PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2015

Oneback
03-18-2011, 11:04 PM
=============== #18 Oklahoma Sooners (4-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 41-20 against Cal (1-2).
This week, the Sooners will host #4 Texas (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Tyler Flanagan has committed to Auburn
- (***) MLB Michael Ernst has committed to Miami
- (****) HB Rod Franklin has committed to Oklahoma
- (**) RG Jason Sims has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) HB Brian Miller has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #7 Clemson Tigers (7-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 59-3 against NC State (1-4).
This week, the Tigers will host Marshall (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG James Manning has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (6-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 59-29 against Virginia (4-2).
This week, the Seminoles are idle.

=============== #5 Miami Hurricanes (5-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 37-3 against Maryland (3-3).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Georgia Tech (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Michael Ernst has committed to Miami
- (***) CB Joe McDaniel has committed to Miami
- (****) MLB Justin Bailey has committed to Miami

=============== #13 Michigan Wolverines (4-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 38-31 against Notre Dame (2-3).
This week, the Wolverines will host Purdue (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Leon Newton has committed to Michigan
- (****) C David Gordon has committed to Michigan
- (***) CB Alonzo Hart has committed to Fresno State
- (****) LE Byron Nicholson has committed to Notre Dame
- (*****) LG Tony Koch has committed to Penn State
- (****) LOLB Andy Franz has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) SS Christian Jones has committed to Wisconsin
- (*****) HB Tyrone Wesley has committed to Texas

=============== #15 Texas A&M Aggies (5-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 30-0 against UCLA (3-3).
This week, the Aggies will host #14 USC (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Johnny Gibson has committed to Texas A&M
- (***) C Sam Frye has committed to Washington

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-2) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 80-14 against Iowa (2-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #1 Wisconsin (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Paul Brown has committed to Penn State
- (****) RE Nate Baker has committed to Penn State
- (*****) LT T.J. Singletary has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (3-4) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 31-14 against Navy (4-2).
This week, the Ducks travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Shaun Stokes has committed to LSU
- (***) ROLB Cory Jordan has committed to Oregon
- (***) DT Wayne Green has committed to Oregon

=============== #14 USC Trojans (3-2) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans travel to College Station to face the #15 Texas A&M Aggies (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) K Chris Fontaine has committed to Ohio State
- (****) QB Garrett Tremblay has committed to West Virginia
- (***) TE John James has committed to Fresno State
- (****) C David Gordon has committed to Michigan
- (****) LE A.J. Davis has committed to USC

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 45-24 against Akron (3-2).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Paul Sutton has committed to ECU
- (****) MLB Clint Coley has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) LE Jason Neal has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) FS Leon Harris has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) RE Keith Torres has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (4-1) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #18 Oklahoma Sooners (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Tim Caldwell has committed to Missouri
- (****) LG Nate Washington has committed to Alabama
- (*****) HB Tyrone Wesley has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 54-14 against Illinois (3-2).
This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Clay Williams has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) CB Marcus Duncan has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) LOLB Johnny Gibson has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) MLB Leon Newton has committed to Michigan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oneback
03-18-2011, 11:05 PM
My Season and pretty much my entire recruiting is over for this year, and I've only got 2 recruits....not exactly what I was looking for this season.

JeffHCross
03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
It's interesting how it seems that the computer is getting more competitive in recruiting the deeper we go into this dynasty.

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Snoop, when do you want to play? Tomorrow will be hit or miss for me... not sure if I'll be around late or not but let me know if you're available during the day. Sunday it would have to be later in the evening, thinking 7pm CT at the earliest but free after that.

psusnoop
03-19-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm probably best for a Sunday night at 9pm or 10pm Est kickoff.

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Eric, I'm around all day today but have to head into work tomorrow. Should be available whenever today, and after 7:30 or 8 pm eastern tomorrow. Just text me when you have an idea when you'll be available to play.

Papa LoneStar
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
ID....send me a text as soon as you get a chance....I got a new phone awhile ago and lost all my contacts. I am free ALL day today. Now until very very late. Tommorrow....only early morning as I'll be gone all day until very late. Holla at me.

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Wisconsin Leaves Happy Valley Happy

Line two heavyweights feeling each other out (get off my back for using a tired cliche), Wisconsin and Penn State matched point for point in the first half going into the break tied at 17. From there, Wisconsin pulled away with an unyielding defense and a steady offense. Throughout the game, both schools had a tough time trying to establish the run so instead each turned to their passing game with the #2 & #3 rushing teams combining for just over 600 yards through the air. Conversely, the two teams only combined for 165 yards on the ground, well below either schools' individual average.

