PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 - Demo Release Date

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?177-NCAA-Football-11-Demo-Release-Date

beartide06
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
This is great news. It was actually when I thought it would be released, which was right before E3. I wonder if they will elaborate more on what teams and the rules in the demo. Game length, difficulty, etc.

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
When CDJ & I were down to Tiburon for the NFL Draft, it sounded like they weren't going to announce it until E3. Basically to say, "hey by the way you may wanna turn on your consoles as it is now out." Definitely nothing wrong with them announcing it ahead of time either, but it will be a long two weeks for some :D

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:02 PM
When CDJ & I were down to Tiburon for the NFL Draft, it sounded like they weren't going to announce it until E3. Basically to say, "hey by the way you may wanna turn on your consoles as it is now out." Definitely nothing wrong with them announcing it ahead of time either, but it will be a long two weeks for some :D

Some people may look at your post wrong and think that you meant the demo is actually out right now hahaha. Then they will explain how much of a tease you are:D

Well I think It's a good idea to release it right before E3. Hopefully, like I said before, they will elaborate on the details of the demo soon.

Flav
05-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you!! The only thing I'm gonna be playing until the game releases.

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Thank you!! The only thing I'm gonna be playing until the game releases.

Same here. I better go ahead and play all of the red dead I can now, because in two weeks I won't play anything but the 11 demo lol.

cdj
05-28-2010, 03:19 PM

The rest of the demo details may not come out until then; teams and what-not.

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Some people may look at your post wrong and think that you meant the demo is actually out right now hahaha. Then they will explain how much of a tease you are:D

Well I think It's a good idea to release it right before E3. Hopefully, like I said before, they will elaborate on the details of the demo soon.

Well then if my thread title poses a tease, I'm doing my job then!

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
The rest of the demo details may not come out until then; teams and what-not.

Oh ok well I can wait haha. I think it will be Texas and Alabama because of the national championship teams being common in previous years.

Well then if my thread title poses a tease, I'm doing my job then!

haha nahh not to me it doesn't, but you do your job well in other areas lol.

Coachdenz
05-28-2010, 03:29 PM
This is good news, I hope my Tide is in the demo............if so I'm gonna run over some defenders with Mark Ingram and then hit them with Trent Richardson!!! and if that's not enough will give Eddie Lacy a shot at running over people!!! It's going to be like my APF2k8 days with Earl Campbell.......whoot.....

then again I might be to excited and have to with with UVA and Ohio State......

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
I also hope the demo is at least 5 min quarters. That would be so sweet to be able to have that much time playing the game as Alabama. Plus, it would give me practice for my OD and the gamestop tournament lol.

Solidice
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I hope they include a variety of teams, maybe one from each offensive style?

morsdraconis
05-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I hope they include a variety of teams, maybe one from each offensive style?

That would be REALLY awesome.

They did that and I would play it from release until the game came out!

UGA14
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm sure it will be Alabama - Texas with 2 minute quarters.

Rudy
05-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm guessing Bama-Texas because they feature the different styles and are popular. I think they may do 5 minute quarters with accelerated clock ;) . What I would love to see is for the demo just to start in OT. No clock - just score and you can choose whatever style you want because of the format. Two minute (or one minute like Madden 10's demo) is just way too short to get a feel for the game. You are constantly in hurry up mode.

AustinWolv
05-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Awesome, right after I get back from vacation. :D

xRomo9
05-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm ready for some Football!!!!

Buckeye
05-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Can't wait for the demo! Will we be seeing a team like TCU with their Pro Combat Jerseys in it? Of course, I would be more interested in checking out their 4-2-5 playbook :)

Gamecock999
05-29-2010, 08:21 PM
If I remember correctly, over the past few years, the demo plays much differently than the real game. They have used the demo in the past to fix some bugs for the release. Either way, I'm ready, but cautious. :)

jaymo76
05-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Great news though I wish the 360 and ps3 demos dropped at the same time.

JBHuskers
05-30-2010, 05:01 AM
If I remember correctly, over the past few years, the demo plays much differently than the real game. They have used the demo in the past to fix some bugs for the release. Either way, I'm ready, but cautious. :)

Yeah the demo (for any game really) is not intended for the hardcore audience. It's for the casual audience to come on board.

Rudy
05-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Screw the casuals! Give me slider options and let me develop a slider set lol.

Iron Dragon
05-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I hope there is more than two teams..

beartide06
05-30-2010, 05:06 PM
I hope there is more than two teams..

I think if they had a team for each offensive style that would be really neat. That may not be likely, but It's a thought.

cdj
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
I think if they had a team for each offensive style that would be really neat. That may not be likely, but It's a thought.

That would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure how much that would balloon up the demo file size. Maybe they could do four or something some year. That is a good idea, though.

Solidice
06-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm really thinking that the demo will have Ohio State and Florida in it. they are posting pics of them this week, and they were #1 and #2 in total points on Season Showdown, so they must be the most "popular" ;)

Rudy
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm guessing the demo build is pretty old with how quick they confirmed the demo date. Hopefully it's still a good representation and has some decent options.

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing the demo build is pretty old with how quick they confirmed the demo date. Hopefully it's still a good representation and has some decent options.

It will be from late April / Early May.