PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles: Spread Offense

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?176-NCAA-Football-11

beartide06
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I am glad to hear them talking more about the spread. So are they going to be breaking down different versions of the spread through the weeks, or will the next blog be about, for example, the one back set?

Bubble screen being implemented is huge! I have been waiting for this play for a long time coming. We ran it a couple years ago when I was in high school and it proves to be very succesful if the guys block correctly. I know because I was the one receiving the pass on the play lol.

Does any CD guys know if the same blocking logic will come into play on zone read pass? ex) if the end crashes will the QB have the option to run and/or pass? and if the end stays I assume the QB would just hand off to the RB as normal, is that correct?

JeffHCross
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Wow that was thorough. Very good read. First video link does not seem to work, however.

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow that was thorough. Very good read. First video link does not seem to work, however.

Yeah they must have entered the embed code in wrong, I'll check later to see if they have the code updated and working.

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Yes it was. Again, showing how they are more focused on the community. It is good to see them post very elaborate and informational blogs explaining things in detail, then showing vids of each situation and the outcomes.

With these new formations the spread is looking to be killer this year. Users will really have to gameplan accordingly to effectively stop the spread this year. Good thing formation subs are in :)

Deuce
05-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Very, very cool. Just more and more good news.

What happened to blog 3 of 3? Isn't there one more dynasty blog to come?

Flav
05-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I can finally run the read option with Denard! So excited for this :)

Solidice
05-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I saw a shotgun formation called Bazooka(in the last picture), I don't recall that being in NCAA 10.
also 5 WR Tight.

Solidice
05-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Very, very cool. Just more and more good news.

What happened to blog 3 of 3? Isn't there one more dynasty blog to come?

my guess is that there is something that will be in blog 3 that will get announced at E3.

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Did you guys notice in the background on the mo cap videos it looks like they are watching game film of read options.

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I am glad to hear them talking more about the spread. So are they going to be breaking down different versions of the spread through the weeks, or will the next blog be about, for example, the one back set?

Bubble screen being implemented is huge! I have been waiting for this play for a long time coming. We ran it a couple years ago when I was in high school and it proves to be very succesful if the guys block correctly. I know because I was the one receiving the pass on the play lol.

Does any CD guys know if the same blocking logic will come into play on zone read pass? ex) if the end crashes will the QB have the option to run and/or pass? and if the end stays I assume the QB would just hand off to the RB as normal, is that correct?

Yes, but that will be to you to read and decide, it won't be automatic. I really had a lot of fun messing with the zone read and bubble screen when I was playing the game.

Coachdenz
05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
yep good read, now I'm ready for the next one:)

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, but that will be to you to read and decide, it won't be automatic. I really had a lot of fun messing with the zone read and bubble screen when I was playing the game.

Yeah I was just making sure the same logic came into play when running the zone read passes. Good to hear.

It'll be interesting to see if some elite defenses will still be able to stop zone read even if you make the correct read. Play calling on defense would probably come into play here as well. Which makes me hope they have added some new defensive schemes and plays to combat the new offensive plays and formations.

Solidice
05-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope they added that bubble screen to Texas Tech's playbook as well.

no mention of shovel pass, so I guess those are a no go? or would that be mostly for Run & Shoot and Air Raid?

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:38 PM
I hope they added that bubble screen to Texas Tech's playbook as well.

no mention of shovel pass, so I guess those are a no go? or would that be mostly for Run & Shoot and Air Raid?

If they have the shovel pass, I think every run and shoot guy in here would throw a party lol. Heck, even I would because it's such a big part of it.

Solidice
05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
If they have the shovel pass, I think every run and shoot guy in here would throw a party lol. Heck, even I would because it's such a big part of it.

same for the Air Raid guys. lol I've been wanting the shovel pass for years now.

beartide06
05-28-2010, 03:43 PM
same for the Air Raid guys. lol I've been wanting the shovel pass for years now.

Yeah. It was in last gen.

Well this would be the perfect year to add the shovel pass in with all these new offensive sets. It would fit right in and make a lot of people happy. It wouldn't be a killer if it wasn't in though, just something nice lol

Flav
05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
CD guys, I don't know if you can answer this or not but are there zone read to bubble plays? They are a zone read and if the QB pulls he has the option to throw the bubble, it is pretty much like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkmWt3MZxUI

morsdraconis
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
VERY good read. They have REALLY stepped up their blogs. I cannot wait until they show what they've done with the triple option stuff!

pbplayer178
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Very good read. Is there any possibility that the bubble screen is some sort of quick audible? Most spread teams just quick check to it if there is an uncovered receiver.

JBHuskers
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
CD guys, I don't know if you can answer this or not but are there zone read to bubble plays? They are a zone read and if the QB pulls he has the option to throw the bubble, it is pretty much like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkmWt3MZxUI

I am pretty sure there is.

beartide06
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I am pretty sure there is.

That is great. I'm glad they have gotten in a bunch of new plays to mess around with.

Anyone know if shovel pass is in? Or would that possibly be announced in another offensive style blog?

Jayrah
05-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh man that is REALLY SWEET! :cool:

So CD guys, what happens on that bubble when both wr are covered up at the line, as opposed to the CB backing off? I mean at that point running (or audible obviously before snap) is the only option right? Because the wr comes in and whacks the defender so there is no available option down the field without a Offensive PI now, right?

