end. Hence the ;) at the end of the sentence. Not sure where that says I'm taking something personal or what that has to do with your random rant that I still have no clue what it has to do with my comment you quoted.

i'm just saying there seems to be some Lebron hate is all,not trying to start anything

ram29jackson
06-02-2011, 11:43 PM
That's the thing all the Lebron supporters seem to think it's because he left Cleveland. For the majority of people outside of Cleveland, it's about how he did it & about how he carries himself. He is an arrogant ass who hasn't won jack shit yet. I have no respect for cocky people. It's okay to be confident. Confident is how you fell, cocky is how you act. Lebron acts like a douche, and that is where all of the backlash comes from.

More importantly, GO MAVS!!!! :)

he acts like every young athlete in the country,so, what else is new? its the way most are 5 to 10 years unless something happens in their life to change their outlook. Its whats been said about most young superstars throughout sports history....goodnight Terrell Owens where ever you are haha

Kwizzy
06-03-2011, 12:03 AM
he acts like every young athlete in the country,so, what else is new? its the way most are 5 to 10 years unless something happens in their life to change their outlook. Its whats been said about most young superstars throughout sports history....goodnight Terrell Owens where ever you are haha

I would agree that far too many act that way, but most is a BIG stretch. He is setting the example for more to act that way. He's an arrogant ass & that's why a lot of people dislike him. Never said he's not a good basketball player. Though he is a fairly dumb one at times, he cost em that game tonight by holding the ball down the stretch and settling for jumpers. I, and many others can't stand his attitude & personality.

DariusLock
06-03-2011, 03:01 AM
I bet Miami looks sluggish when they get to Dallas. I'm predicting a Dallas NBA Title in 6! I don't watch NBA basketball unless Dallas is on.

Kwizzy
06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Classic example of what I've been talking about: apparently after Wade hit the 3 to put the Heat up 15 last night, Lebron & DWade were dancing in front of the Mavs bench. If you're gonna act like a cocky douche might wanna win the game before you start celebrating. Class is something Lebron, and now Wade, lack completely.

Cody
06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I think Dallas is going to take the next two games to go up 3-1. What scares me is going back to Miami where they're good. I am going to say Dallas win the series in 6. Game 7 at Miami would not be a good situation to play in. Last night was a huge momentum builder for Dallas imo. Barera and Terry need to get in gear.

psuexv
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
thats because those 2 guys are his friends

I don't care if they're friends or not, that doesn't mean you turn your shoulder on the rest of your team. I'm talking about even when Miller or Haslam hits a big shot Lebron shows no emotion, but when Wade hits a common jumper he gets a high five

Kwizzy
06-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I think Dallas is going to take the next two games to go up 3-1. What scares me is going back to Miami where they're good. I am going to say Dallas win the series in 6. Game 7 at Miami would not be a good situation to play in. Last night was a huge momentum builder for Dallas imo. Barera and Terry need to get in gear.

In the finals, it's 2-3-2 format so the next 3 games are in Dallas and 6-7 are in Miami. Like you said, I think Dallas gets 2 of 3 at home & then has to go back to Miami. I predicted Dallas in 6 at the beginning of the playoffs so I'm gonna stick with that but it's looking more and more like 7 to me now.

psuexv
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I would agree that far too many act that way, but most is a BIG stretch. He is setting the example for more to act that way. He's an arrogant ass & that's why a lot of people dislike him. Never said he's not a good basketball player. Though he is a fairly dumb one at times, he cost em that game tonight by holding the ball down the stretch and settling for jumpers. I, and many others can't stand his attitude & personality.

Exactly... Other superstars in the league act nothing like Lebron.

My beef with Lebron is he feels he's entitled even though he hasn't won shit yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihlsPKMh4U&feature=player_detailpage#t=114s

ram29jackson
06-03-2011, 04:27 PM
In the finals, it's 2-3-2 format so the next 3 games are in Dallas and 6-7 are in Miami. Like you said, I think Dallas gets 2 of 3 at home & then has to go back to Miami. I predicted Dallas in 6 at the beginning of the playoffs so I'm gonna stick with that but it's looking more and more like 7 to me now.

dream on, Dirk is too old and wont keep up with 3 younger opponents that are about to pound Dallas into the hardwood :P :easy:

Cody
06-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out. In that case the series may not leave Dallas. They need to take at least 2/3 from Miami at home. Which would either put them up 3-2 or win the series. As much as I hope this happens, more than likely it won't. I think they X-Factor is going to be Barea if they can get him going, then they will be hard to stop as it will open up shots for Dirk and Terry. It would be nice if Chandler could get some more boards down on the offensive glass.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
And we're going back to Miami, unless the Heat take games 4 and 5.

souljahbill
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Man, Miami should be up 3-0. D-Wade is an animal.

psuexv
06-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Man, Miami should be up 3-0. D-Wade is an animal.

Yeah but they've needed him to be since Game 1, calling Lebron.... Lebron, this is the NBA Finals... will you please show up.

Kwizzy
06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
That was a tough loss last night. Hoping the Mavs take games 4 & 5. It's gonna be tough but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Dirk is going to need some scoring help though. The thing that has me encouraged is that the Mavs haven't really put a complete game together yet in this series. Now, obviously a lot of that is because of what the heat are doing to them, but a lot of it is self inflicted too. If they can cut down on the unforced turnovers & make some of the wide open looks they've been missing up to this point, they can definitely get the next 2 at home. Need to stop penetration into the lane much better as well.

skipwondah33
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Ticky tack fouls were killing Miami, they put Dallas in the penalty twice, think in the 2nd half they were in the penalty 5-6 minutes into the 3rd. Can't keep doing that and expect to win

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Ticky tack fouls were killing Miami, they put Dallas in the penalty twice, think in the 2nd half they were in the penalty 5-6 minutes into the 3rd. Can't keep doing that and expect to win

Yeah, they definitely have to work on that. Though that foul that was called on Haslem with 3 minutes left last night, when going for a rebounding alongside Dirk, was absolute bull. Even the announcers were saying they couldn't see a foul anywhere on that play during the replay, and to me watching at home, there wasn't a foul anywhere on that play. I have no clue what the hell the refs were looking at.

souljahbill
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
There's a lot of Dallas optimists in this thread. Miami is going to win. It's done. We're just watching the inevitable play out.

SmoothPancakes
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, while the series is still far from over in my mind, you very well could be right. If Miami hits a shot or two extra at the end of game two, Miami's up 3 games to none right now instead of only 2-1.

morsdraconis
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM
There's a lot of Dallas optimists in this thread. Miami is going to win. It's done. We're just watching the inevitable play out.

