PDA

View Full Version : First NCAA Football 12 Screenshot Released

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Here is the very first screen shot of NCAA Football 12!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0314/vg_ncaa12_1_576.jpg

Please post your thoughts on what you see in the screen shot!

From ESPN's Jon Robinson (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6215803/first-ncaa-football-12-screen):

Take a look at the first screenshot from EA Sports' upcoming video game "NCAA Football 12." How many new features can you spot?

The answer will officially be posted tomorrow at 3pm EST on the official "NCAA Football 12" site (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football) along with a video that explains some of the enhancements made to the game.

But just looking at the screen, I can already callout the new dreadlocks, the Miami Pro Combat uniforms, as well as what looks to be improved lighting and even more defined grass (yes, I'm now down to examining the grass in video games).

See anything else? Be sure to check out the official "NCAA Football 12" page (http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football) tomorrow for all of the answers.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Post is updated!

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 12:14 PM
First thing I noticed was Miami's uniforms and the dreadlocks. The after you pointed out the lighting and the grass I noticed those to. Do not really see a whole lot more though. Tough to tell a lot from that pick.

HWill
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Could be wrong about this, but the helmet the ball-carrier is wearing looks new.

Boucher
03-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I was pretty close on my screen shot perdiction eh... Also looks like number 52 has the schutt air was don't think that style was in last year

Boucher
03-14-2011, 12:23 PM
We missing colored gloves though

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm not an equipment guy, but is that sleeve on #52 new?

Solidice
03-14-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm glad the "why no dreads?" threads can stop now. :D

grass look pretty good as well, at least compared to what it used to be.

CLW
03-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm glad the "why no dreads?" threads can stop now. :D

grass look pretty good as well, at least compared to what it used to be.

LMAO I kinda wanted them to leave dreads out just b/c I'm evil. I get NOTHING from these screen shots. Hopefully, the equipment/hair people are happy now.

Maybe its just me but uniforms appear to be dirtier than in the past.

EDIT: Also does one Miami player have White shoe laces (#55) and the others have black (#6). I know I was really craving the ability to edit my players laces color.

Tarhead10
03-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think the game judging by the pic looks a little better from last year... The details look more realistic from this screenshot... Also the dreads look a whole lot more realistic than any I have seen in Madden... I also think that #52 is wearing the new schutt helmets and the miami player #6 looks to have on a schutt ion helmet, which is new... I think is looks great, now it just makes me sick to have to look at calendar and realize we are still months away....

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 02:04 PM
LMAO I kinda wanted them to leave dreads out just b/c I'm evil. I get NOTHING from these screen shots. Hopefully, the equipment/hair people are happy now.

Maybe its just me but uniforms appear to be dirtier than in the past.

EDIT: Also does one Miami player have White shoe laces (#55) and the others have black (#6). I know I was really craving the ability to edit my players laces color.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I have never understood the people who scream and refuse to buy the game because you can not have dreadlocks, different color shoelaces, visor, etc. I mean being able to do those things are nice but I am a whole lot more interested in the gameplay side of things and the dynasty side of things than I will ever be in those. Do not get me wrong I want updated uni's and such but it's not a deal breaker for me and it would never cause me not to buy the game. And for EA to put out a picture like this and say how many new features can you find, goes to show me that I am in the minority.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Agree with this wholeheartedly. I have never understood the people who scream and refuse to buy the game because you can not have dreadlocks, different color shoelaces, visor, etc. I mean being able to do those things are nice but I am a whole lot more interested in the gameplay side of things and the dynasty side of things than I will ever be in those. Do not get me wrong I want updated uni's and such but it's not a deal breaker for me and it would never cause me not to buy the game. And for EA to put out a picture like this and say how many new features can you find, goes to show me that I am in the minority.

Newsflash....those people buy the game anyways :D and play it in secret.

OSUCowboyofMD
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Wow! That looks GREAT!!!! Dreadlocks, new helmet, grass, maybe a new crowd?

Paakaa10
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
...but I am a whole lot more interested in the gameplay side of things and the dynasty side of things than I will ever be in those. Do not get me wrong I want updated uni's and such but it's not a deal breaker for me and it would never cause me not to buy the game. And for EA to put out a picture like this and say how many new features can you find, goes to show me that I am in the minority.

I don't think it has as much to do with you "being in the minority" in terms of what people are looking for as much as what you can meaningfully show off in a single screenshot. It's a good deal easier to show off dreads, uniforms, grass, etc... in a single screenshot from the field than it would be to have a single screenshot that shows off gameplay/Dynasty features.

And tomorrow morning another screenshot will be posted to the EA NCAA Football Facebook account, followed by a video at 3:00PM ET detailing some of the improvements in this year's game; I wouldn't feel like you're not part of the "target market" just because the first picture had more to do with aesthetic details than gameplay.

HawkFan
03-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Newsflash....those people buy the game anyways :D and play it in secret.

:) I know JB. They just want us all to think they are taking a stand and bitter, post and then 30 minutes later fire the game up.

coogrfan
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Nice graphics, absolutely hideous uni's.

Kingpin32
03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not an equipment guy, but is that sleeve on #52 new?

That was actually in this year's game. I think it's some kind of elbow brace.

skipwondah33
03-14-2011, 03:15 PM
#1 looks like the field sod "chalks" up when a hard plant is made

#2 the defender looks like he was juked, fell down but is still trying to make a tackle

#3 the uniforms appear to get dirty (guess we won't hear about that either lol)

ryby6969
03-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Were defenders able to tackle when they were basically on the ground last year? I don't remember ever seeing a tackle attempt that looked like that.

