PDA

View Full Version : Real Assignment AI in NCAA Football 11

cdj
05-07-2010, 10:24 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?124-Real-Assignment-AI-in-NCAA-Football-11

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 05:17 PM
CD guys,

I was reading this new Madden blog on the new run blocking:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Blocking

Assuming that this is the same as assignment AI (and comparing the 2 blogs it looks like they are), it got me wondering if you guys might be able to answer a few questions about how this affects the defense:

-I love the idea of realistic double-teams & peeling off to the backers. My question is, did you noticed how this worked if it was up against a dominant defensive lineman? Do higher rated Dlineman eat up the double team keeping the backers free? Do they flat out beat the double team at times?

-If you called defenses geared towards stopping the run, did it have a legitimate shot at stopping the run? Do extra men in the box frustrate the blocking schemes like they should?

-Do lower rated lineman execute these blocks less effectively?

cdj
05-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I didn't look at the ratings as much as I would have liked to break it down (the build at that time didn't like us looking at depth charts), but your second question is a yes. Put enough guys in the box and they will stop the run. The blockers can only do so much but they don't get as confused so easily like they did last year even with fewer men in the box.

I saw some people asking raczilla on twitter about ratings and he said there should be a dev chat soon on this topic where that would be a great time to get Scantlebury to answer it in detail. This blog is basically the same as in NCAA, so just apply it to the game.

Rudy
05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering if they got the online roster editor going. Adam Thompson hinted last year that they were looking into something like that. It would be fantastic as you could share rosters across platforms and you could have full rosters ready before the game even released.

Solidice
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
the CPU running sound really nice.

looking forward to seeing the HB draws. hoping to be able to catch some people off guard when using Texas Tech for once.