It's really simple:

Miami makes an unnaturally high percentage of their three pointers (averaging only 33.7% as a team), they have a much better chance to win because then LeBron and Wade can go full throttle to the rim and get points by kicking the ball out.

Dallas just needs to get Brendan Heywood back. Without him, they didn't have someone to help out on Bosh (shot twice the percentage that he had the first two games). Heywood comes back next game, Dallas has a MUCH better chance of winning the game.

Kwizzy
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Look, Miami is playing really well & it is definitely going to be tough to beat. No one has said that's not the case. That being said, for all of the talk about how dominant Miami has been playing, here's what they have to show for it, A 2-1 lead in the series. This series is FAR from over. Now a lead is a lead and they are sitting in a much better position than Dallas & playing much more consistently.

That being said Dallas lost by only 2 points after turning the ball over 14 times (most of which were un forced) and with the rest of the team besides Dirk shooting 34%. On top of that, Dirk got a good look at the buzzer that happened to miss. Now if a couple of those turnovers go away & a couple of the shots start to fall the Mavs are in a much different position. This series is not nearly as lopsided as the talking heads seem to want it to be.

Either way it should be fun to watch! :nod:

skipwondah33
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
They have had to make multiple double digit comebacks to even get close. In all honestly Miami should be playing for the sweep tomorrow night. If the refs call that game like this past one I don't think Miami will win game 4.

Kwizzy
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
They have had to make multiple double digit comebacks to even get close. In all honestly Miami should be playing for the sweep tomorrow night. If the refs call that game like this past one I don't think Miami will win game 4.

And they've done it all playoffs long, they are a streak team and have been all year. I'm not saying they definitely are going to win the series & so far they haven't looked like they deserve to win it. All I am saying is that this is not as cut and dry as some people make it out to be There are a very few things that have happened in this series that if Dallas can fix them and adjust, more than make up for the point differential in both of their losses. Unforced turnovers (forget about the ones Miami is always going to get because of their athletecism) and OPEN jumpshots (not contested ones but simply open looks they have uncharacteristically missed). If those two things go better for them this is a completely different series. It's up to them to make it happen.

If Dallas wins the next game and the series goes to 2-2 is it still just a matter of time? It's a seven game series & until a team has a 2 game lead in strongly convincing fashion I refuse to believe it's inevitable and I would say that no matter what teams were playing.

ram29jackson
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM
the Mavs have two geezers on their team, Kidd and Dirk.. they might win one more game...?

Cody
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope history doesn't repeat its self. If it does we'll being seeing the Heat as champs.

JBHuskers
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Yeah now that Miami has gotten the home court advantage back...and game two was their only loss at home in the playoffs, I think the writing is on the wall.

Kwizzy
06-07-2011, 10:21 AM
the Mavs have two geezers on their team, Kidd and Dirk.. they might win one more game...?

One of those geezers you're referring to is having his best season AND post season EVER & yes I'm including the year they went to the finals & the year he won MVP. He is arguably one of the top 5 players in the NBA right now & definitely has been the single best player in these playoffs so far. In the end you may be right about how many games they end up winning but to suggest it has anything to do with Dirk's age is beyond ridiculous. Just sayin....

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
One of those geezers you're referring to is having his best season AND post season EVER & yes I'm including the year they went to the finals & the year he won MVP. He is arguably one of the top 5 players in the NBA right now & definitely has been the single best player in these playoffs so far. In the end you may be right about how many games they end up winning but to suggest it has anything to do with Dirk's age is beyond ridiculous. Just sayin....

in sports, age has everything to do with it. Sure, he may be having a great year as an individual but that doesnt mean crap either. And I do like the guy because the art of 15 ft jumpers is dying without him.

athletes have proven they can keep a job for a decade or more but your best physycal abilites are gone after the first few years and even though you improve your wisdom and experience on the court, that might not be enough.

Wade is older but he has a better cast of athletes around him. And that to me is a major key. Kidd should be a back up on a better team, not a starter.

Dirk has had a good year and thats a good thing but it will still lead to number 2 and not number 1...not like thats a bad thing haha

Kwizzy
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
in sports, age has everything to do with it. Sure, he may be having a great year as an individual but that doesnt mean crap either. And I do like the guy because the art of 15 ft jumpers is dying without him.

athletes have proven they can keep a job for a decade or more but your best physycal abilites are gone after the first few years and even though you improve your wisdom and experience on the court, that might not be enough.

Wade is older but he has a better cast of athletes around him. And that to me is a major key. Kidd should be a back up on a better team, not a starter.

Dirk has had a good year and thats a good thing but it will still lead to number 2 and not number 1...not like thats a bad thing haha

If you don't know enough about basketball to recognize that Dirk's game is not at all dependent on athleticism then I dunno what to tell you. His game is actually crafted around the fact that he is not and never has been very athletic. Miami definitely has the more athletic team, that's not even debatable. At any rate, the issue the Mavs have right now is that their great defensive players are NOT great offensive players & vice versa. They are really missing Caron Butler right now. Kidd's & especially Dirk's age isn't anywhere near the top of the list of the reasons Dallas is having problems with Miami. Oh and for all that athleticism, the Heat's net point margin for the series is only +8 and they are only up 1 game. Experience counts for a TON more than you are giving it credit for, just ask Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose.

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
If you don't know enough about basketball to recognize that Dirk's game is not at all dependent on athleticism then I dunno what to tell you. His game is actually crafted around the fact that he is not and never has been very athletic. Miami definitely has the more athletic team, that's not even debatable. At any rate, the issue the Mavs have right now is that their great defensive players are NOT great offensive players & vice versa. They are really missing Caron Butler right now. Kidd's & especially Dirk's age isn't anywhere near the top of the list of the reasons Dallas is having problems with Miami. Oh and for all that athleticism, the Heat's net point margin for the series is only +8 and they are only up 1 game. Experience counts for a TON more than you are giving it credit for, just ask Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose.

of course experience is important, thats also why the Heat will win it all along with Riley being in the front office...

point differential does not matter, only the side you are on in the point differential matters

Dirk not being athletic in his career is missing the point. He still isnt as able to keep up as he was 5 or 6 years ago and that will matter. And yes, there are less scorers on the Mavs as well...the Heat will wear out the Mavs as this goes on...you have to have the right mix of youth and experience and the Heat have a better mix for this match up then the Mavs......of course I could end up wrong haha, but its just sports, so I'll wake up tomorrow and go on with life haha....but honestly, the Mavs will be toast soon enough..haha

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2011, 08:38 PM
How many times are the refs going to call fouls on the Mavs when James and Wade do their little pussy flops? Then when Carlisle correctly calls them out on their BS calls, they give him a technical. Uhhh...

