PDA

View Full Version : Week 13, 2015

Oneback
04-03-2011, 08:02 AM
=============== Oklahoma Sooners (6-4) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 38-21 against USC (7-3).
This week, the Sooners travel to College Station to face the #14 Texas A&M Aggies (8-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS John Rush has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #3 Clemson Tigers (11-0) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-6).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Bobby Anderson has committed to Clemson
- (***) SS Richard Horner has committed to Auburn
- (***) MLB Jacob Jackson has committed to Clemson
- (****) HB Freddie Grant has committed to Alabama
- (*) P Sam Coleman has committed to UCF
- (***) K Steve Reid has committed to Florida

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (9-2) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 37-12 against Fresno State (7-3).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Gainesville to face the #8 Florida Gators (9-1).

=============== #7 Miami Hurricanes (9-1) ===============
Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
This week, the Hurricanes will host Virginia (5-5).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) CB Robert Clarke has committed to Miami
- (***) HB Ryan Peterson has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) ROLB Bryan Brunner has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #15 Michigan Wolverines (8-3) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 44-10 against Wisconsin (10-0).
This week, the Wolverines will host Ohio State (7-3).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Charles McKenzie has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) HB Jay Jones has committed to Penn State

=============== #14 Texas A&M Aggies (8-2) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 31-7 against Oklahoma State (3-8).
This week, the Aggies will host Oklahoma (6-4).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) CB Robert Clarke has committed to Miami

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-3) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (5-5).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) K Jeremy Williams has committed to USC
- (****) HB Jay Jones has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (5-5) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the #16 USC Trojans (7-3).

=============== #16 USC Trojans (7-3) ===============
Last week, USC won 38-21 against Oklahoma (6-4).
This week, the Trojans will host Oregon (5-5).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) K Jeremy Williams has committed to USC

=============== #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-2) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 31-21 against Virginia (5-5).
This week, the Hokies will host North Carolina (6-4).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Thomas Minor has committed to Auburn
- (****) HB Freddie Grant has committed to Alabama
- (****) LOLB David Livingston has committed to Virginia Tech
- (*****) QB Brent Lester has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (9-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 77-7 against Cal (2-6).
This week, the Longhorns will host UCLA (4-5).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LG Lewis Jones has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (10-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 44-10 against Michigan (8-3).
This week, the Badgers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-8).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Earl Daniels has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) WR Steven Quinn has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) ROLB Bryan Brunner has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) HB Ryan Peterson has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) LE Patrick Whaley has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papa LoneStar
04-03-2011, 10:04 AM
:Texas:

Coach LoneStar lets the seniors go out in style as they dominate UCLA 84-7 in Austin on Senior Day.

Longhorn offense:

580 yards (383 ground, 197 air), 7-7 redzone TDs

QB Carlos McDaniel, Jr RS: 11-13 197 yards 3 TD 1 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Sr: 25 car 289 yards 6 TD

RB Jerome Brown, So RS: 11 car 87 yards 1 TD

TE Chris Hall, Sr: 4 rec 115 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense:

6-14 3rd down conversions, 4 turnovers forced

DT Lance Gibson, Sr RS: 10 tackles (5 TFL), 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery

CB Andre Clark, Fr RS: 3 tackles, 1 INT-TD (24 yards)

CB C.J. Gross, Sr: 1 INT-TD (77 yards)

Longhorn back Earl Campbell II needs 123 yards and 2 TD to be the NCAA all-time leading rusher (Wisconsin's Ron Dayne....1998) and break his own single-season rushing TD record (47 in 2014). A college football living legend only has 2 more games left in his career.

Next up: The 2015 Lone Star Showdown....#5 Texas at #14 Texas A&M....7pm central....ESPN

gschwendt
04-03-2011, 03:12 PM
After helping to defeat rival Minnesota 59-6, Wisconsin HB Jess Hunter needs only 17 yards rushing to join his fellow runningbacks in each having 1000 yards rushing on the season. Hunter and crew combined for 511 yards rushing against the Golden Gophers and added 8 rushing touchdowns. Wisconsin faces a tough challenge next week as they travel to Miami, FL to face ryby6969 and his Hurricanes.

Oneback
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
My getting on the PS3 this week will be hit and miss as I've got family in town. I've got a new playbook as well, but I don't want to make it official until I am sure I will be switching.

psuexv
04-04-2011, 09:01 AM
KP - When do you want to play this week? I'm available any day after 9 EST

psusnoop
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
ID, Jeff was wondering if you were planning on watching the NCAA game tonight? He is going to watch it but would like your schedule.

psuexv
04-04-2011, 12:04 PM
ID, Jeff was wondering if you were planning on watching the NCAA game tonight? He is going to watch it but would like your schedule.

:D :D I can just see this now. Jeff with his feet propped up on his desk, Snoop in his school girl outfit in a elementary school desk. "Snoop - take a message. ID, are you planning on watching the NCAA game tonight? "

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
:D :D I can just see this now. Jeff with his feet propped up on his desk, Snoop in his school girl outfit in a elementary school desk. "Snoop - take a message. ID, are you planning on watching the NCAA game tonight? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHxS8wlDngI

psuexv
04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
LMAO - that's awesome

Papa LoneStar
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Lmao @ both of yall

psusnoop
04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
LMAO, this would be even better if I wasn't involved. Son of a b****, ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

Iron Dragon
04-04-2011, 04:12 PM
FW: Is ID watching the game??

Dear psusnoop,

Thank you for the post. Please inform JeffHCross that I will be watching the national championship tonight. I will be allowed to come out and play Tuesday and the rest of the week after around 4 or so.