Wisconsin fans were elated early in the game as a quick-paced, steady drive saw the Badgers drive 80 yards for a late score expecting to go into the break with the lead. But with only 17 seconds left, the Lions weren't ready for the break just yet as they drove 80 yards themselves in two plays to tie it up. After the half though, Wisconsin went back to trying to put the Nittany Lions on their heels with a balanced offensive attack. That combined with a redefined defensive attack, the Badgers managed to pull away in the third quarter proving to be enough to take the W.

With the win, Wisconsin improves to 7-0 (4-0). Their next challenge will come in Week 12 as they invite the Michigan Wolverines to Madison.

Players of the game:
WR Jeff Everson - 7 catches 113 yards with 2 touchdowns
CB Chris Rice - 2 tackles, 1 interception which was integral to give Wisconsin the win

Iron Dragon
03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
"QB RANDY SMITH GONNA DROP BACK AND THROW.. FINAL PLAY OF THE GAME..

..FIRES TO NICK WEBSTER.. TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!! WAY TO GO SOONERS!!"

Too bad for OU that was their lone TD of the day.

38-7 Texas final as backup QB Randy Smith in for benched Lee Williams got rid of the goose egg on the scoreboard.

The Sooners continue to look for their identity as they had 4 turnovers, and just 62 rushing yards (22 by Smith) - for a team that rushed the ball so well a season ago.

Papa LoneStar
03-19-2011, 03:15 PM
:Texas:

The #4 Longhorns take down the #18 Sooners 38-7 at the Cotton Bowl.

Longhorn offense: 0 turnovers

QB Carlos McDaniel, Jr RS: 4-4 85 yards 2 TD 0 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Sr: 11 car 130 yards 1 TD

RB Jerome Brown, So RS: 10 car 45 yards

WR Roger Moss, So RS: 2 rec 66 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: Allowed 247 yards (185 air, 62 ground) on 51 plays, forced 4 turnovers

OLB Joe McBride, Jr RS: 3 tackles (1 TFL), 1 INT, 1 forced fumble

DE Loren Fagan, Jr RS: 4 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

Next up: Oregon State in Austin, TX....4pm central....ESPN2

RcSinger
03-19-2011, 06:57 PM
How soon after the new game comes out do we normally all get in and start a new dynasty? It's still a few months away, but with summer coming, it'll be here before we know it.

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Last year we started the dynasty around August 1st, because we were delayed while I finished up my 1995 Buckeyes. In previous years, we've usually started within a week of rosters being released, I believe.

Last year we "stopped" about a month before release, due to my PS3 dying, Prime going out of the country, and Tommy quitting both Powerhouse and SBCOL because he'd been spoiled by playing NCAA 11 at Community Day.

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Last year we started the dynasty around August 1st, because we were delayed while I finished up my 1995 Buckeyes. In previous years, we've usually started within a week of rosters being released, I believe.

Last year we "stopped" about a month before release, due to my PS3 dying, Prime going out of the country, and Tommy quitting both Powerhouse and SBCOL because he'd been spoiled by playing NCAA 11 at Community Day.
Actually I retired a full 3 months early last year... but like you said, it was because I had been spoiled by playing NCAA11 early. Obviously we see how that turned out but that said, if/when I goto Community Day this year, I can't imagine NCAA12 being so different gameplay-wise that it will ruin 11 for me. Obviously we'll see when that time comes though. I think the only thing that will slow me down is when I finally decide to send my console off for repair which will likely be sometime in May or when it finally keels over on me.

RcSinger
03-19-2011, 08:12 PM
It appears as though NCAA12 is bringing back dreads. They have overhauled the Graphics again but have said nothing about gameplay. The graphics look awesome, but I am more interested in gameplay enhancements.
http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
It appears as though NCAA12 is bringing back dreads. They have overhauled the Graphics again but have said nothing about gameplay. The graphics look awesome, but I am more interested in gameplay enhancements.Yeah, we've been talking about it over here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-News-amp-Announcements), in case you haven't made your way over there, Singer. The first blog is almost always about graphics. Gameplay enhancements will be forthcoming, though they've started with their countdown of plays that have been added to the game.