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh Barea. :smh: When you're a midget going up against 6'5"+ guys, you ain't driving to the basket buddy.

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, that's driving me nuts. Every time he does it and misses a layup or gets it blocked, I just wanna slap him.

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2011, 09:42 PM
This is definitely the Wade and Bosh show tonight. Closing in on the halfway point in the third quarter, LeBron only has 4 points.

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
actually, this is some really sloppy play from both sides...Lebron is a great player ? really ?

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Some of these fouls are just stupid as hell. Along with some good acting.

morsdraconis
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Thank you Mavs. Thank you.

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Woo! Dallas still somehow found a way to let Miami take a fairly large lead in the 4th, but were able to pull this one out. Am I the only one that is absolutely amazed at how many wide open shots the Mavericks missed? Especially in the 4th. I counted at least 5 wide open 3s in the 4th alone. This particular game wouldn't have been close if they could box out and knock down those open shots.

SmoothPancakes
06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Still a long, LONG way to crowning a champion. With as pathetic as both teams played tonight, it's a toss up. In regards to Miami (since Dallas has been covered by I OU), if the Heat can learn to NOT let Dirk and every Maverick drive into the paint and practically moonwalk up to the basket, the Mavs lose a bunch of points that they scored tonight. Also, if the Heat learn to actually get into position for offensive rebounds instead of it being 5 white jerseys around the basket while the entire Heat team is already past the half court line getting back on defense, the Miami gets more second chances and gets more put backs and scores more points.

ram29jackson
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
both teams played like crap. But I am not worried, the Heat will win this series regardless..if Lebron is as good as people say he is, he will be angry he played like crap in this game and kill in the next

I OU a Beatn
06-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. Jason Kidd and Stevenson completely shut him down most of the game. Most of his points were against a much smaller Terry.

skipwondah33
06-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't bet on it. Jason Kidd and Stevenson completely shut him down most of the game. Most of his points were against a much smaller Terry.

Well a few things he didn't take many shots or look to take shots for that matter. And he actually missed open looks, wouldn't go so far as to say they shut him down they just tried making it harder for him. When 2-3 defenders are helping everytime he inches towards the basket that's not shutting anyone down, that's collective defense...so yeah the Mavs collectively altogether defended Lebron well lol

I OU a Beatn
06-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Yeah, but even then, you could tell he was getting annoyed with how tightly he was being played. Kidd was right up in his grill on just about every move he made, as was Stevenson. I also thought Marion did an amazing job on Wade, Wade just made a bunch of really tough shots. Where James and Wade were able to get to the basket at will in Game 3, they weren't even able to sniff the paint without seeing a wall of Mavs players. If they can keep up that kind of defense, learn to rebound the ball, and then start knocking down those open shots they should be hitting, the Mavs are going to be tough to beat.

I really do hope they pull it out, not only because I'm a Mavs fan, but because if there's ANYONE in the NBA that deserves a championship, it's Nowitzki.

morsdraconis
06-08-2011, 04:10 PM
This article is the epitome of why James will never even be a top 25 player in history for me. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtBM4QuiJPgsFZthOu4o0EK8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lebron_james_worst_playoff_game4_nba_f inals_060811)

It's one thing to be out played by the other team. It's one thing to be on the lesser talented team and lose no matter how hard you try to win. It's a completely different thing to just completely disappear from the game and have players claim that you just disappeared.

Kwizzy
06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Just curious if the outcome is still inevitable? Just sayin...

souljahbill
06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Just curious if the outcome is still inevitable? Just sayin...

LOL! To be fair, no one could have seen D-Wade getting hurt.

Kwizzy
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
That is not the reason they lost this game. Excuses are like assholes. Dallas has 2 of their top 7 players hurt.

morsdraconis
06-09-2011, 10:55 PM
LOL! To be fair, no one could have seen D-Wade getting hurt.

But everyone saw Lebron disappearing in the 4th quarter again. "The King" has been dethroned. No points at all in the 4th quarter since the 11 minute mark of Game 3. I think it's time to stop all this crazy talk of best ever and multiple championships from this squad. Lebron shrinks away from shooting the ball when it counts the most.

I can't help but find all of this hilarious. Wonder what the excuses will be after this one? Refs didn't call enough bullshit ghost fouls to get him to the line?

Kwizzy
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Exactly, 2 consecutive possessions lebron settles for a 3, dirk gets a dunk. Story of the "king's" career.

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2011, 11:19 PM
:fp:

Good lord, the series isn't even over yet people. Why don't we let a team actually officially win the series before we start talking about the "king being dethroned" and saying the talk of multiple championships and whatnot are crazy talk. We have no idea if they're going to win none, one or ten championships at some point.

Kwizzy
06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
All I said is what I've been saying all along, when these open looks start falling for the mavs look out. This series is nowhere near over or inevitable. I got real tired of hear how it was only a matter of time til the heat won.

ram29jackson
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
All I said is what I've been saying all along, when these open looks start falling for the mavs look out. This series is nowhere near over or inevitable. I got real tired of hear how it was only a matter of time til the heat won.

and yet, there are still 2 games left possibly....

but...Lebron James? who's Lebron James? is he that good or not ?

the Heat better have a shrink on the flight home to get into his head haha maybe the coach is too young to find a way to motivate these guys ?

morsdraconis
06-10-2011, 12:03 AM
So I ran into Dirk & Lebron the other day, and I asked Lebron for a dollar. Instead, the guy only gave me 75 cents. I was like, "Wtf, Lebron?!" Then Dirk patted me on the back and gave me the remaining 25 cents saying, "It's okay. He never gives anyone the fourth quarter..."

ram29jackson
06-10-2011, 12:07 AM
So I ran into Dirk & Lebron the other day, and I asked Lebron for a dollar. Instead, the guy only gave me 75 cents. I was like, "Wtf, Lebron?!" Then Dirk patted me on the back and gave me the remaining 25 cents saying, "It's okay. He never gives anyone the fourth quarter..."

:down: HARDY HAR HAR :D

morsdraconis
06-10-2011, 12:12 AM
:fp:

Good lord, the series isn't even over yet people. Why don't we let a team actually officially win the series before we start talking about the "king being dethroned" and saying the talk of multiple championships and whatnot are crazy talk. We have no idea if they're going to win none, one or ten championships at some point.

