PDA

View Full Version : Week 6, 2015

Oneback
03-12-2011, 07:37 PM
=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 52-7 against Army (1-4).
This week, the Sooners travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Tim Merriman has committed to Florida

=============== #13 Clemson Tigers (5-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 48-13 against Wake Forest (2-2).
This week, the Tigers travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Tim Merriman has committed to Florida
- (*****) QB Brendan Reid has committed to Florida State

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (4-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 58-6 against North Carolina (2-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Jim Hicks has committed to Florida
- (****) LE Trent Austin has committed to Florida State
- (*****) CB Ryan Miller has committed to Florida State
- (****) FS J.D. Smith has committed to Alabama
- (*****) QB Brendan Reid has committed to Florida State

=============== #4 Miami Hurricanes (3-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 66-0 against Pittsburgh (2-2).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Duke (0-3).

=============== #12 Michigan Wolverines (2-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 34-7 against Penn State (3-2).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Jim Hicks has committed to Florida

=============== #16 Texas A&M Aggies (3-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 31-10 against Texas Tech (1-2).
This week, the Aggies travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Jerome Pierce has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-2) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 34-7 against Michigan (2-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Eddie Branch has committed to ECU
- (****) HB Greg Cooper has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (2-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 35-32 against Cal (0-2).
This week, the Ducks will host #6 Oklahoma (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Keith Owens has committed to Washington
- (***) ROLB Harrison Cox has committed to Oregon

=============== #14 USC Trojans (2-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 34-0 against Oklahoma State (1-3).
This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) DT Dustin Reid has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #18 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 59-45 against NC State (1-3).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (3-1) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host Texas Tech (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (4-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 45-7 against Iowa (1-2).
This week, the Badgers will host Michigan State (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) DT Dustin Reid has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeffHCross
03-12-2011, 09:05 PM
In the first half against Arkansas, in Fayetteville, Texas A&M jumps out to a 28-3 lead. By halftime, the Aggies have a 264-60 edge in Total Offense.

However, QB Patrick Melton has been lost for 3 weeks, which will include the upcoming showdown against USC.

JeffHCross
03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Texas A&M dominates Arkansas in Fayetteville. Despite using three different quarterbacks, the Aggies continue their balanced attack, throwing for 277 yards in the air. Star WR Chris Clark catches 11 passes himself for 201 yards. Before his injury, Patrick Melton was a perfect 9-for-9 for 127 yards and 1 TD.

The running game did have moderate struggles against the Arkansas defense, with Justin Love only able to manage 41 yards on 15 carries. However, he was spelled in the second half by freshman talent Greg Patterson who rushed for 60 yards on 13 carries. Patterson looks to get more carries as the season goes along and he learns the intricacies of the Aggie offense.

Stat of the Day: Despite a long rush of 23 yards, the Razorbacks only managed a net 4 yards rushing in 16 carries, thanks to numerous rushes that lost yardage and six sacks.

The Aggies will be traveling to Los Angeles in Week 7. Coach JeffHCross has joked that he might travel early and "sneak into USC's practice facilities". The Trojans visit the Aggies in Week 8.

fsuprime
03-12-2011, 10:20 PM
btw: i wont complain about my stupid loss to miami after this, but you know i think it would have been real easy for ryby to just change his depthchart and it would have worked fine if you aoll couldn't get on at the same time :)

gschwendt
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
btw: i wont complain about my stupid loss to miami after this, but you know i think it would have been real easy for ryby to just change his depthchart and it would have worked fine if you aoll couldn't get on at the same time :)
That or in hindsight, ryby could have just retired while Oneback simmed it. It's unfortunate how it worked out... I feel your pain prime.

Papa LoneStar
03-13-2011, 12:12 AM
:Texas:

The #3 Texas Longhorns dominate the Texas Tech Red Raiders 77-7 in front of Austin, TX and 14 recruiting prospects.

Longhorn offense:

567 yards (384 ground, 183 air), 11-10 redzone TDs (not a typo)

QB Carlos McDaniel, Jr RS: 11-19 164 yards 4 TD 0 INT

RB Earl Campbell II, Sr: 17 car 203 yards 5 TD

RB Jerome Brown, So RS: 15 car 132 yards 2 TD

WR Roger Moss, So RS: 5 rec 85 yards 3 TD

TE Colton Hall, Sr: 4 rec 65 yards

Longhorn defense:

142 yards allowed (139 air, 3 ground), 5-15 3rd down conversions allowed, 5 turnovers forced

DT Lance Gibson, Sr RS: 13 tackles (9....count 'em 9 TFL), 2 sacks

MLB Eric Davis, Sr RS: 11 tackles (6 TFL), 1 forced fumble

CB Joe Wilson, Jr: 6 tackles, 1 forced fumble

Recruiting: Eight 5* and six 4* recruits visited this weekend including the #1 RB, DE, G, OLB, and TE in this class. The Longhorn coaching staff is very excited about possibly getting a great haul this season that will compare to the class of 2012 recruits who delivered 2 conference titles and a national title as they entered their senior and redshirt junior year this season.

Next up: BYE in Week 7....Red River Shootout vs #6 Oklahoma in Week 8....7pm central on ABC....get ya popcorn ready

ryby6969
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM

We did get on at the same time and he told me to disco so he could sim it. My bad prime, didn't think about changing my depth chart. :( It actually makes me feel bad to know my team can beat you without me but I cant. :D

fsuprime
03-13-2011, 12:41 AM
game likes upsets its ok i consider the whole season a pile of b.s. and warchant.com will pretend their was a lockout between the programs and the ncaa because their will not be a legit champion this season

psusnoop
03-13-2011, 09:38 AM
When is the Oregon vs Oklahoma game

Iron Dragon
03-13-2011, 06:23 PM
KP, when are you available to play?

Kingpin32
03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
KP, when are you available to play?

I can play right now. Sorry didn't realize we advanced.

Kingpin32
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey ID, I can play tonight after 8pm Central when I get off of work.

Iron Dragon
03-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm online, hopefully you show up before 10 or 10:15 or otherwise that's making it too late on my end.

If we can't go tonight: This week my evenings are kinda busy. I'm available 3:30pm to not too late during the weeknights, but March Madness will definitely limit this time.

JeffHCross
03-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Based on stories posted to the Wire, we're waiting on Clemson, Oklahoma, and Oregon. I'm assuming Virginia Tech has done their recruiting.

Oneback
03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Only Kingpin and Dragon remain

Escobar
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Yea, I played my game when we first advanced, but dynasty wire was down so it didn't post a story.

JeffHCross
03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Got it.

Oneback
03-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Kingpin/Dragon where are we at with getting the game played? I know March Madness has started but we need to get this game played ASAP. Thank you.

Kingpin32
03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm available now if possible.

Iron Dragon
03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Kingpin can play the game vs CPU or the game can be simmed, because anything starting after 9pm is just too late this week for me; 5:30am is an awful wake-up call (but thankfully temporarily).

Sorry for the inconvenience KP and holding the rest of you guys up.