PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Madden NFL 12 Teaser Trailer - Now What Do You See?

cdj
03-29-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ewSjgagFw

It's been one week since the teaser trailer for Madden NFL 12 was released and it's time to put the video under the microscope to try and learn what features may be coming to the game.

With this closer look, now what do you see? Post your thoughts on what these ten aspects of the teaser trailer will translate to in Madden NFL 12.

skipwondah33
03-29-2011, 11:13 AM
#1 Real-time game updates in franchise mode possibly

#2 Player tendencies, hopefully allowing players to play like their real-life counterparts.

#3 Historic players to Ultimate team? or history players in general

#4 Team-specific entrances and mascots

#5 Pressure induced FG's maybe?...with a different camera angle too? which can be possible tipped??

#6 Authentic stadiums, all 32

#7 Custom playbooks

#8 Surprise onside kicks

#9 Hot and cold streaks

#10 3D grass and new nike gear taking over as the official sponser lol

I'll say I love #2, #5, #7 and #10 right off the bat.

ram29jackson
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
legends should be available in game as well as the silly ultimate team

JeffHCross
03-29-2011, 10:17 PM
With this closer look, now what do you see?The same things I saw the first time around? Lol.

cdj
03-29-2011, 10:44 PM
The same things I saw the first time around? Lol.

You could read all that text from the get-go? Your mother must be a hawk and your father a magnifying glass. :P

After watching the video close-up, I'm going to change a few of my initial guesses:

1. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's Online Franchise related.
2. Enhanced Player Tendencies/Ratings
3. Madden Ultimate Team: Focuses on Payton, so perhaps this means more legends?
4. Team specific entrances, including mascots and props
5. Not sure. I don't think unique kicking styles is something they'd put in this trailer.
6. Stadium Panoramic: Looks like what I expect from TV coverage (pre-game, commercial breaks). Not sure what it means in-game exactly. Maybe more pre-play, between quarter shots?
7. Custom Playbooks. Text on screen couldn't be any clearer.
8. Quick Onside Kicks.
9. Dynamic Player Performance
10. 3D Grass, Turf, & Particles (as NCAA 12 announced)

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Actually, yes, I could read most of it from the get go. Believe I did full screen, can't remember for sure.

I also read Pasta's write-up, which gave me some idea of what was in the vid ;)

1. Some kind of in-game update. Obviously has something to do with online of some type. Perhaps not Online Franchise, but has to be Online. Otherwise "BestGamertagEver" and "Chat" make absolutely no sense.
2. Player Tendencies. Can't tell if they're settable or pre-set. Probably pre-set.
3. Walter Payton + Ultimate Team. According to Pasta, he's the only known HoF'er in MUT. So that seems to say Legends, or HoF, in MUT.
4. Team-specific entrances, mascots, props, and huge inflatable helmet.
5. Changes to kicking, obviously. Probably something related to clutch field goals or pressure situations.
6. Stadiums with improved atmosphere. Maybe presentation aspects that include stadium fly-overs? Don't recall seeing any blimp shots in previous Madden's.
7. Custom. Playbook.
8. Quick Onside Kick.
9. Hotstreaks / Coldstreaks / Player Performance
10. 3D Grass