I wouldn't say anything about Lebron at all Smooth if it wasn't for the fact that he talks the talk but can't walk to the walk. How can he even win 1 championship, much less 2+, when he has to run to play with two other all-star players and still (seemingly) can't win it all?

Lebron was the one that said, "Win one? How about five, six, seven?" How can anyone like someone that is so arrogant yet can't seem to produce when the lights are on him?

He's playing with the 2nd best SG in the league (Wade) and probably top 5 all time at the position and can't win a championship. He has Mike Miller, who, for the most part, is absolutely deadly from behind the 3 point line. He has Bosh at the PF/C position who was FAR better in Toronto than how he's playing now. He's got great defensive roleplayers in Haslem and Jolel Anthony. Chalmers and Bibby have their games where they are able to really pure on the points. They stomped an entirely too old Celtics team. They played a Bulls team that has no idea how to score outside of Rose being a monster. They are playing probably the 3rd best team in the West in the Finals. What more must Lebron have go his way before he actually mans up and plays big boy basketball in the 4th quarter when it matters in the Finals?

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 01:01 AM

Oh I know you have. And trust me, I'm getting real tired of hearing how it is/was only a matter of time til anyone won. I was tired of hearing about the big bad Lakers. I was tired of hearing about how this was DRose and the Bulls year. I was tired of hearing about how the Celtics-Heat series was a done deal before even the first tip because it was LeBron vs. the Celtics.

I've been saying all along, this is going at least 6 games, I still think it will indeed go 7, now that Miami is back on their home court, and with as DEADLY as they have been on their home court this postseason. For me, I still personally feel that Miami is going to pull this out. If Wade, Bosh and LeBron can all get on a streak together, Dallas has no chance.

However, for all I know, Dallas may win game 6 and boom, series over. But with as tight as every one of these games have been the entire game, it is still a complete toss-up. Whether Dallas won or Miami had won tonight, it doesn't mean a thing. Both teams are still only 50-50 to win it all.

I wouldn't say anything about Lebron at all Smooth if it wasn't for the fact that he talks the talk but can't walk to the walk. How can he even win 1 championship, much less 2+, when he has to run to play with two other all-star players and still (seemingly) can't win it all?

Lebron was the one that said, "Win one? How about five, six, seven?" How can anyone like someone that is so arrogant yet can't seem to produce when the lights are on him?

He's playing with the 2nd best SG in the league (Wade) and probably top 5 all time at the position and can't win a championship. He has Mike Miller, who, for the most part, is absolutely deadly from behind the 3 point line. He has Bosh at the PF/C position who was FAR better in Toronto than how he's playing now. He's got great defensive roleplayers in Haslem and Jolel Anthony. Chalmers and Bibby have their games where they are able to really pure on the points. They stomped an entirely too old Celtics team. They played a Bulls team that has no idea how to score outside of Rose being a monster. They are playing probably the 3rd best team in the West in the Finals. What more must Lebron have go his way before he actually mans up and plays big boy basketball in the 4th quarter when it matters in the Finals?

Yes, I agree, it is bad for his image that he has to go run to Miami and team up with Wade and Bosh to try and win a championship, but in my opinion, blame the Celtics for that. They bring in Garnett and others, set up the star trifecta, and boom, they win a championship. Where they all top player superstars? No, but they still all teamed up together in Boston to win a championship. They basically created the playbook for LeBron and company.

And as for liking LeBron, me personally, as a player, damnit I respect his ass. As a superstar, yes, he is an arrogant ass and I don't care for him off the court. As for why I'm rooting for Miami over Dallas, the reason is two-fold. First, half of my friends are Cavs fans, and I am SICK of hearing them bitch and moan about LeBron this and LeBron that, as well as listening to that dumbass Cavs owner talking about winning championships and other crap before LeBron ever wins one and blah, blah, blah. Right now, I want to see LeBron solely to either shut all the Cavs idiots up.

It really is absolutely pathetic how the entire Cavs organization and fanbase is letting ONE PLAYER affect them. It's been a year, get the F*CK over it already! The longer you keep whining and moaning and saying "I HATE LEBRON", etc, you're letting him win and get the best of your organization, even though he has nothing more to do with it at all besides playing on another team in the same conference.

Second, it seems like a quarter of the other half of my friends are suddenly living in Dallas and are Mavs fans. And I'm sick of them, every night, seeing "MAVS ARE THE NEXT CHAMPIONS", "The Mavs kicked LeBron's ass!", even when it was only 1-1 in the series. God Mavs fans are almost as worst as the Cavs fans when it comes to beating the Heat. That, and apparently I just hate Dallas teams, or at least organizations. I HATE Jerry Jones. He just seems to piss me off every time I even hear his name. I can't stand the thought of him, for whatever reason that is.

The same with Mark Cuban. I hate Mark Cuban, can't stand him, and want to see the Mavs lose simply because I don't want to listen to the ass that is Cuban going on and on about how his Mavs are world champions and how they beat the Heat and etc, etc.

And as for LeBron in the fourth quarter, do we know for a fact it's choking? Or is he just going through a cold streak? He was hot all playoffs long, was great for the first couple games this Finals series. Hit rock bottom in game 4, and was decent to good tonight, but sure, he missed some shots in the 4th. It's not the first time. Other players were missing shots too for the Heat. Is it a bigger deal that he was missing shots than it is for the other players because it's LeBron, or because it's the NBA Finals, or because it was a close game at the time?

That's one thing I have always hated about, not even just LeBron haters, but Miami Heat haters. They jump ALL OVER LeBron when he has a bad game or a bad quarter or half or something. But not a damn peep out of any of them when Bosh or Wade have a horrible night. If you're going to make such a damn big deal everytime LeBron has a bad night, you damn well better be calling out Wade and Bosh everytime either one has a bad game. They're all superstars and all playing together. It's not just LeBron on the team. He gets all the blame when Miami loses, but when Miami wins, well, it's because it's Wade's team. They crucify LeBron for each loss, and yet for each win, even when he has the best game on the team, it's because it's Wade's team or because Wade and Bosh had good games.

That's another reason why I find/found myself siding more often than not on the LeBron/Heat side of matchups in these playoffs. Just because of the idiots who will instantly, seconds after a game ends, or even during, jump all over the internet crucifying LeBron for every tiny little thing they can, but never praising him even once for having an outstanding game, instead saying Miami won due to the play of Wade and Bosh or something else. Every sports website I go on, and see that crap, it just annoys the hell out of me, and I view Miami and LeBron winning, as a massive "fuck you" to those douchebags.