Sincerely,
Iron Dragon

psusnoop
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Hahaha, to funny

psuexv
04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Lmao @ id

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
:D :D I can just see this now. Jeff with his feet propped up on his desk, Snoop in his school girl outfit in a elementary school desk. "Snoop - take a message. ID, are you planning on watching the NCAA game tonight? "Two things:
1. When reading this on my phone, there was inexplicably a new line between the two smilies, and it wrapped between pages. So I'm scrolling down and see the quote, then the :D. And I'm like, wtf is he laughing about?
2. It was actually more like this: Jeff balancing a half-full cafeteria tray on one hand while texting on his years-old-phone with the other hand in the thirty minutes of cell phone signal he has per day. :smh:

psuexv
04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
You have a cafeteria at work? That's awesome... how's the food? Is it fairly inexpensive?

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
You have a cafeteria at work? That's awesome... how's the food? Is it fairly inexpensive?Decent but unspectacular, and more expensive than I'd like, but all in all not that bad for the area.

JeffHCross
04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you for the post. Please inform JeffHCross that I will be watching the national championship tonight. I will be allowed to come out and play Tuesday and the rest of the week after around 4 or so.
Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.

I hope to be home around 7 or 7:30 Tuesday. We should be able to get it in tomorrow night.

RcSinger
04-05-2011, 10:17 AM
With the season wrapping up, I'd like to see about scheduling some users for next season.
I am interested in:
Oregon
Texas A&M
USC*
Clemson
What do you guys think?

psuexv
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
With the season wrapping up, I'd like to see about scheduling some users for next season.
I am interested in:
Oregon
Texas A&M
USC*
Clemson
What do you guys think?

Why does USC get the *? I'm assuming my traditional game with PSU is still on and I'd like to keep ND on my schedule since it's one of my only rivals besides UCLA. I'm not sure if Tommy and I were doing a home/home but if I'm not playing Wisky this year I'll schedule you.

psusnoop
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Oh I want USC that is a given.

PSU has:
USC
Texas A&M
Flordia State (if prime is back for the next season) if not I'll take 1 more team. Maybe Miami, Oklahoma since I haven't played either of them yet in an home and home.

psusnoop
04-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Why does USC get the *?

Because your "special" :nod:

Oneback
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I need to play Va Tech, Oklahoma and Oregon as they are the only teams I haven't played thus far.

ryby6969
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Next year I play G at his house I believe but I am open to play someone else(maybe 2 depending on Prime) next season.

RcSinger
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
The * was a" note to self" that I forgot to erase before posting. Was checking for teams rated near what my team is rated. Thusfar I have mainly played against straight A's and have gotten my "Hokie" kicked.

JeffHCross
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
With the season wrapping up, I'd like to see about scheduling some users for next season. If we can fit it in (I know I have a game against Snoop, a rivalry game against Arky and 9 conference games, so scheduling might be difficult), I'm game.

JeffHCross
04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
It's arguable if the cliche "defenses win championships" is still true. But no one can argue that the defense won the game for Texas A&M tonight.

A&M erases a 2nd quarter deficit and sends the 12th Man home happy, defeating Oklahoma 48-28, though the game was closer than the score indicates.

A&M was Jekyll & Hyde offensively, early. They moved the ball quickly down the field, but were only able to get 1 yard after starting 1st & Goal at the 10, settling for a field goal. Oklahoma took advantage, scoring on a 9-play drive to take a 7-3 lead. After an Aggie punt, Oklahoma would score again in the first minute of the 2nd quarter, leading 14-3.

And that's where everything went downhill for Oklahoma.

First, Senior Ricky Lynch took the ensuing kickoff 95 yards for a TD. 14-10.
Then, QB Williams was intercepted on the first play from scrimmage by SS Clayton Tate. A&M would tack on a FG. 14-13.
On the next play from scrimmage, Williams was again intercepted, this time by OLB Jon Murphy. Pick Six. 20-14.
On the next play from scrimmage, backup QB Smith was intercepted by Tate, his second in three defensive plays. The offense finally got going and scored a TD. 27-14.

Oklahoma wouldn't go down easy, scoring on another 9 play drive to make it 27-21 at the half. A&M would threaten to score in the 3rd quarter before the defenses made big plays again. A&M QB Patrick Melton threw his first interception of the season; then the A&M defense forced, and recovered, a fumble five plays later. A&M would need a 4th down conversion, but they would score five plays later and go up 34-21. The final score was 48-28 after a few relatively meaningless 4th quarter TDs.

Despite yielding 433 total yards, the A&M defense stopped two 4th down conversion attempts and forced 4 turnovers, more often than not in Oklahoma territory. The A&M offense was a lethargic 2/8 on 3rd down conversions, so they needed all the help they could get.

JeffHCross
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Oneback (Game + Recruiting)
Escobar (Game + Recruiting)
Kingpin (Looks like Recruiting)
and FSUPrime (Game + Recruiting)
remain.

Kingpin32
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm done, it seems to never set me as ready when set it. But I wouldn't mind playing Michigan and VA Tech next year

gschwendt
04-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm done, it seems to never set me as ready when set it. But I wouldn't mind playing Michigan and VA Tech next yearTo fix that, you'll have to retire from the OD next week, then rejoin. It's a bug from when we recreated the OD.

Oneback
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
It'll probably be tomorrow before I am able to get on the PS3.

fsuprime
04-06-2011, 12:07 PM
playing my game now

fsuprime
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
nm EA servers acting up surprise surprise lol, ncaa2k8 basketball it is :)