PDA

View Full Version : Cracked: 20 Worst NES Games of All-Time

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
This is a hilarious list....

http://www.cracked.com/article_18581_the-20-worst-nes-games-all-time.html?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Tech&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I remember Renegade being atrocious for the NES....and it was a great arcade game.

http://i-beta.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/1/5/6/24156.jpg?v=1

gschwendt
04-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I remember liking The Legend of Kage... though that was forever ago so I may be misremembering.

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I remember liking The Legend of Kage... though that was forever ago so I may be misremembering.

I remember the title...but I don't think I ever played it.

steelerfan
04-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Luckily, Renegade was the only one on that list I ever owned. Even luckier, I beat Renegade in about 3 days and returned it for Castlevania. Unfortunately, within a couple weeks of this transaction, you could no longer return opened games for a different game. Lol!

morsdraconis
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry, but Deadly Towers is not the worst NES game ever. Ghostbusters is, and by a pretty large amount (though that Dragonlance game is pretty fuckin' bad as well).

Deadly Towers is actually playable. Ghostbusters and the Dragonlance game aren't.

Solidice
04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't think I've ever played any one of those games before. guess I didn't miss out on much. lol

cdj
04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Deadly Towers is actually playable. Ghostbusters and the Dragonlance game aren't.

I didn't mind Ghostbusters until you get to the point where you have to go up the stairs in the apartment complex (I think that was the building). That was impossible and I never got past that point.

Back to the Future wasn't very good - wouldn't call it bad, necessarily - it was essentially a Paperboy knock-off. I didn't get very far in that one either.

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Luckily, Renegade was the only one on that list I ever owned. Even luckier, I beat Renegade in about 3 days and returned it for Castlevania. Unfortunately, within a couple weeks of this transaction, you could no longer return opened games for a different game. Lol!

Yeah right, we all know you played Bible Adventures....

JeffHCross
04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I didn't mind Ghostbusters until you get to the point where you have to go up the stairs in the apartment complex (I think that was the building). That was impossible and I never got past that point.Top Gun + Landing. Nuff said.

morsdraconis
04-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Top Gun + Landing. Nuff said.

Totally forgot about Top Gun. That and Ghostbusters deserve to definitely be in the top 3. Being impossible to beat is far more frustrating than little things here or there that make it difficult or VERY challenging (like Back to the Future, Fester's Quest, and Deadly Towers).

cdj
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I've heard quite a few people say they hated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but that's one of my favorite NES games. It was very fulfilling to beat that game. If you lost all four turtles, the game was over and you had to start at the beginning.

JBHuskers
04-08-2011, 08:37 AM
I've heard quite a few people say they hated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but that's one of my favorite NES games. It was very fulfilling to beat that game. If you lost all four turtles, the game was over and you had to start at the beginning.

Yeah I rarely got past level 5....I think I got to level 6 once or twice.

Another game that was horrible and impossible was Time Lord. It was by Milton Bradley. I think it was literally impossible to make it past level 2.

steelerfan
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah right, we all know you played Bible Adventures....

Just to drown Moses. ;)