And just for the record, so some random member doesn't view anything I said the wrong way, all my "you" statements are made in general, not towards anyone specific on this site. Just want to make sure I save myself any future bitching from someone because they think I'm intentionally referring to them with my "you" statements. ;)

morsdraconis
06-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Yes, I agree, it is bad for his image that he has to go run to Miami and team up with Wade and Bosh to try and win a championship, but in my opinion, blame the Celtics for that. They bring in Garnett and others, set up the star trifecta, and boom, they win a championship. Where they all top player superstars? No, but they still all teamed up together in Boston to win a championship. They basically created the playbook for Lebron and company.

I had far less of a problem with them all getting together in Miami than I did with the whole big media circus that Lebron and ESPN made out of his announcement of where he was going. THAT was what pissed me off because it was presumptuously putting forth the idea that he is the most important player/best player in the league and therefore needs to have this huge event surrounding his announcement of where he was going to go. Throwing that in the face of everyone was what pissed me off because it's not true. I don't like the Lakers one bit, but Kobe still is the best player in the league, hands down.

And as for liking Lebron, me personally, as a player, damnit I respect his ass. As a superstar, yes, he is an arrogant ass and I don't care for him off the court.

Again, I had respect for him until this whole going to Miami extravaganza and all the bullshit about winning multiple championships and all that.

That, and apparently I just hate Dallas teams, or at least organizations. I HATE Jerry Jones. He just seems to piss me off every time I even hear his name. I can't stand the thought of him, for whatever reason that is.

You don't hate the Dallas Cowboys as much as I do (life long Redskins fan), but I get you there. The thing with the NBA is though, it's really not about the teams, it's about the players (thanks to Jordan and David Stern's management of the NBA). Dirk, Kidd, and Stojakovic are three of my favorite players in the league and I think all three of them deserve to win a championship before their careers are over with so I've wanted them to win ever since it was apparent that OKC wasn't gonna make it past them.

And as for Lebron in the fourth quarter, do we know for a fact it's choking? Or is he just going through a cold streak? He was hot all playoffs long, was great for the first couple games this Finals series. Hit rock bottom in game 4, and was decent to good tonight, but sure, he missed some shots in the 4th. It's not the first time. Other players were missing shots too for the Heat. Is it a bigger deal that he was missing shots than it is for the other players because it's Lebron, or because it's the NBA Finals, or because it was a close game at the time?

Any player in the top 100 players of all-time in the NBA would not allow that to happen. If he truly wants to be known as a great player, he can't disappear in the 4th quarter. There is absolutely no reason for him not to shoot the ball when it matters. There is absolutely no reason for him not to take Jason Terry in the low post and destroy him (besides the fact that Lebron refuses to learn how to play on the low block and learn anything resembling a post move - which, btw, if he did learn, he would be one of the most complete players in basketball). There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be running pick and rolls with Lebron and Wade all damn game. Lebron should want the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He should demand it. Again, no player in the top 100 NBA players of all-time would allow this shit to happen if they were still playing.

That's one thing I have always hated about, not even just Lebron haters, but Miami Heat haters. They jump ALL OVER Lebron when he has a bad game or a bad quarter or half or something. But not a damn peep out of any of them when Bosh or Wade have a horrible night. If you're going to make such a damn big deal everytime Lebron has a bad night, you damn well better be calling out Wade and Bosh everytime either one has a bad game. They're all superstars and all playing together. It's not just Lebron on the team. He gets all the blame when Miami loses, but when Miami wins, well, it's because it's Wade's team. They crucify Lebron for each loss, and yet for each win, even when he has the best game on the team, it's because it's Wade's team or because Wade and Bosh had good games.

First off, it's most definitely Wade's team. When Lebron passed the ball like it's a hot potato to somebody else when it was his chance to take Stevenson off the dribble and drain one in his eye to have a chance to win Game 3, he clearly stated to everyone, "Wade is the man in Miami, not me."

Secondly, why does everyone hate Lebron and talk about every little thing he does wrong and no one else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

That's why.

Every sports website I go on, and see that crap, it just annoys the hell out of me, and I view Miami and Lebron winning, as a massive "fuck you" to those douchebags.

And I view them losing in the playoffs and not winning championships as a massive "fuck you" to his arrogant ass. And I feel bad for Wade cause he's an amazing player and I love watching him play, but he's made himself one of the hated by being on the team.

I think Wade isn't having as much fun as they originally thought they were going to when they cooked up the idea of all getting together in the All-Star game like 5 or 6 years ago. Wade is finding out that Lebron is a pussy when it matters the most and Wade is having to carry the team because of it.

souljahbill
06-10-2011, 06:06 AM
That is not the reason they lost this game. Excuses are like assholes. Dallas has 2 of their top 7 players hurt.

I didn't say it was the reason they lost. You can't deny that it wasn't a contributing factor. I don't need to make excuses. The reason Miami lost is because Dallas scored more points.

psuexv
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM

I really wish we had that post of the day icon

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I guess LeBron and D-Wade shouldn't have made fun of Dirk :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6648286

Karma is a bitch.

morsdraconis
06-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess LeBron and D-Wade shouldn't have made fun of Dirk :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6648286

Karma is a bitch.

And yet another reason to hate Lebron and now Wade too. That's some serious bullshit.

ram29jackson
06-10-2011, 05:47 PM
man, you guys, haha

you blame Lebron for the Heat making a big deal of signing him ? he didnt put the show on.

now, while they may not win the finals..they are in fact, IN the Finals with this crew, seems to me Miami made all the right moves and 300 other players and all the teams wouldnt mind being in this position. For all the knocking the Heat are getting, they are in fact, successful and accomplished.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 08:35 PM
man, you guys, haha

you blame Lebron for the Heat making a big deal of signing him ? he didnt put the show on.

now, while they may not win the finals..they are in fact, IN the Finals with this crew, seems to me Miami made all the right moves and 300 other players and all the teams wouldnt mind being in this position. For all the knocking the Heat are getting, they are in fact, successful and accomplished.

I honestly think this hate for LeBron and the Heat wouldn't have happened if the decision and the big extravaganza at the arena didn't happen.

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I honestly think this hate for LeBron and the Heat wouldn't have happened if the decision and the big extravaganza at the arena didn't happen.

I have to a agree. Sure, the Cavs fans would still be bitching and moaning and whining because in their own little world, who ever heard of a team's number one player leaving to sign for another team? It was the Decision mostly, though the extravaganza stuff certainly didn't help any, that has caused people, who currently hate LeBron, to do so.

JBHuskers
06-10-2011, 10:23 PM
ESPN Next Level just posted a stat comparison of Dirk and LeBron in the finals in "crunch time" (last five minutes of a game, score within five).

