PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 2015

psusnoop
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome to Week 10!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Oklahoma Sooners (4-3) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 49-42 against Arkansas (3-5).
This week, the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Eric Shaffer has committed to Utah
- (*****) HB Dan Weatherford has committed to Stanford
- (*****) QB Brent Martin has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Clemson Tigers (9-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 49-14 against Georgia Tech (3-4).
This week, the Tigers travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Billy Medlock has committed to Clemson
- (****) WR Jesse Robinson has committed to Clemson
- (*****) HB Lance Arnold has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (7-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 69-6 against Maryland (4-4).
This week, the Seminoles will host NC State (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR William Parham has committed to Penn State
- (***) WR Carl Mason has committed to Florida State
- (****) DT John McKinley has committed to Florida State
- (****) LT Terence Kent has committed to Florida State

=============== #5 Miami Hurricanes (7-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 56-0 against North Carolina (4-4).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Blacksburg to face the #14 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Brent Martin has committed to Miami

=============== #12 Michigan Wolverines (6-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 28-16 against Illinois (3-4).
This week, the Wolverines will host Minnesota (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE James Irby has committed to Michigan
- (*****) DT Justin Wood has committed to TCU

=============== #21 Texas A&M Aggies (5-2) ===============
Last week the Aggies were idle.
This week, the Aggies will host Cal (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Kyle Fisher has committed to Colorado

=============== #16 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-3) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 68-0 against Indiana (3-5).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #17 Ohio State (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Lamar Manning has committed to Penn State
- (****) DT Jeff Horner has committed to Penn State
- (*****) DT Justin Wood has committed to TCU

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-4) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks will host #4 Texas (6-1).

=============== #13 USC Trojans (5-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 63-10 against Cal (1-4).
This week, the Trojans travel to South Bend to face the #24 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Michael Sims has committed to USC
- (*****) HB Dan Weatherford has committed to Stanford
- (***) CB Kyle Johnson has committed to USC
- (*****) QB Troy Francis has committed to USC

=============== #14 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 30-17 against Boston College (3-5).
This week, the Hokies will host #5 Miami (7-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Lawrence Anderson has committed to Virginia Tech
- (*****) HB Lance Arnold has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (6-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 80-0 against Oregon State (3-4).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (4-4).

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (7-0) ===============
Last week the Badgers were idle.
This week, the Badgers will host Indiana (3-5).

psusnoop
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Recruiting is starting to pick a little for PSU as of late, with some solid commits. Looking forward to battling through this season and kicking off a fresh season. Keep pushing guys!

Kingpin32
03-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Papa when you free to play?

Papa LoneStar
03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
If you can....I would LOVE to be able to kickoff between 4-4:30pm....I have to be at work at 6:30pm today. If not....late tonight, 4-4:30pm tommorrow, late Friday night....or anytime on Saturday.

Kingpin32
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
If you can....I would LOVE to be able to kickoff between 4-4:30pm....I have to be at work at 6:30pm today. If not....late tonight, 4-4:30pm tommorrow, late Friday night....or anytime on Saturday.

4-4:30 could work tomorrow. I'm in class today during those times, but barring a late change to my work schedule I'll be free. If not then Friday night will work too.

Papa LoneStar
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Aight....I'll see ya Friday....is your # still 0397?

Kingpin32
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but if I don't answer a text, it's cause Sprint has me shut down right now. I should be back up and running sometime tomorrow though

ryby6969
03-24-2011, 02:41 PM
RC, when can you go? I have offseason tonight in the TGT PS3 OD and tomorrow night I will be in bed by 7pm est. Saturday I can play from like 3pm est on so let me know what works for you.

ryby6969
03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Miami vs Va Tech kicking off in a few moments.

ryby6969
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Miami knocks off VT 44-10. GG RC. My running game and defense started to get it going late in the 2nd qtr and into the 2nd half.

RcSinger
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
that 4th and 3 play from the 30 in the 1st quarter was key. I was building momentum and that play and subsequent TD neutralized it. From that point on, I had 1 good drive every 2 TD's you scored.

Again I have to say, I can't play with you guys. I have no idea why I had such success on both sides of the ball early and it fell off on both sides after midway through the 2nd. I didn't change anything really.

Why is it that every time the game gets to going that way, suddenly no matter what I pick defensively, I never have defenders in position on the run? Why is it that you (or anyone else) always has defenders in position?

Why is it that I can have a DB lined up perfect for an INT but he drops it every time, but your DB's can undercut the route of my reciever who is open on the lead side of the cut, barely get there and stick the pick?

ryby6969
03-24-2011, 07:31 PM
That 4th down was key and I knew I couldn't make a FG from there with the wind against me so I went for it. I also think the long TD run at the end of the half was huge because it put me back up by 14, and I also got the ball after halftime. As far as what happened midway through the 2nd, I changed up the way I was playing you. On offense, I started running the ball and going for shorter passes hoping to break one and on defense I stopped blitzing as much as I had been.

That first pick you are referring to I had pass defense set to aggressive so that is part of the reason he jumped the route along with EA's route mirroring. Your pass defense was pretty good but against the run you might want to practice not switching guys and diving for tackles. You ended up taking the last lines of defense out of the play a few times because they were diving across the screen.

