PDA

View Full Version : Breakaway Speed

Daywalker86
03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
So just wondering what everyone's opinion on this was.

In my opinion, there has been a lack of that breakaway speed factor in NCAA the last two games.
The fact that acceleration plays into the way players move now is a bonus, but i feel like I have guys with high top end speed getting caught from behind ALLLLLL THE TIME in the open field.

I liked how in NCAA09, if a player was a burner, you better keep him in front of you. Now, there were farrrrrr too many players that were extremely fast in 09, and it ruined the balance. But it seems like they have overcompensated for that the past two years to me. There should still be players with game breaking speed. I just haven't seen it no matter what their SPD and ACC ratings are.

Should be added that this is especially true on heisman....but that's how it's always been haha :nod:

morsdraconis
03-30-2011, 11:02 AM
If you can get the setup for the speed threshold and defensive tackling and such correct, you can see breakaway speed happening (especially if it's elite speed) but it's definitely not like what you would expect.

Daywalker86
03-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Did you find a speed threshold setting that does the best job in your opinion? What do you use?

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Did you find a speed threshold setting that does the best job in your opinion? What do you use?

I use 15, and I like the results.

Daywalker86
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
i'll have to try that out. I hope that is something they address this year.

make defenders react smarter instead of adjusting speed to try and compensate for it.

jaymo76
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
I use 15, and I like the results.

I actually went to ZERO and I love it. Fast is fast and slow is slow. You can get burned big time if you run a risky, aggressive blitz, coverage, etc.

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I actually went to ZERO and I love it. Fast is fast and slow is slow. You can get burned big time if you run a risky, aggressive blitz, coverage, etc.

My only experience with 0 is in the TGT OD. Guys were rushing for 3000+ yards (of course, there were other slider issues that contributed to that). Offline, I use 15.

Daywalker86
03-30-2011, 02:39 PM
My only experience with 0 is in the TGT OD. Guys were rushing for 3000+ yards (of course, there were other slider issues that contributed to that). Offline, I use 15.

Yea it shouldn't be as blown open as 09 was, but there should still be that threat. Some guys in the open should be biiiiiig trouble.

jaymo76
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Yea it shouldn't be as blown open as 09 was, but there should still be that threat. Some guys in the open should be biiiiiig trouble.

Well offline needs slider tweaks if you play as zero. However, in no way does ZERO with the proper slider tweaks make 11 look like 09. One of the worst games ever IMO!

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Echoing what others guys have said, Daywalker, with the proper speed threshold, you can definitely still see breakaway guys. I've even broken away with less-than-stellar SPD guys just by virtue of where I was on the field, how far away they were, etc.

Daywalker86
03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Agreed
I wonder if this is something they will re-tool in their locomotion engine for NCAA12

Sinister
04-06-2011, 02:46 PM
i have mine set at 25 get good results, sometimes i get caught from behind other times not. I hope they do refine locomotion, but for the defense. and do something about that goofy square shuffles that happens on offense.