Dirk -26 points
LeBron - 0 points

WOW :D

morsdraconis
06-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Most importantly:

Dirk - 11/11 Free Throws
Lebron - 0/0 Free Throws

Deuce
06-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Didn't Lebron just get through talking about the unfair scrutiny the Heat are under? Now, he and Wade or making fun of Dirk?? Extremely low class! First of all, I've only been into basketball since I moved to Texas about 12 years ago. Dirk is my favorite player... besides Jordan of course. I agree that the media blew the 'flu game' way out of proportion but Dirk had nothing to do with that and Wade and Lebron know this. I seriously think they are jealous of the attention. How old are they??? I honestly feel like they care more about attention then they do winning a championship. They all spoke about how they came together to win championships but I guarantee you their expectation was that every game would be the Globetrotters vs the Generals...basically treat each game as an all-star game. These guys will win a championship...I just hope they learn some humility before they do!

The best part is Wade then got hurt and spent the game limping and grimacing. KARMA REALLY IS A BITCH!

Kwizzy
06-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Most importantly:

Dirk - 11/11 Free Throws
Lebron - 0/0 Free Throws

Yup, that's what happens when you settle for jumpers.

Deuce
06-11-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

And who can forget this!!

Not only is he crying...in a wheelchair??? :D:D:fp:

JBHuskers
06-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Dirk probably would have wanted the media to not even talk about his illness at all.

morsdraconis
06-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Dirk probably would have wanted the media to not even talk about his illness at all.

Exactly. But, apparently, he was pretty damn sick. Mike Wilbon was saying on PTI yesterday that Dirk was sick enough to give Mike a cold as well from being around him.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hahaha

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
well, the owner alot of people seem to dislike got himself a championship

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
lebron still has the same amount of nba championships as what i do. ROFL

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
lebron still has the same amount of nba championships as what i do. ROFL

big difference..he has actually played in 2 of them, just saying

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 09:59 PM
MINOR/TRIVIAL STAT...A white dude just won NBA finals MVP..goodnight Larry Bird where ever you are...

souljahbill
06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Gotta give Dallas their props. I was wrong. Dallas played better and just wanted it more. The worse thing about the end of basketball season is that now there's nothing but baseball until August/September and I detest baseball.

HWill
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
The worse thing about the end of basketball season is that now there's nothing but baseball until August/September and I detest baseball.

This.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Gotta give Dallas their props. I was wrong. Dallas played better and just wanted it more. The worse thing about the end of basketball season is that now there's nothing but baseball until August/September and I detest baseball.

haha college baseball championship is coming up

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
big difference..he has actually played in 2 of them, just saying

so....he'll be the best player ever to never win a championship. lol

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
so....he'll be the best player ever to never win a championship. lol

For now. There are still many years left in his career. I'm gonna wait until he retires before saying that he is the best player ever to never win a championship. Lets not jump the gun just yet. ;)

JBHuskers
06-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Cavs owner Gilbert's Tweet to Cuban :D :D :D :D :D

"Congrats to Mark C.& entire Mavs org.," Gilbert wrote. "Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all: There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE."

Kwizzy
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Go Mavs! Hate to say I told ya so... ;)

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Cavs owner Gilbert's Tweet to Cuban :D :D :D :D :D

"Congrats to Mark C.& entire Mavs org.," Gilbert wrote. "Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all: There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE."

the Celtics Disagree

morsdraconis
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
the Celtics Disagree

The Celtics did it with FAR more than just Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. Rondo and Perkins made themselves known in that playoff run.

Also, the biggest difference between what the Celtics did and what the Heat tried to do was this:

The Celtics just played free agency and brought in two very good players (but neither were top 5 players in the league). The Heat already had a top 5 player in the league and added another along with a previously top 10 player (Bosh was TERRIBLE for the Heat compared to what he did in Toronto), with all three of those players in their prime. Pretty big difference between adding 2 aging though very talented players to a team and adding two young, in their prime, top 10 players to your team.

morsdraconis
06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
For now. There are still many years left in his career. I'm gonna wait until he retires before saying that he is the best player ever to never win a championship. Lets not jump the gun just yet. ;)

I don't know Smooth. Lebron, once again, showed that he's nothing in the end. Once again, disappeared in the 4th quarter with poor jump shots and trying to force the issue with stupid isolation street basketball. Just like the Cavs last year. Lebron and Wade trying to play street basketball instead of actually running a set play and getting a good look.

Dallas's defense really isn't even that good and they shut the Heat's best two players down the last two games and reduced them to ineffective jump shots.

NatureBoy
06-12-2011, 11:24 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/vspgs2.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

NatureBoy
06-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Some of the tweets about LeBron on twitter tonight are funny as heck. Here are some of the best.

Lebron James might have millions of dollars, but we have the same # of championship rings, and my hairline isn't receding. Delvon Roe

Breaking News Lebron James is a suspect of a jewelry robbery. Police let him go cause they couldn't find any rings on him.

*breaking news* tomorrow is Lebron James day... Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

DelonteWest - Hey Bron I'm a Propose to ur Mom so someone in the Family can get a Ring. Good Night Son!

Why didn't lebron go to college? Because he didn't wanna show up for the finals.

Motorola just came out saying that they are making a Lebron James Droid. It can only vibrate because he has NO RINGS.

ram29jackson
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
The Celtics did it with FAR more than just Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. Rondo and Perkins made themselves known in that playoff run.

Also, the biggest difference between what the Celtics did and what the Heat tried to do was this:

The Celtics just played free agency and brought in two very good players (but neither were top 5 players in the league). The Heat already had a top 5 player in the league and added another along with a previously top 10 player (Bosh was TERRIBLE for the Heat compared to what he did in Toronto), with all three of those players in their prime. Pretty big difference between adding 2 aging though very talented players to a team and adding two young, in their prime, top 10 players to your team.

Rondo and Perkins wouldn't have been in the finals without those 3. They did well because they had the other 2 to do well with.

its the same principle, bring in free agents and move up in competition. The Heat just failed at it in a first year. The difference is, they are younger and could well get there again in a better position to win.

Kwizzy
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't know Smooth. Lebron, once again, showed that he's nothing in the end. Once again, disappeared in the 4th quarter with poor jump shots and trying to force the issue with stupid isolation street basketball. Just like the Cavs last year. Lebron and Wade trying to play street basketball instead of actually running a set play and getting a good look.

Dallas's defense really isn't even that good and they shut the Heat's best two players down the last two games and reduced them to ineffective jump shots.