RcSinger
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah, the way EA has changed the switch players logic has EFFed me and my play style on defense. On earlier versions of the game, defense was my specialty. I never seem to be changed to the player I expect to be changed to. It always changes to a downfield defender even when there is a player in perfect position to make the play. As an AI defender, the back breaks the tackle. Then as I am assuming to be changed to that player, I press dive immediately only to see myself changed to someone 5-10yards up the field and fly across the screen like a drunk frat boy playing beer bowling.

JeffHCross
03-24-2011, 10:20 PM
A&M gets two defensive touchdowns, a third defensive turnover, and significant contributions from their offensive stars as they roll Cal 52-7 despite being doubled in time of possession. Seven of the eight remaining Aggie recruits were in attendance for the contest.

Papa LoneStar
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
:Texas:

The #4 Longhorns take down the Ducks 49-7 in Eugene, Oregon.

Longhorn offense: 517 yards (343 ground, 174 air), 6-9 3rd down conversions

QB Carlos McDaniel, Jr RS: 9-11 174 yards 3 TD 1 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Sr: 22 car 201 yards 3 TD

RB Jerome Brown, So RS: 12 car 118 yards 1 TD

TE Colton Hall, Sr: 3 rec 57 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 203 yards allowed (125 air, 78 ground), 1-8 3rd down conversions allowed, 2 turnovers

CB David Brown, Fr: 5 tackles, 1 INT

DT Lance Gibson, Sr RS: 4 tackles (3 TFL)

Next up: #4 Texas at #13 USC....Longhorns look to try to win in LA for the first time since 2010. Longhorns lost 35-31 in 2011 and 52-28 in 2013. Longhorns are also looking to avoid getting 2 losses in the same season since 2007's 10-3 campaign. *Get ya popcorn ready*

JeffHCross
03-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Any idea who's left?

gschwendt
03-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Any idea who's left?
Played my game tonight... 4-5 were left.

psuexv
03-25-2011, 09:39 PM
USC is left... I'll be able to play tomorrow, probably in the evening

Oneback
03-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I planned on playin gmy game tonight, however the wife wanted to go out tonight and I just got home. I will more than likely get it in tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

Iron Dragon
03-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Sooners fix problems as defense responds after worst performance in 45-7 win

Last week the Oklahoma Sooners defense was trashed by a passing offense of Arkansas, costing them the game.

Sooners media and area fans blasted the team's terrible defense after Lee Williams had career highs in yards, TD passes and all-around performance. Williams kept it going with a 3 TD performance while the defense stepped it up.

DT Jake White had a special game with 7 tackles, 5 TFLs, 4 sacks, and a FF. Jordan McNair also had a sack. The big performance from the secondary was CB Freddie Ingram who recorded an INT and returned a fumble for a TD.

"They worked as a team."

TTU had just 209 offensive yards and was held to 1-for-15 on third downs. The Sooners had 263 passing yards and 229 rushing.

I questioned if this team would be able get us to 6-6 after the string of bad performances, falling from #4 at 4-0 to 4-3. With the win, we are now 5-3, with freshman QB Lee Williams having 7 Total TDs to just 3 INTs in the last two outings.

JeffHCross
03-26-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhDlzWEUHU

Oneback
03-26-2011, 03:28 PM
I am about to kick off, had to finish my honey do's. I had a lot less of them at our old place...seems like I am working on a project every weekend now. The biggest one I got going right now is reovating the lawn. Almost have all the old stuff killed, will soon be digging it up, fixing the soil, grading and planting some hybrid bermuda...why did let my wife talk me into getting a new house....

Oneback
03-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I have never seen this before so I figured I would post. I am sitting at half time of my game: Minnesota @ Michigan and the score is 49-30 Michigan. There were 62 points scored in the 2nd quarter....

7:49 - Minn - P. Dortch breaks the tackle of two linebackers both impact players and runs 74 yards - TD
5:20 - Mich - 2 yard run by Zach Gray - TD
3:59 - Mich - 51 yard bomb to Ronnie Lewis - TD
2:57 - Minn - 83 yard pass where their WR got behind my CB - TD
2:48 - Mich - Kickoff return - TD
2:31 - Minn - 75 yard pass where their WR broke a tackle by both of my impact linebacker (again) on a drag route - TD
2:19 - Mich - 70 yard bomb to Brant - TD
1:48 - Minn - Their HB again brakes 3 tackles and goes 78 yards - TD
0:38 - Mich - Slow methodical drive (more than 10 seconds) to end the half and I plunge it in for a TD.

I love rivalry games where I have recruit visiting.

Oneback
03-26-2011, 05:06 PM
And the game ends 66-30, I slowed things down in the second half and mostly ran the ball.

psusnoop
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow that is crazy, I love that the CPU put up a fight. Be cool if they kept pouring it on though :)

JeffHCross
03-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Repeat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhDlzWEUHU

Kingpin32
03-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm done with my recruiting.

gschwendt
03-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like we're waiting on Escobar and fsuprime.

JeffHCross
03-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Looks like we're waiting on Escobar and fsuprime.Next, pigs will be flying and hell will freeze over.

psusnoop
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Advance!!!!