PDA

View Full Version : Three New EA Sports Franchises Coming

cdj
04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
From GameInformer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/12/three-new-ea-sports-franchises-coming.aspx):

[Update]: New EA Sports football czar Cam Weber confirmed that one of the three new EA Sports titles coming is a new football game that's "fundamentally different" than the core Madden/NCAA titles. Weber made the comment when I asked him if EA Sports was still committed to things like Arena Football, Head Coach, or Street football. However, he didn't specify, however, if this new football title would be a new series or a redesign of an old football offshoot.

[Original Story] At the EA Season Opener event in San Francisco, EA Sports' Andrew Wilson talked about three brand new franchises coming from the publisher.

Talking about the need to create new experiences and tap new audiences, Wilson teased that the publisher had three new franchises in the works, but he added that they wouldn't be revealed at the event. Although EA Sports is traditionally know for sim-based sports like football and soccer, the games could be slightly outside the normal sports sphere like SSX is. Or perhaps they will be more worldwide sports like Cricket or Rugby. Who knows.

Either way, we look forward to what EA Sports is planning, and hope to hear about it soon.

Any guesses? I'm baffled.

Jayrah
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Hopefully a reintroduction to ncaa basketball! Prolly not but that would make me happier than anything else!

morsdraconis
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I hope it's not NCAA Basketball. I want 2k to do that, not EA (unless they get old guys from 2k to do it).

psuexv
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope it's not NCAA Basketball. I want 2k to do that, not EA (unless they get old guys from 2k to do it).

I don't care who does it, but I hope someone comes out with one.

texacotea
04-13-2011, 12:09 PM
college baseball would be nice :)

psuexv
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm wondering if this included baseball since we've already heard they are getting back into it.

Jayrah
04-13-2011, 02:33 PM

I do too but ea already bought the franchise rights, so they have to make it I believe. I dont care who does it really. Ncaa bball 09 was on the right track.

EDIT: ncaa bball 10 was on the right track

SmoothPancakes
04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
NCAA Baseball, NCAA Basketball, and Rugby. I would love to see that lineup.

CLW
04-13-2011, 02:54 PM
NCAA Basketball with the NCAA 10 graphics/presentation an updated roster and 2K8 gameplay. That is all.

Jayrah
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
NCAA Basketball with the NCAA 10 graphics/presentation an updated roster and 2K8 gameplay. That is all.

Lol. If it was only that easy!

CLW
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Lol. If it was only that easy!

Step 1: EA buys out 2K

Step 2: EA fires its entire basketball team and hires 2K's

Step 3: They take the basic gameplay code of 2K

Step 4: They take the graphic overlays, commentary and visuals from NCAA

Step 5: CLW plays nothing but NCAA Basketball 12 for a full year.

:nod:

JBHuskers
04-13-2011, 05:51 PM
My guess without any knowledge on the situation is NFL Blitz, MLB Baseball, and Cricket to have another global title....

I OU a Beatn
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't even think they can do a MLB game. I'm pretty sure 2k has that exclusively. The only reason Sony gets to do The Show is because it's first party and these exclusive deals do not apply to first party developed games.

UGA14
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
2K's exclusivity is running out

SmoothPancakes
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
My guess without any knowledge on the situation is NFL Blitz, MLB Baseball, and Cricket to have another global title....

If they want to have another global title, screw Cricket. For the love of God, please do Rugby. I miss the Rugby games of the original Xbox and PS2 days. Some of the best games I ever played.

NatureBoy
04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I would love to see a Rugby game and a new NFL Blitz.

JBHuskers
04-13-2011, 08:27 PM
2k's deal ends in 2012 and most think they will not renew.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Cricket is pretty much only ivy league schools and the British. Rugby, on the other hand, is nearly as worldwide as Soccer. They'd be foolish not to make another Rugby game (not that I ever played any of their previous ones, but, business-wise, it makes quite a bit of sense).

CLW
04-13-2011, 09:07 PM
serious guesses:

2012 Summer Olympics - EA could release one every 2 years to coincide with the winter and summer games

NFL Blitz (or some other arcade sports title like Jam)

MVP

Unfortunately, I just dont see EA going back to college bball with #1 the lack of sales and #2 the uncertainty of the Keller et al. likeness lawsuits.

jaymo76
04-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I know it will never happen but I have wanted a CFL (Canadian) game for decades. I know, I know, keep dreaming...

cdj
04-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I forgot about the NFL Blitz rumors (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1282-Rumor-EA-SPORTS-working-on-new-NFL-Blitz&highlight=blitz). That would make sense. Baseball? Maybe if 2K has already informed MLB they will not be renewing the license but I doubt they would do that so soon. Cricket has been an oft-requested feature in the comments of almost every blog by Peter Moore, but I have no clue if there is a legit market out there for it.

JeffHCross
04-17-2011, 01:15 PM
NCAA Baseball, NCAA Basketball, and Rugby. I would love to see that lineup.

For the love of God, please do Rugby.

I would love to see a Rugby game and a new NFL Blitz.
The new Rugby game is being developed by HB Studios (same group that made the PS2 versions for EA) and published by 505 Games (Backbreaker), and it's scheduled for release later this year. If EA was going to make a Rugby game, they would have already made a deal with HB again, I would think.