PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete Photo Shoots

cdj
04-04-2011, 10:24 AM
http://thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA12/NCAA12BlankCover.jpg

While voting ends tonight for the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete, the four candidates have all taken part in their photo shoot should they be on the game's cover. The winner will be announced April 19 on ESPN's "First Take."

Continue on to see behind the scenes video of Nick Fairley, Mark Ingram, DeMarco Murray, and Jake Locker at their NCAA Football 12 campaign & cover photo shoots.

Auburn DL Nick Fairley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKLrnUp_1s&feature=feedu

Alabama RB Mark Ingram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4msVaHyeM&feature=feedu

Washington QB Jake Locker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt1ee7TWX-0

Oklahoma RB DeMarco Murray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZfNKxSxNCA

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd like to see Fairley on the cover just so that the shot of him at 0:37 could be on the cover.

CLW
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
They must have gotten these 4 guys on the cheap to actually do photoshoots for all 4 of them when only 1 of them is going to actually be used on the final product. Either that or EA has more $ to blow than I do.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
They must have gotten these 4 guys on the cheap to actually do photoshoots for all 4 of them when only 1 of them is going to actually be used on the final product. Either that or EA has more $ to blow than I do.
Well, they had to have them in to do a photoshoot for each in order to market the voting process itself... why not go ahead and do the actual cover shoot then as well. BUT, I'm sure only the guy that gets voted gets the actual "big" money contract for the cover.

Jayrah
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Hopefully with the voting ending tonight we get some really big news early this week for 12!

CLW
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, they had to have them in to do a photoshoot for each in order to market the voting process itself... why not go ahead and do the actual cover shoot then as well. BUT, I'm sure only the guy that gets voted gets the actual "big" money contract for the cover.

Maybe I'm crazy but if I were any of these athletes' agent/attorney I'd be sure that my client was being paid for this marketing campaign win/lose/draw. Now whether it is less than the actual cover athlete normally gets is another issue.

However, I would be surprised if EA wasn't spending more $ on the cover athletes in total this year than normal (other than the multi athlete year). The question for EA is whether that extra "investment" into the potential cover athletes is whether it generates any extra sales in the end. While it might generate more "buzz" I'm not sure it translates into additional game sales.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe I'm crazy but if I were any of these athletes' agent/attorney I'd be sure that my client was being paid for this marketing campaign win/lose/draw. Now whether it is less than the actual cover athlete normally gets is another issue.

However, I would be surprised if EA wasn't spending more $ on the cover athletes in total this year than normal (other than the multi athlete year). The question for EA is whether that extra "investment" into the potential cover athletes is whether it generates any extra sales in the end. While it might generate more "buzz" I'm not sure it translates into additional game sales.
Oh, I'm sure they each received some sort of compensation, I was just saying not as much as the actual cover athlete gets. But, like you mentioned, lets say the non-cover athletes are getting 1/4 of the normal cover athlete... that's still presumably less than what they've paid when they have four individual covers. I think the buzz is worth it... you see a lot more people talking about the game in April other than the hardcore followers. You have four potential schools talking about getting their athlete on the cover and then the surprising result of the UFC spreading it throughout their market. I imagine this turned out about as well as EA could have hoped.

CLW
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh, I'm sure they each received some sort of compensation, I was just saying not as much as the actual cover athlete gets. But, like you mentioned, lets say the non-cover athletes are getting 1/4 of the normal cover athlete... that's still presumably less than what they've paid when they have four individual covers. I think the buzz is worth it... you see a lot more people talking about the game in April other than the hardcore followers. You have four potential schools talking about getting their athlete on the cover and then the surprising result of the UFC spreading it throughout their market. I imagine this turned out about as well as EA could have hoped.

I agree it definitely has created more "buzz" than normal. There are definitely better business minds than yours truly out there. However, my point simply was/is I'm not sure if this extra "buzz"/"hype" created by the voting/4 athletes will generate the extra sales to offset the likely additional expense of having to pay for the 4 potential cover athletes plus the regular (I presume) cover athlete pay for the eventual winner.