Might wanna check the numbers, Dallas has been one of the top defensive teams in the league all year. They have been doing that all year long.

jaymo76
06-12-2011, 11:58 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/vspgs2.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

:up: Poetic justice! :clap:

morsdraconis
06-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I think the most interesting aspect of this all is the pending strike and lockout that could result in a new CBA for the NBA that doesn't have the insanely high cap space that teams currently have and could result in one of the Miami Heat's important players not being on the team anymore because of not having enough cap space for 3 max contracts. Could Lebron see his friends dump him to the curb after this atrocious display of team ball?

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Summing up Lebron right here-

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1044414/81573422.gif

enough said

NatureBoy
06-13-2011, 07:48 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmpp6sRrxR1qi7qolo1_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lit08aUSu21qbjmh7o1_500.jpg
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

psusnoop
06-13-2011, 07:57 AM
LOL good stuff NatureBoy

cdj
06-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm headed down to Macy's today to buy my Heat championship gear (http://twitpic.com/5b08e9)!

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
If you needed further proof that LeBron is a dick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOz5Xd7uZBA

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm gonna guess some absolute idiot working either for that specific newspaper or in marketing for Macy's who couldn't tell the difference between a Miami ad and a Dallas ad. You know Macy's had ads created and ready for both teams, except the ads apparently weren't idiot-proof somewhere between the marketing division and the newspaper printer.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Front pages from Dallas (http://bit.ly/mDRIIV ), Miami (http://bit.ly/kuWfmk) and Cleveland (http://bit.ly/eWtTBb).

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 08:54 AM
@mcuban

On the plane http://t.co/ALI5wEh

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 08:58 AM
#heatlockerroomplaylist

Is trending on Twitter :D

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
From Darren Rovell:

I'm surprised that those who have spent big money on his endorsements haven't done it. Instead, they've just taken a back seat. Out of all of James' sponsors, State Farm was the only one running a relatively new, regular commercial during the Finals. His largest sponsor, Nike [NKE 81.67 2.01 (+2.52%) ], was completely silent this postseason, as was Coca-Cola [KO 64.90 -0.02 (-0.03%) ], which uses James for its Vitaminwater and Sprite brands. McDonald's [MCD 81.052 0.692 (+0.86%) ] ran its commercial with LeBron and Dwight Howard, but that was a spot that was a year and half old. Upstart energy strip Sheets is utilizing LeBron everywhere, but that has to do with the fact that James and his business partner Maverick Carter are intricately involved with the brand.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Lil Wayne & Birdman with the NBA Trophy :D (http://twitpic.com/5b0was)

Deuce
06-13-2011, 11:07 AM
If you needed further proof that LeBron is a dick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOz5Xd7uZBA

He really is a child. Whoever is 'handling' him needs to be fired. I honestly don't think he meant it to sound that bad but regardless he sounded bitter, smug, and arrogant. I dislike him but if it continues down this road my dislike will turn to empathy. ...just like it did with Mike Tyson.

Nothing good can happen when you give a 14 yr (maturity level) old fame, power, and lots and lots of money.

Some kids need to go to college and grow up first. If I was in Lebron's shoes I might be just as much of a dumbass as him.

All that being said...Dirk and the Mavs are champs and I couldn't be happier!!

Cody
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Adam Morrison is still above LeBron ring wise :smug:

NatureBoy
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
:D

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6146/lebronjamesdosequis.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7057/tumblrlmpk9eh0e71qa1r5h.jpg

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
The jokes keep pouring in :D

Apple coming out with a new Lebron phone. it will have vibrate mode only......No Ring

Kwizzy
06-13-2011, 02:51 PM
http://yfrog.com/h4l0blmoj :D Classless but pretty funny.

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Tomorrow is LeBron James Day .... everyone can leave work 12 minutes early.

morsdraconis
06-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Lebron should change his name to LeWhine Blames.

ram29jackson
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
the jokes on all of you. He's a million dollar earner at a young age for running around with a basketball, he now gets 4 weeks off to play with his millions he's been on a second place team twice in a championship...and youre making fun of him ?

...then again, his mom may be a problem....

NatureBoy
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Miami wishes they had this.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4036/big3b.png

I OU a Beatn
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
the jokes on all of you. He's a million dollar earner at a young age for running around with a basketball, he now gets 4 weeks off to play with his millions he's been on a second place team twice in a championship...and youre making fun of him ?

...then again, his mom may be a problem....

Would you like a list of why he's being made fun of?

1. He quit in Cleveland multiple times, and then eventually left because he knew he couldn't win a championship without a ton of help.
2. He almost made it like a lottery before Miami even signed him of who would butter up the most. I guess Miami did the most ass kissing.
3. Merely hours after he was signed, the parade/celebration was about the most ridiculous and laughable thing I've ever seen in my life.
4. He predicted 4+ championships, so people definitely expect some follow up when you make outrageous predictions like that.
5. Look at the Finals. The mocking of Nowitzki being sick(who is 10x the player James will ever be), the constant disappearing act in the 4th quarter, etc..

He sealed his fate today, IMO, with his bullshit comments about "everyone is going to have the same problems." I don't know if he basically meant he was richer than most of the people watching the game, but if that's truly what he meant, he may go down as one of the biggest pricks of a celebrity this world has ever seen.

Not to mention, he's just not that good. There were several instances where James was open, got the ball with a wide open shot, and missed. A lot of the time the Dallas defender didn't even bother trying to get a hand in his face because they don't respect his ability(or lackthereof) to hit a simple jump shot.

psuexv
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Not to mention, he's just not that good. There were several instances where James was open, got the ball with a wide open shot, and missed. A lot of the time the Dallas defender didn't even bother trying to get a hand in his face because they don't respect his ability(or lackthereof) to hit a simple jump shot.

This - Is Lebron James a freak of nature... yes, Is he stronger and more gifted at taking the ball to the rim drawing contact and still making a shot... yes. However when you take that away or he doesn't get aggressive enough to drive, he's not that good of a player. Is he still one of the top players in the league... absolutely, but people act like he's this complete and total package and he's not.