Actually I retired a full 3 months early last year...Yeah, I knew. But the full league didn't die until closer to a month before release, from my memory. I'm actually not sure, 'cause that last month before release is a massive blur to me.

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zp9T8a7t8

Powerhouse Online Dynasty
Season 6 Week 8
Wisconsin at Penn State
gschwendt vs psusnoop

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Gotta love catching the ball inside the 5 and then running backwards to run time off the clock :P

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Gotta love catching the ball inside the 5 and then running backwards to run time off the clock :P
Heh... no I think he was shocked that my defender didn't intercept it (as was I) and was preparing to give chase.

JeffHCross
03-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Heh... no I think he was shocked that my defender didn't intercept it (as was I) and was preparing to give chase.Oh, I'm sure that's the real reason.

But I'm gonna call him a hack anyway. :) :D :nod:

psusnoop
03-20-2011, 07:46 AM
I was stunned, had zero expectations of catching that ball. When I left it go I quickly called out "pick" and was hitting the right analog in an attempt to break up the pass. Then was stunned I had caught it.

JeffHCross
03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Never mind, didn't see the text from Eric. USC-A&M on tap for tomorrow now.

Oneback
03-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Escobar and the Jeff/psuexv game/recruiting and Kingpin's recruiting remain.

psuexv
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Sorry guys... I had to cancel on Jeff last night. The game will be played tonight.

Kingpin32
03-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm done with my recruiting.

JeffHCross
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM
A&M quite literally throws the game away against USC. They lose a heartbreaker 41-35 in triple overtime.

The game was decided by, essentially, four passes for Texas A&M. One early interception left points on the board, another incompletion left the Aggies just outside of field goal range, and three consecutive incompletions at midfield stopped the Aggies cold just when they had all the momentum. And an interception on the final play of the game, when everyone in the stadium thought they would throw another touchdown pass, gave the victory to the Trojans.

It was an incredibly even game, as the teams ended up nearly dead even in yards. 452 for A&M, 451 for the Trojans.

QB Darrell Williams, the "running" QB in the Aggie offense, threw 27/42 for 389 yards, with 4 TDs and 2 INTs. Those INTs will probably haunt the young man for the rest of the year, if not longer. All-Everything Joe Walker countered with 27/37 for 358, 4 TDs and, most importantly, zero turnovers.

Great game Eric ... I wanted you to fold it in so many times, but you never let up. Man I wish we could have been on headset for that.

gschwendt
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Advance!!!! ?

JeffHCross
03-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I think Eric's done with his recruiting (it's not showing him ready), and Kingpin doesn't show ready, but he did post above -- so yes.

ADVANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

JeffHCross
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Argh ... and I have a bye week in Week 9, too. Double gut-shot in one night.

Papa LoneStar
03-21-2011, 11:30 PM
What a GREAT game to decide 2nd place in the Pac-10....I wish it was recorded.

psuexv
03-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah Good game Jeff, I would have loved to been on the headset when you threw that 1st pick :) It was a very even game and I was actually worried early on as you seemed to be able to keep things going and I couldn't, especially when I missed on 2 3rd and shorts with one throwing to a quick flat and the dude couldn't get 1 yard. My TD right before the half was huge!

Like I said last night I wish I would have tried the 52 yarder with 5 seconds left, but I didn't think I had the leg and thought I could get a couple more yards on a quick slant but I actually gained too many yards and time expired.

psuexv
03-22-2011, 08:23 AM
What a GREAT game to decide 2nd place in the Pac-10....I wish it was recorded.

Remember where the game is this year big guy.

Papa LoneStar
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Remember where the game is this year big guy.

Haha....I know....just trying to give myself some confidence. I will NOT read ANY good luck texts from Prime before this one....the last 2 games in LA....Prime happened to be online when both of us logged in....lol

psuexv
03-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Haha....I know....just trying to give myself some confidence. I will NOT read ANY good luck texts from Prime before this one....the last 2 games in LA....Prime happened to be online when both of us logged in....lol

Good to know.... I may have to fill up Prime's Paypal account in exchange for sending some messages.

Papa LoneStar
03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
lol....the first one....he just said good luck....the 2nd game....he said....just take your time and play your game....stay cool under pressure....lol

JeffHCross
03-22-2011, 05:35 PM
On the one hand, I wish that game was recorded because I'd love for all of you to be able to see that mess. Though it wouldn't have been the same without my curses and yells.

On the other hand, I am so glad I can't punish myself with "film room" time watching that loss.