AustinWolv
03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
The sheen on the helmet looks really good IMO.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 03:44 PM
The sheen on the helmet looks really good IMO.

One would say it's #winning...

xMrHitStickx904
03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
^ i like what you did there.

Flav
03-14-2011, 05:19 PM
NCAA 11:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/attachments/ncaa-football/30934-first-ncaa-football-12-screenshot-dreads-back-what-else-can-you-spot-25667_646213990132_31101532_37438963_7871396_n.jpg

NCAA 12:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/attachments/ncaa-football/30933d1300128483-first-ncaa-football-12-screenshot-dreads-back-what-else-can-you-spot-vg_ncaa12_1_576.jpg

Details
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Will I allow myself to get overly excited from a single screenshot?

Yes!

jaymo76
03-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Good to see the info is finally startingt. I'm glad for the people who want dreads that they finally get it... just hope it didn't take a ton of time. Personally I would have much rather had a chain gange but to each his own. Any addition that adds realism is a good thing.

steelerfan
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I am very impressed with the grass. The entirety of the screenshot is better than 11. Let the news start to flow!

Jayrah
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
1. Eye black? Or shadows?

2. I love the cutback!

3. Lighting, Grass (on a real grass field in Miami far as I know, hopefully there's a difference with the look of field turf), sleeveless jerseys (look much better), looks like degradation, dreads, ALL AWESOME!

4. I hope that I'm right about this.... The player models look MUCH more defined to me. Hopefully that's a sign that there are different types of players that you can **SEE** and feel on the stix.

Lots of great stuff in this pic. I'll look for an hour later, after my workouts ;) Really excited about this first information. I've been itching for over a month now!

RussellWilson
03-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Hopefully they'll show different teams in the screenshots! like boise state or virginia tech or even NC STATE

Paakaa10
03-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Contrasting the first screenshot released for NCAA Football 11 with today's screenshot release for NCAA Football 12:

http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ncaafootball110226a.jpghttp://www.operationsports.com/forums/attachments/ncaa-football/30933d1300128483-first-ncaa-football-12-screenshot-dreads-back-what-else-can-you-spot-vg_ncaa12_1_576.jpg

Kinda funny how the composition of the screenshots are fairly similar. Still see a good improvement for 12 over 11 at this early stage.

JeffHCross
03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Second image is an OS attachment, so it doesn't work over here. Use this path instead: http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0314/vg_ncaa12_1_576.jpg

Jayrah
03-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I am sitting here.....staring.....trying to decide. Hmmmmm

Is that defender sliding past like in previous iterations, or was he down, and trying to dive and make a play from the ground?

Also, is that running back going to be able to keep his balance, or is he going to simply twist and dive for what he can get? I would really like to see that in a short yardage, or goal line situation, along with a pileup of massive bodies pushing and tugging for every inch. Regardless, definite improved locomotion.

2 more things I noticed....1) knee pads (don't remember those previously) and it looks optional. And 2) The facemasks look much higher and compact on the chin, instead of stretched out. The opening for the eyes is in perfect proportion. Looks really good. A visor will look disgustingly wicked.

I used to HATE analyzing a simple screenie, but this is important to my vitalization right now! I'm having the most fun ever with 11 still, and 12 looks ridiculous!

psusnoop
03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Does that orange knee brace look better on the Miami O-Lineman?

cdj
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Does that orange knee brace look better on the Miami O-Lineman?

I think it's the same from 11, but not sure.

It appears UF is wearing their 2010 Pro-Combats as well which feature the reptile skin design on the helmet and uniform numbers. It's tough to see that in the small screenshot though.

http://www.nike.com/usnikefootball/us/en_US/flash_modules/rivalries2010/assets/florida/wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

For reference's sake, here is Miami's 2010 PC unis. It would appear the game doesn't have the right socks and shoes. (Minor, but Canes fans will likely say something and you'd have to assume Nike would want it correct.)

http://www.nike.com/usnikefootball/us/en_US/flash_modules/rivalries2010/assets/miami/wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

Kwizzy
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Looks like there will be a video posted at 3PM ET on the NCAA Football facebook page to go over the screen shot. Should be interesting! :)

Voting is open! Go cast your vote now and make sure you come back here at 3pm ET for the FIRST NCAA Football 12 video!

onikuno
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
EA is late posting the video. I have stuff to do EA!

Kwizzy
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
video & screenshot posted
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_12/b/ps3/archive/2011/03/15/the-new-look-of-ncaa-football-12.aspx

morsdraconis
03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Video is unavailable...

steelerfan
03-15-2011, 04:23 PM
I must say again, the grass looks great. The split screen with 11 shows how big a change it really is. Very nice start to the news trickle the last couple days.

JeffHCross
03-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Video is unavailable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsU1Z_E-a-k

Jayrah
03-15-2011, 07:31 PM
The video shows divots and flying pieces of grass! That's cool stuff. Hopefully it's just on real grass and not the field turf, and hopefully keeps building throughout the game instead of replacing it during the game. Very nice job on the lighting ea. I was very impressed last year with the strides taken in that area. Screenshots in 11 are NICE! 12's are going to be EPIC!

JBHuskers
03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah Tiger 12 had a VERY nice improvement on the grass, I was hoping it would carry over to NCAA 12. It's really going to add to the highlight screenshots!