I compare him a lot to Shaq, physically wise. Shaq dominated because he overpowered everyone and did have great footwork around the rim. However hack a Shaq proved to be pretty effective on him. And if anyone could have moved him away from the rim he would have been an average player.

psuexv
06-14-2011, 10:36 AM
From Bill Simmons

Digging deeper: LeBron averaged 3.5 3s and 8.4 FT attempts during the regular season. In Rounds 2 and 3, he averaged 4.1 3s and 8.6 FT attempts. In the Finals, that flipped: 4.7 3s, 3.3 FT attempts. He stopped getting to the rim. You could say Dallas figured out how to defend him (to a degree, true), that the zone screwed him up (I guess), that Shawn Marion got into his head (possible), but really, he was afraid to attack the rim for whatever reason. Which, by the way, is his single greatest skill.
Will we ever figure out what happened to this guy in the Finals? Allow me to offer two dopey theories for what happened, and only because I believe everything HAS to be explained and can't accept a world in which things don't have an answer …
THEORY A
Remember when Wade tore into LeBron with three-plus minutes remaining in Game 3? When he yelled at him for eight solid seconds? When there was genuine anger in his eyes? When he did it right on the court, right in front of the other players, right in front of 20,000 fans and 10 million TV viewers?
LeBron was never the same after that.
When was the last time anyone ever really yelled at LeBron James? You'd have to go back to high school, right? He just spent the past 10 years being coddled by everyone (teammates, coaches, agents, entourage members, yes-men, general managers, owners, media members, etc.). Imagine he was a little kid (which really, he might be to some degree), and imagine you were his father and didn't believe in yelling at your kids. Now, imagine your kid screwed up in his second-grade play and, for whatever reason, you broke character, snapped, and berated him for eight seconds in front of everyone. How would he handle that? Poorly, right? He'd pretend it didn't affect him, but the more he thought about it, it would gnaw away at him (especially once his buddies said, "I can't believe your dad yelled at you like that").
Could that have been what happened to LeBron? Did those eight seconds shake his confidence beyond repair? Did he resent Wade for embarrassing him? Did he think to himself, "Fine, you want to act like this is your team, then YOU win this title?" I believe every basketball champion needs a pecking order of sorts; that's just what the history of the league told us. Miami tried to cheat this concept by putting two of the league's best three players on the same team. It worked for 8½ months; LeBron and Wade ran the team together and deferred to one another depending on the moment. Then the Finals rolled around, Wade kicked it up another gear, LeBron didn't do the same, Wade called him out … and the team was NEVER the same. These are the facts.
THEORY B
Passed along by a friend of mine in NBA circles: LeBron caved from the never-ending scrutiny (as brutal as any athlete has ever faced in the Internet era) and his shaky inner circle, which consists of one parent (his mother, who battled a ton of problems over the years), his high school friends (who assumed an inordinately crucial role in his life without any real experience), his agents (who never threw their bodies in front of "The Decision"), and Miami's management (who walked him into another fiasco with the Heat's Welcome Party). By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice and happy guy who just wants to be liked — he was never meant to be a villain, and as much as he tried to feed off the heat (no pun intended), once it piled up past a certain point, he broke. Maybe he felt that happening against the 2010 Celtics as well; maybe that's why he chose to play with Wade in the first place.
And maybe that's why, right now, he's in total denial. Even in the postgame presser, when he should have been devastated the same way Magic Johnson was distraught after coming up small in the 1984 Finals, LeBron was doing the Frank Drebin "Nothing to see here, please disperse" routine, bristling at the notion that he choked and taking shots at anyone who rooted against him. That's what you do when you're surrounded by enablers — you blame everyone else, and you never look within. He never understood that people only rooted against him because that's what you do when someone boasts before they've ever actually done anything.
Let's say you're in college and one of your buddies says, "See that girl over there? I'm taking her home tonight. And I'm doing this because I'm the funniest and best-looking guy in this room." And let's say he's COMPLETELY serious. Guess what you're doing if it doesn't happen? You're making fun of him. Relentlessly. Really, that's what 50 percent of the Miami-related vitriol was about; the other 50 percent was because LeBron tried to stack the deck by playing with his biggest rival (we didn't respect it), and because he broke Cleveland's hearts on national TV (we didn't like it). To this day, LeBron hasn't shown any real regret about last summer; that's the main reason everyone rooted against him. He couldn't handle it. He caved. And now we're here.
So it's Theory A or Theory B, or maybe both, or maybe neither. As I wrote last Wednesday, I don't know why I care so much. Maybe it's because I know LeBron might be the most talented player I will ever watch, the Wilt of this generation, and I'm going to end up being pissed off that he never reached his potential and took me to a higher place as a sports fan … which is only the entire reason we watch sports in the first place, right? Because we don't know what's going to happen next, and because once in a while, someone shows up who's so good and so talented that he makes us say, "I know what's going to happen next?" Like he's giving us sports fan ESP? The best thing about Jordan's final shot wasn't that he made it, but that we knew he would make it. That's why we revere him all these years later. Usually heroes come through only on command in movies; Jordan did it in real life. We loved him for it.
LeBron? We thought he was next. Then he fell apart against Boston. Then he chose to play with his buddy instead of beating him. Then he fell apart again. Forget about him losing; we're losing, too. Nobody has ever fully explained that part to LeBron. We rooted against him this season because it's fun to have villains in sports, and because it's fun to see an overly confident person gets his or her comeuppance. Not because we hated his guts. There will be a day when we root for LeBron James again. You wait. Either way, thanks for indulging me. Back to the diary.

Deuce
06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Great article...when did Wade yell at Lebron? I totally missed that. I need to find that video!

psuexv
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Great article...when did Wade yell at Lebron? I totally missed that. I need to find that video!

Apparently it didn't get caught on video but at 1:11 Van Gundy talks about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6IxdbH--0

psuexv
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Actually it was at 1:08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6IxdbH--0&feature=player_detailpage#t=69s

morsdraconis
06-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Bill Simmons is the man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh1T4omCX3g

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Now THAT was a party!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260250_223345694350601_212449892106848_873110_1126 28_n.jpg

Deuce
06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I am still giddy as a schoolgirl over the Mavs winning the championship.

...that is all.

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Ooooops

Mavericks' DeShawn Stevenson busted for public intoxication - http://es.pn/kocDOi

http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/espndallas/images/deshawn_200.jpg

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 11:52 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/NBA/LeBron_Chokes.gif

morsdraconis
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Peoria Chiefs poke fun at Lebron James (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=6661570)

JBHuskers
06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Peoria Chiefs poke fun at Lebron James (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=6661570)

:D :D :D

"Replica rings" -- also known as air -- will be handed out by stadium workers as fans enter the park, according to Chiefs spokesman Nathan Baliva.

JBHuskers
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
The Trophy called shotgun! RT @mcuban http://t.co/UxZeZyK

psusnoop
06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHRD10DmCc

Some language but not terrible except the last sentence really. I put spoiler on it, just to be safe though.

JBHuskers
06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Dirk was singing We Are The Champions....I think I would have rather heard Mark Madsen sing Who Let The Dogs Out.

psusnoop
06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
:D:D