A couple other things I notice: From the read option video - Why does the guard combo and release instead of the tackle on that first handoff? The play's going to the B gap, so that tackle should combo scrape instead, unless the rb just bellied it too wide, which is possible I suppose. The combo is supposed to seal that DT to the opposite side of the hole, which doesn't necessarily happen, as he gets released from the block in the hole (but the play's already through). Oh well, a minor detail, the lead up from the scrape is just weird because of it.

Same video - I LOVE that the reading DE is using choppy steps while reading, he's not just standing there in cement, he's gradually closing down the angle on the qb. That makes me think that the DE contain is going to accomplish something very similar now, and it will be tougher to get outside a moving DE without bubbling. Hopefully that's the case. Also with the same defender I love that once he realizes the rb doesn't have the ball on the crash, he stops and retraces his steps. From the read it sounded like no matter what happened he was going to tackle that rb, but the video shows he at least could potentially get back in the play by chasing it from behind, as opposed to being an rb magnetic robot.

:D On that draw play the referee gets caught avoiding and bouncing off players in the wash. He doesn't impede the player's progress though, which I think is good.

First real good look at UO throwbacks, they look very good. Also I know from the first time we saw the UO field it looked yellow or something very shiny, but it seems like it was a lighting issue with the camera, and looks good.

There are definitely more than the 5 formations they highlighted there that are new, and they look deliciously fun. Hopefully several to many new plays were added as well, to complete the transformation, as opposed to the same plays from different sets. Is the Wolverine split a Michigan specific formation, or a general spread formation? I am wondering why 3 of those are blue outlined and 2 are red. Maybe it's a 'team color' thing though.

AustinWolv
05-28-2010, 06:27 PM
OMG, that is gorgeous. Combo blocks, reading the DE, the WRs going and finding blocks......that was my biggest wishlist stuff from last year's version.

It would be cool if you could adjust the defensive tendency to crash the DE all the time and scrape with the backside LB on the QB, as that is how teams are countering these days..........naturally leaving other stuff open though. Hi, chess match.

champ195797
05-28-2010, 07:15 PM
man if QB#8 from oregon was able to play this year he would be the poster boy for the read option

Flav
05-28-2010, 07:17 PM
man if QB#8 from oregon was able to play this year he would be the poster boy for the read option

+1.

But who in the right mind steals a laptop and a guitar.. WTF?

Jayrah
05-28-2010, 07:51 PM
+1.

:D He should have used his read option skills and chose one or the other. :p

champ195797
05-28-2010, 08:35 PM
+1.

+1
LOL i'm with you when you're right

Buckeye
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I am excited to try out the quad formations, but I really hope EA dedicates a blog to defense soon.

Jayrah
05-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Another question. Does any team run a 2 sided bubble screen? wouldn't the backside wr's be doing something different?

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-29-2010, 12:50 PM
a few of you didnt watch the videos very well...

to answer the "zone read to bubble" question... thats what that play is in the zone read "PA Bubble" just like any PA pass you can run now, you can hand it off to the RB if the LB's bail to coverage... just slide your line in 10 and it works the same way... except... DOH... you have no bubble to throw to unless youre running UF's playbook...

and i will watch it again Jay... but i am NEARLY CERTAIN that on the bubble video the backside slot is mirror to the playside call... YUP... just checked... its mirror... ill give you guys a hint... DO NOT THROW IT LIKE THE VIDEO... whoever is running the play is not running it correctly... you ALWAYS want to throw the ball AWAY fromt he RB direction, otherwise on a zone blitz, or run defense, youre going to create unnecessary flow...

but all in all... im am floored at the depth of the release, the good draw blocking, and that OL hustle down field to make blocks makes me weak in the knees... beautiful sexy stuff fellas...

love the empty sets... no more motioning from trips to create quads, and shotgun 5WR Tiger... this is going to be my best birthday EVER... im taking a few days off just for this game... =)

"E"

Deuce
05-29-2010, 01:11 PM
and this is going to be my best birthday EVER... im taking a few days off just for this game... =)

"E"

Me too my friend. Taking off a half day on Tuesday the 13th and then the rest of the week. My birthday is Sunday the 18th so hopefully my present can be an evening alone with the game and a couple of beers. :)

Rudy
05-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I usually take a week off in July at the beginning of the month but I think I'm going to delay it until the week of NCAA 11's release. I really hope the demo isn't an older and crappy build. The NCAA 10 demo was terrible imo. I saw some glitches I couldn't believe. I tried to let the cpu WR score to go to OT and at the 5 yard line he did a 90 degree turn and ran straight down the 5 yard line until he got tackled.

JeffHCross
05-29-2010, 02:50 PM
my guess is that there is something that will be in blog 3 that will get announced at E3.The other possibility, and the one I'm clinging to, is that it's just taking Russ more time than expected to write up the third blog. Personally, I'd be surprised (though I guess not totally) to see anything related to CPU recruiting (which we know is the subject of the third blog) at E3.

JBHuskers
05-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Also keep in mind, there are a ton of E3 meetings going on in the past week, and this week. So those guys are probably not as free.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-29-2010, 03:05 PM
My birthday is Sunday the 18th

15th here... =)

"E"

Deuce
05-29-2010, 08:34 PM
15th here... =)

"E"

My Dad's is the 15th. :-)

AustinWolv
05-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Another question. Does any team run a 2 sided bubble screen? wouldn't the backside wr's be doing something different?
There are teams that run it.

Iron Dragon
05-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Everything looks good, very interested to try out the new formations and plays. Also the playcalling menus look alot like last-gen, which I like..

Keontez
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Seriously though, Unless you have a Qtrs/Qtrs/Half coverage out of your base alignments, this is going to be even more of a freaking headache offense to deal with.